Speaker 1: Are you leave in I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay a. We want to send you off InStyle. We want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Porn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need with Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And this is Karen Kilgariff, and we're talking.
Speaker 3: To you from the home from home or homes.
Speaker 1: The way I said it was almost like a trick, Like I said home, like I'm from Philadelphia? Am I in Philadelphia? Now?
Speaker 3: You sounded like a Philadelphia version of missedoubt fire.
Speaker 1: Though there was a boom.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I thought we'd just get in a car together. But of course we can't. We have to follow the rules. It would be illegal.
Speaker 1: Well we yeah, we should follow the rules. We should take it seriously that we don't know what the three of us have been up to for the past two weeks. So we don't know. We don't know who has it, or what's safe or what to take a risk. So we just all decided let's just record this from home, and who cares, right, Yeah, It's.
Speaker 3: The only way to not worry about it later, because I've become someone that worries a lot and I haven't left the house. I've been really good about not leaving the house. There was four days where I didn't go out my front door mm hm, except to take out the garbage.
Speaker 1: Which has gotten so exciting. I mean, it's like a whole thing. But when I took my garbage out last week, it was like I felt like I was choreographing the best way to take out the garbage, Like, oh, if I pulled this can over here, it'll hold this gate open. Finally I've broken you know what I mean, Like I'm trying to say it back now. It was so interesting when I was doing it, and it is not interesting.
Speaker 3: It is. It is amazing. I find it amazing that I'm usually taking out the garbage at night and then I run back to my door scared of I guess, the garbage monster. I've become a paranoid, scared person.
Speaker 1: Your scared germs are going to chase you and beat you up in your yea, your alleyway.
Speaker 3: Fly up my nose, airborne germs.
Speaker 1: Sorry, can we just talk about what we just majestically captured on zoom video? Right before we Chris started doing the intro to the podcast, he took his baseball hat off, and Chris, do you want to talk about what's been going on under your hat? Is?
Speaker 3: This is normal growth? This is what happens when I ignore I guess it's been It's been two and a half months since I had a haircut. It is.
Speaker 1: It looks truly like you are in an eighties kind of sex rom com about. It looks like you're the missing character from Weird Science. Is basically what it is.
Speaker 3: There was a time where this hair said nothing but comedy, and I used to fall back on it in the beginning. Did you really comedy?
Speaker 1: Did you do some Eraserhead material?
Speaker 3: I did know my first when I did the contest in Austin, I bought four wigs. We've seen this since, but I think I was the first. I bought four wigs that looked like my hair, and during my six minute set, I would just stop and say, you guys, I can't lie anymore. I'm not who you think I am. And I'd take off the first wig and tell a couple jokes and then do it again again. I'm sorry that I've been lying to you and each time, and then in the end it was my real hair and people go crazy to the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. They love people. First of all, prop comedy, wig comedy specifically is always solid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. Actually I still think it's funny today. I would do it again.
Speaker 1: Why not? They might? I have just one thousand questions on how did you get those wigs to stay on underneath each other?
Speaker 3: I think it very difficultly, and they didn't stay and I'd have to press them down as I pulled my hair off. And I'm telling you that just was more laughs sure in my favor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they weren't laughs against it was pro no there laughs for nice good yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then but it was it was hard to find the wigs. I had to go on a big wig hunt.
Speaker 1: What are wig hunts involved?
Speaker 3: Well, the big wig Hunt of two thousand and one involved me asking a lot of my theatrical friends in Austin. There's a lot there's a big black box theater scene there. Sure, and every one of those theaters has at least one curly brown wig.
Speaker 1: Sure, so I made from nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and alled on the landline and I'd go pick them up. And it worked. It worked. Its way easier than writing more than five minutes of material.
Speaker 1: You sorry, I just thought of another thing. You look like just for the people at home. They're listening, I mean listening, but can't see this amazing vision. Well, you also look like the logo for the Candy Warheads when people's head is just kind of the guy's head is just kind of exploding.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: It's so sour that his whole head kind of exploding. That's what your hair.
Speaker 3: My hair, Yeah, looks like a nuclear mushroom mushroom cloud.
Speaker 1: You also look like you could be like the saxophone player for a kookie band, like a theme.
Speaker 3: Just two more examples before my feelings get hurt.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'll be working on him over here.
Speaker 3: I know what I look like. I'm doing this to myself.
Speaker 1: You are, You're asking for it, and.
Speaker 3: It's really weird that it it has to get to a point. I think it's two and a half inches before all of a sudden it gets curly. I don't know it's curly. Yeah, it sure is get until I grow it out and then it hits that moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's Chris. It's hair that people would pay tens of thousands of dollars for. Who are needed.
Speaker 3: Hair in the early two thousands, or maybe doll makers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I'm always talking about doll makers.
Speaker 3: But I can't walk around with this hair. No one you should. No one's going to do business with me.
Speaker 1: Well unless you, and I've seen you do versions of this when you parted on the side and then you really dippity do it down, so there's tons of product in it.
Speaker 3: I did a dippity doo last night. I had to play mouth in a reading of the Goonies, and he's got very fine straight hair, so I just I put a lot of product in it, and I just kept brushing it.
Speaker 1: Did you do just why it's like that so big and gorgeous. Thank you, you're welcome. It looks really nice.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But did you do like was it like this on zoom a reading?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: And then we went. We did another one. We did Flatliners last week and that was through Twitch and last night was Facebook Live. We're just trying all thees that is the future of comedy. We all know my job doesn't exist anymore, so we're figuring out ways adapting.
Speaker 1: And it's fine now when you say we are you now in a are you in a black box theater group like the ones that you tapped?
Speaker 3: So all my manager Jessica at a veil, all of her clients, we've just out of not knowing what else to do with our time. We've been reading bad scripts and.
Speaker 1: Are people watching like, yes, other people audience members are streaming more.
Speaker 3: Than would be sitting in a comedy club.
Speaker 1: Nice. Really, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: To where I'm like, maybe I should just be doing stand up the thing I have control over. It's funny. It's almost comforting though that because I'm not competitive with my career, or I say I'm not, but I am being I'm being comforted right now by the act that everyone David Spade, Jimmy Fallon, everyone is in their kitchen, yes, doing the same thing. We're all at the same level right now completely, and there's something comforting about that. I don't know if it's healthy that that comforts me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like to take comfort thinking when I see like everybody streaming national talk shows, sketch shows, whatever from their homes, I think, I bet they smell like onions, just like I do, because I swear to you I smell on the daily, and I'm not going to change it until I know someone's coming around, Because what's the point.
