Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Kaylen Miller Key, and Jared haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: What is going on? Everybody?
Speaker 4: Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being At Newlyweds. It's yours truly Dean and Michael Bell, joined by Kaylin Miller.
Speaker 2: Bell, Yes is your name?
Speaker 4: And Jared I Conetti Jared Miller Bell skyping.
Speaker 3: All in from Virginia, Colorado.
Speaker 1: Virginia, Colorado. It's a great place over here. Weather's a little all over the place. I think I should change my name to Miller Bell. I mean, you guys are both doing it. I really, for the sake of this podcast, I think it should be Dean Calen and Jared Miller Bell love it.
Speaker 3: Wait, you know my male name's not Miller, right, it's Michael.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I think it's time for you to change it as well. I think get rid of the Michael. It's both. First of all, you're it will still be DM like it's the same thing, d m B.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: Wow, your initials are gonna be d matthy good.
Speaker 3: Let's go, biggest fan in the world, Jared, what's up, dude?
Speaker 1: You were very serious. Do you do you love Dave Matthews Band.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I mean I'm impartial. I don't have a feeling towards them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, neither do I. I've never wanted to go to a Dave Matthews band concert because when I was in my early twenties, a lot of my friends would go every summer because they would always tour and they would just smoke a ton of weed.
Speaker 3: Go to the Eastern kind of thing, like jam bandy sort of thing. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll never understand it. I don't get it, don't want to be a part of it like I enjoy. You know, ants Marching. I think that's the name of the song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know singing one of songs, but they know they're so crash.
Speaker 1: You know that song It plays in Joe Dirt Joe Dirte.
Speaker 4: We actually just watched that movie yesterday. Kaitlyn kind of watched it. I watched the whole thing, still holds up, Still a great movie. The Northeast part of the US loves their jam bands. One of my best friends is from Connecticut. He goes to every fish show possible. Hasn't missed a fish show in twenty years. We went into a Green Sky bluegrass show at Red Rocks a couple of months ago, and that's it's obviously not Jambian because it's bluegrass, but they have a gam band persona kind of thing like a feel to them where they'll play, you know, they've got a four minute song on a track, but they'll turn that song into twenty minutes and then they'll play eighty songs. And it got to the point where we looked at each other, We're like, we're exhausted, let's get out of here. And they probably still had at least two more hours of playing left.
Speaker 3: But that's neither here nor there. Jared, what's up with you? And what have we missed? I feel like you were at a wedding this past weekend.
Speaker 1: I was so I got a quick question before we talk about the wedding because we were talking about Fish.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is fish spelt pH? I sh or? Is it fish?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's that dude. I don't know any of their songs. How do I know the band fish? Though? Why is that such a thing? And I don't know any of their songs.
Speaker 4: They're a band that, like you go to one of their shows, or you don't. Of course, you go to one of their shows and they'll play I think I'm pretty sure it was fish that they had like ten consecutive days at Madison Square Garden and they didn't play a single repeat song.
Speaker 3: They play because they'll.
Speaker 4: Play other people's songs, they'll like cover them and they'll do like, you know, six minute guitar solo riffs.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be like going to a bar and seeing a cover band.
Speaker 3: But they're very talented cover band.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of talented cover bands. Anyway, we don't have to talk about this. But wedding. Yes, I went to our friend Courtney's wedding out in Tahoe Reno area. It was nice. It was very nice. You know, just long travel day, but that was okay. Flew out Friday. We left Dawson very sad. He was he because we left early in the morning, at like six forty five, so he wasn't up yet, and he of course, of course he's usually never up, but as soon as we weren't even making any noise, but he just woke up on his own. He must have sensed that we were leaving. Starts to crying, scream crying. We felt bad because we had to get on the road, and so we just left the babysitter with a scream crying Dawson, which is always just heart wrenching.
Speaker 3: So you guys do what to Los Angeles and then up to Reno or something.
Speaker 1: No, I flew to Denver. So we were in your area from Boston to Denver, denveron Toreno. It was like an outside out of outside out of Reno Airport close to Tahoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we've been there. We went to that airport together. I just saw someone mention that Ashley was the officiant.
