Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please, I'm the Rick Burgess Show with Speedy, Greg Burgess, Edie Van Adler and Rick Burges.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are. It is another edition of the Rick Burgess Show. The gang is all here plus one. Today we are coming to you live from beautiful, beautiful Greystone, Birmingham, Alabama, Hoover, Alabama to be real specific, which is a suburb of Birmingham, Alabama. It is the Drumming Company Celebrity program today from the Greystone Golfing Country Club. We're set up here on the Coca Cola patio overlooking the driving range and the putting green.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is the region's tradition starting tomorrow a major on the PGA Champions Tour. We have Speedy, we have we got Greg Burgess, we got Adler setting up and yes, yes he did make it. We do have Gary the Bulldozer Man here with us as well. And the old spur Master was waiting on me when when we got together out at the studio to work our way over here. Uh, he shows up and causes problems right out of the gate.
Speaker 4: Did take long? Yeah, guys, has everybody this morning? Everybody looking good? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Adler's getting his stuff set up. So let's just deal with the tubers right out of the gate.
Speaker 4: Okay it is, well, you stop it, you had to, yeah, so yeah, I'll see what you're talking about. The so uh but that shouldn't be a problem going for well it will to a certain extent. I'll just pot it down then stop it.
Speaker 2: But but anyway, so we we we're on location, which means beautiful chaos. Uh, you're gonna hear a lot of racket no matter how many times I tell our body not to mess with their headset and throw it down since they're all turned up all the time. Right now, yeah, right now, it's gonna happen. Yeah, uh, you know, but it's just the way this is set up. There's just so many microphones in little buttons. I mean to turn everybody down, then turn boy back up every time. I just swisch. Everybody would rather headphones. But I know that's gonna happen on it seated in silid.
Speaker 4: There's two people that are looking at Yeah, there'll be two people that will do this for the next five hours, Gregg and Geary. I mean yeah, so so Adler is grabbing stuff for the tubers. Uh, the show is not live on YouTube today, Uh, but it will. We will have all kinds of interviews and highlights and and and footage that will be coming to the YouTube channel. So don't worry about that, uh that you will get some of that and you can Tubers of course, hopefully have found a way to transition to our audio feeds that are also streaming, and that's our tuneing app.
Speaker 2: A lot of the affiliates have I heeart apps.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So there's all kinds of ways to to get the show other uh than YouTube if you don't have an affiliate live. So it's going to be an active day. So Greg and I were over at the studio. Okay, so Greg's in there getting everything ready. Davies back at Master Control super time, the engineer, and so I'll go in and and of course Gary surprisingly was not there, and and I had to text Gary and say, hey, where are you? And you? You were close today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got I got pretty close pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you you you were you And he's got his he's got his Rick Burgess show statureed on today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh but but I want you to look at this.
Speaker 4: It did fit. It doesn't look bad. That extra look I owe you an apology that that extra large looks pretty dog on good. Well, I told you, but sometimes you don't listen. Well, so so Gary, I want, I walk out and he's he's holding a cap.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so.
Speaker 5: I should have never got it out of the truck.
Speaker 2: No, No, you should not have gotten what what cap is it?
Speaker 4: Well, it's in the truck. So he goes, hey, you think you get get get get some chicken cheers on this, And I thought, I think some of us.
Speaker 2: And I said, yeah, we get there. We'll sign it for whoever the person was, you know, from down from down our way, hey, down there in county.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then and then it happened.
Speaker 4: Hey, no, I'm talking about getting Saving to sign it.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean that's what the guy wanted Saving to sign it.
Speaker 4: Not you know you promised it. No, I didn't promise. I said, I'll see what I'm to do.
Speaker 2: And uh and I said, Gary, put that hat back in the truck. We're not we're not going to ask save it? Right? What do you gart? What do you do?
Speaker 4: How you doing? Man? What's happening right?
Speaker 2: What? What? What? What is happening right now?
Speaker 4: I mean he don't he don't even recognize me.
Speaker 2: What what you're Gary?
Speaker 6: You can't We're live, We're live, right, you're visited with some guy?
Speaker 2: I mean he just I mean here, Robert, Robert, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Can see there's Robert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, sir, it's always it's always great seeing you, sir. I didn't take long.
Speaker 2: We're sitting here talking.
Speaker 4: Hey Roberick, Yeah, just y, Hey Robert.
Speaker 2: Don't forget, don't forget.
Speaker 4: He just screams across the people.
Speaker 2: What do you do when we're in the middle of doing the show?
Speaker 4: I went to school?
Speaker 2: Well, how am I supposed to know that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you just come out so uh yeah, Robert, Hey, Robert and Gary had this hat and he wanted to coach saving Hey, Robert.
Speaker 4: Still talking to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, I don't know what Robert.
Speaker 4: Thank you. If you want to go off conversations, Gary, we've got a slew of tables out here, you can said. I got to ask this, when's the last time you've seen Robert? Because he had no idea. I hadn't seen him since wool graduatings do but no wonder he didn't know who you were. Did you have hair? Then?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was he because yeah, I get that you have the same picture Gary when he had hair. Yeah, no, do you have you have a picture on your phone Gary of you?
Speaker 5: Of you?
Speaker 4: But I think Robert run just playing, you know, he does. He's a he's a he's a pretty big wig here.
Speaker 2: So you graduated down there and you graduate from Clinn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, right, hey, right right, I mean.
Speaker 5: Just from that time.
Speaker 2: But another headphones. Uh so so anyway, uh so, so we're we're we're off, we're offering. Well, look, normally, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: Normally, back in the day when the kickoff ours here, we would work out all these issues before the main show starter. Now you hey, you with the boys? Now, yeah, what's good?
Speaker 2: You know you get to work to meet Robert. You know what I mean, Well, we get to meet Yeah. If I had not been here, I would have missed Robert.
Speaker 4: And you're a little hot, they say, just I mean just just down a click, I mean the slightest bit, just the slightest uh, not not much at all.
Speaker 2: If I was a turkey picking over picking over log I could see the meters. But all right I can't. But uh but anyway.
Speaker 7: So illustrating what you're dealing with there it is, but just the broadcast.
Speaker 5: Right, Hey, I'm gonna have to go to a hearing or something. You're gonna cut this down or something.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go to a hearing. What's that?
Speaker 4: What does that? You got to go to court?
Speaker 2: Talking? I don't talking.
Speaker 4: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: Could you hear Robert?
Speaker 4: Hey, Robert, Robert had no idea was.
Speaker 2: We're sitting here randomly goes by, Hey, Robert, so so so anyway, it ain't let Robert walked through here.
Speaker 4: Way so he has what you have, Greg. When something hits your mind, you can't help it. Yeah, just get it.
Speaker 2: It comes out. Yeah, good night, look at that. Know, we'll uh let me kind of run this for you. I mean, coming up on the show today, we got Trent Dilfer, we got Taylor Hicks, we got Bo Jackson, we got Hugh Freees, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubervill, which I don't think he was gonna be here.
Speaker 4: I thought he was in the Middle East. Now I got I gotta tell you, all right, you're gonna love this too.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, okay, Kaylin de boor uh Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson, so all still to come, and now we don't really know.
Speaker 4: Just just straight up with y'all. We've seen these lists before. Oh yeah, Now I will tell you this the time that they're listed meaningless. Yeah, and we'll just grab them as we can. And then there'll be some people who said they were gonna be on that won't right. And then there'll be people we don't have on the list that we'll be on and that end up you know those are. And then there'll be people that are late, and so they'll join another person that's on time, and we'll just have multiple, multiple guests. And so let me tell.
Speaker 2: You real quick, that's what my blood pressure goes with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, and then which makes mine And uh so I'm texting with Sean Hannity's producer back and forth a lot, and I'm texting with Senator coach Tommy Tuberville's hammer a lot. Well, well, well, here here come the yeah I did. Here come all the text messages back and forth about you know, men don't run in the rain and and your book tour speaking and interviews and that's all real and and I'm finalizing you being on Hannity, and then coach Tuberville, Senator Tuberville talking to them about him being here, and then when he can be on. So I'm going back and forth with him. Okay, well I get I get the deal here. Well, now now that it's public, he's in the Middle East. Uh, and he'll be there for about a week. So let's reconnect on the nineteenth and then we can finalize some things. And I'm thinking, Okay, so Tuberville's in the Middle East. I didn't know that. And and so I'm like, so I tell you he's in Hey, Tuberville's in the Middle East and he's he's doing some stuff. I don't know what's going on, but he might not even be at the tournament. Did I tell you that? Yes? You did?
Speaker 2: I heard that? Hey, right, It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that that was Sean Hannity's producer telling me he got mixed up that Sean Hannity was in the Middle East. Not And if you watched Hannity last night, he actually interviewed the President on Air Force one and and his in his life in the Middle East doing his show, right, from from on the President's Middle East tour.
Speaker 2: Did you have Tuborvillo on?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't because Tumberville's here, and and and and so it wasn't till yesterday that Tuberville's handler said, so he's good to go. Yeah, he'll be on time. And I'm thinking, wow, that changed. And then I started looking back and I'm like, oh, crap, you talked about it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I told y'all he's so choler he's not in the Middle East. He's gonna teae you off.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna be with with us today to announce he's running for governor.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that's gonna be uncomfortable. I'm gonna sit over there when you talk to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be right back live from Bresdale.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burchase Show.
Speaker 2: So we're back. We are live from beautiful Graystone, still waiting on the sun to come up. And Uh, let me tell you something, it is going to be a beautiful day uh in Sweet Home, Alabama today. Uh, the gang's all here. I'm Speedy, Greg Adler and even hey, hey, Robert, we got Gary and Speedy your sons are here. I mean, we've got we got Tyler, we got j C. You told me this. I didn't I didn't remember this, but you told me that j C had never been here before. And so he, uh, he let me know that. He walked up me and started looking around, going, hey, this is a nice place, and it dawned to me he said all this for the first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in that in that crazy he's normally off playing or doing something with school, and it just never worked out luckily, Tyler. You know, it's it's funny because they've separated by around five years, so Tyler was old enough to experience some cool things before JC and Reese could. And uh, and I hear about that a lot, like going to Texas and Hume with with Ultru and the and the Titans, absolutely different things. And and Tyler has caddied for me like probably four times at least. Uh and uh and so I hear about that lot. So today it just it just so happened that two of the three could be here. Now Reese has given it to us because he's going into work today going, hey, have fun, have fun.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's part of Hey, Robert sou So anyway, we're gonna we're gonna work through quite a few things. And I'm learning because you know, this is my first year. Yeah, to be part of this hour when they're still using leaf blowers. Oh yeah, all this all that's gonna be. In the background. There's an overwhelming smell of gasoline, yes sir, from the weed eaters and the blowers, a little bit of left over poland left. None of the coolers are open. Yep, you know, breakfast isn't ready. The early crew. See this is all new for me. Uh, headsets are not dialed in yet. You sound check the whole time. That's right, So we're getting all that in so a checking test.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna try not to be loud on the show, but the show usually features us being loud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think we'll dial it in right and use this hour to do that and.
Speaker 2: We'll get all we'll get all that dialed in. Tom will give us a good report here and man, we've got a bad report and the break Sorry, sorry that it sounded so poorly, and you know, and but you know, the this is the sound check, it is. This hour is the sound check it is. So we'll get it all dialed in by the time regular people are moving you know, and like us that who who live in in a world that's that's a little bit different that are up at this time of day. Of course, you know, if you're an Archive listener, that was your first hour in your first segment, you know, and you were fired up. You know this what a lot of folks love about YAH shows is they like chaos. Well, let me tell you we're gonna get all the chaos you can stand. I'm looking at the lineup today. Uh you know, I'm I'm you know, we've already had one little uncomfortable thing that Gary wanted us to get one of his buddies down in Chilton County get his hat signed by Savement. So yeah, we already had that discomfort. First segment, we sounded bad equipment, right, so we had to die all that back. Gary randomly shouted to an old classmate from Clinton High School as he walked by right in the middle of the segment. Right, so, uh, you.
Speaker 4: Know, so we're we're so we're off and running. I mean we were we are off and running.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Some of the things that people have been emailing me about, uh, one of them is this thing with with me and Kaylin de boor coach at University of Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you talking about what you did to him last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm gonna check in on his role Tide again this year. Well, well, but he probably wants to talk about something else but.
Speaker 4: That he is.
Speaker 2: But I want to say, you're you're welcome. I don't know, you know, they I noticed that, you know, because because they said every everything changed after that. As far as the way he handled you know, his role Tide, you're taking credit for that was his role Tide very good. The first one he threw out, No, okay, is it better now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's a little Yeah. I haven't heard him say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we'll see. Maybe at the interview interviews at the end of him they always say, you know, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, retired Sabing is always you know, he he was much lighter last year. Is he even lighter this year?
Speaker 3: He was?
Speaker 2: And it sounds like some of the problems with college football, he's now going to be able to get in there and mix it up. Yeah, you know, so you know I talk about that.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, one thing you could talk to him about is is the Trump administration and bringing him in on the n I l.
Speaker 2: Yes, what I'm talking about. I mean he's going to get to make a difference, yeah, and getting there and mess with that. So we got that coming up. Who knows what Barklayll do. We don't even know if barkl will even comes right. Well, yeah, so they claim this year he's gonna wake up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh And then I look Hugh Freeze. You know, he said he's got some things going on. He is Do I bring up the prostate thing?
Speaker 4: Well? He just maybe Hey, you know, uh, is he going with some things? You're on the back and everything? Okay, how does that work?
Speaker 2: Right? Maybe don't use back in. I don't think I'll use back in. Side of Kirby Smart. Yeah, he's always playing with Sankeie. You could have fun with him. He's always intense. But oh, Jackson is pretty much going to sit down on the show whenever he wants to, no matter when. He's gonna mess with his mic and you can't say the word about it now. He's always really noisy with his MIC and I just let it go. He's the world's grace athlete, that's right. So so we got Trenton del for coming up.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and be good to see him, so then he have surgery on his having that on his next.
Speaker 2: And he just generally tries to get everybody fired up and then if this happens. And sometimes, you know, I don't get my hopes up too much on the music people because sometimes the music people will be on schedule and then they just won't get here right, you know. So I'm I feel pretty good about Riley Green getting there. Jamie Johnson, I'm afraid to get excited because Jamie Johnson, I've always wanted to talk to him, and you know, and he and Andy Blanks are are closer friends than you think. It's it's it's it's a weird yeah, it's he he he and he and Andy Blanks are actually like they're they're actually friends, I mean, did grow up. Yeah, I don't know, so it's on him.
Speaker 4: That's a he's kind of like Garan Robert Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's it's like when he comes by, he'll holler out hey, damn yeah, you know. So I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: I know there's a couple of things that you know, internally here that I'd love to discuss. A I put Terry to work last night at the pairings party. We were up here last night, and I understand Greg went to a concert. Yeah, Greg, Greg, Greg has just gotten back from a concert. Like a few minutes right, man with a backpack blower is walking by. I don't think that you're free part of it. It's just part of it. Real They getting ready for a time. It's okay, it's not the microphone. It's just they're just getting ready for the tournament. He couldn't care less about us, and don't know, you know where on the air.
Speaker 2: No, you know, if I asked him about that blower, he tell me what to do with Yeah, oh yeah, I bet you could win twenty bucks. So okay, all right, so so yeah, you're right. So so we'll come back and we'll discuss that. I saw the pictures that I didn't realize you actually were part of the pairings party.
Speaker 4: Well, we've done that the last couple of years. That's kind and it's a it's a quick in and out. But but before we leave, we always walk around here to the to the Coca Cola patio area where we're going to broadcast from last last time, I think there was some weather coming in so they couldn't set up until the morning of But last night the tent was already up, and I started texting with Adler about maybe moving it to the way it is now from the way they had it. And it took moving everything and and uh, Terry was in I high hills and address.
Speaker 2: Uh you talking about y'all moved all this. Y'all moved all this because Gary said, manuey last time, he was just all over there.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 2: Robert told me, y'all used spell there. Yeah, And so all right, we'll do the work. I was like, if I'm an feed you up here, you gotta work, all right, will it be back? We'll talk about that, Greg. Greg went to a concert last night and well we'll continue to get ready for the rest of the show coming up.
Speaker 8: It was the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Well, here we our own location. You got the Rick Burgers Show, Speedy, Greg Adler, Hey, and Gary's here, Hey, Robert, So we are on the Coca Cola patio. If you get here today, this is the Drumming Company Celebrity Program. If you've got tickets to this today, you're going to be coming in. Come on over, say hello, we'd love to see you. Gripp and Grin, meet the gang. Uh, and we'll be running down and talking with as many of the people we have scheduled as possible. Again, we're on location, anything can happen. Like you said, we're already having to do a sound check. Now, breakfast is arrived. Everybody's into breakfast, which, by the way, let me give you all of you a number one of the breakfast as always here at Graystone Golfing country Club. Fantastic. So we have a lot to do going forward. I do want to point this out, and every time I bring this up, I realize that I'm being a bit of a Debbie downer, and that's when and that's when I'm talking about taxes. So so I got to talk about it. US tax Shield. They've teamed up with the Rick Burgess Show and they want to help you. Now, if you owe Gary ten thousand or more in back taxes, or you have unfiled tax returns, take back control and start driving the bus rather than maybe running from it or being drug behind it. Okay, So here's the deal. The IRS is the largest and most aggressive collection agency in the world. They can and they will seize your bank accounts, they'll garnish your paycheck, they'll close your business and they'll file criminal charges. So the US tax Shield Team will help alleviate some of these problems. Now, I don't know if y'all know this. They do, I didn't know about it. The Fresh Start program, there's new laws that may allow them to negotiate a settlement on your behalf that can get this over with. So why don't you call them? Here's the number, one eight hundred seven six nine seven three four. Oh, they are a plus rated by the Better Business Bureau. That's one eight hundred seven six nine seven three four zero. Or if you just want to go to Rick burgesshow dot com under the sponsors, you can go there and find that number as well and put them to work and be done with this. So a lot to cover on the program today. We announced yesterday Men Don't Run in the Rain. The new book is out great response yesterday. As Speedy said, be paying attention. There'll be a lot tied to that, a lot of podcasts, a lot of being honored to be guests on Hannity and Glenn Beck.
Speaker 4: Am I Glenn back this Friday? Or is this Friday? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm on with Glenn this Friday, and then I'm doing a podcast tomorrow, Adler and I will be getting together. Adler and I have been talking about Wow, the response to the new podcast, Strange Encounters has been substantial. In episode two coming out this week weekend. Adler and I'll be trying to get that done tomorrow, and Wow, the show tomorrow's got some interesting stuff that you don't want to miss. So so anyway, that's we got a lot going on as a team. And so I want to thank you, Speedy and and apparently your wife for all your hard work and and you and super time and to get to make these on location shows happen. So so you you have moved our tent and you got your wife involved with that. Yesterday. Yeah, it's always the night before.
Speaker 4: Uh. The Celebrity program, they have what they call a parings party, and that's where they they they just make this amazing food and they have different tables that have like seafood over here, they got steak here, and it's just it's they they really go above and did you act up on the dessert table they.
Speaker 2: Had blueberry cheesecake. He's a bit of a healthy person, but sweets take Speedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just do with him whatever they want I black out, but Terry kept me at bay because she said, hey, you got a long day tomorrow, you're gonna struggle. But they had small portions, so she said that that's good because it's like they protect you from yourself, you know. And this is when we were told, you know, when everybody is teeing off and stuff like that, because we need to know to promote it. But at the pairings party for the rest of the crews playing, that's where they find out who they're playing with and what time they tee off. So the parings party is a big announcement of that long so we already know what they don't right exactly, like so and so you're playing at this time with so and so and all this kind of stuff. So then everybody leaves and goes home, and they might tee off in the morning or in the afternoon, you don't know. Well, that is on the other side of where we are, on the other side of the clubhouse where eighteen comes in, overlooking the eighteenth Green and in the you know, in the past, I've walked around here just to look at the porch. And some years, like I said, it's been raining and they couldn't put anything up. But this year they had the tent, but they had it where we told him they did the right thing, but it was totally opposite of where it is now. And after talking to Adler yesterday, who has the the TV background and and what the back shot would look look like, he said, buddy, if it would really look bad, I know, the sun comes up and it's y'all gonna be baking in it. But it's gonna really look better if you just if you just go ahead and move it. And so we did, and so Terry and high heels and address moved it. As a canine, it goes ahead and release himself. There, that's what point. Get back.
