Speaker 1: On this show. I like to think of us as.
Speaker 2: Doctors, not in the traditional sense obviously, because we don't have medical degrees, some of us even regular degrees, and we couldn't tell you where most human body parts are located or even pronounce them. And I know personally I've put the thermometer in the wrong place many many times.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: We're more like doctors of love.
Speaker 2: And just like with your regular physician who asked you to come in for a check up every few years, just you know, to make sure you're still alive, we like to do that with our patients from a successful second date update, check in just to peek in on their relationship and see, hey, you guys dead yet?
Speaker 3: Okay, taking a pulse here, get on the scale.
Speaker 1: That's the worst part for me.
Speaker 2: Today we're going to perform a check up on two of our listeners who overcame some weird family drama. We see where they're at months later. I'm gonna get the thermometer out for your brand news.
Speaker 1: Second date up date update, next second date up date.
Speaker 2: If a date doesn't go well and you know that it's your own fault, that's tough, but it's easier to live with because you can own it and learn from your mistakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, absolutely, that's a very progressive would think of it.
Speaker 2: It's much worse though, when a date goes south because of something or someone that's totally.
Speaker 1: Out of your control. It's frustrating.
Speaker 2: And that's what one of our listeners, Lana said in her email. She also said she's a big fan of the show. Oh cool, she doesn't miss a day. So Lana, first of all, thank you for listening, and tell us about the guy that you went out with what's his name?
Speaker 5: First of all, I just have to say.
Speaker 3: I'm excited you finally get your moment on the show. I mean, I'm sorry that it has to deal with a bad date, but we're glad you're here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's get into your date. Tell us about the guy that you went out with. What's his name?
Speaker 5: So this guy's names Marcus.
Speaker 1: How did you meet Marcus?
Speaker 5: We met him bumble okay, And yeah, he just seemed like really relaxed and fun like he had some photos of him like doing things other than just drinking, which just nice.
Speaker 1: What other things are there?
Speaker 5: He had actually a photo of him doing like drag racing, so I'm like, is that just a hobby or you? Is that like a pretend photo.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, I swear I'm in that car right there. You just can't see me.
Speaker 1: So what did you and Marcus do for your date?
Speaker 5: I thought this was such a cute idea. He suggested that we'd go have a little picnic in the park.
Speaker 3: Oh that's always fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so sweet low cresh. And so we got there and he had this like giant picnic basket.
Speaker 3: Oh good man. Yeah, I mean you never know if you're just showing up to a park and he's got some subway ready for you, or he yeah right, but or he actually went the extra month and put together like some goods.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, he opens up the picnic basket and he pulls out bags of KFC.
Speaker 3: Oh. I mean, but that's delicious. I said, that's better.
Speaker 5: I think it'd be weird if he had a homemade sandwiches.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was I read black, you know, I was really hoping for a circutery board or something.
Speaker 1: What did you think, Lana, was the KFC a good move or a bad one?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Actually I started laughing hysterically because on my profile I say that. I love KFT.
Speaker 3: Attention to detail. Nicely done, sir, you can read. I mean, that's actually a lot of points. I mean, don't you say you can spell? Like? I remember when I met my husband, he showed up with my coffee order, and I just thought it was so sweet, like so thoughtful, just those little things.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough about Brooks boring dating life. Let's get back to Lana. Keep us going with Marcus. What happened next?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know, we had a great time. We were like eating our fried chicken and hanging out, and I started getting these like furious texts and phone calls from my sister, which I tried to ignore for a while, but then I was like, oh no, maybe there's an emergency, like maybe she.
Speaker 4: Got to a car accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was going on?
Speaker 5: She was mad at me because I borrowed one of her outfits. I borrowed the like pantsuit thing, it's like a jumper kind of.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean, but that didn't really affect your date at all, did it?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've lived with ten sisters and they get nasty over cloth.
