Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. It's the Fifth Hour.
Speaker 3: You know that already with me Ben Maler and Danny g Radio in the audio dojo, don't you know?
Speaker 1: Brew crew?
Speaker 3: As the final four in Major League Baseball is set.
Speaker 1: Danny g and I.
Speaker 3: Mentioned this on the radio show the other night, but the Toronto Blue Jays announcers said, the blue Jays are into the final four. Now, you guys all busted my balls when the Clippers made the Final four. It is now becoming a colloquial.
Speaker 4: Term that, Oh, no, the final four is not an NBA thing whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Oh it is. It's a sports thing.
Speaker 3: You're in the five or it's well, how does college basketball have a choke hold on the final four? There are four teams left. You're in the final four. We now know the final four today tonight.
Speaker 4: That's a tournament thing. This is not a tournament thing. We play for championships in pro sports.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll have the first of the American League Championship Series the Seattle Mariners, who, based on what I've been reading here, Danny, have no chance because they used all these pitchers back on Friday night against the Tigers, and so why even bother showing up to Toronto and all that. So, but that'll be the game tonight, which it's NFL football, and which has got to be depressing for you, Danny, but for me it's not as depressing. I'm a little concerned though, because this game with the Rams play the Ravens today and it looks too easy. I always worry when those games look too easy, Like the Ravens don't have Lamar Jackson, they have no defense. The Rams have extra rest coming into this game today, and it's just like that.
Speaker 1: I actually took on Benny versus the pan which.
Speaker 3: You can still watch it on YouTube YouTube dot com slash at Bennyvspenny. But I took the Ravens plus the points, mainly because I think the Rams are gonna futz around.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play with their food.
Speaker 3: They'll turn the ball over a couple of times, they'll be a special teams blunder, and somehow, some way, against all logic, the game will be somewhat close in the fourth quarter, even if that means the Ravens get a backdoor cover.
Speaker 1: So that's my position.
Speaker 4: How about the clip that Uka Nakua is firing at right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's he's been.
Speaker 4: Oldie Nikes man. At this rate, he'll get close to two thousand yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Matthew Stafford, who I thought would be golfing by now, I did not believe he would even make it to the season. I was already planning on Jimmy Garoppolo being the Rams quarterback by week six. And here's Stafford leading. I believe he's leading the NFL in past.
Speaker 4: Remember that time the Raiders were trying to trade from Stafford. Instead they got Geno Smith. Damn it, you.
Speaker 1: Got the Booby Prize, You got the Booby Prize. Shit, shit, Well, the Raiders have a winnable game today, at least until Gino.
Speaker 4: Oh. If Pete Carroll can't beat the Titans, he should just hang it up.
Speaker 3: Now, I mentioned this on the radio show the other night. I want to get so you're the Raider guy, so I want to get your perspective on this. So my position on Pete Pete Carroll ripping Chip Kelly, it's more about him being upset because he gave Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Pete Carroll. I'm I'm not. I don't have any inside information anything like that.
Speaker 3: It's just my it's using common sense that it's more likely than not tom Brady wanted Matthew Stafford. Stafford for whatever reason. They want to go to the Raiders, he want to stay with the Rams. Fine, so you got that, and so then they probably.
Speaker 1: Had a meeting.
Speaker 3: Imagining in my head in the cartoon bubble, tom Brady had a meeting with Pete Carroll said, you know who do you want? Pete said, hey, let's see we can get Geno Smith. I had him in Seattle.
Speaker 4: He knows me.
Speaker 3: We vibe well, I can win. I can at least be a competitive team with Gino Smith. And Tom Brady's like, okay, we'll call Seattle see if we.
Speaker 1: Can get Geno Smith. And so Pete put his name.
Speaker 3: He endorsed Geno Smith, and Geno Smith has been even worse than we all imagined he could possibly be.
Speaker 1: Like he's the.
Speaker 3: Only people worse than him are Joe Flacco who's been benched and traded, Jake Browning who's been benched, and cam Ward who they can't bench because he was the number one pick in the draft and they're just it's a developmental year for cam Ward.
