Speaker 1: What is up?
Speaker 2: Mets fans, Welcome back to another episode of the Mets Stuff podcast series Loss against the Dodgers. What did you Expect It Today? That ends in Why the Mets Still Stink. We're not gonna go too deep into the games, like we're not gonna give you a full breakdown of Freddie Peralta's last start as New York Met. We will talk on on Sodo injury, We'll talk a little bit about McLain the big stuff. Of course, as always, we're gonna talk a lot about the trades as well. So if you like that stuff, makesure you are subscribed, because every single time there's a significant Mets trade, we will be covering on this channel as well as our podcast feed. So subscribe to YouTube for the video version and if you want to listen to us Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a rating, drops he review, download and subscribe. What's your favorite part of this weekend, James, Mine was Emmastone filming a movie at the stadium.
Speaker 1: I think so too. I think it was the realization of Emistone and I might have the same retro Mets ad which I think that was. Also. She's a Padres fan though, so like in a legitimate one too, But me Emmstone Ernie, we're hat triplets. I mean, it was just it's kind of a sleepy series. I got really mad about the Brett Baity era on Saturday. Ex take it mad. Yeah, I got really mad about that one because I just found that I claim was pitching well against a really good lie up. I felt like I kind of disrupted his rhythm. And the rest of the season is just about our guys, and I'm dying for the Snolan McLain Rookie the Year possible. But yeah, it's just it was just an annoying series. Like I the game on Friday was like, oh, we're just We're just not gonna win this. The whole time, he felt it was another team doing all of the little true baseball things right, moving runners over, taking extra bases, working better at bats, getting their sackflies that won them the game, and it was just like, this is just a better baseball team by far than we are. Yes, sleepy series.
Speaker 2: Do you buy into the rumor that Juan Soto actually got hurt filming the movie and that they wanted him to start the game and then they knew that they were gonna pull them because they didn't want the movie to be the reason why he got hurt.
Speaker 1: That can't be real.
Speaker 2: That's what people are trying to say on the internet, because this is what the New York Mets fan base has come to.
Speaker 1: I've been so off Twitter this weekend specifically, and I get I'm like, a good move. I'm trying to scroll less. I've been trying to tweet more, scroll less just to add to the chaos, but not deal with the aftermath of it. It's just it's really bad out there right now, even like, let's just get full jump around by Freddie perraulta first, because let's go with him.
Speaker 2: This was the Freddie Peralta encore as a Met. It was as bad as it's been the entire time. There was never really a moment of peace, despite the fact that his stuff. I think his fully stat back like he was getting swings and misses. The fastball was zippy. I think it has definitely would you watch this one, just he doesn't know where the ball is going, like this is more of.
Speaker 1: The old school Freddy Peralta, Like this is the Freddie Pelton we've come to know over his entire career. But fastball getting whiffs with good Ford in the nineties. Like, that's a guy. That's a guy I would trade an easy two top hundred prospects for if I had to.
Speaker 2: If I didn't see the entire prior ninety innings of his season, oh yeah, all day. Just if I saw miles per hour in whiffs, I'd be in. The problem is, I think nobody's just looking at those things.
Speaker 1: I actually think it's exactly what the FRED officers are looking at. Yeah, for sure, but it just I think the kind of I don't know, I think Freddy Perlt is going to be another one of these very divisive guys in the lore of the Mets, where if some other Freddie Perolt's name over the next few years, you'll hear horrible epithets being thrown around. Yeah, but like, I don't know, I kind of just genuinely feel bad for the guy. Especially his press conference after the game. I thought he was really really just authentic and really apologetic about how this whole thing has gone, how disappointed he's been in his own performance, and how he know he knew that he was brought here to do a job, he didn't do anything close to it. Just the quotu here that went on the s y metsic count on Twitter. I'm thankful and grateful to be part of this organization. So far, I let them down. I haven't done what I'm supposed to do, but I'm grateful to be here. While he was completely and honestly talking about that this was definitely gonna be his last start in Met uniform, Yeah, there's no way that he makes another start for the New York Mets.
Speaker 2: It definitely sucks. It's a guy that I will I will like hate. The performance of him as a player doesn't even come close to one of my most hated Mets of all time. Like, it doesn't even complose most hated Mets of the last twelve months now, not even close. But like, yeah, he completely shited the bed, completely shipped down. Is like this season basically couldn't have pitched worse for this team and is a big reason why the Mets have struggled as much they have. He's not the only reason why they're fifteen sixteen games under five hundred. Pretty sure as hell didn't help at all get that team even closer to it.
Speaker 1: It sucks. He seems like a really good guy.
Speaker 2: He always spoke to the to the press, which is something that a lot of times you will see these guys coming in they get a little bit sheltered or they avoid as much as possible. Freddy Prault to seem to not do that at all took a lot of accountability to These are all things that I wish I never had to say, because it sucks. I feel bad for Freddy Prawl to the person.
Speaker 1: He is a human.
Speaker 2: He definitely was trying, but at the end of the day, the reality of the situation was he was absolutely.
Speaker 1: Dreadful, literally one of the one of the worst pitchers in baseball. This went as bad as it possibly could have gone from the Mets perspective, I guess until we see what the trade winds up being, we can't fully say that. But I'll say again talking about this stuff, Hello, Braves, Yankees, Brewers, Rays, everyone wants to hear right in anybody. I don't care you get whoever, who, I'll send him whatever, wherever you give us the best prospect, give me, give me JoJo's I heartstrut. Please. But he's been trying, I think for months now, to try and distinguish separate between his slither which is now more sweepersh and his like tiler curveball. I think finally lest he starts has actually been able to do that. Those shapes have looked distinct. He's been able to mix them in different spots and truly get the glove side movement on that slider more so, and the heart down action on the curveball, and the fact again the fastball's ben Zippi. It was kind of lagging for a while. He missed tons of bass. Today he was getting tons of ugly swings out of his own. It just wound up being his command to the Dodgers being incredibly patient and kind of making him work harder than he had to. But he's this is still someone I'm going to continue to beat. This drum will demand a lot in trade package, and I think the second he's in a good situation with a winning team, I think he's probably gonna repoff a nice stretch. Yeah, he just seems like probably not a right fit here.