Speaker 2: Adler was trying to bring my attention so I can watch a dog poop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I looked up. I thought, well, bo Jackson's walking up the way he's acting, and Adler wants me to see a dog poop. Yeah, yeah, that's it. I would have been fine with missing that. I looked up. Thing was bowed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, point you kidd he had that look that it had to look. And it's been putting in the garbage and now the garbage can is gonna smell like no.
Speaker 2: Uh, but you know what.
Speaker 4: It was kind of funny, uh last night that breakfast Yeah anyway, yeah, yeah, and and and look right now before the sun gets up over that hit mountain, mountain, mountain. Uh, it's gonna be good. But it does good today.
Speaker 2: I think it's a bat like like Adler said, now, it looks like we're at a golf Of course, Terry didn't know she'd be dressed up for a farings party and moving tents from no, pulling tables and moving tents and dragon chairs and but that's just what the wives do of the show. They jump in to get it whatever it takes, whatever. Its so beautiful setup today, and we thank Coca Cola for the premot spot.
Speaker 4: And yes, I saw Scott Smith with Coca Cola yesterday and told him that his crew was doing a great job and because they were helping hosts, because it's the region's tradition brought to you by Coca Cola, and so they played a big part of him and Mike Suco and everybody last night of making sure everything was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know Scott, and they're they're teaming up with the show, and so thankful for them to be part of what we're doing too.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: They've been great partners in the past and and and continuing to be partners with us. And you know, it was interesting. I even speaking of strange count did you know the Scott Smith text me? He says, Wow, I watched the strange stranging counters. I'm all in, okay, I know that.
Speaker 4: So so speaking of strange encounters, Gary, that cane is sniffing your bag, buddy, what's in your bag?
Speaker 2: Gary Turkey? Get this up right there, let's speak.
Speaker 5: In Well, I didn't want to y'all to hear me, that's baking right.
Speaker 2: Well, I watched I wanted Greg, Greg, Greg. I watched Gary's face, you know, when the dog hammered down, right, and then watching Gary's face go down you know link saucers just not nervus after the slide. That out of the way. I don't want to. I can keep eating. It doesn't look like eggs, you know. So so anyway, so that that's but But so I'm on the phone. I'm in the truck with Greg yesterday and we have a whole update on Mom's car. So I was in the truck with Greg yesterday and I forgot about it. By the way, Greg completely forgot about it. So Greg's son calls Taylor, who had his birthday yesterday thirty four years before, and all of a sudden, I completely forgot. And they're going back and forth on their plans for the day. Okay, because said Ellis, Greg's grandson, Taylor's son had a game that wasn't gonna get rained out or not. We were trying to get mom's cars. Saw I can't wait for that up and we got that update, and all of a sudden, I hear Taylor say to his dad, Okay, now, of course we're going to the concert either way, And I thought what I'd completely forgotten about it. Greg Burgess went to the arena the bad time with a show on the road, which means you were up earlier than normal, up earlier than normal, and you went to see Shine Down. Yeah, it's really Oh my goodness, are you forget Bartooth opened up.
Speaker 4: There years ago? You know when your kids are growing up and they finally get that age where you find actually one music that you actually agree on. That was kind of the deal. And for some reason, over the years, if they're close, we'll go. We've been we were trying to count up last night probably six times maybe, and uh, but it was a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I just wanted to ask you again you you went to you did you did the show yesterday, which, by the way, you know the show every day for those of you did, don't listen to it live. But you know, we we've covered this. I know some of you are tired tired of hearing it. Yeah, you know some of y'all go all right, get over. We all know y'all do the show forget stop talking about. But it's a long day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you did the show, We got mom's car situation handled, you went to a Little League game and then on to Shine Down and then now you're back here now. Yeah, what today? Working out?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 11: You got?
Speaker 2: Three hours?
Speaker 6: Lee?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like old Power Company days. Yeah.
Speaker 4: How many cups of coffee you think you'll go through it? Probably ten? By the way, I saw something yesterday speaking to Power Company. When we come back, we'll talk about Greg.
Speaker 2: And I did get the car thing resolved yesterday, well not resolved, but we took the next step. And uh, it was interesting how Greg gives me a hard time. You know, whole show you you the you you the older brother or you doing boll He played that card on me yesterday, did he?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes he did.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Suddenly it was kind of like, oh, okay he used older brother to his manage yesterday. Well, okay, you gotta do you know, I mean it's uh he said, Okay, Primary, we're trying to decide who's gonna be the person this is gonna take the wheel and not knowing where you're going, right, one of us has got to drive this thing, and one of us has got to follow. And suddenly the primary, well, you know you're the one these responsibilities. Yeah, so so we'll seniority.
Speaker 4: So we'll be back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. The Drumming Company Celebrity program is today.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're in beautiful I mean Graystone Golf and Country Club. We're sitting out here overlooking the beautiful putting green and the driving range and uh, we're really here on the Coca Cola patio. We're in the mix. I mean we're right in the middle of it. Off, Breakfast is being served. Everybody seems happy. Everybody's got coffee. Now, Uh, you know, we're we're dealing with the on location equipment sounds like we got that dialed in. Uh so, our apologies early on. But you know, you just don't know to you you take off and running and plus you know, when you can go over it, it's kind of like practice. You can go over you know all you want to, you know, in in a room at the studio. But then when you get here and everything's laid out, you're like, Okay, some things I didn't think about, that's right, Like you know, the meter when it was sitting right in front of me. Now we have something called an instant replay. Yeah, well now the meters over here and I have to kind of lean up to see it. Yeah, it was a new instant replay we've never had. You know, I like it, though, I wouldn't prepared for the three sixty people to make the newer versions so large.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's a large one.
Speaker 2: It's a big boy, a little flatter, a little wider, So there's a lot of things to adjust to, you know. You know, Gary threw us a little bit, you know, right out the gate when we were trying to work on things, when he began to say hello to old high school classromates, randomly, Yeah, and bring a hat from some business and yeah in Gemison for Nick Saban to sign. So you know, I can't wait to see Gary do that. Yeah, so Gary, if you want to, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 5: No, you just forget it?
Speaker 2: Yeah it would I go back to truck and get that hat. Yeah, I ain't it when when you were when you did you tell this person that you would get there?
Speaker 4: He wanted made us say if I could get saving to sign it?
Speaker 5: And I said, man, I said, you know them folks ain't upbird to sign stuff, right, you said.
Speaker 2: Is that how you said it?
Speaker 4: I cleared it right up.
Speaker 2: I wish you'd just seen him, speedy. I wish you'd have seen him. You're standing in the parking lot holding it.
Speaker 5: I think what I'll do. I'll just sign it kind of like Sabing done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Guys, if we signed that hat for him, he wouldn't would he know? How familiar with Nick Sabing signature is more likely? This is why Greg won't buy any member unless you sign it in front of him. Yeah, unless you take your jersey off and sign it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you believe that that all memorabilia is suspect it is. I'm not saying all's fake, but potential potential there. I don't know. I don't know if maybe I.
Speaker 4: Just said that what about the certificate of authenticity? They could be ricky that that part of the game, right, come on, part of the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, so so we we do have a lot going on today, so we we these tea times. You feel pretty good about those.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know that our winner that's going to be is going to be with a group that's teeing off, you know. And again when we say these, we're talking about local time, okay, which is in Alabama. But Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Taylor Hicks, Tom Laman, Yeah, will be with our highest bidder today, that's right. Yeah, three thousand dollars donation to Children's of Alabama.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Speedy, you are going to be teeing off at one forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, slight adjustment and I'm gonna go off at one forty with another group. It's gonna be a long day, but it'll be a lot of fun and uh and uh, I'll have some time. Unlike I mean, we went totally opposite of what it's normally like drop the mic and run. And then when we made the decision, hey stay here now, I'm gonna have some time to relax, hang out my boys, and then and then and then go off.
Speaker 2: For the show, it really worked out better. Yeah, because we just made a decision. I mean, Jean's always good and and you you could have been with any any really Yeah, he usually puts the show with a premiere group.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you'll still be having a great time today and be part of it. And we could have done that, but you would have had to have left the show so early and so soon. You know, we made a decision. The show comes first. Yeah. Yeah, and and we we got we got it. We gotta do content. If you don't do a good show, the rest of it don't really matter that yeah, so so so we so we will we will do that. Uh and speed you will be teeing off later today and then uh and but but we've got the lineup pretty much as it's set up.
Speaker 5: I tell you what. There's a lot of deal on that ground out there.
Speaker 2: A lot of what got de lot of d look at this dew, Yeah that you like your breakfast here?
Speaker 5: It was it really was us donate that whole lot.
Speaker 2: You don't know, Roberts, you enjoyed it when ye Robert come back by them. But you you, you, you are in that extra large Rick Burgess show. Yeah you look a little time today. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. You should have cut the sleeves out of it. That's an under armored.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do what you gotta do. Yeah, I'm proud of everybody wearing their staff shirts. Yeah, I see, I see Greg Adler with dress jeans.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, it's all right.
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 2: You said you do slacks and clothes and you've got dress jeans. Yeah, we'll have to break that down here. So here, come here and.
Speaker 4: Let a.
Speaker 2: Good gosh. So Soler, let's let's talk about you.
Speaker 4: What you were You were preparing us that you were gonna shut up looking like Tiger Woods.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would have been awesome. Actually, black pants, red shirt, tiger red. I'm gonna do that next year. But then I got to.
Speaker 11: Thinking one next year.
Speaker 4: One year Rick wore.
Speaker 14: Like Captain America's shorts.
Speaker 2: It was John Daly's golf thing.
Speaker 14: It was American flag.
Speaker 2: Sure, and you know what I'm wearing for our.
Speaker 4: Big What is it?
Speaker 2: What is that big thing coming up? The two hundred and.
Speaker 14: Fifty years centenial?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had an emailer listens to the show Red, White and Blue overalls.
Speaker 14: Oh, it's great.
Speaker 2: So so you decided what well?
Speaker 14: And I thought Gary was gonna be sleeveless.
Speaker 6: And then I also got dressed in the dark this morning and I was like, these feel like pants, I'll.
Speaker 14: Put those on.
Speaker 4: Did you think you were getting slack?
Speaker 6: I didn't know what I was getting. Okay, I was so sweat shirt I was. I was so swimmy headed last night this morning, My goodness, what happened?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 14: Ruby woke me.
Speaker 6: Up and then you couldn't sleep, And then when it was time to wake up, that's when I got the most tired. And I'm like, buddy, you got to get out of bed in ten minutes.
Speaker 4: I felt real bad about calling you last night a little after dinner. Oh no, I called him. I called him for verification of this set up. And it was so much mania going on. Do you like I just talked through it. Being a dad that's raised kid, I just talked right through it.
Speaker 6: Yes, kids are like slamming frying pans, and you know, I mean it was mania, screaming, yelling, fighting, and then playing one second letter. I felt bad when I realized I thought you were up here maybe with like a man, you know, another man to help you, like your son's or something. And then you sent me a picture and you were like, what do you think of this here? And and then I see in the picture it's Terry and she's like going out.
Speaker 9: To eat looking clothes.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like, oh, you know, you didn't think speedy would have somebody moving to Tanton heels.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but y'all, this is so much better.
Speaker 6: I feel like with that behind us, it felt we felt like we were kind of cast to the side with it here.
Speaker 2: It's like we are were we owned this place, like you're right.
Speaker 4: When we were set up. We were set up over here. I didn't realize this behind us, And I know that's not what's in there. Dumpsters could have been in there, yes, trash cans. It is a good view of the meter and the meter, the power meter.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, when when our back starts burning, you know what, it's just what we do when that Alabama son hits our back.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got our face up right now a little. And he didn't need the headset back. But Gary, you didn't. You don't have a turkey call, do you? I was wondering, do you think you could call a turkey up out of the we think about that, you think maybe?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So so Adler's final decision apparent. It was black shorts and then and then a blue Rick Burgess Show shirt.
Speaker 6: My pants, Now these are these are my church jeans.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is your church but no collar. You decided to wear a T shirt?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I thought this was what y'all were gonna be wearing.
Speaker 2: What do you think this shirt is?
Speaker 14: I thought it's like Loud and Proud is logo. That is loud pro I'm here.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, buddy, thank you. On top of the hour.
Speaker 4: Hey, we have a special moment in the top of the next hour that you might not know about.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll be right back. Just take a look.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 5: From the.
Speaker 2: Well here we are live and don't okay, show you're ready? Who's ready?
Speaker 14: It's time pull the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Put your hands together, like put them together?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: So here we are beautiful Graystone Golf and Country Club, The Rick Burgers Show, The gang all here and we've got I mean still to come, Trent Dilferd, Taylor Hicks, Bo Jackson, Coaching Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tuberbull, Kaylin de Boor, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, Jamie Johnson, all still to come. Thank you for being with us today. Beautiful, beautiful day in Sweet Home, Alabama, our home state.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the one the Chamber of Commerce. If you're gonna be in May and we've had a lot of rain lately and it's good to see the sun come up.
Speaker 2: We got a dry day to day, So if you're coming out for the Drumming Company Celebrity program, you're in for a treat. Today should be a beautiful day, no issues whatsoever. We're on the Coca Cola patio overlooking this beautiful driving range and putting green. The region's tradition starts tomorrow, which is a major on the PGA Champions Tour. When we tell you that we're coming to you from Birmingham, well that is the that that is true. But to be real specific, we're in the city of Hoover. That's where we're located, and we have an honor today Hoover mayor, and you're with it. So I'm gonna say the name, right, Brocato, that's it. How'd you like bro Cato?
Speaker 15: Well, if we were in Italy, it would be Brocoto Brocotto. Since we're in Hoover, alabama's broke too.
Speaker 2: So tell me generationally, your family you're have you I know you've been here your whole life, I'm sure, but I mean, do you do you ever go back to Italy?
Speaker 15: Well, sure you I've been back a few times. Actually, our families from Sicily, but we're one of the oldest Italian families in Birmingham.
Speaker 3: We came in here.
Speaker 15: Oh, my family guy here probably in the eighteen.
Speaker 2: Nineties, the eighteen nineties.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Okay, pretty cool. So tell me a little bit because this is You're gonna love this. Being Italian, you're gonna absolutely love this. So we were getting ready to we went to Italy. I guess it's spent two years ago. Uh. So I was talking to friends of ours that my dad's offensive coordinator for practically his entire coaching career, with the exception of the very beginning, is Charles Maniscalco. So so at school with him, did you really did John Carroll? Yeah, Pat Sullivan all that? Yeah, yeah, all right, so you know Charles, well, yeah, so he and dad were, you know, coach together for years, and so we were going to UH and so I thought, well, I got to talk to a maniscalco about what I need to do, and we're going to go to Florence, Rome and Tuscany. So so we were we were excited, and so I said, tell me what I need to do, what I don't need to do. Where's the places I need to eat and these different places we would be and he just stopped and he said, oh, you can't mess it up. He said, you go eat anywhere. He said, even if a guy's waving you into some little small thing he goes, which would probably be the best, he goes. Just go sit down at the table. The Italians don't miss food up, he said, He said, everywhere you eat, it's gonna be great. Now you go.
Speaker 15: It was you go to Europe and if you miss if you missed the Italian food, you didn't really go to Europe.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fantastic. So so you you obviously have been in Hoover for for how long?
Speaker 15: Well, you know, I started on the fire departiament in nineteen seventy three, wow, and I was there forty two years. That's where I spent my career. And uh, a year after I retired, I was elected as the mayor. And I've been here nine for nine years.
Speaker 2: Nine years, nine years. Well Hoover, for those of you around the country that may not know this, Hoover is. I mean, I happen in city. Now, your your city map is is difficult to follow it, and you know, it's it's it's got you. You think you're in Hoover, and then you realize I'm not in Hoover, that I'm back in Hoover. I'm in Hoover again, you know. And then but it's you told me. You and I met each other at at a luncheon here not too long ago, and you told me that the Rick Burgess Show, Studios, Big Vox Entertainment, we're in Hoover, Hoover out of How about that. I love it, Yes, yes, yeah, And of course I live not far. I'm just out of Hoover in a township, but still the same. I mean, I literally drive into Hoover, you know as you're you'll be happy to know to shop, you'll eat what it's all about. But big box entertainment. We're paying taxes to Hoover all the mountain.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 2: So you can say we are the home of the region's tradition.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 2: We are the home of the SEC Baseball tournament, but which, by the ways, next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's many other things. And and you are also the home of the Rick Bergers Show.
Speaker 15: And we're very proud of that, I bet you some days we're always proud of that, exactly.
Speaker 2: So, so uh, tell us about I mean, when you have these kind of events going on. And of course one of the things I've noticed too is the new sports complex you guys have put together out by the Hoover met My goodness, I mean that's been bringing in tournaments and of every kind. What a what a what a first class operation that is? And how long is that been an operation?
Speaker 15: Now? So that actually cranked up right in my first year of operation. The Fendly Center was built. You know, that road stopped about nine years ago, stopped at the last entrance to the met. And when you go out there now and it's just totally transformed, the businesses that are out there, the homes that are out there, just kind of remarkable. And we've been able to build that complex of Hoover met Complex into one of the major sports tourisms in the South, really, particularly for youth baseball and volleyball and soccer, those two across across that whole thing. But it's not that I live out there, Rick, and I'll when I run, I may run past one of the baseball fields, and you know, if I see somebody out there, go and talk to them. And I ran up one morning and gentlemen was the coach and said, where you're from. So we're from Boston, you know, high school kids down there playing baseball. We seen from California. This travel ball is really big. So we have about nine hundred thousand people is what they estimate come through that complex every year and has about a ninety million dollar economic impact on the metropolitan area. So it's it's not only good for Hoover, but it's good.
Speaker 2: For all of them.
Speaker 4: So why would somebody in your position, you work with the fire department all those years, serving the community, why in the world would you want to be.
Speaker 2: Mayor Well, you know, I.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know you you worked, you know in a in a city government situation obviously, so did you did you feel this was a call in your life?
Speaker 2: Is this something you'd always did?
Speaker 15: I mean, I knew guys thirty years ago that one day I wanted to be the mayor.
Speaker 3: I wanted to at least run for the mayor of Hoover.
Speaker 15: And what's interesting, the city of Hoover started out of the little Hoover Volunteer Fire Department. A lot of people don't realize that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 15: I think I'm the fifth mayor that came out of the Hoover Volunteer Fire Department.
Speaker 3: Of course when I went to work and.
Speaker 15: Became a full time paid department, But I always had that aspiration.
Speaker 3: I worked with.
Speaker 15: I think I've worked with every mayor that's been with the City of Hoover at one time or another. There, so you see how things are done, you see how you really like a lot of things, and you see some things that you like to change, and you feel like you can contribute. And that's how That's exactly how it was, and I wanted to keep serving our city. I've been here my entire life, especially my entire adult life. So that's why you know the fire service, it prepares.
Speaker 3: You for a job like this. You would not believe because different kinds of fires.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, you got virus to put out every day every day. This is mayor of Brocado, the mayor of Hoover, Alabama. That's where we're located here at Greystone Golfing country Club. When this turned it's always been a big event, but when it became a major h that was a game changer. That's bringing more people in than ever.
Speaker 15: Well it is, and again we love to showcase our city. And I mean not just Hoover, but the metro, the Birmingham metropolitan area as well. We have a wonderful city here. This whole metro is great. The hospitality is fantastic. And when you talk about other than hospitality, I don't think anybody does it any better than.
Speaker 2: Us, do you know? You know, to me, there's Southern hospitality and then there's Alabama that's exactly, and then there's Birmingham.
Speaker 15: And I and I really think when when you talk about the SEC Baseball alternat, that's a biggie. That is why we have the SEC Baseball turna because our folks, our citizens, turn out, our employees at city Hall.
Speaker 3: It's like the event of the year.
Speaker 15: They turn out and they want to sell the city and they want to make sure everybody, no matter where they're from, that they're going to have a great time.
Speaker 2: Well, you experience this all the time. We do too in our line of work, because we have a lot of guests that are coming through, a lot of clients from different places, and it's almost there's almost no exception. The people who've never been here, they're always you can tell and I'll go ahead and say it, and they're like, this is not what I expect now, and uh, and they're blown away by really sometimes, which is a secret of how how wonderful it is to actually be here. And I tell people all the time, you can go to a Sacks fifth Avenue and then you I have twenty five minutes and you can be down there at to farm, you know, in a completely different culture. You know, you don't have to drive forest. All these different cultures all living together, and like you said, at the heart of it all is that that Southern hospitality. So yeah, I noticed when you said the SEC Baseball tournament next week. I just I did it up, just did a men's thing in Omaha, Nebraska, and how they have that whole place built around the College World Series and for Hoover, the SEC Baseball Tournament. It feels like that when it's here. You know, the whole city revolves around that. For those days where it's going on with people hosting people from all over.
