Speaker 1: That people higher up know that people are so vain and a lot of people and this is not going to be a popular statement.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry, guys. But all the people that didn't want.
Speaker 1: To take the vaccine shot, they're like, I know, you guys just want to be skinny.
Speaker 3: You might, you might, you don't care abou getting You run the resk of getting sick, but you won't do you won't run the rest of gaining way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like there's always like some little hidden something in these drugs that they're like making fads and then I'm skeptical.
Speaker 3: So I'm cool. Hi, welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Mela and I'm Erikita, and we're here in Los Angeles, California, recording to you Live on a Wednesday. Woo who is it? Oh? Yeah, yeah, drink that coffee a little quicker, drink my body cut, drink your booty cut. Good morning, you guys. It's morning in LA and Erica hasn't drinken enough coffee yet, so she's still warming up.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 3: She might malfunction.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna malfunction.
Speaker 3: Don't put that on me. I'm just kidding you guys. It is birthing bad Birthing.
Speaker 1: August and bad Ass Birthing on Oh excuse me, Badass Birthing August. You know, we have to have course words and everything that we do. And this month's podcast is sponsored by honeypot And if you don't know what, Honeypotted is a wellness brand focused on female health intimacy products. It's black owned, it's woman owned. You've seen them in Target, you've seen.
Speaker 3: Them everywhere all over the place, and.
Speaker 1: We're really honored for them to be supporting us in our community. They're giving our tribe twenty five percent off their entire site all month, so make sure you click the link in our episode description or use GMBC twenty three at check out and check out all their amazing products. They just launched their Pleasure Ritual line, which is all about creating rituals around your personal intimate pleasure, kind of like your skincare routine, but for your pussy.
Speaker 3: So we love that. Gotta have a good wellness all around three sixty wellness and you got a bleed, so you might as well buy from a black woman.
Speaker 2: Amen. Also, we are going.
Speaker 3: Back on tour.
Speaker 1: And we announced our first date, which is of course in our fucking city, Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: And I just realized it's October twenty first, so it's nine days before Halloween, and you know we have some Halloween queen ass bitches. More importantly, it's four days before my birthday. That more importantly, so just come celebrate with you, girl, come to Erica's birthday probb to my birthday party. I'm going to dress up. You should dress up to.
Speaker 1: The theme is Confessions of a Good Mom, So get ready to confess your secrets.
Speaker 3: If you haven't been to a good Mom show, you're in for a fucking treat. We are some very high production ass bitches, so the show and the party will be in full motherfucking effect, especially because it's my wife's birthday and it's in our home city. So pull up and click the link in this description and click the link in this episode description and buy a ticket. She's malfunctioning. Did you drink you need coffee?
Speaker 2: Did you drink No?
Speaker 3: I don't drink coffee. That's a lie. Don't do me good. Then I really don't drink coffee. I take like one sip of yours. Do you want some? We have one set. Ah, that's all I need. Anyway, my love, how are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm great. I am in the process of taking my braids out. Guys, So you are a woman that has braids that you know that it is a process. So what is happening under this hat is a whole thing. If you're on YouTube. I wasn't gonna take my hat off just to like normalize myself by normalize this. I want to be aspirational today and I'm not going to embarrass myself on YouTube today. So under here there's something, But here there is just braids. But you can see I cut them because they're really long.
Speaker 3: Do you get like, are you more? I was thinking about this because your braids were half I was like, oh, she's going for it. Because there is a long, heavy period where we were getting like full hairstyles on the show on the episode because we don't have time, and I was like, whoa, Like we were really didn't give a fuck. And also like, now, because it's been five years in do you feel sometimes like you have second like that. I don't know what the word is, not secondhand embarrassment. I know that's not it, but like, do you do you now feel more conscious about things that you've said or like that that you do now, Like whend you get your hair braided on camera? Now, even though you can just look it up on our YouTube, it's not a secret.
Speaker 2: Would I get my hair braided? It would be harder.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I don't, I don't think. I don't have embarrassment about that.
Speaker 3: No, No, not really?
Speaker 1: Fine, fuck it, fine, you guys get if you're on YouTube, you see it.
Speaker 3: I'm not embarrassed. It's like look beautiful, like songing the Hedgehog. It's like party on the front. Braids on the bottom might be a look, guys, I don't know, you might be bringing something back, maybe like if I do like a like you had like a side you guys, if you haven't subscribed, here are YouTube. Now's the time Erica is bringing a braid a braid hawk. No, it's like a.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I do with Iri is like because it takes a long time. We take her braids out, I do the top and then I do no, I'll do two puffs up here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and then I'll let her.
Speaker 1: Go to camp for like three days because I need a break. And then I'll finish the rest. But yeah, I don't know. My man is coming if I'm out of town today, and he is going to get the real real because this is what's happening here.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna sit there and help me take the shit out.
Speaker 3: Because if he doesn't, then he doesn't love me. That's definitely a boyfriend requirement. Must help take out braids, children and wife.
Speaker 1: Well know, so though, I think that answers your question. I don't have secondhand embarrassment.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful or beautiful. I'm just a normal gal. It's just a Norman gown taking my hair braids. So my braids for five days?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great? Yeah, I'm good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like your blues. This is the blue skirt at the blue accent top and the blue bindy.
Speaker 3: Look. I wear the bracelet you got me. Oh cute.
Speaker 2: I gotta find mine.
Speaker 3: She got me a bracelet says ride or die because we're best friends, bff's forever we die.
