Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Thursday Ben Wild first two hours of course, the breaking news the Lakers are targeting Dan Hurley at Connecticut to be their next head coach. This according to WOJ earlier this morning. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. You got American Stars. Noah Lyles, the fastest man in the world. Gabby Thomas is also in there. The New York Grand Prix June ninth on NBC and Peacock as they get ready to go to Paris. We reached out to the University of Connecticut and we asked if Danny Hurley was available or had a comment that he would like to make, and Todd got the following back. Thanks Todd, But coach Hurley has no comment on reports at this time. Okay, doing his job, that's all he does. I'm not afraid to ask the tough questions.
Speaker 3: You never know where they gonna say. How does eleven's out really? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, we just had Gino on and Gino had a lot of comments. Now no comment from Danny Hurley. Well, there's a lot of different angles with this, but it's not done yet. That's the one thing I keep cautioning people. I don't know. If Danny Hurley used this as leverage, then it got serious. Now all of a sudden, now you're knee deep in this, and now maybe you have to really consider do I want to go to the Lakers? And the fact that Gino Orienta was with Danny Hurley last night at an event and leans over and says, hey, you could probably win a couple of titles with the Lakers, and Danny just nods. Gino said, I didn't know what was going on. I just brought up the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Rando.
Speaker 2: Wow, pretty crazy? All right, Final hour poll question Reggie millerbal Jon is coming up in about uh fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 5: Final hour. We got one here from Paulieu. If we could have just one on the show this hour, Dan Hurley or JJ Reddick, JJ Reddick, Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd take Lebron. Yeah, I take Lebron. Let's take Lebron off the board, and you could have Danny Hurley or JJ Reddick. Uh, I'm gonna take Dan Hurley. You are, yes, Yes, I am. I mean, I don't know I don't know how much JJ Reddick knows. I know that Dan Hurley might know a lot more than JJ Reddick this morning when it comes to being the Laker head coach. And nobody had this there weren't even you know, they had long shot odds in Vegas for the Lakers shot. Danny Hurley's Name's not on there. Yes, eaton.
Speaker 5: Here's one from the Twitter machine. All right, would you rather have dot dot dot? This is from Joe. Would you rather have dot dot dot Bobby Hurley's playing career Danny Hurley's coaching career.
Speaker 2: I'd rather have Danny Hurley's coaching career. Yeah, I think so, still going, Yes it is. Bobby's playing days are over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they were awesome.
Speaker 2: They were unbelievable. But Danny's got back to back titles. Bobby had back to back titles. And now you're going to the Lakers maybe allegedly interest targeting.
Speaker 6: Yes, Baul, Danny Hurley can leave yu Khon and replace himself with his brother, easy transition, go out through coach the Lakers, Bobby Hurley back to the East coast.
Speaker 2: He would leave Arizona State to go to Yukon. I consider it but yes, yes.
Speaker 5: This is another one from Twitter, not a poll question, but a comment from Evan that exactly six people found that numerology second interesting.
Speaker 2: That is so mean and unnecessary, rounding up Todd had six degrees of separation with the Lakers with all names that have six letters.
Speaker 3: In fact, that someone posted that and then seeing felt they need to share it with.
Speaker 7: The class both of those things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well then on a good joke, buddy, thank you to that is thank you to.
Speaker 3: A good line.
Speaker 5: Then ye oh, I know why it's six because today's June sixth, oh right, six six exactly you.
Speaker 8: Did that on purpose, and twenty twenty four of the year two four is six two plus four.
Speaker 2: Sex didn't do that up, you didn't do it on the sixth, may have subconsciously no, no, And then Reggie and Miller six six.
Speaker 3: And twenty four is all six. Yeah, it's pretty wild, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marv Yukon men have six national championship.
Speaker 3: I just said a kick Kat that's six letters right there too. We have some candy in the back kickcat six.
Speaker 5: And then guess what if you today's June six right, the sixth day two four plus together six six six six.
Speaker 2: So sixth month, Yes, sixth.
Speaker 5: Day adds up to six.
Speaker 2: That's three sixes in a row. You know what that means? What the devil? Oh? That's right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean the segment's going to hell.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this show has gone to hell.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls here. By the way, I was watching The Pirates and the Dodgers last night, and I wanted to see where the rookie Paul Schemes out of LSU when he faced Otani the first time. And Schemes is the odds un favorite for Rookie of the Year. And it feels like every other pitch is at least one hundred miles an hour. So this is the first time they met one another. Otani and Paul Skeens, courtesy of the Pirates Radio Network.
Speaker 5: Two strikes out Otani, the crowd hushes got the pitch from Skims, swinging.
Speaker 2: A liss water run blood right by him. Two straight strikeouts for Paul Skins. I gets two MVPs. All right, clean, crisp. You can hear the ball hit the mitt. And then the next time up where sho Hey, Otani settled in and faced off against Paul skeins with a full count.
Speaker 9: Bitch, this ball swung on hammer to center fielding deep, so Winzky back to the track piece.
Speaker 3: Of the wall.
Speaker 7: It's got a home run show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tony hits it out and the Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 4: It's seven to two for show.
Speaker 2: Hey, home run number fifteen. That's courtesy of the Dodgers Radio network AM five seventy LA Sports. It's certain guys when they connect, it's got a different sound to it.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marv, that's scheme striking out Otani. That feels like Alan Iverson crossing over Michael Jordan where it's like, oh, you may have not won that game, but it's like, okay, he means business.
Speaker 2: You know what's amazing about that play is Mike almost caught up with Iverson to get his jumper, so he crosses over, crosses over, and then I think one more time to take the shot, and Michael all gets that that jumper. That's how amazing. It was like all right, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do it again. And then all of a sudden, Mike's like, all right, I'm gonna try to get you, and he almost did. Doug in North Carolina, Doug, thank you for holding what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Well, Dan in front of me. I have a website called Sports Boston and has the NBC Peacock on it, so somehow it's affiliated. And two days ago they published an article on the greatest Boston sports villains of all time, like the sports person that Boston fans like to hate the most. Roger Goodell is on the list, Bill Lambert's number seven, Jack Tatum number five, Alex Rodriguez number two.
Speaker 4: As of two days ago.
Speaker 9: Who do you think they put number one?
Speaker 2: Hiri Irving?
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 9: They said Irving is the ultimate villain because he almost destroyed the Celtics from within and without no wonder your thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: Well, he's regretted it. You know, he needed to mature. He's talked about that experience there. He thought he was ready to run a team and that team didn't need him to run it. Now Kyrie, now with the Celtics, then it would be an interesting certainly a different story. But I mean Boston fans are going to welcome back the way Boston fans you would expect that they would. It won't be pretty. I'm curious if you know how Luca responds to it because he loves when somebody engages. He loves to have that who wants say something about me? You know, I don't know if he's going to pick up the tempo sooner because of that is over unders thirty one and a half tonight according to DraftKings. Let me see what else do we have. By the way, we talked about last time a coach won the national championship went into the NBA, Larry Brown. That was nineteen eighty eight. He was at Kansas with Danny Manning, then went to the Spurs. Jim Harbaugh's the first coach to win the national title in college football then become an NFL coach the following season. There have been coach is with a one year gap between winning a title and then becoming a pro coach. Jimmy Johnson with Miami and then the Cowboys, Nick Saban LSU and then the Dolphins. Rick Pattino national title in Kentucky and then that was ninety six, lost the title game in ninety seven, and then he left for the Celtics.
Speaker 4: After that.
Speaker 11: Whow stall of a day Stanna day Stata day Stanna to day. This is the State of the day.
Speaker 2: Will in Iowa, Hi, Will, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: I was just wondering if who do you think is the front runner for the early job if he leaves and is Yukon the most attractive job in college basketball over say like a duke in North Carolina?
Speaker 13: That's up?
Speaker 2: Thanks you well, I think it has been. I don't know if it is now, But who am I getting? Does Bill Murray's son Luke Murray, who has done an unbelievable job on the staff with Yukon, does he stay or does he If Danny Hurley goes to the Lakers? I think I think we got to see what Hurley does if he's bringing coaches with him. If he does take the job there, Hey, JJ Reddick could always coach Connecticut.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark yet a Yukon job it may feel like or the Lakers. It might feel like Phil Jackson where he takes a text winner with him. Yeah, where it might be a package deal where you know what you take me, you take my staff.
Speaker 2: Also, well, if you're looking at this and you have financial security for let's say seven years, six years, whatever it's going to be for Danny Hurley, and you're part of the coaching staff there to get experience in the NBA, and then if you decide to stay in the NBA or you go elsewhere, if you're one of his assistant coaches, I could certainly understand that Luke Murray is going to be a head coach at some point somewhere. Yeahton I got.
Speaker 5: It's got the sense too that, well, Dan Hurley gets all of the attention and I guess credit that comes with that that Luke Murray was a crucially important part of what Yukon has built. So I would be shocked if Dan Hurley was to make a jump to the Lakers and not Luke has to go with him, or if Dan made that jump and Luke didn't go with him, I would be shocked.
Speaker 2: Yes, if Lebron is talking about or commenting when JJ Reddick interviewed Dan Hurley and he's listening to that podcast and Dan Hurley is explaining their offensive philosophy, well, that offensive philosophy is based a lot on Luke Murray, the assistant coach, and I think you'd be crazy not to want to take him. And you get Bill Murray showing up at Laker games. How about that. Let's see Kenny in La. Hi, Kenny, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: So I was thinking.
Speaker 14: About this going back a number of years. This is not the first time the Lakers have flirted with a Yukon championship basketball coach. There is Kevin Ollie. Actually, I think he came cloth both in twenty fourteen right after winning the championship, as well as twenty sixteen, and then those jobs went to Byron Scott as well as Luke Walton. So perhaps this is not going to happen. I understand why the pole seemed like people feel that Hurley may just be using this as leverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have to at least factor that in because he had voiced, I don't know, displeasure he wanted this contract extension to get done after winning the second national title. Donovan in Oregon. Then we'll take a break, Reggie Miller will join us.
Speaker 13: Hey Donovan, Hey Darren first time all time six foot one hundred, beer bellied eighty. Okay, yeah, all this talk about the physicality with WNBA, this isn't near news. When I was in high school, we had a couple of girls who were Division one, Division two bault players out of the School of about three hundred kids, and my JV basketball team was scheduled to scrimmage with them the week leading up to the state tournament and they beat the ever living you know what out of them.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. You just have new eyes who are trained on the WNBA. You have a lot of people who never watch. Now they want to have an opinion, a referendum on the WNBA. This is how they play. It's physical. It's far more physical than you would think. But they it didn't just happen here in the last six weeks because of Caitlyn Clark. You might have just happened in the last six weeks because you're watching Kitlin Clark. I mean, take a break and get Reggie Millner's thoughts on what the Lakers are doing. He'll join us right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 15: Hey, gang, this is Jay Glazer, host of Unbreakable, a mental wealth podcast, and every week we will have on leaders from sports entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsey Vaughn, Michael Phelf David Spade, got Fiemmi, and also those who can help us in between the ears, anyone from a therapist to someone like Ed Milett or John Gordon. We've all been through some sort of adversity to get to the top. We've all used different tools. Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer and Mental Wealth podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, Reggie Old Jonas coming up here in a moment. NBA Finals Game one tonight MAVs and the Celtics. By the way, the Gambling podcast will tape that after the show. Show coming up in about forty five minutes from now, to be available at Dan Patrick dot com along with our other great podcast up there. Got some John Boy podcast up there, so take a look. Also sign up for the DP show newsletter. The MAVs are getting six and a half against the Celtics. MAVs have been very, very good in this postseason on the road. This is one of those where if you think the Lakers are going to lose at home, this would be the game that I would think because it would be all right, we're waiting. They are on the road, not sure who's healthy, who's playing, and then all of a sudden, Luca and company they get going. Maybe Kyrie. Kyrie gets a rolling as well. So that'll be coming up tonight. Reggie Miller, the Hall of Famer, joining us on the program Turner Sports, NBA n List. All right, Danny Hurley to the Lakers question Mark and your reaction is.
Speaker 4: I like this coming out of left field for the Lakers.
Speaker 10: I think the prevailing thought, and from what everyone's been talking about in reading, is that it was what JJ Reddick's to lose, right, And I kind of like the outside the box thinking from the Lakers here on Dan Hurley. Look, the landscape of college basketball as we've known over the last few years has changed because of Nil and I could see a lot of these coaches that are the upper tier starting to look at the NBA a little bit because of the changes, you know, coming down in college athletics. I think this would be a great, a fantastic hire for the Lakers if you could get a chance to get Dan Hurley, because to me, not only is he a great Texes and O those guys, but he is a development of men and if you watch any of their practices and see how they play. Their offense and their defense is a lot like a pro offense, and you've got to be able to find the players that number one, are smart enough to be able to run it.
Speaker 4: I think it would be a great hire. If Dan Hurley is now.
Speaker 10: I don't know if he's looking for a bigger pay cut or a bigger payday from Yukon, like using this as leverage, but if he is serious about coaching at the highest level, which is the NBA game, this would be a fantastic leap for him.
Speaker 4: He has nothing else to prove in college, back to back champions at Yukon, so he doesn't have anything to prove anymore. The next step for him would be and how about this, your first gig in a pro would be the Lakers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, come on now, and coaching Lebron and ad why not?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the down sign?
Speaker 4: It's the Lakers. And with that comes a lot of scrutiny.
Speaker 10: Every single practice, every single game, every single press conference was a big thing because number.
Speaker 4: One, you're on the clock. Because you're on the.
Speaker 10: Clock, because it's a countdown to the end of Lebron's career. He's probably going to retire a Laker, so that takes a life and a meaning of its own. But again, there's always more plus size because you're playing for a franchise with sixteen seventeen banners hanging in the rafters, with all those Hall of Fame jerseys hanging up there as well, that you can rely on.
Speaker 4: To me, there's more pluses.
Speaker 10: I'm sure a lot of people in left field and be like, he has no NBA experience, what is he doing?
Speaker 4: This is gonna be Rick Bettino and John caler Pari all over again.
Speaker 10: Maybe they're right, maybe so, But I just think Dan Hurley would be a fantastic fit for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Would Dan Hurley be better for Brownie James or Lebron James?
Speaker 4: Maybe both.
Speaker 10: Look, there's no secret the Lakers in the second round have what the fiftieth fifty second pick something like for I thank you, okay, And Lebron has made no secret that you also to play with his son. I think you can achieve both here as well as get Dan Hurley. Again, but this is all about the bigger, the bigger James as opposed to the smaller James.
Speaker 2: Okay, But would you have a problem as an established veteran. If Indiana would have brought in a college coach like Brad Stevens would have left Butler, let's say at the height of when he was there at Butler and took over the Pacers, how would that go over with you, Mark Jackson, the Davis Brothers, Rick Smith.
Speaker 10: If Brad Stevens would have had two championships behind him, I mean, you can't fault what Dan Hurley has done. And I think having those two back to back ships and the success he's had a Yukon, I think that gives him a little bit of a little bit of a cacheme if you're coming into the Lakers. And again, if you watch Yukon, if you watch them playing, you've watched their offense. It is very sophisticated and I think it's next level and I think that could be applied to Lebron and aad and moving forward.
Speaker 2: Can you explain that though, reg because I likened it to the triangle offense that Phil had that he had to get his players to buy in in Chicago and LA. I don't know what this reincarnation of NBA offense, What exactly is Dan Hurley teaching that can translate to the NBA.
Speaker 10: Well, his offense is a lot from the European teams. He went over to Europe and really stole a lot of their offense. It's a lot of cutting movie the ball doesn't stick. And what I think and how it can be applied and be great for the Lakers is that you are going to be putting your two best players Lebron an Ad with Aflock running down.
