Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central show.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy.
Speaker 3: Central's America's only source for news.
Speaker 2: This is The Daily Show with your host Daisy Line. Let them to the Daily Show. I'm just lightning. We've got so much to talk about tonight. Trump's tariffs are off, but they're on again. But they're also off, So who fucking cares. Let's get into it with another installment of trade wars. My favorite word, my favorite word, caraffs. Last Wednesday, Donald Trump announced that in one week he was going to impose the biggest increase in tariffs in one hundred years. And after a week of panic buying a year's supply of toilet paper and air fryers, the day has finally arrived. It is eleven fifty nine and forty eight seconds, which means we are just moments away from the President's new tariffs.
Speaker 1: It's President Drump's long awaited tariff Day.
Speaker 2: It's reciprocal tariff Day. While the tariffs are here all right.
Speaker 3: It is tariff Day.
Speaker 2: Happy tariff Day, everyone, whoa It's what Trump is replacing Juneteenth with. Now Trump is celebrated by putting tariffs on every country in the world, including one hundred and four percent on products made in China, which is probably fine. I mean, how many products are made in China. The tariff Day wasn't just celebrated here in America. Other countries got in on the fund too swift retaliation.
Speaker 4: Both China and the European Union are responding to President Trump's tariffs.
Speaker 5: China has announced its own.
Speaker 2: Retaliatory tariffs eighty four percent on all Lewis goods and imports.
Speaker 1: According to the European Union, all mends, orange juice, poultry, soybeans, steel and aluminum products, tobacco, and yachts imported from the United States. Now we'll have a twenty five percent levy on.
Speaker 2: Them, percent on yachts. Why don't these trade wars always have to screw over the little guy. I'll be honest, I didn't even know America made yachts. I thought the only thing we made here was Nepo babies. But this really feels like it's spiraling out of control. It seems like the smart move is to back off this whole thing, but Trump's team has been adamant that they will stay the course. This is not a negotiation. It's not the kind of thing you can negotiate away.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's any chance going to that.
Speaker 3: President Trump's kind of back.
Speaker 5: Off his tariffs.
Speaker 2: President made it clear yesterday this is not a negotiation, and Trump posted this morning, my policies will never change. Well that's it. Then they're in it to win it, full speed ahead from the window to the walls. Skate Street Street, Mothers. Trump's policy will never ever change.
Speaker 5: This is CNN breaking news.
Speaker 4: The President announced it just minutes ago that he's now quote authorized a ninety day pause on some of his new teriffs.
Speaker 2: What the trade war's over? But it's tariff day. I shaved my legs for this. Now I have to grow it all back. But hey, at least we can buy things from China again, right, I mean Amazon Prime here I come.
Speaker 4: Notably, though, the President is raising the tariff applied to China from the United States to one hundred and twenty five percent, effective immediately, So this pause applies to other countries, not China.
Speaker 2: Hey, Siri, cancel one thousand air fryers. Trump, I don't understand what happened here. You tanked global stock markets, You put us on the verge of a recession. You told everyone to build factories in America because the tariffs wouldn't go away, and then you took them away. What happened? Did you just get spooked by the markets? The ninety day poll, it's one of there was amparatives. Is that because of the windlass that we were seeing across the financial market.
Speaker 3: Now, look, this was his strategy along.
Speaker 5: An absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 6: Move, brilliant not only economically, politically, and it was good for the American worker.
Speaker 2: He's a negotiator in chief.
Speaker 5: He's landing the plane. It's the Master of the Deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're watching the art of the deal in real time here.
Speaker 2: Many of you in the media clearly missed the art of the deal. Uh yes, the art of the deal. Create a global crisis and then dig yourself halfway out. It's truly aster for Donald. I'm starting to think that the art of the deal is art in the way that Jackson Pollock is art. Like it looks like someone just threw a bunch of shit at the wall. But now I have to pretend like it's genius and it's gonna cost millions of dollars. Come at me, abstract expressionism, hive, You know I'm right come on, Trump, just admit that you started a game of chicken and you got too scared to finish it.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought that people were jumping a little bit out of line.
Speaker 8: They were getting yippy.
Speaker 2: You know, they're getting a little bit hippy, a little bit afraid. Oh okay, it's our fault. We got too scared. Sorry. I tend to get a little yippy when my retirement plan starts to look like the elevator from the shining, straight down and heavy flow. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be dramatic, but this is the worst tariff day ever. This whole trade war was launched on incoherent arguments. You stuck to your guns for incoherent reasons, and now you're pulling back for incoherent reasons. Is there anything you can say that actually makes sense?
