Speaker 1: Buena buena miha.
Speaker 2: What is this is Date my Aurilia. First, I am your host, Vico Ortiz, joined by our fabulous.
Speaker 3: Emphasis on the fabulous.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we know that the world is changing fast and every day there's new technologies and inventions and and apps, and it's all towards changing our lives.
Speaker 1: I mean, we even have.
Speaker 2: Some scary stories about things like AI. But if you're afraid of getting catfished or scammed on a dating website, you are in the right place because on Date my aurilid that first we only believe in one type of AI.
Speaker 1: Aill lead us.
Speaker 3: In two issues because let me tell you, if anyone has gotten catfished or scanted has been me. Yeah, those stories there, But have we done that trademark yet? We have? Haven't We We we have to. We have to and going with us and motives out there, we are ready to find Perla the best person possible.
Speaker 2: A little Bertie told us that our main data this week grew up watching Thelenvelah.
Speaker 1: No, did you watch them growing up? I'm assuming yes.
Speaker 3: Well we had to. They were on all the time. But theelenovelas come on, they're so dramatic, all the passions the drama the Latinos have.
Speaker 2: Are So wait, do you think that then novelas gave us like a warped idea of things like love and romance?
Speaker 3: Excolutely Yeah, I agree, it's just totally twisted.
Speaker 2: Yes, time to meet today's main dater, Bela. She is a content creator and freelance model who recently quit her job to pursue her passion, which is writing.
Speaker 4: Or her films.
Speaker 2: Ak Berla told us it's been quite a long time since she's filled a crush, so maybe we can help her treat a few well scares for.
Speaker 3: Some some moo shit sweet moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bel come on in.
Speaker 4: Hello everyone, thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Me blessed and that's a light Berlac. Take a second and tell us about yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm fer La. I'm originally from Dominican Republic. Yes, I moved to the US when I was nine to the Bronx, New York. So I grew up in the Bronx, New York. And then I went off to college in Maine and I majored in film and theater. Yes, and then after I moved to LA And now I've been modeling and I've been writing. What do I love. I love Dominican food, Dominican music. I love Caribbean culture. I love traveling. I love horror movies. I loved Lenove Last, I love drama. I hate a plant. Like we are little tattoos. And I've recently become a home not a homebody, but like now I have an appreciation for being home that I didn't in the past.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel that hard.
Speaker 4: I'm a very big extrovert. I'm a Leo an Aquarius sun and an Aquarius rising, so balanced and yeah, I'm just like excited to have a little smooch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, are amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, well what's that that? What questions do you have?
Speaker 4: ROBERTA?
Speaker 3: For goodness, tell a wilitam? What are you looking for?
Speaker 4: Oh? I just want to date someone who like I am so one hundred f comfortable because I'm I'm a little weird though. I like to make like funny sounds and I'm very specific and like I like wear snacks.
Speaker 3: When did these little weird noises come in all the time? Can you give us an example?
Speaker 4: My thing is that like mid conversation, I'll just be like raw and like when I have to explain myself to people, why make little noises. I'm like, are they judging me? So I want someone who's just gonna be like, oh my gosh, you just raw. That's so weird, but like I like it.
Speaker 2: So someone who's curious and compassionate and someone who's not going to be like judging, Yes, not it I love.
Speaker 3: So tell me, why is it that you think that you haven't had a serious crush in a while.
Speaker 4: A lot of the dating I've done in LA just felt like, honestly a waste of time, where like nothing gets talked about, you know, they don't want to actually get to know me, they just want to you know, and like it just turned me off on dating, Like I just rather hang out with my friends and get that type of love.
Speaker 2: Then what are some things that make you feel like you can trust somebody?
Speaker 4: Definitely the way they interact with my family MM for example, like my brother is my roommate, and like, if you're interacting weird with my family and my friends, immediately can't trust you. If they're able to respect the people around me with a lot of respect them, I can trust them to like respect me and like care for me.
Speaker 3: So how can I wlita help you find what it is? That your heart desires.
Speaker 4: I want you to encourage me to like try someone new who I'm not used to, but at the same time, like hunker down on me, Like is this really who you're feeling now?
Speaker 2: Would you rather start in Adela Norrela or be the star of your own horror film or is it a mix of both?
Speaker 1: Give us a little bit of a plot line.
Speaker 4: I think I would rather start in a horror movie hmmm, or because horror movie is a type of drama that is so similar to the novella as they use so many of the same like tactics involved. But I think horror is my like love, so I'll start there, but then I'll make my way.