Speaker 15: Well, you know, every city in the Southeastern Conference footprint wants that tournament. And the Vanderbilt coach, Coach Corbyn, he told me one day, said the two greatest venues in college baseball are the World Series in Omaha, Nebraska and the SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover, Alabama. How about that, he said, you don't need to it needs to stay here. And I thought that's big. I mean because every.
Speaker 2: After it all and I thought we were going to lose it at one point, Well, you guys did a good job of keeping we did.
Speaker 15: We put we put a twenty three million dollar renovation over the last three years to the Hoover met is completely transformed. I think people are going to be blown away with what they see. I'm really excited about the city stepping up and doing those things. Our city council stepping up and you know, taking the initiative to let us do those types of things. But well it's a great event for everybody, and we're proud to host. Well you make us proud.
Speaker 2: You guys are a great host, and thank you for hosting us today and come in and giving us a welcome here on the show. And it was great to get to meet you at at the luncheon the other day. That was a lot of fun. And wish you nothing but continue success and thank you for the work you've already done.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: There he is the mayor of Hoover. Brocado is in the house and and he's saying, hello, Oh.
Speaker 4: Well, you're supposed to give me the key to the city.
Speaker 2: I left it in the car.
Speaker 4: Did you really?
Speaker 2: I mean speak You said you have this special presentation, and I was I didn't want to ask for it.
Speaker 15: I got so excited about being on the show.
Speaker 3: I forgot it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll walk out to the parking lot.
Speaker 3: You I could be that.
Speaker 4: I sit here and hoo right, can go bring it.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Stay closed.
Speaker 2: You got the rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burger's Show.
Speaker 2: The Rick Burgers show on location. Here we are gangs all here, Speedy Greg Adler, Gary is here if you want to come out, you know, I mean, Gary's hanging out with us today and we're going to be rolling through lots of folks that are dropping by. And here he is. Trendill has made his way over to the Coca Cola patio and coach, Uh, what a pleasure to see you again.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know there's a lot going on, is I don't have to tell you that it's it's active. You are you decided to take on college football. Yeah, at the time when college football was changing the most in our lifetimes, and and you said this is all you would ever know. I remember when we interviewed you about that. So it won't be that big adjustment for me. It is a it's the wild, wild West out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe the only regret I have it saying that I was going to ask you how you feel about that? Note it is my norm.
Speaker 16: It's the only thing I know. I would not say. It's not a big deal, you know, it's it has been two and a half years of trying to kick a field goal with a goal post moving in a three hundred and sixty degree circle at Miles Prower. You know, you just you don't know where to aim, and trying to figure out where to aim and how to find solutions to everyday challenges has been you can look at our record, I haven't done it very well, you know. So this year was really kind of a resetting year and saying, okay, you know what, if we don't know where the goalpost is, what do we know and what can we settle in on and what is my lifetime in football? Taught me that should hold true regardless of the chaos of college football. So cover resetting, and you know, I regret the last two years for our fan base and for institution, for the players. Personally, it's been great. You know, personally, I wouldn't change it for the world because it's taught me so much and it's humbled me, and it's allowed me to see football and development and coaching and leadership through a different lens, which I think was valuable at this stage of my life.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this. One of the things when you look at the way it's set up now, and there's got to be changes. We got to have some kind of structure. I think we all agree with that. Hopefully some of the opportunities, just like Saban may get maybe he can get in there and get some things done, so you guys can have some structure, because it seems to be like we're making it up as we go back to your analogy about the go post you as a coach, getting to know you, interviewing you, listening to you. You're in it to also have an impact on young men beyond football. It feels like to me, that's harder than ever now because you don't know how long you got them. They jump and go, somebody comes in. There's constant revolving. There's a side of coaching that that's difficult, but there's also the trying to be the influence to these athletes that many times you're either the second most influential man in their life, are you're the most influential man in their life based on their situation with their earthly father? Is that just harder than ever?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 16: But it's as rewarding as every Okay, true, you know I think that, And and this is gonna be hard for some people understand, Like there's gonna be players that we have touch points with while they're at UAB that don't experience this great connection with me or the staff. Right, it happens, but they're gonna be introduced to something that's different in their life and they're gonna they're gonna at some point come back to that. It's been amazing even so far after you know, my first year's group, how many players have come back to me since I didn't get it at the time, but now I get it as I'm actually going out into manhood okay and realizing the challenges out there. The lessons you were trying to teach us through football.
Speaker 2: Can you can you reboot those lessons for me?
Speaker 4: Coach?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 16: And I've had a lot of times in my office where ex players have come in.
Speaker 2: And asked for that time.
Speaker 16: So, you know, the one thing about money that's interesting. Money makes you more of what you were before.
Speaker 2: You got it. So everybody list amplifies it.
Speaker 16: Everybody listening may it amplifies whatever you were, whatever your character was, whatever your habits were. It's going to amplify whatever they are. So we're kind of using this opportunity where they're starting to make some money. It's scary because many of them have very poor habits and don't have great character, and we're scared of they'll make it more of that, but we're using as a teaching opportunity. We really built the program this year around this mantra of be a pro and it's not a pro football player.
Speaker 2: We have very few that will be pro football players, but we have all of.
Speaker 16: Them that will be pro earners or as we're talking about, being pro husbands or pro fathers. So developing professional habits, developing a professional lifestyle, developing professional accountability. We believe by doing that they'll also play more professional style football. You know, we've lost for two years, not because of talent, because of horrible decision making on the football field, you know, just knucklehead stuff. We've lost more games, We've lost more games, given way more games. We've been beat and you know that to me, that's like sind number one in football. You know, the only success I had in the NFL was because I quote unquote managed. You know, learn how to win. You learn how to win in sports, and we have not learned how.
Speaker 2: To win yet. So developing more professional approach to.
Speaker 16: The building and our players taken more professional approach to how they live their lives.
Speaker 2: And how they play football should equate to win. So we've only got about forty seconds real quick, have you changed the way? Are you more concerned with transfer a portal? Are going trying to find that hoskool player? I mean, how do you balance those too?
Speaker 16: We would rather live in the high school world, but we don't have a choice sometimes. You know, we've developed a lot of really good players. You know, one of the things people question me about was recruiting, and I said that figure it out, right, We figured it out. I mean we've we've recruited and developed fourteen players that have started with us and now are getting paid massive money by schools above us. Right, So that's proof that we know how to recruit.
Speaker 2: And now we're being punished right for something we do well, people just coming to pick them back.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So we got to find a balance and we're not getting punished for doing something well. Stay in the high school space and then supplement our roster with the portal.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Alex, I said, let's say, if we can't get that go post in one position, I would love that.
Speaker 4: Thank you great to see it.
Speaker 2: That's our pleasure trend to do it from Super Bowl Champion and the head football coach for UAB the Blazers. We'll come back. There's still much more happening. He's gonna go out and warm up a little bit.
Speaker 4: So if you can't have a pugging around today, more live from Greystone.
Speaker 2: You got the Rick Birderr Show. Thanks for being with us. We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This is the week Burgis Show.
Speaker 2: We're back live and on location today and as we call it, a beautiful chaos. Adler's grabbing all kinds of footage. You'll see that. Come to the YouTube channel. Speedy's taking pictures and trying to get stuff on social media. Greg is not participating in social media at all, as is the North.
Speaker 4: Did you do something, Greg? We'll have to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's so proud.
Speaker 4: All right, So that's just the beginning we want to So we've had the mayor of Hoop come by or scary S already made that awkward to welcome us.
Speaker 2: How about Less Bradford with Iron Heel Press just showed up, the publisher of the new book Men Don't Run in the Rain Yep. He's brought us some copies out here for us to slide over to some of our guests today. If you have not ordered your copy, they're going briskly. If you want an autograph copy for Father's Day, you know, the book's available everywhere, but if you want to sign copy. And he just told me that I'm about to go over to the studios when this is over after the Wednesday Bible Study today, which is on today, we'll be a chapter thirteen I think today in the Book of Job on the Wednesday Bible Study. So that's no one. We'll do that to say. After that, he told me that I am signing three hundred and twenty books today. Oh, get that risk ready. So that's those of you that have already used the signed option. I'm signing those today. You'll get them in play any of time. I saw yesterday they shipped out one hundred and fifty books yesterday and then there's they've got it, there's a there's there's still hundreds of orders they've got to ship out. So uh, yesterday was a big, a big response. Thank you for that and looking forward to all of you reading it or listening to it because the audio is available. To remember, the audio is not going to be everywhere because all the audio platforms Unfortunately they don't all start on the same day. But I've had people saying, hey, I've got it on Spotify with my Spotify membership, Hey I got it on something called chirp. Apple has got it, and then Audible will have it soon if they don't already, which I don't think they do. But anyway, so it's available and you can go get it. If you want it. To get a sign copy, you need to use the link that we have on Rick Burgess Show dot com, Themanchurch dot com, our Burgessministries dot com. That link offers you now when you click that link, and and I've learned that we have to do these kind of things. This may sound elementary, but I had an email yesterday, so did I signed? Did I click the signed link? Well, when when you click the link, it says do you want to sign copy or do you just want a copy? So so those two options were there. So follow those prompts and we could not be more excited about that. As a matter of fact, the mayor of Hoover was just talking about stories about Dad a minute ago. Uh and and with his copy. So so anyway, go grab that while it's there. So, speaking of the mayor. Mm hmm, Gary, Well, I didn't know, come on, Gary, he has I.
Speaker 5: Just wanted a picture with I thought it was Paul Fine PM what Paul.
Speaker 2: Who Fine Farm? Fine Farm? It's fine Bomb. Paul fine Bomb. Thought he thought the mayor.
Speaker 4: Was Paul This is that back that that that he did not, kind of like when gets prepared every ball, guy's not me. Gary's over and I look and Coach Deal like, yeah, I'm sitting there like you speedy, and I think, well, it's nice that Gary wants to have his picture made with the mayor of Hoover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of Gary from Clint, Yeah, Gary from Clinn Hoover. I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And he's like, I was kind of excited to get a picture with Paul Fine Fine and I was like, that's not a bomb. The mayor of Hoover, the only one.
Speaker 2: And he can't whisper either. Oh gosh, He's like j T. He can't whisper, so he's so loud.
Speaker 4: Was the mayor clearly heard fine Bomb before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I imagine he's heard it several times.
Speaker 4: I did, Okay, Rick, come and find out he thought that guy was robber and it wasn't even robber.
Speaker 2: Completely, this is our day started. Our our maks were all too hot, and all we heard was Gary going, hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, this is the seventh segment, and three of them he has we had issues.
Speaker 2: Well I knew, I knew this was not a good idea.
Speaker 4: No, So in the break, as you said on my Instagram story, I'm trying to update the timeline of you know, the day we guessed and and different pictures, and so the three of us took one and trying to get the two of them on know how to repost a story on Instagram. You should have seen it. Finally, I said, give me your phone? Did you try to give me your phone? Think of Gary and Greg altogether huddled up, okay, trying to tell them how to how to repost. Gary saw me do mine. Then he got a little jealous. Yeah, he said, tell me how, Well, I got a problem. You just showed Greg and Gary to what used the story? Yes, yeah, yeah, you know how sometimes if you're tagged in a story, you can put it on your story. And they didn't know how to do that. You know, well, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't fool them stories stuff anyway.
Speaker 2: You don't put full of them story stuff anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just Instagram only.
Speaker 5: I just in.
Speaker 4: That is Instagram. It is Instagram.
Speaker 5: That is story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like it's just a little little, little, a little Hey, this is the location.
Speaker 2: Check, this is what's.
Speaker 4: Going on right now?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Are you speeding?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm great man, I'm having a guy I'm having a great time. You're gonna have to work your butt off today. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just going to tell you. I want you to know. There's a coach right there. Okay, hey, hey, go what time is he down for? He's down for twenty minutes in the next hour.
Speaker 4: Oh wow early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so which you probably means that time's gonna change. Yeah, I'm sure it is.
Speaker 6: But uh but we'll be fine. But I want you to know. I want you to thinking out loud. When you think something, you don't have to say it. Why is coach walking like that? He can hear you? He looked over to the right.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't know prostat to give you a limb. Okay, hey, all right, so it's where relationships I think I'm not stated the health.
Speaker 2: Well you're you must be reading my mind, all right, So.
Speaker 4: Gary, go get that hat. We'll get coach Freese.
Speaker 5: Free my son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So why are he walking like this? Just so loud?
Speaker 2: So I just don't get it.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't think I could hear us.
Speaker 4: No, there's two things, but just because your headphones.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had somebody talk loud because their headphones are on, That's what he's doing. They don't have headphones. He was also so close to us. I wouldn't need a rock to hit him. Hit him with a noodle.
Speaker 5: I told him, I.
Speaker 4: Thought he was gonna shake my hand or one time, rolled up paper towel.
Speaker 2: Well, he'll be on. Hey, he'll be on. He said, he's gonna be on. Okay, thanks for declaring how other people feel. He was built a little better. Here we go and so so we're just everybody walked by. I wouldn't walk by, this said if I if you paid me money, can I take? Can I tell you what you are doing? To on?
Speaker 4: What's this guy doing right here?
Speaker 2: Don't look look? Don't look kid regretting the touching. Absolutely, it's so loud. He can hear your shouting. You're shouting.
Speaker 4: There's guys at the driving range looking over here going.
Speaker 2: He thought I'm making an NBA. All right, so they had a shot. I had a shot was pretty good in high school. Heard in college. Uh so the uh what you're.
Speaker 4: Talking about now here?
Speaker 2: You're telling me being unsure where he is?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: So, but I want you to know this speedy and I've been. It just happened.
Speaker 4: I have our experiences. There's so many more interviews to go.
Speaker 2: This thing where y'all leave me on interview and then y'all go over and whole court. I can hear you over talking. Did you hate?
Speaker 4: It's like it's the two of them. They so listen, it's the two of them. I can't control.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting here trying to concentrate on any you and everybody I want to hang out with over talking.
Speaker 4: Do you don't want do you won't want us to sit here and doing it? Do you stay sit together?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not no, but no, that's not saying, hey, you want to smoke a cigarette, play with gas, buddy, it's okay, greet mcffe stupid mocrophone.
Speaker 2: Well you can turn it up. Well I don't. Here's what I want you to know. Here's what I want you to know.
Speaker 4: Coach.
Speaker 2: Coach got to be here and I want you to know somethingcause you need this.
Speaker 4: I'm good, yeah, real hot, right, Jeremy, I'm good, okay, okay, good.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna have to work today. I know it already already what I'm doing, right, So you know how sometimes you get a pre game tired. Yeah, oh so this is how it's gonna be, you know, and you start going, okay, so are you know you want to be part of it? Spread out yourself. Leave me an interviewing somebody, and y'all completely leave me. And the people that I really wish I was hanging out with, they're over having fun. Oh hey, Derek there, we were having a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they must be easy deep breakfast when you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 5: What time they gonna start selling cocktails?
Speaker 2: What in the world is what am I gonna do with him?
Speaker 4: It's I say this time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: We've been here an hour in forty five minutes. Gary, We're we're so early in this day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that it's rare that open the beer cooler. Yeah, fourteen of you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gary, Now, if if, if, if it works out, Taylor Hicks should be round in the corner or we'll have Hugh Freeze.
Speaker 2: I don't know which one.
Speaker 4: It's fine, yeah, oh no, I'm good. And I just want you to know these two right here are grown men. You don't have to have to talk to me to talk to them, Okay, I need you.
Speaker 2: To get on them a little bit. Did Flarry Huh?
Speaker 5: I ain't done.
Speaker 4: You had done? Called the mayor of Hooper, Paul Fine fomb Yeah, and Robert came by you shut show down.
Speaker 8: He was the Wick Show.
Speaker 4: We're back, coming to you live today on location beautiful Graystone Golfing Country Club.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful day in Sweet Home, Alabama. The Drumming Company Celebrity Pro Am Today. We're live here on the Coca Cola patio. What a view we have. The sun is up, we're chilling. Regions tradition starts tomorrow a major on the PGA Champions Tour. Meet a lot of the pros today and they'll be playing with us, some celebrities as well in the pro am. Now, when we're starting that process speedy, Now that I know, it makes you nervous because now you have the gas that are supposed to be on and then you know they don't show up on time then one starts spilling into the other one, and then before you know what, you got an ensemble. I want to go practice and people want to get out there and hit you know, we're only two interviews in.
Speaker 4: Now we're already I think this. I thought this was a step out when when he contacted me yesterday.
Speaker 2: You speak of Taylor Hicks. Now Taylor Hicks love Taylor wanted to be wrong. And I do believe when those that maybe you know, maybe you're not known for the early morning thing. I think when they commit to being here, they mean it at the time the evening hasn't started. Uh, they haven't gotten that that part of their day hadn't you there there in the afternoon. They still feel like that they're gonna, you know, go to bed at a decent time. You know, they're gonna get up at a decent time. And then that kind of just goes away. They don't do it. So if you know, you're a concert with your son, right Greg, so, and really I think they all need to suck it up. If Greg can go do a show yesterday, fixed Mama's car, which is still coming on the show, and then go to a little league game and go to a concert and still be here at the time we get here. Then, Greg, you got you shouldn't feel bad for anybody.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how you doing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: I get we all commit stuff and yeah, especially like you said, you a musician. Yeah, musicians normally if you schedule them earlier, it just does not work.
Speaker 2: All right, So listen, you don't sound tired at all. Great, Yeah, you're great, You're doing great. You've been holding court. Yeah, it's just to be normal day. Yeah, just normal day and the life of Greg Burgess. You know. Can I tell you this all of us has been You've been doing this for a long time too. Okay, what you do today is important when this show, when this is over, how you recover and get back it's big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't put two days back to bed. I'm gonna go to bed decent hour. Will y'all be in bed when I turned going to the back nine? Yes, yeah, may not be officially in bed, but I will be asleep sitting up on the couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I promise I should call Taylor and go, hey, where you are?
Speaker 4: Well heard, Dave? Bump your tea time back a little five?
Speaker 2: Can I say this to you? Speedy what's gonna happen now? Because I know I know, and the next one too.
Speaker 4: But now, like we're getting this email right here, for the love of all that's good and kind, please have more live on location shows.
Speaker 2: Y'all are killing them.
Speaker 4: I've always liked that. Uh, it's the chaos, I think is what people like because it makes them uncomfortable to hear what all is going on and know that you're uncomfortable. You got Gary over there kick too much about it and then there you go. Uh, and so we'll see how it plays out. But now we got Bow next, and here's what's gonna happen. You know, we're gonna have Taylor Freeze and Bow while standing alls in here wanting to get the go get it done.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna do on my hand of the mic and go over there and start talking to y'all. Can I ask you the uncomfortable? Yeah, what's gonna go out there when the guests arrive. It's it's pretty much me at that point. It's it's adlering me documented and I'm doing it and everybody else just go off a goops.
Speaker 4: Off and don't you kind of wish you kind of hanging with him. We don't want to yeah, and get in your interview, right, yeah, more if we chime in with something here, that's right?
Speaker 2: Would you like me want of us to just sit here though? No, no, I don't need that. No, that's fine. Now, then that'll strut bothering, because then I'll think you want to be involved.
Speaker 4: You can't win. Quit looking for Taylor's speed. He's quit looking for Taylor's We've got four minutes in a segment. So here, here comes, here comes a real won't be here either.
Speaker 2: Here here's a real uncomfortable question for you, speedy, okay, and it's crazy uncomfortable, huh, which is why I can't wait to say it. Okay, will you bump Taylor? Yeah? Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you do that when he walks up? It's going to be uncomfortable because I'm gonna tell you something. I was like, this is where I pulled Greg in for some reason, I feel like he supports me.
Speaker 2: And I said, Greg, let's go talk to Taylor. Bo Jackson, we can do that. Bo Jackson is not gonna be here at his time. Taylor is already missing his time, and then Hugh Freeze is gonna walk out and sit down. See the pro move would have been, I know, freezes in there and grab him now I know, but but you also want to re people and let him have some coffee and eat and and you know, because they hadn't done nothing wrong. You know how good that food is. What would is somebody come in and say, hey, can you come?
Speaker 4: What? What if you, by the way, the bacon here's perfect?
