Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Every day a week ago.
Speaker 1: Click your ass up the Breakfast Club, finish for y'all.
Speaker 2: Done morning, Everybody's d j Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. You got a special guests in the belting.
Speaker 1: One of the most slept on comedians generations. One of the most slept on comedians of our generation. Don l Rowlins agree, Donelle.
Speaker 3: How you feeling?
Speaker 2: How you feeling?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling good. I feel like I just got this product and it works. Wonders. It's supposed to remove negative energy. I don't know positive, but it's a polanto spray and it works wonders for people that.
Speaker 2: But how are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: How's your son? I've seen you on the river. I've seen you really enjoying life. Man.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. Really yeah, and it got even worse than you. Uh recommended a therapist for me to go see.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you started going to you started going to therapy.
Speaker 3: And uh he gave me horrible advice.
Speaker 1: What was the advice.
Speaker 3: It was a situation with me dealing with like baby mama drama, Okay, And I say, sometime I get to a point where I'm just frustrated. I don't know what to do. And then he said, what would you do, and what would you do if you were doing a comedy show right and you wasn't the audience wasn't engaged, what would you do? I said, well, I've had that situation where I had to fall back, regroup, speak a little slower, you know what I'm saying, to start all over. And he said, why don't you do that in your relationship? And I tried that and it still didn't work. So thank you for giving me the worst therapists in the world, tost.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying what happened when you tried it? Why didn't it work?
Speaker 3: It just it just it just didn't work. I think we I don't know, it just didn't work.
Speaker 4: I saw you post your son's birthday though, and it seemed like y'all are.
Speaker 1: But that's the son that's not the mother of this child with her.
Speaker 4: So I figured all the co parents and stuff was going well, it.
Speaker 3: Is going well. It's a tough thing, I tell you, for anybody to do co parents, it's tough, especially when you you still may have some emotions of all whatever. But I will say this, I dated this SMOs No, can we can we have rules? Can we have rules of engagement? What do you mean, like you're gonna have to raise your hand, You're gonna do something different? All right? The way you communicate, I don't really like it. And I was trying to explain. I dated this girl some years ago, right, and she got separate. She was separate her parents' divorce when she was young. Right. And I also I used to always see.
Speaker 2: Well, he said, raise his hand when you had a question, but still.
Speaker 3: Gotta let me finish. You have to let me finish. It's just about the mother of your child or another one. It's about what I wanted to be about.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yes, let just ask all.
Speaker 2: Hairs together, guys.
Speaker 3: So I used to see, uh, the women I used to date, her parents were still together. They would do Thanksgiving, they would do dinners and do all this type stuff. And I used to say, they must be smashing, no way that they're that connected to each other. But as I got older or I had this situation in my life, I was like, nah, they were just trying to give or create the best family situation as a co parent that could do. So that's what I do, and I imply it in my life and we do do a good job.
Speaker 2: You know, So you don't have emotions, is what his question was.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I mean I wouldn't like you. I don't think she still likes me. But what has emotions?
Speaker 2: Because you said this emotion is you said that, that's what you said.
Speaker 5: You said it can be he said, it can be hard when emotion.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for the clarity.
Speaker 1: You still have emotions. She still has emotions.
Speaker 3: Nobody has emotions. We are raising a beautiful uh young man. And I mean this one thing I say about my co parents situation. A lot of times when mom and dad are not together like that, it's it's separate. It's like my mother, my father, you know what I'm saying. But my son, whenever he talks, he speaks to speaks on us as a family, still live as parents. It's not like I'm going to my mother house or my father house. So we're doing a good job with that. And Austin's beautifulkid.
Speaker 1: Do you regret at anything?
Speaker 2: But do you regret anything in that situation relationship because you said before that you were the one that messed up.
Speaker 3: Correct, I didn't say, I was want to mess it up.
Speaker 1: I can see that though, we can see you being the one.
Speaker 3: What were you saying?
Speaker 6: So when you go on stage, do you talk about you know, your past relationship or your co parents and relationship with your son's mother on stage?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, has she ever heard about that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she like it.
Speaker 3: No, no, it was I'm gonna tell you if she knows me, my life is gonna go on stage, right, she understands that. But sometimes when people get in your head, you know what I'm saying, Like what she throw was the funny jokes. One of her girls come, huh, I don't believe he did that, and he gassedlight and all that stuff. We had that situation. But you know, I mean, you dated a comedian. That's what's gonna be. My life is gonna be on stage. But I'm always I never would do or say anything to put her in a bad light or anything, because at the end of the day, she gave me the biggest gift for my life. So I'm forever grateful for that. And I even say, you know, it's a certain it's a certain amount for someone to have your kid, it's a certain amount of love. I think you're gonna always have that. Does that mean getting back together or rekilling anything? It doesn't, but it's a certain amount of love and respect I always have. The next question, did you.
Speaker 2: Ever ask, like how it affects herm when you go on stage and talk about it, because that could bring trauma?
Speaker 3: Did you ever like, I don't know, No, I don't, I don't. I can't. Man if I said you care, so if I care, but I don't care because.
Speaker 4: That didn't come out of therapy.
Speaker 1: That was that was disgusting.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're calling yourself?
Speaker 3: And my brother said the games don't really like you the way you think they do. When you said that, you know that's what he said. When you said, he said get over yourself.
Speaker 1: When you said dating a narcissist, speaking of not being able to get over yourself. When you talk about dating a narciss do you think that's triggering for the mother of your child.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that you don't know who the narcissist is. You clearly how you know that's.
Speaker 1: Mean because of what you just said, because she didn't sign up for.
Speaker 2: That part of it.
Speaker 3: All right, what we're gonna do is we're gonna have to slow down, all right, there's just too much going on right now. All right, we're gonna slow down.
Speaker 1: So either way it's triggering because whether or not she had to date you the narcissist, or you're calling her a narciss that is gas like.
Speaker 3: It's up to this, up to the interpretation of who thinks. I don't know who to the narciss I don't know what the narcisses really is. All I know every time I use it, it come up in my algorithms. The minute we argue about something, it's always and the narcissist woman would do this. I don't know what the fucking narcissist is. I just think it's it's a word that you use to sell books and make my money. On the side, I feel from her because you just talk you are the narcissists.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know you've always been raw and unfiltered as being too real ever cost you opportunities in this industry and in your personal life.
Speaker 3: Great question has been no, because I am who I am. I don't act like on anybody else. And then with me, it's what you like version of you. I don't really care about what people like. If I'm presenting myself the best way I can, and I'm putting it out there like I want to. I can't care about people like I can't let to. I can't let uh. I can't let people control what I'm doing on stage or off stage. Yes, yeah, do you think you know? You so?
