Speaker 1: It smells like a gym of sorts.
Speaker 2: Well before you came in, I was exercising.
Speaker 1: I highly doubt that.
Speaker 2: Oh glad you have such confidence in me.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome, This is serial Killers.
Speaker 2: This is serial Killers. Today is Friday, and it's episode one seven. And you know, if you have any idea what we just went through for the last half an hour trying to get Danielle on this episode, you have no idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was very crazy.
Speaker 2: Between zooms and internal microphones and headphones and externals, and it was a nightmare a line happening after all of a sudden done, we were unable to get her on. And we've been trying to do this episode with her for weeks weeks, weeks, and it just hasn't worked. And I think it just was not meant to be. So let's do it. I'm Scottie B and I'm Andrew and this is a podcast that we call serial Killers because we eat cereal and we think inside the box.
Speaker 1: Here're still trying to get that to happen. I still trying to make it happen. It's not going to happen. It never was going to happen. The trademark is not going to go through for that.
Speaker 2: But isn't it very clever to you because people usually say fig outside the box, But because cereal comes in a box, we're thinking in it, you know, so innovative. All right, let's get moving because this Cereal we should have done weeks ago.
Speaker 1: You're also having like a panic attack.
Speaker 2: I am, I totally am, because you know, I saw the frustration in Danielle's face. And she doesn't get angry much, but she was getting angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when she gets angry, nothing goes well. She her clothes rip off and she turns green.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what's that reference to the Hulk, you dunce? Well, I'm talking about the old one from like the seventies with David Banner on TV now it's on yes reruns, Yes, yeah, yes, don't make me.
Speaker 1: Also, Lou Garrig wasn't he someone who wasn't he the one who played the Hulk once?
Speaker 2: The Yankee player from the fifties.
Speaker 1: That one. You know, sometimes my mind it takes a second. I was there, I was like in the ballpark. He's legally deaf, you know. Yeah, and he was on King of Queens for a long time.
Speaker 2: He was the neighbor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I watched a little bit of King and Queen's King and Queens Kings of Queen's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andrew, don't make me angry.
Speaker 1: I would love to.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I've seen you angry. It's happened on this podcast. And you are the least threatening person I think in the entire United You have.
Speaker 2: No idea what I'm even saying. Which here's the point.
Speaker 1: It's the Hulks motto, you wouldn't like me when.
Speaker 2: I'm angry, and they turn off.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'm sure he wears it always rips off, but somehow the shorts always expand.
Speaker 2: Bill Bigsby is that his name?
Speaker 1: Bixby? Bruce Banner.
Speaker 2: Bill Bixby was the actor. Oh, I don't know Bill bigs I don't know anything from the seventies. I wasn't even belong. Let's get wrongly because our friend Tony yucks.
Speaker 1: The Avengers. The Avengers the popular movie for serial Avengers, a literal number one movie to ever come out. It's the highest grossing movie of all time. The Avengers Endgame has the Hulk as a central character. There's he's been in every Avengers movie. It's a popular character, understand and yet you are treating it like, well, you don't know the seventies.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it again, you dunce.
Speaker 2: All right, can we get going please? Sure? So a few weeks ago, the Serial Killers PC on Twitter put out the call for the brand new serial from General Mills because it was out there but apparently only available and still as of this recording, only available in Sam's Club locations in a giant double box. Wow. So I'm not searched. We did search low and even our friend Michelle from Survivor put the call out there. Yes, and our buddy Tony Yak's a big listener, sent us this cereal. He found it and sent it to us, sent us two giant boxes, one of them I sent to Danielle, so you know, enjoy it. So I'm going to go down to the Cereal. It's actually in a serial suitcase because I need more room than a sack because it's a big box. Going down to the Cereal suitcase. Thank you, Samson. I all right, it's Star Wars the Mandalorian. Yeah, baby Yoda Cyrial, I love it. This is very exciting.
