Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty and Honor Halloween.
Speaker 2: Chipotle has announced that it will offer burritos to customers and costume for six dollars.
Speaker 1: After three pm.
Speaker 3: Good news for the front of the horse, but horrible news for the back.
Speaker 4: I had Mexican food last night, my son and I, and we both regretted it afterwards, even though it was perfectly good food. It wasn't Chipotle, but you know, big greasy, heavy meal. You know how it is a hot day, and I've been wanting to do this for years. I just don't know if I could ever pull it off. I would like to eat healthy well for a day, it would be a good start, but like for a whole week, and just see how I felt like if I just ate really good light, non greasy, not fatty and sugary, just like healthy for a whole week.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be shocking how good I would feel. I assume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish I had a nutritionist. Please don't write if offering your services, I know where to find them. But just you know, like Tom Brady has a cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's somebody, very fit, attractive, blonde woman offered to do that for me and I I have not taken her up on that offer because it just you don't want to do that, trust me, you don't want to get involved in my life, but trying to feed me because I just I have bad I have horrible habits. There's no fixing them. But there there are very few super rich things I wish I could do. Like if I was super rich, like I don't need a nicer car or bigger house or any of that stuff, but the whole haveven Like a cook nutrition thing would be pretty damn cool. Somebody that crafts you a meal, snacks everything around you all the time, makes it super easy, takes care of all that that I would dig I think I could do it then, or maybe maybe I'm lying to myself. Maybe I'd be putting on a fake mustache and a hat and slipping out the back door, going.
Speaker 3: To the convinced indoor, brow beating them, saying, listen, damn it.
Speaker 1: You work for me. I don't care what I hold you. You're making me a big Gracie bacon burrito right now.
Speaker 4: Say, it'd be like one of those things we've all seen in sitcoms or whatever. Okay, don't let me out, no matter how hard I beg, do not let me out.
Speaker 3: The young Frankenstein see it exactly.
Speaker 4: It'd be one of those Okay, I'm telling you right now to start the week, no matter how hard I beg or threaten you or whatever, do not let.
Speaker 1: Me eat crap.
Speaker 3: Just makes the good stuff coming up later this hour can't wait. A really well, at least somewhat encouraging update to the whole CBS News Tony de couple a ton of Hashi coats flap and that that awful skin crawling afraid of their own staff meeting that we played to the audio for yesterday.
Speaker 1: A little update on that story.
Speaker 3: A couple of stories worth just touching on, at least briefly. Taiwan's new leader has taken office and made a speech saying essentially Taiwan Well. He reasserted his stance on Taiwan's sovereignty and that Beijing had no right to represent it or claim it.
Speaker 1: But he also called.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Taiwan is determined to maintain piece and stability across the Taiwan straight and achieve global security and prosperity. Taiwanese security officials said this week that they expected China to launch new drills in response to the speech, regardless of what the leader said. Chinese military said it's drills in May were a strong punishment for separatist acts, to which I would be tempted to reply, um.
Speaker 1: Were separate is the thing? Lii I said.
Speaker 3: The People's Republic of China has no right to represent Taiwan in Beijing. Mao Nang, spokeswoman for China's communist totalitarian Foreign Ministry, shot back at president lie quote. Taiwan has never been a country and will never be a country, she said during a regular daily briefing. Wellly, she's way better than KGP because you understand what she's trying to say. That is a flashpoint totalitarian biash. Moving along headline from the Wall Street Journal, Companies are scrapping or rolling back DEI grants, pullback an aid for black and Hispanic owned businesses follows litigation from activists. They made a commitment, it went away. That's some of the activists talking about it. But yeah, the companies, the universities, the state of California. There's a big program in San Francisco that's gotten a lot of scrutiny too recently. They are all flagrantly violating federal law through racial preferences.
Speaker 4: Well, that's one of the great examples of the difference you get between a a Republican or Trump led white House and Kamala Harris DEI continues to be out there and grow if Kamala's in the White House, or at least that's what I should be trying to pull off, and it runt if Trump's.