Speaker 3: Everyone everyone smells. We've all stopped touring to here ago. Yep, everyone smells terrible, and everyone's eating like a fifteen year old on vacation.
Speaker 1: I feel sick, like like when I was fifteen and would go on vacation and my mom would buy like sugar, cereal and candy and stuff like that. The combination of things I've eaten today, one of which was I made cookies this morning, which is always bad because then you eat cookie dough and the cookies that you make. But I, in making these cookies burned two different batches, did twice like forgot to set the timer two times and wasted literally I guess it would be a dozen cookies on just on as I'm watching TV, I'm like, ah shit, there's cookies in there, like I cannot cook. I can't even do the base.
Speaker 3: And I'm trying. I'm getting the Hello fresh fresh meals and I am really following the directions and trying to be patient. But you know, I have a camera in my hair or my phone in my hand. I have to film it. I'm filming everything. I'm like trying to.
Speaker 1: Sing, why you have to film it? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Content? I gotta have something to validate me sitting here. I'm almost on TikTok. I'm trying to figure out what TikTok does. I think your lip saying.
Speaker 1: It's for, it's for, it's for fourteen year olds.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to do it. I have a cooking show. It's got a decent following. I've been doing workouts where I get tangled up in resistance bands. They're comedy videos. I'm not just doing the thing, Okay, I'm burning the food on purpose. Oh I see the ghost is still here because my oven mid I'll preheat the oven and it only cooks for ten minutes and then it shuts down. Something shuts it down. So that's made cooking harder.
Speaker 1: So what else is going on? What have you been watching on TV?
Speaker 3: I just watched what did I watch? I see you Helen Hunts in it, and the kid who plays the young version of the guy from Ozark and the Australian guy who's like the cop and outsider and the bad guy Bloodline. He's in Bloodline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben Mendelssohn. Yeah, I didn't know he was Australian.
Speaker 3: He's great and uh anyway, the kid that plays him. It's this movie that I I feel like I'm like Jordan peel where and I watch movies. I don't want to make a comedy. I want to make scary movies. And it's it's a scary psychological thriller.
Speaker 1: And it was good.
Speaker 3: I loved it. Oh okay, and I watched I've been watching a lot of the World's Most Extraordinary Homes.
Speaker 1: Yes, the British it's just the British series.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Yeah, yeah, yes, I'm all the way through it.
Speaker 1: It's the best, right when there's like there's like a big cement house in the middle of like the desert and then entire walls. Is it that one with the guy and girl host or.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. She is like a comedic actress and he's an architect.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with that show. Oh I love that he watching British show. Okay, good Steven, Yes, because that thing is satisfying because those two hosts are really charming and the one guy's an actual architect, so he knows what he's talking about. But then it's like they go and actually enjoy the house the way a person would live in the house and show you all the Like, I'm obsessed with that show.
Speaker 3: I love how she they tell her not to get in the bed or what, and she'll sneak off and be I'm going to do a little exploring of my own. Rn't I naughty? And she takes a bath or gets in their bed.
Speaker 1: Yep, she doesn't give a shit. She's like, it's the best classic British actress. Also, there's just it's those things. Where did you see the one where the two people spent I think they spent like twelve years building this dream house and it was all made out of like rivets from like it was all like this you know, industrial No, not in the airplane lady. It was the guy that was way more hardcore, almost like he was clearly a finance guy and he had this idea in his head of the house he wanted and it was like there's a lot of like metal stairs in the front room and the ceilings were like fifty feet high. Remember that one where I was like, you could have fed hundreds of thousands of hungry children, you fucking asshole, Like just for this shitty house that looks like kind of like a warehouse, and you had to have it.
Speaker 3: And one of them is like, we wanted it to look like a run down boat house with no windows. Yeah, so it looks bad also, and it's in the middle of nowhere. It's clearly an ice ore. But then the inside they sell you on it because it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, suddenly the inside justifies the outside. Did you say the one where it was just a weird circle and it looked like it had kind of been abandoned, and the whole.
Speaker 3: House was yeah, it's like a donut.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it was just like living here would make me so upset, Like you can't. It's just one long, curving hallway.
Speaker 3: With in the middle. I guess it's their own round courtyard.
Speaker 1: Right, but like, no, thanks, I don't What do you want if you love grabbing? And like every time you walk out there, you have to have flip flops on because you can't just like walk across to the other side because it was like gravel.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 1: Or I'm like lots some of them.
Speaker 3: Are addressing the problem, like bugs and scorpions. Like a lot of them are open air. It's like this is air conditioned by nature. I'm like, yeah, and you're going to wake up with a raccoon on your pillow, yeah, Or.
Speaker 1: Like in me when I was making cookies this morning and there was a house fly because I leave the back door open for the dogs and there's a hat. They all the bugs come in through the back door I leave open, and then they travel to the front to the kitchen and try to get out of the front window. And I like three times a day open the side went out and have to wave out huge like horse fly size flies. It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: And that's like, imagine if that was little critters.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I don't live in the desert. I live in urban Los Angeles. Imagine if it was like out where whatever could be flying by.
Speaker 3: But you're comforted as you shoe a little animal out. You're comforted by the fact that your house is self sustainable or something.
Speaker 1: Right, You're like, no, this is this solar hexagon house is worth it? As I stare down a rattlesnake in my hallway.
Speaker 3: Great idea, exactly. But you can use your air conditioning. I'm going to use the wind that wraps around my airplane wing.
Speaker 1: Roof and doesn't actually go into my house because that's not the way airplanes work.
Speaker 3: It's just my really really weird, expensive way of letting you know I'm better than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Stephen, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Oh? Just is it just them being British? But I feel like the two hosts hate each other.
Speaker 3: There are times, there are episodes where they don't interact at all. Yeah, you can tell they're having a fight.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're old seventies gay guy and kookie actress friends and they're probably really sick of each other, like they probably have spent fifty years being friends.
Speaker 4: I just have the energy to me of like the okay, like you know, just like it's like there's something very tense all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I yet, I've noticed that too. I feel like they've been fighting a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: I think architects are intense people because they're crazy smart and they're like numbers people in big picture planners. And then you've got and you know that actress who is a woman after my own heart, probably is smoking pot in the rental car on the way to the shoot. You know what I mean. She makes his job ten times harder. He's doing all the heavy lifting and she's like, I'm merely the personality here. And then she just goes and starts pushing walls to see if they open up, Like, yeah, I bet you it's that where she's like, I do what I want and follow my heart. You hold down the major part of the work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, She's always aggressively opening doors and trying to say things that are architectural and he's like trying not to roll his eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty. It's pretty goddamn entertaining. But then you know, I think, but there are it also is like the fun of you would I think she is such a great Stephen. Do you mind looking up their names so we can actually give them credit because you know who we're talking about. But I think she brings so much to the table because she's acting like every man that walks up to a house like that, where it's like what, like, you know, when those houses that are like half buried in the ground and their roofs or grass or something that you just don't get to see every day.