Speaker 2: We're we gonna have a death pack. We talked about our pregnancy packed.
Speaker 3: What does a death pack to mean? I mean, that's that's the goal. Wrote, We're all gonna die together. She goes, I go too, Are you ready for Lando? We're all dying today. Oh my god. Yesterday you pulled off while Orlando was still looking out of the car, and this morning he's like, you and your partner, it's your real wife. You guys are trying to kill me. I was like, yep, you put me on the insurance and now we need you. We need you.
Speaker 2: We've been kahoots are Lendo?
Speaker 3: Didn't you know? It was always in my place? She's mine, use him for his audio skills, and then kill them. I still need to know. Fuck No, I felt really bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh God, like this poor man, you fucking tore his acl or whatever the fuck he toured over there playing basketball, which, by the way, I just want to say for the men listening, or for the wives or the girlfriends who have partners that play athletic sports in their.
Speaker 3: Old age and they're not they're older age, not in the NBA specifically, I just I can't you guys gotta just know your body. You gotta know your strengths.
Speaker 1: You gotta know where you're at, you gotta know how to land, you gotta know how that maybe like basketball isn't your sport anymore, and that you are not an NBA player and that you cannot be in your everyday life injured.
Speaker 3: You got to weigh out the liabilities.
Speaker 1: And if Orlando was limping for like three months, and I was very concerned, and I kept saying, do you need to go to the hospital the doctor, He was like no, no, And I was like, okay, well, I really hope that, like, you didn't actually tear your acl because you probably would need surgery.
Speaker 3: May he healed himself? He did. I just I was concerned though, because when I saw that swelling, I was like, oh no, I don't know. I'm convinced that And now he's milliking it so we can ask him for less things.
Speaker 1: And then and then I further did injury by almost running over him yesterday or not running over him. So I learned that lesson early though, because I when after I had IRI, I was trying to get back into sports for some reason, and so I joined inter mural soccer team and because I A little fun fact about me is that I played club soccer for ten years and I was pretty good, and I started smoking.
Speaker 3: Weed in the night. My all my soccer dreams went out the window.
Speaker 1: In high school, I said, fuck this, I'm not waking up a five am to work out before class and after class and go to fucking club soccer. No, anyway, I joined the intermural soccer team, and I think our first game I pulled my groin.
Speaker 3: I could just see your adult ass and effect with.
Speaker 1: My shint guards and shit. And then the second game I twisted my ankle and then I was like, I'm out. I'm done, Like I'm not gonna be injured. I can't take care of my newborn baby and have a pulled groin and a fucking sprained ankle. So that was my early lesson of like, no your limits. Know that you are a retired athlete and those dreams are done. Go to the gym, bitch, like regular folks go to the workout class.
Speaker 3: Just like trying to hit a split or you know, I mean I can still hit a split, the bitch can still have. You need to stretch first, you do, I do, like, don't get too like drunk and excited and try to drop it to your knees and come like you'll get rudely awakened. I mean, or like the next day it will like you'll be fine because you're like tequila it out and then the next month and you're like, oh no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Well, even like the trampoline in my backyard, like I think about maybe like ten years ago, maybe like maybe more than that, but I would have no fear about doing like just flip right right, even a backflip. I'd be like, fuck it, let's do it now. I think that my brain won't even allow me to go.
Speaker 3: Even when I'm jumping with Luna and you know, like sometimes if one person lands in the wrong time and it sucks up your back or your knees, I'm like, girl, I can't fuck around like that. No I can't. I can't because I won't be fucking around really be hurt, really like, I can't.
Speaker 1: I had one back injury and that was the worst shit ever. It's like, if your back is out, your whole shit is fuck, your whole.
Speaker 3: Life is out. So wow, we need to do more stretching realities of aging. I know, I was just looking at myself on the camera and I was like, They're like older, what the fuck I do? Because I am the fact.
Speaker 1: Well, if you look at our podcast from the beginning till now we've aged a little bit. What I mean, we're still look beautiful, but I see the differences in ways. The other day I was in the mirror and I was like, like, just this a little bit, just like right there, like just look at this, see that and look at that.
Speaker 3: Shut up, okay, just a little if you canna see how Erica is pulling the fucking corners of I.
Speaker 1: Know that like when I'm an old lady like this, I'm gonna have these laugh lines like this is just part of my face.
Speaker 3: But like if I just like lift it up and then like some la As shit, that's what everybody does in la just or you know when they take the pictures. Have you seen those, there's like a thread that you put in Oh yeah, I know somebody did it. Oh I don't even get it. How are you putting thread in your face?
Speaker 1: It's inside, I know, but it's like these like little sutures and then they like but it eventually it dissolves, dissolves and your face relaxes.
Speaker 3: But those first few days you look like the cat lady. But it's like a it's like a like you don't have it's like a local like you don't even have to be out to get the string. It's like a local anesthesia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is like it's the same suitors they use for like surgery, and they dissolve and you're they just dissolve and then apparently like they create collagen in your skin.
Speaker 3: But I'm cool. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Kim Kardashian lately and she like at first I'd be like, oh my god, she's so much money. She has the secrets to youth, she has all these lasers and all these facials. And now I'm thinking, like she might have overdone it, like she might have her skin might be like pissed because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: She's starting to look like.
