Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: And if I may say so, it is a particular person to be back in this wonderful building, the heart of your democracy, on this occasion. I cannot help noticing the readjustments to the east wings to President following your visit to Windsor Castle last year. And I'm sorry to say that we British, of course made our own small attempt at real estate redevelopment of the White House in eighteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: Boo, never forget flat room temperature, water under the bridge.
Speaker 4: That's what I say, bygones, a special relationship, etc.
Speaker 1: You're gonna let a king come to our country and joke about trying to burn down the White House.
Speaker 2: A bugger about and find out King Chuck. That's what I.
Speaker 1: Say, Katie. I need King's protesters right now. That's a good point. You got a damn king in the White House. That's what you warned us about, Katie. I need an age in King Charles. I'm guessing seventy eight, Hell, seventy eight is.
Speaker 2: What I'm going with. Maybe he's older than that. I don't know. Oh seventy seven. There you go.
Speaker 1: Wait, he looks older than that.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 1: Wow, he could pass for eighty five heavy rests the crown on the head of that fella or something Shakespeare said. So he gave pretty good speech yesterday, and the Congress really enjoyed it. And I thought it was all very, very nice. And if you're gonna try to show the world that we're still close, you gotta have King Charles here, because their actual prime minister, the actual power of their politics, is a thirteen percent approval reigning in his own country. So nobody gives a crap what he thinks about anything. Here's a little montage of various things King Charles said yesterday, Missus.
Speaker 5: Speaker, this is by no means my first visit to Washington, DC, the capital of this great Republic. It is, in fact my twentieth visit to the United States, and my first as king and head of the Commonwealth. This is a city which symbolizes a period in our shared history, or what Charles Dickens might have called a tale of two Georges.
Speaker 2: Trying to have at the appoller sign good on, I got it.
Speaker 5: The first President George Washington, and my five times great grandfather can do. The third King George as your name never set foot in America, and please rest assured when I am not here as part of some cunning rear God action.
Speaker 2: That's that's funny. Yeah, yeah, but that's wild that.
Speaker 1: The King George of the American Revolution two hundred and fifty years ago this July is his great great, great great great five times grandfather.
Speaker 2: That's just wild, and it's indefensible.
Speaker 1: Yes, by enlightenedment standard, that's quite wild that that's possible today that there would still be any line of succession like that anywhere on earth.
Speaker 4: God save the Queen, because tourists are money. Johnny Rotten nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is something AnyWho.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I liked your screen earlier, and honestly I appre shate the spirit of the visit because we have been very close friends and incredibly close allies at extremely important times over the last one hundred years, especially one hundred and twenty five years, and sometimes you have rough patches with a friend. But it's helpful to be reminded, Hey, we're old friends. Let's not do too much damage here. On the other hand, as you pointed out, our old friend is not our old friend anymore. We remember him when he was a friend and ally now he's well, I'll let you take over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The media portraying it as an attempt to re establish our close relationship as it's frayed because of Trump and how awful Trump is and this and that.
Speaker 2: I think it's more Great Britain coming.
Speaker 1: Great Britain's worried about the frayed relationship more than we are.
Speaker 2: They're incredibly weak.
Speaker 1: Great Britain is the weakest they've ever been, maybe ever, certainly in like a thousand years, relative to other world powers. And they need us more than they have ever needed ever. They can't have any sort of daylight between the United States and them. They're your old college friend who has come back and you're like, hey, I haven't talked to you for years. You talk about some old times and you kind of laugh, and he makes some judkes. You remember the time when and then he hit you. You know, if you could help me out, I really could use some money. That's I think that's what yesterday is.
Speaker 4: The five grand till the end of the months. Yeah, I think that's what yesterday's visit was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember you kind of need to protect us because we don't really have a navy anymore. So those jokes about King George, that was funny.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, yeah, I guarantee you they're like, you know, even your mid sized tuna companies have more impressive navies than the Brits, which is just.