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know, I'm just in here observing. I just you know, it's been a while observing observing?
Speaker 1: What do you see?
Speaker 3: What is observing or observe?
Speaker 7: I think he's having a hard time tracking because you know as he gets up there.
Speaker 3: To what is wow?
Speaker 2: Get up?
Speaker 3: What does get up there mean?
Speaker 4: Up on the chair where you sat down at?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What question do you think that? You know you lost your edge now that you change you play pickleballs?
Speaker 3: Do white things gives you? Do white ship? Nigga? You was riding bikes with biker shorts on. So you did that for your shoes and going to the thing we were doing that. You know, the shoes that you put inside the pen, the bike shoes.
Speaker 2: I lost a little bit, that's my asking.
Speaker 3: And you put that ship in the garage. You got your photo of you probably got a sponsorship for that. He was like okay, on to the next. That's what you did, sir. But I don't lose, no edge, I don't lose No.
Speaker 1: You did that.
Speaker 5: I saw you did the Chris Brown challenge.
Speaker 3: My friend Givanta Robbers right there. That's my TikTok. That's my TikTok. That's my TikTok.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 5: You did better than I thought you. Man, you killed it.
Speaker 1: You ain't losing no.
Speaker 3: I uh, I was horrible.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: I wasn't not bad, but I wasn't. I mean, I thought it was fun and it was like it's a lot to I mean, the only I did that part right, I did this part right, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 3: The only part I had was I had that. I did that. I did that, and then I did this part right here, and then I did that, and then I did that. Then I did that, and and that was it. That was and then I came back. I did a roll by that then mix it up.
Speaker 2: We were thinking about you earlier, thinking about something that Charlamagne and I were talking about that you know, since we got to this age is very enjoyable. Have you ever thought about getting a bedet?
Speaker 3: No? Why I just don't. No, that's not my thing. That's the gateway, the gateway to clean. That's a gateway to that's a gateway to your lifestyle, clean what it is. You wouldn't be who you are right now if you didn't for your first blue day. First of all, I'm not here for all you Have you.
Speaker 1: Ever been gave? Have you ever been gave? For? Adet? Oh?
Speaker 2: You have gifts?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry. This unfortunate. It's not a thing for it's not a just right here. It's because I've had and there's nothing no slight on the ladies in here. But I've had a history with these guys for so many years, and you.
Speaker 4: Came up here with gifts for them people.
Speaker 5: We didn't earn our gifts yet.
Speaker 1: That's your question for open this box. Ask your question, told, Well, that's your question. As a black comedian, how do you balance being funny with being a cultural truth How do what? How do you balance being funny with being a cultural truth teller?
Speaker 3: As a black comedian, how do you balance I don't understand that question.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? How do you balance being funny and also being a cultural truth teller?
Speaker 3: I'm a truth teller. That happens to inject human with that. So I'm always gonna tell the truth, and if that truth happens to be funny, that's what it is. I don't really go looking for a joke. I just try to recreate life and situations that that I come in contact with and I'm putting on the stage. So my people always say, Donelle, that joke that you told, was that the truth. I don't lie on stage anything. I say, it's really what happened in my life. So that's that. If that answers your question, what is this?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: It's a gift.
Speaker 4: So we can see what I have a question.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you're a sensitive comedian?
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 2: Because usually comedians being able to take a joke and give a joke, but sometimes I feel like, wow, oh.
Speaker 3: Get a close up, get a close up, Yo, get a close up look, get it close up.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 3: My greatest moments.
Speaker 7: That is sorry, I appreciate, now understand what me and J just don't.
Speaker 1: Have the time.
Speaker 3: I do apologize.
Speaker 1: Pink the pink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got kill Evans out of Baltimore, guy side of Baltimore.
Speaker 1: He did thoughtful gift, but look at it but.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It wasn't supposed to be thoughtful, supposed to I just wanted I want to try to see.
Speaker 2: It's my birthday and I'm gonna I'm gonna wear them this weekend.
Speaker 1: These aren't even the same pictures on both of them. That's crazy. This is amazing, this is very thought Thank you for thinking.
Speaker 4: I thought I saw Diddy on out side of it.
Speaker 2: We would do.
Speaker 1: D he would be on his because he sat between Diddy's legs.
Speaker 3: I didn't slip between. I slipped.
Speaker 1: I slipped in the of what oil.
Speaker 3: No I was. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna revisit that.
Speaker 2: That's all. I'm not going to the juice. I thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 3: That was Yes, I'm gonna always be insulting to you guys.
Speaker 2: I loved it, actually, mm hmmmm.
Speaker 5: Don't know how frustrating is it?
Speaker 6: Right when people are not taking you serious because you're a comedian.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because I really for what we do. I don't really want people to take me serious. I want them to find me to be funny. You know what I'm saying. People take you to that that's not your question, that.
Speaker 1: Your hand, no that's not true. You like to be taken serious that you actually get very frustrated when people don't take you serious. What makes you think I get frustrated because you told me that, when you told me that, when you yelled at me over the phone, and I didn't realize that you were playing. I thought we were playing, and then you were like, no, you don't ever take me serious.
Speaker 3: And that's that. That's a horrible impression interview.
Speaker 2: Like every other.
Speaker 3: No, it's a It's a gift and a curse if you want to say, you know, because it's times you want people to understand that you're serious. But at the end of the day, it's a comedian. I don't want people to take me that serious. I want people to, you know, think I'm funny and laugh at laugh at the jokes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but in times when you are really serious, you know, like when you were talking about your dad, you know, and.
Speaker 3: You're trying to you're trying to trigger something, I'm not. I just want I just said the timing. Sometimes and there's times that I have moments and I was having a moment that went viral and you laughed and you laughed, and I thought that was very insensitive what we laugh at when I.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying. When he had grew up?
Speaker 2: He remember who's laughing at?
Speaker 3: Not laughing? I said, I said, I remember when I had I was trying to explain a part of my life. And I think that was very insensitive.
Speaker 1: But that's only because we laughed before you got to the part about your uncle.
Speaker 3: What about it was about it was about da dad uncle.
Speaker 1: It was that was the part about you know. I thought he laughed about your dad passing away another time. But the other part, when you were talking about being grown up.
Speaker 3: I said, when I grew up, I was trying to go back to a story of my childhood and it was relating to the relationship that I had with my son. And then when I was doing that, that's when y'all left. But I you know that, Uh, I've gotten past that brother, spend a lot.