Speaker 1: Ashley was the officiant. So Courtney is someone that we've worked with with brand deals. So she is a big Bachelor fan. The way that Courney and Ashley met, it's Courtney is a big Bachelor fan.
Speaker 3: And she.
Speaker 1: Lived in Northern California at the time, and she would always go to LA because she wanted to be in LA. She wanted to be in the industry. And so she was tweeting at Ashley one day saying, Hey, I'm going to be at the grove. I'm going to be at the grove, Like you should come to the grove. I'll see you there, and she kept tweeting Ashley, and Ashley noticed it because she kept tweeting at Ashley saying I'll be at the grove. She's like, this girl's tweeting me. This was back in twenty fifteen sixteen. So anyway, Ashley forgets about it. Later that day, Ashley ends up at the grove and guess who's there but Courtney. And so of course Courtney goes up rushes up to Ashley and she's like, oh my god, I'm the girl who's tweeting at you. I can't believe you're here. And so they talked for a while and then Courtney is very warm and welcoming, and then she's like, I want to work in the industry, you know, I want to help, Like I want to be in PR marketing, And so Ashley in her exchange information and then she's like, you know, can I help get brand deals for you? And Ashley is like, you know, sure, of course absolutely. And she's a really hard worker and she's savvy, and she's she started her own company. She's really grown. She's worked with she worked with a lot of bachelor people like Heather. Do you guys remember Heather who was on Colton's season. Her storyline was she never was kissed. So Heather Martin, who's been on this podcast before, and so Heather was there, which was nice. Taylor Nolan was there. She's worked with Taylor before. I think those are the only two Bachelor people that were there. But I know she's worked with other people as well, but she still worked. She's you know, I still work with her and she still does stuff with Ashley's other podcasts. I don't get it. So Courtney asked if Ashley would officiate the wedding, and Ashley did an awesome job. She killed it, crushed it, which I figured she would. I mean, we're also used to public speaking at this point that, you know, coming up with a yule excuse me, not a eulogy, but like a speech the opposite of what. Yeah, we all dressed in black. But it was very nice, and.
Speaker 3: That is it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I shouldn't talk about weddings right now because obviously there's a big wedding coming up. Great.
Speaker 3: We like to get the scoop, the inside scoop. What what did you like about the wedding? How big was it? What didn't you like about it give us all all the juicy deats.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I don't want to make you guys self conscious, like I feel like we can't critique any I don't feel like I should critique any weddings right now. And the wedding was beautiful. It was a great wedding.
Speaker 2: It was very.
Speaker 1: Personalized, which I think Ashley did a great job. You know, anything Ashley does, she always makes it personal. But I found that that was so much more endearing because she really told the story about how she met Courtney and then how Courtney met Dima, who is her now husband, and uh, you know, and then she was able to talk to a lot of her friends and she really told stories about them to meeting in high school and then being high school sweethearts and then breaking up and then getting back to get there, and then Ashley talking about how her and Coordinator so similar in a lot of ways and everything was so personal. That was really it was really nice ceremony.
Speaker 4: So are you guys like friends of these people or is it just kind of like, yeah, we're friends, Okay, Oh yeah, we're friends with you guys like hanging out and do stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, we were in La we'd always, like, you know, we'd get coffee together. She lives in La so I mean we're never there anymore obviously.
Speaker 4: Right right, right, But this was another thing where that they like met once and they thought it'd be cool to have actually officiate.
Speaker 3: But there, you guys are.
Speaker 1: We would have said no, we would not have gone. It was way too long of a travel to sure have known somebody for one day and be like, yeah, well we'll fly to Reno to go to your wedding. Get the hell out of it.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe you guys were feeling generous, but that's awesome, glad you said fun. Did you guys go on the lake at all?
Speaker 1: No, we had no time because literally flew in Friday, got in at like seven, went straight to the rehearstal of dinner, then went to bed, woke up the next day, and then Ashley had to start getting ready with everybody consumed deficient. So she was with Courtney and the bridesmaids all day at like eleven and so I just kind of was on the computer, walked around. The ceremony was at four, and then we fool out a five point forty the next morning.