Speaker 1: Her mom and she's still beautiful, beautiful woman, but she's aging. And you can't fight the aging. I kind of have to just like go with it.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to. You're not supposed to. It's like going against God, Like you're not supposed to fight the things that just are. It's like a part of your experience in this lifetime. I feel, and I just feel like we're constantly and I'm all about like confidence and feeling the best that you can. But like aging is inevitable. Everybody has to do it. You age, hopefully and then you die. You hopefully you don't do it in the other directions. So it's like something to kind of celebrate, but we fear it, probably because we're living shallow ass, fucking la and America.
Speaker 1: I think if you start, I think what I know, because this is what's happening to me, and I gotta stop it. Once you start noticing your aging, you start obsessing about it. I think you start aging faster. So you have to just like leave it alone. Because Yeah, I've been looking in the mirror and I'm like, wow, look can I have lines around my eyes?
Speaker 2: I never had those?
Speaker 3: People, Yeah, that's why I see these right here. Anyway, we're still anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyways, there's any MED spies that want to give us anything, any discounts.
Speaker 3: Hit me up at watch Erica.
Speaker 1: I'll post it. Maybe I can't gear Intael, I'll post it. Maybe I'll talking about on the podcast. I don't want to put my business out there like that. I don't need people thinking, you know, they need to know think I'm just naturally beautiful.
Speaker 3: I want a vampire facial. You know what? Right now? This is this is the part of the show where we just do like shameless begs. Okay, attention everyone. If you know Ricky Lake, tell her to hit us Erica ericabauddu however, call also, I would like a vampire facial.
Speaker 1: If this bitch doesn't get a vampire facial. Do you know that I've been hearing about this vampire facial? I think this is like before we started the podcast, like why did I get.
Speaker 3: That free for birthday? I fucked up? That should have been the gift. I would like four to six sessions of a vampire facial. So, if you are a medical esthetician and you are listening to this and you're in the LA area, I'll come to you and I'll post it. Yes, i will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not invasive, it's not would you post getting like if you got your lipston would you post it?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't get my lips done, I know, but if you did, Yeah, I'm not going about to get him and act like nobody fucking notices you can't scroll down? You got some fillers? Would you post it for free?
Speaker 2: If you got some free I don't.
Speaker 3: Want fillers, Okay, I'm just oh, I mean, it's hypothetical. Anything that I would do. I would post it just simply for the simple fact that it's free. It's free. And also I'm not going to pretend like I'm like, oh, I woke up like this from yesterday, Like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well do you think it's you think it's dangerous to promote these type of things?
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: You know, we got hit up in our email about some company that wanted us to promote on the podcast again, and it's that Ozembic Go Wavy company or whatever the fuck it is, the you know, the shit that everyone can't do it now, I already said no, but I said no, well no, I told you didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, at first I was like, well, I asked them, like can I try it? Can I say no? They never responded and willing to go against our ethics so she can get skinny.
Speaker 1: And then I and then, you know, I have a few friends that have done it, and like some of and so I was like, I don't know, like how long do you have to take this shit?
Speaker 3: Like forever? Is it?
Speaker 1: Like take it for a few months, you get to your body weight, and then you just maintain that shit. But my friend who did it, because I was really curious about it, and actually someone on her retreat did it and she almost fucking died.
Speaker 3: She told me about that. Oh yeah, I just remember she overdosed on ozembic by accident. I was asking her.
Speaker 1: I was like, so, what's like, what is the what are the side effects? Like, do you know what happens long term? It's like, well, no one knows what happens long term. I was like okay, and she's like yeah, but you know, it's kind of like when you have a baby, Like you don't like those first few months are like the worst months of your life, but then like when you get to the other side of it, you kind of forget it and then you have this cute baby. That's kind of what happens. Like I'm skinny now, so I'm happy and it's great. And I was like, so, what were the dark times like what? And she said, well, it's everything they said, like extreme constipation, stomach aches, sometimes you throw up. I was like what, I was like, and so how long do you have to take this? And you have to self administer this shot, which I'm already not good with needles. I can't even imagine like having to put a needle in my leg or anything, and she's like, well, you take.
Speaker 3: It for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: I was like, this sounds this sounds like like the people higher up know that people are so vain and a lot of people and this is not going to be a popular statement.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: But all the people that didn't want to take the vaccine shot, they're like, I know, you guys just want to be skinny.
Speaker 3: You might, you might, you don't care about getting you run the rest of getting sick, but you won't do is you won't run the rest of gaining way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like there's always like some little hidden something in these drugs that they're like making fads and then I'm skeptical.
Speaker 2: So I'm cool.
Speaker 1: I'm cool, and I don't want to be responsible for advertising on our show fucking ozembic or whatever the fuck it's called, and someone being fucked up out here.
Speaker 3: So I am just like you gotta love we gotta love us at every in every stage of the game, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not always going to be like it's not always gonna be the part like how you ideally see yourself, but that's a part of the loving, you know, like that's part of the care. It's like I'm not all like I'm fine as hell, but I'm not fine as hell every day. Like sometimes I break out, sometimes I don't do my hair, whatever the fuck. But like that's the reality. Like nobody's fucking fine three sixty five. And it's also like chasing the beast, like like fucking Danielle said from Marriage and Martinis. It's like she's always she's always chasing something and like the finish line is always like keeps moving, you know, and it's just like fuck it. Just let me be happy right now, you know, because it's much easier because Massie already told us that it might fuck up your cellular makeup and you can't go back on that. And food's already bad enough, I know.
