Speaker 1: Is everyone ready to start the experiment? Billy says he's ready.
Speaker 2: Lisa, Yeah, Elliott, sure I am, Callie, I think so you've got to walk around with Nike.
Speaker 1: Not just walk around with it, but take care of it for a.
Speaker 3: Whole day, the whole day. That's right.
Speaker 1: Everyone who is able to make it the whole day without their egg cracking gets a prize. Way Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today we're learning about regret. Regret is when you wish you'd done something differently. Let's see how the challenge goes. Remember, everyone, you only get one egg, so take good care of it. Lisa, here's your egg.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see what the price will be.
Speaker 1: Billy, here's yours. Billy says he's a bird, so he'll be great at protecting eggs. Elliott, your egg.
Speaker 3: I am going to take good care of this little egg.
Speaker 1: And last, but not least, here's your egg.
Speaker 2: Cali, Okay, eggs all right? Everyone who wants to go play Cowie, are you forgetting something?
Speaker 3: You just let your egg behind?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Billy's reminding you that you only get one egg, so you should be careful with it. How about you lingo kids listeners? Do you think everyone will take good care of their eggs? Let's find out how the experiment goes. It looks like everyone is building something. Let's check on Lisa.
Speaker 4: I'm building this egg carrier out of posycle sticks and elastics.
Speaker 1: It's going to attach in front of me so I can walk around.
Speaker 3: Without breaking it.
Speaker 1: Wow, great idea, Lisa. Let's check in on Billy.
Speaker 3: Now, who was that?
Speaker 4: Billy says that I am the egg holding robot that he builds. I am programmed to keep this egg safe.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing, Billy Elliott. I see you're doing something to protect your egg too.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'm building a little mess for my egg that way I can watch over it.
Speaker 1: Well's nice andess eae great. How about you, Cawie, how are you gonna protect your egg?
Speaker 3: M I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: By want to go to the swings, so I'll just put my backpack.
Speaker 3: I don't have to worry about them.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's a very safe place for an egg.
Speaker 2: Cowie, don't worry, Elliott, egg will be fine.
Speaker 3: I want to go play Cowie.
Speaker 5: I really don't think this is a good idea.
Speaker 1: You're going to regret it.
Speaker 5: If you're an egg breaks, everyone.
Speaker 3: Will get a treat except you. If it breaks, Oh, just ask for another one. Go in to the sphings now bye.
Speaker 1: But Cowie, how about you lingo kids listeners? Do you think this was a responsible thing to do?
Speaker 3: Sing Time, swing time?
Speaker 2: Oops, looks like my egg broke, guess Elliott was right?
Speaker 3: Well, I better go ask for a new one egg, Craped.
Speaker 2: Could I please have another one so I can try it again?
Speaker 3: Cawi?
Speaker 1: The rule was that everyone would only get one egg.
Speaker 3: But can I please try again?
Speaker 1: I'm afraid we don't have any more eggs, Cali.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't very careful of mine, now I wish I was.
Speaker 1: Why do you think you're feeling that way?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Well, I just thought I could get another egg. Everyone else need They don'ly get one egg, and they're taking.
Speaker 3: Good care of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I had taken good care of my egg.
Speaker 1: I understand, Cali. I think you're feeling a bit of regret. Regret that means you wish you had done something differently. It's not a very good feeling, is it. It's not The truth is that some things are fixable, but other things like your egg, can't be fixed. So it's important to try to be careful the first time around. Then perhaps you won't end up feeling regretful later.
Speaker 2: You're right, my friends were careful from the beginning. Now I wish I had been too.
Speaker 1: There is one thing you could try, a new egg. No, sorry, Callie, but you could try asking one of your friends if they'd let you help out with their egg. Oh good idea, but Callie, yes, that might be harder than you think.
Speaker 2: He Lisa, do you think I could help you take care of your egg?
Speaker 3: What happened to your egg?
Speaker 2: Callie? Well, I broke it, But I'm going to be more careful now. I believe you, Calie, I do, But I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Just going to look after your mind by myself.
Speaker 2: I believe do in your world bought me? Didn't he help with your agg.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Callie?
Speaker 4: Billy says that we will protect our eggs by our selves.
Speaker 3: Hi, Elliott, Hi, Cowie, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: I broke my egg and I don't get another one now? No, he wants me to help him with theirs because I wasn't careful of mine.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe you can help me with mine. Really, Eliot, Well, although I tried to warn you about your egg, I can see you really regret breaking it, and it's hard that you can't get another one. But everyone deserves a second chance. You could help me watch over my nest to I build. Yes, Thanks Elliot.
Speaker 1: And Lingo Kids listeners. For the rest of the day, anytime Elliot asked.
Speaker 5: Cowie to watch the egg for a bit, sure thing, Elliott.
Speaker 1: And this went on, Kellie, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just going to grab a drink of water. Could you watch the egg please? You can come on.
Speaker 2: Me, Elliot.
Speaker 1: All throughout the day, whenever Elliott needed help, Callie.
Speaker 3: Was right here to help. Elliot.
Speaker 1: And all those who kept their eggs safe got their surprise ice cream sandwiches. Lisa got one, so good, Billy got one.
Speaker 4: Billy thanks you for this delicious.
Speaker 1: Treat, and Elliott got one.
Speaker 3: Hey Callie, Yeah, Elliott, want to share.
Speaker 1: This treat with me. Lingo Kids listeners, thanks for learning about regret. We learned that we all make mistakes, but that the best way to avoid feeling regret is to think ahead. And we also learned that good friends always deserve a second chance. We'll see you next time time LINGO Kids listeners, Some of you liked our miniseries so much that you asked for another mini series, and guess what we listened. Join us this summer for a very special miniseries, The Mystery of the Missing Torch. We are going to search for clues, travel to a beautiful country ooh la la, meet real athletes and more. Now it's your turn to guess what the new miniseries will be about. Here is one clue for you. Prepare to sweat it out