Speaker 4: You don't have to see female officiants. You don't know, well's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. I have an answer for you, So are you?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I feel like I can't talk about the wedding because I don't want to talk about things that I liked and didn't like. And then have you guys be like, oh, I didn't think of that, or is this going to be bad?
Speaker 3: It's not gonna hurt our feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our feelings aren't easily hurt. And oh yeah, you're you're very sensitive. One thing that we're not doing at the wedding, we're not doing any speeches because we've been to too many where they go on and on for so long. So that's something we're standing our ground on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after Jared Nash's wedding, I said, no more speeches.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: We went to one recently and it just, you know, I think we talked about on the podcast there of the bride came out with like stacks stapled paper. It was probably like ten pages long, and we're like Jesuise and like nobody can really eat.
Speaker 1: Was so no speeches at all, no speech Maybe.
Speaker 2: I talked to the DJ yesterday and I said no, but if you want to he said, I'll put Mike's at whoever table is speaking.
Speaker 3: My brother was like, you have to let me give a speech. You have to let me give a speech.
Speaker 1: Of course, I'm gonna say something. Speeches are my favorite part of the wedding because there is nothing that I love more. Because what listen, the whole reason I'm at this wedding, anybody's wedding. I'll talk about your specific but any wedding is to see the two people who I'm there for and to celebrate their love. And so what I love is those It's kind of similar to watching Bachelor toooes to an extent, like yes, of course, like the traditional stuff of a wedding is great and fun, but what I am there is to see and like be like feel your love and like there's few things that I now obviously there's you know, certain circumstances with anybody's wedding in terms of family members or friends of like who's going to give the speech, who's not going to give the speech, but like you know, a father of the bride speech or or you know, even like your brother's speech, like if it's and now some best man speeches suck because guys are stupid and they don't make it personal, and they're like, oh, I'm just going to tell you know, stupid ass stories about the groom and how he's a moron, and it's like, no, that's not I want to hear about, Like why do you love your brother or your sister or your son or your daughter, and like what is it about their significant other that you're so excited for them to have like bring to the family. Those are the speeches that I I just I yeah, I really love.
Speaker 4: Two of the last speeches of the of the few weddings we went into, the brother of one of the groom or bride I can't remember got so drunk and so they were just standing up there like slurring their words, getting on like an infinite loop where they just kept saying the same thing over and both cases, the same thing over and over and over again. They started off and then eventually started realizing that they're just they don't know what they're saying. So maybe if we do speeches, we would do it before the drinks start flowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I'm still anti.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, listen, we can't let jerry your wedding at our wedding though, if Jared comes back on the stat this is the after start saying how disappointed he was.
Speaker 1: This is why I don't want to talk about weddings, because everybody wants to do their own thing, which you absolutely should. But as you could tell, Dean's speeches were very important and impactful part of our rehearsal and wedding itself, because we really wanted people to hear from our loved ones. Hypothetically speaking, if you said, okay, there were speeches at this wedding, one or two speeches, who would you guys choose to give speeches?
Speaker 4: Well, I feel still think I'm gonna let my brother do it, just because he said he wanted to. I didn't even think anyone would want to. Whenever anyone asks for a speech, I have only been asked to you one speech. I was like, crap, okay, fine, Yeah, so I didn't want to like put it at that burden.
Speaker 3: On anyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Torris asked a few times as well, and I keep shooting her down.
Speaker 3: Great, you get toy. I would take Brad well.
Speaker 2: Then my siblings are't gonna say anything, but they're not public speakers. It would be interesting. Bella would not even take the microphone.
Speaker 3: So you get one and I'll get one. Let's do that. Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Who I'm not saying you should do this, but so Caitlin, who, who would you have?
Speaker 2: One of my best friends? My siblings just aren't public speakers. His brothers, well, one of them is.
Speaker 3: One of them is not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of that's what I was like. Ross asked, Well.
