Speaker 1: Warning, today's episode doesn't really have any spoilers.
Speaker 2: There's no spoilers.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy. We we haven't seen this stuff yet, so just.
Speaker 2: Just have fun.
Speaker 1: Hello, my baby Jesus steps yo, and I'm Rosie Night and welcome back to Xtra Vision of the podcast where we dived too your favorite shows we use colleges hip pop culture coming from our podcast.
Speaker 2: Where we're bringing you three.
Speaker 1: Episodes a week every Tuesday Thursday.
Speaker 2: With an extra episode every Wednesday.
Speaker 3: And in today's episode, we survived. Guys, we made it. We made it to twenty twenty five. So what's gonna happen this.
Speaker 4: Year in the joyous world of pop culture, movies, video games, and TV shows. Well, we will let you know right here, because we're gonna talk about what we are excited about.
Speaker 1: Let's dive in to the calendar year of twenty twenty five. Wash, we're going into the future. We're stepping out of the portal, the time portal, and we have arrived in twenty twenty five to talk about some of the things that we are very very excited about. And we will go in chronological order, first January in only a few weeks time.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Lee Wennell brings us the Wolfman.
Speaker 3: I'm very weird about this.
Speaker 1: Charlie, Marnie's boyfriend from Girls turns into a werewolf.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I think Leewanod's got a great take on classic horror and I am.
Speaker 4: Very excited, very smart to go back to Lewano for this one. If you didn't see his Invisible Man, great time to check it out now. Just absolutely fantastic, terrifying.
Speaker 1: Very scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very scary, very analogous, very interesting, very of its time. It came out twenty twenty, just before COVID really hit. It was one of the last big successful movies one hundred million dollar opening weekend. I'm hearing that this is a very.
Speaker 3: Scary, straight down the line horror movie.
Speaker 4: I love the main actor, Charlie from Girls, because he was also in the really weird, scary Brandon Cronenberg movie Possessor, which is another great one you should check out. He's a wonderful actor. So yeah, that's gonna be very exciting. And that is like a you're not gonna kind of believe how heavy twenty twenty five starts off.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of breaks.
Speaker 4: We usually think of January February March as like a hibernation time. Maybe there'll be a couple of surprising movies that make a big hit. But obviously get Out kind of changed that with the February release a few years ago. That then made February like a big blockbuster time. So yeah, January, Wolfman can't wait. We've also got fingers crossed. I think that the Spider Man cartoon is supposed to be coming out, The highly awaited Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man cartoon from Disney. I believe that is coming out in January.
Speaker 3: And that looks great. I love it.
Speaker 4: It's Jeff Trammel from who worked on a lot of Craig Up the Creek. Just absolutely fantastic and it looks great.
Speaker 3: It looks really fresh.
Speaker 4: We covered the tray law just like a fun Peter Parker take. But from what we've seen, it's definitely gonna have multiple spiders in Bolt.
Speaker 1: Next up, also in January, the fourth season of Mythic Quest is dropping on Apple TV Plus, meaning nobody watches this show.
Speaker 3: But but it's actually really good.
Speaker 1: But it's really good. And I will say of Mythic Quest, I think they've got like two of the best bottle episodes. In recent TV.
Speaker 3: They do have like community level bottle episodes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and is it a bottle episode tech?
Speaker 2: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Technically, I think it's. And and if you've got Apple TV Plus, if you don't have it, you can get it.
Speaker 3: Literally, you can just go.
Speaker 1: Next time you buy a phone, I'll give it.
Speaker 3: Not even just that.
Speaker 4: Anytime you shop at Target, they'll probably offer you a three month Apple TV Plus. If you go to best Buy a lot of times you don't even know. If you go to best buy dot Com, you don't even have to pay, and you can get a free three month trial for Apple TV Plus. I have utilized this many times. And there is really some of the best TV getting made is.
Speaker 1: On there, Mythiquest being one of those things.
Speaker 2: Very very fun show.
Speaker 4: Severance season two is about to come back as well, so it's another great one.
Speaker 1: The much beleaguered season two of Severance is a program.
Speaker 3: Was it ever gonna get made?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: It looks like it is. I can't wait. Oh.
Speaker 4: Severance also in January, so perfect timing to mention it good for us.
Speaker 1: Let's go to February.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, uh oh.
Speaker 1: And starting with the first, what do we do we think it'll be good. February Captain RecA New World, multiple reshoots, multiple re edits, multiple character inclosure, controversial character inclusions, terrible test scores.
Speaker 2: On and on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Folks, will it be good? I guess the reason that Chris Evans has been tapped to return to THEMCU we don't know.