Speaker 2: I think I saw I saw a bunch of people tweeting out like the most insane things this weekend, and of course you had old Boob Nightingale doing his like whenever it's about the Mets. They're desperate, They're this, they're that, whatever the crazy wording that's going to be used. I will talk about the Curtis meeting Connelly early trade too because I got to talk about Buster Olne's tweeted about it. But also at the same time, like when you look at the pitching market and the guys who will definitely be available, obviously it starts and ends with Trek Scoogle. He is in a class of his own is completely different. Right now, we don't know if he's definitely availed, he's getting traded. I think he probably is, but they haven't. It seems like that's not firmly.
Speaker 1: Been or fair.
Speaker 2: Freddy Pralta is definitely getting traded, and of the other guys available is he's in that tier two. So like I think the Mets are going to get a borderline top one hundred prospect. They might even might even get a pretty comfortable top seventy five, maybe at the absolute ceiling, and then I think they're gonna look to get a second guy who's either a big helium guy but still on the outside looking in. They want good prospects. Freddy Praulta is going to fetch back a decent haul. That might be the best thing that Freddy Pralta ever does is New York met get us some pieces back.
Speaker 1: And if that's what he gets us, fine at the end of the day, if you can get something relatively close to the package that you gave up, and sprot and Jet right now, sprote Is tell a star that that's trying to work his way off the fringe, but the stuff's exciting. And Jets a prospect who's lost tons of helium in the last year. And you still have a chance to make something of Tobias Myers over the next like four years. So like there's still the way the arbitrage is. And make this not we won't have to look back upon this one of the worst trades in mess history. Just be a regular bad one. Yeah it We'll just I mean, there be a long list of the bad David Sterns trade. Some way, somehow, this one ends up being there. He's kind of trade for more unproven players.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I also think we Mark and I've been flirting with this idea for a while. They were waiting for after the trade deadline to do it, because man, this challenge is gonna be the Doldrums. Then we're gonna go through long video and we're gonna grade or at least review, every single move in the David Sterns era.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we go chronologically like from Tyrone Taylor and from Adrian House there. Yeah, and then we sever you know, and we go all the way to the trade deadline trades that we're going to see by next week.
Speaker 2: Do we start with the first move that David Stearns ever made, which was firing Buck Showalter.
Speaker 1: I'd be okay to start with that. Yeah, okay, cool, cool, cool, that's super cool with me. But again, that was another big thing in this series. I guess instead of talking game by game, let's just nail all the pitchers and then talk about the small stuff. Yeah. And then also like you guys don't care about it about the games, Yeah, bladles want to be as positive as I can for the first year. Short it's because it's hard to find any of that right now. Like Sean and I I think pitch quite well on Friday, Like that was the version of Sean and I think we hope to see in general, that's a version of Sean and I that I don't want to throw up with them paying him twenty one million dollars next year.
Speaker 2: I've got to did you see what the White Sox apparently are saying what that they would take They they're desperately wanting starting pitching. They don't want to move a top prospect, but they will eat the money. Do you think that there's ever a world you could like pawn off shanman I or do you want to keep them?
Speaker 1: I mean, I would definitely trade him if we could, just to clear things up, But I think Sean and I would then wind up having the highest single year aav in White Sox history. Yeah, I think I don't know if they're willing to take on that much money. I think that might have been like a Foster Griffin comment or something instead of Seawan M and I come three mil. I don't think they're trying to take on twenty mil next year for a guy that you still don't know. But no, if you split back to when Shawm and I started to look okay and pitching deeper into games, it was the middle of May May seventeenth. He's got three point seventy five RA over thirteen hours, and half of those being stars. All of those at least three four innings and again recently now it's been more like five or six. He and Gary and Ronnie were talking about this. I haven't seen him this confident in his fastball. I felt like in two.
Speaker 2: Years since twenty twenty four when he was confident in that fastball literally and like it doesn't sound like a big deal for most guys in the league before Shawn. It is where it was ninety one to ninety three basically the entire night until that last inning, and he was doing something that he used to do back then, which is what made shawmana is such a difficult at bat, where with that crazy release point and extension, he was really comfortable going inside to pitters from both sides of the plate. Yes, like the way he was able to work both sides. I was like, that is really good. And again he was confident that fastball.
Speaker 1: He used it sixty one percent in time the double his season average, Like it was a really that in itself was encouraging. Got a lot of help from Carson benj as well with the one hundred mile an hour throw a home. But that was another one where like if Shawm and I is sp three to four next year. I don't want to puke. No, I mean i'd prefer before. Yeah, i'd prefer four, but like months of him being good, yes, I would agree. I he's not pukeable right now. He's a major league pitcher. He's more than a major league pittcher. He'd be one of the best pitchers on this team. He is one of the best pictures on the seat. I mean again, awkwardly of four good pictures right now. Yeah, No, Christian's gotten Olan maclan don't tell some of the other people that we have some good pitching. We're oping you guys back and again McLain in that start on Saturday, great, Like I love the fact that I can still kind of get a little bit uiced up for McLean pitching against another one of the best pitchers in baseball, though another one of tho starts where I thought the curveball he had better feel forth even though some missed by a lot. And again he's gotten himself so comfortable and confident in that high fastball, which is a weapon. I wouldn't even say he came into the season with. I would say trying to use that pictures would blow him up in the world Baseball classic Yeah, a little bit, yeah, way back when. But like it was like, oh, I'm watching this version Nolan McLain. He still doesn't feel like it's all quite right, and he's still just so unbelievably effective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean got that right down to three point three. Like, this stuff looked really good.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for the Brett Bady error, it's a much cleaner line for him. But something happens to Brett Bady when he plays first base that I can't even believe it.
Speaker 1: He just malfunctions. That was such a bad play.
Speaker 2: It was It's like a nice play to actually get to the ball, be athletic, and then the throw it was just doink right off the helmet, not even give us a chance to get one out. The game moves fast for Brett Baty at times, and especially when he's playing these new positions, it looks like it's moving at a million miles an hour.
