Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings Ferry terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one. What's right with Nick? Right, Today's going to be a fast show. I know I say that a lot, Yeah, today I actually mean it because today the NCAA tournament starts. So I figure people are already blocked out for about twelve hours of sports content today. So I'm gonna be quick. We're gonna be done well before the bat the games get going. Give you a nice little break if you're watching us live on YouTube before the games tip off a little afternoon. Also, I gotta be totally transparent here. You don't know if you believe like what you just said. No, I do believe what I just said. I am really nervous about the UH ratings for today's television.
Speaker 4: Show, for today's specific because of the tournament.
Speaker 3: Because of the tournament's where we're gonna be programming the tournament now Tomorrow, Luckily the TV show is dark. We're off I think because a NASCAR or something or I'm not sure what. Well, whatever it is, we the we don't have to. We're not on the air tomorrow today. I do think there are no The problem is this even people such as myself who are not super into college basketball throughout the regular season are watching the tournament, and so I was gonna be like, maybe NFL and NBA. No, because even NFL and NBA fans are gonna be watched. So we'll see maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and we'll do a nice number today on television. But the tournament has not started. This show has. It's episode one thirty five. Let's get to what. Oh, by the way, kept the commitment. Third straight show. We're in the coordinating tracksuit. We'll see how how many of these we keep going. I think I've worn this exact outfit on the show two other times, once when I interviewed Lil Wayne and one other time randomly. All right, first, what missed the cut? Matt Ryan has been released by the Indianapolis Colts. The Clippers team plane was struck by lightning, and that's not a euphemism for signing Russell Westbrook. It actually was struck by lightning. And Ezekiel Elliot Cutt needs to play center elsewhere. That does suck for Zeke. His final play as a cowboy was him getting power bomb to the center of the earth on that against the Niners. All right, let's start the show to Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, man, Aaron Rodgers pulled the old reverse card on Pat McAfee, yeah, saying that Rogers said the Packers are the ones dragging their feet on the trade and not him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry about that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Now there are rumblings that this trade may be drawn out even further as both teams believe they're the ones with the leverage. Yeah, the whole world now thinks Rogers is a Jet. So wouldn't it be really funny if this ended up falling through the cracks at this point?
Speaker 3: All right, So it's not gonna fall through the cracks, but there is a legitimate question about when this happens, So we can talk about that in a second. First, I want to talk about Rogers' actual interview. So Rogers clearly tried to make the case that the Packers, for lack of a better term, owe it to him to just move on. They he said, I'm the longest tenured packer ever, I'm arguably the greatest packer in team history. Go ahead, they owe it like that, They owe it to him to just let him go, to take whatever the Jets are offering and move on.
Speaker 5: After the huge contract he just requested the previous show exactly right.
Speaker 3: So there was first, let me say this because I said it on TV. I believe Aaron Rodgers when he said he told them on Friday he wanted to be a Jet, and so I should apologize for criticizing him for dragging this out into free agents, because it does not look like he did that free agency opened Monday. Essentially he told them Friday. I believe him on that. I do not believe him when he says when he went into the darkness he was ninety percent retired, ten percent coming back. That's not credible to me. And Broussard made a really good point on TV, which was he claimed when he went into the darkness he was ninety percent retired, ten percent coming back. A packer only wanted to play for the Packers. Came out of the darkness, found out the packers didn't want him. Well, if that's the case, then you just retire if you were leaning ninety percent retirement, or just play with the Packers. You then find out the packers don't want you, It doesn't make a lot of sense. They're like, okay, now I'll just go play for the Jets. So I don't believe him on that he can be upset if he wants it's sixty million dollars guaranteed to him. Sorry about that, if it's sixty million dollars guaranteed to him if he plays this year. I don't think he was ever retiring. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: So you're saying that you think there might be some false like he went in there thinking that he was probably gonna try to play for another team.
Speaker 3: I think he went in there thinking he was gonna play, and this idea that he was blindsighted that the Packers were ready to move on. When December twenty sixth, Mark Schlereth told me on TV the Packers were ready to move on, there have been at the NFL combat. There have been rumblings for weeks the Packers are ready to move on. It seems odd that Rogers would be the last to know about something like that. That's first of all. Second of all, I don't think Rogers has generated enough long term goodwill, given how high maintenance he's been over the last few years, to where the Packers are just going to be like, all right, third round pick, let's move on. I don't think they're gonna do that. It would be bad business. Even you could argue even if he had generated that, that would be bad business. But I don't think he has generated that type of goodwill that. Second of all, Third of all, he was not totally honest in this interview on stuff we know about. So he went after Diana Roussini. So I want to read you Diana Rusini's actual tweet. Okay, So Diana Rusini two days ago say that again, demark the.