Speaker 3: Did you guys get into a yelling match over the phone right in front of him.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I like walked away, and I mean I don't know exactly if you heard, but like I'm not shy, Like I'm pretty expressive and I waving my hands around. Like when I was talking to.
Speaker 1: Her, Marcus is like, why did you just spit on your phone?
Speaker 3: I mean I think that that's pretty simple, though. Didn't you just go back and tell them, like, oh my god, my dumb little sister called me because she's mad borrowed or clothes. Like, don't you think that that would be.
Speaker 5: He's probably gonna get a glimpse of what the fight will.
Speaker 3: No, you don't think so. I think that it's like kind of funny.
Speaker 1: That would be a red flag to me.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, viously doesn't get along even with her own family.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 3: What was what was his attitude like when you got back after talking with your sister.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he seems like a little bit awkward. So I was like, why don't we just go over to the little playground area and we'll go swing and swings and kind of lighten things up a little bit.
Speaker 1: How much you were your hands inflatable, Carson, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it depends on if this guy has a sibling or not, because if you have a sibling, you can understand that relationship like that, that tension is okay, that you still love the person, that that's just sometimes how you communicate, or just an outfit you love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe we'll be Maybe we'll be able to get a gauge about how he was feeling based on how the date ended.
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 5: You know, it was fine, Like we didn't kiss her anything, which would have been kind of weird in the middle of the park, but he did hug me, and you know, he had go to his buddy's birthday party and I had a dinner to go to, so we couldn't like linger very long. But I thought we had a great time, and in like the grand scheme of things, I actually would be open to a relationship with this guy, like he seems like definitely marriage material.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, Oh, your sister is in so much trouble. She screwed this up for you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's see if the sister drama continues. Yes, we'll play a song, we'll come back. We'll call Marcus for you and try and get your second date.
Speaker 5: Update Okay, Yeah, you guys are awesome. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, Lana. Update.
Speaker 3: You're in the middle of a second date. Update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here. Part two.
Speaker 2: Sibling arguments don't end with childhood, No, they continue well into adulthood. And today one of our listeners, Lana, is tattling on her younger sister, saying.
Speaker 1: Mom, Lisa's ruining my.
Speaker 2: Date again because she recently had a picnic in the park with a guy named Marcus. While it was happening, her sister kept spamming her phone accusing her of borrowing an outfit without permission.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did, basically a Class C felony.
Speaker 2: So eventually Lana had to just take a moment to answer a call, yell at her cis and put her in her place. But now she's worried that even though the rest of the date went well, that may have been a turn off for Marcus. Nowlana, we didn't ask you, have you been talking very much with Marcus after the date.
Speaker 1: Or not at all? Like is he ghosting you completely?
Speaker 5: No, he hasn't ghosted me completely, Like if I text him he'll text me back, but he hasn't asked me on another date, and that was like a week and a half ago that we went out.
Speaker 2: But it's a good sign that he's still at least keeping in touch, maybe just.
Speaker 3: Replying to be nice maybe, or maybe he's just waiting for you to ask him on the date, like women can do that too. He's the one that made the first move with the KFC in the park. Maybe it's your turn.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing right now.
Speaker 3: But she could have asked before us.
Speaker 6: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, without a team around her, but it's all right. We're here for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I could have, but I don't know. I like it when the guy like makes ever, you know, I don't want to just be like chasing after some guy.
Speaker 2: I bet your sister would have asked the guy out without having to call a radio station.
Speaker 5: You did not just say.
Speaker 2: That I went there. I went there, girlfriend, girlfriend, I do. I have a younger sister. We haven't spoken in years.
Speaker 3: She also borrows one of your out there.
Speaker 2: She did unforgivable. Now that I'm all riled up, let's give Marcus a call.
Speaker 1: We'll try and get your second date update.
Speaker 5: You ready, Lana, Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm looking for Marcus us. Hey, my name is Jeffrey from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. This isn't like an advertisement or anything. We're doing a segment on our show called a second date Update.