Speaker 3: Of course you did it. You knew the answer before you asked the question.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll make Jared happy. We'll do two speeches, one for the.
Speaker 1: I just love hearing from loved ones about how much they love you, guys, because it is a celebration of love.
Speaker 3: We just don't have any It's going to have many people that love us. So it's tough. It's tough to first from the bottom of the barrel here.
Speaker 2: But I think Dan and I both hate being the center of attention, and so.
Speaker 3: We refer to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just have that one day. Just forget about that, because you will be the center of attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's just like speeches. Oh, I don't know, if people saying nice things about me, you're gonna give uncomfortable you have.
Speaker 3: To give a speech. You have to thank everyone for coming.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 4: You have to tell everyone how special they are to you have to go round the room and point out every single.
Speaker 3: Person and tell them how meaningful they are too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, that's your job. Oh okay, you're better at this. You've been a podcasts for six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's my job. Well yeah, so I guess we're going to have two speeches now. Thanks. Thanks for the info, Jared. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: See that's why we're glad that we poked in pride a little bit and got this out of you.
Speaker 1: I'm serious appreciate the speech is sucked. Now it's all on me.
Speaker 4: Well, then you have to step up and give a speech to mend everything, and and then you'll be the speech that everyone talks about afterwards about how great it was.
Speaker 1: I think in life in general, at least for me specifically, it's for some reason I have a hard time actually saying what I mean in terms of like it's it's still weird even with my I mean, of course I tell my parents I love them, but like I never really explain how I feel, you know, in terms of like what my love is all about? And in weddings, there's opportunity to do that and and and they're never weird, you know. So someone who gives a good speech and really it like, hey, not only do I love you, but this is why I love you, and I have to really think about exactly like what you mean to me and try to explain that to words. And I love hearing that because I don't hear it that often, and even for someone like people that I'm not that close with, like you know, I'm friends with Courtney and Dmitri, but like I'm not that close. But hearing you know, their family members and their friends talk about what they mean to them, of course makes me think about my own family and my own friends. So that's why I love speeches so much, because it's just like this moment where everybody in the room just becomes super vulnerable and just talks about their feelings and how much they care about other people in this room and what they mean to them. And I don't know, it's just a cool moment. But listen, listen, listen. This is your wedding, not mine. Who gives I've had my moment, My moment has passed. This is your moment, So you guys, do what you want to do. I will say, to your credit, Jared, my other brother's wedding, like the impromptu wedding and taw funny enough. Actually I did not give a speech out and it was tiny. It was like just both of our families. There's maybe like sixteen people. I regret not giving a speech because I regret not being able to say what Jared was just saying. I regret not being able to say to my brother in that one moment, like sure, you could say it any other time, but that's the moment where you can really just let it fly, let that person know how much you love them, how much you always love them, and it's like not expected, but it's like, you know, that's the time to do it.
Speaker 4: And I regret not I regret not doing it. So I see where Jared's coming from. Interesting, But I don't think anyone would go to our wedding and have that regret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I highly doubt that.
Speaker 3: That's Wow.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm out of it.
Speaker 3: But there are times.
Speaker 4: There are times too where I'm on this podcast telling a story about something. Well this is maybe a little off topic, but I'm telling a story about something and I think I'm doing a great job explaining it, and I go into great detail and then I listen back to it and I'm like, wow, that's where he was twenty seconds long.
Speaker 3: It felt like I was talking for five hours. So I don't know. I need to get better at that, I guess.
Speaker 2: But is that how long your vowls are going to be?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Five hours?
Speaker 2: No, twenty seconds?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Hey, I'm really happy to be here, Kaylen, I love you so much. Thank you for being here. By What about yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on my to do list, just to refine them, finalize them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still need to write mine down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's wearing me.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Why do you always have to worry about the things that I'm doing?
Speaker 2: That's what I am. I'm a worried please.
Speaker 4: Everything, everything is getting done that that needs to be done, and yet you're still worrying about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, unnecessarily, we've been very sassy this morning.