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I stopped eating those craft the dog kind of took that away from that. But but I'm gonna say this, Would you be willing to put Hugh Freeze in bow spot if he's not here? Yes?
Speaker 4: I think at top of the hour, once it gets to be three after that's when we're going in. We're going in and going hey, coach, could you go a little early? But you know Bo and Freeze have been on together before. Yeah. But see, I think that that's chaos and not a good way.
Speaker 2: It is for us because we'll be over it. Because I feel like I feel like this. I feel like the people have to share their interview they think. So I stopped by it and I got to say one thing right, and you got to equally distribut which it's hard to do. If you're having a conversation at least to something else, you're not doing it on purpose.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be fun to watch from over there though. I love Taylor Hills outstanding. I love Taylor Hicks. But in the interviewers situation, Yeah, so Bo the world's greatest athlete. You know this, this is a coach tell us about the team. I mean, sec you know, the playoff we had the first year of the playoffs, and Taylor got any new songs. Taylor has a lot going on, I know, but it's it's a I love Taylor. I'm just talking about the transition out there. I just wanted to get to Taylor. I told us you could actually have bow and Hugh and tie them into at least Auburn, Yeah, you know, and in the state of college football. But then if you got Taylor Hickson there, he's a musician, how to tie him in? You got a song about the playoff, I mean your theme songs on Paul Fine bomb and Gary got his picture made with him a minute ago.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately it was the mayor hoof Yeah, appreciate you. But do you want to meet both? Do you want to meet Bo Jackson? Something, go ahead, He just said, no.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry to interrupt, but look how Jack that dude is what he must work out. See the guy by the car right there, Look at that, bro, he is Jack.
Speaker 6: Look at that Brode looking at that he's he's done it. Probably one of the most jacked guys I've ever seen my entire life.
Speaker 2: So we're live on the airline.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it might not seem like it, but we're lying.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: But the uh, well have you been jack, y'all don't have any recognized Travis Perry. Yes, buddy the guitar buddy. Yes, yes, he's also the highest buddy cord buddy guy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he'll be with a J and and good a. Actually he can ask Taylor Hicks why he was late because he'll be with him today.
Speaker 2: Are we just gonna let Adlerta say, grab the headset, say my turn to talk? And he points us to row to another man who happens to be black, who he calls bro. He says, if you've seen that bro, he's Jack.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it seems so nonchalant that Travis Perry thought we were all fair, because it looked like we were just looking down out here talking about that. You're right, it doesn't Oh there he is there, Taylor kidding. Every time I see somebody gray headed, I think is gray headed persons. But he quit looking. You got a minute and a half left. If he's here, you can't even get him.
Speaker 14: I don't see color, so I don't know what you all are talking about.
Speaker 4: That guy is jack.
Speaker 2: You see there's some nice vehicles out here by the way too.
Speaker 14: That's all I want to say. Here's your head, So thanks, thanks adding for.
Speaker 2: Pointing out another man who's jacked Yeah, that was your hand. Maybe Gary, he kind of got he kind of got to up with that jacked up feller over there.
Speaker 4: What what is he saying?
Speaker 2: Gary? Gary now breaks down addlers and hey, listen, I've never been so thankful for the break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never, okay, and I just want to apologize to you. It's out of control here and I don't know where anybody is.
Speaker 5: I just love making fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah people, all right? So uh so now you're just were predicted.
Speaker 2: We're off schedule now and you're gonna have to bump Taylor hits and it's gonna be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, love Taylor. We'll just give him a bro hug. As Adler would say.
Speaker 8: This, here's the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: I didn't good to.
Speaker 9: See you, sir well Gilcus. All right, the Rick Bird, Thank you so much.
Speaker 15: Broadcasting from the re World.
Speaker 2: With Speedy, Greg Andler.
Speaker 3: And Rick Berge.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, America, It's time for the show.
Speaker 17: Welcome to the Man Birdchest Show.
Speaker 2: Broadcast from.
Speaker 4: Buckaluba.
Speaker 5: It's time.
Speaker 2: Well today we're on location, coming to you live from Graystone Golfing Country Club, Hoover, Alabama, just outside of Birmingham.
Speaker 4: Here in Sweet Home, Alabama. What a beautiful day today the Drumming Company Celebrity Program.
Speaker 2: We're in the Coca Cola patio overlooking the driving range and the putting green. It's a nice setup. Region's tradition starts tomorrow, which is a major on the Champions Tour. And coach Hugh Freese Auburn University, thank you for giving us a little time to visit again today. How you been been good?
Speaker 18: May's a good month you know for forrests comparatively to a lot of months. You actually get to, you know, do some things with your family and go to the lake or you know, it's unfortunate for your assistant coaches.
Speaker 9: They're still on the road crew.
Speaker 18: The head coaches Kent and your current team is in discretionary time, so you can't be with them. So but I get to do some events like this and and and be with family a decent amount of May until we start these official visits next weekend, which I don't.
Speaker 9: Know why I did that. That's pretty crazy. Waits a June on that, but I guess you just have to just give in to it.
Speaker 2: But it's it's good to see. I do want to thank you for I know how you're pulled in so many different directions and making time to be at the Man Church conference in Birmingham back in January. I can't tell you the number of or was that February anyway, it was the first quarter. I think it was the end of January.
Speaker 9: I think it was the end of Jane, right right at the end of the recruiter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I got so many men that you know, we're giving me feedback. You know, we had men come from seventeen different states, and you know, I guess you know, when when they think, okay, they put a coach in the line up, how's that gonna go?
Speaker 9: And that it's gonna be some cookie cutter script.
Speaker 2: I'm standing there and at one point I go is coach singing and you start singing to him, and there's a fountain. Yeah, there's a fountain. The message impacted a lot of guys. So thank you for that, and I appreciate you taking time to be with us. And we saw, as I let you know later, huge response.
Speaker 9: Well, all I want to say about that is I just hope it.
Speaker 18: I hope it comes across as as the intent is, and that is that I'm.
Speaker 9: Just a fellow struggler that.
Speaker 18: That understands grace and needed daily and I think more people need to hear that. And having grandkids and going through you know, a diagnosis of sickness and you know that they tell me I'm sick.
Speaker 9: I don't feel sick.
Speaker 18: But you know, I tell you what, when you have grandkids and you start seeing them run to you with just zero fear, I mean, just total trust, that is the way God wants us.
Speaker 9: To come to him.
Speaker 18: And we we we fall into so many lives so many times that we don't do that because we know more than anybody that we.
Speaker 9: Don't measure up. But that's not the way he sees it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: We were just whing you said that before you came on here. You know, we talk about all these platforms and all these things, and you know, hey, you get some people get elevated to what people God's not really impressed by it. But but Adam and I were just talking about this the quicker. You realize that at the foot of the cross, everybody's the same, just the same. We all are in the same equal need of mercy and grace at the foot of the cross every day.
Speaker 9: And yeah, so.
Speaker 2: So how are you doing? It was pretty public.
Speaker 18: Share now, Jill and I made a decision to share, you know, instead of you know, I think there's a platform for that and hopefully it inspires me into women alike to just there's certain things that I think we can you know, be ahead of.
Speaker 2: We're talking about cancer, Yeah, prostate cancer, cancer, and you just had the surgery, right.
Speaker 18: I have not yet yet, I'm not. It's we have decided through obviously, we've we've included doctors that we have great wisdom.
Speaker 9: But it's cult really early.
Speaker 18: So I do believe that January will be the the time where we start the treatment, whether it's removal which I think that's what it will be. But they don't really see a difference in hey, if you do something here in June, because if you look at my schedule, it's like, but you feel okay, I don't feel bad at all other than the old back, you know, you know so, But as far as I have no signs that didn't you know, it was just a routine bloodsheck that some a p s a titch up, which is in my family, my brother and father. So that's why it went a step further. But you know, we're we're praying, and Jill's kind of changed our diet some and we'll see what the MRI says in January.
Speaker 9: If it's still there, then we'll start.
Speaker 18: You know, January February is probably the best month if you're going to do something like that for me, because February is dead and I can have time to recover.
Speaker 2: Well, the statement I saw from you that I really and you're exactly right when you got the diagnosis or whatever, there's all kinds of things we face. You said, well, I guess now it's time for me to live what I actually says. You know, it's one thing to say it and you know, you know, but when when God allows the situation that says, okay, big man, you know you still trust me? Now?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Are you going? Are you going to continue to glorify me even when you're kind of I put you in a little bit of the rest, you know, as the scriptures tell us, this says the testing of the genuine of your faith?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Look, the one thing that I believe God is trying to teach me more than anything is to does he have my absolute yes to whatever he sees fit for my story?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 18: And does he have my absolutely when you put it on the table, because there's not you go look in Hebrews eleven at the Hall of Fame of faith. Every one of them had suffering trials and none of us want that. But does he have my yes to? Because whatever we experience here doesn't compare to the glory that one day we will and so it does he have my yes too?
Speaker 9: All right? You want me to go through prostate cancer? Yes? You know what do you want me to go through?
Speaker 18: And whatever my next phase of coaching, my answer is yes, Is it yes?
Speaker 9: Or is it not?
Speaker 18: So that's that's kind of where I'm I'm trying to get there wholeheardly.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to ask you that I guess we should talk a little bit about football, and I was not near as important, but that yes got put on the table. Are you are you?
Speaker 4: Have you gotten to the point when the whole lands Cape college football turned upside down?
Speaker 2: And you're like, wow? So when I gave that yes, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it doesn't know all that it is the wild.
Speaker 2: Wild West right now? And are you? I talked to coach Dill for a minute ago. He said, I thought I would have an advantage since this is all I know. It turned out to even be more difficult than I could ever imagine. He described it as a goalpost that keeps moving. You're trying to kick a fil go and every time you look at go post somewhere else. Are you getting a feel of it? Have you gotten in the rhythm?
Speaker 9: No, there's no way to until because it keeps change. All we just.
Speaker 18: Begged for is coaches, is please please somebody congress this judge with the settlement, Can we just please get some structure that all of us have the same structure and that that's all. If we could just get something like that that includes here is the salary, cap. Yes, you have outside nil opportunities. We'll worry about who qualifies for that through a law firm. Let them do it. And here is a contract that is uniform across college football that is honored, where if we could just get that structure in place where you know, if you sign a kid, we're not making them sign this, We're giving them a blessing, but they have to honor that or somebody has to.
Speaker 9: Pay that back, just like coaches.
Speaker 18: If we're gonna do revenue sharing, and then if we just all had the same cap, then I think you're gonna see great parody and it's gonna be a very interesting thing. But right now, you've got teams that are you know, I hear crazy numbers of some and I don't know who's true, but I'm here and that there's some that are front loaded where teams are gonna be up in the thirty to forty million range, and that's not sustainable for ninety five percent of us. And I think it's gonna really hurt our sport. And so we're just begging, I know, the administrations of our ads taking a lead in it, trying hard to get but we really need this settlement to get done so that we at least, I mean, right now, we can't. We were on a text strand yesterday with the head coaches in our league and heck, we don't even know what our squad size is. And it's and it's and here we are and in going toward late May.
Speaker 4: Yeah you kind of know that, don't you. Yeah, Well, thanks for taking time to come by.
Speaker 2: I know you got a lot going on, and it's always a pleasure I always enjoyed.
Speaker 18: I thought you were quitting this. I thought you're retiring, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just getting started.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: We had the thirty one years and loved all that that stuff. I've been doing over forty years now, and I got this opportunity and we're having a blast.
Speaker 9: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So thanks for being always a pleasure man. Yeah, me too. We'll be right back up, y'all stay with us.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Lurgis Show.
Speaker 2: We're back on location and as a lot of you have all been emailing and commenting on social media, it is as we predicted, a erratic it's chaos, there's uncertainty, and of course that's led to some solid gold moments today. So let me let me hit you something you need to know right now about a Helix Sleep dot com slash Big Box. Now, if you slept on a mattress last night, there was not custom made for you, it's likely that it was not a great experience, or how about it could be a better experience, because Helisleep dot com slash Big Box, we're talking about a customized mattress there. There really is no greater endorsement of this product, any greater more powerful than my baby brother Greg Burgers, who doesn't like anything likes. He likes these mattresses, sleep on one every night, every night and have for years. And right now you can get part of the Memorial Day sale. We've already started it twenty seven percent off. If you go to Helix Sleep dot com slash Big Vox now they're gonna have a sleep quiz. They want to know how you sleep? Side, back, stomach. Do you like a mattress At Soft Medium Firm, they have a great mattresses for kids made for their growing bodies, endorsed by child sleep experts and also don't forget you get to sleep on it one hundred nights to be sure you love it. If you do, you keep it. If you don't they take it back and give you a full refund and they ship it no charge too, right to your door. So why don't you go now get twenty seven percent off a customized mattress made right here in America helix Sleep dot com slash Big Box, Helix Sleep dot com slash Big Box or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. Okay, So we have other interviews that are coming, some that have not worked out that we've moved on from which that's part of this. This is to be expected. It's all very fluid. So some things that you need to know out there in the audience. Wednesday Bible study will be on today like normal noon Central one o'clock Eastern on the YouTube channel Archives soon after so. And also we have also talked about and just had some of our guests coming by picking up copies of Men Don't Run in the Rain. The new book is out. If you want to sign copy, be sure for Father's Day or whatever, because that's not gonna be forever up to shipping time for Father's Day. Use the link we have at Rick burgesshow dot com or Themanchurch dot com or Burgessmanistries dot com that link provides that option. So Greg, you and I yesterday, Speedy's been honest about this. Yeah, Speedy's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: We let it go a little long.
Speaker 2: Speedy's been you know. Mama is eighty three, lives on her own and a little cottage. Now she has she's not driving anymore. She said, you know, she had a seizure a year ago. One year ago, by the way, and she said, and she had had any problems after that, but she, you know, she's lost her confidence a little bit. Doesn't feel us confident driving, and so her car has has been sitting out in a parking spot. We were driving it periodically. At one point now where I think it went downhill was back in the winter. We had an arctic blast again this year. Southerners don't do well with that. None of our stuff is set up for those kind of temperatures. So that that was a little bit trying on the car, and the car got to where it would not start. Now it's gonna bother Speedy here. What she didn't need it and she wasn't using it. And every time every time we would go over there, it looked nice that it was an iore. Yeah, it's it's a buck enclave probably two thousand and seven somewhere in there. And she was like, uh, I wish I would get my car cranked. And we're like, well, you don't need a car, mom, I mean. And so we have twin niece and nephew turned sixteen, and and one of them wants to drive the car. And finally our sister, as you can you can imagine, got involved and said, y'all need to get mama's car running because my son's gonna need something to drive back into, finally making him do it. So yesterday Greg brought Greg brought the jumper cables and and we we went over to deal.
Speaker 4: With the car.
Speaker 2: How did that go?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Surprisingly surprisingly, And this is gonna make you mad and some of the audience mad.
Speaker 4: It cranked right up just by simply jumping it off some lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know when it says there, I don't like that for a while, and then shot back to the computer, computer resetting, of course, you know. And you know a lot of tire signals, you know, And because it was freezing the last time she used.
Speaker 4: It, like a big wheel, you got to put air in it before you live.
Speaker 2: How are we gonna put air in it sitting there in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: We air compressor. No I don't, We don't have so push your mind. So yeah, thank you, Adler. So we we crank from behind the camp. Then then comes to the moment why it's idling. Yeah, we don't want to get stranded, it's idly drove this well as I take a couple of hours, run parround the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Look, and finally we come down to it. Somebody's following, and somebody's gotta drive it to the mechanic. Okay, because we want to get it once over, check everything checking Midler picture that discussion. So we basically decided that oldest brother had to drive it. It's almost like, I mean, so Greg followed, I drove, and you know when you're in a vehicle that's been just sitting, I mean for months, and you're thinking, are the tires draw rotted? Am I going to get a flat tire? And the place we wanted to go was a little further than we wanted to be, in a little busier area than we want, a little busier area, and sat down right there, you're causing problem. Now now the car, the car, it'll jump a little it'll jump a little as on flat tires too. Well, just just tires jumping, just tires that need to be addressed. Yeah, and so we we we did deliver mama's car.
Speaker 19: We did.
Speaker 2: We did deliver her list. Uh this thing about the seat, the guy, the guy basically looked at us about the seat and says, I'm sorry that I'm not We can't. I don't know what you're talking about. And I didn't either. Mom says something about it. She had on those recalls on a you know, on the what is it the safety, what's the thing that blows up the air bag? What's the thing that blows up? Well, people keep walking by and and so for a minute I thought I saw bot Jackson. But the uh but anyway, sirs Taylor. Yeah, so anyway, uh, he said, she's she claims what does she claim on that great that the seat's not in their ride or something? Oh no, they they had to open it up, peel the cuve seat covers back together in there, and they never got them back up right, and it had that light's been on and so so yeah, so that was kind of a The guy basically just looked at us and said, we're not we're not taking that on.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I have, Well let's go, let's go, you know, most important to that. And I think that's probably least just in the in the broad scale.
Speaker 2: So it has been delivered. We did get it jumped off. We yeah, awaiting the verdict? Wait, waiting? Were did y'all play rock paper scissors to see who drove?
Speaker 4: Hey? Once he got in and I said, just you staying here, Rick, since your primary once you get it over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so and then I didn't.
Speaker 4: Want to be the guy back in track.
Speaker 2: Plus you had to get to a concert, right, that's right down.
Speaker 4: I kind of thought I thought I saw you on a red light too, Greg.
Speaker 2: We were trying to keep up. I did I read red light? Yeah, I saw you.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back here, we are. I mean, look with the guys, we're out and about. It's crazy today when you're on location, you don't know what's gonna happen. And we've got to talked to some folks, got more to come on the program today. We just kind of grab them as we can. And uh, you know what, Coach Kirby smarts, he's become a regular. I mean the last back on the Rick and Bubba's show. Coming by and visiting with us and hanging out now are our first time to talk to each other with the Rick Burgers show kicking now and coach welcome.
Speaker 4: I hope you're having a good day so far. Well, I appreciate you having me, man, great day so far?
Speaker 2: Look good.
Speaker 4: I'm on that East Coast time man. You know, I'm up a little bit earlier. It's not God time.
Speaker 2: One of my sons lives in Atlanta, and we're always dealing with that, you know. And my wife, for some reason still it never fails. She'll do things like, well, we should be there at such such time, and I'm my baby.
Speaker 3: We losing that.
Speaker 2: You lose that hour and we're too far east I think in Bama to be on that time zone. Yeah, especially when you get to the winter and we're dark at four thirty. It's different. It's different to keep up with it. Well, good to have you back. How you doing doing great?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 4: In the May season, getting to play a little golf and do a little recruiting and go see some people and help out with the regions.
Speaker 2: So college football is chaos right now. You have no idea total how any world. So he was just on coach he frees a minute ago, and he's saying what I'm sure you're saying, said, we just got to have some structure.
Speaker 4: Coach dil For earlier was saying, it's like trying to kick a field goal on the goal post.
Speaker 2: They keep moving, you know. I mean, here you are players, and I just I think I know your personality. I was showing coach the book about Dad that we just put out, and he's looking at that, and I know, you know, you got a lot of that old school stuff in you. And of course you know if those guys were coaching, they'd be in jail.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. I couldn't do it, but you can take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: Well, And the whole thing is loyalty. I mean, I just know you. I mean, I know people like you.
Speaker 2: My dad was this way and it drove him crazy if he didn't think you were loyal. And now loyalty is not even I mean, I mean, can you find it.
Speaker 4: You can find it. I mean there are kids that are loyal. Okay, it's out there. It's just not the norm. Right, And look, I want to be clear. The first thing I hear from people is well, well, you know, coach Smart can go anywhere he wants to go, anytime he goes.
Speaker 2: No, I can't, not without a huge buy out. That's right, without a contract.
Speaker 4: If we if we had contracts, I think all the coaches would be really happy if it was a binding contract, you know, with what they call liquid data damages and things like that. Sure, it's hard because you know, are they are the employees? Are they student athletes? And I think people people want to argue one side when it favors this side, right, argue the other side when it favors that side, and then the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle because it is a business. If else.
Speaker 2: To me, when we start trying to still use these same phrases student athlete and all that, it feels like we're pretending, right, you know how you just pretend something because well you either are you aren't, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And it's like, well, if it favors this, the student athletes should be allowed to go anywhere they want to go and go study and get their major and go play somewhere else. But then that's not true. Now when we start talking about contracts, and their employees and things like that. It makes it really really challenging to navigate. The hardest part is just what's best for the kids. What's best is they have ability to earn income. They've earned that. That's great, that's awesome. I'm so happy that they get As a matter of fact, we're going to back pay and guys are gonna get paid. You know, way back, I'm like, I got buddies I played with. They would love to tap into some of that shit. They didn't get any of it. The issue is, Okay, now that we do that, where do we stop and where does it hurt other sports? You know, when I talk to ads and you're gonna cut ten other sports and people are like, well, I don't care, those are non revenue sports.