Speaker 9: Noah, the president would have done what I did.
Speaker 5: Noah the President, Well you got me there.
Speaker 2: I do agree with that, still, though, I just wish that someone could explain what the strategy is going forward with these tariffs. I mean, is there anyone who can tell me does he does he? High? I can tell you, hey, oh.
Speaker 7: Why oh my god, Olidia loone, what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: I may correspond on the Daily Show. I thought you left in twenty eleven.
Speaker 8: Oh oh no, you know how John comes in one day a week. Yeah, I have the same deal. It just I come in once every fourteen years.
Speaker 2: My dad will said Kata. Oh okay, I see. Well, i'd ask what you've been up to, but I have the Internet. That's fair. So break it down for us. What is Trump's strategy here with these tariffs. Everyone's scared. There's so much uncertainty, and there's no this is no way that you can actually run in a contomy busy, be cool. Okay.
Speaker 8: Trump knows exactly what he's doing. He put tariffs that destroyed the global economy, so then he took them off and now it's only mostly destroyed now. To avoid tariffs coming back, other countries will cut deals with US for better trade terms, and our deficit drops to zero.
Speaker 2: Problem solved. Okay, I see. And that's when we drop all the tariffs, no bitch.
Speaker 8: Then we hit them even harder, four hundred percent tariffs. We bomb their factories, We catch those penguins on that island and we eat them. Then the other countries will really come begging.
Speaker 5: We can get whatever we want, baby, I ken't.
Speaker 8: Furniture comes assemble, Honda cords, trunks full of Nike sneakers. We'll get to pee on their currency while they watch. Then we've won gross but fine, then the trade war ends. Yes, then it makes sense for the trade war to end. But psych, bitch, four billion percent terriffts.
Speaker 2: You're in our house now.
Speaker 8: The new iPhone three dollars, Nike sneakers comes with the Hondo cord. Then we pee on their currency. Again, they're not even watching. It's just the only way we can pee anymore.
Speaker 2: Olivia. Why how does any of this make up the trade deficit?
Speaker 8: Daisy, baby girl, It's not the trade deficit. This is all to make up for Donald Trump's enormous deficit of attention and love.
Speaker 2: He said as much last night.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, these countries are calling us up kissing my ass.
Speaker 8: They are dying to make it to you.
Speaker 2: Please, please make it.
Speaker 10: You see, he's just a boy standing in front of the world asking to have his ass kissed.
Speaker 8: And once the world fills the aching hole in his heart, the tariffs will end.
Speaker 2: But that will never happen. There's not enough attention in the world to make him feel like a human again. Exactly, bitch. Oh, now I get it. Wow, that was really enlightening. Thanks bitch. Who are you calling? Bitch?
Speaker 8: Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I thought we were having a thing. Yeah, yeah, we're not.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well, thank you for your analysis. No problem.
Speaker 8: I'll see you in twenty thirty nine.
Speaker 5: Oh, Olivia, Olivia.
Speaker 2: Well be gone, Olivia. Mon everyone, when we come back, you'll find out what Welcome back to the Daily Show. Next week, scientists announced that they had produced three cubs with the DNA of the prehistoric dire wolf. Then two days later, a white woman tried to bring one on an airplane as her emotional support animal. But the question is what animal is next in line for de extinction? Troy Iwata found out climate change.
Speaker 3: It could kill us any day now if we're lucky. But one scientist has a solution. Meet doctor George Church. He knows exactly how to card climate change. And the answer is so simple.
Speaker 6: For engineering cold tolerance elements using DNA from ancient extinct wooly mammoths to help us with climate change.
Speaker 3: You're going to bring back the wooly mammoth something like that from the ice.
Speaker 6: Age around that Era.
Speaker 3: Yeah voice by Ray Ramono.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's the theme.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's good. So while some.
Speaker 3: Think they're doing their part with their electric cars, George and his company were making Jurassic Park a reality lost.
Speaker 10: This Bioscience is a genetic engineering firm working to resurrect the wooly mammoth.
Speaker 6: This process, we'll save animals on the brink of extinction that even improve the environment.
Speaker 3: You know, I never thought about the wooly mammoth angle. I almost feel stupid for not thinking about it because it was right there in front of me. I just have one silly question, how exactly is a wooly mammoth going to combat climate change? Are we going to provide them with a canvas tote and metal straws.