Speaker 3: I am cranky. I just woke up, okay and crank you crankster in the morning, so we get for having to record at seven in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, seven in the morning.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: You're in Vegas. Wait, what else do you guys still have to do. I mean, there's probably like everything's probably almost pretty much taken care of at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. Dean had his bachelor party last weekend, and how'd that go?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: When we were recording the podcast, he got like ten missed calls and it was about the bachelor party. Do you want to fill them in?
Speaker 3: Great bachelor party?
Speaker 4: While we're recording this podcast, If you recall, I stepped away right at the very end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I held that because I had answered call.
Speaker 4: It was the houseboat rental company calling to tell us that the houseboat rental was no longer available to us, so we didn't have a houseboat for the weekend.
Speaker 3: And it was very frustrating.
Speaker 4: All my friends, not all of my friends, but most of my friends were already like kind of on their way down there. Some of them had already flown out, and they're already like in Vegas, ready to drive down, and yet we're getting calls three hours before we're supposed to check in for our houseboat saying that it's not available to us now.
Speaker 3: For the whole weekend.
Speaker 1: Did it sink?
Speaker 4: They were claiming there was high winds and the winds fractured the fuel tank and water got into the fuel tank, which just sounds like a loadablooney to me.
Speaker 1: And so when you bring your car to a dealership and they're like, yeah, there's a thing in the rudder, and then uh, in the axle pipe there's some exactly, uh, there's there's a person in there, so we got to pry him out.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about with cars. And you bring it to mechanics and they're like, oh, you need to put in a turn signal fluid and do all this stuff, and it's just like, Okay, I feel like you're giving me the run round right now. So I want to go on record and say, if you're ever thinking about going to Lake Havasu, there's only one houseboat rental company, Lake CAVESU Houseboats.
Speaker 3: Just to avoid them, just to avoid them. They're the worst. I'm so mad. I'm not mad.
Speaker 4: It still turned out to be a great weekend, but the whole point of going there was to be on a houseboat for three to four days and they took that away from us, and it really makes me upset. So what we did was we just got a hotel room and we did like boat rentals like pontoon built rentals every single day, which is still fun. And I think everyone still had fun, but it just wasn't. It wasn't the experience that I was hoping to have. So yeah, so that was my experience and it was fun. But I'm happy it's over. I'm glad I never have to do it again.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean glad you never have to do it again.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I never have to have another bachelor party again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what did you guys do?
Speaker 2: Did you So?
Speaker 1: You just got rented pontoons and we just drank. To be honest, what is a punt in?
Speaker 4: It's like three big tanks on the bottom and then just like a big platform on top. It's not like a speedboat. It's just like a kind of a big social boat.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you guys went out there, had some you know, drink, some good.
Speaker 4: Laughs, sit some like cliff jump in, and some tubing and stuff, and like I said, it was good fun. We went to the casino every night. You know, most of us won money, which is always a pleasant experience. But it just have a sue is it's beautiful there, It's no Lake Powell. It seems to be more of like a party scene, and it just it's one of those places where once you go, and I don't want to offend anybody, but it's like, once you go there, you're you're never gonna go back, unless unless you're into that kind of thing. Unless that's like you live in Southwest US and you have a boat, and maybe that is like your vacation. But for me personally, I don't have any interest in going back to have too, and I'm pretty sure none of them will be going back either there. But yeah, it was fun and exhausting, and like I said, Glad, I never have to go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one and done.
Speaker 4: One and done unless you want to have like a ten year into the wedding into the marriage. Now unless you guys get married again, you know, Yeah, would you ever renew your vows, Jared now that you uh Er and Ashley just experienced love again.
Speaker 1: So Ashley and I talked about this because Ari and Lauren just renewed their vows. Ashley is not down for this idea because her whole thing is once you do your vows, it's supposed to be forever. So there's no point in saying it again or renewing your vows unless something bad happens and then you need to like be born again Christian just like us.
Speaker 3: I know we haven't even given our vows yet, but would you ever renew our vows?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm into the idea. Maybe like twenty years in, but in ten years it seems too soon.