Speaker 1: Of time with more than you. Who's your uncle.
Speaker 3: That First of all, my brother, who happened to be a part of the letter community, said that the gays don't like what is trade? Trade trade.
Speaker 4: He comes off as like not but but he said, but.
Speaker 3: He said, he said, you are not trade.
Speaker 1: Well, yes you're not.
Speaker 3: He said, you're not trade, and nobody is checking for you.
Speaker 1: Trade is a masculine, potentially straight identifying man who engages in same sex activity for various benefits like money, our companionship. So what I've been told is that I'm not trade. I'm actually a butch queen.
Speaker 5: He sounds very trading.
Speaker 3: Hello, whatever, So I have Charlamn here. He had a question for you, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Okay, good morning. No so you don't consider me trade? No? No, what about what about a butcher queen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Oh it's better, say absolutely.
Speaker 3: But what is a what is a what is a butcher queen? What the kids who called Charlamagne the y ends, the y Ends would call them, not the old ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know what down that would be a bear? Right?
Speaker 3: What be? That's every if he said what is he?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what to put the light skinned people. Ah, it's a whole different it's a whole different category because of your complexion. Yeah, well, I guess what did you say?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: What are the rule through I'm given him to you? Okay, I'm here to listen. What else you wanted you to? Just ask me what Charlamayn would not be trained? With butcher queen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Charlamagne on the top of bottom.
Speaker 1: I'm a PowerTOP. Clearly that would be me. I can see that, I can see me being flexible. Could you leave your brother, Alona, tell.
Speaker 6: Last thing, last thing his brother, I mean, tell your brother that he loves doing tricks on the budet.
Speaker 5: What is that, oh.
Speaker 3: Charter man loves doing tricks on the budet? What is that being prepared? Being well prepared? And I told him, I told him that. I told him that was getway the gateway, but the getaway the gate way. But thank you for giving me a little bit more acknowledge on who this motherfucker really is.
Speaker 1: Thank you any time?
Speaker 5: All right, take it easy.
Speaker 3: I tried to be nice to you. This is what I want to say. Why don't know, why don't you just shut the fuck up? How about that? Have you ever tried that?
Speaker 1: That's a question.
Speaker 3: Can you have your head shut the fuck up? Shut the fuck up to.
Speaker 1: Ask you a question about your son?
Speaker 3: That is not a good trans transition, That is not a good That was not a question.
Speaker 1: All right? What what if your son watches your career years from that? What's the lesson you want him to take?
Speaker 3: Away that his dad tried everything to make uh, to make people feel good about themselves. It's so funny because my son he knows what I do. This is so interesting. One day, it was over the summer. We were talking and I don't think he knows like some of the things I did, movies and stuff like that. So I was like, you know, I said, you know, daddy is dadd is somewhat of accomplished act or whatever. He was like yeah. So I just started showing him different things that I've done.
Speaker 2: What's the first thing you should accomplished?
Speaker 3: I showed her. I showed him a scene with me on as the wire. It was a saying when my character just got introduced. It was me in the back room with Lieutenant Daniels and I'm in there talking trash like yo, I would still this, I will still this, And I said, my name is Damien Price, but I mostly go by day day. And then on the other end he says, my name is Daniels, I mostly go by lieutenant. Right. So now I find out that it's a copy there, right. So I asked my son, I said, what do you see in that scene? He said, I see somebody that's about to get in trouble me, right, He said, Daddy, did you get arrested in that scene? I said, yeah, So I'm just thinking as an actor. I said, I want to show him the other scene. He said, I don't want to see that day. I said, you know, I'm an actor. I said, it's not real, it's make believe. He said, yeah, but I don't want to see my father getting locked up. And I you know, I never thought that he's separated. He's like, he knows I'm an actor whatever, but he's in no situation. He wanted to see me get locked up. And it made me think about my father, Like I used to actually go visit my father, you know, and where was he in Pete Louisbourge Louis in present? Yeah, and I remember, this is what you did to me. You see that. I'm traumatized. As soon as I say that, I remember, as soon as I said, this is what this nigga did to me. As soon as I say I remember, I felt something traumatized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you remember going to see your dad in jail? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I streak behind the glass and everything, and I thought that was normal. And that's why I don't understand how some guys put themself in a position where that would be how you fucking not raise your kids or be in that situation.
Speaker 1: That's why we gotta start shaming people that's in the street. I don't judge people for what they did during survival, but we do have to start climing people when they doing street stuff that can take them away from their family.
Speaker 3: My father was a perfect example that. My father was a heroine Kingspinn in DC some years ago, right, and he's been he was he passed away, sorry some time ago, right, but but close to the end of his life. Come to find out, he was still in the streets. He was still selling drugs, and he was selling drugs like he was in the seventies. The code words they was using, Yo, I'm at the place, how many nuggets do you need? Like thirty one hundred, I'm like, how the fund you When he passed, my dad was seventy two. Yeah, but he was Yeah, that's what I'm saying. But that's when when somebody say somebody's a born hustler, it's like, what would make you jeopardize your freedom? Relationship? Would you have your kids? Some people just built for the streets, and that was it was unfortunate. But I'm like, when do you stop?
Speaker 2: That relationship? Wasn't it wasn't a close relationship when.
Speaker 3: He passed it was no, we was. We were as close as you. I mean he most of my life. He was in prison, you know what I'm saying. So we didn't have I don't have anything bad to say about it. We just didn't have that type connection. But you know, I was a young boy growing up just like one. A relationship with his father didn't exist.
Speaker 2: I had to get him out because you are accomplished, you are doing well, to say, Dad, you ain't got to do this no more. You can just raise stay with me, raise your grandson. You stay with me, or push him out the streets or you was just my.
Speaker 3: Dad had too much pride to probably ask anybody for anything. You know.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy. We see you want to go down down now.
Speaker 1: But have you unpacked any of this in therapy because she's about to move on and not even care.
Speaker 7: About any No, no, no, it's in relation to what he's talking about his dad.
Speaker 1: Have you unpacked any of them? No?
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't unpacked it in therapy. I don't know if I need therapy for that. I just look at I look at my father, and I use that as an example of what I don't want to do with my son. That's why one of the things with my son, I always like, make memories, make memories. So I've instelled that in him, and then I just remember when I do things with him, when I take my son on the river, when I do trips and everything, it just reminds me of things I didn't do with my dad, and it makes me want to be more aggressively in my my I was like, even though me and Stephanie out together, like I'm like actively, like I'm involved with my son life. Anybody to follow me? They know that. Anybody know that know me? Know you want to hug right now, I don't want to hug.
Speaker 1: Did you let your son see your greatest role? Since you are an accomplished actor, did you let him see your greatest role ever?
Speaker 3: What you considered to be my greatest role ever?
Speaker 1: When you played uh, the Pizza Heights Guy Spider Man Part two, The Pizza Heights.
Speaker 3: That wasn't my greatest role, but it was for for for a kid to be a part of that.
Speaker 2: Probably see it.
Speaker 3: So it's, ah, what's the Spider Man nigga name man? Yeah, Toby, Like he's working for this piece of company, right, and every day he's delivering these pizzas. He's late. He's late, and then they tell him, they said, yo, if you if you, if you're late one more time, you're going to get fired for your job. So he's driving down the street, you know what I mean, he looked at the clock. He's gonna be late. So he gets off the bike, he goes in the alley and then he comes back as Spider Man with a pizza box and he's like, whoa, he stole that guy's pizzad I've always let me tell you, no, let me tell you something interesting story about that. When I got that role for a Spider Man, they do what you call audition, it's called reaction audition. Like they'll just give you a scenario. They'll just be like this, you're in the elevator, Spider Man comes in there. How are you gonna respond? You walking down the street, how are you gonna respond? They audition you and just see what your improv reaction is going to be. So when I before I got that roll, it was. That was some years ago. I was supposed to do Man on the Street for BT Awards, right, and at that time, from my generation of comments, it wasn't a lot of opportunities, so being a part of BT anything, it was a big deal. So I was excited that I was going to be this Man on the Street guy. The guy who was directing it, he wanted me. But the producers were still got you about it. So you know, we had talked, We had talked and up until Friday. That Friday we did a wardrobe. I had got a wardrobe fitting and all that, and I was supposed to go to work that Saturday morning for BT. I get a call at night and they said the producers wanted to go in a different direction. They was like the road that I thought I was gonna have the Man on the Street it just disappeared. And this was like not even I mean within twenty four hours. So I wasn't fucking with BT. I was like they'd be on some bullshit. I was upset about that. Then the next morning I get a call from my manager and he said, we got a call from the Spider Man team. They want you to come to work, right, and that was so crazy. And the crazy thing about it was where the location where I was supposed to do the BT situation. It was literally right around the corner from the Spider Man set. So I had to walk past the BT set and Niggas was looking at me like, did anybody tell me?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: I walked past, and Sam Rainy he came up to me. He said, Downhill your you're my favorite actor in New York. Well, you're the only actor I know in New York. And what they do is I didn't know what I was going to do. He's got a stick right here with an X on it, he said, he tells you the situation. He said, So, Donille, this is this is uh Toby right. He goes through the alley that he does like this to see your eyeline, he said, and he comes out as Spider Man. He said, what are you going to say? And I just said, whoa, He's told God's Pizza And that was then improval line and he kept and the rest of the day that's all he kept saying for the rest of that So it just worked. It was It's funny how one situation got shut down and it opened up because nobody would have remembered me doing a Man on the Street stuff for BT. But I go down to history being a part of that brand, and I had one line, but it.
Speaker 1: Was because of that one appearance in Spider Man two.
Speaker 3: I didn't get any cheeks from it, but I made my friend's kids very happy. Like one of my friends, it was a funny because you know, dad's always gonna try to be proud. My friend, Brooklyn Mike right the time. His daughter was young at the time, and he said, you know, uh, my daughter said, can daddy, can you introduce me to Spider Man? Can Donnelle introduced me to Spider Man? And of course he been a dad, he said, well, you know, I know Spider Man too, and his daughter looked at him and said, I know. But Donelle worked with Spider Man. So anytime I got to flex for kids or whatever like that. But I never got no.
Speaker 1: Absolutely any of these stories happen because there's one little line of Spider Man too.
Speaker 4: I believed adjacent you got.
Speaker 3: Nega Spider Man that what you know over that was I probably got about two three thousand dollars or even with the royalties and a no. I mean it constantly comes. But after a while. You know, it's not like crazy amount, but you get paid a little.
Speaker 2: Say.
Speaker 3: I'm just said, do you feel.
Speaker 1: That the industry rewards the comedians who take risk or the ones who play in safe.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's the industry that uh that that is the connection. It's the audience, you know, it's the audience. At the end of the day. All were trying to do is build a fan. We could be in film and TV all all we want, but real for real comedian. That's a real comedian. At the end of the day. Your biggest concern Can I put my name on the market and can people come and check me out telling jokes? So I don't get caught up in what the industry does. I'm a part of the industry, but I make a living without it. If I don't ever get another film or TV gave for the rest of my life the fact that I can make money telling the jokes, it's a win.
Speaker 1: So I look at like that you're telling jokes this weekend. Actually yeah at the stress factor.
Speaker 3: Yes, speak speaking of stress factory. I don't trust your face. I'm just say, it's just like you holding back. It's like your face is holding back some type of negativity. And the funny thing about it is that let's get let's get to the real Let's get to the real deal. Let's get to the Let's get to the real deal. This is not how you talk to me. Off off. You called me for advice? Do you not? Do you not? Do we have conversations? Do we have conversations? When you told me, you said, Donnie, I want to invest with money, you told me you you said you wanted to open up a gate club in South Coloinia.
Speaker 1: Comedy club.
Speaker 3: You know, you said the gay comedy You said, because the cocks. You said, the cocks are strong down you said, the Cox is popping down there in South Carolina. Yeah, to get whatever Cox is copped.
Speaker 1: And you club funny would be dope for a gay comedy club.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how to say this. Man. I'm sick of you. Man, I'm really sick of you.
Speaker 1: Would you like a biscuit?
Speaker 3: I don't want if what I'm telling you?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: No, I'm good. I'm good on that. You know know that got some skeep magic what you're doing. Nah, I'm good, I'm possible.
Speaker 2: Look, hey, sir, now you've been in the game for a long time. What keeps you motivated to still hit the stage? What motivates Donelle and what makes Donell laugh at this time?
Speaker 3: Bill's motivate me to go on stage? Yeah, but it just I really, after thirty plus years, I still enjoy what I do. You know what I'm saying. You got a couple of people to go to a show. It's speakle that need to laugh and the people that want to laugh. When I do a show and people come up to me and they're like, you know what, I was having a bad day, I lost my honor or something I didn't expect to go out. Everybody said, come out and enjoy yourself. And when I talk to those people and the like, you remove me from the things that I was dealing with, you know, for at least forty five minutes. That's what kind of gives me motivated to do it. And every year I try to evolve and get better. I really, really genuinely enjoy what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Are you chasing legacy or chasing checks?
