Speaker 1: Hee hot, bitch, it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: I'm a big boy. I could take it if he feel I deserve it. Ain't no big deal.
Speaker 1: I know Charlottegeae God gonna have funny say out of his mouth.
Speaker 2: He's gotta say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I mean who's.
Speaker 1: Getting that dunk that donkey that don't don't don't dun't dunk.
Speaker 2: Donkey other day right here to the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Bitch, you can call me the donkey of the day, but like I mean, no harm.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donkey of the day from Monday, February third, Go to Dallas Mavericks general manager Nico Harrison. If you haven't heard, the Dallas Mavericks traded Luca don Chicks. How you pronounce his name dunks don chick Luca? Okay, Luca is twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: He was Rookie of the Year. He's been to the All Star Game five times.
Speaker 3: He led the league in scoring last year, averaging over thirty three game, and he took the Map to the NBA Finals last year. He's a franchise player, okay, the type of player you build around.
Speaker 2: But Nico Harrison doesn't seem to think so.
Speaker 3: So Luca was traded to the Dallas Mavericks, I mean, to the to the Los Angeles Lakers by Anthony Davis, who's no sloucher his damn self.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got a care rare average of twenty.
Speaker 3: Four to ten, nine time All Star, four time All NBA First Team, two time All NBA Defensive Team, but he gets hurts a lot one years old. Okay, Look, I could be totally premature with this, he haw because I believe Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irvin are gonna be great in Dallas. But some things make sense and some things don't make sense to me, and Luca being traded from Dallas to the Lakers doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Let's go to ESPN News for the report. Police.
Speaker 4: This is maybe the most stunning trade, definitely that I've been a part of in recent NBA history, as far as it was never clearly out there, and I'm told Luka, Doncic, Anthony Davis, Lebron James, the players, coaches, a lot of people on both sides with the Mavericks and Lakers had no idea. I can assuredly tell you it's a fact, Lebron James had no idea this was coming. Anthony Davis had no idea this was coming until Luka Doncic is still stunned about this trade. But when you look at the totality of what just occurred, Luka Doncic is a twenty five year old, Like you said, Megastar, you know Perennial All NBA player, He's someone that you think of as untouchable as a guy that's never gonna be traded. I'm told that the Mavericks actually approached the Lakers and offered Luka Dancic a few days ago in a trade very recently. The Mavericks went out, they knew exactly who they wanted. They wanted Anthony Davis. That's the player that if they were ever gonna trade Luka Doncic, if this was even a thought that was gonna cross their mind.
Speaker 3: It was four a d Just when I thought no sports organization in Dallas could make worse decisions than my cowboys.
Speaker 2: Here come the maths. Okay, Now, Dallas must know something about Luca that we don't.
Speaker 3: Reports are that Luca's weight went up to two hundred and seventy pounds, So you mean to tell me that Luca got traded because he gained too much weight.
Speaker 2: But Zion Van Dross is still a Pelican now, I got nothing love, I got nothing but love for nine Williamson.
Speaker 3: Okay, South Carolina all day, but nobody's weight has fluctuated more since the Architect, never too much. So you're not gonna make me believe that Luca got traded because of his weight. When a generational player like Luca gains weight, you don't trade him. You get him a trainer and a nutrition.
Speaker 2: Is simple. How do you go from thirty three.
Speaker 3: A game and an NBA Finals appearance last year to twenty eight to eight and seven this year? So all of a sudden, your team saying they don't want you because you're fat. In fact, Migo Harrison said the reason they made the trader was because they want to win now and weren't thinking about ten years from now.
Speaker 5: Listen, I think the long term is the time frame. I think he fits our time frame. If you pair him with Kyrie and the rest of the guys, he fits right along with our time frame to win now and win.
Speaker 2: In the future.
Speaker 5: And the future to me is three four years from now. In the future ten years from now.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think they probably buried me in Jay Budden or we bear ourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeh, think you might have buried yourself, Nicole. He went to the NBA Finals last year. Okay, he's twenty five. Give him and Kyrie some time to cooks around him with more talent. Okay, how is the GM Are you not thinking ten years down the road? This guy Luca is going to be a superstar for a long long time. Unless you know something we don't. Okay, Nico said the contract was affected too. Let's listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it wasn't really like a point. I think it was how do we make our team better? You know, there's some unique things about his contract that we had to pay attention to. You know, there's there's other teams that were loading up.
Speaker 2: You know that he was going to have.
Speaker 5: He was gonna be able to decide to make his own decision at some point of whether he wants to be here or not, whether we want a super maxim or not, or whether he wants to opt out. So I think we had to take all that into consideration and feel like we got out in front of what could have been in tumultuous summer.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me, Djoki, you not going to get a super Max when it's his time. Jason Tatum signed a Supermax. Okay, you surround Luca with the right talent so he doesn't want to leave. I don't know, man, I think that this board to this story. Okay, who's lady in the Mavericks organization? Did Luca knock off? All right? Did you find out he's a serial killer in the Slovenia? All right, somebody tell me something that makes sense, because I refuse to believe basketball gods loved the Lakers this much.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe they do.
Speaker 3: I've been alive along a long time, long enough to see the Lakers do this quite a few times. From Kareem abdu Jabari Shaquille O'Neil to Paul Gasol, the Lebron James, the trades that have been vetoed like Chris Paul, they always tend to get one that makes you scratch your head, like how they pull that off? And really, I would like to know how did they pull that off? Okay, Nico, you got a piece like Luca and you didn't even think the shop it.
Speaker 2: You want us to buy that you are.
Speaker 3: Thinking about winning a championship in the next three to four years, but you didn't even put Luca on the open market to see what other deals were available.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there was better deals out there. Okay, I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 3: If this don't work, Donald Trump is gonna use you, Nico, as an example as to why DEI is ruining corporate America.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anything like this.
Speaker 3: And now, because Luca has been traded, he is ineligible for the three hundred and forty five million dollars super Max contract that he was sure to sign. By the way, I don't think that's fair because it's not performance based. Can earn that money because of what he does on the basketball court. He shouldn't have to leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the table because executives made what I believe to be a poor decision. But I only feel as poor because I don't have all the information. If it is because of his weight, then Luca needs to sue for weight discrimination.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: If Big Dank can sue Lyft, then Big Dunk should be able to sue the Masks.
Speaker 2: That's all I got. Please give General Manager Nico Harrison the biggest. He all, I'm playing with Big Danky. What you mean, that's for real? If Big Dan can sue Lift for weight discrimination, how come Big Dunk can't sue the mass.
Speaker 1: Gotta be more to that state knocks.
Speaker 2: Off somebody, girl or something in the organization.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Oh, he was acting frustrated like he didn't want to resign, so they figured they trade him before.
Speaker 2: He just opt out.
Speaker 1: It gotta be more to that situation a year from now, right next year, I thought.
Speaker 2: Right, gotta be more to that. Get rid of no Luca Dauntas like that.
Speaker 1: And people always ask about the no trade clause.
Speaker 6: I think there's only ten NBA players with a no trade clause ever in their contract. Uh, and just the number. It was, David Robinson, John Stocked and Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Dwayne Wade, Lebron Carmelo and.
Speaker 3: Bradley and Kevin still ended up getting traded. Who Kevin got traded a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he had to approve it. You get traded, but you just got approve that.
Speaker 3: I just refuse to believe that they got rid of Luca because he's like chocolate cupkicks and mill cream pots.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I don't believe that. So you can do that, you're gonna like you can go against them if they tried.
Speaker 6: Because you could sign a new trade clause where you won't get traded unless you have to approve the trade.
Speaker 2: So if you don't, you gotta leave. But they don't get that.
Speaker 1: Too too many plays, okay, wow, So it's just like sleeve like.
Speaker 2: You want to you take this nigga.
Speaker 6: The fact that they come together and pick their own teams and people like, well it's not fair.
Speaker 1: Well, the coaches and management con trade him at any any given point and they had to GotY.
Speaker 3: And the fact that hundreds of millions of dollars he's gonna lose now because it's ineligible for the Supermaxicans he got traded as if it's his faulty, his tub.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, Well, thank you for that. Donkey Today.
Speaker 3: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com and when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club