Speaker 5: Wish list that Aaron Rodgers requested. I find it crazy that people don't think that he did that.
Speaker 3: Well, he admitted that he did that much. So here's what's interesting. So Diana Russini called it a wish list. Here is the exact tweet. Aaron Rodgers has provided the New York Jets with a wish list of free agents he would like them to target. It includes Randall Cobb, Alan Lazard, Mercedes Lewis, and Odell Beckham Junior. He went on McAfee and debunked the idea that he demanded they sign these guys, and then explained how he absolutely talked to them about guys he likes and gave his opinion. He confirmed. She did not say now if she had tweeted Aaron Rodgers has told the Jets he will only accept a trade there if they sign X, Y and Z. That's different. That is not what she reported, and they have signed Lazard. He on McAfee spoke glowingly about Mercedes Lewis, who's thirty eight years old, Randall Cobb, who was the seventh oldest receiver in football last year that actually played, and Odell so.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 3: He gets very upset about stuff without always having his facts exactly lined up. So there's all of that. Now there's the actual cap mechanics of this. And I apologize for all these bells and whistles going on this morning. There's all these cap mechanics going on about it. Okay, the Packers are going to take a forty million dollar dead money hit by trading Aaron Rodgers for forty million is going to go to Rogers cap if he's not on the team now, if they trade him after June first, they can spread that out over two years. Sixteen million this year, twenty four million next year. Now, you know my belief, if you're not competing for a Super Bowl, take your medicine. Now, I think it would be smarter for them to take the full forty million this year and have a clean cap next year. However, if they feel like, we don't want the first year without Rogers to be a totally down year, we want to be able to compete at the highest level possible, then in that circumstance, they might think we're better off waiting until after June first. Now, flip side to that is that would mean whatever compensation you get from the Jets is not this year's draft. It's next year's draft, right, so that they have to weigh all of that. But right now, the Packers they can wait as long as they want. They can wait theoretically into August if they want to. I don't think they will, And I don't know strategically if Rogers played yesterday properly, I just don't And so go ahead.
Speaker 5: Do you think this cements Rodgers is one of the biggest NFL divas in history.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's skyrocketing up the list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I I mean obviously I haven't always followed football, but I can't.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: The only guy that comes to mind when I think of divas is like Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Well, let's stay with quarterbacks from a lot of wide receiver divas Corners. It's kind of part and parcel with the position. You don't you don't remember Cam, you would Cam a little bit. Maybe you don't remember the Farv stuff. He's Farv retired, came back retired, came back. You you're but and so there is, and Rogers replaced Farv like and Rod Farv ended up going to the Jets like there's and Rogers sat for three years and love Is sat for three years. There's a lot of history repeating itself here, the Rogers taking late in the first round, Love singing in the first round. Farv was upset with the pick right, there's now four Jets fans. The biggest piece of optimism is actually a bit of an indictment on Rogers. It The biggest piece of optimism is that Rogers can still be great when he's got a chip on his shoulder and motivated, and he just wasn't last year. So Rogers won his back to back MVPs right after the Packers drafted Jordan Love and made it clear they were ready to move on. Then he was great. Then he signed his new contract and was not good. Now he does seem to be motivated again himself. However, if this if Rogers play declining last year was a lack was due to a lack of motivation, and now all of a sudden, he's excellent. It's almost an indictment on him as an athlet.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: They gave you the one of the greatest contracts in NFL history, and you're like, Okay, now I can relax. That ain't great. That's really not great. Uh. I don't think the Jets should do this, but they're too far down the road. They've signed Lazarre, they hired Hacket, they're doing this. I don't think it will work out. And do you have another question you want to ask me before I move on?
Speaker 5: But yeah, if the Packers draw this out too long, should the Jets extend Lamar and off?
Speaker 3: They're not doing They're the Jets are pot committed now to the Rogers thing, and I believe Rogers is gonna play there. But I don't if this was going to if this was going to be a relatively simple negotiation, it would be done. It is in both teams best interests for it to be done. But it is more in the Jets' best interest for it to be done than the Packers. Right, because Jordan's been with the team, he's on the team.
Speaker 5: About Rogers trying to leave, Jordan Love asked out, though, what do you mean, Like, I mean he wants Cobb to come hard to coming.
