Speaker 1: Hey, it's Friday and we've got a brand new episode. Just feel so good.
Speaker 2: That's Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you years ago? You and the seventy five year old kindergarten teacher.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to comments before this brand new episode starts. Yes, well, if you missed it, yesterday, we aired Brook breaks you up? What a roller coasters one for us. I didn't break anyone up, now, that's true Brooks, despite my best best efforts, he really did. But Niclo said, I hope brook has paid extra for this segment. Can you forward that to my bosses? Yeah, definitely not the case. But hey, thanks for having my back and I appreciate it. Yeah. You know, not every relationship should be together.
Speaker 2: You just kind of stirred crap up and then stepped away.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely think they should have not been together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people agree.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of therapy that needed to happen there. All right, your brand new second date update right now, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 2: Where can you turn for help when you're stuck in your dating life?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You could hire a dating coach to point out all the things that you're doing wrong and why you're not good enough to attract a mate in your natural form.
Speaker 1: Or you can just talk to Jeff's mom for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, happy to lay into in all of your flaws. You could try wading into the muck of the dating app world, where there's now been confirmed STD cases from people who just downloaded Tinder. Wow, they didn't even meet anybody on it, and they also gave all of your other apps diseases to no. Or you could just ask your friends for help and when they say no, offer them money to do it.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's almost like we're back to square one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently, as one of our listeners did, and I'm curious to hear how that worked. His name is Henry So Henry Man. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Are you coming here for the free advice since you spent all your dough already?
Speaker 4: Well, so the money has not been spent yet, but I feel like we can get into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, because by the way, he said ask friends for advice, right, were your friends?
Speaker 2: Because needs money?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just want friends.
Speaker 4: Just hit me up with your cash app. I got you.
Speaker 3: I pay you to be your friend, but your email.
Speaker 2: Did say you were going to pay your friends for help with your love life? Can you explain what you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've been looking around dating, trying to find somebody to kind of settle down with.
Speaker 1: And okay, so you're looking at serious stuff right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I actually have a buddy who encouraged me to reach out to you guys, is right now he's on the hook for potential bounty.
Speaker 2: I wonder, what are you talking about bounty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean I've been trying to date around and uh huh to all of my friends to tell their friends thousand dollars bounty. You find a girl and end up marrying.
Speaker 3: Her, oh your future wife?
Speaker 1: Do you pay them on your wedding day?
Speaker 2: The one right in front of your bride?
Speaker 1: She's like, how am I not getting.
Speaker 2: So hold on this girl that we're about to call?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: Are you saying that she might be the one?
Speaker 4: I mean maybe? Wow, she's the closest one I've met in a long time that's got all of the sort of things you look for.
Speaker 1: Okay, and this is someone that obviously your buddy set you up with.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does she have a name Mia?
Speaker 1: Yah? Okay, what do you like about her. What drew you to Mia?
Speaker 4: Well, I know, for like, as an example, when we were at dinner, I heard her speak a foreign language to the waiter.
Speaker 2: She's maybe well traveled, well educated, that's a bonus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't know, she just got this real feminine energy. It was really attractive to me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, all right, So what was a date? Like, I mean, did you talk a lot beforehand?
Speaker 4: I mean we did talk a good bit beforehand, like we were just kind of texting back and forth. And yeah, I mean basically just a little bit, not much. I don't know, I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: There were texts.
Speaker 2: When you're in the presence of somebody that you really feel a connection with, it's hard to even like put it to words, I imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was a message, and then there was a dinner.
Speaker 4: And then there was dinner. Yeah, you know, we just felt so comfortable together. It was like really amazing, that's great. But then the weirdest and kind of I don't know, cutest thing happened where it's gonna sound weird, but we sneezed at the exact same time.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, why do I see experience?
Speaker 1: I really would be kind of funny, like exactly the same time. Please don't tell me that you've hit the age in your life where you're a man sneeze her and it's super superaz Yeah, my god, I'm sorry. Every year my husband's like goes up another decibel.
Speaker 2: It does sound like a one in a billion type of moment. Hopefully it was after your meals came out. You sneezed onto each other's food, a little cross contamination, sweetness, wipe each other's noses. That could be a sweet moment.
Speaker 4: Well, it was definitely something we kind of giggled about. I was like, you just need to because obviously I'm loud. I couldn't really tell.
Speaker 5: That's kind of better because you miss the other person's sea like its own sneeze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but clearly there's a connection going on on multiple levels.
Speaker 4: Here feels like a strong connection, and I just I can't tell if I screwed it up.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I did ask her to come back and watch a movie at my place. You know, maybe I was being a little too forward, but I was just really feeling it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how she do she did not, Well, that could just be on the first dated thing.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to end the first date on a high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not do too much, you know?
Speaker 2: Is that how it ended?
Speaker 4: Well? I mean that's why I'm confused, because we did kiss. Oh now she's not answering anything.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that is weird answering.
Speaker 1: I mean, your buddy's got a thousand dollars writing on this. What is he said? I bet he's invested.
Speaker 4: Well, he was the one that said, email you guys, because you're gonna be able to help me get in touch with her and figure out what's going on.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell him anything.
Speaker 3: We're helping his friend right now too.
Speaker 2: He wants that money.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and apparently this girl is like a friend of a friend, so it's not like he knows her first hand. So I'm okay, yeah, yeah, I need help.
Speaker 1: So we're getting this not just for you, but for him as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and for us.
Speaker 1: Do we get to cut? I feel like we get a ten percent finder seeing if we get.
Speaker 2: Her on the phone, A lot of money is going to be exchanged if we can pull this off.
Speaker 3: I don't want any money, guys, I just want love.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take your part.
Speaker 2: We don't do that on him.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we will try and reach out to Mia for you when we come back and do your second date update, maybe reconnect you with the one on a sneeze level. At least we'll do it right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling a little bit of pressure right now because there is money on the line for this second.
Speaker 1: Date update, and it's amazing and how that instantly changes how invested people are in your dating life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one thousand dollars right, a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's not my money, thank god, because if I was a betting man, I'd say this probably isn't going to happen, and I would be right ninety percent of the time. That's just the statistics for our show. Unfortunately, we're not great at getting yeses here. But hey, there's.
Speaker 3: Always answers yet answers just yet, not.
Speaker 2: Yes is but there's always that ten percent, and that small margin is what our listener, Henry is banking on. Yeah, and if he ends up marrying me down the road, his buddy who introduced them would get one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh romantic, it's a pretty genius bounty. I mean, the people who set you up should get a reward. Honestly, how else are they going to motivate your fast right? No wonder they always set me up with duds back in.
Speaker 2: The day, Henry, we never asked, does Mia know about the bounty? Did you tell her? If I marry you, my friend gets one thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: I have not told me about that.
Speaker 3: It's a smart move.
Speaker 1: Marriage is such a good topic to bring up on the first shame job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hopefully she answers our phone call here because she's completely ignoring Henry and Henry, what's your confidence level going into this?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm looking forward to my bounty wife. Let's go bounce wife.
Speaker 3: It sounds pretty bad.
Speaker 2: He's like the brawny man with that on the wedding invite. But here we go. I'm in a dollar number right now. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Hio.
Speaker 2: Hi, we're looking to speak with Mia.
Speaker 5: Yes, she's all right.
Speaker 2: Hey Mia, this is a radio show called Brooke and je in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How can I help you?
Speaker 2: You can help us because we're in the middle of a segment right now called the second Date Update. And hey, I don't know if you know what that is, but we're trying to help out one of our listeners who you met up with recently. You went out to dinner with him, a guy named Henry.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, I'm sure, yup, I remember him.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting. Your tone definitely sounds interested, which is a good sign.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if I would say that.
Speaker 2: Well, well, we know that there's some awkwardness going on because apparently, according to Henry, you're not responding to his texts or calls at all anymore, which is a little bits correct. Okay, it's a little confusing to him because he told us about your date and it sounded pretty good on our.
Speaker 5: End, right, I mean, the date was fine. Honestly, I was really drawn to him. He's very good looking.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's one of the best reviews of a first day I've heard that he's fun.
Speaker 5: What's the issue, then, Well, the issue was that afterwards, I was actually pretty excited about the date and him, and I was kind of on cloud nine and I showed one of my friends a picture of him and she recognized him.
Speaker 1: Okay, weren't you introduced their mutual friends sorta anyway?
Speaker 5: So I mean, not not her, No, she said, this is a guy that she used to date someone else that she knew, and he's like a serial cheater. And then his name is not Henry. He goes, well, I don't know what his real name is, but she knew him as Hank.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, she didn't date him, she knew someone that dated him.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 1: Oh this is so much hearsay?
Speaker 2: But you said serial cheater.
Speaker 5: That's the word she used.
Speaker 2: Exactly Do you mean serial dater?
Speaker 5: I mean, isn't it the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, my real data would be someone who goes on lots of dates. That's not cheating.
Speaker 2: And he told us that, he said that he's been trying to go out with a lot of women to find his perfect match.
Speaker 5: I don't know whatever it is. He's going out with lots of women, he's using different names.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I mean it feels like that should be something you should talk to him about because it's a lot of like rumors. And he said said totally gossip stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we can facilitate that conversation right now because we have do you have Henry or Hank or whoever his name.
Speaker 1: Is, which is the same person? Henry and Hank are the same.
Speaker 2: However, he goes by that person is on the line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Are you serious? I am he's listening this whole time.
Speaker 6: Yes, Henry, Henry say hi, Hey, Oh my god, that was a big accusation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Henry, do you know what she's talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, who she's describing is just not me. I mean that's the old me.
Speaker 1: Oh wait wait, the serial cheater part is the old you? Or the serial dater part is the old you.
Speaker 4: Well, serial dater. I don't know where the cheating part came from, because like, yeah, I am trying to date women and meet people, but I don't like that version of myself where I'm just going through chicks like wildfire.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't need to say.
Speaker 2: It's a way to describe it.
Speaker 4: Listen, that was the old mean, that was Hank. I'm Henry.
Speaker 1: Hank was the player. Henry's the stand up Guys.
Speaker 5: When you have a friend of college and then they're out of college and change their name, ye got it, they.
Speaker 3: Grew up a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It started to get to a point where my friends even started calling me hammering Hank.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember she is here with that.
Speaker 2: Although that is pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: That nobody wants a hammer.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry, what's your nickname? If you're not Hammering Hank anymore?
Speaker 4: Who are you now currently? I'm I'm Humble Henry.
Speaker 2: He's a sweetheart now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, miya.
Speaker 1: You can see that people can change, right, they can change their behavior hopefully. That was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: When you say, how old?
Speaker 2: When did you make that choice? Like, I don't want to live that lifestyle anymore, Henry.
Speaker 4: I mean it was like weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the way you were talking about it, you made it sound like it was years two years.
Speaker 1: Many, Miya, he's changed. Let's concentrate on.
Speaker 2: The part Hammer and Hank is no more.
Speaker 5: Listen, even talking about it, it is too recent. No girl wants a guy like that who's dating billions of women, Like that's gross.
Speaker 1: Tell her, Tell her how you're not.
Speaker 4: It's not a billion. I mean, you know, maybe a million would be closer, but I'm not.
Speaker 5: You ask me back to your place in the first night, would Humble Henry really do that?
Speaker 4: I mean, if it has only been two weeks like you said, so, I mean, listen, there's probably like five percent of Hammer and Hank that's still in there. But I mean he's the one that asked that question.
Speaker 2: Oh, Hank asked you to place.
Speaker 1: Come on, Henry, tell her how you haven't gone on a date with anyone else in the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: Right, well, I mean there's two girls that Hank needs to break up with.
Speaker 5: Still, come on, you're a player, dude. I'm not having that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, No, no, that's not my thing. That's it's Hank's and Henry.
Speaker 2: Right, those other women aren't dating Henry. They're dating d bag Hank.
Speaker 1: It makes it sound like you're cheating when you say you have to break up with them.
Speaker 2: Henry's not cheating, Hank is.
Speaker 5: I told you she's a serial cheater. That's what my friend said.
Speaker 4: I knew it. Listen, it's not a boyfriend girlfriend exclusive relationship. There's no cheating going on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, from your side, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Go to their apartments this weekend. It'll all be taken care of, and we're gonna put Hammer and Hank to bed. You won't hear from him then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is Hammer Hank's favorite place.
Speaker 1: So funny, all right, I feel like we should ask if they want to go on a date in like a couple of months. When Hammer and Hank is perl like we know he won't be resuscitated.
Speaker 4: Want to know?
Speaker 2: Maybe Mia has been intrigued by the idea of Hammer and Hank.
Speaker 1: It's like the worst nickname.
Speaker 2: Mia. Would you like to go out on a date with Hammer and Hank or Humble Henry?
Speaker 5: Are you guys seriously asking me this?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, yes, listen, there.
Speaker 5: Is no amount of money, like he finishing up with these women and then I get to have him. No, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm so sad to hear that you've seen it this way. But I need you to know there's like one thousand dollars on the line.
Speaker 2: This could work.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, wait a minute, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: What's the thousand dollars for? Like to go on a date?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you know the friend that introduced us, he's going to get a grand if we end up getting married.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, isn't that sweet?
Speaker 5: Like I didn't think this could possibly get anywhere?
Speaker 2: Here we are, well, Henry Hank, whoever, I'm sorry, it's going to be a no from me.
Speaker 1: You know, keep working on yourself, keep working on that Humble Hendry five percent.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Maybe it's time to just bring back Hammer.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you ever.
Speaker 1: Three in the morning, oh Man.
Speaker 2: At the end there, when he told her about the whole bounty thing and how he could possibly get married to her, I really thought he was going to get her back on his side.
Speaker 1: If he said it the right way, it could have proved that he was interested in long term relationships, that he was truly invested in something real this time. But he did not at the right time or in the right sentence.
Speaker 2: He didn't deliver a lot of the things he said the right way. Two weeks. Yeah, so no surprise that didn't work out. But at least she's gonna have a fun story that she can tell her children one day that you kids, before I married your father, I went out one night with a guy named Hammer and Hank. Wow, mom, you're so cool. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that a character from Toms.
Speaker 2: You're never gonna find out what that is. But if you want to hear more second dates, make sure to go to our podcast Ready listen to them apples Spotify or on the Secret Q and on server just search Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. We are definitely there.
Speaker 1: Can you just say YouTube