Speaker 1: It's very exclusive. Baby Yoda was the best part about The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian is a fantastic show that you can watch on Disney Plus. I don't know why I'm like plugging it as if they pay for any sponsorship. But the Mandalorian was excellent. Disney Plus is excellent. Can't say enough.
Speaker 2: Isn't this the guy that said nan new Nanu?
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's not Nan new Nanu from Morgan Mindy.
Speaker 2: What theme is that?
Speaker 1: Morgan Mindy? Oh very good, I said, Morgan Mindy. Why didn't you do this to me every.
Speaker 2: Time with Robin Williams and Pam Dauber.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I know. I don't know much besides Morgan Mindy and Robin Williams, but I know. Also, why don't you retreat to your egg?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Also, you ever seen a Star Wars and you make it seem like you're like so cool and indie because of it.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a Star Wars. No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I've never seen him. I know I wouldn't like it. That's geek stuff. No, it's just very s Meanwhile, you watch reruns of Chips every second there on as if that's not weird.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just happen to have this handy. Very good. All right, are you ready to eat?
Speaker 1: I'm i am.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, there's marshmallows in here. They've settled. Okay, cool. You've had it with this podcast, haven't you.
Speaker 1: I haven't. It's we've recorded twice this week, so I'm a little on edge.
Speaker 2: Well, we are going on vacation at the end of the month. Yeah, so we kind of have to bank them. I don't want to be lazy like we were last time and just play like a best of episode. Although you know, we did rerun episode number one on the last time that we were on vacation. Maybe this time we'll also rerun episode number two because you can't find that one either. For some reason, you haven't been working on that at all, and you've had months. Episode one or two have been missing from all podcast platform.
Speaker 1: Remember when Danielle was supposed to be on this episode, but then your laziness to not get her prepared ruin the whole thing.
Speaker 2: My laziness, Yep, I'm not the millennial technical guy.
Speaker 1: No, neither was the engineer who came in here who tried to fix it for you and that you had a whole meltdown over you were trying. You were pressing these, and you're like.
Speaker 2: I can't I get Danielle was having issues with her mat and you were sitting there on your phone. I was watching you the whole time. I don't have anything in front of you that it's not in front of you. I'm confused, has nothing to do with this. It's her mac.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm just supposed to work over zoom to troubleshoot it after you set it up every time say left or right. Oh see, this is the bad part about box serials. I don't like that. It's not a real box.
Speaker 2: I know it's double bagged, so you say left or right because that's what we're right, right, Okay, okay with it.
Speaker 1: So it looks like corn pops with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like corn pops at all, because kicks. It looks like kicks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you are insufferable today.
Speaker 2: But you don't even know your cereals.
Speaker 1: Dude, I got it. I said corn pops. I meant kicks.
Speaker 2: I don't think you did.
Speaker 1: You, so I just said kicks after I said corn pops. Just for fun.
Speaker 2: It Actually they're not quite as round as Kicks. These Actually remember the Dunkin Cereals that we did in a couple episodes ago.
Speaker 1: The ones that I'm almost done with both boxes.
Speaker 2: Yes, it looks like the same shape as those. They're not perfect balls. They're almost like spheres.
Speaker 1: You know that's interesting because you know Dunkin Cereals made by Post. This one's made by General Mills.
Speaker 2: Very Good Andrew. Those are two different cereal companies. Yes, I don't really like the packaging. I understand that it's from a Warehouse Club, so it has to be giant, but I don't like the bags just floating in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a fan because you can't pour from the box because it'll go everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's described as fruity flavored sweetened cereal with marshmallows and other natural flavors.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping for Kicks with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fruit flavored.
Speaker 1: Are the marshmallows baby Yoda shaped?
Speaker 2: You tell me you're the Star Wars guy.
Speaker 1: I guess Okay, all you need to do is look at the box and just tell me if they are they Yes, they are baby Yoda shaped. Their planet shaped, but they made it look like baby Yoda.
Speaker 2: Remember that time when you told me that when we ate the cereal, I was going to play the Star Wars theme. Haven't done it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're sticking it to the man. You're going back to your nineties roots and being like the system. I hate Star Wars.
Speaker 2: No, I just played the Morgan Mindy theme instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go weird. I like it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, it's tricks. It's tricks. This is tricks with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fine with that. This is good to me.
Speaker 2: This is undoubtedly tricks with marshmallows. It's tricks without any coloring in it. Yeah, with marshmallows, four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it the same. I think what wound up happening was Disney knew the cereal had to be good. They're in this one for the long haul. They didn't want to do their normal routine where they released like Toy Story four Serial. We were just like meh, Carnival Crunch. It wasn't like the other Star Wars cereal that was just like, Eh, it's a limited release. This one can be on shelves for the long haul.
Speaker 2: It won't be, but it could be. I think it will, because it's just gonna morph into tricks with marshmallows in about a year.
Speaker 1: Well, we already had that.
Speaker 2: We did. That was the trolls Cereal if you remember.
Speaker 1: Didn't we also have a tricks with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: No, we had trolls. Go ahead, look at the list that you haven't finished yet. I'll go grab it from this.
Speaker 1: You haven't finished it, Oh.
Speaker 2: I'll go grab it from the Cereal vault stand by.
Speaker 1: Let's see tricks with.
Speaker 2: Yeah that this? Yeah, so I bet if we ate this it would taste the same. Although this is kind of old at this point, but let's have a handful. It doesn't expire till December.
Speaker 1: Took it out of the cereal shelf next to all the roaches.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna pour it in here. Although this is a bit fruitier here, cool?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Oh yeah, this is way fruit here.
Speaker 2: M there's stale.
Speaker 1: Lip of Why I shay throw the cereal all out stealth and everything in there is disgusting.
Speaker 2: That stuff is not meant to be eaten.
Speaker 1: That is so gross.
Speaker 2: That's for display purposes only. I'll just put it back over here.
Speaker 1: The marshmallows are even soggy, as if there was condensation back there.
Speaker 2: Somehow somebody might want it. Let's just leave it back there. Oh so Florida spoon, Afflorida spoon.
Speaker 1: Yes, eh, yes, I want only mandalorians here. I want you to get rid of the abomination that's over there. No, look how nice it is to look at How is it nice to look at everything in there? Right now? If someone came in here and was like, oh my gosh, I've really been craving that one cereal, would you let them have it?
Speaker 2: Of course you're a bad person. You're a bad person.
Speaker 1: Is this goes back to the argument that we had where you let Brody have expired milk.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just because I was mad at him that day and I didn't care. I wanted him to be unhappy.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, so you might be a sociopathic.
Speaker 2: He wasn't nice to me that day, and I knew the milk was rotten, so I'm like, here you go, buddy, here's some milk.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, all the cereals there are bad.
Speaker 2: No I know which ones are still good? I do.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's anything that doesn't have sweet artificial sugars in it.
Speaker 2: We don't have anything with artificial sugars. Sugars sugar.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're so cool, Scott. We don't have anything with artificial sugar. It's sugar.
Speaker 2: The only sugars that are artificial are like your Splendors and Trouvia's. They're not artificial, but they're alternate sugars. Okay, cool, Well, the Sweet and Low is probably artificial. Yeah, saccharin. I'm sure the pink pack, yes, I know what sweet and Low is may cause cancer and laboratory rats.
Speaker 1: They literally have that sugar at every diner across the United States.
Speaker 2: Can we go down to the cereal sack and take one out from our friend Danny?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: These are all listeners supplied cereals, because we do have the best listeners on the planet.
Speaker 1: That we do. Yeah, Unfortunately, you're giving it to a host that has an inflated ego. And it's not me, it's Tim.
Speaker 2: It's another one of the Amazon brand Happy Belly. This one is free, you know what, am This one is frosted corn flakes.
Speaker 1: Do you even know who corn flakes are made by?