Speaker 2: Shocked with their history.
Speaker 1: I don't like the way Trump has talked about NATO necessarily all the time, or our European friends, but.
Speaker 2: They need us more than we need them. By four It's not.
Speaker 1: Even close in terms of a relationship, and I feel like mainstream media portrays it all the other way around.
Speaker 4: And we have had a very very toxically helicopter parenty relationship with Europe for a very long time, as we've talked about on many occasions, but we have allowed them to become the most worthless, lazy, lacking in character trust fund kid you can imagine, and like, you know, some drug addicted, useless, unemployable, rich thirty four year old.
Speaker 2: Is there any fix in them at this point?
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know, and we've you know, we've talked about this over and over again, but to say it one more time to portray Trump as somebody trying to destroy one of the great organizations in world history, NATO, and not say NATO, all those other Natal countries not honoring their commitment of spending the amount of money that they swore legally signed a piece of paper that they would do over decades. They're the ones that haven't honored the NATO commitment for decades.
Speaker 2: How do you not look at it that way?
Speaker 4: No, I know, because they are so obsessed with Trump. Who again, you know, he said some stuff this unhelpful. But yeah, the way you described this.
Speaker 1: Is the most full alliance in world history because we continued to pay for it all. That's why it wouldn't have been six If we had done what Germany did and only spent the amount of GDP on our military they did, the whole thing would be worthless.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, and don't get out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the media are utterly ideological liars.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: Give you a couple of pieces of information that are so interesting as applies as applied to how people's perceptions have been formed in the last to ten, maybe even twenty years about a quote unquote bigotry and b left wing and right wing violence, and how those numbers and perceptions have been so manipulated. I think maybe we'll do that at the bottom of the hour in a little bit. But I mean, for instance, just to give you a little sampling of what we're talking about, mentions of say, racism racist racists in the New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, and Wall Street Journal percolated along at more or less the same level, with a few ups and downs for forty years, and then all of a sudden they skyrocketed to triple and quadruple the number of mentions that they'd ever had. Is that because America became more racist with more racists, or is it the whole critical theory crowd taking over the universities in the media who want to divide us all by race or sexual minority as an excuse to bring down Western civilization. It's so obvious. But we'll have those stats where you're coming up.
Speaker 1: So, Katy, I got something I would like you to look into, because this seems like the sort of thing you'd be good at reporting on.
Speaker 2: Uh oh okay.
Speaker 1: A photo of President Trump is going viral, showing him holding a b in his hand alongside an apparently shocked first lady yesterday. If you could look into that story for me, I would like to know what's going on holding a B in his hand?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll have that among other things on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay here, let's get a couple of things off our plate. First of all, did Donald Trump hold a B in his hand yesterday?
Speaker 2: Or is that ai? I think it's real.
Speaker 1: It's real. H Okay, just caught a B and decided to show up to people.
Speaker 6: All right, they're doing that hole adding a beehive to the rose garden.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Oh, a little context there, or it was another assassination attempt. We don't know, Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Remember when this happened last year, the California Coastal Commission wasn't going to allow SpaceX to launch something because of Elon's political views. Well, they issued a formal apology yesterday, adding that it will not consider the political views or speech in future regulatory decisions whether or not SpaceX can launch a rocket or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so enlightened than.
Speaker 1: The Commission admitted some officials made politically biased and improper statements about SpaceX.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. People aren't so crazy.
Speaker 4: Cal Unicornia is so run on like righteous adolescent emotion, including builking the taxpayers. But yeah, you are crazy if you did that, I were not really an adult yet. I wanted to mention this because it's cold and flu season. When is it not cold and flu season? A cold is going through the house. And I'm just always amused when I when I go.
Speaker 1: To buy some cold medicine at the pharmacy and all the stuff that has that fenerin men in it fenyl fenorin I don't know how to pronounce it. Starts with the pH that does nothing, that was announced a couple of years ago, does nothing. So I did a little deep dive on your AI chatbots about it. Yep, the FDA found that it doesn't do anything, but they didn't ban it. And it's still like the leading ingredient and most cold medicine that's there at your pharmacy when you go to buy cold medicine.