Speaker 4: Am I in the radio right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Is that? Okay? It's all just for fun. It's a positive things we have to tell you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: The reason why we're calling you is because you recently went out with a woman who had a great time with you, but she's confused after your date.
Speaker 1: Why you're not reaching out to ask her out again?
Speaker 4: This is her name, Lana, it is.
Speaker 2: You know who we're talking about the phone right now. You're giggling as we're mentioning her. I mean that sounds like a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, she's great. I like her a lot, all right, I just don't know if it's the best match.
Speaker 1: What what makes you say that?
Speaker 4: Did she tell you we went out? We went out once?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she told us all about your picnic in the park date and how.
Speaker 3: Thoughtful you were that you got KFC because on her bio said how much she loved KFC. I would say, good move on.
Speaker 4: Your part, sir, Sure, thank you.
Speaker 2: She thought you were very thoughtful and very funny and she had a great time with you. So she's really hoping to see you again and doesn't understand why you haven't been in communication.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So did she mentioned she has a sister?
Speaker 3: Yeah she did. Yeah, she's embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she knows that.
Speaker 2: It kind of got out of hand and she went off to yell at her sister a little bit because of some sibling drama.
Speaker 4: But no, no, it's it's not. I totally get family drama. I mean, I you know, my siblings and I fight too. It wasn't that.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Did she mention her sister. She calls her like her little sister. But they're twin.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're twins. So she's like two minutes littler than she is or something like that, like twins like to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess twins that Okay, why is that a problem.
Speaker 4: The last person I dated was also a twin.
Speaker 1: Whoa, what are the odds?
Speaker 3: Well, are you worried that it's Lana's sister?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, No, it's just like, so this last person I dated, I dated her for a while, and oh, this is embarrassing. All Right, I'm just gonna say it. Okay, when I met this woman that I was seeing, when I met her twin, I found myself more attracted to her than the person that I was actually dating.
Speaker 3: Hey wait were they Were they identical twins?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so some may have a personality trade that you are more attracted to than the look alike.
Speaker 1: So you're like, hey, I want that one.
Speaker 3: That's like one instance. What does that have to do with Laana? That has nothing to do with Laanna exactly.
Speaker 4: I just have this fear that, like maybe I have some weird thing inside me. We're like, when there's a twin, I end up wanting to be with the one that I'm not with, and I felt like I might or I might want to and that's why it ended, and I just don't want to go through that again.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is weird.
Speaker 2: So you you're worried that if you end up dating Lana, you'll eventually meet her sister and be more attracted to her sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of one experience you had with identical twins.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a big stretch, man, It's a big leap. I mean, this is something that we definitely need to talk to Lana about.
Speaker 4: I guess I should, but I don't even know how I'd like even bring it up with her. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be weird.
Speaker 1: That would be it is.
Speaker 2: The good news is you already kind of did because Lana's been on the other line listening and she wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, no, yeah, yeah, Lana, Marcus, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Speaker 6: You got commitment issues, buddy, Like that's the only.
Speaker 5: Reason that you would suddenly be attracted to another woman. There are a lot of attractive women out there.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, hi, thanks for setting this up. That's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, clearly you don't have the boss to talk to me about this. You could have just said something like as a joke and it would have been over. Like, I'm not worried.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to just not do anything bad. I'm not. I didn't.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, such a little whiny.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Marcus. What if Lanna is the hotter of the two sisters and you already went out with her.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, so you just missed out.
Speaker 1: Bro, you're the hotter of the two identical twins?
Speaker 3: Are you mad? Then? At his reasoning is what I'm getting at, Lana.
Speaker 5: That is the most immature, stupidest I think I've ever heard of a reason that you don't want to go on another day because you think you're going to fall in love with my sister who you've never met.
Speaker 4: They asked me the question. I was just being honest.