Speaker 3: We don't spot.
Speaker 1: We will be there to watch this movie and tell you if it is good.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I hope it's good because I love Isaiah Bradley. I love that introspective, interesting reality of what it would look like for a Captain America Super Soldier program to exist.
Speaker 3: I want to see Harrison Ford getting his money. I still just love him.
Speaker 4: Good for you, play the President, play Red Hult, get cgi'ed.
Speaker 3: But yeah, will it be good? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be an interesting, big swing start for Marvel in what we can at the moment say, is probably gonna be the year of Superman. So it's kind of wild that Marvel's gonna start so early, and then you know, obviously we'll be waiting until summer to see how how Superman hits. But yeah, gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: I will say this, Yeah, I mean you put your finger on it. It's you know, February Captain America Braver World, and then we won't have a new Marvel movie until May. And it's clear that Marvel thinks that.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be the big one, gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: But that's a long time. If Captain America Brave, New World stiffs, if it's bad, if it's poorly received, that's a long time to be in a negative yep, like a negative buzzy.
Speaker 4: So why they have so much TV scheduled and kind of stuff to distract people? Basically, Okay, another one I'm excited for in February also, I mean coming out actually surprisingly soon after his smash hit are Super producer commons favorite movie Long Legs. Ozgod Perkins, son of Anthony Perkins, is coming back with a new horror movie produced by James wand and it is called The Monkey. It's adapting a Stephen King's story. The trailers look terrifying, very scary, very scary, very atmospheric.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's going to be great. It will be interesting.
Speaker 4: They put it in that February I think they put it in that February spot because they were like This could be the counter programming to Captain America Brave New Weld. This could be the horror movie that makes one hundred milli in the opening weekend.
Speaker 1: I love Stephen King. I especially love a Stephen King short stories.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 2: Exact movie.
Speaker 1: If you look at the adaptations, I think you could fairly argue that his short stories more influential cinematically than his full length novels. Stand by Me exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, you could go on it, you could go on and on.
Speaker 1: But there's you know, appt Pupil, There's a running Man. There's a lot of these, and they're all they all come from the wonderful short stories of Seeing King. I am super excited for this one as well. It's a very creepy monkey par type story, and that you're right is very scary.
Speaker 3: It's very scary. Also, we got to shout out because we covered season two.
Speaker 4: We were very interested to see where it would go Yellow Jacket season three, it's coming.
Speaker 3: Can they land the Land? I want to see.
Speaker 4: I want to know what is going to happen, especially after spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: I'll do it vague.
Speaker 4: But they lost one of their strongest cast members with the events of the season two finale, very interested to see what happens next.
Speaker 3: What about March, I mean, this is.
Speaker 4: Where Marvel I think is coming with their We don't think this one's gonna flop like Captain America, Brave New World, We're not sure, but Dead, Evil, Born Again, this is gonna be the one that has people talking.
Speaker 1: And a lot of interesting conversation around this movie about how it's a different tone for Disney, about how they're really diving into the grittiness, about how they're bringing back some of the story lines from the Netflix series. Uh you and I are huge fans of this particular story some details aside, of course, but it's a legendary story and I think it makes a lot of sense to bring it to the screen. And I hope that they managed to capture some of the high points of the of the Netflix Stair Devil series, which I think, when it was good, was truly great. Like even I agree, I think there were too many episodes in every season. That said, every single season of Netflix's Daredevil had at least two reaction moments that made you go holy shit, And if they can capture that, it'll be awesome.
Speaker 4: I also think as well, like it's it's hard to understate how much impact those shows had. I mean they even changed the way people were making opening credits. That Dare Devil opening credits where it's like the AUTI melting head. So however, like that influenced the way they were making Prestige TV opening credits to this day.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to see that.
Speaker 4: Also extremely weird but kind of official, you know, recognition of these characters being in this space.
Speaker 3: In the what if episode that came.
Speaker 4: Out recently, very controversial episode about Howard the Duck and Darcy giving an egg, there is actually a moment where they're on the grand Master's Grand Cruise about to eat the baby's the baby egg.
Speaker 3: This is all real, guys.
Speaker 4: Sorry there was a spoiler, but you will have already watched it at this point. But in that moment, Karen Page and Matt Murdoch are at that table about to eat that egg. So they're really in it now, like you're in You're in it. You're gonna be in a weird egg storyline, like it's you're in the Marvel universe for better or worse.
Speaker 3: But yeah, come wait to see that. I really want to see if Echo makes it in.