Speaker 1: I went to dinner with Massy last night and we went to Tai show and I watched her eat and she was so careful about what she she like, she like didn't eat any of that bullshit because she's, you know, she eats really really clean. And I was like, so what did she She She ate crispy tune rice and yellowtail mm hmmm. And I was like, I want to look like Massie, do I need to eat like? And then she told me that she would be down to I could be her project.
Speaker 3: I want to be her projects. I want to make me thick.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm when I get back, I'm going to be her project. You're her project, her project. I was like, madly make me her project, like clearly helped me maintain my fitness goals.
Speaker 3: Long term forever. She's so fine, she's so beautiful, so beautiful. M hmmm. So yeah, no, we're not. We're not endorsing ozothic. Love yourself as you are, just be healthy? Is that today's affirmation? Love yourself as you are, Love yourself as you are? Anyway? Because it's bad ass, bath ass, bath ass birthing. Take a bath as nigga, it's bad ass birthing. August and we wanted to talk about birthing ideas. And you know, we're are some creative ass bitches and we've birthed many, many ideas. They hadn't been labor as as fuck, but beautiful. So what do you have to say about birthing ideas?
Speaker 2: Erica? I would say that, what would I say now?
Speaker 1: I would say that, you know, for me, I've always had a lot of ideas. I've always been very creative. I've always you know, had ambition and big dreams for my creations.
Speaker 2: But I think my biggest hang up was perfection.
Speaker 1: And so I got in the way of my ideas and the creative process to completion because I felt like things were not perfect or I saw someone else release something or do something similar and I was like, oh, it's they did it, so I can't do it anymore. I think a lot of people get in their way in that way of like needing things to be exactly how they've envisioned in order to put something out. And I think even more so I realize that and me now in the space that we're in because we know we have our studio in LA and we're podcasters and we help other podcasters create podcasts, and I see the overthinking that happens in just in even these spaces and just like the perfection and like, I want to start my podcast, but I recorded five episodes and I hate them all and I deleted them and I'm like WHOA, Like why And I think that there's so much really like that's where the gift is is kind of in like the imperfection and the mess, and I think people just my I guess my word of advice is to just kind of fuck perfection and just put it out, put the project out. I think two people sometimes are embarrassed to share their ideas, and it's really important for you to have a space too. And that's why I think we've been able to do what we do, is because we've been able to bounce ideas off of each other and no matter.
Speaker 3: How silly stupid, like ridiculous they are.
Speaker 1: And you can't you can't ide eight by yourself, absolutely, but I think there's a lot of a lot of support in just putting it out, trying it out with other people, whatever it is, you know, whether that's like you have a jewelry line, gifting your friends some jewelry pieces, asking them how they feel about it.
Speaker 3: Like I think people are afraid of feedback. Yeah, if you're write sending a couple like I wrote this, what do you think you know? I was. We were in our discord recently and somebody was talking about like I'm gonna start like reading, like writing poetry again, and I was like, it's so crazy. I used to write poetry so much in like high school, like girl, I got so much emo poetry in every journal, and then like as an adult, it's like embarrassing even when you had like I know, I'm not supposed to speak this name, but Poe Tree Bay. It's just like there's certain things that in adulthood we become insecure and self conscious about that, Like we didn't have any like we didn't give a fuck when we were younger. But it's like it's in the words of Erica Bad, I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit. Yeah, and it's true. But like if no one sees it, it's not art. No one I mean that it's not art, but it's not. It's just your oh, your art for no one else to see, for no one else to consume and listen. I mean, I never thought that anyone.
Speaker 1: I never thought that just me sharing a story could transform someone's life or perception of themselves. You know, I'm just talking Sharon, Sharon, my shit, bad choices, right, you know what? The other day was my grandmother's birthday, and we took her to dinner and my my great aunt's husband, so my great uncle, he came, and I always loved talking to them because they're just like they've been married for fifty five years, they never had any kids.
Speaker 3: They travel all over the world.
Speaker 1: Like they just got back from Morocco and that's actually where he was born and spent like I think from birth till he was around nine years old there and for what I know of his career, like he worked in car sales and he was like a salesman. And then, like I remember, like a few Christmases ago, my aunt was like, uncle Art wrote a book, and I was like he did, and she was like, yeah, he wrote a book, like and she like was you know, she's such a proud wife, like passing it around and stuff, and I was like, that's so cool. I never got around to reading it, but it was about his life story because he was like, I've had like a really crazy life.
Speaker 3: So then we're at my.
Speaker 1: Grandma's dinner and we're sitting there and they're like, man, we just got back from Morocco. I haven't been there since like the late eighties, and before that, I hadn't been there since I was a young boy, and it was just an amazing trip.
Speaker 2: And then my aunt was like, he wrote a story about it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to read it, and she literally pulled out printed paper, like eight pages of this story that her husband wrote and was like, are you a quick reader? And I was like yeah, and I could tell he was like, Oh, you don't have to read it. I was like, I'm definitely gonna read it because it's printed like this was printed fresh and stapled in the corner, and b I wanted him to know that, I like, you know, I want I didn't want him to feel like embarrassed. And so I'm sitting there reading it, and you know, he's talking about his experience and like when he pulled up and how he was kind of disappointed because he's from Tangier and things have changed. And I guess like the booking agent that helped book their transportation got them like a free through in like a free four hour car drive where he could go anywhere he wanted for four hours. And so in those four hours, he wanted to go visit like all his old places that he used to go as a kid. And as he was going, like things had changed and some of the places hadn't changed at all, and the driver they were talking to the driver and the driver was like, yeah, you know, where are you guys from and they're like, we're from La California. He's like, oh, I have a I have a fiance in California, And so they're in his riding. He was like, yeah, we didn't ask any more questions because you know, you think about ninety day fiance, like you're like, you got a fiance in California, you're a driver in Tangier.