Speaker 2: To You can definitely have a campy horror moment, you know, camp be horror what?
Speaker 4: And I think that because of camp you're able to have the love and horror together exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Like I'm.
Speaker 4: Battling a demon with my partner, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know that you mentioned that you're really close to your family, and that's also you know, a way for you to gauge whether that person is someone who's trustworthy, has your family voiced what type of partner they envision for you, and does that vision align with your vision? Yes and no, Okay, tell me about it.
Speaker 4: My mom is always like, first of all, she's always like, don't date the Menican bed.
Speaker 3: So that's yeah, say that again.
Speaker 4: Like noos, I'm gonna know whatevergether idea.
Speaker 3: I goes, there's those everywhere, and that's what I tell her.
Speaker 4: I'm like anywhere. But I think for me, it's like I grew up in a lot of Latino like Latinos grew up in a very like men are the breadwinners, the like providers blah blah blah, and like the things my parents bring up or like what I should look for in a partner. I also hope that I bring that to my partner, you know what I mean, like the same level of like trust, love, respect.
Speaker 3: And so if that hasn't happened yet, what kind of guys do you usually find yourself with?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I see those guys rolling.
Speaker 4: Roll honestly, like after I left college, Like I haven't really been looking for a serious thing, to be honest like, so it literally is the way you put out like if you don't want to find like a serious relationship you're not gonna find one. Sometimes you do. I wasn't out here looking for like, oh, the next person that I'm going to settle down with for a bit, like or forever. So I feel like I've attracted a mess.
Speaker 1: Now are your parents still together?
Speaker 2: What are some aspects of that dynamic that you've witnessed as their kid that you want to carry on and some things that you've learned from their relationship You're like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: For things I do want to carry My mom is a boss like my mom, she's a boss lady. And I always love that my dad let my mom be her most authentic self, Like she is loud and where's whatever she wants is opinionated, and he like you know, supports that, and like I want someone like that because especially for me, like I model a lot, and like I've been a situation where a guy's been like, oh, like I don't like you posted Katie photos and I'm just like, excuse me exactly?
Speaker 3: And what is it that you don't want for my parents?
Speaker 4: I think I think a lot of like parents n in America are not comfortable talking about the uncomfortable. Yeah, when they're not happy, they just let it.
Speaker 1: Build a lot of resentment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it levels up, and I feel like I want a relationship where I could be like, Yo, that pissed me off that you did that, Like that made me so mad, or hey, I really like that you did that. You know, more communication and like more honesty.
Speaker 2: I've realized from what you said earlier around guys that you did in the past who don't feel comfortable when you post stuff online or whatnot. Do you feel like there's a pattern in like ending with guys who point fingers other than looking at themselves and like taking accountability for their own insecurity and like working on themselves.
Speaker 1: Is that something that you've noticed.
Speaker 2: Yes, So looking for somebody who's the office of someone who's able to like be like, hey, I'm feeling vulnerable about x y Z communicated with you in a way that's not like you got to stop doing that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Also, like, I'm just a firm believer. If you're gonna dad a baddie, you have to know how to handle a battye m hm. Yes, I care a lot about self love and like I practice that. But you know, as someone who like grew up Gorta, like I need someone to yourself. I'm a person that needs sours of affirmation and like, hey, you look grateful today. Hey like that photo, she was amazing, But things like that because I'm very much like that, Like you look good. I'm gonna tell you if you made a really good cup of coffee, I'm gonna praise you down, like you know what I mean. Like, yeah, I have my mom's mom alive right now, and she's the cutest thing. Her name is Maddie, and I love her so much. And she has a lot of opinions of men.
Speaker 3: Is Grandpa still around my grandpa?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, the old way and that's what my grandma has a lot to say about them.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you're close to your will Eita.
Speaker 4: Maddy, Oh my god, I was just on faceide wan her like yesterday. She's just the definition of like love for me. Like my grandma is really my second mom.
Speaker 1: Has she given you any dating advice?
Speaker 4: My grandma like wants me to be in love and like ask me a lot about it, and like she's a firm believer. It's like you have to like go through your breakups, your heartbreaks, the unrequited love she's such a believer in that because she's the one that was putting those letting nobelas on, so it's her fault.
Speaker 2: Before we start getting to know your contestants, I want to know what are some of your green flags and what are some of your own red flags.
Speaker 4: I'm a really bad text her.
Speaker 3: I have a lot to say about that.
Speaker 4: I know notifications stress me out, like my red flags. I need to hear that you're interested, you know what I mean, because then it stresses me out absolutely.