Speaker 1: In the white House.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's I get I suppose they are activists in a way that people who are fighting against this stuff. But to say, hey, federal law says says this, and you're violating it like all the time, does that make me an quote unquote activist? I suppose am I active in this scenario? I think you know what I'm driving at. Don't don't portray me as some sort of you know, is zealot for wanting federal law that's voted upon and judged by the judges. And we have elections and you're familiar with the whole thing. Let's go ahead and follow it. Says me, But anyway, corporate America is waking up to the fact that their desperate attempts to seem woke so nobody would tear them down the way could George Floyd went badly awry, both in terms of law and ethics and race and everything else. Now this is when you can sink your teeth into jack Porch. Pirates are stealing AT and T I fies delivered by FedEx. Thieves appear within minutes or seconds to grab packages.
Speaker 1: Police say the heists.
Speaker 3: Use tracking numbers the key to these swift crimes. Investigators say the thieves are armed with tracking numbers.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 4: I'll bring this up because I was just about to order. I decided I was just going to order the sixteen promacs and have it shipped to my house through Best buy or whoever.
Speaker 1: But so they have a way to track it.
Speaker 3: Another factor that makes packages from AT and T particularly vulnerable is that AT and T typically doesn't require signature on delivery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want the signature. I'll never get my package. That makes me so angry.
Speaker 3: Let me know, I know, I know it. I agree with you completely. If you work during the day, what are you supposed to I don't know. At the same time, though, I ordered rather a zoomy MacBook Pro for music recording purposes, and they just dropped it on the porch.
Speaker 1: Now I live in a hood where it's okay, But well, I like it as an option. Yeah, that's an option.
Speaker 4: I've had it before where you can't get out of it. It's very manding.
Speaker 3: So doorbell video cameras show the thefts in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Texas. In short to the United States, the details are similar. A FedEx driver drops off a box with an iPhone from at and t that a person walks up, sometimes wearing an Amazon delivery vest, and plucks the package off the front step.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: The heightst can be so quick that in some videos the FedEx driver and thief cross paths. Wow, they know what's getting delivered in location. According to detective in Massachusetts, they meet the delivery driver at the front door and take it. But I still don't get how are they getting the tracking numbers or how are they knowing because that seems like the root of the problem.
Speaker 1: You got to keep that private more privately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the two companies are say they're working with law enforcement to investigate. Declined to disclose how many packages have been stolen. Uh, it's not clear to me where they're getting these tracking numbers inside information.
Speaker 4: I think it's Apple themselves that won't let you order anything without doing that. And I had something I got for my son and they delivered it. I wasn't home, of course, and I called them and said, no, that's the only way we do it. And I said, well, then I can't purchase from you, and they said, well, I don't know what to do about it. I said, okay, we'll send it back. I'll buy it somewhere else. There was no getting it delivered without right right and the hole You got to be home and it's going to come between eight in the morning eight at night.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's my lifestyle. Perfect. Yes, have you ever heard of a job sir? Or or kids are running them around.
Speaker 3: They mentioned that signatures are legally required for shipments of alcohol, dangerous goods, hazardous materials, and pharmaceuticals. For other types of goods, shipper typically decides whether it offer the signature option, which costs the shipper seven dollars and fifteen cents extra per deliver right, darn so. Chris Brown, who's a lieutenant with the cops in Deer Park, Texas, said the suspects were armed with inside information AT and T parcel tracking numbers.
Speaker 1: They're working with AT and T.
Speaker 3: To investigate how the suspects got that information.
Speaker 1: That's the key to the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got We have no evidence of a breach or a hack, said AT and T. Two teens who they busted in Texas, a seventeen year old boy and an eighteen year old woman. A seventeen year old serial thief is not a boy, rented a car and spent hours circling neighborhoods around Houston. Video from the dash can of the reunld car viewed by the Wall Street Journal shows a young woman picking a package, jogging back to the car, driving away over and over it over.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And those are like fourteen hour dollars apiece. Yeah wow, and easy to sell. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at all the videos of this because they have all sorts of porch videos, surveillance videos, and I just I really want to take a ball back to these people.