Speaker 3: Ten years it's a long time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're going to be thirty eight, yeah, but then you can start playing your fortieth birthday, yeah, which is pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess, I don't know. I've never thought that's something that I'm super interested in, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: So how do you feel about Ari and Lauren renewing their vows? Well?
Speaker 2: How long have they been married?
Speaker 3: Maybe like four years? I have no idea, that's a guest. Maybe five.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's, you know, up to each individual couple, and maybe they wanted this to be more intimate or something. I don't know. I'm not It's again, we haven't even got married yet, smoth. That's why I'm like, nah, I'm good, because we haven't even given our vowels.
Speaker 3: Yet, right, Why would you think about renewing it.
Speaker 4: Why would you think about your next birthday when you haven't even had your first birthday.
Speaker 2: It's a thirtieth birthday is a big deal.
Speaker 3: No, No, I understand.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good about twenty nine.
Speaker 3: So many things. That's the last year of your twenties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of good things about twenty nine.
Speaker 4: So you guys are not going to renew your vowse No, not going to readew the vows? Well what was Ashley's take on Arian Lauren doing it?
Speaker 1: Not that nothing bad. It was just like she's not going to do it. She doesn't because obviously I was like, oh, they didn't renew the vows? Would you ever do that? And you know, you know Ashley, she's so over the top dramatic. She's like, Jared, are you out of your mind? When we said those things? It was forever And I'm like, okay, take it easy, psycho, So that, yeah, won't happen. I don't know. I don't know if I'm down with renewing vows like whatever, because when you think about renewing vows or doing something all over again, it means something went awry, right, Like yoah, you have to do it. Again, or I guess what's the point of renewing vows is something bad doesn't happen, just to kind of like maybe spice things up again. Maybe just reconfess, reprofess, reprofess. I've already professed. What's up with reprofessing? It's already out in the universe. I've said everything.
Speaker 4: I mean, I agree with you guys. I don't really get it either, But every relationship is different.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Easton said some people do it just to have another wedding. Well, you know that's uh, that's crazy, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: Who wants to spend that money twice.
Speaker 1: I would spend that money twice what I guess I had yet, So we'll see. It was one of the best days of my life. Like I look back on it and a lot of people, but I don't think, oh, should we have spent the money? Should we not spend the money? I would never hesitate and we would do it all over again. Maybe not spend the money again. But if we could go back in time and they're like, hey, you don't have to spend this type of money, you don't have to have this wedding, be like, I don't care. Like every Penny, we spend I want to do it all over again.
Speaker 4: It's probably like a drug that once you do it, you'll never you'll spend the rest. If you want to chase that high again, you'll never reachieve the same amount of before that you felt that same day. You could have ten more weddings with Ashley and not a single one of them would equal how great the first one was. You know, it's like maybe getting close maybe, but it eventually it just gets less and less and less. That's how I would imagine at least maybe.
Speaker 1: And also how many people are going to your wedding Roughly.
Speaker 2: Seventy five seventy five.
Speaker 1: So about seventy five, right, those seventy five people for that night, I don't know like who staying or who's staying the weekend, who's not, But like that night, the night of your wedding, those seventy five people will never be in the same room ever again. When you think about that, and I think that's why I meant so much to Ashley, and I like the people that you're inviting. These seventy five people obviously mean something to you. They're important to you, and it was the same thing for us, Like I look back and those people that came to our wedding, they're important to me. I care about them a lot, and like they'll that will never happen. I'll never forget, I think, Dean. I don't know if it was I don't know if you were there, but it was the morning after our wedding, and I just have this vivid image. It was Nick, Ben and my dad and they were all talking in the hotel lobby before people were leaving, and I remember just thinking like these like Nick and Ben have been such an important part of my life, and obviously my dad is the most important part of my life besides you know, my mom my, you know Ashley and Dawson. But it's like they have never they literally just meant and they'll probably never see each other again, Like who knows, Like is my dad ever going to see Ben again? Is my dad ever going to see Nick again? Probably not? And so it's so weird to me that these people who are so impactful in my life just will never cross paths again. And so that's why I think that night was so special to us, because Ashley and I really tried to focus in on that and realize, like these collection of people that we've invited, that we've brought together that have been so impactful to us, are together under one roof and this will never happen again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. We'll be together for your funeral.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but well actually I'm hoping, like love my parents. I'm hoping my parents are not there at my funeral.
