Speaker 1: Welcome to Can't Flee Reckless, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effects. Oh Shit, be back on the air. Welcome back to yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl ess hilarious. What I'll be doing, I'll be fixing mess. Y'all know that, and that's why we got to jump straight into it today. We got some voice noes, y'all know. I love when we get voice notes because then I ain't got to read through people's errors and their essays and PDFs that they be senting and shit. So this is actually good. Also, I just want to throw in there, I don't mind, I don't mind reading, Okay, I just need for y'all to come punctual study literacy. I mean, I know a lot of y'all ain't been in school for a long time. I've been out of school since twenty ten. But it helps me get through your story much better. It helps me. It helps me. That's why I haven't read a lot of stories that's being sent to me, because I can't make sense of all the run on sentences and how y'all misspelling stuff and all that. I'm not saying nobody is uneducated. I'm just saying y'all be rushing and shit, then y'all talk with slang and all that. I don't know how to decipher what y'all be talking about because a lot of y'all are not from Baltimore, So if it ain't Baltimore lingo, I don't understand it, y'all. However, I do love you guys. And then also I see a lot of people have been getting confused on where to send audio because I haven't made the announcement in a while. Yes, you have to send your voice memos to the Carefully Reckless podcast page, not just Hilarious official not Reckless Discussions, because this is not either of those, and not co Parenting Therapy. I notice a lot of you guys send voice notes to co Parenting that's for Rome and I. That's not for a carefully reckless that doesn't cater to carefully Reckless unless you want it to be read on the Carefully Reckless podcast. But I'm under the impression when you guys send voice notes to co Parenting Therapy page that you guys want Rome and I to help you with something which we will be launching, relaunching another season where we actually sit down with people and talk with them and try to sort out their differences for cool parents and Okay, then let's jump straight on.
Speaker 2: Okay, girl, this about to be long. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I met this guy when I was twelve years old, so blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: We got in trouble together. You know how that.
Speaker 3: First love type stuff goes. So at sixteen, I had a baby. Seventeen, I got pregnant seven seen, my mom kicked me out of the house. We wound up leaving the area that we lived in and moved like three or four hours away.
Speaker 2: I was homeless. He went to jail for domestic violence. I didn't have anywhere to go. So then I wound up getting back with him. I wound up getting my own place when I was eighteen.
Speaker 3: All of the story, and he was very abusive the whole entire relationship.
Speaker 2: And then he wound up trapping me with five kids.
Speaker 3: I know, people don't really talk about that, how men trapped females with five kids. But I was so young. I was in the town where I really didn't know anybody. He had the homecourt advantage because we were in the town that his family was from. So yeah, he wound up by the time I was twenty four and I had.
Speaker 1: Five kids Jesus Christ honey.
Speaker 2: So then, yeah, I don't know what part I left off one. So anyway, by the.
Speaker 3: Time I was twenty four, I had five kids, and he wound up going to jail.
Speaker 2: He got sentenced to three years. Boom.
Speaker 3: So he gets out after three years. I'm doing a little bit better for myself. I still have the five children, but I am doing better.
Speaker 2: So he agrees to take my kids for the summer.
Speaker 3: And I appreciated that because, mind you, I've been knowing him since I was twelve years old.
Speaker 2: I thought I could trust him.
Speaker 3: So he takes it.
Speaker 2: He was a good dad. He was very a horrible boyfriend, very big so, but he wasn't a bad dad. So when he gets out of.
Speaker 3: Jail, he takes his kids for the summer. My daughter, and my oldest daughter at the time, was nine years old. She came back, and when she came back, she was extremely different. So I kept asking her to something happened, that something happened, and something happened.
Speaker 2: So more I love the story is he molested her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I could never be with him again after that. And now I know this sounds crazy.
Speaker 3: So now my kids are older, they're sixteen, ten, nine, eight, and six, so I just really want to I just be feeling like I need help. Sometimes it's nobody but myself. It's just only me and my children. I don't even be knowing what to start at. Some days, I just be wanting somebody to pat me on the back and say, you know what you're doing, a good job, You're a good mother. I do also want a relationship, and it's so hard looking for love even friendship, So I just want somebody, and it's hard not having anybody. So I guess I don't even know if I'm asking a questions or if I'm just vincent, because I don't. It's hard trying to tell people that because when people will see you with five kids.