Speaker 3: He's like, well, well that's that I don't blame him for. And by the way, Cobb like, if the jets, if the jetson signed Cobb, Cobb's career zone right, Marcedes Lewis career should be over. So that's where we're at. I don't you know, I didn't think Rogers made himself look great on McAfee yesterday. And it's a really weird turn he's taken over the last few years. I don't totally get it. There's some toxic Internet brain part of it. And let's not forget this piece. The entire Aaron Rodgers heel turn, if you will, started with the misleading the media about being vaccinated. I'm immunizedment whatever. Okay, his initial claim there was he was allergic to what the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. He has since on McAfee talked a ton about Big Pharma being one of the most evil entities in the world, cause of mayhem, destruction, pain suffer. The new York Jets are owned by Woody Johnson. I understand Johnson is a common last name, but it is not a coincidence. Woody Johnson is the heir to the Johnson and Johnson pharmaceutical fortune. So after talking about the ills of Big Pharma, he now works for Big Pharma or is about to that. The irony there is unbelievable, speaking of NFL owners, last names and big companies. Fun fact, Robert Craft not Craft, Mac and Cheese, Nope, just the same name, got his money differently. I always I thought for years he was a mac and cheese guy, not the mac and cheese guy, believe it or not.
Speaker 5: All right, Next, Yeah, this was supposed to be a fast show. How long do we spent on there?
Speaker 3: In twelve minutes? That was a major topic. Yeah, opening monologue.
Speaker 5: Speaking of diva quarterbacks, you called it out on Tuesday, that and Baker that Baker Mayfield to play for the Bucks and he's obviously on the Bucks now. In other words, Tampa Bay has upgraded from seven times Super Bowl champ Tom Brady, they stood up pieces to work with. And we know how you feel about the Saints, so you like Tampa to win the division right.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe Caroline's gonna be starting the first overall pick quarterback. They're not gonna win the division. Atlanta doesn't know what they're doing. They now they could go sign Lamar and be awesome and be really good, but they don't seem to want to do that. I do think it wouldn't shock me if the Saints win nine games and win the division. I don't think the Saints are, you know, locked into being a horrific team. I think they are locked into not competing for super Bowls. But do what? Where? Did Let me check real quick? This is I played a trick on Wilds yesterday and kind of boxed him in on saying that Baker would be better than Brady. But here's the point that I want to make here. Last year, the Tampa Bay Bucks ranked in the NFL in scoring twenty fifth in scoring. The only teams to score fewer points than them were Pittsburgh, the Rams maybe twenty six, the Titans, the Jets, Colts, Texans, Broncos. Do I think the Tampa Bay Bucks with Baker will average more points per game than they did with Tom I do because that team's offensive line was in shambles in a way, it won't be this year. They seem to be like Tom wouldn't take any hits. Tom was kind of checked out, it seems. So. Do I think they're gonna be really good? No? Do I think the offense could be better? I do? Next told you we're going fast?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 5: The MAVs are three and nine over their last twelve. Hold on, you gotta update it.
Speaker 3: They're four and nine now before over the last thirteen because they won an overtime last night against the Spurs.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did beats the Yeah, they beats Antonio. But Jason Kidd can't coach, and.
Speaker 5: Kyrie is already the Kyrie moves already looking like a failure. Wow, Kyrie messing up another team that you're super investing.
Speaker 3: Well, I wasn't super invested in the Nets except for the season tickets.
Speaker 5: But go ahead, Okay, how long until Luca comes on onto the pod to an Oults he wants out of Dallas?
Speaker 3: All right, what I tell you when they traded for Kyrie, this is the first domino in Luca leaving Dallas. I said that. Now, I didn't expect it instantly to go this poorly, but Kyrie's you know, missing games, Luca's hurt, they could miss the playoffs. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs. And because Luca is such a brilliant postseason performer second highest points per game in playoff is behind only Jordan, they're they're live once they get to the playoffs. But talk about a year from hell for a team that made the conference finals. They're in the midst of it. I can't defend my champion pick right now, Dallas Maps. I just can't. Let's move on. Told you we're going fast, Let's move on. I don't want to talk about Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, the Lakers have been on a tear without without Lebron until they lost to the Rockets last night.
Speaker 4: Has Rockets.
Speaker 5: But you still think they're gonna You still think that they're gonna carry him to the playoffs, right, well, I think.
Speaker 3: They're gonna make the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: On TV, you said Lebron will be extraordinary when he comes back from what appears to be a hyperbaric chamber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna show a picture. Yeah Lebron put that on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, uh, And then you said the Lakers are the most dangerous team in the West. Yeah, So my question is, did you lose your mind? Did you go into some type of hyperbolic chamber or hyperbaric chamber?
Speaker 3: Look at that. That's a cool picture. That's one of the reasons to watch on YouTube. So so here's the deal. Last night's loss is a disaster, and that is the cost of being overly cautious with Anthony Davis. I just want everyone to understand this. Had they won last night, first of all, they'd be five hundred for the first time. They would be five hundred for the first time all season.
Speaker 4: Did the Pelicans win?