Speaker 6: There aren't that many solutions that address the gigantic amount of carbon that could be released in the form of methane from the Arctic. We're concerned about both keeping that carbon in the ground frozen, which means it would be nice to have cold resistant elephants stomp down the snow and allow the minus forty winter wind to come in and cool down the permafrost and knock down the trees and elephants are one of the few animals in the world that will knock down trees.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 6: They love knocking down trees.
Speaker 3: So a big part of this is about knocking down trees.
Speaker 6: And restoring the grasslands and the vibrant ecosystem that came along with right.
Speaker 3: Right, have you considered monster trucks. I feel like with the right combination of monster trucks, monster truck drivers, and meth, you could really knock down a lot of trees.
Speaker 6: We haven't discussed that yet. That's out of the box.
Speaker 3: Well, I am on board. Not because I'm pretending to understand everything that you're saying or comprehend the science behind it. But I would love a pet Willy mammoth. I think that would be fun. Okay, just me and my pet Willie Nelson.
Speaker 2: This is the best idea ever.
Speaker 11: I think it's a bad idea. Extinct species are extinct, bringing them back to influence climate change. It's a non starter.
Speaker 3: There's always a buzzkill. Meet doctor Ross McFee from the American Museum of Natural History.
Speaker 11: I've spent most of my career on ice age, paleontology, on mammoths, on saber tooth cats, you name it. I've been there.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you're a paleontologist who works at the American Museum of Natural History and your name is doctor Ross.
Speaker 11: I know I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 3: Hell, I didn't think today could get any better.
Speaker 2: But oh my god.
Speaker 11: Okay, Troy, here it is. This is the mammas.
Speaker 3: This is what they want to bring back.
Speaker 11: They want to bring this back in all of its glory.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems easy enough.
Speaker 3: The bones are all there.
Speaker 11: Right, but it's a little matter of the soft tissues that we need as well, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Kleenex? Yeah, so how would they even resurrect an extinct species?
Speaker 6: The wooly mammoth and the Asian all very closely related. We can engineer them to be compatible with with genetic engineering tools tools, right.
Speaker 3: So in a way, you're making sort of an Asian hybrid. Correct. Yeah? Okay, Well, now I know why they asked me to do this interview.
Speaker 11: But here's the project. Money that's going to be spent would be much better spent on endangered species that are still with us.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine a beautiful world where humans and wooly mammos play together on Earth?
Speaker 11: We're talking about an animal that is eating three hundred pounds of food a day.
Speaker 3: Three hundred pounds. Someone called TLC.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, nobody wants something that's five to six thousand pounds marching around in their yard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, have you been reading my journal? In my childhood dream journal, I wrote, I want something that's five to six thousand pounds marching around my yard.
Speaker 11: It's a big mistake.
Speaker 3: Well, I was a kid. Both of these geniuses made good points, but only one of them had a secret lab full of prehistoric creatures, and I couldn't believe I was finally going to meet one of these majestic mammoths. Wow, this is this is amazing. So where are the mammoths?
Speaker 6: I think even a simple engineered elephants a little short of mammoth, probably twenty twenty eight at the earliest eight.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: We could show you some elephant cells.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see some elephant cells. Fun.
Speaker 6: These are very preceiate cells.
Speaker 3: Took us years.
Speaker 6: It's very sterile, was sterile, very rich growth media.
Speaker 3: So you're going to turn this water into a wooly mammoth.
Speaker 6: Well, the cells could conceivably contribute to changing the genome.
Speaker 2: Of an elephant.
Speaker 3: Okay, bringing back a wooly mammoth to curb climate change might seem bonkers, but it's either that are carpooling with coworkers we hate. At least this guy will be here when we're all gone.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Rody.
Speaker 2: When we come back, Olivia.
Speaker 7: Mon will be joining me on the pro so don't go away.
Speaker 3: Welcome my guest.
Speaker 2: And Night is a former Daily Show correspondent an actor who stars in the new Apple TV Plus series Your Friends and Neighbors. Please Welcome back, Olivia Moon, Welcome home. Thank you. It is so nice to be here. I love it here. Do you like it? We invite you to come on as a guest, and then we immediately put you to work. I love it.
Speaker 8: This was one of this was when I got the call to be on the Daily Show, it was like, I mean, at that time it was like John Stewart is was it will always be the King of Comedy.