Speaker 1: When I watch Brett Baty play third base, like just looking at his boduy of movements to the way he can like grab a ground ball and make those throws from their base, I'm like, this guy has the tools to be like one of the best defensive first basement in baseball, purely based on tools. But when he puts on the new glove and stands on that side of the diamonds, he's a lost animal and it's terrible. And then also the media fire not the media, the Twitter firestorm. When it looked like Lindor could have watched that catch, people were so ready to completely blame him. Again, don't really get it, but whatever do you. It's gonna be how it goes. That's just it. But again, it felt like that kind of botch some of the momentum for McLay, especially when Alvarez has one of the worst pass balls I've ever seen right after that, as rumors around him continue to swirl as well, and again like just hard to get the chase. His misses were bad, but you watch Nolan McClain pitch, I'm just so confident that we're watching a guy who's going to be just such an absolute dude for a while.
Speaker 4: Big second half of the season coming up, there might be a hot ticket, a rivalry series, a sold out experience they need to get your hands on, and Sea Geek is the spot for that. You can find good, good pricing. They help you with the pricing. Green dot good, red dot not as good, and they help you with your view of the seat for some big matchups coming up in August, September and eventually leading up to playoffs.
Speaker 5: Why would you not use seekeek if you want a view from your seat. You want to know if it's a good seat, if it's a good deal. It has all of it on the app. It's easy to use. It's one click boom. You buy the tickets, they send them right to you, get them on the app, and then you can go check out whatever game whatever you're a fan of. If you can go to, whether it's baseball, whether it's concerts, whatever you're into, you can find a ticket and you can always try to find the green dot on seekik.
Speaker 4: And for MLB tickets you can get ten percent off with that promo cover running all season long, territory zero. That's territory ten off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: Also shoutout Daniel Dwarte dar and CNL Perez. If I think flashed lately, CNL Perez. I know the era is high, but they've got him up to like ninety nine right now from the left side, and he makes he forces some really ugly whiffs. Yes, does Yeah, I never want CNL Prez my number one lefty, but as a as a you know, be on the back end of this roster lefty guy, I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: As a pop up bullpenk guy. We're trying to leave this stretch with anything we can, you know, grab onto like he feels like one of them. Yeah, definitely, I mean a Tyrone tale il Be saying with Tyrone Taylor Leaves, I guess I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: But he's playing some He's playing like the best baseball he's probably ever played in his life and a big reason why he has made changes at the plate. He is swinging the bat significantly harder than he has previously, and what do you know, his quality of contact is way way up. He's playing inspired baseball.
Speaker 1: And the way that we're seeing any apps, any competent right handed hit there in any way seem like they're going to go for like starting pitcher prices on the market. It's a good sign that right now, you can sell Tyrone Taylor as a plus defender who has a better than league average bats Cleveland Guardians, Can I interest you in him? Oh, it's a Tyrone Taylor Louise Robert package to the Cleveland Guardians that could change both to game. I'm I'm thinking that we've been talking about this in a lot of the other videos and some of the Mets stuff we've talked about in the wind up as well, where.
Speaker 2: I really want the best to package these guys together just to try and.
Speaker 1: Get the most possible. I just want quality over quantity right now, and I think that might be not how some people feel about this, but I just want to get my hands on any prospects who are showing that they have the chance to be like kind of like rocket ship guys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're gonna probably package the outfielders, but I think that we're gonna see I think outfielders this is gonna be tough. I do think that we're gonna see this pitchers get packaged together, though, like I feel like it, it's impossible not to try and get whoever trades for Freddy praulta or Clay Holmes to be like, why don't you take Brooks Raylei aj Minterer two?
Speaker 1: Look, Luke Weaver right here, you don't want this? Yeah, like there there, there's gonna be packages made. But uh, it's been it's been good.
Speaker 2: Tyrone Taylor, though, is gonna go get us a real toolsy nineteen year.
Speaker 1: Old in the DSL. I'm open, I mean fingers crossed on that one. Also, it was kind of like a punch in the gut to watch Kyle Talker have a good series. Oh yeah, he woke up completely like I don't know what the opposite of of like Buyer's like buyer's remorse would be, but that's definitely how Kyle Talker must feel walking into City Field. If this was actually like a series consideration form any point in his free agency, he must be like, Wow, what a bullet I.
Speaker 2: Dodged, I mean dodged quite the bullet. Indeed, although maybe the season would.
Speaker 1: Look different, I don't know maybe, I mean, I don't butterfly effect. This was season from hell, through and through with a lot of these guys just sucking. Oh my god, did you.
Speaker 2: See all the conversation about aj ewing this weekend?
Speaker 1: Too? Again? I was a non a workout this weekend.
Speaker 2: A lot of people talking about how apparently scouts around the league have said that it's it's obvious that the grind has hit aj Ewing and Carson bench. This is how long the major league baseball season. It was like, they're playing good baseball.
Speaker 1: I don't really know where this is coming from. I mean, we mentioned that last episode because there was a bit of again, there was some people upset that for these next two weeks only because we have to showcase lose Robert for a trade and basically only for these next six days, yeah, that those guys would get regular off days, And we were like, I think that's good because again, I don't think people realize that the minor league season is like fifty games short than the major league seasons long season for these guys. We saw Francisco Alvarez hit that wall figures going his first season.
Speaker 2: And they have guaranteed off days every single week in the minor League's really Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like a Monday or Thursday, no matter what. I think, it's like.
Speaker 2: Six games on, six games off, or I mean six games on one game off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then six again. Yeah, So again makes sense for these guys to get a day, and we have to mention the fact that Wan so those injured, it looks like one to two months, fine, whatever, let them be the year. Good news looks like Mike Talkman's back soon, so oh, thank god, we're gonna we're gonna plug that hole up real quick. After that, his lineup, it's sad with Oh, it's a sad I don't know how many more times throughout the year we're gonna score eight runs without Wan Soto win this lineup, especially because the number I think Boba shed has one extra base hit in the month of July, which just can't.
Speaker 2: I heard something I don't remember if it was when Gary was doing the game or if it was when we got to hear Joe Davis, thank God, talking about how Bobashett was like, I need to get back to be an rhythmic hitter, and I was like, I think you need to get back to swinging at strikes because against yeah, it was against Rochi, I was like, Roki's like, oh, I'm just gonna throw you the splitter a hundred times.
Speaker 1: I'll say this about Roki. Watching that star had me really buying back in on Roki. Yeah, it's a rollercoaster with him. He looked good.