Speaker 1: It's maddening. The whole delivery thing though, depending on what your neighborhood is.
Speaker 4: I like, I guess, but I've seen it before where there's like it's constant a UPS truck and an Amazon truck and then there's a fed X and the I've had door dash people walking past an Amazon person, you know, on the sitewalking right.
Speaker 1: It's just it never ending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Katie, you had a package thief incident, didn't you, not too long ago?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it just got it got snatched because they take the picture and it shows you it was delivered and so it was obviously on my doorstep and then no longer. But so at least I know with Apple products, if you report it's stolen, Apple can actually make that phone so it can't be used. So I don't know how much benefit they would have from me. I don't know much about Android, but I don't know the benefit of stealing any Apple product and then trying to resell it.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want if I haven't yet received the phone, I could give the order number, I suppose, and they would have that information at Apple.
Speaker 1: But I wonder how cumbersome that is. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ran into that problem buying a phone off of Craigslist like an idiot, and when I picked it up and tried to activate it, they said, we're sorry, this phone's stolen.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, ohodh.
Speaker 3: At the risk of coming off as an angry lunatic, oh we're running a little late, aren't we. I was gonna say, if you've ever done any reading about why they hanged people for stealing horses in the Old West, because you need your horse, because your horse is really important, and it's really really easy to steal you.
Speaker 1: You just climb on them and they ride you away.
Speaker 3: It's your own escape, your getaway vehicle, right, And it's such a good deterrent to be hung for that. Well exactly, Yeah, they made the punishment so draconian people wouldn't wouldn't do it. Do I want to hang people for stealing iPhones off torches? Yes, but I'm not going to say so how loud. Maybe how how you have order in a society is known. This is not a mystery.
Speaker 1: One of the few Sharia things that I'm into. You didn't have to go there.
Speaker 4: If you're going to take a hand, I think twice before grab my iPhone.
Speaker 1: We're a ball bat. Let's let we can talk over the various possibilities.
Speaker 4: Barbaric thought I was over the top, all right, who.
Speaker 1: Had solved the problem? Though there's no getting around that. Okay, more on the way, Hi, y'all doing.
Speaker 4: Glad the hurricane wasn't worse, but it does take it off the table as a presidential issue. I thought it was going to be really, really bad. It might be the thing for next week or so. I'm sure some other stupid, stupid topic will end up being the thing that we they talk about in political circles for the rest of the presidential election. But Kevin McCarthy, former Speaker of the House, Republican and Californian, who is the same age as us in Kamala Harris and came up through the ranks in California politics the same time as Kamala Harris, so he knows her well even though he's a Republican and she's a Democrat, was on Greg Gutfeld the other night on Fox and they were Greg Guttfeld was asking him about you know, you know Kamala Harris, you know, how smart is she or whatever, and he had a variety of things to say that we found amusing, including this.
Speaker 6: If you watch Kamala's history. She starts really strong on a campaign. When she ran for president, she had the best opening, forty thousand people in Oakland, the most people online, and she never made it to Iowa when she ran for US Senate and California, it's the top two. She ran against another Democrat and they had to retool their campaign even when the party in Doorster. When she ran for attorney general, it was the one seat. On election night, Republicans thought we won. We actually came close, but they took up. And what I'm finding now is she started strong here and you watch she's being outworked.
Speaker 1: She can't talk to the press.
Speaker 6: No way can you become the leader of the free world and be afraid where a city council member takes more questions than you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was interesting pointing out her history of running. Yeah remember her, Well, you mate probably don't remember her launch. When she decided to run in twenty nineteen, it was massive. I mean, she had as much winded her back as you can ever get to kick off a campaign and she didn't even make it to the first contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if she ends up.
Speaker 4: Being elected president, the most interesting story to history will be if she'd had to go through a primary, there's zero chance she would have.
Speaker 1: Been the nominee, let alone president of the United States. Zero.
Speaker 4: The only way Kamala Harris the human being, was ever going to end up president the United States. Isn't some weird deal like this where she's appointed the nominee?
Speaker 3: Yeah, over and over and over again, is Kevin indicated she is. I'm trying to come up with the right metaphors. She's like those Hollywood movie facades. If you squint your eyes from the right angle, it looks really good and interesting, but it doesn't bear up to any scrutiny at all.
Speaker 1: She doesn't. Over and over again, when.
Speaker 3: People get a little better look at her, they said, oh boy, I'll pass she is.
Speaker 4: I remember they used to say this about Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton would go out on the campaign trail and her numbers would go down in states the more she visited. Kamala Harris seems to have that problem too, which I suppose is why they're not letting her, you know, do any press conferences or real interviews or anything like that, or answering any tough questions.
Speaker 3: If she were capable of answering questions. She would be answering questions. She doesn't answer questions. What does that tell you she's incapable of it?
Speaker 4: Hey, we haven't mentioned this yet. That poor cake maker in Colorado. God, dang it, he's been in the news now for a dozen years. He got another three the other day. You want to finally leave him alone. I just wanted my cakes.
Speaker 1: Didn't seem like that controversial choice of work. When I started right Armstrong and Getty, I was.
Speaker 4: Just watching some Erron de Santas, he's still doing a press conference right now.
Speaker 1: Life.
Speaker 4: He is so much more competent than practically anybody we've had run for president in the last the quarter century.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm a fool. If I were his campaign manager, I'd say, Ron, you do you don't think?
Speaker 1: Just you do you? And we'll run twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which I bet will happen anyway, although who knows. So you may recall us talking about this yesterday, the flap where Tony the couple of CBS News actually asked some hard questions of Tan of Hashy coats the activists. You know, a white supremacy guy, he's a genius. He's just wrong about a lot of stuff. But it was a great exchange of views. But it freaked out the CBS newsroom that anybody'd ask hard questions of one of the godheads of progressivism.
Speaker 4: I'd forgotten. I don't remember if I'd heard this or not. The beginning of his book that made him the most famous. Do you know that whole story he tells. He tells of getting into an elevator with his young son who was like four or six or something like that. Oh yeah, and some older white man saying hello to him, And how I saw in that person's eyes the four hundred years of racial abuse and systemic racism in the way he looked at my son. It all played out right there on his face. The person didn't say or do anything. He just like interpreted a white person saying a load to his son as the centuries of white supremacy in the United States.
Speaker 3: Hey, ton of Haji, Why don't you look up projecting in the psychological dictionary? Look up take it down a notch. Yeah, send a load to your kid. This is a part of the inner the initial interview.
Speaker 7: Why is there no agency in this book for the Palestinians? They exist in your narrative merely as victims of the Israelis, as though they were not offered peace at any juncture, as though they don't have a stake in this as well, what is their role in the lack of.
Speaker 5: A pel have a very very moral compass about this, And again perhaps it's because of my ancestry. Either apartheid is right or it's wrong. It's really really simple. Either what I saw was right or what's wrong. I am fascist against the death penalty. What the person did to get the death penalty, it.
Speaker 1: Really doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 5: I don't care if they were selling a nickel bag of marijuana or if they were a serial killer.
Speaker 1: I am against the death penalty.
Speaker 5: I am against a state that discriminates against people on the base of ethnicity. I'm against that. There is nothing the Palestinians could do that would make that okay for me. My book is not based on the hyper moralesys the Palestinian people.
Speaker 3: So he's against that when it's Jews, not when it's Muslims or other people of color. He's conditionally outraged by that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: But that's fine.
Speaker 3: It was frank exchange views, as they say, and a good one. But the CBS newsroom freaked out and had this just Skin Crawley meeting.
Speaker 1: You may recall we will still want I want.
Speaker 8: To be clear, we will still ask tough questions. We will still hold people accountable. That's part of our job too, but we will do so objectively and that means, are you plain. We have to check up bias.
Speaker 1: And opinions at the door and you can bare out, Michael.