Speaker 3: The Pelicans didn't play last night, but the but the MAVs did win, right, And so right now, the Lakers are thirty four and thirty six, which is the tenth seed. Had they won, they'd be tied for the seventh seat with Minnesota and Dallas, and they play Dallas tomorrow. The Warriors are thirty six and thirty four, the sixth seed. So instead of being a game back of the Warriors, and they have the tiebreaker with the Warriors, they're two games back. And they lost to a Rockets team that is the worst team in the West. It's just a disaster for them. There's no way around it, and they don't lose if Anthony Davis plays. With that said, and here's the other thing that'll say, they're like, oh, we want to be cautious with ad. The best thing you could give a d is a week off before the playoffs, which if you're not in the play in, he gets. But if you are in the play in, he's got to instantly play high intensity do or die games. So there's it's just a bad, bad loss that they didn't have to have. With that said, I do think they're super dangerous the way Anthony Davis is playing Lebron. Lebron earlier this year missed two weeks. Over the next thirty games, after he missed two weeks, he averaged thirty two, eight and six on fifty two percent shooting. Okay, him having a month off before the playoffs, you could see a brilliant version of Lebron, and the West is wide open. Phoenix should be the most dangerous team. But let me tell you what Phoenix has to be worried about right now. Right now, Phoenix is thirty seven and thirty two in the four seat. They're not catching Memphis or Sacramento. They're five losses behind, right, so the four is the best they can do. They're thirty seven and thirty two. The Clippers are thirty seven and thirty three at the five seats. So the circumstance of Durant coming back right before the playoffs and then instantly being thrown into a series with the Clippers and Kawhi guarding him, that's a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess it's not the playoffs.
Speaker 5: But Lebron did so Katie could do the same thing, came back average thirty two, eight and six or something.
Speaker 3: No, that's true, No, no, no, that's absolutely true. The difference was Lebron wasn't coming back to a team he'd never played with. True, so I'm talking, you know what I mean, like that three games with him, like the lack of continuity, all of that, and so I think Durant will play really well. But that's a that's a tough spot. Phoenix is finding themselves in. That's why I said the Lakers are the most dangerous. Dallas. I'm sorry, Well, Dallas is falling apart. Denver's lost four in a row. Memphis, now we do know Jo is coming back, but we'll see how that goes. Sacramento has no experience. The Clippers are scary, but Kawhi's a huge health concern, and russ can screw anything up. The Warriors can't win on the road.
Speaker 4: Like everything's lining up.
Speaker 3: Everything's like man, I told you fifty to one.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing as the Buccaneers path to the Super Bowl that you're explaining.
Speaker 3: Except Lebron's not playing poorly like Brady was and Anthony Davis is playing great. So I still believe the Lakers are super dangerous, but last night's loss was an abomination. They could have been five hundred, given themselves a little breathing room. They so now they're in this spot, like, let's just be very clear here. They're thirty four and thirty six. They have twelve games left to ensure they make the playoffs. They need to go seven and five. They go seven and five, they finish forty one and forty one. That will ensure they're at least in the play in. In my opinion, to ensure they don't have to be in the play in, I think they have to go nine and three. So what their schedule is the rest of the way they play the MAVs on Friday. Anthony Davis will play Let's see what Luke and Kyrie's status is. That's a must win. They play the Magic, that's a must win. They didn't play the Suns, No Durant, they didn't play the Thunder the Bulls in back to back games, the timber Wolves two weeks from Friday, which becomes a facto playoff game potentially because the Timberwls right now are one game up on them, and then they finished the year. They get the Rockets again and then a very tough final four Jazz, Clippers, Sons, Jazz. The other question for them will be are the Jazz at that point still trying to make the playoffs or the Jazz at that point trying to improve their draft position. That's gonna be a noteworthy thing. So that's where the Lakers are at. I didn't go quite as fast as I promised. We'll go very fast in the next segment, and I'm going to start the Sea block little tease forward, not the B block, which is next. I'm going to start the Sea block with some personal business that has to do with one of the members of this show. It's next.
Speaker 6: What's right, We're so done with New year, New you. This year is more you on Bumble. More of you shamelessly sending playlists, especially that one field with show tunes. More of you finding geminis because you know you always like them. More of you dating with intention because you know what you want and you know what we love that for you? Someone else will too be more you this year and find them on bumble.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in episode one thirty five. What's right with Nick? Right, demonse, Let's get right to.
Speaker 5: It all right, So March madness is starting in today, but gone in the days of magic and bird. Now players are going now, players are going one and done or going to other leagues, and so many elite players are coming from overseas.
Speaker 4: Is this a pole, dude?
Speaker 5: Neither of the top two picks. Everyone's talking about her in college? Make this one right?
Speaker 4: What would it take for you to care about college basketball again? Ronnie James?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean I'll be intrigued to watch him. Yeah, But no question here's that I as I College basketball is an undeniably inferior product to what it once was. There are many reasons for that. Market forces a lot of things, but it is hard to fix because you, and again you did. You had guys go straight from high school to pros. But that actually, to me was better for college basketball because then the best college basketball players you didn't think were just guaranteed to only be there one year. Guys that you know were, so you had more continuity amongst the teams, and most guys stayed two or three years. I don't know a fix. I'm not going to advocate if you go to college you gotta stay for three years like baseball is, or you're not eligible for the draft until three years after high school like football is. But Monsa, you have no recollection of this. Some of these college teams used to be awesome because.
Speaker 4: The college basketball at some.
Speaker 3: Point I understand, but but I mean even I'm talking about the like around the time you were born, and like the so you had teams that guys were good enough to go pro, but they just planned on staying at least two years, usually three. Leaving early was considered after three years, and so they had this continuity together. They played a like really smart, high level basketball, and that's just gone. And so to me, the pageantry is still there, the passion is still there, but just the level of play is not what it once was, and so, but you're not gonna be able to pay them enough as much as the NBA A and so I don't. Again, I'm not trying to back on the sport. I know a lot of people love it and March is unbelievable. I get all that, but I do think there are certain things where it's just like the golden era is past us and I ain't got to happen with college basketball, and so the it is. I do care about it, and I do watch it, but it's not appointment viewing for me until this time of the year. Now. The flip side is this, the NCAA Tournament is the best postseason tournament there is, and you maybe you make up for the lack of interest over the first five months four months of the year by how much intense interest there is at this point in the season. But barring a rule that I would rally against, which is guys have to stay a minimum of years, there is no going back. There's no turning back the clock on this, which is fine. Actually, do wonder if letting guys go straight from high school to pro would improve college basketball, because then guys who went to college maybe would only be going there if they wanted to be there. But I don't have a fix. I apologize for that.
Speaker 5: All right, Next, all right, today's game, we are playing Freak Out or Chill Out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh, free Falling Contenders Edition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Our first off, we've got Ja Morant was hit with an eight game suspension.
Speaker 3: Should be noted though it's retroactive, meaning it's not eight more games. It counts the ones he's missed. So he missed he's eligible to come back Monday, right, but they don't think he's gonna be back Monday. He's gonna take some time to ramp up.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, right, so he has two more games left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to imagine he just comes right back and everything's fine, especially what the other injuries Memphis is facing.
Speaker 4: Should the Grizzlies freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: I think they should chill up. I think that Listen, they're gonna be the two or the three seeds. I don't know how much it matters right now. I'm not sure how much they like they care if they're two or the three. They're not gonna get to one. They're not gonna fall to four, so they're gonna stay in that part of the bracket, and it will matter if you're the two or the three, depending on who you play. But we have no idea who's gonna be the six and seven, you know what I mean, Like, so there's no way to game it right now, like, oh, we'd rather be the three because we'll play this team because you don't know who's gonna be the six. You know who's gonna be the seven?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I mean freak out, I mean chill out in a basketball and standpoint, but what about like a go ahead, a Jah Morant standpoint.
Speaker 3: Listen. I think it's good he got treatment for whatever he was dealing with. I think it's I'm not comfortable speculating on what he was going through. I know there's a lot of rumors going around, but it would seem like it is not, you know, a quick fix, right. But do I think he'll still be an awesome basketball player? Yeah? Do I think it's gonna be an ongoing process for him to get right in whatever he was dealing with. Yes, I think this was his wake up call, though I hope.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel like I can see he's actively trying to get better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with that, and but I don't Again, I don't know what he's going through, so I don't know how like what the full process is. But I think the Grizzlies, as soon as he comes back, now the injuries do matter, are very dangerous team to come out of the West. They wouldn't be my pick, but they're a dangerous team.
Speaker 4: Next, what's going on with my Celtics.
Speaker 5: Man, They've lost the last five of the five of their last nine and Marcus Smart got into a fight with Trey Young on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the Celtics freak out or chill out.