Speaker 3: Very fair. Yeah, and I'm sure they would say the same thing. Yeah, that's fair, at.
Speaker 1: Least I hope they would if they were, Like I kind of hope Jared gets knocked off before like dad, what, Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 4: Weird you never want out love your parents. And then Dylan got married that looked like looked extravagant.
Speaker 2: Very extravagant in Paris.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: The location was awesome and beautiful? Yeah, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: It looked extravagant.
Speaker 2: It's it's funny because and the photos got released right after we've recorded this podcast last week, and Dean was talking about not wearing white tux, but Dylan wore white tux.
Speaker 3: He wore to like the reception or something like that, And it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny timing.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to talk down white tuxes. He looked great in his Yeah, he pulled it off, and he's a white tux guy. And I mean that with the most love. He looked he looked great. He just looked so good in it. But yeah, it looked extravagant. Ours will not be not nearly close to it was extravagant. Is that there was like fireworks. It was in like a mansion in France.
Speaker 1: I gotta know how much that month that that wedding.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine the fire alone.
Speaker 1: It had to be a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that's probably close to what it was.
Speaker 1: Like anybody who's ever planned a wedding, which is probably a lot of people listening to this podcast, looking at that wedding, you're like, that's a million dollar wedding. How could you possibly get anything cheaper? Then, like, there's no way that's cheaper than a million dollars. What I just saw that firework, those fireworks, dude, that was more impressive than my town's fireworks at the Fourth of July. That was insanity. And so we're talking to Heather because Heather was at Courtney's wedding. She literally flew directly from France to Tahoe to go to the wedding, and she was saying that, like it wasn't even like that beautiful mansion that was in the background of everybody's photos, like that was a part of the wedding. You had to walk into the mansion and walk through it, and the ceremony was outside, but like you got to keep going in and out of that building, Like damn very expensive.
Speaker 4: Do you wish you could go on Joey's season of The Bachelor? Joey, he's the new Bachelor.
Speaker 2: No, because I'm engaged to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's like a big tennis guy. Oh cool, and he's freaking cute.
Speaker 2: Heck, that's pretty cool that he's a tennis guy. Maybe he can give you some lessons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can play, Yeah, but you can't flirt with them.
Speaker 2: Well, he'd be giving you lessons. How would I flirt with them?
Speaker 4: Because while he's giving me lessons and I'm like chasing the balls around, you could be like flirting with them.
Speaker 2: You're insane, Joey.
Speaker 3: You're so much better at tennis and team is he always.
Speaker 1: Just cranky in the morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is going on with him, I didn't sleep well last night.
Speaker 4: Alistair is the smallest dog here in a king sized bad He took the whole bad up. I've always been a morning cranky person.
Speaker 2: If he's real today, Oh my gosh, I don't even.
Speaker 3: Think that's true at all.
Speaker 2: It is true.
Speaker 4: No, I've always been a cranky morning person ever since the dawn of time. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of.
Speaker 3: Keeping it together.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't sleep three thousand miles away, and you probably.
Speaker 2: Can't tell that I'm cranky too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can tell you, No, you can't.
Speaker 2: I have a reason to be cranky. I woke up. I've talked about my period too much on this podcast, but started my period and my cramps have been unbearable. So I woke up at three. I'm with just stabbing cramps and they haven't released.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why I didn't sleep well, because you were You and Alista were taking up the whole bed.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, if there is a god, like, why did he was just decide to give women all the it's horrible, Like, why was he Like they're going to get periods, They're the ones who are gonna get pregnant. They're the ones who are gonna get ut as. They're the ones that I could have to deal with all.