Speaker 4: So Ashton Genty is starting to get a sliver of room to run. He's been looking like a beast the past few weeks at LEA East, if you have any glimmer of hope. But Carol and his son again efen up on how they put together that old line. Still they're stubborn with powers Johnson JPJ should be an elite center in the league, and they've been using them as a fricking guard and wasting him. And he's been proving them wrong week in and week out, and yet they're still staying stubborn with that black ass Meredith dude at center who can't push that line forward. I don't know, man. I thought that Carol, because of his age, I thought he would be in more of an urgency mode and make better decisions, not looking to win personal arguments and personal wins. You want your organization and your team to win. Your little spats and things you have with personnel and players. Come on, man, you don't have time for that, or you shouldn't have time for that.
Speaker 1: Remember when the Buffalo Bills hired Marv Levy as they're that gives like the and I remember I did a rant in a monologue. I was like, this is great.
Speaker 3: Every team should hire a GM and they're in like an old GM because they don't have time for a five year rebuilding plan.
Speaker 1: If you hire an old guy, you don't have You got to win right now, baby, you know five years so now you might be alive five years from now, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like your Rams a few seasons ago, when they were trading all their picks away, you would have thought that your general manager was ninety three years old.
Speaker 3: Oh well yeah, but and then but everyone told me the Rams, man, they went for it, they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: They're not going to be in the playoffs for years. They're going to be the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: The Rams had like one bad season after that, and they've been right back to playoffs pretty much every year. So it was total bullshit.
Speaker 4: It just proves that these prospects are mostly suspect.
Speaker 3: See now you're stealing my material. Let's get ohio Allen here. We've got the mail bag.
Speaker 4: There quoting you, not stealing. I was quoting you.
Speaker 3: Anytime I hear that line, I think because Looney steals that from me. So you know anyway, ohio Al, it's.
Speaker 4: Mail all right.
Speaker 3: The first message, thank you, ohio Al. I love the man. It's a great supporter of our show music tunes for all the bits that we do. So we have let's see first up on the mail bak. By the way, these are actual letters from actual listeners, and the Real Fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com is the email address for a future episode of this podcast every Sunday. And Danny just want to point out, for those of you that are new and I want to learn all the affiliates down the line here on the podcast that this is nothing like Ask Ben, nothing all like Ask Ben.
Speaker 1: This is a stamp.
Speaker 4: This is not ask Ben two point oh.
Speaker 1: Not at all. We would never repackage tired old.
Speaker 3: Bits from the radio show and put them here on the podcast. But nonetheless we'll begin here for dog yes or who else, but fer Dog and Fullerton. He says, Hello, Ben and Dodger G congrats on your Dodgers advancing to the NLCS. Making it back to back final fours is a tremendous accomplishment.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you've.
Speaker 3: Both been to games of every sport what's wrong with you? Many times?
Speaker 1: So what's your favorite and least favorite sport to watch in person? All right, Danny, favorite and least favorite? My favorite? I'll go first.
Speaker 3: My favorite playoff Baseball, close game, late innings, every pitch is just nails.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that you.
Speaker 4: Told me you love fifteen inning games where the pitchers are probably.
Speaker 1: No, not when I have things to do. Danny, No, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Is it all?
Speaker 1: In fact?
Speaker 3: I loathe those loas loathe those as like a.
Speaker 1: Man talk here. It's early on a Sunday.
Speaker 3: But no, the thing is, Danny, that like with that kind of like the worst the thing I hate, I would say regular season NBA. I just I have no time for it. The players don't care, the coaches don't care, so.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I just can't. I used to love it. I used to go to every game I was assigned to cover basketball.
Speaker 4: And why are those games christ so damn high if nobody gives a shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got me.
Speaker 3: I just I'm over the NBA product. I like the playoffs in the NBA, now, that's ali. I'm in for that. I'm still a customer for the playoffs, but I just can't. I can't get into it, cannot.
Speaker 4: Get Yeah, the NBA really should start their season on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, yeah, most they starting around Halloween. That's what they do. Expition's going on right now. It's craziness.