Speaker 4: I really want to see if some of the original series ideas before they did the full reshoot of it being more of a courtroom drama make it in. I thought that was very interesting. I want to see is Kinkin still superpowered. I want to see the return of Bullseye, what an incredible character like. I think there's a lot to be excited about. And I personally loved the combined MCU Netflix tone that Hawkeye with the introduction of Kingpin and Echoes managed to balance.
Speaker 3: So I really hope we get that.
Speaker 4: I don't need it to go full Netflix dark with like explicit sex scenes and stuff, but I would love to see that combined kind of tone because I think that's something new for Marvel and I think is very exciting.
Speaker 1: Same Also March, Greta Gerwig's first post Barbie movie. Screenplay by Greta Gerwag and Aaron Crista Wilson. The film, directive by Mark web is the live action adaptation of Snow White Stelzeglar Greta going Greta Growig On on the pen.
Speaker 3: This has been a very controversial movie.
Speaker 4: As you're normal, complaining, disabled person, I am here to say I am very pissed off about these CGI dwarves.
Speaker 3: I think that's a terrible idea, Like are we still live and telling job like pa, and maybe like look.
Speaker 4: Into the way that that has been portrayed and the way that disability has been portrayed in fairy Tales. Obviously controversial casting of Galgano. Also controversial because sweet Rachel Zegler, who I do I think is very talented, she was given it's a Greta going script, so I totally understand this. And obviously the press note she was given is like feminist, like she's gonna save herself, like because snow White has one of the most famous non consensual kissing sequences in fairy tale children's literature, and it hasn't necessarily been received well by fans of the original or people who just hate women. So I'm I'm rooting for her.
Speaker 3: But also it is.
Speaker 4: Rare that one of these live action Disney movies really hits for me.
Speaker 1: The live action experiment in general, I think has been I think we can say has been fairly spotty.
Speaker 4: Fairly spotty, I think that's a great way of putting it. But let's see, let's see what happens, it will probably make Disney a lot of money, because they always do, even the ones, even the.
Speaker 3: Ones you think you haven't, you'll be like, that is right.
Speaker 4: Cinderella the remake, I guess what it made, like hundreds of millions of dollars, So I'm sure though, I will say Mafasa it didn't have that big opening they were thinking of, maybe it's gonna have those legs. So this could be an interesting year for Disney because they got some big Hitsmila.
Speaker 1: Is a tough one because it's like they're just anyway up next April, Oh Baby, and Or season two.
Speaker 3: It's the most expensive.
Speaker 4: Star War was the thing that's ever been made, six hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: They are dropping the bag on and Or season two. I was surprised by this number simply because obviously and Or a huge critical hit.
Speaker 3: But was not that not like a subscription driver that they usually look at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm surprised that said. Star Wars. I think needs some positive pub right now, seeing as how there's the movies are very very far away at this point. We don't know when we're gonna get another Star Wars movie, So it's.
Speaker 3: Been a long time since we had one.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since we had one. We don't know where we're gonna get another one, so I think certainly we would expect that and or season two is going to be critically beloved and we are tremendously, tremendously excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and honestly, like spend money on something that's good Disney, Like we always say it, like obviously you know me, I'm a little bleeding hot guy. I'm like, that's a one hundred and fifty million dollars could have gone to so many different things, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's getting spent by Disney.
Speaker 4: And at least they're spending it on a show that is impactful and interesting and thoughtful. And I hope a lot of the cast and crew got great money from this.
Speaker 3: And I'm very excited.
Speaker 4: And speaking of another space thing that we are excited for, Bong Jun, who's post parasite movie starring Robert Pattinson doing a silly voice Mickey seventeen. It's coming out and I'm very excited. I love it when Robert Pattinson does a silly voice.
Speaker 2: I love same.
Speaker 5: Bong Ju to an event, it's an event, and when it's an event, when Bong Jo who releases a movie, and it's an event when Pattinson says, you know what, let me let me go into my box of strange voices, Yes, and just pick a crazy one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And apparently he actually the first voice he did bo Jin who turned down because I think he was trying to do like a kind of like stoner surfer guy voice or so it was like a really ridiculous pull when you.
Speaker 3: See what the comparison was. But guess what he turned down.
Speaker 4: This is based on a novel called Mickey seven, which is a very fun kind of like I would say, like quite a simplistic, like enjoyable sci fi novel, and the concept is that Robert Pattinson's character he essentially signed up to be a replaceable clone who gets sent on crazy missions and dies every time, and then it's kind of reborn with the memories of his previous self and there is a strange occurrence where he may not be the only Mickey, and then that kind of sets him on like.
Speaker 3: A moral wild romp.
