Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today on Fallsweenia alongside Scarlett Bomorn't joined by Bloomberg's Christine. You know, Christine, what are you looking at today?
Speaker 1: Well, Paul, let's dig into Sempra, which is an energy infrastructure company. So Sumpra ticker sr dose shares are popping this morning. There are more than three percent at the moment, and that is because it's benefiting from news that it is agreeing to sell a forty five percent equity stake in its infrastructure arm to affiliates of KKR and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for a hefty ten billion dollars. So the idea is that the sale will help it achieve its goal of driving approximately ninety five percent of its earnings from a regulated US utilities. That deal is expected to close in the second or third quarter of twenty twenty six, and after that it will be a KKR led consortion that will become the majority owner of some for infrastructure partners.
Speaker 3: Right. No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: One of my other fun names is Boeing.
Speaker 2: Fun names Bowing.
Speaker 3: It's fun because I love aircraft and I just I've been waiting for Boeing to turn the corner. And I think they've clearly turned the corner if you look at the stock price, and they're benefiting from if you want to gratiate yourself to President Trump, buy a lot of our stuff. And if you want to rack up a big bill, a big deal, big headline, buy aircraft is they're expensive.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's happening with absolutely Paul, And that's exactly what's happening to do Boeing at the moments of those shares ticker BA up nearly three percent at the moment. And you know, we did get a couple of pieces of good news related to aircraft purchases. So one is the fact that it has secured an order from Uzbekistan Airways. There you go, so they have a deal for as many as twenty two seventy eight seven Dreamliner jets. And then at the same time it seems like we're getting some traction on a potential US China deal as well for purchases of Boeing aircraft. We did hear from US investador to China, David Producing that both countries are weeks away from finalizing negotiations on a quote huge Boeing order. So remember we reported previously that Boeing is working in a deg WI China to sell as many as five hundred aircraft. So that is a heftyal order. That is huge. So you started with an energy company, let's come full circle and end with the utility. Yeah, absolutely, Scarlett. So Vistra, which is a utility, as you mentioned, took her VSEC. So that's not doing so well this morning, shares down more than four percent because it did get downgraded at Jeffries Analysts. There are voicing concerns about the lack of an announcement for a data center deal for its Comanche Peak nuclear power plants in Texas, and so that's been cut to hold from buy and pross start get lowered to two thirty from two forty one previously. But you know what, let's put this perspective right. So Vistra shares one of the shares that have benefited from this energy demand, data center demand because of AI. This year, shares are of fifty three percent. They Serre two hundred and fifty eight twenty twenty four and sixty six percent in twenty twenty three. So it's a little bit of a pullback, but at the same time, it's at drop in a bucket considering how much it has risen in the.
Speaker 2: Last few years. This stock moover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.