Speaker 2: But to get that call to come on, oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember I was standing right over there.
Speaker 8: It was my first time I was in the dark, and I just was like, oh my gosh, my gosh, and just remember I couldn't breathe. It's like, oh my god, I'm forgetting to breathe. I was so nervous. Yes, it was just the best time of my life.
Speaker 2: And it was probably a whirlwind.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Did you get hired and then immediately put on the show?
Speaker 8: I got I got hired, and then we knew that They're like, you're gonna We're gonna have you on in two weeks. So there was like a two week okay writing process behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. God, And this was twenty eleven, when I was twenty ten, ten eleven, ten to twenty twelve. Okay, I was meaning to ask you, do you mind if I finished that gogurt that you left in the first time?
Speaker 5: I did already?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's They do a lot of great snacks here?
Speaker 8: They do, although I don't You guys wouldn't know because you're not inside the building like that. But you, guys, Trevor did something to the inside of your offices. It's not good. You guys used to be like all open and everybody.
Speaker 2: Could like look over their desks and talk to each other.
Speaker 8: Now it's like it's like you're inside of a train car, right, It's like all compartmentalized.
Speaker 2: Well, they tried to give everyone their individual space, but we're in really tight little spaces now, so it just it does feel like you're working inside of a shoebox. Yeah yeah. And it was already like my office back then was already really shitty. H Now they made them shittier. They're even shittier. Yeah, they really are. You know, Paramount cuts. What do you do? I'm sorry, we don't have Apple TV money?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: During crazy political times like this, are you just like, oh, thank god, I don't have to cover news anymore.
Speaker 8: I yeah, yeah, I don't think I could keep up with it. And honestly, I've just I hear things, you know, I hear some things like today, I heard something about the tariffs, and I was like, oh, yeah, there's tariffs, And I knew I was coming on. So I learned more because I was coming on here. But I kind of go uh through life kind of like uh, like, I have two babies, got a lot of other stuff happening, so it's really hard to uh to think about digesting all of the news.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that sounds so nice, you know, I just just a day of that. Although you have been tapped in because you've been hosting co hosting The Today Show with Jenna and the last week you've been fantastic. Has it? Thanks you? Fun? It's so much fun, it is it?
Speaker 5: Thank You's on there. It's a very fun.
Speaker 8: It's a very fun show to be on. They're really it's just very easy. Do they still give you copious amounts of Chardonay? No, they didn't this time they've let up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that was Yeah, maybe it.
Speaker 8: Was a Kathy Lee thing, but anyways, Yes, it is very nice and pleasant.
Speaker 2: You wade in on the all Females Space mission. Yes, Blue Origin, Blue Origin. Were you surprised by the response that.
Speaker 8: You got that, you know, I was actually very happy to hear. So many people feel the same way. They think it's ridiculous. Yeah, I'll tell them what you said. Yeah, yeah, Well, do you guys know what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Good thing? You don't.
Speaker 8: I mean, but they are going on this press It's like I can't who's in who else in it? It's a there's a group of women, Jeff Bezos is wife, Lauren Sanchez, Katy Perry, Gail King. They're going to space. They're calling it this whole that the a female exploration.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: They were on the cover of El magazine as if they were like making history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: The thing the things that that threw me was that they said they're gonna put the ass an astronaut did They said lot, Yeah, I think Katy Perry said that.
Speaker 2: And they all talked about going in full glam and I think it is King talking about my eyelash glue.
Speaker 8: I couldn't take it. I just was so annoyed by that. Here's my biggest issue with that.
Speaker 2: It like they this big press push feels like they think they are shattering some outer space glass ceiling.
Speaker 8: But I think it's just a girl's trip. Like I'm pretty sure that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Women will stop at nothing for just a good old smashing girls. I will say though, as a woman on this planet in this moment in time, I do love the idea of launching myself into outer space. Well, can I just tell you that if.
Speaker 8: This was all about feminism for them, they wouldn't be putting themselves on that rocket. There are so many female astronauts who have been training their whole lives to go into space and haven't gotten that call, Like yeah, them your seat, them have that say, these are the least qualified people to be in space. And by the way, it's not even space. We could see them right now, Like it's that easy. Like they're not going in a minute mission, right Elevint you're calling it a mission.
Speaker 5: He's going in a mission.
Speaker 2: What's the mission? What's their mission? Tell me? I can't hey to put the ass an astronaut. I guess I get Well, now they're done training. I heard. Well, there's so much to I'm now you've got to be invested in this story.