Speaker 4: So my favorite sport to see in person is NFL. I've been lucky enough to go to Allegiance three times. Now I'm three and zero, so I'm scared to go back there because I don't want to jinx that and it would be a good possibility of that if I went there this season. But yeah, there is nothing like watching your favorite NFL team, especially in a newer stadium. And then all those years I had season tickets in Oakland, and Oakland was just its own culture, its own thing. It was awesome, from the tailgating to the vibe inside that stadium, the walking out of the tunnel with everybody channing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only went to the obviously didn't live in the Bay Area. I only went there a few times, and I actually went to the first I was a sign by the Mighty six ninety. They flew me up to Oakland for the first Raiders game back in Oakland when they left Los Angeles. Oh it was Rams, right, Yeah, I believe you right, they flew me up and so I was there at the coliseum.
Speaker 4: When they were Raider Raiders Rams and I was there at that game ocome.
Speaker 1: Well look at that.
Speaker 4: We didn't know each other, but I had no I had season tickets right behind the black hole. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's cool, awesome.
Speaker 3: So and Firk Dog also says, Dandy G, you've burned all your remaining Geno Smith gear after last week's disaster.
Speaker 4: Correct from oh Lord, I pretty much was out on Geno Smith all the way back to that Chargers game where the defense kept giving the ball back to Geno Smith and he kept doing squat with that ball.
Speaker 3: Think about Genos He's You thought he would be okay, he'd be bad for five or six games, he'll be good for four games, he'll be average for the rest of the games.
Speaker 1: But it just seems he's been like.
Speaker 3: All of his bad games have happened already, and so hey, all right, I'm moving on.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 4: What do we have?
Speaker 3: Kwang from Ho Chi Men, Vietnam. That's what it says in the email Big Ben and Daddy G.
Speaker 1: Shot in Freuda is the experience of pleasure.
Speaker 3: Joy, or self satisfaction that comes from the first or secondhand learning of the troubles, failures, pain, suffering, or humiliation of another. He says, question number one to you Ben, whatever happened to that wonderful drop out? And then question two he says, for Danny or Daddy G Radio, what happened to the school job that you had?
Speaker 1: So I'll go first.
Speaker 3: We still, as far as I know, we still have the drop in and this is one of the things we've changed board ops a lot over the years. And Loraina is in charge of the drops. I don't have anything to do with that, and it's really her discretion. And some of you guys have complained that she uses certain drops too much. You can plain she doesn't use it, but.
Speaker 1: That's her artistic touch on the show.
Speaker 3: I have nothing to do with that. I would like more drops. I would like to have more rotation to the drops, but I don't control that. I stay in my lane. I worry about the monologue because I worry about the show.
Speaker 1: So as far as I know, you do.
Speaker 4: Pick the bumper music though, because you love bumper music so much.
Speaker 3: God, what about your daddy? Geo Quinn says, what happened to the school job? That's from quaint so daddy.
Speaker 4: I went from one before school program and after school program to my own before school and after school program. I had my own kid. Yeah, that's what happened to. That is now, when my better half is working from seven thirty or eight am until I leave for Covino and Rich at one pm, I am doing daddy daycare here at home.
Speaker 3: Now, when co is old enough to go to school, you get that gig back or try to.
Speaker 1: Get something similar where you're out, you know, at the school.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm at a crossroad right now because the past couple of weeks he's been at the Dragonfly Room, which I talked about last weekend. He's been there on Monday, Wednesdays and Friday. That's only been a couple weeks now, But it's strange because now I have those days to do something in the morning, I'm working on the Covino and Rich show production, prepping their show for that day. But I do have some hours where I could do something else. But you know, Ben, with what we do for a living, at the end of the week and we work, you know, seven days a week, you and I, it's mentally exhausting. We're not digging ditches by any means. It's long hours, it's a lot of screen time, it's a lot of mic time, and so at the end of the week it's draining.
Speaker 1: Would you just show up and work three hours a day, what's the big deal?