Speaker 2: It does nothing. Wow, it's so wild that it's still there.
Speaker 1: Manufacturers started putting it in their product when they made pseudo a fedrin go behind the counter, which actually does do something. That's a cold medicine that actually has an effect. But because people were making meth out of it, they had to move it behind the counter, and because they wanted to have something out there, they had this thing that kind of looks like it and sounds like it, and so you kind of think maybe it's similar.
Speaker 2: But all the study show it does zero for you.
Speaker 1: That's why I disagree. It gives you hope that so you'll feel better. They're selling hope. Jack, Maybe I'd have been better off not knowing it does nothing. But just keep that in mind. It's your ear plus.
Speaker 4: CBA, as you often say exactly, Hey, you didn't hear this story. We don't need to spend a lot of time on it. It's funny how little this was reported. Happened several days ago, but a federal jurey on Friday in Dallas, not this Friday. Last Friday, convicted eight people on terrorism charges over that shooting at the Texas Immigration facility, all eight of them tied to Antifa. Eight people convicted of terrorism charges tied to Antifa. Funny how all these outlets that have been telling us Antifa doesn't.
Speaker 1: Really exist, or the fact that that case, or the fact that I just heard this from you and not anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You had a right winger that did anything like that, I would definitely have heard about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, California's billionaire tax made the or has enough signatures to make the ballot officially. According to the backers, they got way way more than they need, so even if a bunch get tossed out. But I thought it was worth mentioning that virtually every non partisan institute to look at this has said that it will ultimately cost a great deal of money to the state of California. A California Tax foundation, which does not take positions on state legislation, estimated the billionaire tax would reduce state revenues by three point five to three to four point four to nine billion dollars a year due to billionaire departures in their economic spillover effects.
Speaker 2: California's non partisan.
Speaker 1: Legislative Office, by the way, said the wealth tax would probably generate a few tens of billions once while costing hundreds of millions of dollars or more annually. The backers claim it'll immediately raise one hundred billion dollars even if billionaires leave California.
Speaker 2: It's it's frauds. It's ot our fraud. It's gonna happen. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The unions that are backing it, they just want the one time cash grab. That's all they care about. And so you wake up and figure that out, the better.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be, oh, incredibly short sighted, and we'll pay a price for it in California for a long time and it won't be a one time thing, which will really drive the billionaires out.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, yeah, But again, the union goons are not simpletons. They know precisely what they're doing. They just don't care. It's the voters who are being duped.
Speaker 1: People don't understand Laffer's curve. But whatever, maybe another day we'll talk about that.
Speaker 4: No, and they don't understand. They never ever think about second tier effects. What will people do in reaction to this must be asked of every single lawn regulations past, but people don't for whatever reason, because they're stupid. There's a Supreme Court case that's gone more or less unnoticed that I'd love to talk about more. It has to do with the what's what's the name of this thing? Geofence warrants. Cops say, hey, there was a terrible murder, maybe like a poor Savannah Guthrie's mom disappearing terrible crime. We are going to subpoena all of the cell phone carriers data for a you know, size of like a large city park around her property.
Speaker 2: We need all the numbers wow that went through there? Wow.
Speaker 4: And whether that's a defensible warrant? Is it a violation of the Bill of Rights? The Fourth Amendment? Et cetera, et cetera. Is the first blush.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, yeah, first blush. I think a lot of people don't like it. It's really useful to law enforcement, but that's sort of gobbling up of huge amounts of data involving huge numbers of Americans, each of whom there's no reason to suspect whatsoever.
Speaker 1: It'll be happening constantly. It'll be overlapping geofences as you'll be having your data grabbed up all the time and in various investigations. And you know, similar to the one time tax, that will turn into a multi time tax. I would guess that it would expand to more and more instances where they'd be willing to do that.