Speaker 3: What's happening.
Speaker 1: So he was like, we didn't ask many questions. But at the end of the story, you'll find out why. That was like a profound moment. So they go, they explore, and then they get back into the car and just backstory.
Speaker 3: My my aunt she's Mexican and obviously he's.
Speaker 2: Moroccan.
Speaker 1: And so at the end of the story, she they he says like, you know we got out of the car. Oh no, right before we got out of the car, he tells us more about his fiance and says, oh, you know, my fiance's she's Mexican and you know she lives in La And they leave the car and they're like reflecting on their day and my aunt says to him, huh, what do you think, Like, do you think like a.
Speaker 2: Guy from Morocco?
Speaker 1: And a Mexican girl from California could or a Mexican girl could have like a you know, a good relationship. And then they looked at each other and then they realized that's them. Yeah, And then I was like crying and I was like, I was like, this is so beautiful. But all that's to say was that he just went for it and he just wrote this beautiful story.
Speaker 3: He's eighty three.
Speaker 1: Years old or something, and you know, I just appreciated that he was He's still creating, and he's still writing these ideas and he knows that he has a gift too, you know. And now I know that he has a gift and why he wrote a book and all these things and why his wife is so proud of him. But I think a lot of times our ideas were always ideating with the with the expectation for them to be like to monetize that or something to be perfect, but also to monetize them to have a level of success or reverement from our peers or something. But sometimes you just create just to create, and that's enough, and that's where the joy comes. And eventually, if that's if you know, if you want to move forward and do something with that, then you can do that, but it really has to it's the ideas that come from the purest places are usually the most successful.
Speaker 3: I agree, And like, what an inspiring story even though it's like rather simple, but it's true, like we forget to just create for the sake of creation and like to share because I made it and you're my friend and I want you to like experience what I experienced through my perspective. And I think also like social media right, like we're comparing each other. We're comparing our like our lanes and our creations. And the truth is like my creation is my creation and your creation is yours, and that's just that it's not gonna they're not comparable, even if they're in the same realm. And yeah, I think I think I'm going to create more just to create and even just like for us and our business SiZ because there's many it's like we did start this place from such like a pure fuck it like let's just talk ass play in the dining room ass thing, and like it did it built something so beautiful And sometimes I get overwhelmed in this stage of our businesses because there's there's so much at stake and it requires so much of us, and I'm like, we're going, and we're going, and now it's now it's about business. It's about money, and I mean it's about our joy and it's about our people, but also about those things because bitches need to live. But it's just like I forget that we need to just draw all the way back and like just be two bitches chilling in the dine, spilling our guts out, because like those are the places where we've birth our most pure aspirations in our dreams, just from pure like playfulness, the playfulness of imagination, you know, like let's do this, you know. And then as you and it's it's unfortunate that there's like this as you gain success and visibility and not I mean not for all things, but I just feel like there's more on the line and there's there's more people looking at you. And then then you feel like, you know, like a a need to maintain this level of perfectionism. And of course, like we're creative ast bitches, and we put out high level shit, but I like, I never want the creative, fun, playful part of our business to die because we're so busy, like going going going, Oh, you're busy thinking about how is this going to make me money? Right, because like that's that's not how we got here, thinking about it's gonna make us money? Is it going to make us money? Is this on is this on brand? Is this on trend? And you know, like as an algorithm against us, why can this bitch show her side? Titty? And we can't? It's true And I think too, like being able to.
Speaker 1: I guess get feedback has been really important. And obviously having a podcast is a little bit different because you have listeners that can give you feedback and stuff. And but either way, like it's been encouraging for us to keep moving forward. Is the feedback is even the even the negative feedback because it allows it has allowed us to really like really think about like, is this is this?
Speaker 2: Is this the do I stand on this message? Is this what I believe?
Speaker 3: Yes? It is?
Speaker 1: And I think that we can't be afraid of the feedback. And there's so much growth when you kind of move uh, like what's the word I'm looking for? Like, I guess kind of don't take everything so personal because I know that, yes, I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit. But there's when you take everything so personal, you'd limit yourself. You limit the possibility of growth, and you also limit just being able to say, yeah, no, you may not like.