Speaker 4: I love it. Yeah, I wish that's how it was, but there's a lot involved that people don't see. They just hear the finished product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've tried to explain to people it's not just roll into the rate. Not to be fair that we all know there are people in radio that are lazy and don't do any prep and show up literally right before the show with no preparation.
Speaker 1: But those people normally don't last because they're exposed and they don't generally get an audience.
Speaker 3: You got to put the work in. It does it isn't at least an eight hour day. It's often a lot longer than that, because of you have to do stuff before the show, and you have to do stuff after the show. Next up, Alf from a safe space, he says, greetings, gentlemen, Have either of you ever heard of such a thing as a cat parade?
Speaker 1: Yes, says I know right Well.
Speaker 3: Recently, some brazen individuals, Alf says, thought it would be a good idea to hold a cat parade in the town that I lived in for the first twenty plus years of my life. Now, not only did they hold said parade, they mocked me for having it in a park less than one hundred feet from the house I grew up in. What has this world come to where cats can roam freely without any fear of being eaten by an alien?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: No, I've not heard of a cat parade. I always thought cats. You can't walk a cat. A cat's going to do its own thing, right, that's the difference between cats and dogs.
Speaker 1: Women are cats, men are dogs. Right. You can walk a dog around, you can't walk a cat around. Isn't that normally how that goes?
Speaker 4: Danny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I got to shout out the two O nine area code in northern California because my mom has lived there for years. She moved us from San Jose, from LA to San Jose and then to the Central Valley where housing was affordable when I was in high school and where she lives her neighborhood. The times I visited her, I have to do a double take, a triple take. I'm like, what in that f is that? It's like a herd of stray cats running the streets. I'm talking thirty forty fifty feral cats running in a pack. Definitely shit you don't see in southern California or in a city setting that we're used to. And I asked my mom about it. She said, oh, yeah, our town has had some problems with Farrell's.
Speaker 1: So not the ice cream place. Remember there was a Farrell's ice Cream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the Farrells I'd rather go see.
Speaker 1: When I think of feral cats, I think of Disneyland. And here's why.
Speaker 3: Because at night, the legend of Disneyland is to keep the rat population down, they release a bunch of feral cats at Disneyland once they close the park down.
Speaker 4: To take care a true story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so they I wonder what they do with the cats during the day. But they're they're there at night, they work at night, they let them out and keep the rest.
Speaker 4: Remember yesterday you were talking about island games.
Speaker 1: Yes, the island life.
Speaker 4: There's this thing called island cats. Our oldest is doing college right now in Hawaii and where he's at in yiki Ki every night, every evening he sees island cats roaming around.
Speaker 1: So they just they live in the in the woods.
Speaker 4: They're they're just they don't live in the woods, but they're just you know, they're feral and they they find food and water and they just roam. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know in Kawhii they have chickens wandering around that you're not allowed to obviously, they're they're protected. They have feral chickens.
Speaker 1: Buck. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Well, yeah, ALF, that's that's quite the trolling. I hope your wife was not involved in that, ALF to control you like that anyway. Scott from Florida Rights and says, Hey, Ben and Danny g a dad of one of my kids baseball teams, played one spring training game for the Colorado Rockies in the late nineties. When we were talking about it, he said, one of the things that stuck out from his experience is that he the belt for his uniform was real leather. He says, I guess when they were in the minor leagues they had some kind of cheap composite cotton or plastic or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. He says.
Speaker 3: Is there anything that sticks out? Scott says, when you did your first day of professional radio that made you think you were a pro and had arrived. I'm curious, and I says Danny, if there was anything on Clay Travis he talks about his program that took it to the next level, like a gold plated microphone or some over the top equipment. I think that's more Rush Rush Limbaugh did all that. So, but anyway, radio is a very weird world. I've been to a lot of radio stations. Some of them you feel really important. Some of them you feel like you're in a really big space and you're really just king of the world.