Speaker 3: That was Adrianne Rourke and then the brilliant Jan Crawford said, ah, he did precisely what you're talking about, and it was really good reporting. And as somebody who does interviews, I don't know what the hell I'm allowed to do and what I can't do now you're freaking us all out. And the boss lady said, yeah, I'd like to talk to you privately about this. Wouldn't even answer the question. So amazing cowardice. Anyway, a couple of things developments were or less. Matthew Hennessy in the Journal with a great piece CBS to Tony Diacoppel, you.
Speaker 1: Can't report in the newsroom.
Speaker 3: The network subjects the anchor to a struggle session after he dares to commit journalism on the air. You mentioned Edward Murrow's admonition of young journalists, don't tell me what you think, tell me what you know. And he goes through the uh, you know, the particulars of the interview and forcefully but respectfully, and how it was actually just really good journalism and it was an absolutely fair chance for mister Coates to defend his point of view. Details are scant, but it seems that some staffers complained up to chain about Decouple's treatment of mister Coates. Networks Brass agreed, and the revered author of the case for reparations in between the World and me should not have had to answer tough and fair questions. But why that should be the case wasn't explained. In the call, Miss Rourke assured her colleagues that a strong rebuke had been delivered to mister de Copple. He was reportedly upbraided for his tone and body language during the interview and apologized. It had taken a week to organize the call, and Decopel told colleagues on Tuesday he regretted the position he'd put them in. What position is that exactly proximity to real journalism? And then this is the part that I like because this is a journalism, a big time journalism.
Speaker 1: Insider writing.
Speaker 3: These self flagellating, penitential statements called to mind similar recent staff revolts of other news organizations. Young staffers at brand name outlets have hoo died it veteran colleagues for their commitments to the old fashioned values of objectivity and neutrality. Many gen z and millennial reporters don't think that's what journalism is supposed to be. They don't want to report on the world. They want to change it. The bad news is too many executives are cowed by these upstarts who are motivated by quasi religious fervor and convinced they're on the right side of history. They're expert at stoking outrage on social media and love nothing more than claiming a scalp and your editors at many outlets live in fear of their own staff.
Speaker 1: I don't get that, but it's clearly the case.
Speaker 3: This reminds me in an odd way of of all things.
Speaker 1: It's I guess it's a thing.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I don't get that, and I don't, but I have seen people that seem to be scared of their kids, So it must be a thing, but a mindset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's an interesting point. You know, I'm gonna I'll get back to the point I was about to make. They how she paid Rourke paid lip service to CBS News editorial standards than the brave Jen Crawford asked the questions, uh that she asked Those in positions of power, He writes in the American media should know better than a cowtow to the cancel mob. If they won't stand up, they should stop calling themselves journalists and stop invoking the hallowed names of their predecessors. But in a weird way, it reminds me of a discussion we had an hour ago or whenever. It was about how the forces of non escalation in American foreign policy forbade Israel time after time from eliminating their enemies, their adversaries in the name of negotiation and letting Hamas rule peacefully in Gaza and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: And what that has wrought.
Speaker 3: And I'm quoting Douglas Murray more or less, here is war after war after war because we have forbidden them to win. And it's a similar sort of moral cowardice that you're seeing among the brass in the newsrooms. And maybe you know I haven't worked in a big time newsroom. I wouldn't. I cherish the independence that we have. But why don't you go ahead and stand up for what you know to be right and and deal with the consequences. If you're good at what you do, you'll find another gig if your newsroom indeed rises up in like that poor son of a go for the New York Times who dared to run an editorial from a sitting Senator Tom Cotton, and he got forced out.
Speaker 4: I don't know, good lord, I didn't hurt Barry Wise, she went from Kyle Jon to practically a household name and a hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love Barry and love the free press. Yeah, I just that I have no truck for that sort of cowardice. Anyway, this is an interesting development, and then I'll shut up about this. I just I think this is so fundamental to what it would take to straighten out the United States. If we don't have journalists who whose greatest principle is that I will tell the truth, not my truth, the truth, and if the truth is kind of sixty percent supporting my side, but you know the other side. As a forty percent point yep, do it. I think that's the only way we straighten our society. But anyway, I thought this was quite the development. Sherry Redstone, who's the controlling shareholder of CBS's parent company, Paramount Global, told well. A source close to Redstone told the Free Press that Miss Redstone thought that quote. Tony gave a great interview and modeled what civil discourse should look like, and she disagreed with the action the company took. She's working with the CEOs to address this issue.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great. Somebody linked this yesterday on Twitter. So part of the pushback phony pushback was we should let people come on with their books and just let them, you know, explain what they're doing and not you know, try to get in their faces about it. And somebody linked this. So Gail King, who is the highest paid person on that CBS Early show.