Speaker 4: This is also Bon Jinghun's first English movie since Snowpiser, which Snowpistler, very underrated, go back and watch it.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: Also has one of my legendary film moments from Hollywood history, which is that bon Jinghoun wanted to keep a scene in with a fish being like butchered, and Harvey Weinstein was like, no, you can and have that scene. Americans don't want to see it, and Bonging Who is like, my dad was a fisherman, I need to keep it in there, and Harvey was like, okay, but that was just a lie. So Famous lied to Harvey wat great, great.
Speaker 1: Who moment, fantastic Bonglore up next May Thunderbolts, Oh asterisk?
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be good?
Speaker 1: It certainly seems as if Disney slash Marvel slash Kevin Fagging believe that it will.
Speaker 3: Be big pre Comic Book Day movie.
Speaker 4: It's been a while since we had a comic book movie on free Comic Book Day weekend, and this trailer that they cut together looks like it's fantastic. And the best episode of What If Season three is the episode that seems to directly correlate to the chemistry that in this movie, which is the chemistry between Red Guardian and Bucky.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for this.
Speaker 4: I was not excited before that trailer, but I think they've got something really interesting here. A little bit Phase one in its tone, a little bit sassy, a little bit you know, meta, a little bit funky, a little bit referential to other action movies that have come before it, kind of like The Winter Soldier was with Cold War movies.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this looks it looks great. I'm excited for it.
Speaker 1: Is Bob the Century? We seem to have a soft confidence. Yes, I think it is the Central Century, which because the century is the century like a superpowered guy.
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 1: And do they go the full alternate? Also long century?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Everybody forgot about?
Speaker 4: A long leading kind of like almost like an Agent Coulson style character where you just have Bob and nobody really knows who he is, and then you post credits seen him it's the Century.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I still long for the version where this was Steven Num.
Speaker 4: But you know what, that's all good because I'm happy for him, and I hope he's living his best life, probably working on some incredible movie. In fact, he has a movie coming out in twenty twenty five with Kristin Stewart. I believe it is called Love Me, and it is about them being a boy and like a space shuttle who fall in love. So sure, I'm sure that would be great. Also in may Lelo and Stitch Live Action. Speaking of my action, people seem excited for this one because the redesign on Stitch looks cool. The little girl who is playing Lelo is very sassy. I've seen her in a lot of funny interviews, and you know what, if there's one that I'm rooting for to work, it's this one because this movie meets so much for people.
Speaker 2: I was vacationing in.
Speaker 1: Kauhi, the Island, the beautiful Garden Island of Kawhi late last summer and I passed through Hauntera, Pepe, which is the town where Lelo is from, and they have wonderful like Lelo murals all over the place. It is definitely a claim of fame. So I'm rooting for this one, folks. For I'm hoping this one is good. And I do think that this is the kind of this is like the kind of Disney Live Action that has a shot.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree, And also as well, I like that they redesigned Stitch. Also, we are in a Lilo and Stitch renaissance, like at the little Comic shop we have in Crafted Market in sam Pedro, we have a TV with a VHS and every single kid who comes in if we let we say, hey, pick a VHS if it's come to an end or something, they will always pick Lilo and Stitch.
Speaker 3: We have the Lelo and Stitch clamshow. Kids love it.
Speaker 4: When I was in London this year, Primark was just full of Lilo and Stitch stuff. My sister and the kids had a Lilo and Stitch Christmas tree. So I think when it comes to rewatches, we all know that Mohana is famously the most watched movie on Disney Plus, but I would say Lelo and Stitch is probably pretty high up there because the kids are loving Lelo and Stitch.
Speaker 3: So I hope this one is cool and fun.
Speaker 4: And also it was kind of low key when it came out, so it's nice to see it getting this reappraisal and also this potential for it to kind of reach a new audience, so it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: I'm reading for that one too.
Speaker 1: Let's take a.
Speaker 2: Break and we'll be right back and for a work on and we're back.
Speaker 1: We are in the month of June in our twenty twenty five look at which brings us to twenty eight years oh later. Danny Boyle, he's back a decade and a half since the sequel to twenty eight days Later twenty eight months later was released. We are getting the third act in the trilogy twenty eight years later, following the effects of a zombie virus release on the world, and now we're catching up twenty eight years later. It does seem as if the zomb bombies picking up where twenty eight months later left off, that there are some kind of sentient ish, sentient ish zombies, people who are maybe kind of immune to the full ravaging effects of the zombie virus, and that they have their own kind of culture.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, it also looks like there's some kind of zombie cults, which I'm very into. We got Aaron Taylor Johnson, we got kille and Murphy returning.
Speaker 3: You may have spotted him in the trailer. That's very controversial.