Speaker 2: So it's frosted flakes. Yeah, corn flakes are made by multiple companies. Yeah, so this would just be frosted flakes. Great.
Speaker 1: Why was the box open because.
Speaker 2: I sent it to Danielle and she didn't get to do it with us. Oh great, So that means it's stay out from a week ago.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's fine. I think the ones that we've had over there for at least six or seven months, you know, when the global pandemic happened and nobody could come in here except you and nobody ate the cereals.
Speaker 2: That really makes me sad because when everybody was here, people would eat them and they wouldn't be as many here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now you should just get rid of the bags and keep the boxes.
Speaker 2: Well, Nate comes in and he eats all the peanut butter puffs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's one cereal. You have three hundred and eighty other cereals. No one's eating okay, no one's eating the other ones.
Speaker 2: Here? You go, Who am I talking to?
Speaker 1: Where is this going? Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, what kind of response did you want there?
Speaker 1: Get rid of the bags, keep the boxes.
Speaker 2: I will eventually that's my Christmas cleanup.
Speaker 1: You don't do Christmas cleanups anymore.
Speaker 2: You would have full hoarders.
Speaker 1: You stop throwing things out this right here.
Speaker 2: No, I'm taking them home. What I have someone taking these home? Will you are not? I'll take them home today, Promise I will. They won't be here next time you come in. All right, So these flakes are way way smaller than your average flake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they also smell weird.
Speaker 2: They smell like Amazon Prime Delivery ready one.
Speaker 1: Two, three, Yeah, I remember that touch five.
Speaker 2: They're super sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay with I'm one of his five balls. Eh, four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I close my eyes, they do taste like Kellogg's frosted flakes, but the flakes are so much smaller, Yeah, that you can definitely see the difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't really get that crunch effect. They kind of just dissolve instantly. There are pretty good four balls. Four balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I like it, you really do.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Amazon cereals have been okay, they've been pretty close to the original.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's Amazon, so I don't think they're going to go half ass on anything I do. I don't. Amazon literally wants to take over the entire world, So the one thing that they're not going to do is sell their own brands of things and be like it's just decent.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much for that, Danny. He's got one more coming that'll be in the next couple of weeks. Okay, all right, one more from the cereal sack. Right, should we call it a bonus box or just do it? Just do it? I don't know, just do it. It's another supermarket brand from our friend Molly okay, who lives near the Wegmans. Ok all right. People were very excited that we did a Wegman cereal a couple ago, like, oh, Wegmans.
Speaker 1: People are as my aunt says, Weggheads. That's their fanom they call it. Yeah. Also, Wegmans has trains in it. They have a big train that goes around the store. All of them, I think, well, most of the ones I've been in.
Speaker 2: Just the one near the Andrew House, you know the Andrew House. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm going to look this up now, Okay, Wegman's train.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for these because you know, I love my fruity pebbles.
Speaker 1: Huh. Model trains were first introduced at Wegmans food markets in the early nineteen nineties to create some fun and animation on the non perishable side of the store. Yeah, there's a train.
Speaker 2: Do you know what perishables are? Yes, my god, what things that can perish?
Speaker 1: Yes, it means that they could die.
Speaker 2: We're you know, refrigerated expire. Everything expires.
Speaker 1: You expired a long time ago, and keep hauling you out here to do this podcast.
Speaker 2: These look these look identical to fruity pebbles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like there's better fruity rice crisps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Freddy rice crisp. That's right, although the box lazy same on the front, same on the back.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it because it's a fun box.
Speaker 2: It's just pink with some I like it.
Speaker 1: The huge shape of it. It makes me think they're like big rocks.
Speaker 2: No, it says enlarged to show detail.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're telling me that those aren't the sides of the actual things. Well, I mean some Yeah, No know which one was the shredded wheat and not Yeah, the brick shredded wheat.
Speaker 2: Oh, these are crackling. Listen. Put it up to your ear. Oh yeah, it sounds like when you step on bubble wrap.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a loud crackle.
Speaker 2: You ready, here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's got a little girth to them.
Speaker 2: Hmm. They're good. H but there's a little something extra that I don't taste in fruity pebbles. Can't quite put my finger on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like these better than fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: I would almost say it has a little zing, right. I don't know, they're good. They're good.
Speaker 1: Four bowls and a spoon for me. I gave everything four balls and a spoon on this episode.
Speaker 2: I prefer fruity pebbles.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I would prefer this really. Yeah. I just I've tried to like fruity pebbles, you know this. I've had a journey with them. I don't hate them outright. This I don't know. I just enjoyed the taste.
Speaker 2: So do you think that these are Yaba Daba delicious?
Speaker 1: Yes, Scott, I do think they are Yaba Daba delicious.
Speaker 2: Four bowls from me, They're pretty good. Yeah, thank you, Molly. We have one more Molly cereal on the way.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So thanks for listening to this episode of Cereal Killers didn't go quite the way we wanted it to. They were supposed to be a Danielle and you know.
Speaker 1: But all in all, I think we really pulled it together.
Speaker 2: We usually do, Andrew, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: How do you feel with this one? Do you feel self conscious knowing that we recorded this one?
Speaker 2: Oh? Is this another video episode? Yeah? I don't care. You can post it, but I think people are not gonna be interested in watching this.
Speaker 1: Well, now it's gonna wind up. Happening is all of a sudden, You're gonna start profusely sweating and being like, it's hot, it's so hot.
Speaker 2: I can't that's not true. And every time that we record one of these, I'm wearing a giant shirt and I don't know why. Right, you love your moo mooth. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. It is Friday, right, I don't even know what day it is anymore. It is this Friday. Okay, have a nice weekend. Thank you for listening. We have vacation this week. I don't even know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, let's just stop recording, right.
Speaker 2: I think we might be on vacation this week. So maybe next week we'll give you episode two, the lost episode. Okay, you like that? Sure or not?
Speaker 1: Or not? We'll see this break. We decided to do Mondays and Fridays. Yeah, you made me come into the city.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused. And plus people that are watching this for the first time are like, what are they talking about? What's Monday? What's Friday? What's bonus? I don't get it?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you explain it to them?
Speaker 2: No, because we're running along here. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: You are a child. We'll have a giant man child.
Speaker 2: We'll have a brand new episode on Monday. I've just decided that for us.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms It's Serial Killers PC.
Speaker 1: And make sure you like and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts, because yes, this is a podcast. So if you're watching this, go to whatever podcast service you use, or hit the link in our bio.
Speaker 2: There is no link in our bio.
Speaker 1: A link in the bio.
Speaker 2: What do you think you? What are you doing? Like and subscribe?
Speaker 1: Hey? You know what I really love these days? What flat belly tea sugar bear hair is my favorite?
Speaker 2: See, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You don't know like spawn con, that's what they call it. A sponsort? Oh yeah, what did you think the C word? Was.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought it was like comic con. I thought it was like convention, spaw con, Spawn convention. Okay, it was a sponsorship convention. You go to this convention and you walk around and say, hey, we're from Serial Killers. You try to get people to sponsor for you.
Speaker 1: And as well as it's going now exactly, we're gonna get back to you.
Speaker 2: I gotta get out here. Thanks for listening, enjoy your weekend, stay safe and until Monday crunch. What are you doing? I don't know. I don't like the whole video component.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we won't do it, and no, we're gonna stop, all right, thanks for listening, guys.
Speaker 2: I think we don't, don't. I think we should do a separate one that's video that we do specifically, and I could set it a table with bowls.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm in right, so in so we should let's just.
Speaker 2: Start all over again and start'll eat all the stale stuff from start to finish.
Speaker 1: Those could be our box and side episodes.
Speaker 2: What we can do those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do the podcast Monday Friday, but then Wednesdays we could upload one YouTube.
Speaker 2: Video a week.
Speaker 1: My head just exploded, Okay, it's really not that complicated.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.