Speaker 3: And what if it comes in the form of a text.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, I would literally scream I need I'm a facetimer And apparently that's a red flag, but for me, it's a great one.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: How comfortable do you feel in communicating that need forwards of information?
Speaker 4: Very uncomfortable, okay?
Speaker 2: Is it coming from a space where like people have to reladly that it's like too needy and whatnot.
Speaker 4: I've just never felt comfortable saying like, hey, I maybe need more like compliments, or not even compliments, it's more like reassurance.
Speaker 2: And I'm just here to reassure you that it's never too much to ask for those needs to be met at all. If someone at any point tells you that you're asking for too much, then it's because they don't have the capacity for it.
Speaker 3: Close the door, Thank.
Speaker 1: You so so much better about that time where that will use all.
Speaker 2: Of the tools in her belt to find you as mauch. Yes that you know, on like the plot of many horror films, will turn into a zombie and try to eat your brains hopefully don't want to eat some other things. Yes, thank you so much for being here with us. It's gonna find you a diamond and the rough for you, or should we say the pearl.
Speaker 1: Inside the oyster. We'll be back after the break. Welcome back today the.
Speaker 2: First All right, well, now that we've had a chance to get to know Berla, we are going to send off on three speed dates for some gafe.
Speaker 1: With each contestant. So that's a bird. Bring in our first contestant. What's up?
Speaker 2: David's David.
Speaker 1: Take a second and please introduce yourself.
Speaker 4: My name is David. I am an aries. I'll start with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I were in the wrong turn now, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Judgments.
Speaker 3: I was number one was an airy. We can't start nothing to do with you. It's all about me. No, just kidding.
Speaker 5: Go for a David born and raised in la I am a photographer.
Speaker 4: I am the middle child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gorgeous, gorgeous. Well, all right, I will eat that they get away.
Speaker 3: How are you, my love?
Speaker 4: I'm good. How are you?
Speaker 3: You're very handsome, you have a beautiful smile, great eyes. Thank you, very open. So let's get to these little questions. Now, tell me a little bit about the people that you usually date. What has stopped you from keeping a relationship in the past.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think respect. I feel like respect is the foundation of a good person and integrity, and so that's what I feel like. I I'm looking more towards now someone that has respecting themselves and the relationship. Loyalty being a big one, trust being a huge one. I'm not particularly big with like a jealous partner or someone that just doesn't have that trust to do things on your own and come back and unite as a unit and be able to trust each other's individuality and not expect each person to morph into only what you know that partner expects of you.
Speaker 3: Have you found yourself having relationships like this in the past, or trust was an issue? Communication? All of that? Yes, So we need to move on from that correct and what are your red flags in that? And if you see them, do you continue on the relationship.
Speaker 5: I communicate about them, and if nothing changes past that communication phase, I will end things because I know how that ends. But I think communication is a big way to introduce those red flags that I see and see how they evolve and see how this other person reacts to them or how they communicate back. And a lot of times, like the last person that I dated, we sat on the couch and we had these conversations and I said, hey, I've hit a wall because of X, Y and Z, and they said, dang, I'm sorry you feel that way. And so I was like, okay, cool, I see that.
Speaker 4: This now means I am who I am? Take it or leave it?
Speaker 5: And I understood in that moment. I'm like, okay, time to leave it, move on.
Speaker 3: Are you looking for a serious relationship now? I am for a soulmate? I am What is the soulmate? Do you?
Speaker 5: I think a soulmate is someone who understands and who you can have compatibility with and not just chemistry. I think a lot of people confuse chemistry and compatibility and we get distracted by like the dopamine rush, and so I want something that goes beyond that.
Speaker 3: So now that you already I see that you don't want any children, I don't no, but you will be a babysit. I love that.
Speaker 4: I'll do that.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 5: To be completely honest, I think that a lot of it comes from childhood trauma and mistakes that were made with me and my parents, and so I love the idea of children. But making sure that I raise them to be good human beings. That's a full time job that you can never digress from.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like the ultimate career choice.
Speaker 3: It's a great responsibility. Yes it is. But you are not who you were as a child. You are this amazing man that wants the best for his life and that of his partners. So we're going to work on that. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, this is it for the goad that Thank you so much, David. We'll be back with contestant number two. Welcome back to date.
Speaker 4: My first.
Speaker 2: Meet.
Speaker 1: Hello, tell us about yourself.