Speaker 1: There at CBS, it was.
Speaker 4: Her interviewing the father of an eight year old Israeli girl being held hostage by Hamas and he was on there and tearful and upset and everything like that, and Gail King pushed him hard. Innocent children, Palestinian children are dying too. You call your child innocent, But they're also innocent Palestinian children. Should we be concerned about them?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: So she's gonna push that guy whose whose little girls being held by murderous rapists?
Speaker 1: Right, She's given some good, strong pushback to him. Yeah. Make sure he claims that he's heartbroken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make sure he doesn't just get away with me and all heartbroken as a father.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but so In a trailer for an appearance on Trevor Noah's podcast, Coats accused Dakople of comment during the interview and said a couple of stupid things. But then as he was praising Gail King as a great journalist and great interviewer, he said, Gail came beyond the stage before we went on.
Speaker 1: She had gone through the book.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying she agreed with the book, but she was like, I'm gonna ask you about this, and then i'm gonna ask.
Speaker 1: You about that. So let's get this straight.
Speaker 3: Writes The Free Press, one journalist is raked over the calls for asking tough questions, while another journalist previews her questions and faces no repercussions, which poses a few questions.
Speaker 1: Chief among them.
Speaker 3: Are their different rules for different journalists at CBS. A former CBS journalist told The Free Press that if she was showing him specific lines of questioning in advance, that would violate journalistic standards. Are they going to investigate her and say what she did was not in keeping with CBS standards?
Speaker 1: I suspect not. Well, they weren't.
Speaker 4: She wasn't planning on doing a journalistic piece. She was planning on doing a book promotion piece. It's like when we have our friend Tim sanderfer On, we don't like come up with ways to really stick it to him on his book, trip him off, and so we might tell him beforehand, I said, a forehand, we might tell him beforehand that yeah, we're going to talk about this part in this part, that's what we think would be interesting to our audience.
Speaker 1: But we're there to help him promote his book. What she get to do.
Speaker 4: But clearly that's what Gail King's intention was was to help He.
Speaker 1: Agrees with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as opposed to how you then you show the other side of the whole Israeli Palestinian argument.
Speaker 3: Well, and as coach said, I'm just here to present the Palestinian side, which he's allowed to do, and Jakoppel said, well, there's a lot more to it than that, and they parted in a gentlemanly way. One last thing, says the Free Press. Let's just say we have pattern recognition around stories like this. So when two sources at CBS told us that this whole dust up involved the network's networks Race and Culture unit, we weren't shocked. So they have a DEI anti racism unit at CBS that was deeply involved in all of this.
Speaker 4: Well, they're going to do some training around this. Did you hear that there's gonna be DEI training for everyone? Including I suppose the head guy there that did the interview.
Speaker 3: Quit, Tony Quit. There are a number of outlets that would be delighted to have you. You're a serious journalist and a good one.
Speaker 4: A special Now, so the poor cake maker in Colorado, is he finally going to be left alone?
Speaker 1: Unless?
Speaker 4: In case you didn't hear how this turned out the other day and a couple other things, we'll finish strong, coming up.
Speaker 3: Strong.
Speaker 4: Well, that's groovy. That's Cage the Elephant too. I just saw up on the CBS News. Apparently they got over some hatred of each other.
Speaker 1: And some other and it can be a band again that people go out and watch. That's cool.
Speaker 3: I didn't know there was hatred. I didn't know that any age fans in my house, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that either.
Speaker 4: But that's I'm glad that works out for a number of bands that if there's enough dollars involved, you decide, Yeah, I guess I don't hate you that much.