Speaker 4: Minute by minute location tracking is based on GPS data pings to nearby cell towers, Bluetooth beacons, and Wi Fi connections can be remarkably effective at identifying new suspects and cold cases, but it can also reveal information about the movement of innocent people, including their visits to sensitive places like churches, doctors' offices, or political organizations, or their wife cross town and their illegitimate kids or whatever.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, you did something that would be really inconvenient for you and you're in the other party and somebody's running for office.
Speaker 2: I mean, all that stuff could happen. Yeah, yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really uneasy with it. It's super interesting in a topic, though, and the soups are going to deal with it maybe probably, I hope it's not one of the years so called narrow rulings a different topic. Have you noticed, I know, you have all of these progressive attitudes that you're supposed to mindlessly repeat came out of nowhere at more or less the same time.
Speaker 2: Yep, stay with us, armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 1: Iranians are undergoing hardships they haven't seen in many, many decades, maybe going back to the Iran Iraq War. According to The Wall Street Journal, we'll having a Ran War update coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to it. Great.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to build a case right now, and I feel like it is pretty damn strong about why, all of a sudden, Like after twenty ten or so, all of us started hearing about these radical ideologies about systemic racism or transphobia or transgenderism in general, and you know, all your gender bending madness and your there are actually a number of variations. You should read James Lindsay's in Helen Pluckrose's fabulous book Cynical Theories about the critical theory crowd.
Speaker 2: But everybody started.
Speaker 4: Hearing about this all of a sudden, and then it like washed across the landscape like a tide, and all of a sudden, if.
Speaker 2: You were to say, wait a minute, that's cuckoo nuts.
Speaker 1: I'd never even heard this until a year ago, and now you're telling me I have to parrot it or I lose my job.
Speaker 4: What the hell are we doing here? Thought many many people. Some of us set it out loud, some of you weren't in a position to do that. But I've been looking at a bunch of different statistics and they all kind of come together in my head The first one is a set of graphs, and we'll post these at Armstrong and Giddy dot com about mentions of terms like racism, racist racists in your big four newspapers New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, and Wall Street Journal. Also sexism, sexist and misogyny, and homophobia and homophobic, transphobia, transphobic, islamophobia, islamophobic, and finally anti semitism and anti Semitic. I will tell you in advance that that one's not nearly as notable for reasons which.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you could figure out.
Speaker 1: But so these graphs virtually and they all have little variations, but the overall shape of them are identical, with the exception of the anti semitism one. They kind of burbled along with events at a very low rate through and oh, I'm sorry I should mention to you that this is who did this poll.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't see it. It's half obscured.
Speaker 4: But they've been doing this poll since or the data went back to nineteen seventy. So anyway, they burbled along with little ups and downs as news occurred in the United States. But then all of a sudden, in like twenty twelve, racism, racists, racist, all those mentions in the Big four newspapers skyrocketed to many multiples of what they've been in the past.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Likewise, sexist, sexist, misogyny, as you might guess, transphobic didn't exist.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that one, of course. Yeah, but prior to like twenty oh eight. Then in twenty twelve or so, it started to skyrocket. Likewise, islamophobian, islamophobic. This has been going on for so long now. I didn't note that there were much fewer mentions of racist prior to twenty twelve. I didn't perceive that it's been going so long. I guess I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the whole Well, generally you had to have racism to call something racist. And i'll skip to the end the conclusion, then i'll back it up. But my conclusion is.
Speaker 1: The critical mass of critical theory infecting our schools and universities, which started in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 2: I'll spare you the whole history of it, but it achieved.
Speaker 4: A real critical mass in around twenty eight twenty ten for reasons which we'll get into in a minute. But I remember I read a great editorial to y'all several weeks ago from a professor who said, Hey, I was a professor at that time in the seventies, and we thought, look, if we're going to be an institutional vote and inquiry, we've got to admit these radical leftist professors in who are doing the air anti colonial stuff and critical theory and all the crap that you hear all the time. Now out of the mouths of your college sophomore just came home unrecognizable to the little girl you'd sent away.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: But then once those people got in, they closed the door behind them and refused to hire anybody but those people. And I just think that critical mass in academia infected media and your social type of majors and just people who tend to think like that around you know, the late two thousands, and then it just exploded because they felt like they had the power to advocate for themselves around twenty ten or so. And again, these graphs are quite striking to look at. I told you i'd back it up. You know that's I'm gonna skip over here.
Speaker 1: Back it up, backing it up totally different meaning ah so, and this is from the invaluable Chris Rufo.
Speaker 4: But he's been involved in a bit of an online debate about taking the middle ground or trying to be fair blah blah blah universities and where will they get you? And he says, look, there's nothing beautiful about losing in this manner. We've been trying to do that and it's been a miserable failure. And this is from the Carnegie Foundation. They've been doing this polling since the late nineteen sixties. It's the faculty ideology in the United States poll from nineteen sixty nine to twenty twenty two. And just for the sake of the argument, I'm just going to pick out nineteen eighty four, when Reagan was in office, it was about forty percent of faculty called themselves far left liberal, thirty four percent called themselves conservative, far right, and middle of the road was about twenty seven percent. Okay, so it was the liberal. Yeah, colleges have always been kind of liberal. Now far left liberal is seventy four percent, middle of the road is fifteen percent, and conservative or far right is just under eleven percent. So again it's seventy four to twenty five even including middle of the road and scientists who is looking at this commented that because they dug into the statistics, American university faculty are more likely to identify as socialist than conservative.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: It's more than double. Twenty six percent say I'm a socialist, eleven percent say I'm a conservative. Wow, and conservative only leads Marxist by three percent.
Speaker 2: That is something. So when I'm ranting.
Speaker 1: About how diseased our education system is, folks, I'm not paranoid. Well, the last thing I am is paranoid. I'm an avowed realist. Twice as many socialists as conservatives on a college campus in the faculty.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: And if you include them at far left liberal, it's seven and a half to one for conservatives, and you've got a handful of middle of the road.
Speaker 1: And people who are willing to call themselves Marxists. Probably a lot of those socialists are, but I mean, you're pretty hardcore if you're willing to call yourself a Marxist. Is almost as many as conservatives. Yeah, that twenty six percent that are socialists. How many of them are actually Marxists? They're just not willing to say it. That's actually a really good question.
Speaker 2: And then my.
Speaker 4: Final bit of evidence that this is just and again, I know you're busy.
Speaker 2: I know people don't like to read books.
Speaker 4: But this is an absolutely well known movement in intellectual circles, and it's been an accumulating weight for the very long for a very long time. And I would suggest I was talking about this yesterday as a guy who studied political movements since I was a kid, and certainly a college student, look at radical political movements and and whether there's something you really need to worry about the same way. Relate to it the same way you would if you heard somebody say I'll never get cancer, or I don't have to worry about my kid being on drugs, or I don't have to worry about my marriage falling apart because we're solid.
Speaker 2: You would look at that person.
Speaker 4: You'd think, oh, boy, you may be mostly right, but you're being very, very cavalier. I would seriously urge you to take an attitude more like that when you look at radical political movement's ability to really pervert what we do here in the United States. Final thing, and this is of all things in the Wall Street Journal, which is among the best available of the major news websites, which is not to say it's great but it's, you know, one of the best. They have a graph they published this the other day that seems to show near parody between left and right wing political violence. It was in the Journal. It was sourced to the Center for Strategic and International Studies, which by its own admission, reclass all pro Palestinian violence not as left wing but as ethno nationalist. It classifies all anti Semitism as right wing, and all pro Palestinian attacks on Jewish individuals or institutions are ethno nationalist, which is left off of the right wing left wing little graph. And as this author, who we've quoted many times she writes for the Free Press, points out, this is just nakedly partisan propaganda presented as data and then mainstreamed in the American press. And there's more to her column, but we're kind of out of time, maybe for another day.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you all know this. We all know this. Our perceptions of what is happening in the.
Speaker 4: World are so twisted or misfocused by the lens of our mainstream media and education.
Speaker 2: It's funhouse mirror. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to throw it at one point that the a lot of the explosion of very things we talked about happened at the same time that smartphones and the Internet really got going on all that sort of stuff. That's not a coincidence. It just helped spread all that information. But along with the Internet and everything like that came people being able to snatch your data and hang on to it and hit you with scams all the time.
Speaker 2: And that's why we want to tell you about incogny. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Your number, your phone number, your address, who you know, who your friends, your kids are on data broker sites right now, your email, your age, It's unbelievable. All of it's searchable and for sale. Every scam starts with one thing, your personal info being available to the wrong people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all those texts, emails, phone calls you get are people trying to scam you up most of the time.
Speaker 2: This is what needs to happen. This is what Incognate does.
Speaker 1: They contact hundreds of data brokers, they know the big ones out there, and legally force them to remove your information. We're using incognity to get our names and information away from these data brokers. You're going to notice a reduction in the number of spam, text calls and emails.
Speaker 2: That you get it. Can't spam you if they can't find you.
Speaker 4: Right now, get sixty percent off with an exclusive deal at in Cogni dot com slash armstrong. That's I ncog ni dot com slash armstrong, and take back your privacy one more time. That's in Cogniti dot com slash armstrong. You know, I want to duvetail off that point you made about the smartphone era because I think you're absolutely right. Number one, as we know, smartphones in the internets how terrible ideas which were laughed out of every town in America. Enough people came together globally to reinforce each other, and so those terrible ideas grew. The other thing is the smartphone and social media enabled the brutal, hateful policing of anybody who went against them, doxing, ruining people's careers, getting them fired from their jobs for saying, no, there are two sexes, men and women, and you can't change it's impossible, which is self evidently true. But yeah, people's careers were ruined over that. That was part of the cell phone explosion to.
Speaker 1: And smartphone you don't have to, I mean, we don't gillotine people in the United States we ruin your life through you know, the whole social media thing, and that keeps a lot of people quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's why all of these crazy.
Speaker 4: Marxist progressive theories all launched when they did so, coming together of critical mass in the academy, as they say, and technology.
Speaker 1: I've got the very latest news in the world of robot dogs coming up. Let me say that again, in case you ran over a pothole and thought you heard incorrectly. We have the latest news in the world of robot.
Speaker 4: Dogs, the kind with machine guns coming out of their eyes, or just the regular kind.
Speaker 1: Just regular kind of robot dogs. And a bunch of other stuff on the way. So stay here.
Speaker 7: A Missouri man was recently charged with sexual misconduct after allegedly danced naked in the vestibule of an ald storm, or more likely, he was just stripping to raise money for groceries.
Speaker 1: So I was reading up on the latest in robot dogs yesterday and then started asking a couple of my favorite AI chatbots to give me more information. And so I think we've talked about in the past. Sody's AI b o. How do you pronounce that? He I b o eyebo.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's their sort of pet version of a robot dog. I think we've talked about it that in the past. It's several thousand dollars. I think I've seen him in the store in Vegas. Yeah, pretty sure I have. It sounds like a drunken Vegas purchase. Honey yet and uh, and it's more pet related. It looks like a dog, and and and they've they've tried using them in nursing homes and that sort of thing to walk around and the patient see him, and with various levels of success. I guess, well, Katie, jump in whenever you want as a proud dog owner on the whole robot dog topic.
Speaker 2: But then do they poop bitcoin or what? How does that work?
Speaker 1: So I was asking about the best ones and there's one called the Unitry go To that does that runs about seventy five thousand dollars currently, and that's the most high high tech robot dog out there. And what people are wondering if they're going to combine the pet version of the robot dog that looks like a dog with the seventy five thousand dollars. It's more of a helper security thing, doesn't look as much like a dog in all its technology. If you can combine them together, you'd really have something. So the one that seventy five thousand dollars does all kinds of amazing stuff and autonomous inspection roots, it walks the same path daily, photographing gauges, thermal imaging equipment, detecting leaks, all the kinds of things that can just do walking around your property.
Speaker 2: Try running an oil field in this scenario. Well, I could see if like you're you know, your.
Speaker 1: What is your water, your lawn, your lawn watering system, if you got a leak out there or what just anything there's a hole in the fence, could notice anything going on around your property and walk the route and walk your house and do all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 6: Yes, Katie, is this the same type of AI that caused that woman to go? But the f kinda is.
Speaker 2: It's a very good point, Very good point, Katie.
Speaker 1: That's what that lady type of that was a robot dog right in our apartment complex. There's probably this sort of thing. Three D site scanning and mapping with light oar, remote inspection and have blah blah blah blah can do security patrols. And here's what I thought was even more amazing. It can go upstairs and traverse rocky uneven self rights if it falls over, avoids obstacles, has five stereo cameras in it maps itself, localizes itself within known spaces, knows where it is, detects and avoids people, objects and drop offs. Returns to doc to recharge on its own. But it can open doors. Its arm can open lever doors and round door knobs, pick up object objects up to eleven pounds, turn valves and flip switches, drag things as heavy as fifty five pounds.
Speaker 4: Just just out of curiosity, can that robot arm, I don't know, say, grasp a knife in the middle of the night because it resents me just asking for a friend.
Speaker 2: Well, what time got new robot dog get hire for right?
Speaker 1: So it seems to me if you can combine the two, the one that looks like a dog and is kind of designed to wag its tail and be friendly with the you know, it listens for sounds that you know, like your regular dog does and all that sort of stuff, and goes outside and patrols the fence and make sure there's no holes or nothing has happened and all these different.
Speaker 2: Things that could be quite the little tool.
Speaker 4: And I would imagine, like much security gear, it would be graded and priced depending on your needs. You know, if you're running some sort of high dollar car showroom in the city, you'd a dog than just an average homeowner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe that would be a more functional use for it. Instead of your quote Junkyard dog. You have one of these robot dogs. It's patroling the fence and everything, keeping an eye.
Speaker 4: Although it is certainly part of the Junkyard dog package, is it'll bite the hell out of you?
Speaker 2: So true?
Speaker 1: This would have to be more like our simply safe commercials. I suppose where it just you know, alerts somebody of something they're.
Speaker 2: Not, shoots lasers out its eyes. Might you might like this?
Speaker 1: So then I say to Claude or chat GPT or whichever when I'm on, I said, does it shed wondering if it would pick up on the fact that obviously that is a joke, But it said no, it's metal and plastic, no fur involved. Unable to pick up on sarcasm of early Claude. The only thing it leaves behind is the occasional oil drip if a hydraulic seal go and the faint smell of regret when you see the invoice, which is actually a pretty good joke, that that is pretty good. Seventy five thousand dollars robot dog.
Speaker 2: Huh, now they got a mother robot dog.
Speaker 4: I think that's right right. That is the situation well encapsulated, my dear.
Speaker 1: You need to combine all these things well for some people that are gonna have, like the romantic companion that does the robot dog thing. You're romantic companion who you sit on the couch and watch a show with and then maybe have sex with you weirdos, and then it goes outside and walks the perimeter while you're taking a shower to see if anybody's busted in or there's a leak in the waters.
Speaker 4: A companion to me, so are you picturing some sort of transformer thing that goes from leggy buxom blonde down to golden retriever and what.
Speaker 1: I don't know what we'll end up with, but I'm sure we'll have something like that somewhere between the dog and the person that's doing laundry and acting the fence. Just all these different things. Hopefully not the romantic part. If you miss a segment of the show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty