Speaker 1: The league catches up with you.
Speaker 2: You try to adjust, and I think the same thing happens in musical careers as well. You want to push the envelope a little bit, you want to try try new things.
Speaker 3: All right, we're excited about this when Asher Roth music artists joining us right now on foul Territory. Of course you know him probably for years like me. When I was in college and the famous Isle of College song comes out, it was a big deal. But running now on tour coming up soon. We'll get into that in a moment. But Asher, we don't have many music artists and celebs on this show, not because we don't get asks, but we actually turned many down because they're not baseball fans and we're like, no, Asher Roth knows ball. So how you doing and give us the lowdown on your love for the game, dude.
Speaker 1: Respect. Good to see jents.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, Todd Frasier bro, like you were. You were the gamer for growing up in my little league. We came third place in the States that year, and Todd went on to be the man. He's Tom's River.
Speaker 1: I'm more so Pennsylvania. I got a lot of love for that.
Speaker 2: But those boys got so big by the time I got sixteen seventeen, and I just leaned into music. But just I've always looked. I agree with what AJ's saying. We still need rivalries, we still need that competition, a lot of level on the field. But you know, it's it's still a beautiful game.
Speaker 3: I love it all right, So give us your fandom right now. So you're a Giants fan, right, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, like what you're seeing right now?
Speaker 2: Of course, I mean coming off of the Gabe Kapler stuff. I mean, so I'm I'm Pennsylvania, So I actually raised around Philadelphia fans. My dad, Navy Bratt, grew up out west and so he actually raised me a San Francisco Giants fan. He basically was like, look, Willie Mays, that's the guy, right, And so I grew up and obviously got Barry Bonds, Jeff Kent, AJ, you know, we had AJ for a little bit. But yeah, so that Philadelphia fandom also gets into you. So I've taken it to that level. But also you get to see the coaching stuff too. So Gabe as a as a Phillies coach when he when he was hired as the Giants as the Giants coach. I wasn't thrilled about it then that I think it was a two thousand and one season, we had one hundred and seven wins or something. Everyone's like, oh okay, and that kind of fell apart. But Buster Posey obviously being the guy for our run and what would be kind of quote unquote dynasty. Seeing him step into the baseball operations role and seeing this early success has been a lot of fun. Some of the signings, Jung Hu Lee obviously having a hot start. It's just fun to watch, and it's clean Chris baseball, good pitching, good defense. It's fun to watch, whereas for a few years there wasn't.
Speaker 4: Heyah, sure I got her up. I gotta ask you this. You mentioned me playing for the Giants. Did you used to throw darts at this as a kid? A little bet? Bet they didn't love me too much, you know, so my little you know, they did retire my number. But I'm just saying Giants fans didn't love me as too much. So I don't know if you like through darks at it you got the dart board behind you or what, But listen, I love my time in San Francisco. I got to play with the greatest player of all time. How happy are you that Bus, one of the all time great giants also is now in charge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: I mean like a lot gets placed on experience, right, Like, especially when you get into leadership positions, you want people or people feel more comfortable when someone's done it before. But I think especially with such a rise in like data and analytics and coming out of the far far heid regime, it's nice to get buster posy and just guys who know ball and like the instinct.
Speaker 1: You see it a lot with managers too.
Speaker 2: They seem to be ex catchers, like people who just kind of see the field and and have that experience. Obviously brutes boshey, now we have Bob Melvin. So it's like it's really just nice to you what you perceive to be from the distance that I'm watching the game, is that, like it's vibes, man, These guys are having fun playing the game. And you look at all the money pouring into sports, and you look at the contracts. Some of you guys were talking earlier about about some of the deals that some of these guys can get with with the the globalization of the sport, but it's nice to just kind of watch a baseball team that seems that they're enjoying each other and enjoying the game. I think Matt Chapman's been really great for that team. He sees teams and feels like a giant. Sometimes these guys come to become part of a franchise and they don't really necessarily feel the part. Matt Chapman fits the role pretty well. I think the Adamas signing has been really great for them as well. Again, just from like a vibe leadership standpoint, and it's nice to see it pay off in the early going.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this question as a monster baseball fan. I know you're a Giants fan. Is there something as a fan that you've thought about over the years that something in baseball you'd like to see change. I know we made a lot of changes with you know, some rules, you know, picking up the pace, you know, with the pickoffs, you know, no running over catchers, no sliding in. Is there anything as a fan that you know you've seen and like, man, I wish they could change that or you'd like to see this happening in baseball?
Speaker 2: Dude, great question. Honestly, I think I've been pretty happy about the rule changes, getting people running again and all that, a little safety with with the with the slides. But my biggest contention really is what we did change, and I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, but just the universal d H. I think it took a lot of strategy out of the game. And then they're talking about balls and strikes. I'm sure you've talked about this a lot aj with you and just like taking away the the art of catching as well with the automated strike zone. So I'm I'm kind of a purist in a lot of ways of just like leave the game alone. I know the torpedo bats have been a hot topic. They've been in the game for a few years now, and so like that's a fun little adjustment. Everybody loves offense. But I'm you know, I'm I'm of the of the ilk of Hey, a one nothing game is actually a pretty a pretty damn good baseball game. So I'm actually I'm I'm pumping the brakes a little bit on the changes. I'm happy with some of the stuff that that they've made just to get people running. I think that's fun. Put a little bit more pressure on on defenses. But yeah, I would be interested to see here how how you guys feel about the universal DH and taking the strategy away from the NL. I thought it was kind of fun to see what you would have to do around the six or seven and a pitcher pitching.
Speaker 4: Well, I love it because you know why, it was faster games. It was faster games you had to think way more of than American League. Now baseball is my best nine against your best nine, and we'll see what happens. But it was great when you had to, oh, the eight whole hitters up? Is he gonna bun? Or what are we gonna do? Are they gonna pinch hit for? There was so much more strategy. I thought it was a better game. But plus it was like an hour faster game. So I'm all for the pitch clock and making the games faster and faster and faster. I just gotta know, though, where are you right now? Because like you're about to go on tour, can we at least get like ceiling toiles. I'm in Florida. We don't have a basement, but like, what what is happening with wherever you are?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Did someone did mom lock you in the basement for this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, the wife did.
Speaker 2: Man. Honestly, it's funny because when when you're rapping, and you know, we were talking about I've been wrapping now for uh what seventeen years, came out eight and you know, you get banished to the basement often.
Speaker 1: We just gave breath to our two year old too.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, not obviously it's been two years now, but so she gets president over over a lot of the rooms, and so I've had to move all of the recording equipment and stuff to the basement. I appreciated the acknowledgment though, but yeah, this is actually kind of like it down here.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Ftfam. If you love ripping packs of cards, there is a modern way to do that now on Arena Club with their slab packs and crats. I know you love ripping slab packs and getting that sweet card that you've always been looking for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you don't have to go through all the other ones, all the crats cards that are in there. Bang, you just get the big one, the one that you're just peeking right around the corner when you open that pack, the one you expect to get.
Speaker 3: Also, Arena Club will make you an instant offer for your card based on its market value. You'll get an instant offer of ninety percent of the estimated value, so you can accept it on the spot, simple, fast and risk free. Use that cash to buy more slab packs and you can get your cards officially graded by Arena Club. So go check it out right now. FTFAM. You can get twenty percent off your first slab pack or card purchase by going to Arena Club dot com slash foul and then use the code foul. That's Arena Club dot com slash foul code foul for twenty percent off if your first purchase get after an ft FAM. Also, I mean Asher, you became, you know, super famous years back for the I Love College song. I mean we were texting in our chat as we're talking to you, like we can picture solo cubs everywhere on the floor around you right now, Like looks like a classic frat party basement right there, So we'll take it. And I wanted to actually ask you about that and how crazy it was back then when you burst onto the scene because also you have Rutgers University of Miami. It was big there when I was there. A j didn't go to college, So if you want to give them a little more detail on how big of a deal it was.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, it's I'm honestly pretty fortunate that I came up when we did because all the social media and stuff that's just capturing everything all the time, and so I think we came up at a perfect era where you could kind of still have fun, live your life and not worry about recording it. And so in ist of college, you know, the line is, I wish we taped it, And I think people can't even fathom that idea that it wasn't taped this day and age. But fortunate, man, we've been able to run around the country and even and even get overseas, even though they call it university over there. But it's just been it's been fun, and I think that's been something I'm really trying to, like, uh, keep in my life. And I think as you go through specifically from an artistic standpoint, and I know obviously it lends itself to sports as well, you'll you'll tinker with things and as as the league catches up with you, you try to adjust. And I think the same thing happens in musical careers as well. You want to push the envelope a little bit, you want to try try new things. Heurist in a lot of ways of just like leave the game alone. I know the torpedo bats have been a hot topic. They've been in the game for a few years now, and so like that's a fun little adjustment.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves offense.
Speaker 2: But I'm you know, I'm I'm of the of the ilk of Hey, a one nothing game is actually a pretty a pretty damn good baseball game. So I'm actually I'm I'm pumping the brakes a little bit on the changes. I'm happy with some of the stuff that that they've made just to get people running. I think that's fun, put a little bit more pressure on on defenses. But yeah, I would be interested to see here how you guys feel about the universal DH and taking the strategy away from the NL. I thought it was kind of fun to see what you'd have to do around the six or seven and a pitcher pitching.
Speaker 4: Well, I loved it because you know why, it was faster games. It was faster games. You had to think way more than American League. Now baseball is my best nine against your best nine, and we'll see what happens. But it was great when you had to, oh the eight whole hitters up? Is he gonna bun? Or what are we gonna do? Are they gonna pinch hit for? There was so much more strategy. I thought it was a better game. But plus it was like an hour faster game. So I'm all for the pitch clock and making the games faster and faster and faster. I just gotta know, though, where are you right now, because like you're about to go on tour, can we at least get like ceiling tiles? I'm in Florida. We don't know basement, but like, what what is happening with wherever you are?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Did someone did mom lock you in the basement for this time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, the wife did. Man.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's funny because when when you're rapping and you know, we were talking about I've been wrapping now for what seventeen years? Came out o way, and you know, you get banished to the basement.
Speaker 1: Often.
Speaker 2: We just gave birth to our two year old too, it's like, well not obviously it's been two years now, but so she gets president over a lot of the rooms and so I've had to move all of the recording equipment and stuff to the basement. I appreciate you the acknowledgment though, but yeah, this is actually kind of like it down here.
Speaker 3: You also, I mean, Asher, you became you know, super famous years back for the I Love College song. I mean, we were texting in our chat as we're talking to you, like, we can picture solo cubs everywhere on the floor around you right now, Like looks like a classic frat party basement right there. So we'll take it. And I wanted to actually ask you about that and how crazy it was back then when you burst onto the scene, because also you have Ruckers University of Miami. It was big there when I was there. A j didn't go to college, so if you want to give them a little more detail on how big of a deal it.