Speaker 2: They instantly judge you and be like, oh, you have all these.
Speaker 3: Kids, you're deadbeat and you're dumb and da da dah, and the man do wants you.
Speaker 2: But the whole time, to me, i'm invest than my daughter.
Speaker 3: But it's like a secret that I don't tell anybody, and I really don't know what to do. And then I do want to be in a relationship, and I do want love, but it's hard because I don't really trust anybody.
Speaker 2: Because of that.
Speaker 1: Well, that would definitely prompt you to have trust issues for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then it's like, if I do meet a guy, do I tell him that, like, hey, yeah, this is why.
Speaker 2: We're not together.
Speaker 3: Some far I've just been telling people he did, because I don't really know what else to say.
Speaker 2: It's just hard. Sometimes I wish I had somebody even like family.
Speaker 3: I just really want to marry somebody with a big family, and I just feel like I don't never happen because I got five kids and I love my kids.
Speaker 1: But no, I understand, I totally understand.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where I'm at in this message because my kids they say, you're not going to go bothering me.
Speaker 2: I never get no time to myself.
Speaker 3: I'm literally clumped up in the bathroom and they steady coming to me, bothering me, knocking on the do.
Speaker 2: Well of the story, I'm just looking for love, looking for a family, and I don't know how. I don't know how to look for friends. I don't know how to look for love. I just don't know.
Speaker 3: I just know I'm sad because I feel like I have nobody. Some days I just be wanting somebody to just give me a hub.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I'm not about to sit a hen crowd up.
Speaker 3: Because life is life in so just if you have any you know, not even advice, it's just some words of encouragement that would be great.
Speaker 2: And I really hope you get things. I know you've.
Speaker 3: Probably overwhelmed with messages, and even if you don't get it, I guess it felt good just to finally let all these things out because I've been holding it in for so many years.
Speaker 2: All Right, I don't get that Jessica.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that she addressed me, calling me Jessica. A lot of people just call me Jesse hilarious, jess with the mask. You know, I do love that, though. She also wrote a paragraph after submitting her voice, notice that I'm just overwhelmed without a soul. I can't even cry because I got to remain strong for my kids. But it's hard. Some days I just want to hug and it will be okay. It's hard sometimes I feel myself being a horrible parent because I can't poor love in my kids because I have none to poor man If you love me. You'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back. Well, listen, I'm going to start off by saying, I love that you are open enough to go into every part of it, you know, with me, because you could have very well, you know, held back. But as a result of holding back, people get depressed. People often turn to drugs and suicide and other things like that. What you've gone through is definitely traumatic, especially for your baby.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying now. I know that you were younger. I do know that you said you met him when you were twelve, You got pregnant at seventeen, you know, you had your first child at eighteen. If I'm remembering right, I think it was sixteen or seventeen. But you had a baby before you were twenty, you know, and then you had five by the time you were twenty four. Did you not realize the first time that he went to jail for domestic violence? And I'm going to assume that it was, you know, a case with you. He went to jail for hitting on you, beating on you, of course the first time. Why didn't you go the first time?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: I know you were young, yess I know no, but you are still old enough to realize this is not what a man is supposed to be doing. Now, I have a lot of people that are going to be upset with me, maybe even you are going to be upset with me. But let's just look at it for what it really is. Your mom kicked you out, you know you were being grown. It is what it is. You know you were being grown. You were living with your boyfriend at seventeen. You have to look at this timeline. You know you met him when you were twelve. Then you're not even telling me how old he is, and if you did, I'm sorry I didn't catch that. So I'm imagining that he's much older than you because he prayed on you. You know, a lot of men pray on younger women, and a lot of older women pray on younger men. It's the same, you know, vice versa, and either are right. It doesn't make it better because it's a woman. It's not right. If a man can't do it, a woman should not either, you know. So, yeah, he went to jail. You met him when you were twelve, Your parents kicked you out, You went to live with him a long way from home. Obviously, because you said that you were in a town where you didn't even know anybody. He went to jail for for beating you, you know, for putting his hands on you, domestic violence. You were pregnant, you had the first baby. Obviously, you're not gonna tell me that he ever stopped putting his hands on you. He never stopped putting his hands on you, even when he came on from jail. He didn't you mean to tell me, As young as you were, you didn't realize that that was not a situation that a young woman should have to endure. Do you really mean to tell me that, you know? Because I feel you, baby, I feel your empathy. I do, I do, and I sympathize with you for your child, mostly because he molested his own daughter. Okay, so he belongs six feet fucking under, and I am very sorry to say that he deserved the fucking electric chair. He deserves to go to jail, never come out. He deserves everything negative in life. He does not deserve to prosper at all. I don't care. I don't give a fuck what people say. People change, People change. You molested your child. You sent his children with him because you did point out that he was a great dad. He showed you that he was a ain't shit man, but that never stopped him from being a good dad. And then you go on to tell me that your daughter went with him for a summer along with the other four kids that you two have together, and your daughter came back and you noticed that she was different, she was very different. That's sad, that's very very sad. And then later you found out that she was molested. Of course you didn't see this coming. No mother in her right mind would send their child with a man, even with it being her biological father, if they had any inkling that he would touch her inappropriately in that way. What did you do for her? That's what I want to know when you found out, because you said you'd like to keep this a secret. That's the problem in these black families as well. I can't speak for any other race because I am not any other race, but a problem in black households is we sweep shit under the rug and we keep going as if shit never fucking happened. Like you hear these stories about, you know, a child being ripped by our uncles for years and years, and the found out and just cut the unc just cut her brother off. She just cut the uncle off. She didn't take any type of legal action, and they just swept in under the rug. And then you grow up. Then the child grows up all promiscuous and shit or thinking that this is regular because there was never any action taken against her uncle. You know what I'm saying, What did you do? Did you call the police? Did you get them locked up? What did you do? And then what did you do for her? You know, what did you do to really set an example to say this is not right? This is my baby, this is your child. You raped her. You gotta pay for this shit. You understand what legal action was taking? And then also did you get her therapy? Do you talk to her? Is she allowed to open up about it around you? Because if you like to keep her a secret, I know, damn well, she ain't supposed to be saying nothing about it, you know? Is that how you raised her after that? Like, look, we don't talk about this because that's wrong. You know, she may have issues for the rest of her life because of this, you know, and listen, I understand, you want love, you want friends. It's very hard being lonely, but with five children.
Speaker 2: You can't be lonely.
Speaker 1: I understand that you have five children can't give you intimacy, they can't get but that's gonna have to be on a back burner until you really heal, because you haven't healed yourself. You have not healed. It's nothing wrong with having a person that you can talk to and stuff like that. All you gotta do is get out. That's easy, finding somebody to just talk to. But you're trying to be in love. You want to get married, you want to, but that's gonna take a lot of work, honey, because there's been a lot of traumatic moments that led up to you being damaged. You are damaged, Your daughter is damaged, and I don't know about the rest of your four beautiful children. But who's to say that he didn't do that in front of them? Who's to say that you know? We just don't know, okay, Because if you molest one child, and you treat one child like shit, or you put your hands on one child, the rest of them aren't exempt. You just have to assume that he's a danger to all of them. All of them are in danger around the fuck father. You understand what I'm saying, how is the relationship between you and your kids? You said, sometimes you feel like a horrible parent. Do you look at them and see him? Do you see them as a product of him? And you know and you get disgusted with them? You know, because you need therapy. You need to heal tremendously before you make a decision to date somebody. Baby, This is not just gonna be a I date now all my problems are gone away. No, you have to connect with your children. Connect with them. Let them know what their father is. You need to let them know why you left their dad. You need to explain to them everything that you explained to me, because that's all you got is your children. They ain't gonna never leave you. They'll never telling you, They'll never leave you. Hold up, hold up, I know this shit getting good, But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial. If you love me, you'll listen. Are you religious? Do you have do you pray? You know? Do you meditate? Do yoga? What do you do? You know? What are you doing for job? What do you do in your free time? You know? Do you not have one homegirl? Are you close with your parents? Have you and your mom or dad, you know, reconvened. Since you left this man, you know, does he still contact you? I need to know. I need to know these things so I can tell you or advise you on how to move with your social life. But first you need to sit down and see somebody professionally. You and your babies. You need to do individual therapy, but you need a family therapist as well. That's what y'all need in that house. I don't care if you don't think it's it's not gonna work. It works. Therapy works and it helps people. It does help. We are living in the times right now. Mental health is trending. People want to fix themselves. We didn't even know we had help for mental health until just recently, but now we do. We have all types of resources that can help you. I feel so bad for you and your babies. Yes I do, And it's the holidays now as well. Hold your baby tight, love on them. They are all you have. They are all you have. It still could be worse because you could not have them. You could have lost them, CPS could have took them right the fuck up out of there. You understand, you got your babies, all five of them, all of them teenagers all the way down to six to a six year old. Take your babies, love on them. They're going to be your strength, and you on return have to be theirs because they are still the children they didn't next to be here. You gotta put that big mommy head on, and you put your big girl panties on, and you got to pray. You know, I'm not trying to force a religion on you. I am a Christian woman, god fearing woman.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: But whoever you believe in, whatever you believe in, that's what you need to do. You understand what I'm saying. And I need an update because I want to know how you're doing. I want to know how you're doing. Jesus Christ. Damn. That made me. Oh man, that just made that makes me feel so bad for this woman and and her children, you know. And like she said, I don't even know if this is a question or not, or if I'm venting. I don't know. Like you know, she says she doesn't know what to do. I think she's doing both. She's venting while still in a place where she doesn't know what to do. She feels lonely, you know, and she doesn't think a man is going to want her after having five kids. Let me tell you something, babe, it could be way worse for you in that dating pool with your kids. You could have five different baby daddies. No shame to nobody else who does you know, But I'm saying it could be that thing, because then a man, a man will look at a woman and say, damn, you got five kids by five different niggas. Oh nah, I ain't fucking with this bit, you know what I'm saying. It goes the same way. My son's dad got five kids. It's certain women that will not mess with him because all five of his children don't belong to one woman. They belong to five different women, you know, myself included. So it's like it would be his preference. If you do reveal that you got five kids, it'd be like, nah, but you know, all five of your children were produced early by one man. It doesn't make it better all around the board, per se, but it makes it better. All of your children. They you know, they have to left the same last name, the same dad.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It just makes it easier. I'm not saying it makes it better. I'm just saying it makes it easier for you to date when all five of your children belong to one man. But I don't think you that. I don't think you should be worried about dating right now. And I understand how it feels to be alone and just want an intimate touch or that person that could tell you I love you, past you on the back. You need a hug. You go hug them babies until you meet someone that will give you a genuine hug and that will will love you for you and love your babies as well. But I think you should go get your daughter some help, and I think you should get help as well. Don't make nothing a fucking secret because this shit is happening every day somewhere. So you're not the only person who went through this shit. Your baby is not the only person who was molested by her father. And then, obviously with her being so young, what made her not tell you is he probably scared her into not telling you. You understand what I'm saying. Just think about every night she wanted to run away, or she wanted to come the fuck home, she wanted to call the police, she wanted to kill her father. She don't understand why her Why are you doing this to me. Think of her, Think of how she was feeling the same way you were feeling when he was beating on your ass before you had four more children. Do you feel me. I'm not here to coddle you. I'm here to tell you you're stronger. You are a strong woman because you ain't on drugs, not that I know of it, but I'm gonna go ahead and say you ain't on no drugs. You are strong. You didn't give those children away. You did not give them, you know, put them in foster care. You could have gave them up for adoption. You are strong and that's how I know that you are strong enough. You're strong enough to not give up right now because you want a man, you know, you want to marry somebody with a big family. All that shit will come. You have to get yourself together, you know, and your baby. So just check back in with me, because I really want to follow up with you. Oh my god, but we've come to the end of this episode because I don't even have time to read another story. We've come to yet the conclusion of another episode of Carefully Reckless with your CIRL dressing. Hmm, my bad, y'all. I was eating a sandwich. The rest of my other half of my sandwich got cold, and shit, this story was so damn good. I'm like, damn man. I mean not good in a sense where it's like it's entertainment. I mean like this is some real life shit and I had to delve into it. I had to stop biting all my saying. I got a bacon, egg and cheese on white toast with butter and jelly mm, and that was cold. You don't want to put no no breakfast sandwich in a microwave. So you know I love you, girl. You know I love you, And that's why I want you to update me on everything you've got going on from here on out, you know. And it doesn't have to be an update for Carefully Reckless. You can just update me anyway personally. You know what I'm san hand. And if you don't want, you don't want the updates to be on the podcast, they don't have to be. I just want to make sure you're okay, all right, And that is the end, you guys. I'll see you next week. Peace Can't Fully Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.