Speaker 4: You'll appreciate this one, Ben, because you're a radio nerd. The word processing, Oh, and I'll explain that. So there's equipment where in a professional radio studio they have processing hooked up to the microphones, which processes the voice. It makes the voice bold. We've been in plenty of studios you and I been where the processing either wasn't there or it sucked, and it sounded really thin and almost tinny. So when you're in a really good studio and it has good processing, you put your headphones on and you feel like Rush Limbaugh. You feel big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, for sure, I would say my time in radio. I worked out of the iHeart Building in Manhattan. That felt like a big deal. Although the Ieart I don't know if it's moved. But the iHeart Building in Manhattan was in Lower Manhattan, which is the original part of Manhattan where the.
Speaker 1: Streets don't line up. And I was doing the overnight show and I looked out the window, like I'm in New York City, the city that never sleeps, And all I saw was one trash truck. Everyone else was sleeping.
Speaker 4: And you saw a raccoon and You're like, oh no, that's.
Speaker 1: A rat, Like I'm in the Big Apple Baby.
Speaker 3: And then actually the iHeart Building in Vegas on Fremont Street, that felt like big time radio. But then when I did college football stuff years ago, we used to go out. I did a few road games for them, well every game was a road game, but they did a game in Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, and I had to record a one hour college football was a syndicated college football show. We recorded it on Friday from a local radio station. So we went to the radio station in Norman, Oklahoma, and it was like out of the Simpsons where they had the transmitter, the tower, and then the radio station was in like a like a double wide trailer next to the next to the and it had all this. It had the old equipment Danny with like cart machines and those twisty knobs.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I had the old We call that the Rick D's equipment because Des used that his entire career.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Anything with Clay before we move on here, Scott wants to know did he have any special bells and whistles that you want to share with the class play.
Speaker 4: First of all, knows nothing about technology. When he would have problems, say with his remote equipment, his idea of fixing a problem was just unplugging it from the outlet and plugging it back in. And he would always say the same thing, I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it should be fine. Now we're like, no, dude, you need to turn the knob on your microphone setting. Well, I unplugged it and plugged it back in. He's one of those dudes too, where he had a cheap laptop. He didn't care about cars, he didn't care about you know, equipment and things like that. But what Clay did care about trips and flights and vacation homes and things with his family. I give him props for being a good family guy. He was more into spending his money on those things instead of expensive equipment and cars and crap like that. Gotcha, gotcha, dude, We're like Clay get an Apple computer? You're he sees from the year twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I was lucky enough when Limbaugh would come out, Rush Limbaugh, who's been dead for years, But when he would come to LA they work out of our building and we weren't allowed to see Rush when he was working. But then they left the studio because he'd be in town for.
Speaker 4: Like a week or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I did walk into the studio and saw the gold microphone that Rush had. Yeah yeah, I think that's the time I got one. He left one of his pens. Remember I got a Rush Limbaugh pen.
Speaker 4: Of course, plastic moment Rush Limbaugh would carry a guitar case around. He wasn't a musician. He had his gold mic in there.
Speaker 1: Gotta be prepared.
Speaker 3: Lenny from Jersey Rights and it says, hey, Ben and Danny, g what is your take on the viral photo of the United States Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy working out in jeans? Lenny, I really thought about it. I did see the photo. I don't know how you could have missed it. It's very odd.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 3: First, well, I wouldn't do it because I'd be self conscious that everyone be looking at me like, who's that douchebag. But the fact that Kennedy RFK is in his seventies and can still leg press like seven hundred pounds, I think I'll give him a pass on that.
Speaker 1: Right. Damn, that's pretty good. You're in your seventies and you're still great, great shape.
Speaker 4: So this has actually been a topic on Cochino and Rich in the past because the guys go to that gym at the Galleria right across the street from our studios.
Speaker 3: Beautiful looking at people at that particular gym, Danny, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That's what they say. And they always have a long wait for the equipment as well, because there's so many damn want to be actors and actresses in that gym in Florence, right, yes, right, So they're at the studios, they're working, and they have their gym clothes with them. But there's been times where both guys forget their gym clothes and then the question they pose is should I be that douche that goes in his regular clothes and works out right now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a rule.
Speaker 3: I go to the gym afair amount not as much during foot all season because they got so much extra stuff to do. But the thing is like, when you get to a certain age, it's the I don't give an f age I call it where you just show up and you wear your Like there's old dudes in Hawaiian shirts on the treadmill, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. I mean, they're just they don't care.
Speaker 4: They're just like, Oh, same ones blow drying their balls in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that is the worst dude, old guy.
Speaker 3: It's and it's not a blow dryer, it's the dryer, you know, the ones the water, the dryer.
Speaker 4: The hand dryer.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they doesn't.
Speaker 3: Reach your balls, and so you got to pull your pants open and then you have to towel the old and it was looking at you and they want to dry.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you have experience with us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the worst was in Glendale.
Speaker 2: What up? Bro?
Speaker 3: The Glendale Jim the twenty four hour gym that I went to there? My god, that was something. Frankin Vancouver writes in he just wanted to complain about the rams Kyn Williams fumble.
Speaker 1: He sent me an email.
Speaker 3: I feel you're paying Frankie gambled lost some money on it, he says, although I should note that my observation has nothing to do with the load of cash that I lost in the game. I feel you, Frank the Rams they played around with the forty nine ers in that game.
Speaker 1: They lost. But that's a couple of weeks ago. Terrence in Virginia Beach writes, and he says, Hey, Ben and Danny g I love the songs that some of the Malard militia send in and have submitted over the many years you've been on.
Speaker 3: Is it possible for someone to upload the music somewhere so we could listen to it whenever we want? Well, I would have to be on this podcast, I would think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'd have to give you my venmos that you could pay for my time to upload all the songs.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of songs I feel like we did do years ago.
Speaker 4: We did do We did a Christmas special on this podcast back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if you go through the archive, I bet Lucky Tony knows what year that was and what day that was. But we did put a lot of the holiday songs in and I would love to do that.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be great. And I guess we could.
Speaker 3: They call those bank shows, right Danny and podcasting those you put him in the bank, so we could do that too.
Speaker 4: Bad CDs are no longer a thing because you could have came out with Ben Maller's Greatest Hits CD.
Speaker 3: Remember those what was it called Sounds of the Ballpark or Stadium Rock or something?
Speaker 4: Oh, jock jams.
Speaker 1: Hock jams, that's right, jocka Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dan Patrick's voice was the first thing you heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, Mike from Nashville, right, since says Ben and Danny, did you guys see the jumbo baby born in my city?
Speaker 1: What's up with this?
Speaker 3: And then he sends a photo of a very fat baby nearly thirteen pounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw this.
Speaker 1: It looks like Lemonhead of the Lemon or Stewie from Family Guy.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Chargers and Raiders could use this kid on their O lines.
Speaker 1: Have we done a wellness check on the mom? Is the mom?
Speaker 4: Okay? Holy crap? Oh that's a planned C section right there.
Speaker 1: Came out of a woman?
Speaker 3: Holy Canoley, my god, is she alive? Lucky Tony, since says Danny and Ben. Why is David Vessey a fan of Poppy the Leprechaun and a chicken?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Because Vassa loves the three cock salad? I don't know what that means? He says.
Speaker 3: My fellows enjoy the weekend. He says Redskins thirteen Bears nine. That's a Lucky Tony who's a Bears fans?
Speaker 4: He says the bearsss a going down? That Brewers slide again.
Speaker 3: No, I think Vassay though, was busy. Wasn't he a cuddling with Kershaw after his bad outing?
Speaker 1: They're trying to make a.
Speaker 3: Reggie from Detroit writes, and he says, I don't think Reggie wrote in last week?
Speaker 1: Where the hell where your Reggie, you schmuck.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to write it every anyway, He says, Ben and Danny, Are you guys jealous that a Taylor Swift look alike makes more than both?
Speaker 1: You do both, both of you guys? Okay, So he sent a link here.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift lookalike makes up to five hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Dollars per hour.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Because of the the popularity of Life of a Showgirl, people are paying her five hundred Wow.
Speaker 4: Let's set the record straight, man. You make that doing one tire reck read? Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I do my appearances, I was on New Zealand Radio on Friday. I did the which is weird because I was on the set. It was Saturday morning in New Zealand, but it was Friday evening in La Friday afternoon.