Speaker 2: Was, No, I mean, it's I'm honestly pretty fortunate that I came up when we did because all the social media and stuff that's just capturing every thing all the time, and so I think we came a at a perfect era where you could kind of still have fun, live your life and not worry about recording it. And so in out of college, you know, the line is I wish we taped it, and I think people can't even fathom that idea that it wasn't taped this day and age. But fortunate man, we've been able to run around the country and even get overseas, even though they call it university over there. But it's just been it's been fun, and I think that's been something I'm really trying to like keep in my life. And I think as you go through, specifically from an artistic standpoint, and I know obviously it lends itself to sports as well, you'll tinker with things and as the league catches up with you, you try to adjust. And I think the same thing happens in musical careers as well. You want to push the envelope a little bit, you want to try new things. And so obviously coming out having that college record being extremely relatable going through my career and getting to a point where just trying to reintroduce myself to an audience as you grow, and then getting to a point late thirties, you know, trying to bring that fun back. And I think that there's an element to growing up, specifically of getting older without losing that little kid in you. And I think that's why I'm so attracted to the game of baseball as well is because you know, you are playing a really a fun, beautiful sport that you know, little league. We're two blocks three blocks away from the little league field that I still go down to really special moment in my life as far as camaraderie, social intelligence, and all those things. And so there's so many parallels between just a growing up music career and as you have an elongated career in baseball as well. It's just adjustments, adaptation, and just not taking yourself or the game too seriously.
Speaker 4: All right, speaking of not taking yourself too seriously, your cassio is amazing and holding your microphone wires. So that's pretty sweet. I gotta give you credit for that. I gotta ask you this. Have you seen that you talked about social media and the things that's going on. Have you seen the white Rapper Mount Rushmore that's flying around social media right now? Have you seen that whole thing?
Speaker 1: I have, dude?
Speaker 4: Have I mean, what do you think? Give me some thoughts? I mean, Eminem's got to be on there. What about I mean the one guy I don't I had to figure out who these were, but the one guy next to Eminem looks like Jameson tay On. I don't know if you know who he is to be pitched for the Cubs. He looks just like this picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's tough, right because you want you kind of want to take it like, you know, oh, this is a genuine discussion, but it's for social media. You want people to get outraged about it. You want people to comment on it and say no doubt. But you know, I think, without a without a doubt in my mind, I'm on the mount rushmore of just rappers in general, you know. But uh that's just how that's just how I feel white rappers are not. But i'd probably be on the far far right.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not sure. I'm not sure who's up there.
Speaker 2: Probably closer to the bag, but uh, now, I think for the most part, that's just to get people chatting everybody you know that's up there. I think I think what you're talking about is russ I forget who else is up who they put up there. But yeah, I think that's just to get people chatting and saying, that's that's not my that's not my white rapper.
Speaker 1: And you know, I disagree with that. I disagree with that.
Speaker 4: Mount Rushmore, Okay, that's fair. I like the confidence though, I love the like. I feel like I should be on the Mount Rushmore San Francisco Giants fans. Unfortunately I made. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I've been at least Catchers, Buster what, Benito Santiago, Benji Molina and you.
Speaker 1: Let's just go with that off time. I mean, I like Kurt Man wearing, but like, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm no. I'm no Kurt Man wearing. Brian Johnson. What do you want me to start? Right? Hey? Do you when do you? Oh? I was gonna say when do you go on tour? Because you got a big tour coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're going out in May, hitting major cities up and down, so Philly, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Pittsburgh. We always try to catch a game when we're Pittsburgh. PNC is such a beautiful park, and yeah, Boston as well. So we'll be out I think the fourth of May in New York and then we'll run till the twentieth, and I think we'll probably try to catch a game in Cleveland to end.
Speaker 3: It nice there you go. Wait in New York. When you're in New York? Is their a game? Are you hitting a game that you know?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even check because we actually have some space in between. We're just kind of getting started. It's funny because like this, this tour is chronological. I mean, again, so many people know me just from the isle of college stuff that they've missed a big chunk of my career, and it's because I've kind of unplugged from the major major label stuff.
Speaker 1: Consciously.
Speaker 2: I just thought that what was pushing and how they were going about their business left a lot to be desired, right, And so I went on an independent route and been releasing music on my own for a really long time. And so there's a core audience there, but I think the general public and casual fans are kind of like, I haven't heard of this guy or where he's been been for a while. And so the show is kind of like theater in a lot of ways. I'll be talking and telling the story about why songs came, about why certain moves made, and give really insight into into my career as a whole over the last fifteen years. So it new York. We don't really get an opportunity like a comedian would to like get up or just like going somewhere unannounced. Because we play with a live band. There's a lot of production to it, so you New York were kind of using as like a dress rehearsal to say, Hey, make sure I'm not being too too chatty when I'm trying to get my point across. But I'm excited about it. I think we'll be hitting our stride by the time we get to Atlanta on the twelve.
Speaker 5: Now will you will you be hitting up a Yankee game. I think they got a little homestand when you're coming to New.
Speaker 1: York, well, look we got I'm as a Giants fan, we got we got.
Speaker 2: Phillies uh this this week, so I'll be there as far as New York, we'll see. I like the series that we're just coming out of though. That felt good, especially in the cold. Do we know who they're playing that week of May?
Speaker 3: I can tell you. So they've got on the fourth, they're finishing up a series because that's a Sunday with the Rays, that's a day game, and then the fifth they start a series against the Padres All night games.
Speaker 2: Okay, I might need to go there to scout, you know, and see what's going on. Padres playing well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Too, Sinkle de Mayo, Sinco de Mayo.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, one more for you, Yeah, I got some fashion tips.
Speaker 5: Last one for me the City connect jerseys for the Giants. Man, what'd you think of those jerseys? Have you seen them yet? And what do you think?
Speaker 1: It's funny because I was. I was watching the game when they debuted, and.
Speaker 2: Kruka and Kype were like, oh, these are good. They're into them. I really like the orange ones. I was actually trying to find an old like late late Night lamont uh orange because I thought that would just age well. These new ones there, I don't know, man, the City Connects don't really speak to me. Again, I think it's just like I'm a little bit more of a traditionalist with it. I like what they're going for though, like the Bill Graham Hay and Ashbery music and fillmore vibe, and like I know that they were mentioning that like the wave forms of the music.
Speaker 1: I think the idea is there. I love the new color.
Speaker 2: I like the purple involved, but as a whole I would still cast my vote for like the just the white and the orange fog.
Speaker 1: I thought they were they were fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought they were boring. You should go for the orioles. Well, you should go for the orioles all orange. You'd love those then. But I think we were winning.
Speaker 2: I think we won a bunch of games with those orange So they just had good they had good juju.
Speaker 4: Good true true. All right, So who's the biggest Giants fan and musicians? It's you? And then when we won in two thousand and five, we use Steve Perry and Journey their song Don't Stop Believing, And then the Giants stole it from us because Steve Perry was from the Bay Area. Now, I'm not sure Steve Perry knows as much about the Giants as you do. So who's a bigger Giants fan? You or Journey?
Speaker 1: Oh it's got to be me.
Speaker 2: I'm on the Mount Rushmore for right, white rappers and musicians Giant fans.
Speaker 3: That's one of one, right there, That is one of one.
Speaker 4: For sure? Yeah, for sure? If you got em and M. Wait, if the Giants played the Tigers, would you and M and M have like a bet on who would who's winning this? Or what? Like it wasn't twenty twelve the Tigers played the Giants, did you guys have a bet on who was gonna win? The Giants whooped them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I'll tell you a story though.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I actually really love how the Detroit Tigers are building their squads. I'm a Scott Harris fan as well, like how gms put their stuff together.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: When I played a show in New York actually just told this story online. I was wearing a Detroit Tigers hoodie and I had the worst show of my life.
Speaker 1: I absolutely bombed. I was just like nobody was connecting it.
Speaker 2: So I've sworn off all in any other any gear, specifically Detroit Tigers. So there's a real rivalry there for me, just for me specifically. I would love to see them again, hopefully hopefully this year. But we've got our work cutout for us against those Dodgers and pod.
Speaker 3: Here you go, yeah and Potre all right? Hey, Ashley, this was awesome man. You know, ball a lot of respect from people in the chat. Good luck on the tour too. Thanks for open by man. We appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jent, appreciate you guys. Man be well