Speaker 3: It, but I do. Whatever you create is not going to be for everybody ever, you know, like only certain people are going to get it, and like sometimes it's just you, you know, and like who cares keep going? And sometimes it takes people like it's your vision, so no, it may not be someone else's vision. They're not going to understand it. And even just like sometimes me and Erica need a third or fourth or fifth opinion, Like I'm like, we need more ideas. Shout out to the drub chat, shout out to the tribe chat, Hey, what do you like this? Do you like that? But it's just like a part of humanity is connection and a part of us all each being individuals and having our own ideas and having to have like having the ability to have conversation. Literally our conversations spark ideas that potentially can change and shift entire nations, you know what I mean, Like we have to have conversations with each other in order to create, you know, create, All creation is in like is usually co created you were created with someone. You were born with your mom, she was you were made. They were made with your dad. And like, ideas come to fruition when we can bounce ideas off of each other and say, oh, that's what you believe, that's what I believe. Oh that's what you made. What can I make? I'm inspired now. Inspiration comes from simply talking it out, you know, like I do. I feel so grateful for this birth thing, all of this because we were crazy enough to like just have playful, wild, imaginative ideas and then you know, execute them and see how they like really looked in real life. And I think sometimes people are afraid even to have discussions with their closest friends. But like when I was in my twenties, we had a we had like a meeting once a week, me and my friends. It was like I forgot what the fuck it's called, Like I don't know. It was like a work meeting, but nobody was in work together, but it was like our dream meeting. And it was like, Okay, so this is what I want to manifest and I want to be a writer, and this is what I'm doing the steps, like it was a way for us all to kind of hold each other accountable and like a safe space to kind of share our dreams. Even though then I was waitressing a lot of us, you know, we're just in the interim, and I realized that a lot of those seeds that I planted then, you know, really you know, manifested now. But also that I was in a space where even in your twenties, like no one really knows what they're doing. So it feels a little you feel safer to express these like wild, big ideas. But as we get older, we have this idea that we're supposed to have it all figured out, so we're less and less likely to share our ideas, and it's so limiting. We'll all if we continue on that you know that path, no one will share their ideas. You'll go to the grave with them and they may very much not even grow because you didn't even get the in like the insight from a friend that may have had like could have taken it to the next level. Right. So it's just like as we get older, I even for myself, like I encourage us to continue to create because it's kind of like the fountain of youth. Right then we don't have to like this and all the pictures because we're creating. Look at Ericaba do fucking fine, and she's creating all the time. I know she's over there creating.
Speaker 1: She is, She's a birth of a thousand things, fucking pussy, perfume, incense, clothing lines.
Speaker 3: Weed, jewelry, weed, music.
Speaker 1: Like just she's she there's no limit into the ideas that she births. She's free in that way.
Speaker 3: It's like take the money out of it and create for the sake of your humanity, you know, create for the sake of the art, Create for the sake of Like it's an outlet to exercise that part of you, you know that needs to come out. It's like sexual energy. You know, a lot of like tantras understanding that sexual energy is more than just intercourse. You know, like there's there's it's life force energy. It literally creates things, and so it's tied to your creative energy. And so it's just like kind of like masturbation and being in tune with your sexuality is a part of that creation. So just you know, get masturbate and have more ideas. Yeah, is that the trip? Is that the life hack? That's the life hack. Masturbate have more ideas, be more creative with masturbation. I think also as a creator, I've realized that I.
Speaker 1: There's there are certain conditions in which I create better in you know, and that like I feel like there's this there's a space and a scene and a vibe that I'm always able to create in a more free.
Speaker 2: Way than other than other spaces in places I.
Speaker 1: Also have not I also am very aware where I get some of my best ideas, like what I'm doing when I get them, and it's it's corny because it's sounds you've heard it before.
Speaker 3: But I do.
Speaker 1: I get my ideas either like when I'm exercising or I'm in the shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that makes sense, or I'm driving. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like when my mind is like distract I don't know, Like when my mind is not distracted on like necessarily myself, it's like, I don't know, there's like a weird freedom like I have to I'm distracting myself sort of, but I'm it's allowing my mind to like kind of just wander.
Speaker 3: Like you're in motion, so your mind can kind of like focus on something, whereas if you're not in motion, it's you're focused on whatever else you're thinking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know that makes sense because even like writing our book, I really had to figure that out.
Speaker 3: I don't like, why the fuck can I not right? Like why is it so hard? Like what see?
Speaker 1: What scenario do I need in order to set the fuck down? We had a lot of center shit, but like staycations.
Speaker 3: Like do I need to try the pool? I need to be by the pool.
Speaker 2: I need to be in silence in my house. I need to light a candle.
Speaker 3: Is it amus?
Speaker 2: Is it nighttime that I need?
Speaker 3: Like like do I have sex and then go try to write? Or no sex? I need folks a little bit? No weed? No weed?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, need weed? Oh I that specific weed, not that weed.
Speaker 3: We're not that we. I fall asleep one puff, not three.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think as as creators, we that's also our duty is kind of understanding where we create the best, what what circumstances, what scenes we need in order to to create and like for me personally, aside from being in motion, and that's one of my ideas come through a I know I need to be not hungry. I need to be fed but.
Speaker 3: Not too fed, not too fed, and I fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I prefer working early in the morning. Like that's when I got a lot of my done. Is like I woke up early. It was like first thoughts. It's like those morning pages. Working at night, no, my brain is tired. I'm exhausted by then. Although I will get ideas sometimes at night, but should I be executing.
Speaker 3: Them at night?
Speaker 1: Probably not, so I think for the creators and the people that are out there, Like, I think that's something to really consider, is really thinking about where where do your best ideas come from? What are you doing when that's happening? Is it where's your mindset when that's happening? And then also like physically, where do you need to be?
Speaker 3: And those are really like real ass components because if your if your mind is not settled, if you're not at ease, Like sometimes I feel like I get my best I get my ideas at night, but also when I'm like maybe I've been stressed, then I'd like take a week, and I'm like take a week. Then I'm just like, oh, you know what, life is really good? You know, I'm like ah, versus like on this, like I need to make this idea to me, this money to do this like, what's this idea, what's gotta make me rich? It's like, bitch, nothing with that. With that, you know, get it out of me, tell me God. But if I'm just chilling and I'm relaxed and I'm not pressed, you know, and it's not dire, I'm not putting all this pressure on myself, then I'm like, huh, you know, I can flow. And I think that's like, you know, when there's music and there's vibes and I'm not, like, there's not a stress around whatever it is that I'm creating. And sometimes I think we're so stressed about it because we have We're putting so much pressure on this idea that it's hard for us. It's just like literally birthing a baby. If you are not in complete peace, you can't really fully get it out, like if you're worried about like if you're in like a setting that's not great, you can't like your body will shut down, you will not dilate, and you will not birth the idea if you are not in the right environment or in the right state of mind.