Speaker 3: I mean he did know. He did know it was weird, right, and he didn't know how to bring it up to you. And I mean, Marcus, you can kind of see how ridiculous that thought is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you couldn't understand how it's weird that I dated twins and now I'm with someone else's twins. You can understand like that's weird too.
Speaker 2: In a way, he's looking out for you, Lanna, like he doesn't want to accidentally break your heart.
Speaker 5: Oh please, You know what he is looking out for me by not texting me back is clearly he's a mess and I don't need to get involved with that.
Speaker 1: No, don't write him off yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there has to be a way that we can find out once and for all whether or not he will be attracted to your sister. Maybe we can do some sort of blind test. You and your sister both meet him at the same time. He takes the blindfold off and he has to choose which one is Lana.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the worst idea for la make history of ideas?
Speaker 1: Is it the most romantic?
Speaker 3: That is terrible?
Speaker 1: What if he chooses rights, Lana? No, I bet your sister would be up for him.
Speaker 6: I told you death don't.
Speaker 1: Go there, so I won't go there. But how about I go here?
Speaker 2: Where I am ask Marcus, would you like to go out on another date with Lana?
Speaker 1: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 4: Now that we've talked about it, I do think you're right. I'm probably silly, and I really I would love to go on a second date with you. And I I'm sorry as being weird. I think I was just caught up guard and I didn't want to be a jerky.
Speaker 3: So cute Jeffery's doing the heart symbol with his hayos right now. It's really weird.
Speaker 1: It's so Nicelana.
Speaker 2: What I mean, I'm feeling the love coming through from Marcus.
Speaker 1: How about you? Lana? What do you say, give him one more shot.
Speaker 3: You did really like him, Lana, I mean, and he's a person who can admit when he's an idiot.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, okay, so he's sweet, but like, if we go out again, I'm just going to be worrying the whole time that when he meets my sister he's gonna want to date her.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's you also jumping to a conclusion.
Speaker 2: Just make sure that they never meet. Problem solved. So what do you say we'll pay for it, KFC.
Speaker 5: He might have to do something nicer than he I see this time.
Speaker 4: I promise, I promise I will.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations you too, successful second date update.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, and I promise if I meet your sister, I won't feel anything.
Speaker 6: Such a charmer froking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: So that was a second date from a couple of months ago, and we asked Lana and Marcus to come back onto the show and give us an update on where they're at. Unfortunately, Lana is the only one who responded, and she's on the line with us. Lana, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, how are you?
Speaker 3: It's okay? You know, sometimes a second date doesn't turn into a third or a force.
Speaker 6: Well guessing we did actually have a third and fourth date. Yea, yeah, a bunch of more dates and they were really good.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Oh are.
Speaker 4: You one of those couples where he's like, honey, I don't want to do this, you just go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened sounds like there's a butt coming.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a big butt.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, so I took him to a house party. Yeah, and surprise, surprise, my sister was there.
Speaker 3: Oht okay, please don't tell me. It's what he thought was going to happen, where he like, dug your sister.
Speaker 6: Well, in the back of my mind, I was like, okay, I know what he said. I have to just keep him apart. They must not be alone together.
Speaker 1: Smart, You're like a chaperone at a middle school dance, like hey, balloon's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and and nothing happened. I walked my sister out, I said goodbye, and then I go back inside and I find him in a room with my best friend making out.
Speaker 2: Oh your best friend looked like you are you serious?
Speaker 3: I'm more upset about your best friend.
Speaker 6: I mean, she was plaster like she probably would have made out with a wall. But I learned my lesson. If a guy is worried about cheating or doing some sketchy behavior and he admits that to you, like, listen to him the first time.
Speaker 1: That's the real lesson here.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we appreciate the update, Lona. I'm sorry it turned out the way it did.
Speaker 3: Good luck in love, Lona. Yeah, thanks for helping.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you guys trying. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning,