Speaker 1: The plumber is gone. Oh no, no, it's good, no good, oh good good.
Speaker 2: Oh she died or something.
Speaker 1: There's a dead body at my partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gone bad because him, good because he deserved it better.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three ninety, episode two of Deadly Yes. Production by her Radio Woo. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, May twenty eighth, twenty twenty five. We're still in the portion of the date that is the same ford and backward. I think so. I'm still excited about that. Over here. The great thing to impress children in elementary school. They think that's pretty cool. My name is Jack O'Brien aka shoot Roids in my feet sees, I need some arch support. Dana gymnastics, Danna weightlifting, don't give a fuck if a dram myself swimming. That one courtesy of Poppa Roach. Nah, that wasn't Pop wrote the original one. Jeffrey Kingston wrote the Sorry I should have finished that, Nana. This is steroids in sports or something. Anyways, that's in honor of the Steroid Olympics. That they're gonna do very exciting Yeah, Las Vegas. Where else We're gonna get to see people sprint and swim and lift weights. But like the sprint agains, swimming will look like it on like one point one Speed on Netflix playback and everyone will be amazed. I loved the idea in theory, and now an execution. I'm just like, this isn't going to be I was picturing people jumping out of the pool dolphin style, and that.
Speaker 1: Is launching out, Yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Flying out doing what?
Speaker 3: What are the rules of this? Just like any drugs or any thing, it's.
Speaker 4: Got to be prescribed by a doctor who helps people cheat at sports, like the thing.
Speaker 1: You have to be a real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well awesome.
Speaker 3: My only question is does doctor Moreau count because I do want a dolphin man, I know.
Speaker 4: And really we need doctor Moreau in this ship otherwise it's really going to be just fucking nothing. Yeah. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined in our second seat today by hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer you know from the jos This Racist podcast.
Speaker 3: It's Andrew tren Be honest, I didn't no time for a little little fun song.
Speaker 2: Ak.
Speaker 3: I went on the discord.
Speaker 4: I finally got on the.
Speaker 3: Discordd discord and I was looking at y'all's little AKA Suggestion channel and the first four were about piss and I just deleted discord from my phone and I'll never see you. Yeah, I assume something something, something would piss.
Speaker 4: And I went one time and I was just honest. I came out. I was like, it was like, it's dead, you know, it's bullying. Yeah. I came off and I my pants were wet, but I was like, I swear I didn't piss myself. But the ride was like scary, so nobody believed me. And I landed on wood to Ice, so somebody must have like spilled on the ride before I was on there, but nobody believed me. And the nobody believed me has extended to our listeners, who now all the akas they write are just about me pissing my pants to blame. I wow you Yeah, it was like after I stopped drinking too before absolutely I would I would absolutely piss my pants and blame it on water ice. But years of sobriety and still.
Speaker 1: Does it mean nothing to them?
Speaker 3: I know exactly well, your secondary bullying has worked, has worked because I am also I'm just fully.
Speaker 4: Bullied you right off the and do you see what you've done? Zeit Gang?
Speaker 3: This is I was gonna say unacceptable, but I guess everyone you know, have your fun.
Speaker 4: Your little about to get mad at Andrew for calling our aka discord, our little aka discord. But you see what I'm getting at. But now you know I have no leg to stand on. This is the thing we can't do. We can't give Andrew t the upper hand. Yeah he's gonna he's the one who told us about the Gish gallop.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I'm just full of insane to information that the Zeag has truly taken it was it was. I was just like pissed, no piss, no.
Speaker 4: Piss, No, you just gotta search your name. Skimmity toilet. Skimmity toilet is in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're back, NonStop toilet toilet of some kind.
Speaker 4: I am going to have to go see that movie like when it comes out, too, I've realized because I didn't want to see Lelo and Stitch this past weekend. But I wouldn't see Lelo and Stitch.
Speaker 1: Seems like everyone did. It made like half a billion dollars this week.
Speaker 4: Contractually obligated to see it. Yeah, it was wild. Anyways, Andrew were killed to be joined in our third seat by another one of the very faces on Mount Zeitmore. We've got a two first uh, an Emmy nominated writer, artist, comedian behind many of the most acclaimed podcasts like I Don't Know, The Act Cast, Ghost Church, The Bechdel Cast, which just head out Alison Bechdel herself on as a guest.
Speaker 1: Yes, what thrilling?
Speaker 4: So thrilling a sixteenth minute of fame. Obviously, She's the New York Times best selling author of Raw Dog, which just dropped its paperback edition. Please welcome back to the show. Is Jenny Upda.
Speaker 1: Aka Okay, I don't have a singing aka because I also forgot. However, I did have the following interaction that involves the Zeit Gang and perhaps even implicates zy Gang. Oh No, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania last week, where someone was like, coming, I did a book signing there and they were like, Hey, I'm Zeit Gang. I've been zeke Gang for six six and a half years or whatever. I was like, that's awesome, that's awesome, and then he's like and then he was like, why the hell don't Jack and Miles come to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I was like, I Cam, fuck, is the heal? Really?
Speaker 1: And then I think he realized that it sounded really.
Speaker 4: He threw us under the bus immediately. I hope you were like they're actually completely different. Behind the scenes. They're complete elitists. They wouldn't they would never.
Speaker 1: They don't leave LA but they But I was like, oh, I don't know. I'm assuming it's like they've got, you know, families, And he's like, well, it's pissing me off.
Speaker 4: And then he just walked away.
Speaker 1: Damn, you've got it's pissing him off. Name.
Speaker 4: I really am afraid of conflict. So don't be surprised when we have like a one stop tour where we just go to Harrisburg.
Speaker 1: You're starting to piss them off.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't please don't accost our guests, specifically faces on Mount Zeite Moore about things that we fucked up, because we fuck up constantly.
Speaker 1: We desire he bought a book, he hadn't bought a book. I'd be like, he's a menace to society and we need to shut down the network. But but No, he bought a book and you're starting to piss him off. I just wanted to as long.
Speaker 4: As it's a message to us and not like you know, him getting mad.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just I'm a mere vessel for the for the message that you have to get your ass down to Harrisburg because it's starting to piss the stack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do want to say.
Speaker 3: I pulled up Duck duckgo maps and I'm looking at Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and across the river there's either a neighborhood or a city called.
Speaker 4: Wormsley Burg, and that was the most delightful. Like it's the clearly the shitty Shelbyville to Harrisburg. We just really start picking a fight with this one, farmers.
Speaker 1: I will sat there Harrisburg. Like most beautiful books I've ever seen in my whole life was in Harrisburg. The midtown Scholar. You gotta go, Jack when you go, so you don't kiss this guy off.
Speaker 4: Please don't be mad at me. I'm impressed that Harrisburg has a midtown.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, it's got old midtown historical district right next to Fox Fridge Historic. Just I'm closing this map.
Speaker 4: How does Duck duck go maps. By the way, I have not used it for maps.
Speaker 3: My my ideological attempt to free myself from Google products has put me in a distinctly inferior class of technological services.
Speaker 4: That's been my experience with ducklet go. Just like the likely alternatives are less good. For sure, you just have to know where emails are because the box doesn't always work really well. Oh yeah, I think that person heiled me. Let me check.
Speaker 3: The tiny thing that is a little hardening is that whatever Duc Duco AI service they're pushing. Duc Duco AI clearly is just a dude, frantically frantic guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like early AI when it was just people freaking out, God the duck. This is the first time I'm hearing of duc duco.
Speaker 3: It's just a different one of these dude browser.
Speaker 1: I will say. The logo is pissing me off.
Speaker 4: It's just like a smile.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a little bow tie. I don't know, I just feel kind of condescended.
Speaker 4: To it was a smile. Yeah, what about that?
Speaker 1: Right, there's only one condescending guy in my browser, and they killed and they killed him.
Speaker 4: My one condescending browsert is dead. Okay, he's dead.
Speaker 1: Don't remind me.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like a royalty free Oh my god, not dark with Duckman. It's sort of like if Duckman was trying to dodge copyright infringement.
Speaker 4: Right right, yeah, anyway, shout out duck duco. I guess over Google relatively speaking, right, you're like.
Speaker 1: The competition is not stiff, but sure, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do? All right, Jamie, We're thrilled to have you back. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of stories that we may be talking about today. We might do a little internash check in with the Trump administration, just double checking, triple checking at this point that he is still a master negotiator. We will look at the trends in TV. There's a Wired article about Maga TV. The Maga TV era is here, and it is ill advised. You'll be surprised to learn. So we'll talk about all that plenty more. But first, Jamie Loft, as we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: This is a recent one. Snoopy museum membership benefits because I recently became a member of the Snoopy Museum.
Speaker 4: Where's the Snoopy Museum.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm so glad you asked. Maybe you notice my hat I'm wearing. I got it at the Snoopy Museum last week in Santa Rosa, California. Wows. It was the best. It was the best. It was. That's the end of the sentence. I finished a leg of my book tour in Pedaluma, which happens to be fifteen minutes from Santa Rosa. Convinced my fiance to drive seven hours to meet me in Santa Rosa so we could get to the Snoopy Museum expeditiously. It was amazing. I had the best time. I like really ended up spending all I dropped a lot of money at the Snoopy Museum. I was not expecting to.
Speaker 4: I became a.
Speaker 1: Memor I I was chatting up the docent. It was like it was just an incredible friday that I had.
Speaker 4: Favorite thing you saw at the Snoopy Museum.
Speaker 1: This guy named Dave Uh. I knew it the second There's a lot of amazing stuff. It's also the Charles Schultz Museum, but it's the Snoopy Museum. It's a huge, it's a huge. There's the Charles Schultz Museum and Research Institute. What they're researching there I didn't quite figure out, but uh there, but that's like the history of the Peanuts comic strip and the history of Charles Schultz himself. Then in the center is Snoopy's Home Ice, which is a large, gorgeous ice arena. Uh that Charles Schultz purchased when when it was almost shut down in Santa Rosa, like in the seventies, because he grew up in Minnesota and loved hockey, which is why we so often see Snoopy on what Zamboni's. So it's all connecting. And so I got we got lunch at the at the Little Ice Cafe. The warm puppy saw the Snoopy Zamboni and then we went next door. There's a third building and that's all Snoopy. That's where they're making the big.
Speaker 4: Bucks is over the real research.
Speaker 1: The Snoopy Gallery is a gigantic gift store full of Snoopies. So I just had the time of my life. I became a member. I talked to this guy Dave. Okay, this guy Dave, this is going to take forty minutes, just.
Speaker 4: So you know, let's go. We don't have anything else to talk about.
Speaker 1: This guy Dave, he was the first guy we spoke to. Sorry, wait, what was your questioner.
Speaker 4: Super shark question?
Speaker 3: Just because you're an expert, Jamie, do you think you could train a bagle to drive a Zamboni?
Speaker 1: I've seen it happen. I've seen it happen. It was a cartoon, but it surely is based on something I look Snoopy is the only cartoon the reason I'm I wasn't particularly like a Peanuts kid, but like Snoopy is the only character that has life since with Zamboni ever. Oh and so I happened to have a bunch of Snoopy stuff because I have a bunch of Zamboni stuff. And then it just overtime, the algorithm got to me, I guess. But this guy Dave at the front, he was a volunteer docent. He's a longtime Santa Rosa resident. I was talking to him about Kathy because Charles Schultz was a mentor of Kathy. Guy's white So we were chatting about Kathy and he was like, oh, here's where the Kathy stuff is because they had some letters changed. It was really cool. But then the twist with Dave, I was like, how did you get involved at the museum and he was like, well, I was one of the children and the Christmas Time is here chorus and yeah when the special he was like, I was eleven. They gave us five dollars in an ice cream cone and like everyone in Santa Rosa has a beautiful memory with Charles. It's really really nice.
Speaker 3: And you called after I reported, I said, we got it.
Speaker 1: Exzuom him and we got it.
Speaker 4: Yell at him.
Speaker 1: It was it was so awesome. Anyways, I became a member and I was like, what are even them? And there's actually pretty cool benefits, that's all.
Speaker 4: You weren't even like it's it just kind of came through your Zamboni obsession.
Speaker 1: It was like a Zamboni obsession. Also, I think the algorithm, I think a lot of people have had this experience.
Speaker 4: Really fucking love Snoopy. I've just been I've been noticing a Snoopy resurgence.
Speaker 1: Of the algorithm loves Snoopy because I was getting I was getting a ton to the point where like around two years ago. It was like, I guess I love Snoopy. It wasn't really like my childhood. My mom is really confused that I've become a member of the Snoopy Museum. I was like, you know, it's whatever they're doing, it's the one good thing the algorithm is done for me. Has brought me to Santa Rosa, to the Snoopy Museum. Yeah, I had the time of my life. Feel forever changed. I am getting a T shirt in the mail. I also have eight guest passes. So if you guys want to go wow, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Does it refresh annually or yes?
Speaker 3: Total.
Speaker 1: So if you guys want to go on a road trip to Santa Rosa, I could bring bring everyone.