Speaker 1: But they're like, good morning, it's the morning show here.
Speaker 4: On New Zealand.
Speaker 1: So that was very odd.
Speaker 4: And when you do your appearances at SOFI Stadium, I heard they're going to give you even a bigger sum of letting you take a selfie.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I think I start charging how that woman?
Speaker 4: What an angry?
Speaker 1: Just an angry?
Speaker 4: They're gonna let you take two selfies?
Speaker 1: Angry lady. Why God, your life is short? Chill out, dude, Quinn from Salt Lake. I don't think we've heard from Quinn before.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting Quinn.
Speaker 3: Says, Hey, Ben and Danny, I think I heard you, Ben say that you liked Long John Silvers.
Speaker 1: What do you think of their new logo? I did see this? Did you see this? This is wild to me.
Speaker 4: This is why I didn't I didn't see a new logo for them, the.
Speaker 3: Long John Silvers. Thank you for bringing this up, Quinn. I had jotted that down. I forgot about it this week, so thank you for reminding me. So they have gotten rid. They used to have a fishermen as their logo, then they had they had a fish their new logo.
Speaker 1: Danny, I'm not making this up.
Speaker 3: Long John Silver's new logo is a chicken, back back chicken, because fried chicken. They sell more fried chicken than fish. I guess it's more popular, so.
Speaker 4: They I'm looking at it right now. That looks so strange.
Speaker 3: It looks like it was a chat GPT thing or something like that. And this makes no sense to me. Quinn, and you Danny as well, because there are seven thousand fried chicken places. Right, there's only a few fish places that you have that space.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Trump needs to tweet about this immediately.
Speaker 1: We no no fish, no money from us. Uh. It would be like it would be like chick fil A saying, why don't we put up cheeseburger our logo? No ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to change your name, not just put a chicken in the logo.
Speaker 1: Sickly long John Silver? Was he out hunting chickens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, change your name to long neck chickens. All right?
Speaker 3: A last one, last one, Danny would like to alert all the affiliates. Last email Ace from the OC rights and he says, Hey, Ben and Danny, are you guys of Ruffles guys or Lays guys? He he sent me a story here that Lays has This is hilarious. Actually, I don't know if this is true or not. This might be the onion, but he sent me a story that says Lays has read. They found out, according to market research that I'm gonna I'm gonna run this by forty two percent of the customers of Lays did not know. Blank did not What do you think the blank is?
Speaker 4: Danny?
Speaker 3: Lays has rebranded their packaging because market research indicated forty two percent of customers did not know blank dude.
Speaker 4: Did not know where babies came from.
Speaker 3: Pretty much forty two percent of customers Danny did not know lays were made with potatoes, that lays potato were made out of potatoes.
Speaker 4: Holy well, ruffles are way better. They're better for dipping, and they're just a better bite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm team ruffles. Yeah, I don't turn down lays. I don't turn down lays, but I like the ruffles.
Speaker 4: I guess lays are good like inside of sandwich, you know, frontship, inside of sandwich, but for just straight up chips on plate, ruffles for sure.
Speaker 3: Or if you're going to Hawaii and they give you a lay when you get or if the other kind of lay people like a lot too, Danny.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So anyway, all right, now we'll get out on that. We got football today, Baseball tonight, Dodgers Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: We'll get things started tomorrow. So we've got got some good, good things coming up here.
Speaker 4: It's exciting, yeah, man, exciting time of the sports calendar right now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right, have a great Sunday.
Speaker 3: If you haven't watched Benny Versus the Penny, you can watch it now before the games kick off. If you're listening to this podcast after the games have already kicked off and are all over, you can go back and see if I was smarter a complete jackass, and enjoy that YouTube dot com slash at Benny Vspenny Danny. I'll be on regular tonight and throughout the week. You got any special plans for Covino and Rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a usual afternoon drive except for Wednesday. We're going to be in for the Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday morning.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, On that note, have a wonderful rest of your day, and we love you. We thank you for downloading. The numbers have been great. God bless you and we'll talk to you next time. Austa pasta later, skater, No
Speaker 4: No gotta murder, I gotta go