Speaker 1: Let's make this m.
Speaker 3: I know one of the key guys left because he didn't particularly dig the touring lifestyle, but I don't know love.
Speaker 4: That might be the sort of thing you say, if actually blind the scenes, you don't dig the touring lifestyle because you hate that guy so much, right exactly?
Speaker 1: Touring with him because I hate him.
Speaker 4: Yes, that reminds me of you ever actually listen to the audio from the Eagles, like at the end of their run before they broke up, and how much they hated each other. Have you ever heard that? The one where Glenn Fries and Uh and Uh and Felder are talking about fighting each other. Oh yeah, it's hilarious and it's hard to believe it's real. They're talking in the mics but to each other in their ears while the concert's going on about meeting each other after the concert and fighting in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's how a little counseling here fellas. That's how bad it had gotten with Eagles. And then they broke up, and then they decided for money reasons. They did fourteen years later. I think they came back and made gazillions of dollars. But they were I mean Glenn.
Speaker 1: Fryes, like in the microhone. Oh yeah, a few, a few, Yeah, Yeah, I'll be there, you gonna be there.
Speaker 4: I mean, while they're playing the guitars, like well, Joe Walsh is soloing, they're talking about I'm gonna beat the hell out of you.
Speaker 1: Still playing the song though. Hey, they got a job to do, professionals.
Speaker 3: I ran out of time for what I was gonna do with my Eagle story, which was probably better anyway. The Baker thing may be able to mention that during the podcast, among other things, when will he tastes.
Speaker 1: The sweet icing of satisfaction?
Speaker 3: How about the sweet icing of being left alone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Jack Clarks, Tom stop, Jack and Jose go And if they don't get can they'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I got another thought about the Eagles KG elephant thing, but I'll put it in my final thought.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day.
Speaker 1: There he is, Michael Angelo leading the way.
Speaker 3: Michael, Jack, I really liked the idea of a hot woman living with you just to control your eating.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: She'd be great for the show, and I think you're selfish if you don't do it.
Speaker 1: She's a married person with a family.
Speaker 4: But I still just didn't like the idea of just you know, you're thinking you're going to take on this project of helping me eat right.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you're getting into. Indeed, it could be a burly fellow or anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on now, Katie Green are esteemed to Newswoman as a final thought, Katie, since.
Speaker 2: That's probably not going to happen, I do challenge you to just eat clean next week.
Speaker 1: Jack, I would like to do it for a whole week to see how it.
Speaker 2: This week, go crazy this weekend, then just do it next week?
Speaker 1: Uh Jack? Final thought for us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So back on the cage elephant, getting back together, putting their problems aside. The Eagles, Oasis did it recently. Lots of bands have done that. You got artists who are crazy. They're often young, which makes you more you know, whatever you are when you're young, and.
Speaker 1: Drugs or alcohols. That has a lot to it too. You're out of your minds.
Speaker 4: Hi, You're more likely to have a crazy argument over something stupid when you're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 3: You know, as long as we're talking about music, my final thought will be I've always said of putting together and running a band, getting the music right is hard, getting the people right is way harder.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's amazing, especially when you're dealing with musicians.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're some sort of troop of accountants.
Speaker 4: That's what I liked about that Bono book that came out last year. Year before explaining that whole thing is really interesting about you too. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, So.
Speaker 3: Many people to thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. You can get a link to the podcast there, grab them wherever you like to get podcasts Armstrong and Getty on demand. And one more thing, better yet, subscribe.
Speaker 1: We will see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and get it.
Speaker 8: Is an untradictable beast.
Speaker 1: I'm huge. There's nothing wrong with you really, aside and I was wondering you know what you felt about that tossing yachts on to the waterfront.
Speaker 3: Yeahst Tossed Yachts is my new yacht rock band. Wow, that's pretty cool. You know, probably not the right time for mercy. Go to that bar that's on the water toss yatas playing tonight. Oh they're fantastic.
Speaker 1: Thanks all very much, Armstrong and Getty.