Speaker 2: He looked great in this start without doubt, and he's throwing harder. I do wonder how long it lasts. And one of the big things that was scary about Roki when he came over from Japan, all the Japanese fans were talking about that elbows hanging on by a thread. I'm worried how long this velo can actually without the significant injury risk. But this start unlike the last start, like it was better velo, but wasn't like the start last Friday against the Yankees, where it was like, I'm gonna throw more one hundred miles ourt of pitches than I have in my major league career at this point. Yeah, I've never seen Rokie nail spots with the fastball and the slide. They're consistently like he did like that, and then when he's nailing those spots, that's splither and again this is.
Speaker 1: Kind of called ankle problem. When he's nailing the spots to that fast stuff, and then you could drop the splither off and you actually have to be prepared for him to hit a spot. It's like, oh, I have no chance right now that it's got a big glove. Yeah, you got like like fifteen whips on that splitter. It was crazy. He was absolutely dominant. I didn't have a chance. I loved him. Gary and Ron talking about him too, because again, similar to most Mets fans, they take in so much more Mets baseball than other baseball. Ron definitely bit more because he does more national games. So they were talking all about Rokie's accolades, like the fact that he got he retired fifty six consecutive batters. He's twenty years old in the MPB. He's a freak. Like that's like you hear that, You're like, oh my god, yeah I do this guy actually is still a phenom. But think worse. Yeah, the first year and a half is kind dulled to shine. But you watch that, You're like, this is is potentially he is insane. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you got people like me calling him soft because he cries. All yeah, but like, I mean, that's a take I'm gonna have no matter what, that's not gonna stop. If you cry as an adult on the baseball field like that and your name's not Wilmer Flores, you're soft two.
Speaker 1: Whether twenty two is an adult, I don't know if twenty two is an adult. I was hanging out my cousins today. I don't think twenty two is an adult. Twenty two year old is a stupid adult. But they could drink their adult true, that's true. Drink you could drink, and separately you can drive, play lottery to all that stuff separately, separately, separately and very important word there, But I think again, it's basically it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what else would I like to talk about from this series? I mean, Francisco Avres continues to be great at the plate. Defensively he's a complete disaster, but offensively he looks phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Still.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel. Baseball fans think you know who's hitting a homer today, Well, FanDuel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose in a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play daily dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball twenty one plus Select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC, Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler call one eight hundred, my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, Visit MD gamble help dot org. Maryland Visit Gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred and three to two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and Why text hope and Why. New York call one eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 1: So let's do those transition now, talking more about the trademark. Cool, we got a really good indication about how things look right now, just in a sense, maybe or maybe not because Craig is a mad man. But on Saturday night, if you guys are sickles like Mark and I, you couldn't stop thinking about Curtis meet for Connolly Early. I think it's one of the most fascinating, like like trades to seek out value in the market that currently exists in like the last few years, and thinking about what CURTI me gott in five and a half years of control of a left handed starting pitchrew I think has monster potential Connolly Early. It does make me think about how value positionless right handed hitler who can mash could be on this market. Oh, I'll never I think.
Speaker 2: The first thing I texted you is I'll never forgive Mark Viento's for completely shitting a fucking brick.
Speaker 1: I know he's not gonna play. He could never play second base.
Speaker 2: He could barely play the position that he's been playing his entire life.
Speaker 1: You see Mark Fianto's second base. Yeah, Mark Vianto's if he plays second base. I'm like, they'd be like playing with seven defense.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying no that I'm like using that as like my argument of like, I understand it's not one to one Curtis met and Mark Viento's comp but the idea is there's a lot of similarities in that Curtis Mead is an optionless guy who really doesn't play the field well almost anywhere. They're gonna play him at second base. I think you said he fielded eight ground balls at that position this year for zero oaa.
Speaker 1: He might be complete dog shit there. It's a good chance. Well, that's why I was transitioning to this conversation in talking about Francisco Alvarez, where I think Francisco Alvarez is probably a slightly better catcher than Curtis Meat will be a second baseman, yeah, probably right. And Francisco Alvarez is a right handed bat that could mash. I think we've we have an over index because having a left handed bat is pure cheat code. I think so many teams are so lefty heavy, and we've seen the Mets to this the last few years, where a tough left he comes on the manager like, ah, shit, we can't, we can't hit this guy. Like the Yankee talk about it all the time, how they need right handed bats. So anybody have Rob Refsneider, where's he lying around? But it's to see a rite a flawed right handed hither again, like you said, with no options, who's had half of a good season at the big league level, who's twenty five years old, who was once a really highly taed prospect, was DFA twice in the last calendar year. Yeah, picked up by his current team in like March, I think, or April, like the first week of April. It does make me think about how absolutely insane a return for Francisco Overres could possibly be.
Speaker 2: Oh, it would be absurd, And I think that's why teams, I ultimately think that's why he's not going to be traded. And I think that's why whoever wanted that to be floated out there was like, well see.
Speaker 1: Let's see what comes knocking.
Speaker 2: Let's try and find out what this market is going to look like, because, like you said, if Curtis Meat is going to command Connelly early back, who I think, coming into the season was like one of the most exciting left handed pitching prospects in baseball. I know, I don't know if he's still technically had the prospect shine, but I'm calling him that.
Speaker 1: Start Game three of the Red Sox, at least the last Red Sox elimination game.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying, like prospect shine, like if he's technically if he was technically classified as one, but like it's not like he's pitched bad this year.
Speaker 1: He had the injury.
Speaker 2: I think that's pretty much the one smudge that you'd put on his resume right now. But otherwise he was one of the most exciting left handed pitchers young in baseball, and he did just get moved for a a right handed power bat that is still relatively unproven. I know a lot of things under the hood have looked good this year, great, but I mean, Curtis Meade up until June wasn't playing every single day, So like it's crazy. I feel like the Red Sox overpaid. But maybe that's what the market is. And I'll tell you what if that is what the market's gonna look like for this deadline, it is a great time to be a seller.
Speaker 1: And that's why, again, why I'm trying to position this specifically about Alvarez, because something could come to your desk where it's just too good to turn down. I think that's why they put that out there. Yeah, I think that's why. Also that press conference for David Stearns on Friday that you continue to, you know, smirks and smug markings. I was tagging a lot of a couple of videos about so you guys, you see the smirk here? You guys said you missed the smirk?
Speaker 2: What is it about the smirking that gets people? So I feel like Jerry Seinfeld there, what is it about the smirk?
Speaker 1: The one that I was tagged in a bunch was the one where someone was like, you could you have to grieve the season? He's like, I'm too busy to grieve, man. I saw people.
Speaker 2: I think it was just laughing. I think it was Braziller. Is that the guy's name. I think he asked him that question.
Speaker 1: Like do you grieve? He started laughing. Look at him laughing, and I'm like, that's a fucking insane question. If we can't understand the absurdity of asking the president baseball operations of the Mets if he's grieving having to trade some of the guys. What the fuck are we talking about? If you have like a really thick long Island accent and you try to say the animal gorilla and then Zach Braziller, that's that's a rhyme Coller, Yeah, Zila. But it's just I think I think you just wear the spot where it's fine. Fans have their opinions, it's not going to change. Yeah, one hundred percent. And this team is absolute dogshit. We have to contracts on the roster. Underwater. There's a good tweet from a Noah Danglar. I saw it. Yeah, yeah, it was. I want to read that right now. No one's doing good. No it just made a really cool tool called ephis and why you're right now doing sabermetrics. Cool dude, I've been yeah, yeah, happen with him. But whereas I want to see this one about how much war the mess have gone for the crew of players. It's zero point eight yeah, and all of them are under contract next year. Here's this bo Bob Bachette, Horiy Bolanco, Marcus Simeon, Sean and i At Devin Williams CA Sanga have produced accumulative zero point eight war this season. So far the Mets have. The Mets plaid the total of one hundred and forty two million dollars for this group of six players, and all of them are under contract next year.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's absolutely absurd. How unvaluable all these guys have been.
Speaker 1: This is again it's a shocking. Who's accumulating all the war on the Mets? Yeah? Who's actually getting the war? There? We're not a cue between that crew?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do we get to point eight? Because I think Bobachet's like right around zero, is he not?
Speaker 1: And Blanco it has to be around zero semi, he's got to be a negative and that's the worst in baseball. That's definitely a lot of minaia at Devin Williams. Let's see.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's using fangrafts or not for the for the war on that one?
Speaker 1: Do we know?
Speaker 2: I would assume this is a fangrass boy. Okay, so that would make sense because I'm fangraft wore. Bobochet's got one the negatives. Now now we're we're in the ye. I can see the vision because on Baseball Reference, I'm like, I don't know how.
Speaker 1: We get there? No, not at all, especially because like reference like strikeouts get out of town. Anyway you slice it, it's an absolute disaster. No, this is I think this is going to be an exciting thing. Is not the word. It's gonna be very what the Red Sox they want Bobachett. I mean maybe fu fucked, but they would have to guarantee that you don't sign that contract to opt out, just that you're gonna opt out. It's like an you take an opt out at gunpoint.
Speaker 2: God, bobas sheet, God damn it, dude, in a bad season, you couldn't even be good enough to be traded.
Speaker 1: No, I really just wish he could hit better. It doesn't make any sense. He's got again on the hits. We've got bobichet defensive specialists on this team. Doesn't make any sense. No, it's it's honestly a sick fucking joke that it really is one of the most five years. Yeah, the glove's perfect. It's exactly what they need to beef to actually make that contract not feel underwater. If you've got average Boba shed production at the plate.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like I mean, god, Mark Fientos, if you hit for anything, you would have been traded for something valuable.
Speaker 1: It seems like, which is insane to say, how loud. Interestingly coming up, though, I think the Mets are gonna make some of the first trades that actually go down this week. I think we're gonna be highly involved in like every single conversation. It's the sellers are have all the power right now. It seems like it's this is going to be a fun Okay, fund's the wrong word. Yeah, Fund's not the wrong word. Get an interesting word. Interesting week for the Mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking at the standings right now, just talking Bigger Baseball about teams that are probably gonna be firm sellers. I think the Marlins are gonna be sellers right now, considering they can't win a baseball game for their life.
Speaker 1: It's the shame.
Speaker 2: Mets are obviously gonna sell. The Reds are going to sell even though they're only five games out, but they're gonna sell. I think don't have much to sell. Yeah, it's a bad team. I don't think the Cardinals are gonna sell no way. Giants will sell anything they possibly can, Rockies will sell anything they possibly can. Mets have better players than those teams, so, like Luis arrives as the one trump card over any of the guys that Mets really have right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a Rise isn't gonna go for a lot. He's a rental and I still think a lot of teams won't super buy into the defensive resurgence. We'll see who.
Speaker 2: Trades for him, and that will kind of tell us if they think the defense is real or not. Yeah, Blue Jays are probably selling Blue Jess. Gosman is the foil to bar Alta on the mast, but he's similarly pitching horribly for two straight months now. And it's different of Freddy's all stuff, no command, and Gosman's got no stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's command to a Gosman because it just as a two pitch guy. When he loses that fastball, then he can't there. Titters aren't chasing the split and they needs to come back in the zone with the fastball. It's not a great fastball, and that's how that's gonna go. But he also can cost you three times as much dollars as a team for the rest of the season. So that's how Freddy continues to again, like we keep trying to harp on come back and be a significant piece of this deadline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Angels, they suck like their guys are all controllable. They're gonna ask for a ton the a's. I don't really know who they are gonna trade. We we had this conversation on the Lindup where like, they have no pitching, that's who you would move. You're not moving any of the hitters.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, at least I mean Jeff McNeil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Jeff McNeil. Did you see Tyrone Taylor's living in Jeff mc neil's house. That's really cool that Tyrone was talking about how this is the first season that he's had his family live with him in New York uh during the year, and they're renting out Jeff McNeil's house in Long Island.
Speaker 1: That's really sick. Now, now I'm actually said he's gonna get traded. Now I feel bad. I feel really bad. That's kind of what happens is this season. It's a gotta agree you guys, Yeah, gotta agree if you are the season. And also you gotta give yourself a little bit of credit.
Speaker 2: Who said that Mark Fiantos a little bit of props? Was that what it was gonta give myself a little a little props.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a Shane. He's gonna play so much more in the second half. That's gonna be depressing to watch. He's gonna get hot too, by the way, Yeah, great buyas backing for next to him baby. But just a couple more things to talk about. One, happy for Carlos Beltron Hall of Famer METS hat in the Hall of Fame. I like that we wore the cool hats on Saturday. Yeah, the black house with the blue brims. That was a classic Mets hat. I feel like we had way more drip in the two thousands, oh so much more drip.
Speaker 2: But this is also the to get into a jersey talk here a little bit something I'm passionate about and fanatics coming over and taking over her majestic and now like there's like stupid rules about the amount of jerseys that you can have. Remember when the black jersey first got rolled out, they could only wear them like six times during the season. I don't know why as a league that is claiming there's such a lack of revenue coming in that we might have a lockout and have to put in a salary cap to make sure everyone's making money. I've got a really really easy way, more merchandise. The NBA sells a billion jerseys. Do it make more? Who's complaining? Seriously?
Speaker 1: I checked the other day if Fanatics had gone back in stock of Landry Shamba jerseys and they still had you still since the NBA finals. If you want to get me a niche issue right here, But guy, I gotsawn a four year deal that I wanted Shamba jersey. You have to accustom jersey right now on Fanatics again, it's absolutely ridiculous. But out the sports.
Speaker 2: I tried to buy Adulton Varshow jersey last year during the playoffs because I did like giveaway of it, and I had to wait until I believe, like April fifteenth this year to get it to the guy.
Speaker 1: What couldn't even order custom ones. It was app absolutely insane, Like they've absolutely fucked it big time. I there should be more jerseys like the black Mets jersey where it says New York across the front as opposed to Mets. That's awesome. Also, I don't know who dictated the rule this weekend that these teams who had players going into the Hall of Fame or just teams in general. Every team was wearing it. They were wearing mismatched hats and jerseys, Like why were the Diamondbacks wearing their cool purple hat and their awful maroon gray jerseys?
Speaker 2: Why would we not do an entire Cooperstown like collection that weekend? Like everybody wears a Cooperstown jersey for the weekend. And guess what, you could sell a million of them. You got idiots like me, We're gonna buy them all up.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. We want to buy these things. That's the most annoying part about what's happened to take my money sports merchandising, Like the San Diego Padres two from Enos Aires. He's like, someone should have vi tho this hat in Unicombo. It was insane. It's the Navy San Diego hat that they wore like ten ish years ago, and then a brown and yellow jersey. Why are you wearing this?
Speaker 2: A lot of people really don't do think and it seems like at times, and what should be truthfully one of the easiest decisions, wear more jerseys, nice things again, We'll buy them.
Speaker 1: We want to buy some sports where I got a cool, Mike Piazza, retro batting practice, Mitchell and next Jery is this week. So I've got a mester is in a long time. Yeah, it's like the orange one. Yeah with the blue fringe. Great sick jersey again cool. I want to buy cool jerseys. I still love the Medaic because that's the one that I have. Do you have the orange one? I think I do. I know you had that way, I've never seen you wear that. It doesn't it's a it's a thick jersey, Okay, I see that. Yeah, it's a it's a it's a it's an April May jersey. It's April May septembers over Yah to put over a hoodie jersey. That's what I'm saying. And again he'll beat the ballpark September again. Discord link is in the description. We want to get you guys in discords if we want to organize some messed up community events at the stay for them, people seem lack comments about them. But we want to beat you guys. We want to chill, We want to hang out city Field. We want to just do some really stupid when we get there, and especially now that we all get ten dollars for free. It's like five dollars beers. I can't wait. They're gonna be really trying to get people in the door, and they should be.
Speaker 2: But other things to talk about, Uh, Jonathan Santucci promoted triple A.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. We're probab We're goin to get to see Santuci to the major league this year now, which is nice, or at least have a shot early next season. You probably give him one look in September. Yeah, I think so. I mean maybe I'm just excited for Santuci to get the triple as. I really want to see just the pitch data. I want to see where the change it is, if it's coming along, where the where was I gonna say, Oh my god, I just lost my train of thought. Where the fastball shape is, if you can actually miss bats in the zone against major league di is like there's a lot to learn about public for public data with John the Santucci. So I can determine how excited I feel like he's been ripping right for like the last two months now destroy double A. But again, it's he's the kind of thing where those big lefties who have a nice breaking ball can kind of just rip apart those levels then, similar to John Tong with his fastball, want to get a triple A? We could, We could try to figure it out.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm waiting for when I can't wait? I can't wait for Brooks Raley, AJ Mintor to be traded and I get to see the major league debut of my boy, Jeffrey Yon, the most electric pitcher.
Speaker 1: In baseball, Lefty.
Speaker 2: He's been dominating triple A walks twenty five percent of the guys, striking out forty percent of them.
Speaker 1: Give me some Jeffrey on innings. I can't wait another big one too. Mets prospect group. He's big time on the Mets lower end of the system. I guess you keep the track of his Twitter account, Windy, I see yah yeah, yea one hundred eleven mile an hour max ex Offlasie whoa sixteen years old? He's sixteen? He's sixteen? We signed him, yes, well, when we signed him? How old is he now? I think he's still sixteen. We just signed him this class. We signed him a few months ago. How do you spell his name as wow? He's sixteen? Wow? If a high schooler did that, they would be getting talked about his numbering overall pick for two years. That's pretty sick. I think he was like the top sick, top money guy, right he was. And I think we grabbing from Yankees get some weirdness in their class. Yeah, I mean, there's always some weird stuff going on there. I don't know. We're gonna see some We're gonna see some interesting stuff.
Speaker 2: Like the Mets are going to stink on the field, there is no doubt about it. But we'll somehow find a way to take some positives out of all this stuff down the stretch, for sure.
Speaker 1: We're trying to. I mean again, you guys also tells anything you want here because this this is good to get ugly this team the second half. Yeah, we're gonna see a lot of uh Nick Morribito playing in the outfield. I got a feeling I'm cool with that to me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fine, let's find out what you got, young blud. Let's see some balls run fast again. The talkman ewing more budo outfield banjofday. Wow, that's good. I can't wait to be in the stadium with a rotisserie chicken club. But you've done. You got anything else? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, oh, could I can I find that Busser Roleney tweet really quickly?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, let's let's get some hit outs and medium marvels quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, I will say this once again. Guys, trade deadline season, remember to keep an eye out for the real people who actually know what they're talking about. I wouldn't be looking at aggregators to be breaking news. Feels like that's something that I definitely would not trust by any means. Okay, here it is Busterrolney. The price the Red Sox paid for Curtis met seems excessive. Connelly Early has less than a year of service time and looks like he'll be a really good starter for a long time. But keep in mind that starting pitching is generally plentiful in this trade market, while good right handed hitting is scarce. A premium was paid for me to who's having his best season. If the Mets would have made that trade, I think he would have said that this is one of the dumbest organizations in baseball. He started by saying, seems excessive. Let me tell you why it's not, which.
Speaker 1: Is again why we have these conversations that stemmed from a Bob Nightingale report that the Mets are desperate to trade Louise Robert Junior, which I mean, no shit, you you have to trade the guy, but there's literally a deadline. It's like it's like the dumping on the Mester making a trade like that, where it's like, yeah, sure, getting Louise Robert Jr. You want to talk about a high risk move. Yeah, we knew what that was. At the time. It was called a brutal mistake. I was like, there's been a lot of mistakes, trading for him was not one of them. I would have made that trade twenty times out of twenty. We gave up Louise on Helicunu, who might get defayed by the White Sox after this season. He's horrendous, Like he's just not very good. And again we have to pay money, I do who cares? Who gives a shit? It's all of a sudden, now we're caring about money again. Well, I mean now on a one year deal. We've seen what's going on in like a lot of these baseball fans recently. Apparently people do really care about billionaires pockets, So I guess that makes sense. You got to make sure that the billionaires keep as much of their money as possible. They've earned it. Have you seen the commercial at MLB airs. I don't even want to talk about it. The crypt discus.
Speaker 2: One of the funniest things is they have a met fan talking about money.
Speaker 1: I was like, what are we doing? How was it bad?
Speaker 2: Can you wear that shit and say that you want a salary cap? It is legitimately going to hurt our ability to spend.
Speaker 1: This is funny. This guy's a foul territory. Marlin's are on a twelve game losing streak right now, the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Marlins triplay team. I saw twelve game losing streak. How's that happen? How is it even possible with a catastrophe? Yeah? What a catastrophe? What else was there? Yeah? I mean the laughing stuff is funny. The weird discourse around Louise Robert trades like it's just so senseless. Yeah, like I wanted Louise Robert to play a lot better than he did this year, but we also know because stop the sens have to play. Yeah, just play. That's actually really where it is.
Speaker 2: I just I wish he played more because I feel like when he was healthy, because clearly he wasn't healthy for a moment and tried to play through it, and the Mets even tried to get him to play through it.
Speaker 1: Seems like the injury, with the random off days, it started popping up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it it did those Yeah, I do remember that it didn't work. Oh no, we gave up Louise on hell Akunya, who if his last name was Jones, no one would care about.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't be a major league player. I think I think Roberts played pretty decently in these last few games coming off the break. The walks are still there's something time. I think he's gonna get us something more valuable Luisa Helakunya. So if you just said that some that Steve Cohen had to pay fourteen ish million dollars and you've got to upgrade the prospect worth it?
Speaker 2: I also do I have noticed that a lot of the complaining about the Luis Robert trade is actually not even for Mets fans. It is other fan base is telling us how much money we spend. And I said, tell me, you tell me you're poor without telling me you're poor.
Speaker 1: Yees, Just that doesn't matter. You don't get extra points for winning games without spending money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool. Sadly he gets really dumb, but I think that's that's all I got. Yeah, us think we're good. Uh apparently the Mets have been scouting.
Speaker 2: It's I swear this is how you say his name, like Terry Yuki Sato third basement in Japan. My Japanese source shout out wheels beast. One of the best hitters in the league this year, plays third base pretty well. Something to keep an eye out for this offseason.
Speaker 1: I think we have fangrafts data on him via TJ status and I pulled up for a second. Pulled up for a second, just because why not, Yeah, we're here Sato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's almost spelled like Terry Yaki, but instead of why, it's a you.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe who don't have that? Actually, I feel like I've seen it floating around. Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: But he he's like put up some of the best numbers, uh average ex v low ninety six miles an hour in the MPB. He hit a home run one seventeen this year.
Speaker 1: O kaind of nice good power. Yeah, a lot of times though you have to like move everyone down to defensive leather grade coming from the MPB. Third basis probably end up being a first baseman. We need one of those desperately. We could use one of those. Gotta feeling Horriy Polock goes almost never gonna play first base again for this team. My god, Horry Plank. Every time I think of Hory Ploko, get up said, my dad was ripped. My dad was just ripping mad about Horiy Ploko, the sunglasses, today's coke bottles. I get. I still no hate, no shame for Horry Plock. We played great last year. I just it's really frustrating how this has all gone down.
Speaker 2: It really makes me upset, absolutely terrible. Wait are we doing a series preview?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Rod about that? Yeah, let's do it. Fine, that's okay with me. Also played by Luke Weaver today. That was unbelievable. He's a good athlete.
Speaker 2: I really totally forgot we do serious previews this part of the episode. I mean again, you guys are forty minutes and you're not coming to hear us talk about the series anymore.
Speaker 1: No, the the Brakes to come ass of the Alstar break ripping hot. They've only lost three games so far they've they've been playing well, they're kind of I think they might have like half ended the Padres season. Have we only played like seven? I think we played nine so far, nine to ten. The breaks are seven to three out of the break after I proclaim them dead in the end, at least right at the break, of course. But we're gonna have a big time lefty off on Monday night. Oh, Zach Thornton, Martin Perez, right, Oh yeah, god's gonna wait. That's cinema. And then Tuesday, I'm gonna be in the ballpark for this one Chris Sale versus Christian Scott, so Chris OSSes Chris Off. And then Wednesday Mattine one pm, Grant Holmes, Sean and I as a junk off, I do believe I'll be there for a Wednesday's game. Yeah, So if you also, if you want to get into those games, just looking right here on the ticker at ESPN the ship to tell you the cheap ticket eleven dollars, ten dollars, six dollars. Yeah, you guys saw the siki gad earlier in today's episode.
Speaker 2: Go over there, use our code. You're gonna give him more money off one hundred per cent SEEKI for this game, easy pasy.
Speaker 1: You want to watch Chris Sale pitch legend, Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might as well go out there and just have a nice day. Now, Oh what that reminds me? Shout out Andrew Claudio, friend of the friend of the podcast. I wish I could find the exact tweet, but he had a really good tweet the other day talking about going to a Mets game and basically like a lot of the same sentiment, but said like much nicer than mirror you would ever necessarily say it online about how ah here it is. Went to City Field tonight easily seventy percent. Dodgers fans loud ovations for Otani, Freeman, Betts, all their champions and their champions all game. Soto left with an injury. Home fans have stopped singing along to my Girl. Dodgers won as expected, and yet I wasn't bothered at all. Food was good, fireworks were cool. Wife and I had fun night out with my sister in law, took her and her boyfriend around the stadium for a tour. Five years post will Pond and this is where we are most, if not all, general baseball watching it enjoyment completely drained from its fan base. No anger, no embarrassment that your building was taken over, just pure and genuine apathy knowing that this is what they are and the person who put them together isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's apathetic.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna like it's sad that we're at a point where I go have fun. That's why we're going to the game, not to watch baseball necessarily.
Speaker 1: Just openly, patently feel nothing for this team right now. Yeah, that should be the biggest olr bel for Steve Gowin homously. Yeah, you can't. But that's also like, it's kind of it. It's kind of you've now created an experience that is not reliant on the product. We talk about how much we want to figure out that out all the time for our stuff. Yeah, literally like that. That's kind of what they've achieved with this Mets team. Where good they're bad, You're gonna get a certain amount of people in that stadium and they're gonna love the food and they're gonna be like, yeah, have a fun time of the Mets game. Oh they played baseball. Didn't even know this, didn't even know through a couple of beaths. That's about it. Yeah, that's really it. Dom Smith returned to the city. Field's gonna be funny. I guess he guess he has. Has he been back, since he's been back, has to have been. We're gonna We're gonna see someone really fun this series. I'm gonna let you guys know about Brewer Hickling. Brewer Hickland, thirty year old rookie, thirty year old rookie. I think he's a Huntsville boy, so he's probably a Braves fan. Through and through him and Jim Jarvis have showed up to hit eighth and ninth for this Braves team, and they've been infectious. And what they've done the bottom of the they've single handedly won multiple games as Brace team over their seven to three stretches the All Star break. Oh, it's disgusting, it is. It makes me sick to my stomach to watch these guys come out of the Brave system for no good reason and help plug the holes for them. And then he plugged while they helped figure this everything out and try to get these guys healthy again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't for the life of me figure it out. But that's the Greek alex Antopolos voodoo magic right there working its job.
Speaker 1: Drake Baldwin also is on a walk rampage right now. You've been seeing Drake baldon walk numbers. You gotta know I'm not locked into that. He should you should be. So he walked three times today on Sunday three times. Yeah, walk three times. Stay on Sunday. Hendron walk in a few games. But if you go back to Wednesday, two walks and the day before that Tuesday, three walks. So even without walking in three straight game games, in six games, he's running eight walks.
Speaker 2: His line is so funny as twenty homers and six doubles.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. How do you hit no doubles?
Speaker 2: Real power? Yeah, real power and you missed a month and a half, three hundred play appearances.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy's so good. Like the Braves hit today in their game against the Orioles to win a series, Mauricio Dubon fifth and Dominic Smith sixth. Like that's that. If you close your eyes, you could believe that's who the Mets would have hitting fifth and six. It's painful, and I think this is going to be a coonia back on Monday too, which is perfect. Yes, it seems like that's going to happen, So we're gonna help the Braves get on there. I got on the streak. Also, Michael Harris had an amazing season. He still he will never draw a walk and he doesn't care.
Speaker 2: And also doesn't matter. I'm just I'm excited to see Zach Thornton go up against this lineup.
Speaker 1: Yes, will be a good test for Zach Thorton and good test for Christian Scott as well. Yeah, and I think that's it. We got Frankie Peppers. Oh yeah, we got frank Oh, Francis, you're tying. Here comes, here comes Francis Peppers. Can't wait to hear him.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen, this is Frankie Peppers.
Speaker 1: Say, don't uh.
Speaker 3: Taking one out of three front of the Dodgers is a than expected because I expected this team to lose a trillion to eight every game. So I mean, you know, I ain't know one Soto's hurt now, and I think he's uh. I think it just might be better for his for his morale if he doesn't need to be on the field for all these games, because I know I want to quit. So my hot take is that winning games is fun and the mens considered doing it more often, And so I thought this year's went a little better than expected play wise. So, gentlemen, tell me about the time that things went better than expected for you. It's your favorite time things went better than expected. I'm gonna roll with these questions. Boys, all right, take care, Let's go, Mets, and I will talk to you soon. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Frank, is a really question the time was something went better than expected? I got a good one. Yeah, I got a good one too. Yeah. I think he's probably gonna be a little bit, could be a little bit better. Who knows. I don't think so. I think mine is starting the Mets of the podcast. It's definitely got better than ten. Yere High school reunion went pretty well for me. I don't rushed it. I don't know anyone who has been ard.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was at stage chats on them Saturday. I was like, Wow, look at those two bets, those two stools over there. Yes, that's remark but DC, Yeah, it's hilarious. It's just God, there are two good ones, two good ones right there. Yeah, good things that have happened in our lives. Yeah, right, that's that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you guys for making Mets Up be something good in our life even when the Mets absolutely suck. We appreciate you guys still supporting through this absolutely miserable season. Subscribe if you haven't yet done so, got a feeling most of you are, But if you're not, click that subscribe button. Listen to us Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google drops the rating, drops a review, download and subscribe. You can follow James on social media at James Channa, I'm draftneck Mark. We're also going to be doing a lot of trade deadline coverage about the rest of baseball. If you want to hear more for it, you could check out the wind Up James channel my channel, you know where to find us.
Speaker 1: Catch guys on the next one. Peace out that guys, let's go Mets.