Speaker 3: Don I'm not. I'm definitely always going to chase checks because that's what I do. But I don't know what my legacy will be. You never know you think people can, well, you don't never know people like this wheld we live in now, People gonna talk shit about anything. As much as you try to do the right thing, it's always going to be some negative energy. And as long as we try to not focus on that, we've.
Speaker 2: Been because you're quick to respond to negative energy, negative things said to you, and it seems like you're the person that continues to do it, which keeps the motion continuing.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me. It's the hardest thing. And it's easy for you to say you just don't give a fuck. It's hard not to give a fuck. So it really is. And to certain I'm getting a little stronger with that. But at some point you like, you comments, I shouldn't be in the comments, but you've reading the comments and everything. You're like, oh, this ship is popping, this feels good. Feel And then it's that one person that could throw you off, You know, one person you like, how don't why don't you feel like everybody else feel? But I realized social media is just a it's just a playground for people to be negative and nasty. You just realizing that today no, not today, no, not today. I'm just it's just it's a.
Speaker 1: Constant thing your therapists about why these comments bother you? Like, why everything gotta be about unpacking trigger triggering everything?
Speaker 3: I don't want to unpack. Why the fun is that? The new word? Is it?
Speaker 1: Comedian people?
Speaker 3: Do you get like when you do therapists? Do you get words of the day, like you have to use calm down? I'm not upset.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hold down? Yo? You do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: I don't want to? You do know that, you do know what you're doing, right, you do know what you're doing. You're fucking breathe.
Speaker 1: Regular people that do this to you. Other comedians.
Speaker 3: No, comedians don't fuck with me. No, don't. They don't. They don't like him.
Speaker 2: He means they don't like him. Commedians don't like him, He says, they won't.
Speaker 3: Say it to me. Yes, well no, when tell me us?
Speaker 1: I don't want to bring up old I don't want to rehashow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But what I'm saying is anybody can be boisterous online, but like face to face, it's a whole different story. And you get me an example of anybody that had an issue with me, had had brought it to my face.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it. I don't want to. I would love you don't want to. I don't want to talk about it. No, this is a good time for you to unpack.
Speaker 3: No, I won't believe it will well? Well, hold, you try to start some ship with nas J when you called me, you try to make it seem like I called it something like that, and I got nothing but respect for you.
Speaker 5: Tried to you try to start, You start in beef? What comedians?
Speaker 3: Now, unpack it?
Speaker 1: That's not what happened.
Speaker 5: What is he talking about? You started something between him and Jay?
Speaker 1: What's something? What's something you learned about yourself recently that surprised you?
Speaker 3: Nothing? I don't be learning it about myself. Nothing, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: But if you weren't a comedian, what would you be doing right now?
Speaker 3: I will probably be I wanted to be a car first. I wanted to be an architect, but I wasn't that nice and math, so I'll like, that's not gonna be a good thing. Then I would have probably been a carpenter. You'd be a chef. I yeah, I would have been. I would have been definitely something something blue collar, for sure. You don't think you've been a chef. I would have been a chef. I wouldn't have been a Sioux chef.
Speaker 5: Does somebody give carpenter Lauren?
Speaker 7: They just they got stories, They got a toolbox they walk around with they they come in your house.
Speaker 3: How blue collar get the most? You want to know who fo daughters in the community. Uh, I'm gonna tell you. Football coaches and handyman handy man. I know, Uh, football coaches and handyman football coach, especially in the inner city because there's so many fatherless kids out there. Coach Johnson is fucking all of the mothers just because they spend time to do kids.
Speaker 1: Coach that amazing. Yeah, I mean that's not a real name, but I just put it out there, Richard. What Johnson out there just fucking everyone? The others children?
Speaker 6: When you look at the state of comedy today, right, the climate of comedy, right, what pisses you off?
Speaker 5: And what makes you proud?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 3: Yes, nothing, nothing pisces me off. I used to not understand certain things, and I would just say that, for example, like I've been doing it for a very long time, people that haven't been doing as long as I have, like yourself, you came along, you had different tools to advance yourself. You know, It's like a lot of the older comments, well they're on social media whatever. But those are tools that exist, Those are tools that they they sharpen their toolbox to do that. But I do say with that, with all the success like some young comedies get, like like in the moment, I would really appreciate if people took the art form of stand up to be good at it and that just like, Okay, I got this fire, is a fame, whatever, people come to see me, but really give a fuck about being a dope stand up.
Speaker 1: Do you think social media comedians are watering down the art form.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't say watering down. It's comedy. It's evolving the definition. I remember some years ago I was talking to this girl and she was like this, I'm a comedian. I said, let me see some of the stuff. She said, I'm on YouTube, and she said if she started showing me some skills, I said, that's not a comedian. She said, yes, it is. Because when I think of the idea of commedian, I think of stand up and stand up. But if you really look at the definition of comedian, it says one who entertains an audience through humor. So what used to be the definition of a comedian, it has changed and it's evolved.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a comedy? Why wasn't What wasn't a comedy? By your logic, that makes no sense.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: And you said, she showed you sketches, and you said, this isn't comedy. No stand up?
Speaker 3: No, no, no no, Because when she said comedian, I was just thinking stand up comedian, you know what I'm saying, not thinking that just somebody making media. Yeah, it could be a sketch comedian, but that's say that.
Speaker 5: She just said she was a comedian. In his mind automatically reverted.
Speaker 3: It went to like stand up, but she's a comedic actor. Whatever you do.
Speaker 7: Those comedians you talk about get their stripes, then, like, what is it that they do, because not everybody that is online does stand up?
Speaker 3: Where do you get they stripe A lot of people. They first off, they want to know how they can get some more money. You know what I'm saying, It's like this, Okay, I got this fan base. You know what I'm saying. People follow me, they see me doing sketches, but I want to turn that into something else. So eventually it turns into you doing stand up because house if are you going to get the other check if you don't go go go perform? So it just it just turns into that, I have my hand up. Can I ask a question? I don't know what it is, but I just don't trust you, man, Just a question.
Speaker 2: I'm having a real commisation trusted you.
Speaker 1: You need to really impact that.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking.
Speaker 1: In this little career that you had.
Speaker 2: You know, you've done stand up, you've done skits, you've done comedy, you've done TV, you've done more than radio. Out of all the things that you did, what would you say is your biggest mistake that you've ever made that you think back and like that was wrong or I apologize.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what my biggest mistake was the first time I ever came on this show.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel that way?
Speaker 3: Because look at what this created, It's created monster. I gotta come up here, I gotta look at you. I gotta worry about unpacking ship with this nigga over here. And then wherever I go, people like, well you let would you like that? And I don't. That's probably the biggest mistake in my career was actually coming up here.
Speaker 4: Keep coming back.
Speaker 1: I got, first of all, we don't funk with you like that's that is such a false narrative.
Speaker 5: So why wouldy'allt him come up heref y'all don't funk with him?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I mean like, we don't funk with him. That nobody messages with donell Oh you think.
Speaker 3: You love I don't even I used to like you. I didn't notice, I wouldn't. I was, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's the thing.
Speaker 3: When I come in here, I don't know what they expect.
Speaker 4: Start well beyond measure chains.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice, thank you.
Speaker 4: He knows true fashion. You don't get a sweater.
Speaker 2: Another question, when you were in the Air Force, right and you were stationed in South Korea, what.
Speaker 3: Did you mean by that?
Speaker 5: What did you I like your sweater?
Speaker 4: It's what what did you What did you.
Speaker 2: Learn in South Korea that you still use in today's Trust?
Speaker 3: Trust nothing but button in this Chris. But what was what you say?
Speaker 1: What I said?
Speaker 2: When you were stationed in South Korea in the military, what did you learn there that you still use in today's business or in comedy.
Speaker 3: It was a phrase, and I'm saying in Korean, pog o mayo?
Speaker 5: What do that mean?
Speaker 3: How much for the pussy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Pogi o mayo?
Speaker 3: Pogi o mayo?
Speaker 2: So you bought vagina in Korea South Koreba.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't buy it, but I need Did you know that because it was a phrase, pog o mayo? You had to know that if you have to know that if you weren't buying them, Okay, all right. I was eighteen years old and I was over there station in their career. I was eighteen years old. I was on a remote base. A remote base means that for every for every one female, she has fifteen or twenty guys to choose from. And I wasn't in nobody top five, So I had to learn how to say pogi.
Speaker 7: On my other Your issues don't come from the breakfast club. They started back when you were over there, and you were, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: But I had a girlfriend over there. But is it true called yobo? It's called yo yobo? Is like a girlfriend for a year?
Speaker 8: Is it like?
Speaker 3: Is didn't have like a reglar lady? Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Boys?
Speaker 3: Is that I didn't traffick her. I was in the country.
Speaker 1: You leased the lady?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can lease some yobo.
Speaker 2: Was she fool lady?
Speaker 3: Yeah she was.
Speaker 4: She had to think about it.
Speaker 3: I have to think about everything on this show because I don't know the energy and where it's coming from. But yeah, I had a relation. I was in a relationship over I thought so for a year?
Speaker 4: You thought so?
Speaker 1: How much did you pay the Lisa?
Speaker 3: Did Miles matter?
Speaker 1: It's a great question, did miles matter? Was she a hole there and you didn't know?
Speaker 3: No, she was a whole. She was a yobo. What's that? That just your partner for a years, somebody to take care of you and make sure you're all right and make sure you get all the all all your needs taken care of. But she wasn't a lady boy, No, she wasn't a label. That's what I was asking.
Speaker 6: Do you have any favorite comedians these days? Like any any newcomers and you got any favorites the internet that you'd like to look at.
Speaker 3: One of my guys is here right now, Adrian Washington. He just had uh he did the bucket pull on kill Tony Show. I've been working with him for like a year. I think he was voted in Minneapolistes one time because we.
Speaker 1: We we we we loted out your podcast host, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Roberts one time. And he's been sitting here for forty minutes because.
Speaker 1: We know what we do. Ignore each other.
Speaker 3: No, it'll be the right time for it.
Speaker 1: Ignore each other.
Speaker 3: It's the collective. I started this new thing. I realized that I've been I've had a lot of influence in this business. I know a lot of people, and I said, you know, uh, I wanted to do something where I got a group of creatives that we come together, we have like creative retreats. Uh, we create content and we pretty much hit all types of areas in this business. And I was like, instead of it's not like I represent anybody, but you have a group of people and it's going to I'm going to start this thing. It's a raw edge collective where we come together as a crew. And if somebody's like, oh, we need somebody to chore choreograph this dance routine. But the first thing I'm thinking about is Javanta. You know, huh, why do you need choreographed dance routines? Yeah, I'm not saying for myself. I'm saying if somebody had a situation like that, I'm going to be a TikTok sensation.
Speaker 1: You'll see, you'll see.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: You said you influenced people. What have you influenced people stealing your stuff? If that's me?
Speaker 3: No, Like I've helped a lot of comics. I've helped a lot of comics get to certain levels.
Speaker 1: Why don't they give you credit?
Speaker 3: That's just part of the business. Well, I mean they don't.
Speaker 1: Get their credit. Like Dave gets his credit all the time, rockets credit all the time. People you know, like those guys get their credit. Why don't did Donnelle rolland get his credit? If you're helping people.
Speaker 3: Like this, it happens sometimes sometimes people say thank you, Uh times they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard that Kevin Harg gets his credit.
Speaker 4: Who have you helped?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 3: A lot of people know who who? Right? I do want to talk about it because then I don't want to talk.
Speaker 5: He helps me all the time. It gives me great advice.
Speaker 1: I call him.
Speaker 3: I had a group of years ago. I'm sorry, it's hard for me to stay focused.
Speaker 1: Just I'm sorry that raised their hands and saying help.
Speaker 6: That's all I'm saying, you just helped me, you know, just giving me inspiration and you know, mentoring me and things like that.
Speaker 5: Just great advice.
Speaker 3: I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Forget you're one of the best. You're one of the best stand up comedians that I really, I.
Speaker 3: Really, I really I appreciate you. And I said all the time, and I probably repeat myself. I remember years ago you had reached out to me in a DM and this was when you was first starting. The only thing you want to know is like what I need to do? And I didn't. I didn't give you. I don't think I gave you any advice I.
Speaker 1: Might have said.
Speaker 3: I think I might have said get on stage. I think I might say get on stage. Everything you're going to learn is going to be from them, from what you do as a performer. And it's interesting because I know people go at you or whatever, right, And the thing that fucks me up the most, like if you don't respect anything about you, respect your hustle. You know what I'm saying, Like people think it's easier. I know you get it all the time. Oh, because she got these followers, But those followers just don't come out of nowhere. They come from putting the work in. I've seen you. I seen you grow as a stand up when we just did that show where were we.
Speaker 5: Were when Californ Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was like, I was like, why don't they talk about this? You know what I'm saying. I've seen you captivate the audience, did the way you acted. You just had that orders in the palm you had, And I'm like, I know you get a lot of dumb ship, but I look at you like this is an example of somebody when you work hard as something and you put the work and you'll get the results. You know. So I always shout y'all, even not even when ship is happening, you know, I just call you like, yeah, I don't have any more questions. I don't think this went the way I wanted why.
Speaker 1: I was just just walked my attention of comment that somebody posted you were on kill Tony. I was yesterday with Rob Snyder, nice and me and.
Speaker 3: I went back.
Speaker 5: Made up everything made up.
Speaker 3: We know, I never had an issue with kill Tony.
Speaker 1: It was really bad for you on there.
Speaker 3: At one point it wasn't bad. It was you got booed and nigga, what are you talking about. I didn't get booed on kill Tony. I got on roads battlest get.
Speaker 1: You walked off and kill Tony.
Speaker 3: I removed my negative motherfucker situation that guy was. I didn't say I had a gout the walk the job, please stop.
Speaker 1: You walked off because the guy was killing you so bad. I did not want what happened? You read move that time. I'm sorry, Gavanta, what happened? I didn't come here, gavan to come to the mic.
Speaker 4: He crashed out?
Speaker 1: What what happened? Okay? So why did you want? If you need I just don't.
Speaker 8: I just don't want to come on here and act like I love you so much.
Speaker 3: You helped me as well. He's a great representation if you need help.
Speaker 1: And not last night, but the time before when he walked off.
Speaker 8: Well, he has a tendency to crash out.
Speaker 5: And so at that point was at the point he was already gone. He was already gone.
Speaker 2: Look at me and jests okay, he was they gone and he walked up.
Speaker 1: Happened at the last one, the last tape, because there's really negative comments that I'm about to read.
Speaker 8: Killed this last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he killed it, killed it was, there was nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: There's a comment that says, Donnelle Rawlings branded comedy is so bad to me, like watching a train wreck. Charlomagne is gonna have a field day tomorrow.
Speaker 5: D Esus, wow, jesus.
Speaker 3: But see, those are your type of people. They're negative. Nothing negative, You're they're negative. Those are your type.
Speaker 1: You love that nothing to do.
Speaker 3: You went through everything, you went through, every showed.
Speaker 4: Me this, and then all I did was your name and it was top of the I didn't even.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was type your name it on X and and it just was like probably like top three tweets.
Speaker 2: At least he didn't get booed. He didn't get booed. Again, that's the that's the moment stage. Okay, I don't like him them, Okay.
Speaker 3: The thing is I did kill Tony some years ago, yes five years ago actually, and I was on that stage for two and a half hours and I had something to do, and I told Tony, I'm not going to be here forever long time. It's a very very long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A sushi date.
Speaker 3: I just didn't have a sushi date. It was one of those sushi spots where it takes a year to get a reservation. They sit six or eight people. It's not like going to sushi Sombo Sushi stopped like to go. It was one of it. I don't even know the name of it. It's a speakeasy joint. I wish I would feel bad that it's It's one of the best places in Austin, Texas. I had to go. And what happened was they did a video where they showed me having going at with this comic. If you look at the video, you'll see it's one shot one comedian, it's another shot. So they edit.
Speaker 2: I know you explained the last time.
Speaker 1: You know. If you're explaining, you're losing. I just want you to know that. No, no, it does this comment right here says what do you say? It says somebody named allegedly Drew. I don't know who that is. You have to check. Mark said you were hilarious, but Donnelle Rawlings is the worst guest I've ever seen. Stereotypes are so real. That's what you said.
Speaker 3: But that But the thing is that base and I will say Tony has created a platform for people to get on. That's one of the biggest YouTube shows. Whatever but the people that watch that, they just like they just they are a lot of them. I say seventy five percent of people. They are trolls. They live for moments like that. They live to try to get on your skin, and they do every time.
Speaker 4: Does the troll will never get on your nurse. So it does. You said they do.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, but I'm getting better. Do you want to ignore it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I don't want to hug.
Speaker 5: Well, I love you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I want.
Speaker 6: You have shows a distress factory Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 5: Six shows.
Speaker 3: It's two shows Friday, two shows Saturday, and one show on something I do well in that club. I'm pretty sure it will sell out out.
Speaker 2: Before you became a BA talk about this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's Gary always fuck is y'all. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: Rapper came out, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah somewhere I'll give the so what fuck them all's? You sell your tickets away, You sell your tickets, and I will sell my tickets away. I sell my tickets like the next.
Speaker 1: Question, like the new fashion forward?
Speaker 3: My fashion never been backwards. Niggas, You don't want to need a stylist, nigga, do you ever look at the pictures at you?
Speaker 4: Do you ever look at youlas?
Speaker 1: I like the fashion forward done that.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, you dress like August I feed a boyfriend at the bottom, cool teacher.
Speaker 3: The fact that you have all these gay references just ready anything gay. You got a whole speech about that ship top bottom. You don't even say pause and pause situations, sir. That's how free you are with yourself. You would just let it go, and you are you were only they gotta know what un pause or pause.
Speaker 1: Do you think comedians are afraid to joke about sexuality because they're scared of how people will label them.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty yeah. One thousand. They are scared to talk about That's why you in touch with yourself. That's why when people call you and it's me it's fruity tooty or booty bandits, which I'll do, it don't affect you because you in touch with your sexuality, booty tot rudio, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Do you think black men in comedy get boxed into certain stereotypes about masculinity and sexuality more than others?
Speaker 3: One hundred. I believe, But I also believe that you know that people's way of thinking have evolved. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know, black men period are just for the most part, naturally homophobic, but now.
Speaker 1: We live not true. Don't generalize all black men like that. You just gave me props for being in touch with my sexuality, so don't label all black men as being homophobic.
Speaker 3: You're not a regular niggatos. So he does his eyebrows.
Speaker 1: No, I don't, Yes, you definitely do. You know what.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that you just naturally wake up, which I don't get mad.
Speaker 1: At me because you gotta feel your other than everyoneing.
Speaker 3: Wow, But I just think I just think the way people think it's totally different. Now at some point you gotta be like, who gives a fuck? You just keep it moving.
Speaker 1: What's the wid is assumption people have ever made about you and your sexuality and how did you handle it?
Speaker 3: I've never had no wild situations by my sex reality.
Speaker 2: That's a lie. Pictures somebody throld you, uh, somebody thought you a game before.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that could be.
Speaker 1: Where'd you find.
Speaker 3: I've been doing? I'm sorry, I've been knowing her for how long we've been doing? Your twenty something. Yeah, she was. She was working for this internet what's popp and what was the name of that show? Yeah, she was a host of it. She was very young. And how did we reconnect that to that?
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 6: At a comedy show and John Rawlins heckled your date figure.
Speaker 1: How you got Oh? So he was with an ugly dude with the comedy on the hollow when somebody did that? Did you?
Speaker 5: And then Javansa got to.
Speaker 3: Talk to her. I hope so career, no, no, let me explain something.
Speaker 5: She was a s no effort. Key, can you sit the.
Speaker 3: Just sit on the couch for a second.
Speaker 1: Do you remember you remember some of your moves?
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's let's give her own Mike, show.
Speaker 1: Me one move that move over a missy move withra move. You got to sit over there, yes, Javana Roberts right, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, back that's down there for joining us.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is this is what I'm saying, this is the legend. I'm not patrick to back then, I'm not this can I just want to be clear. This is part of the collective giving people opportunities and microphone I.
Speaker 1: Know you called it about her.
Speaker 8: Tackling me at the at the.
Speaker 3: First of all, Wait, no, no, no, let me no, no, let me say. A lot of people I wanted to say, I'm saying part of the collective, like you said, of course you invited her to the mic. I invited her to the show. That's how the collect.
Speaker 1: Didn't even introduce her when you walked because the reason why I didn't go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, good mantas.
Speaker 8: You know what a part of a part of what people don't see about Donnell. He's so altruistic.
Speaker 2: He's so giving.
Speaker 3: No, he's giving.
Speaker 8: He's done so much behind the scenes, and we don't really get to see that part of him.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate so much.
Speaker 8: Over the last fifteen years or so, I've learned so much about work ethic. He's like one of the hardest, hardest working comedians I know.
Speaker 1: And said, he said, he said.
Speaker 2: He was what altruistic?
Speaker 1: That means showing a disinterest and selfless concern for the well being of others.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, he's selfish.
Speaker 1: I'm selfish. Okay.
Speaker 8: Ok he's giving like he'll give he selfless, he'll give the last like the last thread of the last thing. Okay, So I was yeah, I was on a date, and the day got nervous because after he was heckling the day, I had mentioned that I wanted to do stand up to what do you say to the date? He was like, you know, how did you how did you get her? Like how did you end up with her? And he's like, oh, she wanted to stand up. So then Donald brought me on the stage, but he didn't remember that I'd already interviewed him. So cut to I got on a stage. I killed it, Remember I killed it? And then and then I would go I was about eighteen, and I would go to Dona's house and I take notes and I was just like legitimately trying to be a stand up, but I was also dancing with missy Ella and Shakira and that was not very demanding. So I couldn't balance the stand up life and my career.
Speaker 3: As as a as a dancer.
Speaker 2: Here's stage on stage And then I did yeah, and he was actually there.
Speaker 4: I was dancing with the dream too, and he was the warm up.
Speaker 3: She was stand up. She did this is she says, this is this is a story. She did stand up right, And I told her, I said, whatever you do don't go up there talk about being pretty beautiful or any of that. I said. The reason why, I said, you look better at most of people that come to the show, and women are so fucked up they will hate you for cut to She did exactly what I told her not to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: She said something. I was like this, right, and then she came up to me at the end of the show. She was like this, she said. She said, this was only second time. I say. She said, what do you do when they're not lasting? I said, if you are going to cry about this situation, I advised you to quit stand up right now. And that was the last show.
Speaker 5: She okay, but that was great advice though.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I liked the fact that she was curious about it and she did it, and she tried. She had the little notepad and she was doing the thing. But you know, it's a certain like to for to have if you want to say some success and then all of a sudden it's different. Some people can't handle it, and that's when you get stronger when you go act and you challenge yourself with this person.
Speaker 1: Stress factory this week.
Speaker 3: No, she she'll probably be hanging out.
Speaker 8: But now I'm on Beating Black on Netflix and then that's my show. I just booked a series regular, so that'll be coming.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you, like I've been knowing her for the longest time, one of my closest friend. I consider her to bring my daughter.
Speaker 1: Around. Yeah, anything, when did this happen? You look at it, if you.
Speaker 3: Look back at the history of my podcast whatever, she was one of my first cot we've had relationship with. The thing that I really appreciate about her and everybody has ups and downs in their career, right She's been through it. She has some highs and some lows. But the thing I respect the most she never she never stops, you know what I'm saying. Even when life is fucked up, and life can be fucked up, she never stopped. That's why I said. I told her, I said, I'm going to be as supportive as possible. You know. We went to the Caribbean of Caribbean Music Musical Wards the other day and it was something she really wanted to go. We went, we went, We had a good time. But that is like my whole idea of what the collective is. Just if you're in a position where you could look out for somebody or throw somebody a bone, or give them a platform and the shine. I think you're supposed to.
Speaker 5: Do it, and I think and you have a life outside of here.
Speaker 6: So although you never said anything, we didn't know about her, we know about her now because she's with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not a long time, never seen.
Speaker 2: And we appreciate you for joining.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, so much.
Speaker 2: Appreciate was great.
Speaker 3: Thank you because is.
Speaker 5: The show right now.
Speaker 1: I do have one more question from mister Wrongins. At this stage in your career, do you feel like you've gotten everything you deserve or are you still fighting for your flowers.
Speaker 3: I'm not fighting for my flowers, because whatever flowers is going to happen, it's already it's already laid it's already laid out. I'm not fighting for anything. I'm not I'm not fighting for for any more fame or any of that. I just like the path that I'm on. I like the fact that I've been doing it over thirty some years. I still can pull an audience. I'm still funny. You got some people that come in and go, I'm still still standing. I'm still one of the you know dopest comics out there that you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody really gave it somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate you to donw thank you for us this morning.
Speaker 1: Give you a flower.
Speaker 2: That's my guy and I don't even mentioned them one time because because we.
Speaker 1: Didn't, we.
Speaker 3: Said, we know what we did.
Speaker 2: These beautiful sneakers that you gave us.
Speaker 5: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: Look that's that's.
Speaker 2: Look at this one crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh my, you got your daughters on there. That's cute.
Speaker 2: That's not my daughters. That's me and Sean me.
Speaker 1: Oh s.
Speaker 3: Bust the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: It's down own rollings.
Speaker 2: Ladies, gentlemen, hold up every day.
Speaker 1: A wake, wake your glass up the breakfast club. You're finish for y'all done