Speaker 3: I'd freak out a bit because Philly looks so good. The Philly looks so good. And now the reason the Celtics should be concerned is the one seed was gonna is gonna matter so much in the East, not because of home court as much as because, again, sorry to be a broken record on this, there are three teams in the East that could win the title, Milwaukee, Boston, and Philly. The one seed only has to play one of them. The one seed in round two is gonna get Cleveland. Meanwhile, Boston and Philly, assuming Milwaukee's the one, are gonna play each other and then Milwaukee gets the winner of that, and Boston was in such a good position to be the one seed and then this swoon. Now they're tied in the lost column with Philly, so they I do think home court matters a bit in that if you fall to the three line, now Philly, you gotta beat Philly and Milwaukee, and you gotta go on the road to beat them both. But more importantly was he missed out on the one seed. So and I'll say this going into the year, it wouldn't have been my prediction, but the most optimistic people are like Jason Tatum could be League MVP this year. We could go into a series with the best player on the court. But now against Philly they'll have the best player, and against Milwaukee they'll have the best player. You know what I mean? Like you embiads better than Tatum right now? He just is. It doesn't have a playoff resume. And we know Yanna is the best player in the world by a mile, like what Yannis is done by a mile. Here's a fun Are the Bucks in the show? They're not, so let me talk about Yianni's just here for a moment. This could be good for social If the Bucks win the title this year, where do we put Giannis? Where do we update him on the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years?
Speaker 4: Just be a second one.
Speaker 3: Be a second one. So let's let's go through it from how I had it, lebron Kareem, Michael Magic. That's to me, like the again, this last fifty years, we're only Wilt Russell West Oscar out that's your mount rushmore those guys. To catch any of them is no one's gonna catch them while they're like, they're gonna need to be near the end of their career, you know what I mean. So set them aside. You then have another bucket. That next bucket is Duncan Kobe burd Okay. Yannis can't catch those guys right now either. Could he eventually catch them maybe, but not this year. Now we have another bucket, the eight through ten buckets, a keen shack step put a pin in that, and then the eleven through fourteen buckets. Doctor j Moses Durant. Yannis with the title this year, does he pass Durant In my opinion, yes, We'll have the same number of rings. Let's assume the same number of finals MVPs more regular season MVPs A defensive Player of the Year will have done, will have done. Kind of the bizarro Durant in this regard. Both of Durant's rings came with a team that was a championship level team before he got there and after he left. Right Jannas didn't have another Hall of Famer on his team, don't have one. Middleton is a really nice player and underrated player. H I agree with you. I think it is Drew and maybe Drew al if they win the title. Maybe Drew does make the Hall of Fame, but he's not like a perennial All Star. I think he passed Durrant. I think he passes Moses. I think he passes Doctor J and then Steph Shack a team. I don't think he passes a team. I don't think he yet passes Steph or Shack. But he's on their heels man, and that's what Yanni's has in front to gain in front of him. With the title this year, and I believe they win last year if Middleton doesn't get hurt. Now, they had a game six at home that too. Let me look up the exact numbers in that game. To Jason, Tatum's credit.
Speaker 4: Dropped like forty four or something.
Speaker 3: He was unbelievable. It wasn't fifty. But he went toe to toe with Yannis and beat him in a game six and seven. But that game six, Yanni's had forty four twenty and six in that game and Tatum had forty six nine and four, went toe to toe and beat him. And if this Bucks win that game, I believe they win the title because I don't think the Warriors had any answer for Giannis whatsoever. All right, next, are right?
Speaker 5: So far the Sun's betting on Katie's health has gone worse than you betting on the Jacks. Okay, but now there's a real chance they fall to the play in. Should the Suns freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: All right, there's no chance they fall to the play I disagree with that analysis there. The Suns have thirty two losses, the play in is at thirty five losses. I understand it's like, oh, it's only three losses different.
Speaker 4: Their remaining games.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the remaining games, and it's the fact that none of the play in teams. It's not like we expect the Timberwolves all of a sudden to go eight and two, you know what I mean? Like the those teams are around five hundred for a reason, I would freak out, though, I would freak out if I were the Suns because they are staring at a first round series against the Clippers, and I don't know that I trust the Clippers to be healthy for two months, but they can be healthy for the first two weeks to the playoffs next all.
Speaker 5: Right, seed the one seed Nuggets are a disaster on a four game losing streak, and yo, could just the MVP cases hanging on by a thread. Yeah, you're over there grinning, Mike Willan wonder allowed that the team has gotten soft, that didn't beat better?
Speaker 4: Looking pretty good?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Should the Nuggets freak out or chill out?
Speaker 3: All right, Let's talk about the MBI bet for a minute, because that's what I care about more. Right now, I'm trying to find it right now.
Speaker 4: Oh you're trying to see the changed Oh, I mean they've definitely changed.
Speaker 3: I know they've changed. So hold on NBA MVP updated odds as of this morning. Let me see if we have it. And I for some reason, I can't find it on Fox bet right now. But It was texted to me this morning. Our friends at Fox Bet for the first time have Joel Embiid as the MVP favorite. I got him. He's minus one oh five. I got him at plus three hundred on Monday minus one oh five for Joel emb to win the MVP. I got him at plus three hundred on Monday. Why a bet by me? Smart and I knew the odds were gonna change. I Embiid had another monster night last night, and yeah, the Nuggets should freak out and the Nuggets should really here's the problem for the Nuggets go ahead. I just feel like this is so uh.