Speaker 8: Well, there's still opportunities for people to.
Speaker 4: Go to college.
Speaker 2: Nobody thought about that party that.
Speaker 4: That hurts me when I say, okay, we're gonna cut this team or that team and they're not gonna have an opportunity to go to college.
Speaker 2: Do you think too, like back in the day, you know, the old way, facilities, facilities, facilities. It feels to me still kind of being connected enough that that really they're saying ni l N I L N I L that's where we want our money. Now, sure are we gonna see facilities just be ignored.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know if you ever see it all we ignored. Yeah, the man right there, the man, myth, the legend, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Barkley coming over. I don't think they'll be ignored.
Speaker 4: What you're gonna see is infrastructure just just go downhill. So, for instance, everybody's got this pot to spend, right, Well, some schools are gonna be able to spend in the pot and not hurt their infrastructure, their nutrition staff, the food the players eat, the strength staff or the academic staff. Other schools are gonna say, you know what, we're gonna spend on players and we're not gonna spend on the infrastructure now, so the experience is gonna be diminished. Kids are gonna say, yeah, I'm happy I'm getting money from such and such school, but you know what you're not getting a nutritionis, you're not getting academics, you're not getting the best food. They're gonna have to say, you gotta get that when you're on check, because we're paying you got to go do that.
Speaker 2: You're own check.
Speaker 4: And so now we're not getting quite the same infrastructure that builds the core around the player.
Speaker 2: You know, So let me ask you about this. The balance was talking to dial for about it. I didn't I didn't ask you about this, but I asked you about it. I'm strategizing. I'm I'm run.
Speaker 4: I got the Georgia Bulldogs. We're always gonna be in the mix. Okay, there's the there's.
Speaker 2: The great high school player, there's a transfer portal. Then there's my guys who are trying to get into port What how do you are you having to rethink? There's got to be a little bit of all of it, right, I mean I got to have that transfer portal, but I can't just ignore the high school stud right.
Speaker 4: What's the balance? Well, the balance is what you need, right, I need? You know, did I hit on my high school guys? I signed five DB's Okay, I went four for five. What do we need this year? And then you got to go to the portal and get what you needed. Some schools have to go to the portal to get everything. You know, other sports are turned to that. Baseball is a upside down. I mean they're one hundred percent portal because what they can get at the lower level in baseball is better than what they can get in the high school level for the most part, because the best high school players don't go to the draft. So it's it's really you know, football is a little different. They need to come to us to develop, so they gotta go. But you still get a little farm system going where a really good player that got missed moves up through the portal or what you need comes out of the portal. But you can still go get a great high school player and he can impact your roster. Nate Fraser for us a great back, right. He came in and played as a freshman, right, So that still happens in football.
Speaker 2: So let's talk a little bit about the first year of the playoff. When you I mean, if you gotta win, you're looking. You look at Ohio State. Obviously they were the best team of the country. They proved it. I mean, it's it's it's it's a long.
Speaker 4: Way to that end.
Speaker 2: How did that feel is? I mean, we all wanted it as fans. How did it feel You're one to.
Speaker 4: You, Well, it felt grueling for at least for me personally in our conference because of the schedule and what we had to play and then the championship game. I mean, it's tough when you go through You've got sixteen teams that are really competitive and good.
Speaker 2: It's grueling.
Speaker 4: And then the schedule, you know, especially for us on the road, was tough, but the schedule is gonna be tough for everybody every year in the SEC. Whether you say it's balanced or not, it's hard, but it makes it really tough to go through that and play that many good teams. We probably had more injuries than we've had and made it tougher. And look, say what you want, we saw the product of what the more teams meant. When Ohio State past years would not have been in that, they would not have been in the four. Now you're right, okay, so now not only are they in the four, they're in the big number and they.
Speaker 2: Go win it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a little more in basketball is where you get hot and the team that's playing best at the end.
Speaker 2: And they did get hot and they had a favorable I mean, they were great team. They deserved the national championship, but you know when they hit that playoff that was a favorable road.
Speaker 4: Well they went through Oregon, Yeah, right, yeah, well, I mean that they had to play some good teams and well that's true. Of course they kind of revealed orgon to maybe they played well at ten team they had beat they came back, they were hot.
Speaker 2: Hard to beat a team twice and they were hot. I mean they had their act together then too, and then the last thing. Then I'll let you go on that. So when you're saying back on the kids a little bit, there needs to be maybe a cap. There needs to be some sort of punishment like it would be for a coach. You made that point. Yeah, I can leave, but when I leave, there's a buyout, right y'all. You know what maybe wish school, but.
Speaker 4: This system right now, if I go hire a receivers coach from Shane Beemer and James Coley, we got to pay what he owes to.
Speaker 2: To to get him.
Speaker 4: You know, there's got to be a compensation balance there in terms of being able to do that.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I know that's the pointing towards making them employees, but it would make everything, make everybody think twice about diving in the portal to say, you know what, to carry this tag and have a little more structure and gotta have a little mo and the cap, but only want the cap so that the freshmen don't make more than the older guys. The older guys are ones on TV getting the true revenue, the true nil values, and the kids that are older they should make more than the kids coming in. So the CBA fixed that for NFL. They didn't have guys coming in as rookies making more than the old player.
Speaker 2: No, you're well, what we always do as human beings. We needed to do something for the players. And what we did is the pendulem now has swung so far the other way. We got to pull it back a little bit and get some structure.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Thanks for taking time to be with us. Go ahead and get warmed up and hit of you. I need to okay, all right, Thanks Kirby smart taking time visiting with us today, and get some breakfast.
Speaker 4: To it's great in there by the way, Thank you appreciate your coach.
Speaker 2: So we we'll come back. We got more to do, as as we both noticed in the middle, go minute to go. Right in the middle of our interview, Charles is here. Charles is making a ruckus. He's causing a mass. We'll we'll get him in Tommy Tuberville is is ready to visit with us as well. We'll talk to Senator Coach Tuberville. Does he have a big announcement today? Talk more about that when we continue.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back, come into you live. We're on location and beautiful Graystone Golf and Country Club. It has been an active day.
Speaker 4: If you miss any of the show today, I always go back and catch it on the archive.
Speaker 2: We got a full archive every day on our podcast channel and our YouTube channel, and of course today on YouTube there won't be one, but there will be highlights from here on the YouTube channel, so be sure and catch that on any parts that you may have missed in some of the highlights from our time here. So Senator Tommy Tuberbull.
Speaker 13: Wait a minute, archive UK spell archive replace Replace, Yeah, you come up with these big words.
Speaker 4: Replace.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something a coach slash Senator. When I looked over and saw you hanging out with Gary hey Uh from Chilton County, I thought, let me go over and get you useless. What kind of conversation was that? And you said you found out something that Gary voted for? Is it true?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 13: I think he's got a little bit Democrat in y. You do, yeah, Gary, Yeah, maybe okay, maybe maybe nothing.
Speaker 2: Gary's stay over the over there, just keep talking. He's in the closet, all right. So uh he's gonna give you for that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So good to see you. Yeah, good to see you. You look good, you're feeling good.
Speaker 13: Oh, my god, I tell you what. First four years I was up there, we took a beating from the socialist communists by my administration, and I mean we were sinking in quick sandfast. And thank god President Trump got elected and people woke up and said, no, no, we're not giving our big yeah in a big way. And and uh, you know, it's just been good to in one way. It's been good to work with him.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 13: For four months. We ain't slowed down. I mean it's different and it is totally different, and he's making progress every day and everything. You got to think about it now, when you if you run a football team, you got one or two problems President Trump. Oh, he inherited a absolute disaster, not just in our country, in our borders, Mexico, Canada, all over the Middle East, all over Europe. I mean, you got to think about this. And I'm going to say this, Europe's gone. They got to Europe for the last fifteen years, you know, immigration, illegal immigration, it just just killed them. And so we don't want to go down that path. We were the last big apple on the tree, and they went after us, and they went after us full force to try to overrun our country with illegals and bankrupt us and everything, you know, runner education. They've done a pretty good job of it. But we're coming back. You know, Americans have stood up and said enough of this nonsense is enough.
Speaker 2: And you know, and some of the things that we're done early, we're now seeing that everything's starting to shift economically. Now that's starting to move a little bit. You know, there was a little bit of shock to the system that you're going to have.
Speaker 4: Well, you got to do it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he had to do the tariffs. I mean, it's the only way we can pay this thirty seven tree and debt off. American taxpayers can't pay it off. I mean they pay in what four point nine three in a year, and we spend that in the first seven months and then we've got to find money from other places. And so it's got to come from tariffs, other countries. Basically, we've had a party here in this country for two hundred fifty years. Everybody else, all the other countries have come. They've not brought gifts or or food or anything and offered to help you pay for the band. They've all come in and just taken what they what they can get and lived off the American taxpayer in our country. Game's over. We can't do that anymore. We have been so gracious to everybody, and it's time that we took care of Americans and people in this country first, and then we can help. But we've got we've it's all flipped on us. And that's what communism and socialism is is just have a group of power hungry people, not just for this country. You know, the Democrats want to take over for the world. I mean, this just was not just taking us over, because they, as I said, they've already taken over the other countries around, most other countries around the world.
Speaker 2: And everything seems to be trending in the right direction.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, you did you fly here on the new plane that Trump dis jined me? Yeah, from Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 13: Well, they went after him on the floor yesterday before I left I flew here last night and I went right back at him. My gosh, folks. I mean, you know, they offer a four hundred million dollar gift to the not to Trump. I mean, this is to us. You know, Boeing, which is an American company. We can't make in our plane right now. I mean, they're so far behind and making planes, but they did make this one. This is an American made Boeing seven forty seven that I don't know where the President will ever get on it. But you know, if they want to give it to us, fine, and uh, you know, we give other people things, they take it. It's not a bribe, you know where you know, we we still do have friends in the Saudi's and and the UAE's friends, and they're going to help us solve all the problems in the Middle East. But that the media in this country is just so overbalanced in terms of socialism and communism, and most of them don't know what they're doing, you know, they just they just see that. Ohle President Trump's a crooked No, you just saw a bunch of convicts in the last four years because they stole Look look what Doege has found. And the Democrats are so mad that their cheese now is gone, that they can't steal all the money they've been stealing. And everybody's saying, well, what's coach talking about. Folks, You have been robbed. You have been robbed by the federal government in Washington, d C. For years and years year, not just Democrats but Republicans. President Trump is trying to get that balance back out. And the one thing that I'm proud of about President Trump, He's putting God back in our country. And folks, if we don't do that, it's going to be over. So that's all good news. You saw how bad it was. Do you want to make some announcement on the show to no. No, you know, I've had a lot of people come to me and want me to run for governor. Okay, Uh. President Trump is uh you know, he's adamant that he has good people in the Senate. So we do have a lot of rhinos. Everybody knows that I want and I've my wife and we've talked about it and prayed about it. I want to do what's best for people Alabama. I've gotten to the point where, uh, you know, my God, what I've learned in the last five years in politics. You know, I didn't know anything about.
Speaker 2: Politics, but were you shocked at what you found?
Speaker 13: I'm absolutely floored, floored, And uh uh, you know I can help either way. And I'll make a decision here in a couple of weeks where can I help the most of the people in Alabama. And that's true, I don't I don't care about being called governor. I don't care about being called senator. Everybody calls me coach. This is not an eager I could care less. I want to help now. We've got a lot of capabilities and things going on here now because President Trump, what's he doing. He's sending the power and the money back to the states, right and so if I make that decision and do governor will know how to do it. We'll know how to put things together. Other will know how to make Alabama better as the other states will and governors because even the Blue states, He's given the power back to the states and let them run it now. Unfortunately, these blue states have a different idea how to run their state, which is run it in the ground and and not do it the right way. But well, while make a decision and what's the best again, it's uh, you know, an opportunity either way. And again, President Trump is that God that got in where I do have this choice that I can pry.
Speaker 2: I'm torn on it. I'm torn on it. You and your wife got to find out what God wants you to do. But I hate to lose, like you just talked about in the Senate, because that's such a powerful branch there and the Senate it's got so much influence. But then I see the being specific to the state versus the whole country. I see all that that's up to you to decide. I'm torn on it, though, you know, and I started, I thought about you. I laughed my head off and I won't say anything else about it. So we're doing a lot of stuff, you know, with men's in ministry and their book, my travel to go to Seminole, Texas to speak for the weekend. Look, look he's already not So I'm talking to the travel guys and I'm like, are so where am I going? They said, were You're flying into love it? And when he when they said.
Speaker 4: That, don't start speedy, what's that? I said, I'm gonna text and say guess where I'm flying.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And so Hey, y'all almost stop my political career and in deadness tracks, all my buddies called me and they still call me on that.
Speaker 2: Well, so I just thought I'm so going to say, is I want you to know that I'll be flying into Lubbock in June.
Speaker 13: And going to seminole. My my mom grew up in semony.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's a I tell you what I really like. Loved it out there and again, and the wind blows and it's and and there's a lot of things that are negative about every place of course here and I won't tell you. God, God loving people and great conservatives that love this country. I'm looking forward to it are out there. Yeah, so you ain't got to look far. Okay, good, You're gonna run him every where you where, everywhere you walk.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it's June seventh and eighth, something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I've heard you speak. God's given you the a gift of gap my god son. I mean, you do a great job of speaking. Well, thank you, and you've got a good message to thank you, so stay on it.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, and you're pretty good yourself.
Speaker 2: Top of the hour, uh coach and Senator Tommy Tubraville visiting with us today. Thank you, appreciate that. Thank you, And I've given him a copy of the book Men Don't Run in the Rain, and he'll be reading that on the road.
Speaker 13: I'd love to read about people like your dad. Top of the hour, we'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Show you.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Are you ready, It's time.
Speaker 11: I'm going to rigg bird show.
Speaker 2: Here we are on location beautiful gray Stone Golfing Country Club. Coach Kaylin dpoor is with US head football coach University of Alabama and h coach. Welcome back. Good to see you again. I know you've talked to so many people you might not recall you and I meeting last year here. I called a little flak because you know, I was welcome you to the state of Alabama. I mean it was like a welcome wagon, and I wanted to be sure that your roletide was up to par, and we worked on it a little bit and I thought your role tides were great after that, So yeah, it mean what happened, well, you know, we worked on a few different role tides and you know it was new to you, and I didn't want you to go out into the culture.
Speaker 4: You know, I appreciate you. You're new here and always looking You've got some sort of role tide that sounds a little awkward, and you really dialed it in and I guess what I'm saying, I take ready for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah you can.
Speaker 21: I mean I remember this a year ago right here, same spot, Thames Foh yeah, I appreciate uh. When they got through this, probably through the year, probably through the season for sure without you.
Speaker 2: Well, I heard you say it a few times and I would just look at my wife and I would say, my work is done here. Uh no, hey, hey, just uh well, here we go. Uh college football. It's an interesting landscape right now. And I've talked to some of your coherts and the sec that have already been here earlier on the show. They're all like, boy, we sure would like a little structure. Be great. You know, it's it's a little bit of wild wild West right now. And and of course then you know you roll right into here's the playoff. What a what a first year? Fans were excited about that. As as a coach, what what was the atmosphere last year? Because it felt like last year we just said to every team, every coach Hey, here comes lots of changes, a whole new world, and we just took it and we dumped it in your lap and said good luck with it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Did I mean you literally just having to figure it out as y'all all went last year?
Speaker 21: Are you talking about in college football? College football? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well out you were in the middle of Adam mean, you had a lot of change going on. You take on a new program, then the whole world of college football is changing while your life is changing. Did it feel overwhelming at times?
Speaker 21: Well, I mean I've been around long enough, you know, you just got to keep adjusting. And uh, you know, as much as it kind of it comes quickly, Uh, you can kind of see it developing. And I'm fortunate I got a lot of great people around me, whether it's my staff, our administration. Uh, just you know, like colleagues, in the in the business just of of college athletics. So you know, there's a lot of people you can you can kind of look to and and look for insight advice. But I think, uh, yeah, you just you know, you got to adjust. And I feel like we're pretty flexible, flexible in the way we do things within our program. Yeah, I know, what I want to do. I know what your your foundations are, foundation is but uh, you know, I think that's always been the case. Is you got to us with the times, whether it's the X and O s, the style of recruiting, the timeline of recruiting, how you build a staff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 21: Just I think there's a lot of flexibility you got to have.
Speaker 4: And that's that's in anything, not just.
Speaker 2: Sure did you did you find when you go to a place like Alabama. That's the tradition of championships and winning. But but your it's your, it's your it's your program now and you know what what is? What do you?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: To me, some of the greatest and I watched you do some of this leaders are when they go, well, I'm going to change where I think we need to change, But if something's not broke, I'm not going to go in there and just change for the sake of change. What is that balance of I want to I have philosophies, they're your own philosophies. They've been proven to win. You certainly have won everywhere you've gone. Uh, but yet this program is already in good shape. What's that feel? As as opposed to I'm coming in and we got to fix this thing.
Speaker 21: Yeah yeah, I mean it definitely wasn't the case right like most times it is, you come in I think, and so those the unique situation with a twelve and two team in twenty twenty three going to the semi final game, coach Saban doing so many great things here.
Speaker 2: You know, you always when.
Speaker 21: You what I've learned over the years, when you when you go to a new place, I don't care if it's coordinator, head coach. You always have to to make sure you you stick to the things that you really feel strong about, because it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of who you are.
Speaker 21: It's what's uh, it's what you got you there. But you also got to make sure you're really listening. You're listening, you're hearing, you know internally, whether it's you know, understanding the roster, makeup, the leaders, how things were set up, you know, always learning. I think that's until until the last day I coach football. I hope I'm you know, looked at as someone who continues to learn. I think that's the key in life. But that was certainly the case. I think there was a mix of I know, how to pull things together when you know, with certain changes that we made and this is how I've always done it, and this is why.
Speaker 11: We do it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, there's always a reason, right, but also understanding like why were some of the things that we're done out here at Alabama, what is critical to the culture of what has won here, how things are done, how people how people like to see and view Alabama football. Just constantly listen and trying to morph some of those things into what your foundation is, your non negotiables. What you really find is that most of the non negotiables are really the same when.
Speaker 2: You're talking about championship.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's it's just the little touch that you put on it that comes along with who you are as a person or what your experiences are. But I'm really really fortunate to have a combination of coaches and staff that we're here, mixed in with the people that I brought in, whether really only a couple of them that came with me from Washington, and just kind of a mixed and match. So that's the exciting part now is we've had a year of experiences together, both with the players, with the staff. We understand where we got to continue to grow where we got to continue to develop. And you know everyone's I think aligned more so now, not because they didn't want to, but just because those experiences in that time together helps with the relationships and such real quick.
Speaker 4: And you got to go, Milrow, you feel good it. Can you think he'll transition to an NFL quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think there's always a learning curve.
Speaker 21: Sure care if it's to college, I don't care what position it is. Quarterback is going to be the biggest one that you know, just a lot to that's gonna be on your plate when you get to that that level, the next level. It was for high school kids to quart college, it will be that way.
Speaker 4: From college to NFL.
Speaker 21: And so you know, Jalen's again a guy that has humility and knows he doesn't know it all yet and knows he's got room for improvement. I think that's just what he'll you'll see from him is a continued growth. You know, you're excited about that next part of the journey for him, and you know he's got a lot of just great attributes that will.
Speaker 2: Separate himself in different ways.
Speaker 21: But also he understands that he's got some areas that he can work on that can make him elaite.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for taking time.
Speaker 4: I appreciate to you being I know everybody's pulling you in a lot of directions. It means a lot that you come out expensed with. Yeah, my pleasure. It's good to see you again. And roll type roll tied there see there there it is. My work is done here, all right, thank you coach coach Kaylin de Boor heading over here, gonna see if he can't get it, get loose and see if he can get out on the course. And if you get a chance to come by, you'll see him moving around on the course today.
Speaker 2: Be sure and give him a roll tide as well. All right, So we we also have we've we've been. It's it's been this thing with Taylor Hicks today and there here he comes. He's making his way over here. Now, Taylor, I mean, what happened?
Speaker 22: Well, you know it's called there's a name. It goes by j D or John Daily.