Speaker 1: I also, too, I noticed that I noticed that there's certain people that I hang out with and I leave and I.
Speaker 2: Have lot of ideas.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's a thing too. And I started to notice that like in my twenties, and I was like, I hung out with like this hippie lesbian couple and they were so like interesting to me, and we just talked about ideas. And she showed me this, like yeah, like a book she created, like for no reason, like a ten page book. And I just remember this, and after I left them, I felt high. I was like I like them like because also she shared her she shared her creation with me, and just like your uncle, it was like just for because and it inspired me to like just do more because and I done hung out with them one time. I never forgot them though ever. And it's just like you have to be real about vibrations and what vibrations you get from certain people, because there are certain people that will make you feel like creating. And that was the vibe of Erica and I even we didn't even know what that was. And when we started it started to like propel. But there are people that does make you feel like indifferent when you leave them or just like drained, and you can love them, but like they're energy is somewhere else. Those are not your creative people and so and sometimes those people are not people you're super close with yet maybe because you feel safe to share big ideas where somebody you know same with like a relationship, there's water under the bridge and they like you feel like they're judging you, or like they only know you as an accountant and now you want to be a painter, and so you know what I mean, They're like, what do you mean You're gonna paint, bitch? You know. So it's like even having friendships and circles with people that you feel comfortable creating with is super important.
Speaker 2: Do we need to creative creative retreat?
Speaker 3: I think we do?
Speaker 1: This kind of sounds like the like what we talk about when we do are retreats, which is you know, of those all coming alone so that you don't feel judged and you can really take off your mask and rebrand yourself in ways and.
Speaker 3: Be in an environment that it's kind of like catering to you and you can really just be, like, you create the best when you can just be when you're not like, you don't have to be anywhere to do shit. So I think I think we might need to create a creative retreat for I'm for like wealth and wellness, you know, like Brounce ideas off other people, chill the fuck out, don't have to go anywhere. Food is taken care of your fed check. That's a major one, you know, and like and it's really it's so useful to share your resources. And I heard Lisa Ray say this like years ago, and I find this stuck with me. And she was just like, people are so busy trying to network up, they don't network lateral. I heard that. I heard her say that, and it's like you never know who the creative people in your circle are and who, well, where they're going next, and how they can pull you up. And we've absolutely had friends and guests come on that have like told us so many secrets about podcasting helped us so much. Literally almost every person that we work with has been just by lateral networking. And people underestimate that because you think you're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, you don't know, let me ask someone who's I think is I think is more successful than you?
Speaker 3: Or like let's do a project together, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, so I do think that's a very good idea. My love maybe twenty twenty four. You guys, go to our newsletter on our beautiful website at Good Momsbad Choices dot com and join the Subscribe the newsletter list so you can be the first to hear when we birth our new creative wellness retreat wellness retreat for creatives. We haven't got the name yet, we're working on.
Speaker 1: We usually release stuff to our newsletter and our Discord community first, which is why we just sold out our Costa Rica retreat and we recently just launched new dates and I don't know, they might be sold out already, who knows, because people were really really ready to come, I think, really ready to come and.
Speaker 3: Rebrand themselves.
Speaker 1: So you know, if you have been thinking about coming on our retreat, you don't have the creative one set in stone yet because we just thought about it right this very moment.
Speaker 3: But give it four to sixth week and it'll come to fruition. But as usually our gestation period, once you birth together, the birth thing gets quicker like after like third and fourth birth.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: But if you do want to come to our Costa Rica retreat, we just announced new dates and those are July thirty first through the fifth and then July eighth through the six thirty thirteenth, thirteenth, Yeah, we know things. We do know things, and so click the link in this description. It's affordable, you can do it. You have over like less little under a year to pay for it and investing yourself and these kind of spaces are really important and there there are a huge reason why Mila and I have been able to create the things that we've created. We've kind of created our own little version of a retreat just in our friendship and the way that we work together and ID eight and there's a level of vulnerability that we're able to share with one another, which inevitably reflects into how we are able to share ideas and not really have any fear when it comes to our ideas. In fact, sometimes we're like, stop sharing ideas, please shut the fuck up. We haven't even finished the last idea.
Speaker 3: It could be overwhelming. So I've tried not to allow that to that overwhelmingness to come. But there do have to be scenarios in place, and I am like, we have kind of really figured it out. Just thinking about that trip we went to Palm Springs or we took mushrooms and there was no TV, and we just I don't know what the fuck we did there, but we had some ideas. But you know, like we've steadily gone on solo trips together, locked ourselves into property that has some backyard and maybe a jacuzi and we and that's it. We smoke weed and we talk because talking is what birth's the ideas, And yeah, I would really love to share that with our tribe and our people, because I do think it's like definitely a balance, a level of self care that comes with birthing ideas.
Speaker 1: For sure, I feel like it's necessary and it's kind of away. It's usually the afterthought. It's like, I'll do I'll self care myself after I've created the idea. After I feel like I've I deserve it. And it's like, why can't we do it all at once so that we can support and nurture ourselves so that we feel ready to birth these ideas.
Speaker 3: It's like what it's like. It's like choosing a healthy relationship and a healthy baby, Daddy, make the foundations strong before you birth the idea. I like that, you know, I like that?
Speaker 2: Man, what's today's taro?
Speaker 3: Is it Taro time? Is that the three of Wands, the three of wall I really wanted you to tell that you're a horry on Patreon. I don't know if you're ready to tell this one about the dentistry.
Speaker 2: The dentistry, how would you.
Speaker 3: Obay and the dentist that's not a horry, Yes it is. That was a nightmare. Okay, Well I can tell the horri it's not it's not sexual though. I mean, it's just a nightmare.
Speaker 2: So once upon a time, while Mila looks up to tarot Card.
Speaker 3: I need everyone to right into the show and tell us, like, at least at least every woman has dated one scammer. It's like you can't avoid it in your life. There's too many and they'll scam you and then you get better, but like you got like, please tell us we're not the only ones who dated scammers. Send your scamming stories. Send your best scammers story.
Speaker 1: Send your best scammer stories to Princess Parental Advisor. Oh yeah, or you can just call the hotline and confess your scammer story.
Speaker 3: Two one three zero seven four nine. It's very important that we come together on this. It's highly likely that they've scammed another woman because we discovered shortly at the retreat that he had also been scamming all over California. Apparently, Oh my goodness, that's my favorite horror story that you have. Anyway back to Tarot, time you would do it reversed. Sure. The three of wands reversed suggests that growth and expansion are available to you, but you are choosing to play it safe and stay within your comfort zone. As a result, you are becoming clos You're closing yourself off from new opportunity and limiting your potential. What's holding you back? M is time. It's time to spread your wings and fly. The three of wands reversed indicates that you have attempted to embark on your journey of personal development but did not accomplish your goals. Unexpected delays and creative blockages might have popped up on your path. What the fuck? There is disappointment, frustration, and a general feeling that you may have just wasted your time by even starting on this path. But you have not. But you might not realize, however, it is that these setbacks are an essential part of your life's journey and contribute to your personal evolution. Similarly, Similarly, the reverse three of Wand's can indicate that your plans might come to a grinding halt with unexpected delays and are other frustrating obstacles. You may need to wait on others to complete a task, or you have underestimated how much time the work involves when planning, and add buffer time so external problems don't adversely affect you. So you have to book our retreat.
Speaker 1: So basically, comebook r Creative Creative Retreat first and foremost, go on our website, Good Mom's Bad Choices, and join our newsletter. There's there's a little drop down tab and it asks why are you here? Click retreats so we can make sure that you guys get those retreat emails. Yeah, it sounds like this is this is what we need, It's what the people need. Yeah, yeah, I'm including me, including us because I mean, because even as I think, you know, we're not perfect creators. I think one of the things that we struggle with sometimes a strategy and so like even like at our own retreats, we gained so much from these things. And the whole reason we started the retreat was because it was something that we needed. And we'll be right there with you at the creative retreat, bitch learning. Okay, we won't find a strategist.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is, it's like creation takes wellness, but also once you create, it takes business stuff that we've just we're figuring the shit out. Not easy, but like and you know, like I really find joy in thinking that, Like we have the opportunity to exchange information that like bitches may not know. And you know, right now we're in like a business course from a friend that was mentored by this woman, and like this is and so many of our friends like shout out to Mandy, shout out to Jessica, shout out to all the friends we've ever had. That's like really shared things that have helped us, you know, fucking mindful fee Like so many people have put us on resources, people, apps, whatever it is. And you know, we all can pour into each other's cups so that we can all come up, you know, and mostly have fun and not laugh at each other when we write poetry and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start printing my poetryes and keep them in myth purse.
Speaker 3: Me too, I'm just gonna like, maybe, oh, I know, we can like make make little fonts and just pass into people in public. Okay, you know, like just like it's gonna be a social movement.
Speaker 1: So when I say when I when I show up to dinner one day and I say, hey, guys, I have the poem that I want you to.
Speaker 2: Read, I need you not laugh at me. I'm not no laughing, no laughing.
Speaker 3: I kind of work on not laughing when things are serious. I have a problem no laughing because and you better not laugh at my poetry.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna laugh. Okay, I'm going to cheer you one.
Speaker 3: This is a reminder to not laugh at your friends creations.
Speaker 1: Don't even though it's just a nervous laugh, but don't do that shit because you never know what that can like, that can shut somebody down.
Speaker 3: But also, like I realize I do that because I don't give myself the freedom to just write poetry and just I just automatically have that visceral response like oh you're writing poetry at thirty six, Okay you printed it out, Like what's wrong with me? Bicus? Some will love poetry, they do. So yeah, well, wow, this was really on point, this Taro. It was well, you guys, thank you for joining us for this. Another Wednesday with the Good Moms. We so appreciate you and we can't wait to see you in Los Angeles, California and August twenty first. August October twenty first, We're not ready yet, it must be in October. Come see us in La October twenty first at the Terragram Ballroom and check out our website for all of our upcoming retreats. And take care of yourself and follow us on Patreon so you can hear this funny ass fucking hoary that Eric this yeared ww dot Patreon backslash Good Mom's Bad Choices. We love you, and.
Speaker 2: Choose yourself today.
Speaker 3: Bye bye
Speaker 2: MHM