Speaker 5: I feel like the difference between Monday and today making that bet would be so drastically different if Yo kicch hadn't won MVP last year. I think if this is his second year and everything was going the exact same way.
Speaker 3: Reason, Oh, that's no, there's no if Yo Kic. One of the reasons I bet Embiid was because he's finished second and back to that year and Jokic's not like there was enough momentum against Jokic was gonna have to be overwhelming in order to win it. A third tree year. Jokic had never won it, he'd still probably be the favorite. But now, all of a sudden, the Sixers have a better record than Denver. Milwaukee's got a better record than Denver. Boston's got a better record than Denver. So the o the best record in basketball. Oh, they've lost four in a row. All these things. But here's why the Nuggets should really freak out. I believe the six seven eight in the West is going to be in one order or another Golden State, Dallas and the Lakers. Who of those teams do the Nuggets want to face in Round one? One of them is gonna be the eighth. Who do they want to play?
Speaker 4: You said, Dallas, Lakers or in Golden Yeah, I own with the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I don't think. I don't think so. I think Anthony Davis and Lebron can torture Jokic. I don't. I don't think they want to play them at all.
Speaker 5: All right, next, all right, we already know your stance that the Warriors absolutely need to freak out. Yeah, but come on now, Steph trouts fifty and you still lose. Yeah, that's now nine straight losses on the road. Should the Warriors freak out or massively.
Speaker 3: They gotta freak out. Man, I gotta tell how many times are gonna say this? Step scored fifty points and you lost in a critical game.
Speaker 4: Did Raymond do a podcast the day before?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but Draymond uh did get a sixteenth tech, which means he's now suspended the next game at Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Can I just feel like you can't be this much of a How could you even like claim yourself to be a vet?
Speaker 4: Still out here getting technicals? It's like that.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, I don't mind technicals, I do mind suspensions right when your team is in you know, gotta get every game now, he says, since the suspensions getting rescinded, I disagree with that. All right, I'm not even gonna do the Patriots one wait. I said we're gonna go fast. We didn't go fast at all. Little personal business to address, and then your questions next in the final block of the show, very quick break, one minute break, right back to you guys, what's right? All right? Welcome back in episode one thirty five, What's when the Great? We'll get to your your questions at a moment. First, and No and Demonse probably anticipated that I was going to bring this up at some point. So shortly before Tuesday's show, I said, I was trying to, you know, coach Demons up and I said to him, I was like make sure I was like good, high energy. And Demonse very confidently, was like, you know, that's starting to get patronizing. I think I have good energy all the time. And as I know he noticed, I got briefly but violently angry, just steing in fury that A he he responded like that, but that b that he didn't recognize that well, okay, maybe you think you have great energy all the time, but the fact that I say it before every single show my mean that I think you should up it at times. And so I just said there, I was like, whatever, man, this this guy. I was really mad. I was really upset. Pro Oh that's right, that's right. Demonse after I set after, you could tell I was angry, and he was like, what did my responsible other of you? I was like, no, you're a pro whatever, man, you you do it, And so I was really I was just been kind of sitting in that for a couple of days. Now, what I want to dress whatever? So yesterday I'm on the phone with an executive. We'll call it that. Whether I have to with Fox or the podcast doesn't matter. I'm on the phone with an executive and the next few months of the podcast come up and about how Demonsea's getting ready moved to California. He's gonna be off the show for a bit, you know, his mom, his sister going to fill in for him. And this executive tells they were talking to an even higher up executive, and that person's only note was, all right, that all sounds good, but let's make sure we have a hard and fast plan to get Demonse back on the show. I really like seeing him on the show, and I got so angry. I was like, I was thinking about firing him for insubordination. And now my boss's boss's boss is like, all right, all that sounds good whatever Nick's plan is, but let's just make sure we know when Demanse's coming back on the show. I was so mad about it. So good job whatever. I guess your energy is effing perfect. Like whatever, man, you're impressing people. I guess it's really unbelievable. All right, now to the listener questions.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Uh, Caleb Gwynn, I'm gonna say this, like, Nick, if you think I'm watching the NCAA tournament over first things, First, you were flatly demonstrably wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, thank you so much, Caleb. I appreciate that. Uh, that's very kind of you. I'm you know what more people should say that? All right?
Speaker 5: Next, Dumitio Spence asks, Yo, Nick, how do you feel about vich letting all these guys go. I'm a little concerned. Still, I'm a little concerned. Still, trust the committee. Just a little concern, all right.