Speaker 3: Like she loved the Grassroots House. I love that house.
Speaker 1: I know, right there was a couple or there was that one that was right on the coast and so it was super dramatic and all the windows were like triple pained because the like wind and storms and everything because they were right like on a cliff essentially, remember that one where I was like I wanted to go there so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so many houses that they are they are battling the surroundings on purpose. Yes, they choose. Of course it's going to be a dangerous place study of which is why it's all bulletproof.
Speaker 4: The The hosts are Carolyn Quinton and Pierce Taylor.
Speaker 3: Piers Peer's Taylor, of course his name is Peers.
Speaker 1: And I see Carolyn Quinton in so many of my wonderful British Victorian dramas that I cannot stop watching. I watched like.
Speaker 3: Three today acting things for sure for sure. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a very talented British actress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to watch more of her work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's sell dper. I don't know why that suddenly got so oppressive to me all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, I haven't. I've been afraid to even go to a laundromat because of course that's where the germs are. Yeah, dangerous surfaces everywhere. So my laundry picked up. It was three giant bag. It was one hundred and some dollars of laundry. Sure.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And when they brought it back it was just a bag of Doiley's and neglige A. And they brought back the wrong clothes. I knew that would happen to me. I've never and some poor old lady was just like, wear are my clothes? She's opening up just a boxes of T shirts T shirts. But it got figured out.
Speaker 1: It was very fun, though I used to get really embarrassed because I would take my When I lived on that side of town, there was a laundrymut You could either go in and do it yourself, or you could drop it off and they would they would you just go pick it up the next day, which I loved, except when I started thinking about how gross it is that someone has to touch all my laundry, and like see my dirty clothes. And then I was like, oh, that's kind of depressing. I don't have time to do it, and I need to pay someone to do it. But I'm sorry, you have to do it, is how I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I wanted to wash them a little bit before I loaded.
Speaker 1: Them over, just a quick rint so they don't sell so oniony.
Speaker 3: When you drop a lot, I yeah, I didn't know. I sprayed. I for breathe.
Speaker 1: Oh you really did, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wanted it to smell a little better. That's nice.
Speaker 1: I think that's good.
Speaker 3: And they did. They called and said it smelled pretty good. Hey, brought it in.
Speaker 1: You made it way less bad than it was last time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And then they pick up the tag, thank you missus. Quinnlan what your doilies?
Speaker 3: Quinland got her?
Speaker 1: She got her clothes, She got her clothes, she got those doilies.
Speaker 3: But it was a bit. It really was a bunch of doilies that she had to have dry cleaned.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, in this in this pandemic, she needs to have those at her disposal at all times.
Speaker 3: When it's the last time you drove anywhere, Karen.
Speaker 1: Going to the store that's the only thing I do basically is, you know, we used to be sneaking these in. Then it was just kind of like, oh, if it's peak week or we're kind of this is like the peak time where we really need to be flattening the curve. We were all deciding like, hey, yeah, let's be those Let's be like that in not a different way, not like those the Blood of Christ bathing in the Blood of Christ people. That's one of my favorite stories that just keeps happening over and over in the news. All these people come forward and go, government can't tell me what to do, barer murmur, and literally like four days later they have it, they're in the hospital, then they die. It just keeps happening over and over. I don't understand the people who think they're fighting something like they're acting like they're fighting the government telling them what to do, and it's like, it's just people trying to keep you alive. That's the only thing it is.
Speaker 3: Well, then that sounds blasphemous. I'm going to church, I've been I meant to google images or video of people in church on Easter, but I didn't. Did people go to church or was that just a threat and no, no, no.
Speaker 1: In some spots, people went to church in some of those states where the governors were real like yeah, it's no big deal and everybody's overreacting. And those are the stories where like the pastor who there's a pastor who spoke out about it, like first, you know, like saying, this is ridiculous and you can't keep but this is religious oppression. He's died of it already. Like this story is like it's the great ironic, Like it just keeps the same thing keeps playing out in the news, people pretending they're rebelling against something and then dying from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've i feel like I'm being paranoid. It's so hard to compare it to anything. But I'm scared. When I've been in supermarkets, I'm sweating and I'm nervous. So I've been been having groceries delivered here, totally pre made boxes of you know, vegetables that I don't know what to do with. I've been actually eating healthier. Oh that's good, until I did my shopping at Walgreens the other day. That's that was a little dip in health. A lot of canned but Annie's chili. Yes, but I chili for two days in a row, but before that, just grilling a lot of vegetables. And that I don't even go out to get that anymore. You mean like I don't. I haven't been into grocery stores. I'm too paranoid about what might fly under my mask because everyone says, yeah, it's it's only transferred with spit flying onto your face. But who is sure. No one knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, no one knows anything for sure. That adds to this scariness. Also, we as a society aren't used to wearing masks everywhere, so that the first time I had to wear I hadn't. My sister sent me an n ninety five mask that she bought like five of them when the fires were happening in northern California, so she had one left over, and she's like, I'll mail it to you. And then I felt all these feelings about you have one of the official masks, you should drop it off whatever. And but that same day as the day I had to take George to go get her. I told you George had to have her teeth pulled last week in the middle of too.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay, And then you just said teeth. I'd imagined all of them like a ren and stamped cartoon.
Speaker 1: Well oh no, no, no, sorry, she had all her table and now she has a beautiful set of dentures, dog dentures. No no, no, oh, can someone please make that image you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No. I took her to the vet because she kept she was doing making a lot of sounds like she was trying to talk to me, and she kept laying right next to me, and she was drooling all the time, and her breath was terrible. And I finally lifted up her one of her lips and one of her back teeth was like, her gums looked really bad, you know, ginger vitasy, And then one of her teeth looked really bad. So I took her in and then I'm like, yeah, we're gonna have to pull two of her teeth. And I was like, oh god, I felt so terrible, but that seemed so I had to. And that was when it was really scary, and really everyone decided everyone staying indoors, unlock. Everyone that understands how medical experts are trying to help us. Everyone's staying inside. And then it was like then I had to leave, so then there was this whole going to the vet. They had this whole procedure of them coming outside, like they came to get the dog out of the car. I didn't ever go inside, and you just kind of sat there and waited and whatever. So then at one point I was like, Oh, I better I while I'm just sitting here, you know, kind of out of town, not like in La Proper, I'll go to the grocery store because they'll be less people and there's a chance I could find toilet paper and blah blah blah. Well, I put on this mask my sister gave me, and I'm walking to the grocery store and I started having a panic attack because I'd never worn a mask like that, and I felt like, oh, I can't. Oh this mask is preventing me from getting a full breath. And then I realized, no, I'm just scared because this is fucked, Like, this is an insane situation where we don't know what's happening, but a virus could you could catch it just from being in public. Like the enormity and the insanity of the whole thing kind of hit me. And then I was like, really doing just a ton of shallow breathing in the grocery store as I was trying to very quickly pick up as many things. Also, do you get this? We're like, even if I make a list for the grocery store, once I hit the doorway, it's like I'm on an insane game show where it's like grab everything before you die. So it's like, even when I know what I want to get, I just start blinking out or going like, oh, I was going to make this thing that requires these four ingredients, but I'll get two of the ingredients. I'll be like fuck it. Just keep going, like just do it to try to do it the fastest that I can. And it's insane because it's like just take the time and make sure you get everything. But like it's I just want to bail once I'm inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is, but things are flying off, the people are grabbing things. There is like a race to grab things mm hmm. And and it makes you, like you said, there's this underlying fear that we aren't addressing, and so everything else is compounded. And have you gotten because you have one of the ninety five masks at Judgey Looks because it should be in a hospital or something, because now they're saying, don't buy the masks they're available.
Speaker 1: I mean, I take that as you judge away, because that's probably just people trying to figure out somewhere to put their anxiety. So I don't reallyish it. If my sister sent me the good mask, I'm keeping the fucking good mask. They're trying to keep people from buying ten thousand good masks and then being like, I'll charge you five hundred percent more than normal. That's really what that's about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Martins Grellies of the world.
Speaker 1: You mean, the presidents and his son in laws of the world. Like that's really for them. What's happening. That's what's happening. It's so crazy. The reason there isn't enough of that equipment for medical workers is because the president himself is keeping it so that they can somehow make money off of, like of redistributing it. But the cool thing is, did you hear that story about the company three M that makes those masks and makes all kinds of those products. They've started suing independent distributors who have three M products and are marking them up like five hundred percent. They're they're putting out lawsuits against those distributors for doing that with their products. So, like there's apparently there was an independent distributor in New Jersey that had a shit ton of three M masks and gloves and all the stuff that the medical workers need and he was selling it to people for like five hundred percent markup and they just immediately sued him. And it's like one guy with one company. Yeah, so it's I mean if that made me happy, because it's like there are companies that have a sense of the like the gravity of the situation and of what's right. They're just they're not trying to make money off of this. They're trying to save people's lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three M. I love your tape, ye exactly.
Speaker 3: I was going to mention the Scotch tape that and their Scotch tape. It is the most adhesive.
Speaker 1: And at Christmas you can see right through that shit. It doesn't impact your wrapping. Yeah, yeah, thank.
Speaker 3: You, Thriam. I'm sure they make other chemical things that kill villages, but who.
Speaker 1: Knows, Hey, we don't know that though.
Speaker 3: We don't know until we know it's going to research it.
Speaker 1: Yep, let's stay blissfully ignorant about the tape and masks and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've just been I've just been wearing bandanas over my face. It was so I The other day I had that hat you gave me, the Orpheum theater hat that looks like so cool. It's like, looks like a Compton hat that that easy would wear. And then I had a navy blue classic bandana, like just a crip bandana. And I just walked nonchalantly into a bank with the hat down and I looked in the mirror and I'm like, oh, I'm and everyone around me looked like a bank rock.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: It was so great. And I had to say something to the teller like Hi, I'm not a bank robber even though, and he's like, oh, look at mine. And he pulled up this really sinister black one.
Speaker 1: Like he had it. He pulled it off, but he had it right there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He just showed me his basically sheer ski mask that looked even more like a bandido. Those are the.
Speaker 1: Ones I do love that they go all the way down your neck and into your shirt and then you can pull them up as high as you want. They look like kind of socks for your face and neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's the only it's the closest thing you can have to having a beard as a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your big chance if you're a girl that's always wanted to feel beard, a beard like feeling, get a neck mask.
Speaker 3: I'm so close the itchiness. It's so realistic.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you went to the bank during the pandem.
Speaker 3: During rent time, because that's just how I pay my rent. I have to deposit it into her account. But it was scary to go in there. No one was in there though, and they had the six foot lines like everyone is doing a pretty good job. I've waited in to go into grocery stores like it's a dance club. Yeah, and it is comforting, but it's also just surreal.
Speaker 1: Did you see the picture that I posted of this Shepherd's pie that I made?
Speaker 3: I did pretty good, right. Yeah. Now you don't usually cook, right sometimes, No, I have.
Speaker 1: I literally have like three recipes and if anyone wants the shepherd's pie recipe, it's super simple. It's a pound of hamburger and then you had a little can of tomato paste, the small can because tomato paste is very dense. It's not tomato sauce, tomato paste, and then you get a can of the del Monte French cut seasoned green beans and that's going to be most of your seasoning. Then you brown that beef, drain off the fat. Then when you have the cooked plain beef, you pour in the tomato paste and you pour in that can of French cut green beans with seasoning, and then that becomes Then you mix that around. That becomes the meat with the almost like its own gravy and green beans. Throw in some if you have like onion salt or celry salt. That's good, salted up, real good. Then you make mashed potatoes, which is you can look that up. I'm not going to walk you through making mashed potatoes. Rats on you.
Speaker 3: I have made mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: They're very simple and easy. But once you make the mashed potato, and also do yourself a favor of putting in sour cream and put in tons of butter and salt those things up and make them the most delicious mashed potatoes you've ever had, because why the fuck not.
Speaker 3: That's something I've learned, Like seasoning and butter are so important, they really are. Yeah, I've learned a lot just from the handful of these recipes mailed to my door. You need the same thing. I didn't even know that. I didn't know how important olive oil and seasoning and butter was to everything that you make.
Speaker 1: Pretty much everything. Paprika comes in a lot too, which is surprising. There's a couple of those seasonings that like spices.
Speaker 3: Now now I know, I know to buy paprika. Yeah, it's in everything you need it. And I'm starting from scratch. I did not know how to cook anything, and I'm kind of enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's pretty cool, like you might as well. What I realized is all of cooking is just rehearsing, like trying over and over and over, and it's also setting timers and staying in the kitchen. If you have something like cooking in a pan, I have a problem where I walk away and then it burns. You can't walk away.
Speaker 3: That's what I've done my whole life. And it's like, oh, that's why I can't make an omelet or even spaghetti or rice. But if I'm standing there and I'm like, don't have anything to do for the next forty five minutes, but stand in my kitchen.
Speaker 1: It's perfect for forty five days. Yes, there's no where you have to be.
Speaker 3: Just for a whole month. Man, this is going to be good.
Speaker 1: Lasagna layer five and you just make the tallest lasagna possible.
Speaker 3: I am oh god that actually it's ooh a lasagna tower.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. How many layers could you get going?
Speaker 3: I just visualized a hundred, But it's just the dimensions of a piece of lasagna. And then it goes straight up to the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yes, like the leaning tower pizza.
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 1: But then on the side you could you could, but you could make a structure around the outside that's made of like those really crispy breadsticks that you get at some Italian places and use that as you're scaffolding to go straight up.
Speaker 3: Oh and make little food workers out a salary with little carrot construction hats.
Speaker 1: Hey speaking, Oh go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, no, I were you about to talk to the world of the world of miniature.
Speaker 1: No, I was, okay, I was just going to transition into how was your Easter? But that's kind of a moot question since all of our easters were exactly the same, and I grew.
Speaker 3: Up I think when I was a kid of course we died eggs, so we did that much. But I didn't have Catholic or otherwise church going parents, so it was it was a lot like the last fifteen easters I've had. Just noticing that other people still go to church.
Speaker 1: I should have called you and yelled. He has truly risen into the phone so that you felt like you had a church one.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm pulling bread out of the oven.
Speaker 1: He have you made? You haven't made bread?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't made a bread stuff. You know, it goes straight to my glutes. I've been making mostly I've been eating pretty healthy. Actually, it's a lot of putting vegetables, chopping them up, putting in a pan, and then stacking them in the end. So I've been eating a lot of piles of food.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe on top of some brown rice or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and way more garbonzo beans than I ever thought, or chickpeas or whatever you want to call them. Same thing. Yeah. Also stallions and onions, green onions are the same thing. I'm learning a lot. Yeah, that is true about produce.
Speaker 1: I've got my master's degree online.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that still your handle?
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah? Hell yeah, that's that's one of those commercials, from of all the mamercials we talk about, from our childhoods that are permanently burned into our brains. I feel like I know that whole one by heart. I'm sure we've talked this for sure, we've talked about already on this show.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh yeah. Sally Struthers being the first person during a commercial that I see cry on camera. She just cries. She cry talks and it works, yes.
Speaker 1: Because she kind of talks like this, would you like to make more money at home? Sure we all do that. It's like, Sally, you're already breaking. You have to be able to handle this problem so that we all can feel like we can handle it too. Yes, I want to make more money from home. Go on with what you're saying. Oh, sure we all do.
Speaker 3: She was just sad that she wanted to leave her home. Yeah, I want to make more money at home because you have no choice but to stay there. Sure we all do, oh Sally? And then she went right, was on that list?
Speaker 1: There's TVBCR repair, gun repair, childcare, gun repair. Those ones, gun repair and childcare were right next to each other, which I always loved this. I feel like this was one of my first bits that I used to do, like on the playground, you know what I mean, or would be like you guys, gun repair and childcare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that. My first bit was about infomercial reenactments people hurting their back trying to do tasks around the house. Sure ye yeah. That and my wig bit o ta to the top.
Speaker 1: Two rich areas. Don't you miss it? Audience?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, then I just stared.
Speaker 1: I just stared off, stared off, staring out the window.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you to get You used to brag about this mechanic you had, and it was while you had your Honda fit. Yes, my car of course went down and tried to start it for the first time in three weeks. I can't remember where I was going. Oh, I was gonna go grocery shopping. I have to bite the bullet. That's proof. I haven't used my car in three weeks. Yeah, and it's just dead. And I had my neighbor look at the battery and it works. Oh so my car is I need to use your mechanics. So after this, okay, I'll get you.
Speaker 1: Like he's over those he's right in Glendale kind of by that drive through Starbucks.
Speaker 3: We want to right on San very close. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get Triple A to take it straight to him. I isn't good with electrics.
Speaker 1: He oh, I don't know. Wait is your car hybrid?
Speaker 3: No, but it's I have an electrical problem, like all the lights are oh yes going off?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes. He's good at everything. And also he's he's he tries to make it so that you don't get reamed. And I've never met a mechanic like that, where oftentimes they're like, hey, look, you know, this is how much alternators cost a hundred dollars and then this is the you know, this is how much like what am I trying to think of? Like the actual cost of labor, parts and labor, blah blah blah, that kind of stuff where usually they break it down and there's kind of nothing you can say. But he's that kind of person's like, man, do you have two hundred and fifty dollars? Like he'll kind of weirdly haggle with you, or at least he did when I was so broken, truly had nothing, and yet all four of my tires were bald on that hand fit bad news.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, I had a guy in Venice that Big Bill. It was Big Bill's automotive, and he would only charge me for parts. He's like, oh, it's not that hard. And one time my car broke down and he drove me back to it and went to my car across town really and tried to work on it in front of someone's house. Like are you He's treated me like a nephew or something.
Speaker 1: Oh Big Bill.
Speaker 3: And I know he's no longer with us because there's some rich kids. They turned his shop into like an industrial apartment compleat. Oh I miss big Bill. Bill. Help us, Oh, help us. I hope he's still with us.
Speaker 1: I hope maybe he's like a mobile mechanic. I bet mobile mechanics make bank.
Speaker 3: He had a knack for it.
Speaker 1: It was his passion. Clearly, there's a couple. I've gone to a couple really decent mechanics in this town, which I never expect. I'm just always like, yep, you're going to be dishonest, you're going to read me or whatever. This is going to be terrible. And more often than not, it's people who are they're just trying to make a living and they know that treating you well is how to do it is what I find.
Speaker 3: I worked on hunt. Yeah, I need to get his number. I'm so excited about that because I should probably have a car. Yeah, in case something comes up.
Speaker 1: In case a new thing comes up. You know.
Speaker 3: I think it's healthy. Yeah, to prepare for things to suddenly be normal.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good idea. Or get way worse and you have to drive away exactly. Either way, it's not let's keep those wheels a moving. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I need to be able to go grocery shopping, Yes.