Speaker 8: Well I only had to get invested because they forced it onto us by telling us in the press all about it and were such a big press push.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have more to say. I want to do an hour podcast on it. All right, well we'll do that. We'll put out an extended cut. Oh my gosh. Congratulations on marrying your love, the brilliant John mulaney. Thank you very much. Last years two beautiful babies, Malcolm in May. I follow you on Instagram and your baby content is very impressive. That makes me so happy because that's pretty much all the content I have. Grawing up. What has it? What has it been? Like being at home. Who's the fun parent of the two of you?
Speaker 8: You know, funny you ask because people would think John because like you know of his history, but but.
Speaker 2: He is the strict parent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and uh it does become like a little bit of an issue, like I'm John will say, like the other day he was like, Malcolm, no throwing balls in the house. And then he leaves and I said, Malcolm, do you want throw the ball in the house?
Speaker 2: You are back.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I grew up in a family five. John grew up in a family of four, so similar. But the difference is like we were like in martial arts as kids. We were like really physical, we thought. I do not think there was like you know, hand to hand combat in John's family growing up. It's a very different Irish Catholic kind of upbringing. So I like things to be a little bit more rowdy. And the other day Malcolm said, Mama, can we throw the beach ball up to the fan and the ceiling And I said, yeah, should we turn it on first? And then we do that, the ball goes flying it breaks a glass obviously, and then John comes in He's like, Olivia, what are you thinking it's what he says to me a lot, and it's true. And then he said, you know what, I realized the kind of parent that you are. He told me that I'm like drop dead Fred.
Speaker 2: As a parent. You guys so dropped it. Oh does any great mood? Does any you guys too young? Some people are not, some people are old enough. Like God, yes, thank you? Look out drop dead Fred. I mean I was like, oh, yeah, that's yeah, I am dropped dead Fred. As a parent, you're the imaginary best friend. I'm the imaginary best friend that's like, do whatever. Let's like make mud pies in the living room. Who cares. I think you're flipping gender stereotypes. I fully support this because you know all about the fun dads, and then the moms have to come in and no, you're a fun mom. I think you own that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I should be a fund.
Speaker 2: Are you having I'm doing this this? Are you kidding me? I'm just waiting for them to pull the rug out from underne guys are doing so great. It's so fun to watch you guys. I remember when I came out, I see your guys on the banners outside. When I was here for two years. I never got a banner. You never got a ban ever got on that never got I asked, John, Can I get the Can I get the banner? We got to get you a banner?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, give me a banner, just an honorary that would be. And maybe next time I come, you can put one up for the day. We will, absolutely and then you can take it back down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we'll take it back down. It'll be an eleven minute mission. It'll be you have you actually took quite a bit of time away from acting to spend the time with your family. You had welcome and you were very open about experiencing postpartum depression. Yeah, postpartum anxiety. Anxiety. Yeah, so I had I'd been prepared for postpartum depression because we hear so much about it.
Speaker 8: But postpartum anxiety came on and it was I don't know if anyone here has gone through that their partners out, but it is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: It is one of the worst experiences of my life. It came on like a month.
Speaker 2: Or two after I had Malcolm, and I woke up at four am. My eyes just pop open and I start going and I keep breathing like that all day long, and I keep waking up like that every day at four am. For a year. Oh my god, for a full year. I just couldn't breathe.
Speaker 8: I just had so much anxiety and it wasn't There was no actual thoughts, and thank god, I didn't have any thoughts of self harm or harming others. I have so much compassion and sympathy for mothers who are going through that, and I think that people don't understand it enough and we're not compassionate enough about what it's like to be a mother and to birth a baby and everything that happens to your body and the hormones. But it was incredibly difficult, but I did make it through to the other side.
Speaker 5: Well, the fact that you're.
Speaker 2: So openly discussing it so helpful to so many other women who have experienced it. You've also been incredibly open about your breast cancer diagnosis, which is not just courageous but an incredibly generous thing to do. I can't even imagine deciding that in that moment in time, everything you were going through. What made you want to share your story? Well, there was a few reasons, but the biggest is that I was looking back on photos with myself and my son, and there was this one video I had of me and him and I was laughing and were playing, and I had had a clear mammogram, like just around that same time, but I had cancer and I didn't know it. And the way that my cancer was found was because my doctor did the Lifetime Risk Assessment test.
Speaker 8: It's this free online test takes a few minutes to take and I link it in my Instagram bio just because there's a very specific one that does the best calculation.
Speaker 2: It's a tire Cusic test.
Speaker 8: And she took it and she said, your score is thirty seven point three percent.
Speaker 2: Anything above twenty percent is considered high risk.
Speaker 8: She sent me to get an MRI, and after that I was diagnosed with multifocal, multi quadrant bilateral breast cancer stage one. Yeah, with a clear mammogram, clear mammogram, clear ultrasound, clear genetic testing for any genetic cancer, so no BRACA or anything like that. I was doing everything I thought I had to do to take care of myself. This test has been around for a very long time. It's just not something people have heard about a lot. So that's why I wanted to talk about it, I said, if I could, I told John, if every woman just knew that they could have their own score right there and take it to their doctor, it could just change their life and save their life.
Speaker 2: And that's why I made the decision to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Especially genuine thing for you to do.
Speaker 2: And you've had women come up to you and say thank you so much for sharing that you've impacted other women's lives by sharing that.
Speaker 8: That's the thing that I was not expecting, because when I was diagnosed, the first thing I said to John was like, don't tell anybody. We're not telling anybody. And it wasn't that I was embarrassed or ashamed. I couldn't deal with other people's worry. You know, if I didn't want to tell my mom, I didn't want I didn't want to hear my sister worry and panic.
Speaker 2: I didn't want my mom to cry. And then I realized.
Speaker 8: Very soon that he needs support as well, So I said, you know, let's just tell whoever we need to tell. But the sisterhood of women who have gone through this, it's so beautiful and so amazing. And every time someone comes up and says something to me or wants to stop and talk to me about their own journey, or their mother or sister, or their wives. It's just it sounds a little cheesy, but I do get healed a little bit more every single time. And it's a strange thing to say it, but and I can only say it because I've made it through to this side. But I would happily go through cancer all over again if it meant that I could reach out to this many people and save this many people's lives a million percent, I would.
Speaker 2: Do it all over it.
Speaker 5: I'm so grateful that you're on.
Speaker 2: The other side of it now and you're healthy, and now you have this, you're back to work, you have this incredible new show. Yeah. Thanks, and you took.
Speaker 5: Some time off.
Speaker 2: But tell us what was so enticing about this project? Was it John Ham's Penis. It doesn't just star John Ham's Penis. Olivia is also in it and Amanda p and a great cast.
Speaker 8: I well, I love it was Apple TV, which I think that they do the coolest content. And then John Hamm, Jonathan Tropper, and it was I love that we're meeting these people John Hamm and myself specifically at this time. And though I but their lives are crumbling. It's about the one percenters in the country and these people who are born into wealth and have everything that you think that you could ever want or need. And John Ham's character loses everything and starts to steal from his rich friends and neighbors to keep up his facade. And my character is the only one in the world that wasn't born into wealth. She has a blue collar upbringing and she married into this. So we meet my character in the middle of a divorce, on the precipice of losing everything, and I really I find it fascinating to watch people who have so much lose it all.
Speaker 2: It's a great prem I mean, there's a ton of conflict, it's you're phenomenal in it. The two of you have such great chemistry. There's like a fun banter and there's like a fun rhythm to the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's Jonathan Trapper's dialogue. He's a fantastic novelist and writer. And John Hamm is an executive producer on this, so we had hit his hand and everything as well.
Speaker 2: It's great. And your scenes with Amanda Pete or Fin I mean, so far, that's my favorite episode. She's so good in it you together. Oh very very good. Yea, and it just got picked up for a second season. So congratulations, thank you, thank you, I adjure you, thank you so much for being here. Congratulations on everything. Thank you for having so much fun with us. We missed you dearly, but we're so happy for all of your success than your friends.
Speaker 5: Levi alone.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a Kickbrik. We'll be right back tonight, but before we go, please consider donating to Susan g coman an organization dedicated to saving lives by meeting the needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. If you can, please donate at the link below now here. It is your moment of zen.
Speaker 9: If this was the strategy all along to bring them to the table, why did you instruct or advisor or maybe they did it on their own. Some of your top aids to say, this is not a negotiation. To hold the line that they were going to hold, the line that you were not going to change a lot.
Speaker 2: Of times, is not a negotiation until it is.
Speaker 4: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching.
Speaker 2: The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 4: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 2: Plus Paramount Podcasts