Speaker 3: I think you should save one slot for a sort of zeich Gang competition show for one ticket.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I say when I say you, I mean everyone listening is welcome.
Speaker 4: I would never go to Santa by the way, it's the Harrisburg of California.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Of course, would only go Justin of course you cut yeah, yeah, Justin, we don't. We don't leave any of me being elitist in the podcast Justin Knows good chapter.
Speaker 3: I would only go to the pig Pen Museum. Pig Pen is by far my favorite character.
Speaker 1: He's your guy. We all have a guy.
Speaker 3: I took Mushrooms in the Woods a couple of weeks ago, and the only thing that I remember coming out of it was someone should do a swamp Thing meets the Peanuts crossover where swamp Thing decides that he and Pigpen are the elementals of the Earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds like you should be doing. You should be working at the Charles M. Schultz Museum and research therooms and like pitching ideas. I feel like this is all the type of research we need to do. Yeah, people doing there.
Speaker 3: That What it actually is is the one time JV and I worked together that would that's about fifteen seconds worth of okay material for a.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you were cooking out there the show with Mushrooms in the Woods energy.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: What the wait? The last thing about the Stoopy Museum I was. I was in the crafts room and there was another dozent named Mona and she's like looking at me funky. It's like, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: I don't have a child with me, so what yah?
Speaker 1: But no, then she came over. She was like, I was at your book signing last name what so shout out moan the whole staff of the Snoopy Museum. They know what's going on.
Speaker 4: They're cool. I can't imagine like a better group of like you can just assume that those are all great people, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can confirm they're there. It was just the best.
Speaker 3: I might seriously buy this paperbacked Peanuts T shirt that they have in their March story.
Speaker 4: Isn't it so much?
Speaker 1: It's really cute?
Speaker 4: Do you now that you're snoopy pilled? Do you like consume Snoopy stuff or is it just kind of the vibe like are you reading Peanuts strips?
Speaker 1: I've read some Peanuts strips during during when I was working on actcast a while ago. I mean, I now Peanuts strips are just served to me on Instagram every single day, and so I I do kind of read a lot of Peanuts, and so many of them are actually funny. I think with people. I think people like loop it in with like, you know, more sort of dry prescriptive comic strips, but like three times exactly, I mean, he was cooking, like he was really saying some ship I love how they.
Speaker 3: Just openly hate on Charlie Brown in a way that like, for there's so mean to him in a way that is just wonderful.
Speaker 1: For like, yeah, the first strip ever was like Charlie Brown were walking past two girls minding his business and and they're just like, I hate it.
Speaker 3: Great, I listen. There's obviously no use for AI, but if there ever was one, it would be generate me a Peanuts comic strip where they can say fuck and that difference.
Speaker 1: Just let's get our greatest artists on it.
Speaker 4: Let's let's yes, the greatest artist of our generations. Favorite artist. I mean, you know I'm a little ahead of the time, but yeah, that's my favorite artist. Is uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll do over it and underrated. We might even talk about some news. We'll be right back. Just drank a milkshake was so funny, just to keep that. Keep that, Jack.
Speaker 3: If you ever drank a milkshake on air, I feel like, I don't know it would lose milkshake so much.
Speaker 4: Do you guys like milk shakes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah I have. I like to keep them bi annual.
Speaker 4: Do you I like, Oh yeah, I don't eat them much because they fuck up my justice system so badly.
Speaker 1: I love the ones that Bob's like, yeah, Bob, Bob's big, Bob's big, real good.
Speaker 3: I've never had one of those, I am. I mean, obviously McDonald's complicted in more crimes, but I do love a shamrock shake. I guess I could get a midship somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Yeah you can't. Yeah, impossible.
Speaker 1: Just add a stick of gum to three scoops of ice cream.
Speaker 4: Just three squeezes of Crests toothpaste into a vanilla milkshake.
Speaker 1: How hard could it be?
Speaker 4: It's even colored like toothpaste. Jamie, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say the Snoopy Museum, but I've already talked about Okay, so no, I was gonna say children. I've got more than there was a third docent. In general, children's show hosts, I feel like are are underrated, and not among parents of young children. But I just have been thinking about children's show hosts more recently a lot because of miss Rachel, who is like just really doing the good work in a way that it seems like absolute nobody else is kind of in that space right now. I can't imagine how challenging. I know that like her home got swatted, like it just sounds like it's been diver But yeah, but the way that she's been advocated for Palestinian kids is just like really amazing. And again, it just doesn't seem like other people in that space have been speaking up, certainly not to the same degree. And so I've just been thinking a lot about how, you know, and how that feels. So mister Rogers, I know, yeah, like that that is the other person who really comes to mind where it's like someone that was willing to, you know, put their career in the line in order to walk the walk. So I's just thinking about her and then unrelated, in a far more low stakes endeavor, my niece recently got a cameo from the current host of Blues Clues Wow, and it like changed her life like it And it actually it freaked me out too, because I got this video from my cousin that was like this Blues Clues house that we've seen a million times, Josh shout out to Josh Dela Cruz. I know, yeah, oh yeah, you must know, Josh.
Speaker 4: I think I read an article like I don't know it in the way that you would expect a person of the kids to know it. But I read an article when they made the switch between the blues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know about Josh in a way that makes no sense as a childless adult, I know. But yeah, he does like cameos for like seventy five Bucks for kids where he literally just talks to your niece or nephew or child like like they're playing Blues Clues and it was the cutest thing in the world. She freaked out when he said her SEMPI noticed her and she sicked out. Wow, so underrated. Just you know children's media people work in overtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, Jack, can I ask a parenting question?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: How do you decide which of the media as the kid gets to see as far as like like like not Blues Clues but something else or is it just the kid leads?
Speaker 4: It's like research, just talking to other parents who have like kids who seem like they're I don't know, like they're not like tweaking, you know, like that, like they're not like itching to like get on the iPad. And then just also it's just trial and then like seeing how they respond to the thing, and they're just like certain shows that my kids responded to, like it was junk food, you know, where it's just like, God, I need like another hit of that immediately, and then when you like turn it off, they're like mad at you and screaming. And then there's other ones where it's just like, oh, they seem like really like they took a good lesson to heart. And yeah, I think like Bluey is the best feels fast show. It's just so good. Oh good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My nephew was watching some this like Frog and Toad show that's like it's on Apple and it just apparently the philosophy this is amazing to me. And but I'm sure no parents are surprised by this. It's like it's supposed to be like slow, bring your energy down, and it's literally just like it's like they'll just they like talk like the fucking like that Stephen Colbert old fashioned guy like sketch where they just say something long beat and then respond long beat and it's so so slow.
Speaker 4: It's so amazing. Yeah, it rules, which is how I always imagined that. It's like when you read those books, it just seems like they're really giving each other like some room to breathe, you know, So that's great to Yeah, yeah, it's truly delight. Guess we'll go outside today anyway. Yeah, we're starting to do podcasts. There's a good podcast, Grim Grimmer Grimmist that like retails the Grim Grim's brother the Brothers Grim Fairy Tales from a modern audience. But yeah, my kids are like obsessed with it. Yeah, and it also like, yeah, I think that's a good point. It's like a cool like energetically cooling, you know, as opposed to like cranking it up. And I like in the critiques I've seen from you know, the sorts of people who used to be consulted for making that like still work for Sesame Street but like the until they did some union busting, I guess. But like people with educational backgrounds who are experts on like, you know, how to make contem for children that isn't going to be bad for them. The thing that they talk about with a lot of the shit on YouTube is just that it's like overstimulation is like the thing that the kid will want, and it's also just like so so bad for them. But you know, it's the wild West out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're going to be fine. It's fine, nice stable world. It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we're gonna blame it on. Yeah, YouTube videos. I blame this Rachel. Actually, Like if the children turn out fucked, they'll just blame mess Rachel.
Speaker 1: This poor lady can't catch a break.
Speaker 4: My god, Jesus, what is something you think is overrated.
Speaker 1: Engagement rings that cost over one hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because I lost mine?
Speaker 4: Oh no, look so but there have you have you been on since you got engaged? Since you maybe not? I have been Congratulations, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, this was actually and I promised to not bring up the Snoopy Musum after this. That was kind of the way we wanted to celebrate, was was that? But we got we got engaged shortly before the fires postponed significantly. But we you know, the Snoopy Museum was the big celebration, and boy did it deliver. But yeah, no, I knew I was going to lose my engagement ring. I like cannot be I cannot have something nice with me all the time, Like I just can't do it. I was feeling a lot of dread about it. I love the rate the replacement comes here today. I really like the ring it has, like it is a little it's a little eyeball with a bluestone in the middle. It looked great. It was really pretty. And then I, of course did lose it, like about a month ago, and I was in the trenches. I was really I was like going retracing my steps. I was hope he wasn't he wasn't going to notice. I didn't want him to be said or like, so I was just like running around Burbank weeping on whoever would listen, looking for this ring. And then I like two days later, he was like, oh, where is it? And I was like, look, I think it fell off at the AMC Burbank when we went to see Prime Prejudice. I don't know where it went no, and he it was like, oh, well, it only costs like one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: So it's fun.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yes, like I can replace it, and because well, he was like, it's the ring you wanted, and I assumed you would lose it. It's like, it's so true. It was the ring I wanted and I did lose it, and so now I'm just getting another, and so it's like, I think ultimately we'll end up spending the amount of your average engagement ring on this ring over and over.
Speaker 4: Within thirty years.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Would it makes sense to just bulk by like thirty of them.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to see how long this one's gonna last. I'm gonna get this one fit. That's key. It turns out, you guy, it has to fit you or it will fall off at the AMC. Burbank, I just I don't know. I was so relieved because I was just terrified that he had like invested, like you know, I just was, Yeah, I was really scared. And then I realized through losing it that he actually knows me quite well, and that I could not be trusted with an expensive piece of jewelry because I've never had one, because I shouldn't have one, right, And then it turns out I didn't have one.
Speaker 4: True true testament to a fiance who knows their partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully he won't be upset for telling anyone, but I was.
Speaker 4: You've been put on blast.
Speaker 1: I grant I'm black, but it was. Yeah, I've never been more relieved because instead of.
Speaker 4: Putting it on your finger. You walk around bobbling it from place to place right like, I, how do you do it?
Speaker 1: Like because I'm so fidgety where I'm like, you know, taking it off, putting it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so right now I've got a decoy one. Now now I have a decoy one.
Speaker 4: You have a decoy one to get yourself used to having it on, or you dkoy one to fake out your fiance.
Speaker 1: Well technically this was the decoy one was to just go on tour so that I was wearing a ring. I didn't want anyone to be like what you I don't know when people are really familiar, like what happened?
Speaker 4: Could trouble in Paradise? Yes, the first question of the reading Troubling Paradise, Jamie.
Speaker 3: Could you get like a plastic training ring to get yourself used to wearing a ring?
Speaker 4: This is a lot of men wear plastic wedding or engagement bands because they don't want to end up like Jimmy Fallon. You know, oh sure, keep boing yourself, Jamie. The two Jimmy's Jamie Lost Us or Jimmy Fallon who one time got drunk and or I don't know if it's officially part of the situation where I think I had to do with him, but he almost lost his finger because he fell and his wedding ring got caught on like the corner of something and it like almost ripped his dang finger off.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, yeah, No, I was just at pride and prejudice.
Speaker 4: Prejudice just flipping your ring like.
Speaker 1: Literally raised raised my hand to like wipe my eyes and you're like, oh, just.
Speaker 4: Ring. Yeah, just.
Speaker 1: No idea what happened. But shout out to the I think assistant manager of the AMC Burbank who was so nice about it. It helps me look through the theater. It was really sweet, but it wasn't there.
Speaker 3: So I am envisioning like a ring holder that's like a mannequin hand, but just with wedding like wedding ring copies stacked to.
Speaker 4: The very tip of it.
Speaker 1: Well, because I was like talking with with him and I was like, well, what, I'm going to re order it, but like and I'll get it fit. But I was like, should I just not wear it out? And he's like, well, that's kind of the point of an engage for or wear it out. It's just you can't win. So they just have to like, you know, not cost more than one hundred dollars. That's the key. That's my recommendation to anyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, blood diamond, a big blood diamond. Can you try that? Because that's cool to just have.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a second, I didn't think to ask worth tied up in blood diamonds a thing that.
Speaker 4: That represents you having been indirectly a part of a war crime.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna why no, I'm just going to keep giving this guy, this guy with an Etsy store one hundred and fifty dollars every few months and then uh, and then we'll get married. At some point.
Speaker 3: You you should really check in with the guy and just see if you can get like an increasing one percent discount on subsequent rings.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're gonna want to keep these measurements on on the books because you will be hearing from me again.
Speaker 3: Just just hit subscribe and save. I think it does flick you on every six months and.
Speaker 4: New ring king amazing. Well, congratulations again, We're thrilled for you and your fiance. And yeah, let's get into some news. So we wanted to do a quick international check, and there's a couple of big international stories happening. One is things are going bad in Russia. Have you guys heard about this Russia? So they've got this guy, Vladimir Putin, and Donald Trump is master negotiator, and he was like, everybody needs to chill out. This guy and I are friends. He's a path. And now like Vladimir Putin's doing whatever he wants because he turns out he's like a dictator bent home world domination. Like basically everyone except Trump believed he was. And it's just like Donald Trump just keeps being like, Vladimir, stop it, Like he was really tweeted that a couple of weeks ago, really were literally on truth, said Vladimir stop it all caps, yeah, And now he's having to like do military exercises in on a Swedish island to be like we're we mean business, but for real, why aren't you returning my calls? Type thing?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know.
Speaker 3: Trump also is not a good negotiator, but this, I will just say, does have a wee bit of like.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 3: His goal is not to have Vladimir Putin stop it. So I wonder if a different way of looking at this is closer to like, oh, stop it Vladimir please.
Speaker 4: Right, just like you know, he does not give a ship, right, it feels like he has to. Yeah, yeah, you know. The whole point is let let Vladimir cook. That's that's like, see where he's going with that.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 3: That's one of Donald's you know, that's on his to do list is continue to let Vladimir cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like similar situation in Gaza. Things have gone from horrifying in genocidal to somehow worse. In addition to openly targeting civilians who like once worked for the government and then like bragging when they assassinate like a civilian, you know, and then obviously every child that happens to be in the same building that they think they might be in. They have also cut off all food and medicine, and behind the scenes, Trump has repeatedly made promises and then failed to deliver, and made promises and failed to deliver. And he actually he promised he would get Israel to agree to a cease fire and end the Blackade in exchange for like the big valuable hostage now Alexander an American Israeli soldier, and Amos was like, all right, if you say so, and they released him, and that truly absolutely nothing was done, like not even the hint that something was going to be done, And yeah, it's I don't know. People have pointed out this is bad for everyone. You can negotiate if you don't like, actually do the thing you claim you're going to do. But yeah, it seems like we're continuing to have an American executive branch that like that. There's this quote from an Israeli cabinet minister that literally said, we're dismantling Gaza, leaving it in ruins with unprecedented destruction, and the world still hasn't stopped. The world still hasn't stopped us, which seems to be like that. There keeps being these quotes like about the challenge like that it's crazy. When they're talking about the Biden administration, they're like, it was weird. We were so surprised that they did pushback at all. They were like, yeah, go to it. We did not see that one coming. So I don't know. I feel like there were some people who were like, well, anything is better than Biden, who seemed like absolutely committed to Zionist genocide, and it doesn't seem to be getting better in any appreciable.
Speaker 1: Way, and then like there's been no real uptick in any sort of I mean, I know that there's been increasing efforts to you know, have people reach out to their like their their representatives, but that hasn't yet moved the needle. Really, like no one is saying anything many times. You know, how many days in a row have people done their five calls? And you know, people who whatever, I mean, it's nothing we don't know, but like, yeah, alleged progressives don't do shit, they don't care or it's like inconvenient to take care and public figures too, I mean, I I think it's so frustrating that like, you know, people who sort of issued these weird wishy washy bided administration coded statements over a year and a half ago and almost two years ago are sort of are are really quiet when there's images of children being killed every day coming out, it's just like it it is the most depressing thing in the entire world. I feel like, there's it's really cool, see, I mean, I like, unfortunately, the only public figures that really like come straight to mind are like romy Yousev, Miss Rachel, Miss Rachel, the Irish punk band Kneecap like three very disparate uh personalities, but like but it's just it's it's really uh Yeap.
Speaker 4: Was one of the members of MECAP was just charged with like terroorism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like and like Hassan Piker was held at the border, like it's just like absurd.
Speaker 4: And then following the murder of the two people who worked for the Israeli embassy, like the Hassan Piker's name was all over the news last weekend, people being like this person needs to be completely deplatformed and you know, essentially arrested for you know, which yeah.
Speaker 1: Which of course there's like no grounds for it, but it's just yeah, it's it's I know that it's like becoming increasingly scary to like and it is also it's tough because it's like it's not a genocide that the government is complicit and is not something that we're going to post our way out of right And I don't know, I just such a bleak.
Speaker 3: Politician thing is like, I mean, they didn't say anything under Biden. It's there like as far as like Democrats go, I don't know why air quoted democrats like Democrats go, yeah, like this is like it's not something that we like to think about or hear, but I think the evidence is pretty clear. This is just one hundred percent of thing they believe in, right, a genocide.
Speaker 4: So it's like it doesn't seem like it was an accident, like all the all the public from page stories where Biden is like banging his dang head against the wall trying to get something done over here and you just can't get it done. Like all reporting since the administration has been like the I was like, whoa, this guy's really not true, never been true.
Speaker 3: But also that goes down to like I mean that that is part of the reason why this you know, calling your representatives, you know if you have a Democrat you know, congress person or senator. Like the reality is it's not that they I think it's not that they don't care, it's that this is their plan. This is plan a r happening. Yeah, like this is a place where they agree with Trump would be my is what the evidence suggests to me, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean yeah, because like the leaders of the Democratic Party, like there's never there's never been a point in their careers where it would be like they would have made a different choice as we saw as we saw, and yeah, I could keep going it Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. I don't. Yeah, it's bad. I feel like, you know, following the murder of the two people, it's just going to get worse.
Speaker 1: It's going to get so much worse. Yeah, for now, there's like there whatever, anyone who wants to make an example of someone has this example to point to.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, I feel like it's going to make I mean, not that protesting has already been so horrifically difficult, especially for students, but I feel like it's just going to get even harder.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I believe it's equally bad when innocent Palestinian children are mar as when innocent adults are mergered. But I feel like that's right. The mainstream media seems to have like some different conversion rate behind the scenes. Want to I want to see, like do they have the chart where they're like it's like ten thousand, it's like ten thousand Palestinian children. Is when it rises to the level of like a white guy in Minnesota or something, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even then completely you know, like children that just existed as avoid of context because the paper is reporting on them. Generally don't give the proper context to even help you understand why things are happening the way they are in the first place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the journalists who has taken a lot of the videos that you're talking about that are like one of the reasons that people are able to see what is actually happening was assassinated by Israel recently. So that's how they're choosing to deal with the fact that this is horrific and unpopular with anybody who sees what they're doing. Is just like, how do we make it so people aren't seeing what we're doing?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll talk about some bullshit when we get back. And we're back and you guys, right is ready for the mega TV revolution?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Should we just skip this one? Talk about the person who swam around Martha's binger for the Jaws. So, I mean, really, briefly, there's this Wired article about how the overall vibe in Hollywood is like not just trying to back away from DEI values because they're afraid of like being sued, but also they've like kind of focused on They're like Yellowstone, this Tim Allen show, that other Yellowstone show. I don't know, Tim Allen's got to have something else that it's overwhelming success. I mean they also talk about this reality show about like dating farmers wives or something. You know, what farmers farmer wants a wife or what armer wants a wife? Farm wife there?