Speaker 4: Also, we have Ray Fiens, who seems like potentially he could be one of those zombie type people.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited for this. It looks great also interesting.
Speaker 4: Sparked a lot of combo in the discord is that they've already announced a sequel that will be directed by Nia da Costa that will come out in twenty twenty six, so they're obviously hoping for this to be like a full franchise.
Speaker 1: Next up, the john Wick Averse continues to expand with the release of John Wick Ballerina Well, directed by Underworld ur Tour. And when I say Underworld ur Tour, I mean the Underworld Werewolf versus Vampire Underworld Lenn Wiseman. Wow, incredible, So uh, let's see how this goes.
Speaker 3: The vibes are gonna be weird.
Speaker 2: The vibes are gonna be weird.
Speaker 1: I've not been a fan of like the extended John Wick universe.
Speaker 4: The TV show that they did did not hit for me the Continental, but this, this I did see. The trailer looks like it's got great action. I'm interested to see. It feels like it should have come out like four years ago, but that's the nature of living through a pandemic.
Speaker 3: It does. But yeah, that will be interesting.
Speaker 4: June it could be a month where they're like all flops didn't deliver or it could be a little a little spicy month with a with a horror hit and a runaway kind of All those John Wick movies tend to do really well in the cinema.
Speaker 3: So I'll be interested to see it. Ana Damas, She's great.
Speaker 1: And I will be interested to see it. And I will say also when I say that Lenn Wizman is the thewer of the Underworld, he really is hit Like, how many one, two, maybe three?
Speaker 3: That's five?
Speaker 1: Six of his eight movies are underworld movies. Yeah, so which of which I think many are good fun I enjoy those.
Speaker 3: The world fan.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: Next we go to July, and boy, this is it.
Speaker 3: This is the big win.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be the month that saves the movies. That's gonna be the story for next year. Is how Summer twenty twenty five saved movie?
Speaker 4: Could that be a world in which we have two billion dollar movies in July.
Speaker 3: Potentially could even be three.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie because when Jurassic World came out.
Speaker 1: The rest of the world loves the Jurassic World.
Speaker 4: And getting English people like me, So I I will say, obviously, fast up, Superman, it's looking it's gonna be huge. It's gonna be huge. I think that I was talking to when I went to the trailer launch, talking to the Warner Brothers crew, and I was saying to them, like, I think they did such a smart.
Speaker 3: Job of releasing that trailer just before the.
Speaker 1: Most wat trailer.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, complete history, And I'm saying, like that got people hopeful before Christmas. It gave people something to be happy about in the face.
Speaker 3: Of like a really rough end of the year, and.
Speaker 4: It got people excited, and it made it feel like this is going to be the year of Superman.
Speaker 3: I actually kind of forgot the next and obviously.
Speaker 4: We have a Superman trailer at Breakdown episode if you want to go and listen to that, but it kind of made me forget that Fantastic four is coming out that month too.
Speaker 1: And that's now we are, you know, just gazing at the calendar right now, we are due for a trailer at some point.
Speaker 3: I'm like, when is it coming?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 1: Are we concerned? All that we've seen nothing there has been this kind of It's kind of like it's the education video right the previous trailer.
Speaker 4: I think they've got to show us something really really soon.
Speaker 1: I think in the literally in the next few weeks, maybe like a New Year's kind of like New Year's Day futuristic.
Speaker 4: Also very interesting that we're gonna have two movies coming out in the same month that are essentially reimagining the superhero worlds as we know it, because both Fantastic Four and Superman as far as we know, are gonna be set in some kind of old universe futuristic, with Fantastic Four kind of more grounded in Superman, and obviously with the Fantastic Four, we're all kind of guessing at some point.
Speaker 3: That will collide with the real MCU as we know it. But yeah, gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: And that's without as we said, even mentioning the fact that this could maybe be a.
Speaker 3: Three billion dollar month.
Speaker 4: They could launch three billion dollar movies because we do have the relaunch of Jurassic World Rebirth, which is starring Fiero from Wicked Jonathan Bailey, coming off like another movie that's probably gonna be a billion dollars. His star has risen immeasurably since Bridgeton Season two, even though he was already fantastic in that and it has Scarlett Jrhnson, who we know via the MCU has helmed many massive blockbusters as Black Widow. Yeah, I mean I love these Jurassic World movies. I'm very interested to know what the new take is. Obviously they're not a scratch on the original Jurassic Park movies, but I just love a movie with a dinosaur. We last left the Jurassic World in a state where the dinosaurs had become a part of the everyday ecosism. It's going to be interesting to see if this ties into that. If it is a rebirth for the franchise.
Speaker 3: A lot of us thought they.
Speaker 4: Were going to do a different era so we would no longer be Jurassic but obviously they want to keep that one recognizable thing from the criton books. So yeah, it's going to be interesting if they could bring If they could do a Jurassic World movie that was critically acclaimed and it wasn't just like oh Dinosaurs, which I love the O Dinosaurs part, that could really be a contender for a Crazy July.
Speaker 1: Next up August, we have The Eyes of Wakanda Television. Sure is another show that feels highly anticipated and that we have seen nothing from, which leads me to be somewhat concerned.
Speaker 4: Apart from like A, I think we may have gotten like a one second clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really a second let's put this in.
Speaker 4: I hope this is more in the space of an X Men ninety seven than A but I think this comes from the Wife era. So I'm interested to see what happens by trust Ryan Coogler. So yeah, and August, that is going to be an interesting release month because if you have a good team show in August, you could really be horror. You could be taking the kind of you could be taking the crown of conversation of water cooler conversation. Because otherwise it's like Thread and Insidious Tale. Those movies are gonna make a ton of money. James Wan is a horror He's a horror beast like he has made the most profitable horror franchises of all time. So I'm sure that a new Insidious movie is gonna make a ton of money.
Speaker 3: Thread I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: That it will be about the creepy creature, the kind of astro projecting creature from those movies who you often he looks like Darth Moore. You see him on a sewing machine. And the highly anticipated but also currently highly being dragged for its color grading. Freaky Friday movie Seek Wel Freaky a Friday that will star both Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan, who is on a Korea resurgence, yes, reprising.
Speaker 1: Their roles from the original Freaky Friday, exactly one of the classic body switches of all time, which is itself a reimagining of the original Freagure fighting. Anyway, that brings us to September. Lots of horror movies. Saw eleven, Oh, we're sawing again.
Speaker 4: We're Sawing again, and I will say Saw ten, Saw X as it was called, which was actually a prequel. It was it was an in between I can't remember what we discermined the term was, but it's basically an in between movie between I believe Saw one and Saw two, I think. But that movie actually incredibly well received, critically, very interesting, contextual law adding and also about how terrible the privatized health industry can be.
Speaker 3: So that definitely re.
Speaker 4: In It reignited people's interest in the Saw franchise outside of kind of the campy nature of the latest Saw entries.
Speaker 3: So I'm interested to see what they do with Sore eleven because that was really an unexpected hit.
Speaker 1: I think Conjuring and the Conjuring jump scare classic series. The Conjuring is expanding to the Conjuring Last rites.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is gonna be the final movie about the Warring James Waern is back, Yes, is back.
Speaker 2: Patrick Wilson is back.
Speaker 3: You better make Patrick Wilson sing again. Let him let him sing.
Speaker 4: I watched that video of him singing I can't help falling in love with you in The Conjuring too so often. But yeah, this will be the last movie about the Warrens in this franchise, the Conjuring Us that launched with the Conjuring and became this kind of sprawling universe, including the nun and I believe the Laalarna movie was in that universe. That is the most profitable horror franchise of all time. James wand legend. I love this for him, and I love that he's getting his respect. Also, it's gonna be interesting because these Conjuring movies are now made I believe under the Blumhouse Atomic Monster kind of combined universe.
Speaker 3: So that's interesting. And also this one is.
Speaker 4: Going to be really intriguing. The Bride I am very very intrigued. Written and directed by Maggie Gillenhall.
Speaker 1: The Bride is a reimagining of the Bride of Frankenstein that is now hold on, let's give her the benefit of the doubt, apparently also a musical. I am very excited and in nineteen twenties. Yes, we've seen nothing from this movie, but I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Is I think Christian Baylis Frankenstein. I may be incorrect. Let's see who's Frankenstein?
Speaker 4: Because I saw an image of this and and he had like Joker style tattoos, and I was loving it because it's like it's like he's been cut up of different parts. Oh yeah, and there's a great image of Oh yeah, I'm correct. It is it is Christian Baylist Frankenstein. And then the Bride is actually being played by a really brilliant actress, Jesse Buckley, who was in Men and who has been in a bunch of other stuff. And it looks very interesting. It's in the nineteen twenties. I think it's like a gangst the movie too, So this sounds wild.
Speaker 3: But I love Maggie Jillenhall, so good for you. Can't wait to see it.
Speaker 1: She's extremely talented. Up next October the release of the you know, a much talked about Marvel Zombies series, which is another thing that we've seen nothing else.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, Marvel like release some stuff. Guys.
Speaker 1: Is a storyline that at least in the comics, has a lot of fans.
Speaker 4: And the kids love it nowadays, like the ten year olds. They've discovered it on YouTube. They love horror, they love the zombies. That I think is gonna be in that more if space, but could be very interesting. We're gonna get a lot of cameos, a lot of characters. I don't think it's gonna have a huge impact on what we see in the movies, but it could still be a fun Halloween release. If they go real hard on the horror, I think we could really have something fun there.
Speaker 1: Mortal Kombat two, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: The first one for this was a Max original day to day release during COVID still made a ton of money at the box office.
Speaker 3: Very campy, very fun, just totally rad.
Speaker 4: If you love the original Wall Combat games, if you love Mortal Kombat, the movies from the nineties, the very silly movies, you will likely enjoy this great action, incredible cast.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited to see what they do with Mortal Kombat two.
Speaker 1: And then rounding out the month of October Tron aries. I'm a fan of the Tron movies, even when they're bad. Oh love Tron legacy.
Speaker 3: Punk incredible soundtrack. I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Jared Lefto lover, so that is a little bit of a like, what's going to happen there?
Speaker 3: But you never know.
Speaker 4: I want to see those guys on those light cycles, so I will be.
Speaker 2: There as we go to November.
Speaker 1: Predator Bad Lance, the latest movie in the Predator franchise.
Speaker 4: I believe, if I'm not mistaken, I heard I read a report recently that the Predator this is El Fanning in a Predator movie that is a sci fi movie. That my understanding is the Predator is the protagonist in this movie, so I'm very interested to see where that goes. Now, we've kind of seen that, we've often had a Predator who in the face of an alien as anymore.
Speaker 3: Ally, but this apparently.
Speaker 4: Is a super futuristic sci fi and the Predator is the protagonist, so I'll be interested to see where that goes. I love pretty much every Predator movie, honestly, even Predators. I thought that was good. I haven't seen The Predator. I never took my time to see it the shamee black one, but otherwise I'm a Predator fan.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sounds kind of a mess, but whatever. Next up in the month of November the movie. This movie will be a huge It is Wicked Part two. Ben Shapiro can't wait.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: We can't wait.
Speaker 3: It's pretty great.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's great, and they recently renamed it for the Wicked stands out there Wicked for Good, which, if you know, you're gonna be crying. So yeah, I can't wait. Probably after because this has been a very weird Oscar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You can hear us talk about our awards predictions in our Awards prediction episode. But this is gonna be coming out in the face of maybe Wicked doing a sweep at the Oscars, or at least the mini sweep.
Speaker 3: So very interesting.
Speaker 4: Also, November big time for sequels because it's Utopia too, a movie I didn't know they were making, and I usually know about most movies. But yes, the Rabbit cop is back and she's friends with the Fox and they're living in a beautiful world and maybe.
Speaker 3: Shakira will do a song again.
Speaker 2: Yes, the long way. I mean it's one.
Speaker 1: Was the last one twenty.
Speaker 2: Sixteen or something.
Speaker 3: People utopias did.
Speaker 1: Not know it was coming out either next December. Oh, here it is books. Oh maybe you're not gonna have to wait another fifteen years or whatever for the Avatar sequel. Here it comes Avatar Fire and ash my.
Speaker 3: Got this man. I swear to God one day who's among you will write about.
Speaker 4: The fact that this man to take it away from Avatar the Lost Airbender and then proceeded to make an Avatar the Lost Airbender inspired film franchise. I gotta know, guys, I just gotta know. But I'm interested to do. I'm interested to see what happens. You know what I love when I see when these Avatar movies come out. They're not for me, but you know what I love. I see people just infused with the love of cinema and the experience of seeing a movie on the big screen. So I'm once again happy for all my Avatar loving friends to be their I, on the other hand, will be seeing fanaf to five Nights at Freddy's Too, five night Blumbhouse. Yes, the sequel, budget, big budget hit movie about evil animatronics that are haunted by the souls of dead children that were put in there by the manager of the animatronic factory, whose name is William Afton, who is a child killer. This is a popular game among children and I absolutely love how deranged it is and the prosthetic suits that were made in the first movie made by the Henson Company, just absolutely fantastic. Yeah, if you like kid horror, I would say this is very much in the vein of like are You Afraid of the Dark? Whose bumps esque vibe? So I would definitely say check that out. I'm sure it's streaming on Peacock because it was a Universal movie. And thank you to Universal for putting this movie out on December fifth, which is my nephew's birthday, and he is the biggest five nights of Freddie's fan in the world, so that made him so happy. And I will be there watching it with him in London most likely.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and then we'll be right back to talk about some of the upcoming TV shows. TV shows are twenty twenty five and don't have dates that don't have dates ready. First of all, Stranger Things season five, the final season Children. The children are thirty fucking years.
Speaker 3: Old at this all like a foot and a half to all of them.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this is it the big ending of the series, and I would expect that they're gonna continue to spin off that this world. They're not gonna leave it here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe I feel like this could definitely be a movie situation. Feels like there's enough fandom last season surprising kind of re invigoration of the fandom with characters like Eddie Munson. So I'll be interested to see if this hits the same way. Hopefully it does. People love this show. I love eighties music, so I'm sure I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Next up the Last of Us Season two on Max Oh, get Ready for the heartbreak?
Speaker 3: Get Ready? Will this come out?
Speaker 2: Grim action?
Speaker 1: Yes? Is gonna be big.
Speaker 2: I think this is.
Speaker 4: I feel like it will, but I feel like it's it's It must be so complex right now to have a show that was as successful as the Last of Us to know what you have to do in season two, if you're even vaguely going by the games, and also the money they must be spending on this show, the timing late twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five, I think it's late twenty twenty five summer into summer, you know, like the old Game of Thrones release, which was like April through the summer ending in October or something like that.
Speaker 3: That's my guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Next up, Night of the Seven Kingdoms, also on Max.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't wait for this. This is maybe my most anticipated show because I just the moments that we've seen, the just the snippets, the photos. It just looks exactly like the tone I want. Like it's like a Robin hood esque, like adv esque, but in that brutal Game of Thrones world.
Speaker 1: That This is an adaptation of George R. Martin's Duncan Egg novella's which follow the Hedge Night Sir Dunk and the Tall and his adventures with Egg, the young Prince Egg on Targarian and they wander around, they get into lots of adventures, lots of trouble. The books are wonderful, yes, and you so fun.
Speaker 4: You We may have some fun book coverage for that in the New Year too. Others the Bast season four. How they make it so many seasons, Jason, They are banging.
Speaker 3: That stuff out boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: Every year there's a new Bast season, and they are sweeping up at the Emmys.
Speaker 1: They are sweeping up hopefully not in the Comedy Awards session.
Speaker 4: Maybe move them, Maybe this time they move them. Are the big hits that we probably you for a season three? Will it ever come out?
Speaker 3: That's the longing.
Speaker 2: Say.
Speaker 1: They say that it's really gonna happen now, Okay, contractually, of course, I think they have to do so thing there of course has been, you know, a lot of drama around the working conditions, about the creator and how much of the workload he is taking on the failure Yes and so and.
Speaker 4: Is like the biggest star on Earth right now. Dune To just was announced Christopher Nolan. I hope they're paying her so much money. She also award winner after these, after Euphoria. So yeah, I'm very interested to see that Wednesday season two. A lot of our Discord lovers love the Adams family. I'm sure that will be fun. Lady Gaga is going to be in Wednesday season two. Hell sure, maybe there'll be a song.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for the final season of Cobra Kai, which I believe they are now calling. I think Cobrachai season seven. Maybe it got split up into different seasons over the last bit.
Speaker 3: Love That been a really delightful show and then.
Speaker 1: Just Rising Surprising, a very surprising and heartfelt ride the Cobra Kai series.
Speaker 3: And also you may forget guys.
Speaker 4: That show began as a YouTube original series and it did so unbelievably well that after YouTube TV basically ended, Netflix picked it up and Love and Behold now it's one of the biggest shows on that Love that show also ending just in time for a movie we didn't talk about that.
Speaker 3: I believe it's coming out in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Karai Kid Legends, which is a Jackie Chan Ralph Machio team up where they're kind of combining the movie chronicles and it doesn't seem to be connected to Cobra Kai. Very interesting, but I love anything Karate Kids, so I'll probably watch that too.
Speaker 1: So that has been our twenty twelve year roundup. We're excited to see how things shake out. It's gonna be in this year of Superman, Will Captain America, Brave New World fall flat on its face, the Fantastic Negative pr cycle.
Speaker 4: Be able to save the MCU in the I'm will Kevin Feigey and Disney want it to putting out against Superman.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is gonna be a crazy July. Jason, that's my last same month. It's gonna be crazy. I can't wait. Well.
Speaker 1: On the next few episodes of x Ora Vision, we're diving into Skeleton Croove of course, and our reactions to the third season of Marvel's What If That's it? For this episode, they will say. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Kitsumsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producers are Joelle Smith and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Boo Zafar. Our producers are Carmen Laurent and Mia Taylor. Our theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 4: Special thanks to Soul Rubin and Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi a Discoord Moderata