Speaker 4: You're going to put them in actions to be successful. And it's a lot like.
Speaker 10: As you mentioned, the triangle where it starts on one side, but your two players have so much influence when the ball comes back to them. Then being able to make a quick decision, which Lebron and Ad do, and being able to score in traffic and make plays for others.
Speaker 4: Now they will have to do a little bit.
Speaker 10: More with a roster because they're don't have to find a little bit more shooting. That's something that the Lakers haven't had over the last few years. They've got to find better shooting and probably an established point guard that helped run this offense as well.
Speaker 2: How do you think JJ Reddick feels today.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's still out of the running here.
Speaker 2: These are just reports, but he was supposed to be getting the job. It felt like a mere formality. Now all of a sudden, you're getting dressed up for your press conference and then they say, well, slow that down a little bit, slow that down, don't put on the time.
Speaker 10: I think JJ has bigger things to think about with the NBA Finals getting ready to start and here for the next two weeks or so.
Speaker 4: I'm sure his head is kind of focused that way, but in the back of his mind, sure, yes.
Speaker 10: I mean, now there's another player in the situation here, and a guy, Dan Hurley, who's well established, who has actually coached the team before. So yeah, I'm sure he's not feeling great, but his name is still in the running here.
Speaker 4: It's down with these two.
Speaker 2: I would assume talking to Reggie Miller, the Hall of Famer. We have Game one tonight in Boston. Dallas has been a really good road team. What is the key to being a really good road team?
Speaker 10: I think blocking out all the white noise. And you've got two guys on their team who really.
Speaker 4: Don't care who can play at home, and it's just as effective on the road, Luca and Kyrie. And it's interesting and I tell people this all the time. Luca has played in more and bigger games overseas when he was fifteen or sixteen turning pro in the EuroLeague. And if you've ever seen any of those those games and those fan bases for those EuroLeague games, it makes our fans.
Speaker 10: Look like child's plays. So he's been in bigger environments. Yes, this is the NBA Finals and this is the crowning jewel of basketball, but Luca has played in bigger games on the road in.
Speaker 4: EuroLeague at a younger age. So this is not going to face him. And with Kyrie coming back to Boston, with everything that transpired on his exodus, out him stopping on Lucky at center court and all that, that just adds to the drama. Kyrie won't be phased. And the rest of those Vavericks, they follow those two guys, So I don't think being on the road is going to phase them whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Lebron really feels that Kyrie is the most talented player, most gifted player, that he's more talented, more gifted than Lebron is.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean.
Speaker 10: Obviously he played with him, he won a championship with him, He saw him wanted every day.
Speaker 2: But what does that mean gifted? I mean Lebron is in.
Speaker 10: Terms of ball handling, finishing, shooting, shot creating, shot making. I think he's adding all that into the mix here. Look, he's he's not six eight too, forty two thirty and built like a tank, and you know has played twenty one years. Lebron is a different breed too now. But I think he's talking in terms of total package. Is ball handling and shot making, creating.
Speaker 2: Is he more gifted than Steph?
Speaker 10: I think he's on the same level as Stefan in terms of creativity with the basketball, his shot making. Obviously, Steph is to me a better shoot, but I would put Kyrie right up there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 10: I think the comparison a lot of people are saying is that he is a smaller version of Kobe Bryant. I think a lot of people like to make that comparison in terms of ball handling, being able to create your own shot, being able to finish in difficult environments in the pain Kobe, Kyrie even MJ a little bit. But though MJ wasn't handling like Kyrie, Kyrie is a savant with the basketball.
Speaker 2: Okay, how did the Celtics not win this series.
Speaker 10: Frech wow, it's theirs for the taking. But look to me, this is all gonna come down to two things. How does Celtics play Dallas in the pick and roll? Because you only have three options. You're gonna blitz, You're gonna trap, you're gonna drop. Those are your only three options. And which one all the three? There's one that I would do every single time, and that's blitz. I would blitz Luca.
Speaker 4: I would blitz Kyrie and make those sinners Dereck Lively, Daniel Gafford, make them be playmakers. And if they find PJ. Washington, if they find Josh Green, if they find Derrick Jones in the corner, and those dudes make shots. We were going to lose anyway. But if you drop or if you switch, Luca and Kyrie are going to have a fields date. We've already seen the blueprint.
Speaker 10: We saw it versus Okac, and we certainly saw it versus Minnesota when Rudy Gobert was trying to guard Luca and the drop or you know, they were hard hedging and we saw every single scenario and he destroyed them.
Speaker 4: To me, blitz get the ball, out his hands and make those.
Speaker 10: Sins become playmakers, and if they make plays, you're gonna lose anyways, so be it.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering about this that I think jokers the best player in the world, but it felt like he needed to win a title to have that official label. And now you're the best player if Luca wins the title this year. Now he hadn't won an MVP, but it feels like he's on the verge of or people are waiting for him to be on the verge of being the best player in basketball. Whether he is or not, winning that title all of a sudden validates authenticates you would Luca be considered the best player in basketball if Dallas wins the title.
Speaker 4: Daniel, And if you listen to Jason Kidd, he has alluded and said this all along. He's like, the league is actually giving you the keys to the kingdom, young man.
Speaker 10: All you need to do is finish the job. And by finishing the job, that's by winning the championship. And think about the road that the Dallas Mavericks has has had to take to get to the NBA Finals. Maybe a fifty plus win team in the Clippers, a fifty plus win team and the number one seed OKC Thunder, a fifty plus win team in Minnesota. Now you're going against the Juggernaut, the team that's tied with the most NBA championships in the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 4: You're starting on the road once again. This is a fourth Sea series.
Speaker 10: That they will they will have started on the road if they can find a way to win this. Yes, he now becomes part of the face along with the Joker, as the face of the NBA.
Speaker 4: But you got to win the ship. You've got to win the ship for that to happen.
Speaker 2: When you played in the NBA finals, I think Shack was twenty seven, oh.
Speaker 4: Man, Now Kobe went nineteen or twenty.
Speaker 2: He was twenty one. I think during the finals.
Speaker 4: Damn you, damn you. But here you're going here, you're going. You're gonna make me feel bad, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, okay, if I didn't face well, I haven't faced Shack. You did Chack at twenty seven? What was that like? When you go into the finals and you know that dude is he's omnipresident. He's there and he's not leaving.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you this, Larry Bird came to Mark Jackson and I, along with Recall All, I was like, we have no answer for Shock. We're not gonna have any answer in this series.
Speaker 10: What we're gonna do, Sam Perkins, Rick Smith's, Dale Davis, We're just we're just gonna hack a shack and he's gonna have to make free throws. If you go back and look, and Paul Ley, I want you to look this up as we're talking. I believe he averaged twenty five or thirty three throws in that series. I believe game one or Game two he may have shot forty plus free throws. We were just going to foul him and if he made free throws, great.
Speaker 4: We had no answers.
Speaker 10: It was trying to stop the Rick Foxes, the Glen Rises, the Kobe's, everyone else. We felt then we had a shot, but we had no answer because other than Willed, none of us played against Wilt, but really saw Will.
Speaker 4: He's been the most dominant force in our game, and there was no answer for him. So all we tried to do was just hack a shacker.
Speaker 2: He averaged you know what he averaged in that series?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like thirty five eighteen five Fox.
Speaker 2: I think he averaged thirty eight and seventeen.
Speaker 4: I'll see, I'm look, I said thirty five and seventeen. I'm sorry, shot thirty eight? What you said?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight, thirty eighteen, seventeen. How many blocks did he average? Ball three? Okay only three?
Speaker 4: How many free throws did he average?
Speaker 6: He shot? He attempted ninety three free throws in six games. He shot thirty nine percent for the free throw line.
Speaker 2: What's the most free throws he took in a game? Reggie said he might have taken forty. I was at those games.
Speaker 6: I have twenty two in a game.
Speaker 4: He shot. Look at how many free doll attempts did he shoot? Free door tempts?
Speaker 6: Not me, he didn't make twenty two in the whole playoffs. I got Shack. Hold on, he attempted a hold on this game. Here, hold on, I'm telling it might be right. I don't I remember he went to the line a lot because I was at that series. But I'm telling you he shot throw. In Game two, Shack was eighteen for thirty nine from the free line.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Regg.
Speaker 2: That's impossible to go eighteen of thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh my, think about shooting thirty nine?
Speaker 2: Oh no, if he could make free throws, then he wouldn't have shot thirty nine free throws. The fact that he couldn't is why he shot thirty nine free throws. Damn eighteen. Your son can shoot better than Shaq did from the line, right, probably, Yes, your wife could probably shoot better than Chack from the line.
Speaker 4: But we couldn't stop them down though.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh my god. Shaq was only twenty six, then twenty seven, twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven, Gee, what man? Those dudes should have stayed They could have been well, they are considered one of the greatest duels of all time, but just imagine if they would have stayed together a few more means. Okay, we're talking.
Speaker 2: Best duo is Mike and Scotty.
Speaker 4: If you're going by Chips and all that, you got to put them up there. But I'm putting Kobe. Kobe is shack man. They were different. I know I was close.
Speaker 2: To okay, more dominating. Okay, who would scare you more? You're going against Scotty and Mike or Shaq and Kobe.
Speaker 4: I went against them both and they both beat my head.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will against them, okay, but who would you rather have faced if I said, you can pick. You got Mike, and you got Scottie, you got Shaq and Kobe.
Speaker 4: I still would want to face twenty seven year old Shack and twenty one year old Kobe because he's still a little green. Kobe was right, he grew into one of the greatest of.
Speaker 10: All time, but he was still young when I faced him going against Mike and Scottie.
Speaker 4: They were they were already there, they were already at the mountain top.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to. You always love you, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Uh Who do you have? Who do you have winning NBA Finals? Uh? I have the Celtics, I have doubt I have Dallas in six.
Speaker 2: Dallas is a great wether. Okay, if the Boston wins, then we finally put it to bed, and then we recognize this group for doing something pretty incredible. If Dallas wins, you got the Kyrie story, you got you got Luca's story, Jay kids store like it. That's a better There's a lot more storylines I can run with if Dallas wins. And then of course the pressure that the MAVs winning puts on the Dallas Cowboys, which is what everybody is going to jump to. That conclusion that. Yeah, Yeah, come on, don Luca did it? Luca did it?
Speaker 4: That's up to you.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, Reg we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 4: Appreciate your Theatore and my Dandy.
Speaker 2: That's Reggie Miller, Hall of Famer, Turner Sports NBA Analyst. We'll take a break. Last call for phone calls right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls? What we learned? What's in store tomorrow? Sean and Indy. Welcome back, Sean. What's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Hey, Dan, I got some more numerology for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's Yeah?
Speaker 12: What's the date today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we brought that up.
Speaker 12: It was, oh, it's the six months of.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I know, yeah, yeah, we brought that up. Yeah, we brought that up.
Speaker 4: Six six six.
Speaker 2: Todd has his numerology running down all the names involved with the Lakers. Six names, six letters, yes.
Speaker 5: Day for Motley Crue. As a matter of fact, they would be very into this day.
Speaker 2: They have a song.
Speaker 5: They were very into six six six sixes. Yeah, back in the day, back in the eighties. Uh huh Uh Jack and Indy? Hi Jack, what's to be six?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: He's a guitar player for Motley Crue. Oh okay, yeah, is he still alive? He's still with us? Okay?
Speaker 6: Soft?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 2: Jack and Indy? Hey Jack? What's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 13: You doing damn?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 16: Just first of all, it is for first time long time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 16: I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the show and the break you give me every day from the New York Jet Network. I. Uh, I'm taking my kids to Indy or too, sorry to h New York this weekend. We're going to Yankee game tomorrow. And I know in the past I've heard you give, you know, some suggestions for dinner or something fun to do, uh, cool places to go. So I was going to hit you up for that. And I wanted to ask Marvin about the uh if I remember right, I think his mom took him to the Michael Jackson Show and I'm Broadway show still playing, and I was going to get his approval or his read on that that was worth going on?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Was it worth Jack taking his kids to see Michael Jackson original cast?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Definitely original cast. Yeah, loved.
Speaker 2: Oh you did it.
Speaker 7: It was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Is it still on Broadway?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see restaurant wise, there's so many of them. Yeah, there is if you really want to treat them to something special. Keynes Steakhouse. It's in the Theater District. That's like thirty sixth and sixth. If you can get in great state, great atmosphere there, get on the Staten Island ferry and don't get off the Staten Island ferry, but go all the way to Staten Island and then back and you're going to see the Statue of Liberty. You're going to see the southern tip of Manhattan. And if you do it when it's right around dusk, around around seven thirty eight o'clo, it'll be gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Gues don.
Speaker 3: What about that place that you rave about that has the chicken palm pizza in Midtown?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's quality of Toil. Yeah, yes, it's a pizza shaped chicken parm.
Speaker 3: What else could you possibly want?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. When Todd saw.
Speaker 3: That, I couldn't believe they make such a thing.
Speaker 2: He goes, wait, is that a pizza chi chicken palm pizza. It's both it's chicken palm, but it's shaped like a pizza.
Speaker 3: That is just an incredible invention, is what that is. It's like electricity or the wheel.
Speaker 2: That's a quality. Quality Italian There Aaron and fort Wayne hi eron what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan, thanks for taking my call. You know, I'll just listened to all this Dan Hurley stuff and I just want your opinion on how much do.
Speaker 17: You the lure of college basketball playing to his decision? Because we're just looking like college coaches differently. I mean Jim Bayh and Bob Knight, they're immortalized forever and NBA coaches is just different.
Speaker 12: How much if they that's playing into his decision? Also, I have a pie of the Faith bet to get from Seaton the number three pick Drake May went to the Patriots. So would you like to get a soup sponsor and do a New England clamp chowder over the head?
Speaker 14: Thank you, Dan?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what the bet was with Drake May. Did you guys follow that with some New England chowda over the head? I didn't. I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't get it not sure. You know my attention span is not the way it used to be. This day in sports history, Paulie, I'll just give you one.
Speaker 6: Wayne Gretzky of the Kings won the Heart Trophy for the ninth time. He was the first player in NHL history to win the same ward nine times. He won it nine of his first ten seasons as a pro.
Speaker 2: That is pretty awesome.
Speaker 7: Insane.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Alan Iverson stepping over Tylu on this date. In two thousand and one, he had forty eight in Game one of the NBA Finals. That was the only game the Sixers won. And I was at that series and I thought, oh my god, they took Game one. Can they win this thing? No, they can't. Once again, one of the worst lineups to ever go to an NBA Finals. The Rally Monkey debut back in two thousand with the Angels come back went over the Giants. The Rally Monkey. Let me see anything else in Ooh, Kevin McHale clothesline Kurt Rambis. That happened on this day in nineteen eighty four, and Boston won in overtime one twenty nine to one. Twenty five went on to win the series in seven and no fouls called. There probably was no flagrant found. They weren't throwing people out. That was a hard playoff, found Todd. Would you learn today.
Speaker 3: Targeting and sports can be a negative? But now what if the Lakers targeting Danny Hurley as an ex head coach?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Satan.
Speaker 5: I learned from Todd? What it is that's powering everything in the world. Electricity.
Speaker 3: You can par pizza electricity and the wheel electricity?
Speaker 2: What extricity? Electricity, electric electricity, Marvin also known as electricity.
Speaker 7: The Lakers are trying to one peat well.
Speaker 2: We brought to you by tire rack dot com, official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Electricity, Electricity, Zeke, tire decision Guide, full lineup of Pirelli tires. They got everything, great deals, great people, great tires. Tire rack dot Com. Have a great day. We'll talk to you tomorrow.