Speaker 3: This because if guys like the way we possibly could, you guys would be extinct. We'd be extincted, be a world fully of females.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't like I It's just a poor Yeah, I gotta be honest. I don't know. I just I feel I feel guilty a lot of times because like we talk about having the second kid right now, we have those conversations all the time. I'm like, Ashley, I am not the one who's gonna be pregnant, and I am the one who is hesitant about jumping into another kid because you know, we're I feel like we're in a good place now. I feel like every parent was like that though every parent listening is just it's so relatable. It's like, of course I want more kids. It's a gift to have kids. And I love having Dawson, and of course I want Duston and have a sibling. But dang, we gotta like just we get just jump back into it and be like, all right, we're not sleeping. We just got to like just power through. Dude, A buddy of mine right now, his daughter's sleep regressing. He hasn't slept in three months. It's three months. He's like, dude, I get three hours of sleep and it's been three months straight of this, and I'm like, I've been there, like I know, I know exactly what we're talking about. And if we have another kid like Dawson, we're just voluntarily jumping back into this and it's terrifying. And then Ashley poor ash like, oh my god, you have to put on all that weight. Your body just transforms and then you're just constantly either sick or feel like you're going to be sick, or you're uncomfortable. And I'm like, Dan, you got just good you know, isolute? You? I got nothing else? Just I'll get you McDonald's. I'll get it whatever you need.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's one of those things whenever I'm about to do something, like when like I just jumped off the cliff and have a suit, or if you're skydiving or something, you're like afraid to do it, but then the second you know you're jumping, you're like, all right, we're doing it, and you just have to like figure out a way to him to get through it. And then you get through it and it's maybe not as bad as you expected it to be. But it's just like when you're it's never on that side though, it's like hard to hard to rationalize what the experience is going to.
Speaker 1: Be, Like, yeah, you just make it work. You're in survival mode at that point.
Speaker 3: And it's like you don't really have a choice.
Speaker 4: You're you're already in the air, or you've already had the baby, so's or you're having a baby. So it's like, well, there, you have no other choice but to make the best of it.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I'm not excited to be pregnant. Yeah, so I'm just going to hold out as long as I can. No, I do want to be pregnant.
Speaker 1: I wish I could get pregnant, I will say. I will say now that Ashley, of course weird to say this knows Dawson. She looks back upon that time and thinks like, Wow, that was Dawson, the thing that I love more than anything in this world growing inside me, and that makes it all worth it for her. When she thinks about it that way, she's like, I, you know, of course I want to do that again because I want whatever kid I have, if I have the opportunity to carry that child, like, I want that experience to know that like while that like Dawson, the kid that we see running around that says Mama and dadda and is forming this personality and is so loving, that was in my belly like that thing. So that is obviously incredible to think about and I totally understand. And as Dean said, you know, he wants to get pregnant experience that I wish.
Speaker 4: I wish I could be pregnant there. It's amazing that you girls get to experience that. It's like literally the basis of human life and you get a contribute to that, carry this child nine months and then birth it out. That's like a that's like for someone that enjoys adrenaline stuff, like, I don't think I'll ever be able to match the amount of adrenaline girls feel when they're having a baby, because it's just there's so much.
Speaker 3: It's just so cool.
Speaker 4: It's very cool, and yes, it's there's a lot of challenges that come along with it, but it's something that you'll never be able to replicate that experience with any other thing in the entire world, and I'm just I'm a little envious. Of course, of course I'm not envious of the morning sickness and the pains and the weight gain and all that stuff. But still it's something I'll never get to experience, which maybe makes makes me want it a little bit more interesting. Yeah, okay, yeah, so I guess we should maybe call it the huh, yeah.
Speaker 2: We should call it?
Speaker 3: Will you call it for us?
Speaker 2: You call it? I call it every week?
Speaker 3: Now you do not call it every week. It's been a lot of me and Jared on this podcast. We need you to at least call it for us.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thanks for listening everyone. Oh, we do have an exciting episode coming on Thursday. We have Shan Budram coming on the podcast to talk about sex, relationships, all sorts of things, all the things that Dean loves. And make sure you subscribe so you don't miss that episode and tuning next week where maybe we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at being.
Speaker 2: Newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.