Speaker 3: Listen, the Chiefs got Juju Smith Schuster for one year three point eight million dollars. Now, he ended up making like eight million because he reached all of his incentives and they won the Super Bowl and all that stuff. But they got the contract he signed was one year less than four million. The Patriots just gave him three years thirty three million. Good for Juju. He's earned it. Yeah, But I'm okay with them not paying that much money for Juju. I'm okay with that. Orlando Brown, I like Orlando a lot. The Chiefs offered him six years, one hundred and thirty a year ago. Now a lot of that's funny money, and he turned it down and he just signed for four years sixty four with Cincinnati. Yesterday the Chiefs tried to resign him. I have a personal relationship with Orlando Brown. He helped the Chiefs win a Super Bowl. Great chief I wish him luck in Cincinnati. That's a business do that, I'm not I think the Chiefs. The Chiefs need one more tackle. Are they gonna get that because Andrew Wiley has gone as well, or Orlando Brown's gone and they signed Jawan Taylor? Are they gonna draft the tackle? Are they gonna try to trade for a tackle? Are they gonna sign a tackle or are they gonna move Juwan Taylor? They just signed to the left side and then sign Lucas Niang or I'm sorry, uh, you have Lucas Niang play right tackle? What's up the receiver situation. I'm gonna get to that. OK. I'm gonna get to that in a moment. The SO but that they have an obvious need at tackle unless they believe Lucas and Nan can play it. But I think the Chiefs run office has unequivocally earned the benefit of the Dell. Now the wide receiver situation, let's talk about SO Mark Wesvoldez Scantling is still under contract. He's a fine number three. They spent a second round pick on sky Moore. He didn't do much last year, and then he had an awesome AFC Championship game in Super Bowl AFC. Now they weren't It wasn't a ton of plays. It was the punt return and then the touchdown his first touch under the season game in the Super Bowl. You hope that leads to a good offseason. Kadarius Tony is their number one, and Kadarius Tony is under contract, and when he's healthy, which has been his big bugaboo, he's excellent, really excellent. I also think there is a chance. I know they are considering Odell, but I think there's a chance they trade for DeAndre hop he's available. He has yet to be traded for. I So I don't think they are going to go into the season with this being the wide receiver for Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then that thing that you talked about, how like.
Speaker 5: Mahomes went in the second Super Bowl in the last four years, and how teams want to go like when guys are on their way out or if they're really hungry for a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Correct gravitate towards mahomes.
Speaker 3: Correct, and so now that to me is less. That mindset doesn't help you that much with wide receivers in my opinion, because wide receivers a young man's game, right, That helps you more with like situational pass rusher, you know what I mean, Like those types of spots. But in general, I think they'll be able to get some bargains, all right.
Speaker 5: Next truth Bear says Yannasa had too many bad years to start his career to become top ten all time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I flatly disagree with that. So keep in mind Jannis came into the league at nineteen. Okay, by twenty two he's an All Star, averaging twenty three a game. The from age twenty three on this is now, so that's five seasons including this one, he is averaging twenty nine to twelve and six on fifty five percent his even with the slow start to his career, His career averages are twenty three, ten and five and going up. You then add to it that Jannis, despite the slow start to his career, is already a four time about to be five time first team All NBA, two times second team All NBA, and has won two league MVPs, and a Defensive Player of the Year could win another MBP this year. I disagree. Like the Bird didn't come into the league until he was twenty three, Giannis was an MVP candidate by then. He just so. His career averages are gonna be depressed a bit by the fact that his first year in the league he averaged seven points a game. But he's gonna have plenty of time. He's only twenty, is he. I don't know if he's turned twenty nine yet. He's let me see, he's uh, yeah, he's twenty eight years old. Doesn't turn twenty nine until next season? All right? Next?
Speaker 4: Uh Chico forty two?
Speaker 5: Ass Is this the first time we've seen Nick without wearing Jordan's on this show?
Speaker 3: No, I've worn Lebron's on the show. Yeah, I've worn uh this brand of tennis shoes a few times on the I've worn as Yeah, No, that's not true. All right. Next, mister GKV.
Speaker 4: Demonsay is going to colost to Herd. Remember where you heard it first?
Speaker 3: Okay, the that's a bridge too far for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't do that to me.
Speaker 3: Man, You don't think three hours in front of the microphone on the herd.
Speaker 4: I think McIntyre has got it.
Speaker 3: He does, mcantire does have. But he did a good job co hosting or hosting the other day.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that guy wants to take a vacation.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's pump the brakes. All right, first things first. In three and a half hours, enjoy the NCAA tournament. Good show today, talk to you guys later. What's right,