Speaker 3: And is that like a porn parody of a fucking children's song?
Speaker 4: That's like what the I think that's I think that song actually is just like I don't know that that song says the farmer takes a wife, which is.
Speaker 1: Like, damn, I'm sure he did.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, but like I don't know, it's definitely happening. Their evidence, and this is something that we've seen and talked about on the show since the Sony Leaks. Actually, I don't think we had a show when the Sony Leaks happened. But I love talking about the Sony Leaks because are so funny, fucking wild, Like the guy who's like guys Denzel's my favorite actor, but the guy can't open a movie like Ahead of the Equalizer too, which was like a hundreds of millions of dollars box office success. But it's just what they do, is they focus in on the things that succeed that are in line with the thing that is going to be convenient for them to kind of evolve their projects towards. And so it's convenient for them to create anti DEI like pro quote unquote Heartland values content and believe that it's going to succeed more than things that are made for a diverse audience. Yeah, and so this article kind of pisses me off because it's just like it does like kind of try to make the case. Well, it also is like, but this is dumb and like going to ruin TV. But it does like take their take some of their cases that like face value, like they're like Tim tim Allen's Shifting Gears about a grumpy widow or with Manisphere viewpoints is a ratings hit for Disney's linear broadcast audience, with more live viewers on average than The Connors season seven and Abbot Elementary season four, but like such a very specific so live viewers is people who choose to watch it linear television ABC, which the TV TV.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people who watch Abbot Elementary, and none of them watch it during the broadcast. They watch it the next day on Hulu.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched a non sports broadcast other than I guess Game of Thrones the final episode because we had like a viewing party like as that happened, but.
Speaker 3: That I will just throw this out there. I mean maybe not you specifically, but even those that were like concurrent with the time were also on HBO Max right right at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't think we like turned it on and we're like, Okay, we got to make it through the the credits of Fast and the Furious setting to like watch.
Speaker 1: This, Like yeah, I think, but this, Yeah, the presentation is kind of like making it this show look probably more popular than it actually actually is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like they talk about this dating show and they're like it pulls in an impressive like one point five million viewers, which like I don't know, like aren't dating show, Like they isn't The Bachelor, like the last thing that like puts up cheers numbers. Like so you're like you're just saying it out of context, but you're not like which is obviously a niche hit that would be you know, like compared to a mainstream dating show hit. Like that's the thing that like I feel like happens with these stories like they they they talk about how in the article they talk about how Sinners is like this massive hit that like should point people to. No, people still want like stories told from diverse perspectives about different things that aren't just like right wing Christian values. But they don't like bring up, for instance, the thing that like everybody was like so amazed by was that Sound of Freedom movie, which I think ended up being like the thirty second most successful movie at the box office the year it came out. Like it's like not it was like a hit again. It's like it's like when we talk about the you know, woke pope, he was like had progressive values for a pope. It's like this was successful for being Christian right wing entertainment, which is a small niche portion of the I.
Speaker 3: Will also say just not to like so in the notes in this document here, there's a sentence that says box office is a kind of unfakeable right, and I will just say that is not true, Like right right ticket specifically is was like a movie, and all those like right wing movies are movies where like you know, rich people, rich right wing you know billionaires will just buy out theaters that are either empty or those tickets are given to people for free. So they're parents that'll just bring you know, their kids to whatever. That fucking weirdo Jesus movie that came out recently was because it's free, right, like the Jesus cartoon that came out recently.
Speaker 1: Made for like church field trips.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also they will just play to empty theaters, like or nearly empty theaters. So so just a teeny tiny pushback on the idea that box office is unfeable.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely yeah, that's definitely fair. They're definitely like juicing those numbers, and even the juiced numbers are like yeah, yeah, it would be like a mid sized hit that people if it were made by a black director. Variety or the Hollywood Reporter would be like, still hasn't made its money back? Sinners.
Speaker 3: They were like, oh, Sinners might lose money even though it's been number one at the box office three weeks in a row, Like it's how I mean after it's.
Speaker 4: Like weekend that like broke, like was double what they were predicting for it. They're like, still isn't made with money?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean the other thing about it, Listen, the only way the entertainment media could be more transparently right wing is if they were like Sinners is the top grossing movie with a clan member in.
Speaker 4: It time, That's right.
Speaker 1: It's just I mean, it's it's is like, I don't know how how long you guys have been like noticing this, Like I feel like really abrupt backslide. But it's just like so it's like comparing you know, this point in the first Trump administration to now where it felt like, you know, it's just been made very clear that any level of diversity was seen as an industry trend versus a commitment to doing anything, because you know, the second the re election happened, they're like, well we we we tried the first time and it didn't work, so we just made like stuff instead.
Speaker 3: The thing that is I think worth pointing out about Hollywood, the people who run Hollywood, is that DEI was not of value.
Speaker 4: It was a r maneuver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yea trend.
Speaker 3: The things they're making now are what these people believe in and always have. They were just you know, trying to diversify their portfolio.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, when it's somebody else's point of view that's being made they turn it into like a thing that sounds like corporate boiler plate DEI. But then with this stuff, it's heartland. It's Heartland entertainment. Like come up with if you like fucking focus group, which I'm sure they did, like the best way to describe the bullshit content that they're going to start investing in.
Speaker 3: The Other thing I will just say is having in my twenties worked for tech startups and a TV network. This this like the way they just like torture statistics to say what they want to, what they.
Speaker 4: Already believe in.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, like these like alleged like objective masters of the universe who just see data and act on it. Like the fact that they need to like say, like more live viewers with the live audience, you know, linear broadcast. It's so pathetic and it is very depressing that this works on people at all. It's just like how stupid do you have to be to believe this? Like truly, it's just like, what the fuck are you talking about? Linear broadcast audience? Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: It's just like, yeah, throwing words at people and trying to confuse them. I don't know, I pitched something around recently, and someone at an unnamed network was like, yeah, yeah, you know, like we'll just kind of see what happens, uh not as many people are kind of like doing doing the woman thing. I think was the phrase that it was just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doing the woman's thing, and like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's it's funny because it has to be, but you're just like I have also been kind of surprised at how like open I feel like people in like Hollywood spaces have been about the fact that, yeah, we're not doing that anymore. But it was it was not it was nice. Hope hope you enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like they just tell the story that is convenient for them to tell, you know, So like with gods, it would be convenient if people didn't actually care or if like the thing wasn't actually happening, and so they just like don't really cover it as though it were happening. And with the you know, the future of media, like it's they will get fired if they tell stories that are you know, critical of the Trump administration, and so they just don't and then pretend that stories that are like within the values that Trump wants to promote are are successful. You know, until they can't pretend otherwise. The thing that is.
Speaker 3: Sort of nice that is a tiny silver lining that unfortunately many people's like lives and careers will be destroyed in the meantime while this catches up is that you know, this is another instance of the like facts don't care about your feelings crowd. They will run into the fact eventually, which is that you know, there is a limited audience for this type of stuff, and sinners, things like Sinners prove that there is. Literally they're throwing away opportunity cost by not green lighting things like that, and you know they are losing money, They are leaving money on the table. That I mean, even like the lower brow targeted things like Fast and Furious movies are a huge hit, and honestly, like a big part of that is because there it's like a nearly United Colors of Benetton level like box casting, and they're in their cast, but it's there and it works and people want to see that. And until they can compel you to spend money on media that you may or may not want to watch, like, those will always be hits and they'll always be Oh, Hollywood, couldn't have seen it coming.
Speaker 1: But they're such a big precedent for this, yeah, with Ryan Coogler movies alone, Like it's yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw The Sinners this weekend and it was like full. The theater is full, like you know a weekend where like it's in sixth place and people are like, when is Sinners going to come out on vod It's like people are still going to the theaters in mass to like see it, And I mean that yeah, like Sinners, I think Fast and Furious is a great example. And then like the counterpoint, like when I'm talking about like it being unfakable, let's say I get it's clearly not like they They're definitely able to like if they have a thing that some people are interested in seeing, they will you know invest in that. They will take church donations and like buy up theater seats just to you know, amplify it. But like The Daily Wire also tried to launch a film studio in the past couple of years and literally like it was like made thirty thousand dollars of like them just like buying up individual theaters like that that they probably just like paid for themselves because there's just not an audience where it's like so much like streaming content and shit like that, Like people will continue to like make the stuff that is like not risky for them to make and just like pay for it and then it just like goes and disappears into some fucking digital void. Yeah. Yeah, anyways, some daily Wire movies that are super underrated classics is what I'm getting at.
Speaker 3: But like, also like there is a way to make a like you know, Passion of the Christ, you know, is not a or whatever. It's a movie that normal people were like, oh I will see this. Yeah, also a bunch of writing freaks, but like normal people also were like I want to see this.
Speaker 4: You know what else We were talking about passionately Christ just last week, not because.
Speaker 5: As a party and because we think everybody should go back and give it another chance, because it actually about it's supposed to be like a Jesus going to Hell to like fight his way out of hell, like basically the South Park movie.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, it's or Doom.
Speaker 3: It's sort of the plot of Doom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's sound like Mel Gibbs was like, it's a psychedelic it's like an acid trip. Man. But the thing that our writer Jam was pointing out last week was that The Passion of the Christ like was actually you could view it as just being an early film in the torture core movie. Like it was like right at the kickoff of like the song Yeah, like Costal and all those movies, Like it was the first of those, so like you could just be like actually, like people were you know, being told to go see it because of their church. But then it was also just the first movie where it was like nothing happens except somebody is just like badly hurt repeatedly for like an hour, and you just like watch it. So I don't know, it's one theory.
Speaker 1: I still think, you know, the most the most religious I've ever been is watching Jesus Christ Superstar on a loop for an entire summer. But it had nothing to do with Jesus Christ. It was really all Superstar that I was there for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was it was all the Superstar. Come for the Superstar.
Speaker 1: They get you with the Jesus Jams, they get you with the Jesus Christ. But I do think I was talking about Jesus Christ Superstar with someone recently and it was like for all of the time I spent watching it, it did not change my relationship to Christianity whatsoever. Was still very disinterested and ambivalent towards it. But I was like, you know, Jesus was an interesting guy. He could really hit some higher notes than you would expect.
Speaker 4: And all grand was incredible. You are one of my favorite people to hear, write and think about fame though, and so you dropped the Jesus Christ, but you you know the superstar part of it.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, if any execs from the Daily Wire studios are listening, I am going out with my pitch for Jesus Christ to influence her just any time.
Speaker 4: Very good. That could be very good. It's gritty and violent. Jamie Loftus, what a pleasure having you on the Daily.
Speaker 1: Zeitgeist always great to be back. You gotta go to Harrisburg, Jack.
Speaker 4: I'm fucking up where I just threw up a little bit o thinking about Harrisburg. Where can people find you? Follow you all naked stuff?
Speaker 1: You can find me and follow me really on Instagram and Blue Sky, I guess would be the places at this point. Yeah, I'm at just under my full name at on Blue Sky and an Instagram at Jamie crist Superstar.
Speaker 4: Look at that like that.
Speaker 1: That's Brent's synergy. You can also find me physically at the Snoopy busy. I'm in Santa Rosa, fucking just hanging my membership card to come in. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: That's so cute whatever on the card.
Speaker 1: All of it's so cute. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Is there another museum and research center with a fucking ice rink in the middle of it?
Speaker 1: It's got I hope so.
Speaker 4: But I don't think Wwayne Gretzki one or something, but this one's such a nice surprise.
Speaker 3: It would be nice to get on the ice and just get board checked so.
Speaker 1: Hard I've been. They do like annual holiday ice shows, so I was like, we.
Speaker 4: Gotta go back.
Speaker 1: We've got limitless opportunities to go.
Speaker 4: Oh. I love it when Snoopy skates. It's so me too.
Speaker 1: He's so good at it. Yeah, so that's you can find me there soon, I hope.
Speaker 4: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, let's what Actually, I it's it's a it's a book of going old school.
Speaker 4: Wow, the oldest form of media besides scrolls.
Speaker 1: But I am I am revisiting a book I'd never read before, but I feel like I've read sections of over and over for years. No Logo by Nami Klein. There's yeah, often quoted, but I just have never really sat down with it. But I mean, I feel like it's kind of like a gen xers Bible of sorts, but I've never actually read No Logo and I'm in the middle of it, and it's just like it's it's a lot of stuff that you probably already know about about branding and also just about manufacturing in general. But it was written in nineteen ninety nine, and what's been like the most interesting part of it for me is just seeing how she will present these ideas as very new where now it's like very Americanized ideas of like contractors versus employees, outsourcing, manufacturing versus owning anything to like say, you know, it's just all of these things that are she's describing in these communities in Sri Lanka and Indonesia are what our friends in the US are dealing with now. So real upper real good vibes coming off this book. You're gonna you're gonna leave uplifted, You're gonna be crying tears of joy. But it's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's wild to read like books from the late nineties that are like a paranoid masterpiece and it's like, oh no, this is just this is.
Speaker 1: Just what we live in, pretty straightforward, like yeah, it's like this is literally just how uber drivers are forced to work out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, that's great recommendation. And t is there a working media you've been enjoying? And where can people find you? Uh?
Speaker 3: Andrew Tea on places? I have been watching. The new season of this British show called Taskmaster is on the play they're putting on YouTube, I think as it goes out now, and it's a it's a very silly show that where like a panel of stand ups through a season do these like very it's basically like like children's games, not as in like you know, Monopoly or whatever, but it's like if an eight year old made up a game for you on the spot and you just had to do it and take it seriously. It's like a whole show of that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: And this season Jason Manzukus is one of the Yes, role weird.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet. That's so weirdly it makes sense to me. Yeah, I think they figured it out, it made sense.
Speaker 3: If if an American comedian should have been on it, I will just say I would have voted for Paula Tompkins. But for sure Jason Manzukus makes plenty of sense as well, and it's really good. The one thing about actually speaking of do I I will say like British TV does a much better job of just casting a wider array of types of people, and the show is a great example of that as well. But yeah, it's they're putting it on YouTube, I think concurrent to when it comes out, so it's it's handy for me.
Speaker 4: I feel like Jason man Zukes always likes the stuff that I like because he's obsessed with me. No, just we have very similar media and I'm assuming you like went on that show because he likes it, so yeah, apparently he like he.
Speaker 3: Just cold emailed the showrunner and was like, hey, can I do the show?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Normally it's British people that are just due the round of panel shows, but sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but they're like, well, since you asked so nicely, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter, Jack Underscore, Obrian on Blue Sky at jack Obe the number one workimedia i've been in doing is Sinners. Have you guys seen Sinners? Yeah, oh yeah, that's good. That's like a good It's like a good movie. And then it has that like I just I'm so glad I saw it before it left theaters. The yeah, the music whatever happens in that one scene in the middle and is an Irish ass jig for you so many Oh my god, I had to I had to hold myself down from getting up and jigging in the aisles. That's the music part I'm talking about, like that one scene. Yeah, of course I'm talking about the Irish the jig, you guys, the fucking jig. But yeah, there's it's you. You really have to see it, I was saying on yesterdays training. Unless you have like the most amazing like sound system, the sound is just like, yeah, the way it like kind of moves around the theaters like so fun and cool, and that's just do you feel like you're high a little bit.
Speaker 1: It looks so beautiful. So many movies look too ugly. It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I should do that more, like make a thing that looks really good, you know, instead of like shit me crazy anyways, you can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist, where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram you can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. With Miles out, we like to ask super producer Justin Connor, Justin, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this song is a little bit different from what I usually recommend, although I have suggested a song from this band before. They're a Chicago based group called Slow Pulp, and this song has a fun grunge type of element mixed into it.
Speaker 2: They have kind of like a faramor vibe. But this song compares.
Speaker 6: Romance to feeling like a summer hit that you keep playing on repeat in your head.
Speaker 2: And I love the singer's voice.
Speaker 6: And at about like one minute and thirty nine seconds into the song, it sounds like she's saying my name really intently, which I love. I've looked it up. She's not saying my name, but it's it's very close. It sounds like just Justin is being whispered into my ear and I love it. So this track is called Slugs by Slow Pope, and you can find that in the footnotes Slow Pope, slow Pulpe, Sorry p.
Speaker 1: U lp Yes, okay, so slow Pope is still available as a band name.
Speaker 4: Pope is yeah, yeah, because that would be amazing if they're called slow Pope and they were from Chicagoo.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I hope the way I pronounced Pope isn't some like Midwestern ething that I like fucked up and now people are gonna I.
Speaker 4: Don't think it's just where my brain went. Yeah. No, it's this pope who we just got is from Chicago, and I've never seen him run the forty. You know, I don't know if that's what what kind of foot speed he's working with?
Speaker 2: The should make him race to be the pope next to.
Speaker 4: The conclave, shouldn't the NFL combine style in full robe if you got to wear the hat and then see like what hell what your standing vertical leap is?
Speaker 1: It just saddens me that our pope is probably anti ketchup if he's a real Chicago Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I co sign that, but I will defer to you for all things hot.
Speaker 3: Wait, do Chicagoans hate ketchup on everything?
Speaker 4: On everything?
Speaker 3: Or just hot dogs? Uh?
Speaker 2: No, everything.
Speaker 6: It's it's looked at as like a kid. Yeah, anything anyone over the age of like five, And.
Speaker 1: That's always the Chicago rash Atale is like, what are you five years old? Are you little baby?
Speaker 6: And I was like, come on, yeah, I've been indoctrinated.
Speaker 2: I can't help it.
Speaker 6: I co sign this, but uh yeah, I can see a wall there and I will try to jump that at some point, but it's it's hard for me to get over there.
Speaker 4: Ketchup so much, it's so good. What's your favorite? Like, what's the one thing? If you you were only allowed to have ketchup on one thing for the rest of your life. Andrew Chili Crab Baby. I went to a how pop up that was listen. It was very good.
Speaker 3: I don't know the pop up, but I went to this restaurant that people are.
Speaker 4: Excited about it. I'm not going to name because there's this little.
Speaker 3: Criticism, but they made a take on Singapore Chili Crab.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing. I think they were trying to like, you know.
Speaker 3: Like upscale it a little bit, and it was very clear that the sauce did not have the actual most important ingredient, which is just fucking heinz ketchup.
Speaker 4: And it was like nicer, but it was like I was like, yeah, my ketchup. Yeah, brutal pines and coca cola, the two things that like capitalism has. It's like we tried, we really just like can't do better than one. Like you guys, you guys did did it best?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 3: They took the cocaine out and it's still good, which really says something.
Speaker 1: It speaks rarely the case.
Speaker 4: All Right, that is gonna do it for us. The Daily zeke A is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio ab Apple podcast or wherever you're listening to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you'll then by.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by ba Wag.
Speaker 4: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M mcnapp, edited
Speaker 2: And engineered by Justin Connor,