Speaker 6: My name is Jiton. I am Cape Verdean. It's the island in the Atlantic Ocean. Not a lot of people know about it. I do music, play for a flag Football League. It's a very athletic all over creator like film photography, love to cook, be in a kitchen whipping it out.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you else.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're coming to Awelita's house.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know sign language as well. I dated a girl who was deaf and I didn't know how to speak any sign language, but learned it to speak with her.
Speaker 3: Which impresses me a lot.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. That is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go ahead and hand you over to Awilita for a little seat.
Speaker 3: Take it away. How are you, my darling. Blessing you, oh, blessed to have you here with us. Absolutely. Let's talk a little bit about your dating life. What has it been like until now?
Speaker 6: So recently, I don't really go out much. I really like to keep to myself. Work is like a huge priority for me, so I'm trying to do that to basically set my family up so they don't have to worry about a thing in their life. So I'd rather do that as opposed to going out party and clubbing and all of that stuff. So I'm never really on that type of scene, and I've never been one for dating apps. I'll talk to you in person if I meet you at a grocery shop.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Old fashioned? So when was your last relationship?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: About a year ago.
Speaker 6: It was with the girl that I was just talking to you about. And what happened there, I guess lack of time. I don't think we were like right for each other at that time. We both had different things going on at the same time, and like I got too involved in my work, I would say, to share with her, Yeah, to give her the attention that she needed because she was dealing with her own personal problems.
Speaker 3: So has that changed now? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Do you have more time? Are you going to be able to provide that to a new partner?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I say that in a sense of like what she needed from me was a bit more than I think the regular person would, Okay, Yeah, because she dealt with some serious stuff on her end that I couldn't help with, Like nobody could help you with unless you find that in yourself to help you, If that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: Are you now looking for a soulmate?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What is the soulmate to you?
Speaker 6: A soulmate? I feel like someone who understands, someone that can teach me something that I don't know as well as me teaching them something that they don't know. And we just continue to grow. And that's through thick and thin, you know, like the marriage, vows and stuff, life and death.
Speaker 3: You believe in all of that.
Speaker 6: They're out there, you know what I'm saying out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Out there?
Speaker 3: What is your biggest red flag?
Speaker 6: Ooh, someone that is not passionate?
Speaker 3: Ooh, so you're into love love.
Speaker 2: And with that, I'm gonna wrap upa thank you so much, z on So in a fun twist and turn of events, a date my Aalita. First, first, we have chosen to eliminate one of the contestants even before they got the chance.
Speaker 5: To have.
Speaker 3: Why I Drank It Myself based on a.
Speaker 1: Bear Lass desires.
Speaker 2: We noticed very quickly that that last contestant failed to show the commitment in showing up. They were not intentional about respecting time. They were not intentional about creating and facilitating quality space with you.
Speaker 3: And if this wonderful person is listening to this particular podcast that you messed out on, it has nothing to do with anything about you other than a little bit of the lack of respect towards our main data and to us who are hoping to meet you and spend time with you.
Speaker 2: Correct. So, aur Alida, what do you think of our contenders for Beerla?
Speaker 3: I like them both a lot, like a lot. They both are seeking exactly what Perla needs and Perila wants.
Speaker 4: They are very.
Speaker 3: Respectful, they have shared their inner emotions. They are gun ho young men who want to get it all, and not only that, they are ready ready for a relationships be essential.
Speaker 2: Berla, do you have something you want to say since you've gotten to eavesdrop a little bit?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, personal, this is so fun because I've never done something like this. They both have way more green flags than red. Love that, yes, and the red flags they're like orange pale red, their baby pink.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to hear more from them. Oh, and we will.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Bela. Well, that is all the heat we could handle.
Speaker 2: So we'll see you next week when Ailita and I will play some fun and flirty games with these two contestants. Hoping to be Oilita approved for La. Emphasis on the and remember to subscribe to date my hour ead the first wherever you get your podcasts date. Myita First is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia is Mike Wiltura podcast network hosted by me vigoris joined by the fabulous Montenegrod.
Speaker 1: My Awalita First.
Speaker 2: Is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raquel and Luigi Villian Weba. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama, Leo Clem and Nico Raquel, and WV Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Nico Raguel. This episode features original music.
Speaker 1: By gay Blobees.
Speaker 2: The original artwork for this show was created by Mac McLain. Special thanks to our team of cupids at WV Entertainment. Special thanks also to our hopeful romantics.
Speaker 1: This week, per La Ruton and David. Additional thanks to Salt and Lime Media.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: See you next week and.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, don't do anything Awilita wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: Just do it better, misitos