Speaker 1: For sure. I have to say my biggest regret before, right at the beginning of this, I made it Amazon purchase, and it was kind of like all the things I couldn't find at the store. And one of the things, what I can't remember if I told you this already, was those little Debbie cosmic brownies. Have you ever had those?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: A cosmic brownie?
Speaker 1: No? So well I thought I was getting. I mistakenly bought six boxes of them, is the short of it. And at first I was like, this is great because they'll always have these. I never want to see another one of these brownies again, Like I keep eating them against my own will. They don't taste good to me anymore. They're very plastic y, But in the beginning they were really comforting because they're very like grammar school lunch snack kind of feel and fare a while you don't. You shouldn't have grammar school lunch snacks when you're trying to like get through a day and retain your health. Cosmic brownies don't come in here, dude.
Speaker 3: That reminds you of a simpler a time in the past. I've been watching a lot of like why would I watch all three lethal weapons? It's the same as having brownies that someone's mom would make. Oh and there have been nights where I'm so hungry for anything and have an empty fridge and I haven't touched I have your kit cats. They are good. Oh good, Yeah, Canadian kit cats. I've not touched them.
Speaker 1: There's I mean those are from murder reinos from all over this this land and the in the world next door Canada. They mean, they gave us bags and bags of those things, and people ship them to us too. It's the greatest. Oh really, yeah, keep those for a special occasion because they're nuts good.
Speaker 3: They're so yeah. Yeah, I'm the I There was some macha Canada always has like a little twist on a Canada candy. We all know, like the Reese's Peanut butter cup that I ate once they had jelly in it. There's like a little twist. But the macha it wasn't terrible, but I'm not a big macha Macha man.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, you're not sorry.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what macha is. It's a tea yeah right, yeah, so I ate the tea kit cat. No, it's up there with the like in Canada they have ketchup chips. You know, there's some stuff that is It's just not for our America palate.
Speaker 1: Our highly refined American cosmic brownie palette. Yeah, I don't anything because I think those macha ones are kind of white chocolate based, aren't they. Like it's it's not regular chocolate, right, it's white chocolate.
Speaker 3: And understood white chocolate. It's the worst, like the same amount of calories, but it's just sugar flavored, like milk sugar, I don't know, milky sugar milk no, no, no, or sugar milk elk. Keep it the way you slice it.
Speaker 1: I don't want it sliced.
Speaker 3: I don't want it poured. I don't want it in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Keep the cacao in there. There's no reason to take anything else cackow. And also things that are flavored, tea flavored. There's you know, like those fancy ice cream stores always do that, like a salt and straw where they're like, it's your macha, you know, when they try to combine three fascinating flavors. It's like cream, cheese, macha and gravel, and you're just like, I know, no one wants this. Just give me chocolate with peanut butter in it. That's all anyone wants there.
Speaker 3: I am a texture guy. I have I've been okay, there's a liquor store down here. I've been really good. I haven't had a drink in two and a half weeks. There's no reason to now, so I feel great. But I do go to the liquor store to buy Snickers ice cream bars. Sure, And I think the reason I like them so much is that there is not gravel in them but peanuts. That texture thing. Yes, I'm a big nut and chocolate together guy.
Speaker 1: They work. It works.
Speaker 3: It does work. It's a classic, and I'm going to keep falling back on it when my move when my when my stories don't work.
Speaker 1: The much like when they start. Somebody discovered that sea salt and caramel was such a good combination, and it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would not You could describe that to me, and I wouldn't. I wouldn't be on board. But yes, it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, irl totally works.
Speaker 3: Yeah. All you have to do is tap into several quadrants of your tongue and that's a recipe for joy.
Speaker 1: And if you can't tap into all four quadrants of your tongue, you have coronavirus.
Speaker 3: Right right in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that that one of the early signs is you stop being able to smell and taste.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so like when it rains, I have allergies for some reason. And even though I know it's my nose being plugged up, when I can't smell, I'm like, I got it. Yeah, yeah, and I have a fever. And then I checked the thermostat and it's explained that I have it all the way up.
Speaker 1: I did that two mornings ago, woke up boiling hot, went and got my baby thermometer that I bought right before the quarantine started, Thank god. And have you done that? Where you have the digital thermometer that you watch as it's in your mouth. You watch the numbers go up. It's a very singular experience watching the numbers go up and being like, don't go any higher, okay, And it went and normally my temperature is ninety six point seven. That's that's where it always stops.
Speaker 3: And know your normal temperature.
Speaker 1: Well, just only because that's what this thing always tells me, is that's my temperature. And I know ninety eight point six is the standard, and.
Speaker 3: Then boy bands too.
Speaker 1: But then they say one hundred and three is when you're like in the bread zone and you're so. But anyway, when I got up the other morning and I was really hot, I was like, shit, I have to take my temperature. And then I just watched, like with crossed eyes like a cartoon, watched the little readout cause it's like ticking up, and it stopped exactly at ninety eight point six, and it was like, wow, the hugest relief higher than normal, but still normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I was pretty disappointed when I went to buy a thermometer at the beginning of this thing and that those had been stockpiled just like toilet paper. Yeah, do you guys still have your toilet paper?
Speaker 1: I mine still hasn't run out yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I barely dented the stack.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I well, because I was I think I had like I had just run out when we bought that toilet paper. I find the toilet paper we bought, and I can't remember if we've talked about this already. It's very loosely connected to the cardboard role on the inside, which is uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that? It's like a Chinese toy yoga. It's like a paper thing and you used to swing it. If you put your fingers in the toilet paper roll and go like that, it will just fly. Yes, it's very loosely.
Speaker 1: Bound, which it doesn't matter, I guess, but I guess not. It doesn't impact anything important. But it's still not comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When I have my rules for toilet paper, which I've never written down, but I being tightly tightly wound is not has never been one.
Speaker 1: No, My Rules for toilet paper is one of my favorite rom coms of all time. My ten Rules for Hating toilet paper about you? But I just found did I tell you so? The day? It wasn't the day that I was I had the panic attack because it was so it was like two weeks later when I calmed it all down, So it was actually kind of recently. I went to Smart and Final and it was like eight in the morning, and they had thirty two packs of toilet paper stacked up, like three on each other, all the way down the paper aisle. It was like a beautiful it was a parade of toilet paper, and I grabbed one of those things so fast. I was just like, oh my god. So it's not there's not a shortage. It's just at certain places. I think if there's like too many people in the area, or if there's greedy people in the area, you won't be able to find it. But if you go early to certain stores, it's you know, they put it out in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only shortage was the amount of place as I was willing to search for it. I'd go to one place and be like, well, I guess it's all gone. Yeah, But then we found it while podcasting. That was great. That was such a wonderful moment.
Speaker 1: Oh, such a relief in such troubling times.
Speaker 3: And the rain isn't helping. It's like not that I had plans, but you really feel like in when also it's just pouring rain out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know the rain is helping me. It feels like it's one additional reason to stay inside, so it doesn't seem I feel like when it gets hot or sunny, then people are going to start feeling crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's no it is. Yeah, I felt that way. It was nice the other day and I started to get antsy. Yeah, I bet. And then amazingly, while it's raining at night, I still use the sounds of falling rain and thunderstorms to fall asleep too, So I'm doubling up. Oh good, the real things in the background, but I turn up the artificial rain because then I really get deep rem.
Speaker 1: When you're asleep for four days, what what happens?
Speaker 3: I have? It's that's the other me being a hypochondriac. I've been sleeping for at least ten hours a night. That's good, I guess. I don't know. It's not how you become successful. Well, I think it's how you.
Speaker 1: I think you can get off the hamster wheel for this pandemic. There's no one's becoming successful during this pandemic.
Speaker 3: And that's what is comforting to me. It's weird. I don't know if that's healthy. The race is at a standstill and it's comforting, I know, and I'm not making light of it that terrible things are happening and people are dying and I think about that all the time, but personally I'm dealing with this everything at a standstill. It's somehow comforting for me. Yeah, I guess I am competitive well, but also no one else is getting theirs, so it's okay that I'm.
Speaker 1: Not you know what I mean, Yes, yes, it's not. First of all, you moved to Los Angeles to compete, because that's what all show business is, so that's having competitive feelings is completely normal and healthy. And then something like this, like I'll be honest, you know, Stephen has has been there for the day to day of the complete insanity of my working life for the past four years, where it truly is just one goddamn thing after another every day, all day, every day of the week, and all this there, all these ideas are said. With what you just said, this is one of the scariest things I've ever seen, and it's one of the most horrifying things that's happened to America ever, especially with these people who won't listen and won't fucking just stay inside and shut their mouths and stop acting like they know everything that It's like other people are just as scary or whatever. But just the idea that people are dropping dead, young people, you know, people who are trying to help whatever all horrifying. But the idea of something happening where everything stops is so comforting to me and brings me relief on levels that I'm just discovering every single day because I keep normal. And four years straight, I've had this list of like I have to take care of this thing, I have to give this answer, I have to figure out this problem, I have to solve this problem, like and the list is fifty items long. I don't have a list anymore. So, Like, something came up the other day and I was talking to one of my agents about it, and I was just like, I'd be mad except for that nothing matters. So I'm not even slightly bothered by this because what is any of what are any of us supposed to do? Like, what is anyone supposed to do in a scenario like this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like it is comforting almost. I have books right there. I haven't cracked one of them.
Speaker 1: I wonder why you turned and dramatically stared off into the.
Speaker 3: Distance so many pages.
Speaker 1: It was like, I guess I should be reading more.
Speaker 3: But everyone dramatic stare. I'm impressed, and I, first of all, I'm it's reassuring that I'm I feel pretty happy, I'm on and everything. But I've been having fun and I didn't know. If someone said, hey, you have to lock yourself in your house for an undetermined amount of time, I would think i'd go crazy, and I'm not no going crazy, no, no, And if someone told me you're going to go crazy, I'd be like, ah, you're probably right, but I'm not. I'm kind of laughing and having fun. Right, So then I think I'm crazy because it's like, wait, do I not need people of nurse? I do?
Speaker 1: Well, you kind of don't go because you're a stand up comic, and we're the kind of people that early on we're like, oh, other people aren't all that reliable and hurt my feelings. I'm going to do this by myself. So we kind of are in a unique advantage position of having practiced this lots for a lot of our lives. I don't feel very dependent on although I have to say my friends and I did house party that app where everyone, oh my god, I've been doing We were like, we were laughing and it was just we were playing like a pictionary kind of drawing guessing game. I was laughing like it was my eighth birthday. I was like, oh, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. So I mean I need people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been doing that with my up to twelve people childhood friends, and afterwards I'm high for hours. It's like, Okay, I do need human interaction, and I'm more focused on it now and talking to my family more than ever. Of course, I think a lot of people are that way. You're trying to connect with people well, and it's a kind of going into it still.
Speaker 1: Well, it's embarrassing to need people, yeah, but I mean it's like, but everyone's in the same position. So you know, like I have a group of friends and we do game night like once a month, and we decided to do a game night on house party, which at first I was like, this is dorky and lame and embarrassing, and then the second it started, it was the funniest, most like helpful, you know, kind of enriching in a way experience that I would like. When we were all done, I was just like, oh, yeah, that's maybe I'm too good at being by myself. Because now that everyone's like call me, text me, like let's all reach out, it's like, oh, yeah, that's right, you're supposed to You're supposed to do this and let it make you feel better.
Speaker 3: I'm the same way. I'm hesitant to do it, but every time I'm glad I did. Yeah, it's been nice.
Speaker 1: I also sometimes will just call someone on the phone in the morning where I'm like, I don't care, I'm just gonna like if. My friend Elson, very early on texted me and it was like like the second morning of the quarantine texted me, like and I hadn't seen her in a while because we used to work on a show together, and she texted me and I just called her back because I was like, why are you texting me? You might as well just call me, Like what totally, what's the point.
Speaker 3: I've been scared to talk on the phone for years. I really don't talk on the phone much, and I've been really enjoying it so hopefully when this is all over, Yeah, I'll be cleaner. I don't think that's gonna shake. You'll have more doile pH, and I'm going to start calling people more from when things are normal. That's my resolution. Good, that's good by midyear resolution.
Speaker 1: It's good for you in ways like I should say for me, it's good for me in ways that I don't normally value, but I'm being forced to value because there's nothing else. So it's like, yes, I can watch another series on Netflix right now, or I can, you know, call this person that I like.
Speaker 3: My TV party has been so fulfilling. I've really been enjoying it.
Speaker 1: What's your TV party?
Speaker 3: Oh? Just how many movies and series I'm cramming? Oh yeah, yeah, what you go thinking of them at all times because I've been watching something.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at those books. They're not going to help you.
Speaker 3: No, I'm looking at what I'm watching now. I mean, when else would I watch the movie Dodgeball. Oh that is riddled with offensive jokes, but I'm just watching it like to pick up on the mistakes they made. Becoming It's like, yes, you can't say that. Even in two thousand and three, when this was made. I'm watching a lot of bad stuff on purpose and enjoying it, stuff I didn't have time for in the past.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what movie my sister would recommend if she was here with us right now, which she never would be. But she loves the movie euro Trip. Have you ever watched that movie?
Speaker 3: No, it's like a national lampoon's euro Tip.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think it's a no. It's not a no no no, not the not that that's European vacation. Eurotrip is like a way. It's like a fifth generation away American pie from the producers of kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and right.
Speaker 1: My sister's told me so many times, please just watch it. It's really funny, and I'm just like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: So I might watch it.
Speaker 1: You just reminded me.
Speaker 3: Right when we're done, I'll watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, you watch and I'll watch it and we'll decide how crazy my sister.
Speaker 3: Is when I go. Because there are some restaurants in my area that you can call them and then go pick up food or they slide it, kick it over to you write it up. I'm worried for them because anyone could be robbed. There's no employees. I feel like crime isn't happening. Are you keeping track of that since you have a murder podcast.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to ask me if I'm doing crimes. I'm doing less crimes than normal.
Speaker 3: Not how many do you knock over the same amount of stores that you used to?
Speaker 1: I just lightly shoplift.
Speaker 3: I feel like even murderers are like, yeah, normally i'd be outstabbing people, but you know, quarantine. Everyone's following the rules they are. I feel like as a result, bad things aren't happening, not just environmentally, but even bad people are even like the people in my neighborhood that have mental issues and don't have anywhere to live, which always makes me sad. They're wearing masks as a screen. Yes, yes, at fire height.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to stay alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and for some reason that is comforting to me. Yeah, you're not. It's not showcased, ever, everyone does want to be alive.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: Everyone has criminals are staying at home. Maybe I'll just find myself this week. I don't need to kill anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I don't know. Maybe I maybe my serial killing ways need to end. And I need to start writing the Great American novel.
Speaker 3: Even as a kid. Yeah, they're picking up that trombone.
Speaker 1: Doing those war colors.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I think I'm into murder, just like in my own way, I've always been. I always thought about murderers going to a store and trying on shoes and walking around and having someone to pinch and see where the toe is. But later on they're going to be doing heinous things. Yeah, they're doing a normal I always thought about that when I was a kid. Murderers buying shoes and trying them on.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing like a person, Well right, the when they wear a perfect mask, a perfect skies of being normal, and then like what and then they're then they start doing their thing and all of a sudden they're just like the devil incarnate. That's what's fascinating about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's companies of killers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does it bring you great comfort?
Speaker 3: It does? It is? Yeah, I don't I think my point was weird, but I did always wonder what because you would You don't have a lot in common with those types of people, except everyone goes and buys shoes. I guess that's what I'm saying true, true, and everyone's worried about masks right.
Speaker 1: In in a pandemic, everyone wants to stay alive because even if you're a total psychopath and you're completely disconnected from all feeling and whatever, you still want to continue to live. So it's self interest that which is what the ironic part of those people who I watched a video today, which is what makes me mad. Somebody retweeted on Twitter of like these people like they had a small group of protesters trying to get like a kind of like a walking parade going. I think it was in Seattle or somewhere like that, and the person talking was just like, we're not going to let the government tell us what to do, Like they thought they were so fucking smart. And it's like, how come you how come you don't aren't so scared to die that this is what you're doing? How is this possible?
Speaker 3: Or you just don't don't believe that they that think it's a paranoia and fake news and everything that that it's that bad, that the numbers aren't real, they're just ignoring or the not watching that news. I always wonder what people are thinking they aren't watching the same news yeah, true, or they're not watching any I guess.
Speaker 1: Right, they're just they just got kind of like the general idea of say say fuck you to the man and the lib lib tards can't keep you at home or whatever weird thing where it's just like and in two weeks we're in here about you being dead, Like this is the way to keep.
Speaker 3: Saying any proof. I haven't heard any proof on my ham radio. Look, that's all they're they're just not watching.
Speaker 1: Or in my uh my newsletter.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, pamphlets. Oh, I have so many pamphlets to go through.
Speaker 1: Oh, wipe them all down first, please.
Speaker 3: Oh I oh, I have been I when I do get groceries, even when hand delivered, I've been springing them with bleach. I've really done a good job. Could be so proud of me. Bleach just on the packaging, right right, okay, just a mist of watery bleach?
Speaker 1: Oh good, okay, all right, that's yeah, I'm thinking not straight up not okay, good good.
Speaker 3: I'm hardly ingesting and just trace amounts.
Speaker 1: Of bleach, hardly at all.
Speaker 3: This was every time someone's in one of these zoom things. Did you watch Saturday Night Live to it for some reason was very really good to me. For that same reason, they're in the same position as us. All of the sketches were them writing an idea cast member and performing it in their living room with no laughs, so it just becomes a video that you're watching. And they did a lot of zoom and skype meeting type sketches, and I laughed through the whole thing. I also cry constantly, So I'm an easy I'm an easy target. But they did a really good job, I think, And I can't remember why I'm mentioning that.
Speaker 1: Just hooray for them to positive feelings, just like.
Speaker 3: I just enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: They yeah, we all got to see Tom Hanks's kitchen.
Speaker 3: That was cool. Yeah, yeah, so that that episode I enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I people retweet little pieces and that's I see things on Twitter and then go not for me. I support.
Speaker 3: I got on Hulu and committed to a whole episode, and I haven't watched Snell for a lot of years, and it made me laugh. You know, I had a reason that I brought that up. Okay, and it'll come to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see. It just made me think of your We just came full circle with the wigs where that was there was some clip that people were retweeting or at least a piece of it, and there was I just saw there were too many. There's too much wig work where I was just like it was like somebody in their normal shirt, but then like a kookie wig where I was like, this is I have a stomach ache immediately, this is every horrible audition I've ever been to is not for me.
Speaker 3: You're right, and I have that wig phobia myself. It's just but it turns out every once in a while it lets you know that someone's pretending to be a character. Sure, it's just an indicator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it reminds you you're not just watching someone like a pervert in their house like you, someone you somehow tapped in and hidden a camera inside.
Speaker 3: They're home home. There you are with that Philly accent again.
Speaker 1: All right, well.
Speaker 3: You've been listening. Do you need a ride? E yn r Hong Kong? Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be.
Speaker 2: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they turminal engage. We want to send you off inside. We want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 2: Malcorn?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need with Karen and Chris?
Speaker 1: Although Chris has so much more volume in his hair than me, I'm jealous.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Please record this, even recording. What a reveal, What a reveal,