Speaker 2: And I could smell that and I literally smell it now.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 22: We were rolling out of his Good Boy Vodka here in Alabama.
Speaker 2: I saw the bus come into town and I thought, is Taylor already own it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, I uh, I've been known to make a couple of laps in that thing.
Speaker 4: I know, you have. It's a whole new meeting to grip it and rip it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 17: He was one of my first celebrities that I ever played with twenty years ago at the Bob Hope Celebrity Classic in Palm Springs. And uh, there's a lot of phases that he's gone through since then. Yes, and he's on a pretty good face. He's in a pretty good phase. I think we've got I think we've got.
Speaker 22: Some more years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At one time, let's be honest, we didn't think we had many.
Speaker 4: Years if John left.
Speaker 2: No, but but but but we do. Now he's in a good.
Speaker 22: Kind of He's kind of toned it down a lot.
Speaker 2: Has he and is Yeah, he has not keep in mind where we started, so I have to keep that in mind.
Speaker 17: Yeah, right, I mean it's seven days, probably gone down to about.
Speaker 3: Three or four.
Speaker 2: I see, which is good. That that's that's that's improved John.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 17: You know, I remember him telling me, he said, you know, if I thought I was going to live this long, I.
Speaker 22: Would have partied harder.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So and I said, well, don't start now, right.
Speaker 2: You know, please? So yeah, okay, so you're here now, Hello, good to see you.
Speaker 22: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: It's always a pleasure. A little late, yeah, anything Taylor Hitch would need to know right now.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 17: You know, I'm just out there working. You are out there working doing some keynote stuff. Never I hadn't done that before really, and I've started. I've started to do some keynote. You know, wrote a book kind of like what y'all did.
Speaker 4: Take that with you today?
Speaker 17: Absolutely put in the back, okay, and you know that was when I was about thirty years old, had no you know.
Speaker 2: Do you know I have that book. I know exactly where it is right now.
Speaker 22: It's called a Heart full of Soul.
Speaker 17: Yes, inspirational memoir about finding your voice and finding your way. Oh yeah, I did it. And then I've kind of parleyed that with you know, with thirty minutes of music. Yeah I did. My My first keynote speech was with the the.
Speaker 22: American Dental Hygienists Association.
Speaker 2: Why did I miss it?
Speaker 22: And you know what did you say? That was a fun crowd?
Speaker 4: You know it?
Speaker 22: Well, you know my you know the story. I mean, you could find some you know.
Speaker 17: I mean, obviously you guys have known where I come from, and I mean there's an inspiration in that and also a little bit of a spiritual message in there. You know, you got to have your ducks in a row upstairs before you have to have them on a row downstairs.
Speaker 2: That's true. Thing to work, that's true, and you.
Speaker 17: Know that that carries a lot of weight to people that are that are interested in my story.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: Well, Taylor, thank you, all right.
Speaker 4: I was afraid we're gonna get that.
Speaker 17: The pied Piper of the Greystone Memorial Classic is in full effect.
Speaker 4: There he goes, Taylor Hicks.
Speaker 2: Thank you, very good to see you. Hey, take that with you, take it away, all right. So all right, Taylor Hicks, We'll be right back more of the Rick Berger Show Live from Greystone when we come back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burchish Show.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're back, come into you live here on location today the Drummond Company Celebrity Program. Graystone Golf and Country Club, Beautiful Hoover, Alabama, just outside of Birmingham, uh in Sweet Home, Alabama. Coca Cola patio overlooking the driving range and the pudding Green Uh. The Regent's Tradition starts tomorrow, which is a major on the PGA Champions Tour. We've had tons of interviews. Adler is capturing all of those for the YouTubers. They're saying, man, I wish I could see it. Uh. And so he'll have those for you. We'll also recap all of that again on tomorrow's program.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so just kind of keeping you update updated with everything going on. I do want to point you to take lean dot com.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let me let me let me point you there at takelean dot com. If your a person has been doing the Yo yo dieting not not good for us. It really, it really isn't. And maybe you're thinking, I don't I don't know about these weight loss injections. I don't know about this. You know the things that you know, these people continue to come up with and PILs and you know, medications. Hop out something a little more natural and a little more healthy, and it's a supplement called Lean. Go to take liing dot com right now, use the code big vox. We're gonna save you twenty percent off. Now this is gonna help you in a couple of ways. It's gonna help you with your cravings naturally, it's also going to help you with your blood sugar. Be sure that the blood sugar levels are helping. When you're yo yo diting like this, your chances are becoming type two diabetic. Go way up. Cardiac event, go way up, stroke, go way up. So it's not good for the body. A natural, you know more, maybe slower but more sustainable way to lose weight is the way to go. But we're already getting all kinds of emails. Amazing product, guys, this is from Kelly. I immediately noticed an energy boost and healthy weight loss that makes me happy. I would promote this product to any one. Thanks for turning us on to it where you're welcome. The studying ingredients and the product you know are that's the key and it's a natural way to do it. So go to Tate Lian dot com. We'd love to hear from you too. Take Lian dot com, use the code big box and you get twenty percent off right now. Our go to Rick Burgess show dot com and simply look under the sponsors button and you'll find it there too. Coach settle in you can go right there where speedy is good to see you again. Coach Saban is stopping over to the co Cola patio and visiting coach, how are we doing? You know, I'm doing great. You look fantastic.
Speaker 4: I don't know about all the ian.
Speaker 2: Every time I see you since retirement, you look more and more rested.
Speaker 19: Well, it's easier when you don't have to work fourteen hours a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what you're filling time?
Speaker 4: You know, I know, I know you're still got a lot going on, but it's nothing compared to what it was.
Speaker 19: No, but I enjoy it. You know, being on game day keeps me involved in the game, and it's a different perspective.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 19: When you're coaching a team, you kind of look at everything through a straw, and doing this you kind of look at everything from a thousand feet and it's really kind of interesting. Gives me something to do. Doing the draft is a lot of preparation and work, so that gave me something to do. And I speak here and there and everywhere, So doing really well. You know, Miss Terry gave me ten commandments of retirement the day I retired, and in one week she said, obviously ten's not enough.
Speaker 4: That a lot of truth in that, so when you were doing the game day working with Corso and being his last year, what was.
Speaker 19: That like, Well, Leak Corso is a phenomenal person. He's a real professional. It's been a part of the show and the tradition of the show for you know, twenty some years, and we're all going to miss him. But you know, I think that, you know, it was his decision to do that. He's going to be on one more show with us, which we all look forward to. But just a great guy and uh, you know, great for the game of college football and has been great for a lot of fans for a lot of years. And I think tradition of him, you know, putting that mascot helming on at the end of you know, every show is something that everybody looks forward to.
Speaker 2: That's not going to be your job, now, is it.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope not.
Speaker 4: I mean so I don't I just don't see you in that role.
Speaker 9: I don't think that's.
Speaker 11: Probably not my decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're saying they could ask all right, here comes Barkley now to turn our interview upside down. Hey, Charles Charles, somebody Charles Charles, I'm talking to coach Saban you're just walking up in here right in the middle of it. I mean we're having we're having our own discussion.
Speaker 10: Well, you're talking to the greatest ever. So I just want to listen. I might learn something, Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: You saying that you're gonna live and learn.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's part of being successful in life. You can always learn. That's one of the problems some of these fools out here think they had learned everything. You can always learn, no matter how old you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, when you get to the point where you think you need to learn anything, you're a loser. Now that's true. I mean I'm sitting here at sixty and I'm still in meetings. People tell me that I need to improves sixty.
Speaker 19: That's one thing about being retired, y, you know, as I've been able to learn a lot about other things. Yes, you know, for years and years and years, all you did was coach and worry about coaching and players and developing and you know, recruiting.
Speaker 9: And all that.
Speaker 19: But now you have time to learn about you know, construction business, our businesses, you know, meet interesting people.
Speaker 11: It's it's been.
Speaker 10: It's great on television too, it's been fun watching you or you're my favorite, thank your coach. It's fun just like because you've been so guarded rightfully so, because you know, dealing with the media, which I'm I'm part of. I love when they say that's what he said, but this is what he meant. I'm like, no, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure I said.
Speaker 2: What I meant.
Speaker 10: You always have said, yeah, you don't get to tell me like I love it when they do that, Like, no, man, he said what he meant. Don't tell me what you think he meant. It drives me crazy. But you're doing a fabulous job.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: It was odd to see you as part of the media coach, and we talked about that last year, but you see, you know, I don't you know you as a coach. It sounds like you have been able to say I know what it's like down there, and I'm gonna handle this job the way I wish people would have. I never hear you being overly critical. I mean, you give your opinion, but has that been hard.
Speaker 19: Well, you know, I think the media has a tremendous responsibility to help fans sort of understand the game better. Understand what's happening out there better. And I think you know, my perspective has never been to create news. It's been just to try to be informative so people have a better understanding of it. And you some of the experiences that I had to, you know, kind of relay that onto him.
Speaker 2: Do you think Charles will be coachable?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yo, man, anybody who's successful, it's coachable. I forget that. That's the only people who are uncoachable. People who are not successful. Don't forget that. Great players want to be coached only. I always laugh when you you know, when players get together, like the coach don't like me. I'm like, man, when you should please shut the hell up. No coach ever says, hey, you know what, I'm just not gonna play my best player because I don't like them. Like, no, man, you need to listen. That dude wants his job. He gonna put the best players. Like I say, when you go into television, you have to be like, Okay, I've always thought like a player, but now I got to be like the adult in the room, like I gotta be fair. And when the players get together, like man, the coach don't like me, I'm like, okay, I'm like, you're right, coach, don't like you. Then when you grow up, you're like, so you think the coach was saying, No, I'm not worried about my job.
Speaker 4: I just want to screw you.
Speaker 2: I'm focused on you. Focused. I've got this new strategy to not play the best player. Yeah, that's right, that's a new that's a new strategy.
Speaker 4: That's it. They got a name of people like that, they call them unemployed.
Speaker 19: You know one thing that Charles makes a good point that you know, people always ask me spending eight years in the NFL what it was like to coach players, and they all think that it's it's a bad experience. But what you say is very true. Those guys, a lot of them are really really good players, and they really want to be coached. And it was never an issue. You know, the coach guys. If they thought you could create value by what you could teach them and help them do, they were all in man, and I loved it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good to see both of you, and I know you got to go to the range.
Speaker 4: Charles, good to say, good to see you. It's gonna be a great day.
Speaker 10: I'm playing with the greatest Elba and it's going to be an under privilege.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well, I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: It, no pressure. Thank you both for taking time to hang out with me today. It means a lot because I know y'all. Y'all usually running higher cotton in this. As my mama would say, We'll be back bottom of the hour of Rick Bergers Show Live from Graystone Golf and Country Club. There's more coming up right up to this.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back on location Drumming Company, Celebrity pro Am. It's been an active day. Gary has somewhat behaved and he's been out here with us day and he's got his Hey, I got my staff shirt on, and we're we're now going to get a chance to continue to visit with some of the folks that are playing in the Celebrity pro Am.
Speaker 4: Today the debut the debut of Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 2: Jamie Johnson has never been on the show before and I hope it goes well that he might consider being on again. And he is also joined by Riley Green. So, fellows, welcome to the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody, good, I'm doing a lot of stuff. Some of us good, some of us good.
Speaker 2: You know, this first time I've ever met you, and what an honor good to meet you too. I've heard your music, love it, and of course I hear about you a lot more outside of music. Because of Andy Blank's Andy Blank's claims that y'all are friends. He said that he was in one and in your first wedding. Is that all accurate?
Speaker 11: I mean, I can look it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, look it up? Okay, yeah, it's uh. Are you from that part of Alabama where Andy grew up? How did y'all know each other?
Speaker 11: Why do you call it that part of Alabe?
Speaker 2: Well, because I think you know what I mean by that. Yeah, don't that Like you don't know what I mean by that that part of Alabi.
Speaker 11: I'm not from that part, but we were close enough we heard of him.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, exactly right. Yeah, So I was telling you Andy and I been working together for years and uh in the book that just came out and everything else. We've published books together and and UH work together in men's ministry. We got we we're actually very good friends.
Speaker 11: He is one of the most unique guys I've ever been around.
Speaker 2: That's so, that's so true.
Speaker 11: Andy's got a testimony like no other. He really does. But the best thing I like about him is probably Brent.
Speaker 2: Well his wife. Yeah, and most people feel that way. Well, and that's that you're not the first person to say that, and then some people Andy was the first person. So do you do you play? Obviously you play golf, you wouldn't be here.
Speaker 11: I try. I mean I come at when I when I start hitting him left and right, I just think, hit it harder. That's exactly if I can, if I can find some way to channel all that rage, tension and anxiety toward that golf ball, Yeah, and then I don't really care where it goes anymore.
Speaker 2: The beauty, the beauty of the program. Yeah, rileygh sitting here with Jamie Johnson. You you wanting to you know, coming up now, man, Congratulations with everything that's that's happening with you. Man, guys like this.
Speaker 7: That's my hero man. Yeah, I've been I've been listening to Jamie for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I turned out the model everything after him, you know, But I mean a lot of musically, that's about as big as it gets from me. So been real fortunate to get to rite with Jamie and be on the road with him some we're going to tour together in November, going out nine days together. So yeah, better be benish Jamie for a long time. Not necessarily is golf golfing, Jamie? You know I don't take anything from that.
Speaker 2: Are y'all Are you on the same team?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're riding together.
Speaker 2: I'm driving.
Speaker 3: They asked me on bow.
Speaker 2: Well, you know nobody when it comes to the driving. Yeah, you might want to take the wheel.
Speaker 3: On that one.
Speaker 11: Well, I can't get any more feeling.
Speaker 2: And plus somebody said they caught you on Jim Daily's bus, So that's not good.
Speaker 11: You mean John Dave.
Speaker 4: Bus? Where's it part? I love him. He's actually the wilder brother.
Speaker 2: Actually know Jim Daily.
Speaker 11: He's like his bus is the one that says free candy on the side.
Speaker 2: Of So so you guys will be playing today and you've got a tour together coming up. Jamie, how many are you? Do you just stay on the road? I mean, have you gotten to where you slow down a little bit?
Speaker 3: Or what.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't call it slowing down. I just don't spend as much time out and travel as I used to. I mean, when you first start your career, two hundred plus dates a year doesn't seem like a lot.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 11: And then when you find out you're gone over three hundred days a year, you start trying to pipe that down a little bit until you get some semblance of a normal life back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How often do you go out now?
Speaker 11: I think I would do. I still do about fifty dates a year.
Speaker 2: Fifty dates a year, maybe a few more, yeah, and Riley of.
Speaker 4: Course about one twenty Yeah, about one hundred and twenty. So like when you say when you now, have they learned any from.
Speaker 2: The I mean, leta's face it, there was a day when once they were trying to bring you up, and you had these things had to be promoted. A lot of artists got drove into the ground. I mean the tour schedules were crazy. You pointed that out, Jamie, has that have they learned at all? Do they have they designed it any better to try to give you some recovery time or No?
Speaker 7: I think everybody in that town is trying to figure out how to how to do what's going on now. I mean similar to college football with nil and everything coming in, you got you know, streaming, you got you know, how people are buying tickets, how they're traveling to those shows, whatever that is.
Speaker 4: And music's just different now.
Speaker 7: Are used to you put a CD out, puts on the radio, people went and bought it at Walmart.
Speaker 4: Now you can download it on your phone.
Speaker 7: So I was really fortunate that I toured all over the Southeast for a long time before I ever went to Nashville, and I had a pretty decent fan base, you know, so I just go play shows. I don't let them take me to too many things that are pointless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was watching the background on Jelly Row, for instance, and he got started negotiating with record companies. He was already making a million dollars a year on his own just streaming and his YouTube channel, and which put.
Speaker 4: Him in a position, you know, with a little bit of leverage.
Speaker 2: But it really even our business, you know, it's kind of tracking with what you guys are experiencing now. So would you say it is it as simple as it seems to me? Now, I put music out so you'll come see me on tour.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: When we used to put we used to tour, So you go buy my album.
Speaker 7: Touring businesses where you make money at it.
Speaker 2: Because you can't make it on music, right, But now, don't get him started.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't get you started and release the cracking Okay, Uh, it's unless you Yeah, and even if you wrote the song those it's down right yeah.
Speaker 7: For to write a song and make money, it's got to be a hit, you know, it's got to be a big one.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the money.
Speaker 2: The consumer's got a lot of access. But trying to monetize all that's harder than that.
Speaker 3: It's good and bad.
Speaker 11: You know, it's a different kind of business. I've been in a few different kinds of business. Now I can instruction and and some other things. But uh, music is uh man, the whole system is already set up in place, and you have to kind of find the parts of it that work for you, right and uh and stay with those and the parts that don't work for you leave it alone and don't mess with it. If it doesn't make sense to you, it's probably not gonna make you any money, and you shouldn't divert any of your time to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just what you were talking about, you were learning Riley's earning that you've already learned that you were learning. Hey, are you starting where? You can kind of discern now that that right, there is a road to nowhere.
Speaker 22: It just take a while.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be just as tired. Well, they involved in something that this benefit to Riley.
Speaker 11: He gets to have an artist like me that's already taken every wrong turn that possibly take. Most of the times I see him teetering down the wrong path, he sees me coming back sweating and turn up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've actually told young people shoes all tore up. I may not go that way I made. I can tell you what to do, but I can tell you.
Speaker 11: What don't go that way? Yeah, don't do what I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, and I don't know how honestly, your voice like what I do for a living. It's similar to what you guys do for a living, because you know, there's no such thing. We don't have a version of I'm going to work today and my voice doesn't work, and I don't feel good. And you know, if you're working some office job, you can go in there and still take some cold medicine whatever. When the voice has to work every single time, it's almost like it just hangs over.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm always thinking about that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, the vocal coach. There's things you can do. Yeah, you know usually. I mean I've had one bring me back from Larry and jaiis to roar and lack a line. Are you serious within about twenty minutes? Now, you didn't always have it. You probably burned it out early on. These are things you had to learned, right, You have to learn what not to do, but you also have to learn how to warm up on days when you're absolutely war out right.
Speaker 7: A lot of it has to do with how late you stay up and celebrate the show after once you realize you can't do that every night you was last a little longer.
Speaker 2: Sleep is actually very crucial.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 11: And what time did you eat that cheese burger?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Whatever time is on the bus. Yeah, yeah, that's that's the hardest part. All right, I'm gonna let y'all get after it.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all for coming by and visiting with us and spend some time. Jamie.
Speaker 2: What a pleasure to meet you for the first time, to meet you to Riley, good to see you again and uh and congratulations on everything that's going on with you and know that we pray for you and We're proud of you and and continue success.
Speaker 11: We had a mutual friend and Tim Wilson. Oh gosh, I loved him.
Speaker 2: And I missed Tim. You know, there were a lot of people that tried to do, you know, comedy music. I think Tim because some of it is silly and it's not clever. Tim was so clever on his lyrics and and and the melodies he would choose, and his music, and course his commentary was hilarious too. But you know, you've heard that before. Somebody writes the songs that here's a comedy song you listen to and you go, you know, And but Tim's were you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, he put you and Chuckie Cheese with Chucky Cheese.
Speaker 11: We got to write some songs together, oh yeah, which is problematic for me, Yes, because the only reason those songs make any sense at all is because of Tim. You know. But you take Tim out of the equation and I tell people I've written this song and this song and that, and they look at me like it's sick little.
Speaker 2: Tim in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know you had this.
Speaker 2: I had some two hour lunches with Tim Wilson and we talked about everything under the sun. And uh and I mean he had he was ready to talk at a moment's notice. It usually would show up to the studio. We'd find him asleep the car and then come on in and here we go. Yeah, thank you both for being here. Love you, Bud, I love you you, buddy. Jamie Johnson and Riley Green taking time. Now they're head and now gonna go hit a few. You can see him out on the course today. If you're gonna be here, we'll be back.
Speaker 4: More than Rick Burgess show coming up right after this.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burger's show.
Speaker 4: Something Wrong. We just played six feet Break and it's on top of the ally set up, you know, like ass six plus sixty.
Speaker 2: Two bricks and Rick's having a meeting off on air.
Speaker 8: Sorry, hey guys, a boy sa wisa in an uneasaable world. The Rick Burchard Show.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're back. Thank you guys for being with us today all across America. Uh, live from gray Stone Golf and Country Club, and we have boy we wrote through the interviews. We have rolled through the interviews. I'm exhausted. The guys are back hanging out with me, and we'll kind of get a Rick app all right, So the the interviews are done, sweedy just finding to get breakfast?
Speaker 4: You feel better? Yeah, yes, sir, I sure do you know. It's just it's a helpless feeling that they have a great team here, uh, Gene Holman and his bunch, Taylor Hicks and Ellie and Ethan and Taylor Hicks, Taylor Bonds, Jim Daily, Who's yeah, And let me tell you how far away from that is?
Speaker 2: You know who Jim Daly is. He's the I who is the main guy focused on the family. Okay, I couldn't have been further away. Yeah, so that's what you went.
Speaker 4: But you know Piccher, how different John Daly? Oh yeah, oh, I know. They really enjoyed that. But you know they're only as good as as the people we were gonna interview as good too. By the way, Gary's choking on his food while we talk.
Speaker 2: You okay, what's what are you choking?
Speaker 4: Why are you?
Speaker 2: Why are you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I've watched Gary.
Speaker 4: We can't take him anywhere. I thought it was Greg. We couldn't take anywhere. You can't take that man anywhere. Hey, this is haven't opened this? Give it to him? We get a choking and so.
Speaker 2: Finally eating because you can't eat, you know you can't eat, and watching you. So I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna do your record, Speedy's record. Okay, your record.
Speaker 4: Speedy today you went one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine, ten, you went ten and one today.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to take all the credit. Greg Gregs Greggs with me on greg A. So we only missed one interview that was scheduled today. That was Bo Jackson, right, he threw rump at us.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that he thought he even knew we were here. He may not, who knows, but it's all right.
Speaker 4: And Taylor Hicks and you talked to him about that. He didn't get the message on the time. But now I don't think you'd have been here anyway after what John Daly and he did.
Speaker 2: Well, he got on John Daily's bus, and when he got on John Daly's bus, him when he walked onto that bus, I will tell all of you this six fifty went away.
Speaker 4: Yeah in the morning, did it?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 4: We were talking to him all air when we were having to tell him. Unfortunately, we didn't have a whole lot of time, and he understood about he and John Daly's relationship and how far back it goes. And if you followed Taylor Hicks on social media, you'll see John Daly and some of the posts. But that story, Greg, you were in on it. It was a pretty cool story about how far back they go and John Daly's dad and all that. It was just a really cool story and I wish we'd had time to hear it.
Speaker 2: Did you see Greg acting like he was also into that story?
Speaker 4: I think you really were. No, he was what it has to do with music and stuff like that. He's all in brother so and Hobie is on the set and I will tell everybody.
Speaker 2: And I'm terrified, even though maybe I just couldn't see good now it's a little over five he Davy sent it to it. Well, I'm terrified because I made an executive decision. Yeah, at the bottom of the hour, right, and it was an eive executive decision. This is the problem with these shows on location and how they're fluid. You're supposed to have ten minutes with a guest. If they get here on time, well then they don't and they sit down. You've got four minutes. I had four minutes with Nick Saban and Charles Bark right, and I just made the executive decision for the audience. I'm not gonna stop, I'm gonna I'm gonna find a I'm gonna give them more time. So I went past the hard break at the bottoms understandable, but I made an executive decision that I'm gonna pick the audience over all this other stuff. Now it appears right now our broadcast clock is completely out of whack. And uh, and I don't know what's happening now. So you sent me a picture of clock. I think we're okay, are we?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, I hope that there was just a break that was loaded with an extra or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, okay, Okay, you're good. I get it though. I get it though.
Speaker 4: Do you understand completely and all you've done? Great, You've worked your buttons to how that break was longer than it was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be that we just had, right? No, okay, good? Well, I think it's gotten to the point that I can't see that they could be just overheating. Well, I can't see the timer and I think it's overhead. Okay, so we're good. Yeah, So but I but I think the audience there might have been an affiliate or two that said, Hey, wish that you wish you had done a hard break at the bottom. Do you all agree you can't go to when you're Nick Saban and Charles.
Speaker 4: Coach Saban and I to have touched ears by the way ears. Yeah, I'm wearing his headphones. Listen to this first time.
Speaker 2: Listen to me and Jamie Johnson too, first time in Saban history, first time in Saban history.
Speaker 4: This is him.
Speaker 2: I love him in retirement. Okay, I had great respect for him, his football coach, and I agree he is the goat of college football.
Speaker 18: CA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gary still choking. Let me let me know behind me if we lost Gary, this has never happened in the history of Saban. I think he wanted to stay longer and was willing to. And he as they were leaving, he doubled back and shook my hand.
Speaker 4: Yep, and and by the way, he was done with me, the savant. He was free of me we saw today. He could have been gone.
Speaker 2: The Saban we saw today would have invited us to the lake. He doubled back and shook my hand. He smiled a few times. Right, I Don'm not a lot, but I thought we lost Gary for a little bit. Yeah, I look.
Speaker 4: I looked at Tuberville and I saw crocs sticking out of his butt because you were all boy, you know you.
Speaker 5: He me and Keith me voting for Kamala Harsh.
Speaker 2: That didn't go well.
Speaker 5: Well him straight start.
Speaker 4: With, Well, Tuberville knew he had him, so he kept pushing it.
Speaker 2: He's like, what I like when.
Speaker 4: You got that sharp and wrote Gary's name on the bottom of his boot in case we lost him. Yes, I will stopped too quick. Well, you know, he's like, that's my man right there, listening Gary. I die for him, listening Gary Sabama, Gary Sabama. I would have thought that Gary would have been all over sabing and and you didn't give Kaitlyn to boor anything.
Speaker 2: Are you not fired up with him being the coach?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. He kind of talks a little funny.
Speaker 2: What sense he talks funny?
Speaker 4: Not not you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right there, I don't get.
Speaker 4: No better now, boy, really breaking it down now, that guy asked.
Speaker 2: Him he was sucking up and said how'd you like him? When he held him six fingers up, He's I didn't like.
Speaker 4: Him, Man, did you go there? I had to, Yeah, and let me just announced it the audience. The hour that's next is the one I've been warning you about. You think you thought it was the other ones. No, it's this bunch when we're tired and no interviews right because we got nothing left and we got a whole hour show, Birches Show.
Speaker 2: We're back, coming to you live from Greystone Golfing country Club.
Speaker 12: It is the celebrity pro am. Well, the gang's all here, Speedy, Greg Adler and of course hanging out today with Gary and Boy.
Speaker 4: We may we may lose Speedy America. I want y'all know that Hoby just showed up. I mean Speedy lit up like a line, y'all. I mean asked Kobe.
Speaker 2: Ask Kobe. It was like you look, he did say, You're still a jerk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's it's like it's like it's like Rocky Balboa Will looked up and here comes Mick walking up.
Speaker 2: Big Biggs back. We need you, Mick.
Speaker 4: It's like, uh, the kung Fu when he met that doesn't whatever that guy was and made him snatched pebbles from his hands.
Speaker 2: All you had if you're gonna do that, scenario. You gotta have that guy read.
Speaker 4: It couldn't have his name, You gotta have that guy it just talked was still at the concert last night.
Speaker 2: I thought his name was one thing, and it would Hey, three hours sleep or how are you.
Speaker 5: Doing right now?
Speaker 2: I'm good, don't bother me. Are you struggling with Also? Straight up, it was that cred of commercial left ship.
Speaker 4: That's all he can think about, Rick, That's all he can think about is sixty second commercial that he does twice a week. Come on, it's gonna take like five minutes. And that's all the Sun of Gun can think about. Almost cussed, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So I want you to know that I got it. I'll start bragging about that. I made an exective decision. Start bragging about it. I had Nick Saban and Charles Barkley, and I'm not going to the heart break, and the odds of our syndicator hearing me are like a thousand to one. I mean the Syndicated Solutions. They're out of Connecticut, you know, and and Bob and his wife for their travel show. They're all all over the world. And I get a text from Bob Carey from Syndicated Solutions. I'm in Florida and and I'm I'm I'm listening to the show. I heard you just blew off the heard break. I'm sure you have your reasons, but probably problematic for stations and sponsors. Okay, we also Daddy got on.
Speaker 4: You didn't blow through it, you just delayed starting it. Yeah, there's a difference. We've had all kinds of stuff. Sometimes you still they still ran. It's not as though you just didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna taxt that back. Yeah, you were just a minute a minute off on the on the time he had.
Speaker 4: Charles Barkley and Nick Saban sitting.
Speaker 2: There right talking. I was I was three minutes over the hard break, like ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, all right, so we've this is this is kind of how this hour is going to be. Uh, Adler being super Dad is going to go to leave the show and he is he is breaking everything down.
Speaker 2: Good work day, buddy, Tell tell the tubers what to expect.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we'll have all kinds of packages before you guys.
Speaker 6: Uh, obviously all the coaches, all the players, all the recording artists that we had on. That was great, Rick, you had multiple just I mean all kinds of every direction coming at you and you did great.
Speaker 14: With those interviews.
Speaker 2: Man, Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 6: I do want to say that I was most excited, honestly, because we've had Riley Green on before, We've never had Jamie Johnson on, and I was very very excited about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did.
Speaker 14: I did fumbled my interaction with Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 4: Good coaches. Yes, well, yeah, what happened to you?
Speaker 6: I was trying to just I knew I had thirty seconds before he was gonna sit down, and I said, we've got all these coaches and players coming through, but out of everybody, you're the most excited.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't say that, did you hear it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: I heard it. I just had to turn around. It embarrassed me.
Speaker 14: He didn't respond, Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 2: He didn't wait. He said, by far, you're the most excited.
Speaker 6: I said, you are the most excited. Like he's the one that's excited. He said, I'm the excited one. I know, I am supposed to be the excited one, Jamie.
Speaker 14: Jamie Johnson is not excited to.
Speaker 4: See me, to meet me.
Speaker 2: You told me was you're the most excited.
Speaker 4: Remember the time. I don't remember the details. He did something with coach he tried to throw about me and a ridiculous Why don't you just.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to Auburn?
Speaker 4: You like Auburn because you coached.
Speaker 2: Why can't you just shake I know that you like.
Speaker 6: It because you're the coaching I almost ain't there to Nobody else has ever said this to you before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're the most excited, Hey, Jamie Johnson, of all the coaches been interviewing, you're by far the most excited.
Speaker 6: I told Jamie Johnson that he was the most excited when I was trying to say I'm the most excited about Did you panic because of the time iranicked? And then you started yelling at him? So I didn't even have a chance to like.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, did I take over your interaction?
Speaker 14: You started yelling Andy Blakes was looking for you, Andy.
Speaker 2: Blakes, Oh, I'm sorry that was your moment, wasn't.
Speaker 6: Which Andy Blanks works at Ironhill Press, which is publishing Rick's book. Just to give everybody the backstory on that, I don't think Riley Green ever understood who Andy Blanks was. And y'all talked about it for like four or five minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, on the show, everybody knows who Andy blanks as we talked about him off and yes, second hand embarrassment. Like speedy he speaks. He was, as a matter of fact, Roley.
Speaker 14: Jamie Jackson, Janet Jackson.
Speaker 5: Jackson.
Speaker 2: I looked at Riley Riley in the middle of it. I said that, you know, and you, Riley, I've been waiting on this because you're by far the most excited.
Speaker 14: Here is the most excited. He walked away. Jamie Johnson just walked away from me.
Speaker 2: He's like this Jackets, he doesn't know what he's doing, right, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 14: That's an animals.
Speaker 2: This is where he hangs up with Greg Gregstomer and that it is just an animal all right.
Speaker 6: Because I've spent this time to embarrass myself on the air, I'm now gonna be late for my kids preschool graduation.
Speaker 2: But you did it for the for the show. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 14: I do have one last Gary story. Actually, Gary, remember when he yelled out, hey, Robert.
Speaker 6: You know earlier, Hey, heyert rabbit. Sincere it's just so sincere.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: When I was giving Gary a tour of my van when we did the hunting trip, I gave Gary a tour of the van which I slept in because it's a camper van that I'm building out for family adventures and also solo adventures.
Speaker 14: More so solo adventures, it seems yourself. Yeah yeah, yeah uh.
Speaker 6: And I had slept in it the night before and I forgot to put away the jug.
Speaker 4: I used the jug.
Speaker 6: Yeah sure, And I said to Gary, oh, buddy, that's my piss jug.
Speaker 14: Sorry about that. Gary's sincereus. He goes, that's all right, as if it was.
Speaker 15: It was.
Speaker 14: He was so sincere and so kind. That's all right. I'm used to piss judge. That ain't no deal, so nice, so sincere, so kind. I just want, I want, I want everybody.
Speaker 6: You know, Gary is an incredibly understanding god about all kinds of stuff. I disagree with that, but thank you for saying that's all right, Like he had deals with Grab your slop jar and hand me that too. I throw it away, all right, guys, thank you all great, that's all right, that's all right.
Speaker 14: I mean, what wow, why would you even apologize for that kind of thing?
Speaker 4: Thank you for being so.
Speaker 2: I hope Jamie Johnson can take off good. He's so exciting.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, I'm such an idiot. I love Jamie Johnson too, Rick, I wish you had said, uh, so nice, it's nice to see you in color.
Speaker 14: That's one of his songs.
Speaker 2: Now, that's the kind of thing you don't do. You are a fan. I love you.
Speaker 14: Actually, y'all did say I love you to each other?
Speaker 4: Did y'all hear that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened Jamie Johnson and I connected. I don't know what happened to put him in somebody else.
Speaker 4: I took it.
Speaker 14: No, Jamie Johnson said love you, man, and you said love you back.
Speaker 2: I sure did.
Speaker 6: You don't love him, I love him. I'm excited him. I'm excited. Can't tell what it was, what you what you told him was.
Speaker 2: I think you, I think you influenced me thought I think I should be excited to be here.
Speaker 4: And then he got excited.
Speaker 14: I saved the day.
Speaker 2: And also he was the only person of the entire group that literally took the book, looked at it, started turning pages, and then came over and asked me to.
Speaker 14: Sign Wow, Jamie Johnson's legit.
Speaker 2: Man, do you think all that happened because you told him? He was excited?
Speaker 14: I told him.
Speaker 2: I think I cranked him out. It all makes sense. You listen, it all makes sense. I think he thought. I must not realize how I think you actually helped. But hey, yeah, that was bad.
Speaker 14: I was stupid and nervous.
Speaker 6: I was nervous, Adler. I was nervous as That's all right, buddy. I think he's really cool and I let that get to me my heart and spirit. I'd like to be How about that beard, y'all. He's like a gray lion wolf man coming through with his musical ballads that will cut you to the core.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I have nothing to add to that.
Speaker 14: All right, I'm headed to a preschool graduation, which I don't thing.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if that should be not a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 2: She went to take care.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: The show is okay, we're back. Thanks sure of being with us.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 2: Everybody can't hear y'all talk. We are out here, uh live from Graystone, and it's been an active day. If you missed it, go catch the archive today.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 2: Adler is leaving.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh he's he is going to be putting stuff on the YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Some of the interviews. Uh, here's the people that were on the show. Today that got here. We did talk to Trent Dilferd, Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tupperbill Caylin de Boor, uh, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson and of course in Jamie Johnson's interaction with Adler went crazy awkward. Uh but anyway, so that's uh, those all interviews that happened today. Also how social media at looking looking good?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And social media on Instagram on my Instagram all everybody you have pictures of you and holding the book and all that at Calvin Speedy if you'll want to check, Oh good, did you share in those with the idea everyone that I tagged you?
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever that all means, I'm gonna figure all that out.
Speaker 4: Ain't Greg too, but yeah, Greg you you get you Michael in your mouth?
Speaker 2: Uh, so I'm just get him. So we we've we've covered a lot. Uh uh, Speedy's life coaches here, Hobe Alexa.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: I hope he's going on a torn four hour fast. Shouldn't should he'll do that, He'll be coming you could you let help me have your mic.
Speaker 4: For a minute. You're good, gosh, Hey, you can't even have it. You can't even have time on the show.
Speaker 2: Look, Gary's now mad at Hoby. Don't be mad at him. Hey, Robert, all right, so we're going to by the way, the term Hey Robert will be appearing on the show going forward. Yeah, and if you missed what that was, you need to catch the first hour today.
Speaker 4: Okay, So just hey, did you hear him holding court with Robert later in the show And I had to shut it down. I said, you can literally hear y'all talking. Gosh, I've heard he's like, why I love him? I haven't seen him since high school? Hey, Lobby, Robert, I wish he was my daddy.
Speaker 2: Have y'all ever real quick?
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen the Pixar movie up? Yes, the Old Man and the Dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, looks a lot like Robert. Boy, he does, he really does. That's good buddy.
Speaker 4: If he has he or not, he didn't know he does.
Speaker 2: So Hoby welcome, thank you, thank you, Hey Tobe. Hey, hey y'all doing good. Those you may may not know Hoby, Hey Hoby. Uh, y'all may not know that. Hoby was an intern on The Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 4: Show and I loved it.
Speaker 2: One years ago, years ago. So when when did you become Speedy's life coach?
Speaker 4: I think that that.
Speaker 20: I think it really evolved about the last two years. Right, last two years, Greg stopped coming.
Speaker 4: I'll be back next week, Greg, good gracious?
Speaker 2: Three years yeah, a week after that. So so I mean, if you do, you get everywhere you go people like, wow, you'll get referenced on the show now in a second. Yeah, I get that a lot.
Speaker 20: I'm I'll go see a client and the client will say, hey, I heard you've got a beday.
Speaker 4: That's awkward, Yeah awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is award. How's that going?
Speaker 6: Bo?
Speaker 20: It's fantastic. You could give y'all some advice on how to use it to.
Speaker 2: Did you hear me asking about you know, I didn't know what you know?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it a bulls eye every time?
Speaker 20: No, So it oscillates, it goes back a little. It's it's cleaning the whole surface area.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, the whole I mean like.
Speaker 20: I mean not, I mean we're not so you are not getting on the left and right, but okay, I said, we're staying in between the lane.
Speaker 2: I got you just kind of but it goes all the way up top of the road back it can okay? You know j C has one at college.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he says the day.
Speaker 2: Oh, He'll said, ain't gotta love it, daddy, life changing? Does it come down there? Huh?
Speaker 20: Pretty expensive? If you get the cheap, it's Unbelievaby.
Speaker 2: It's frugal. Frugal, you have frugal?
Speaker 4: You cheat.
Speaker 2: I wish you knew how mad My boys ain't cheap?
Speaker 4: How mad is your daddy cheap? Look at them there, there's screaming cheese. So y'all just like birds. Hey, they're playing, they're paring to playing a character.
Speaker 2: I think I'm done speaking today.
Speaker 4: Ahead, you're out of words. I'm out of words. And it's early in the three.
Speaker 2: Hours left these shows working. He's got method left.
Speaker 4: I wonder is there a cot somewhere up in here? You ain't playing one forty? I played at one forty sleep between.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna give j C my badger Tyler? So sweedy, Why why did this? I will ask you, sons?
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 2: Does he reference hope you a lot? Hope? He said? Hobe he did this? Hoby said, hebe you hope? That was really hope?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, sweety, why don't you explain this thing for hope. Why don't you think?
Speaker 4: First of all, I know it's a it's a it's a tough concept. But the Burgess boys, it's called a friend Okay. I have friends, say friends say for friends of friends. Okay, And you talk, you do, you talk to people.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, but I don't share like the day talk stuff like well.
Speaker 4: Just it's between seids, Greg Greg about the thing you don't know about.
Speaker 2: Greg, let me ask you. I just want to say this all day. If I could take that be and moving up just a hair in there now the one. I don't want to speek that. But anyway, so that's what you got out. I just want a movie, just just a slide, don't you just that? Gonna agree with everything you say?
Speaker 4: Gosh, I need more access to both of y'all. All right, so anyway, all right, so Jon, so you just you just said it. So it's it's called small talk between working out and and how you're doing actually you know no about his kids, what he's doing for the week. Uh, you know, it's it's called friendship. When so guess what I do. I have other friends and they're called Rick Burgess and Greg Burgess and Chris Adler and see I have conversations with him two and then they make fun of you.
Speaker 2: So there's a little bit of a different So that that's that question. I'm gonna ask you this question. Answer honest. Does he ever say to you when I Greg said, Rick said, Chris Adler says, not.
Speaker 4: Really, not the same. It's not to say, I'm not y'all are all on me.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking and there's nothing wrong with it. When he says, oh yeah he's drawn, it's come now he will, I don't care what.
Speaker 4: At first it was just about w WE or maybe running, but now all things is what Toby though.
Speaker 2: You know, Hoby said, like, we.
Speaker 20: Have broad discussions. Because we don't have somebody there for that third set, we just have to wait.
Speaker 2: Great time, Greg, you make your pall like the other day. I mean he was I didn't know you were an expert on poison. Oh I'm like, and Hobey said, don't use that that stuff. Yeah, I mean, is he well rounded?
Speaker 4: He is?
Speaker 2: He's pretty well rounded. My wide inch d that it.
Speaker 4: That's it. I got a lot of knowledge a little bit. But he'll break down the show too and be honest about it.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you enjoying this? Enjoyed it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 20: This is fun.
Speaker 2: It's been a lot of.
Speaker 4: If you were in turn agent now and you got to come back, would you want to come absolutely now?
Speaker 2: When you wrap career and didn't rap career?
Speaker 4: Remember a.
Speaker 2: Rapper?
Speaker 4: Rapper?
Speaker 2: I remember when you were that was gone one. You were in there too, y'all, y'all did the boy band kind of?
Speaker 20: We did have a little boy band filter you did?
Speaker 4: We did? It was fine though, it was fun.
Speaker 2: Were you like wanting to do you keep in touch with D much?
Speaker 4: I do? I text with D and Cassio none one because you know, I keep get I keep getting pictures of Cashi.
Speaker 2: Of course some I'm not very flattering. Rick, he's on the road.
Speaker 4: What are we doing? Road life?
Speaker 2: Road life? Well he'll have lunch with Blaring, Caring and Peaches every now and then.
Speaker 4: They all stay in touch.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was a good little, good little group of Yeah.
Speaker 4: So uh. The the conversation that we've had about things that he uses is important, you know when it comes to the boudet and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But out of words he's done. They called bay bid Day.
Speaker 4: But today but that's what we say.
Speaker 2: And pressure washer.
Speaker 4: You know, he's a banker, finance guy, and so he's been he's been mentoring j C a little bit, going into that professional.
Speaker 2: J C starts at Bright Bank on Monday. He does, I was about to say one of my good friends, that's no wonder you y'all talk about other topics talking about speedy and money. They don't go very long. Sure shut that down.
Speaker 4: Sure he'll call about it to you.
Speaker 2: What I could have. I could have money to bank to if I never spend any That's true.
Speaker 20: It's a way to build it up.
Speaker 4: They're about to spit their everybody. This might be the greatest ten minutes of their life. Speed. He told me. I'm not saying he's cheap, but he told me that don't buy boday, just get a hose pipe and one of thannsers on, I know, running in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: And have your wife running up in there. Yeah, and he likes Imagine a person just turned to said I want to check on the show. I'm gonna I'm gonna check on the show.
Speaker 4: What was going on?
Speaker 2: The first thing they hear is that all we're talking about spraying? Well where we were, Yeah, we were, Toby, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 20: Yes, he's fun.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being your speeds weren't talking to me, need you?
Speaker 2: Thank you for being my friend.
Speaker 4: Sure you're not as nation as you used to be.
Speaker 2: Not that's a great So we're back. Thank you for being with us today, America. We have covered a lot. Let me run a few things for you. Let's do a little business here North Alabama. Uh, the Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association has really teamed up with the show and put together an incredible ultimate getaway. It's almost very similar to Gary trying to put together a turkey hunt with him, only they actually have all the details.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: This will be the ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip. You'll go to Willow Oak Lodge. You talk about beautiful. You'll be there for two days. You'll do free range hunt at beautiful Willow Oak Lodge worth fifteen hundred dollars, located atop beautiful Spruce Pine Mountain. This is in North Alabama. It also gets you all your meals, all your lodges. We call that the speedy package. They manage several thousand acres of land for free range hunting. You have an opportunity for a really good buck. Now you are responsible for all the necessary licenses. The laws in the state of Alabama must be followed, along with baiting laws.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 2: The hunt must be used in one calendar year. It's not transferable. If you want to sign up, go to Alabama road Trips dot Org, Alabama road Trips dot Org or Rickburgessshow dot Com under the sponsors button and also under the contest. But so look for that today as well so other things, and we've been you'll see speeds Ar got them up on his social media. You know the books out Men Don't Run in the Rain. We have copies of it here. We've been giving those out to all those that we interview today. It is available everywhere. If you want to sign copy, I'm going over really to sign bunches of them today as soon as the Bible study is over, and you can simply go to the links we have UH there at Rick Burgess Show dot com, uh Theman Church dot com, Burgessministries dot com. Now, if you're wanting a sign copy, that's the only place you have that option. If you don't care about that, then you can get it on Amazon. You go get it wherever. Uh So, so there you go, and the interviews today are done. Speedy's exhausted. Uh, he didn't know what to do with himself. Gary's here, Gary, what what is? What has this been like for you today?
Speaker 11: Buddy?
Speaker 4: You had your staff shirt on and the extra largely you obviously hit it off with Tommy Tuberbull.
Speaker 2: Did you have any other encounters?
Speaker 5: I just uh, I walked around a little bit of a while ago. I didn't say the first corn dog booth.
Speaker 2: And you want one?
Speaker 4: You want to want so bad? Boyd mustard on you you won't want and with mustard on with mustard, and you haven't found one.
Speaker 5: No, they ain't got stuff like it up here.
Speaker 4: I mean you can't. You can't even have a corn dog.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've seen them doing a toe sack race.
Speaker 2: Well to go, they're not going to do a toe sack race.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of folks don't know this, but you're a good athlete.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so have you ever played golf?
Speaker 5: Oh it's been a it's probably been thirty five forty years.
Speaker 3: I've played a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: Not ready?
Speaker 4: Used to have the patience for it? Or what it ain't turkey on.
Speaker 5: No, it ain't turkey on nothing like that.
Speaker 2: So you only have one passion in that turkey. That's pretty much.
Speaker 4: You said.
Speaker 2: Turkeys didn't gobble this year?
Speaker 5: No they didn't. Uh you know I killed a couple.
Speaker 2: Did your limit?
Speaker 5: Oh No, I didn't get the limit this year. I could have, but I don't shoot them unless say goblin.
Speaker 4: I want you to hear this, y'all.
Speaker 2: Not only he won't shoot a turkey under I understand somewhat of still hunting for a turkey. He don't want to do that. But if you've called the turkey, yeah, and it comes in, and you won't shoot it unless it gobbled, it came out because you called it.
Speaker 5: No, I just you know, I just taste fun out of it.
Speaker 2: This is your own personal rule. I guess Gary.
Speaker 4: I was talking to someone. Uh shout out to Davis. I was talking to him. He went turkey hunting. He was telling, actually was that he was his dad, and he said that he had called a turkey in and it was behind some brush in.
Speaker 2: A tree and did not move for two hours. It didn't move, it didn't do anything, nothing, and he could not get it until by then he's so stuck.
Speaker 4: He can't make a noise. He can't make it, you know, he can't move. And it outlasted and then turned and went.
Speaker 2: The other way. Never got a shot on it. For two hours, it didn't move.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's that's your whole comment after all that. I don't know's I don't know. I just thought you thought you would enjoy that because they were like, man, that's just never happened before. Yeah, I'm asking for more now when you have to request more, Yeah, I just move. I think I think I think added added an hour. I think the Davis is up there in the media room. We'll go get him.
Speaker 2: Well, I like to make myself. Let you tell Davids statue rights fat.
Speaker 5: You know I'm trying. I'm trying to hold back. You know, you know I got in trouble the last time I was on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yes you did, your boy did, Yes you did. You proud of yourself. You've been on probation since you're ready mont do that. We got that last. We're almost done.
Speaker 5: I know, I know that's freezing. I'm not saying a whole normally.
Speaker 2: Carry you have you have you enjoyed yourself though.
Speaker 5: People just in there looking well because they enjoyed there watching you.
Speaker 2: There's a guy has one of our staturets on that looks great. Yeah, that looks good man, Wow, that looks really good. You can get you got one one? Yeah, young stand beside each other and the picture here.
Speaker 5: You got the extra extra lord, got the extra Lord.
Speaker 4: But he is right there you so you're trying to you? I on think there's a bigger fan than my sons over yours.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, so are you Robert?
Speaker 4: Robert and Doug Heyer? Who is that?
Speaker 2: Greg Sankey said hey to him, he'said, who's that?
Speaker 5: Sank you?
Speaker 4: He's a Who's Who's Sankey? And I'm like, he's right there?
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't know who he was.
Speaker 4: Did you get to talk to Sabing and all?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't talk to What about What about Kaitlyn de Boor Now I didn't talk to him?
Speaker 4: What about Charles Barkley?
Speaker 5: Well I spoke to Charles one time.
Speaker 2: How did that go?
Speaker 5: Charles?
Speaker 4: It's odd again? What about Riley and Jammie Johnson?
Speaker 5: No, you wouldn't let me talk to Riley. Riley was supposed to come down there. Craffee hunt, crapping fishing women.
Speaker 2: Man, how y'all getting them cropped? Is it true that you won't catch your crappie unless it comes to you? Now, I won't get upside.
Speaker 5: The water one john, Yeah, had to jump one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so good. So many people did you? Do you feel like this culture for use is a different kind of culture to be here? Well, smikey golf course, I'm kind of adjusting to it, you know, starting blending a little trying to blend down a little bit.
Speaker 5: I noticed that people talked funny here man.
Speaker 4: Here he swung around so bit in the break, Greg said, hey, I ain't gonnay anything. I think I just saw call a climpse of Drew somewhere around here. He swung around so quick.
Speaker 2: What now when he was it?
Speaker 4: Drew?
Speaker 2: What's the guy's name that he called?
Speaker 3: Robert?
Speaker 2: Robert coming to guy this morning? You around done.
Speaker 4: Looking for I'm concerned to just just settle down. I think I'm done talking and I don't know how to play. Here's what got me a speedy when it was done talking about maybe an hour ago, and he's still trying to talk. Yeah, because anyway, he blamed he saw it and he swung around so quick. It wasn't Drew though, where I get I.
Speaker 2: Mean, how did I even Greg Speed thought he had something? I was trying to track with it. Since you were using the wrong name, I didn't know what you're doing fake laugh, because I thought I must have missed somebody's name.
Speaker 4: And then house reisens him. Hey, it's some good shade.
Speaker 2: You got about six dollars? Where? So what are you gonna do up there at the corner?
Speaker 4: What do you just need?
Speaker 2: What do you doing the rest of the day?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, you gotta take me back over and get my truck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm aware of that.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're going to shuttle Gregs guys day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, you got that right, We got right and get out of here something.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta stay for the Bible study today too. We're doing that now.
Speaker 5: No, I can't stay for that.
Speaker 4: You got your No, I've got to I got to fobb to it. What you got to getst the Bible study? Gain? Why don't you want to stay for that? Those men and there would love to.
Speaker 2: See you, Drew stay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is Robert?
Speaker 2: It's Robert. Uh and are you gonna read the book too?
Speaker 5: Men?
Speaker 4: Don't run?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I read it one of these days.
Speaker 2: You said, I like, sit down with a good book.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch Gary.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, I'm about to go super serious. You start talking about dad, he'll get he'll get tear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all don't need.
Speaker 2: To be talking prank, right, you love coasting? Yeah, here you goes, there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's all right.
Speaker 2: He looked off into scared my poor old mama. You didn't care so much about mama. You you never nearly killed her with one of your pranks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, y'all laughed about it.
Speaker 5: It was a good one now, and you pold it.
Speaker 2: He did. Listen. Gary tells me that some days, when we just feeling down, he'll watch a video of him scaring my at the time. What eighty year old mama?
Speaker 3: He likes.
Speaker 5: It was pretty funny, though it was.
Speaker 2: It was you want to tell everybody about it now because of you don't know?
Speaker 11: We know what you did.
Speaker 4: I think I posted it on my Facebook. Gery said, hey, you know't what for an older lady? She jumped pretty high?
Speaker 2: It's pretty hid now. Wasn't that too bad?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I reckon so all right, so let me and I'll tell you what we're gonna do too, though. I'm gonna get them out of the here at ten him and Greg because I just heard it there. What's happening at ten inside? There was two doors over there and getting food out.
Speaker 5: Now they're mixing them, Toddy.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, bar opens a team. Oh they'll get in it. They'll get in it. Can you drive me home all the way back?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, no, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: I guess I'll wait.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burchers show.
Speaker 2: Your trapped. Greg, We're back. Come on, we'll be back to the morn.
Speaker 4: Hey, Robert, Hey, Rabrick.
Speaker 2: So we're wrapping up this one.
Speaker 5: May come back, mam, No, thank you.
Speaker 2: This has been a good it's been great today. But do come back though, I mean the people love it so uh we uh we've had a great run here.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 2: And if you missed any of the show today, uh from the uh the interviews Trent Dill for Bo Jackson. We Bo Jackson, this is on one. We didn't get speed. We went at tending one today. Hugh Freeze, Kirby Smart, Tommy Tubrabull, Caitlin de Boor, Uh, Nick Saban, Charles Barkley, Riley Green, and Jamie Johnson.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know a lot of them we've we've visited with many times.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you have those that it was our first time to hang out with them, like Jamie Johnson. That was kind of a cool experience. That was really good. Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna tell you this coach to Boor, Yes he was he was great because remember yeah, yeah, yeah, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was laughing and cutting up and.
Speaker 4: And uh, you know when when we were all fair with hey, you remember how when Rick you know to say right, he.
Speaker 2: Remember he did he would I thought he had he was fine with it. I mean he started Uh. I felt like he looked at me almost like with gratitude.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't go that far. Okay, I felt that way a little bit.
Speaker 2: It felt that way a little bit. It just wasn't mad. Yeah. Yeah, and and that and then we had a moment uh and again you know, we we we went through we did play Bob uh the bottom of the hour break, but we didn't do a heartbreak because there was a moment where you know how they put these things on YouTube master Class and you know, these these things like Andy Andrews is doing with Wisdom Harbor and and you have these moments where you're like, okay, right now, we we all need to be listening to this conversation. And when Sabad and Barkley got to going and we were all just sitting there, I'm like, well, how you gonna cut that out of the audiences right now? We can't. We can't interrupt this conversation.
Speaker 4: When Charles started making his comment about being coachable and all this stuff, and then Saving said hold on, I agree, and then he went further that was that was some about good ninety seconds where the stuff in case you're wondering, that was ninety seconds longer than I was supposed to be on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we did take the break.
Speaker 9: It was just a lake.
Speaker 2: It was we didn't go.
Speaker 4: Through with location. Shows are different because blowing through I have to take things as they come blowing through it. Right, Yeah, he got played it just so he got played in. The crowd is really picking up now. You can tell that everybody is out.
Speaker 2: And I think some of these early groups are probably in the on the backside of the front nine, and so they're going to start turning and coming in.
Speaker 4: So it'll be it'll be growth. I have not seen this side of things, because you know I gotta wait three hours.
Speaker 2: To tee off. I have not I have not seen this side. So I want my two boys and it will be fun to hang out. You know, you you chin off later. Even though that was a kind of acted, at least you'll get to have more time with you. We're boys, you can be We're here for Yeah, it was right there.
Speaker 14: I told you, what are you going?
Speaker 4: You've been worried about this tent. I have it tied down, but the it's the winds picking up. Yeah, it's tied down on both sides.
Speaker 2: The way to go and that nice. Uh, you weren't getting up to help.
Speaker 4: I love I told you like he's been at her saying I'm worried about the ten. When did you care about this tip?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well when I first saw it, when I first saw yeah, when you.
Speaker 2: Hearst saw it.
Speaker 23: I haven't heard him mentioning one word. Just hey, I try to tell you, hey, Robert, just wait, we're not even done.
Speaker 2: No, hey, Roy, Robert, I watched you telling about disappointment.
Speaker 4: I'll watched Gary a minute ago and he's enjoyed the breakfast.
Speaker 2: But you know there's certain there's there's certain holes out here that are sponsored. And Gary spotted that one of them is Golden Rule Barbecue Barbecue place him and he walked toward that sign thinking it was gonna be like a food truck or a food are or a concession area. And he gets over and it ain't nothing but just the sign saying they're sponsoring that whole.
Speaker 4: You ain't never seen somebody to look for barbecue so hard, so disappointed. Rick got like when you talk about when he when he wants you to stop get something, but you don't want to say it.
Speaker 2: Oh look there's a pipe.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, make good hand. I don't know when a we gonna.
Speaker 4: Do this again? Like you like you?
Speaker 2: I like roads, so you like the own location. There's a lot of headaches. We used to do it around. You get to make fun of folks. Gary, we used to go to the beach just for the morning and did the show down on the beach.
Speaker 4: It was nice.
Speaker 5: Well, why don't we do that again?
Speaker 2: You want to start doing that stuff again? Now?
Speaker 4: The technology side of things, like with this unit that we use, now that's that's not that hard. It's just just the logistics of of getting out and doing it. But yeah, these these are fun. These are a lot of fun for the one. Thank you Davey Allen who is always he's rated dance and phone and help so great and then super Time coming in early. That's just and having Master I was telling Davy that having master control taken care of really gives us a sense of, you know, ease to where we know everything's gonna gonna work. So that's nice.
Speaker 2: And I think technically after the first segment of the day, I think since then we got it kind of dialed in. Yeah, it's a little different in the one seat on location because you don't I don't have access to all my stuff. Yeah, you were well, I mean I didn't I know what you were saying, not that I mean that seems.
Speaker 4: But I do know. What you're saying, though, is that you you want to feel it a certain way in your in your ears and your head, for you to feel like it's full and live. And you were afraid that wasn't gonna happen. But did it work out for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I got I got to where I was okay. And the thing, I'm sure remember when I told you were okay, I'm okay, and you needed to hear that. Yeah. But the thing we did not think about, and Tom and I were talking about this too, is when we were practicing with this piece of equipment. It was sitting right in front of me, right here. And I know some of you can't see perfect conditions, and so I'm looking at I could see the meters. But when we came here and added the instant replay and put it off to the left, which we need to do, this is a perfect setup.
Speaker 4: Right now, I can't see the meters. Yeah, so I don't know when we're over. It's almost like we gotta tilted up. Is that John David, buddy? You're so please be quiet now, turning around now, turning around, wishing I wasn't here.
Speaker 2: He didn't even have a beer now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look I'm looking at I'm on the driving range now looking out.
Speaker 2: That's not John Daye.
Speaker 4: No, I looked together. I think it was wrong.
Speaker 2: Hey, I will say this, I hope, but.
Speaker 4: He doesn't pick up on the guy in the apple. For those of you that cannot see normally, we have a cart path here and that's where all the carts are.
Speaker 2: That's why they call it a cart path.
Speaker 4: Have y'all even noticed that they redesigned the walking path to where the cards aren't screaming court paths court path Have y'all noticed that this is all open and they've made a different flow talking about executive decisions, that was huge.
Speaker 2: You may be shocked.
Speaker 4: I did not notice that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, normally you have everybody.
Speaker 4: Car paths, watch out car path you know, and then and then now iverybody's just look, they're trolling on down.
Speaker 2: Well, they knew they were gonna have to do car a car right there.
Speaker 4: I think Robertson, I think that's what Robert. Some call him Drew. I don't know where that came from. That's concerning to me that. I mean, if you said, like, I don't know anything, I'd like to say I was thinking about something and it just came out.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't.
Speaker 4: You were some reason the legs are slow lowering now to me my favorite.
Speaker 2: Parts with Greg tried to go with it. Yeah, I was like, what I'm thinking, who so if I if I don't ask for the repeat, we never know, we never get there.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Greg just fakes. Last I thought, well, I don't know who's talking about or who what the story means.
Speaker 5: I'm just glad. Did I come up here and have a good time and I didn't embarrass anybody?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, what wouldn't you think you didn't be an embarrassing body at all? Buddy, Well, I don't think I have. Gary.
Speaker 4: I got bad news too. I think the mood saving was in. You might have got that hat sign if you brought it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I wasn't gonna ask him sign hand I.
Speaker 2: Think saving one to stay y'all now y'all going through. I think he wanted to say it's the first time he's ever doubled back in and gave a handshake without me asking for one. Well, he's part of the press now, so now wow, Kendrick Spirit he looked at his handle and said give me his number. I think we held it together pretty well. We'll recap on tomorrow's program.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, Robert, so we'll we'll recap that Wednesday Bible study normal time today, noon Central, one o'clock Eastern. I'll just have a sunburned neck, but I'll.
Speaker 2: Be there on our YouTube channel. He'll take you being with us.
Speaker 8: He is the wick Burgers Show.