Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noah.
Speaker 3: They called me Ben.
Speaker 4: We're joined as always with our superproducer Andrew the try Force Howard. Most importantly, you are you.
Speaker 3: You are here.
Speaker 4: That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Fellow conspiracy realist friends and neighbors across the US and across the world. Let us be the first to welcome you to Thursday, April seventeenth with a very special happy birthday to one of our favorite COVID babies, our super producer Andrew's kat Astrid, who is approximately five years old.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's so exciting. We have one more shout out to do because as of today, when we were recording this on April seventh, Monday yesterday, you guys, stuff you should Sandwich consummate caller to the United States of stuff they don't want you to know. Uh, he got hitched.
Speaker 3: He is a freshly married Congratulations. We're sorry we couldn't make it on the sub bro.
Speaker 2: I know we wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: We wanted to be there, so we'll try to.
Speaker 4: We consider us randomly ap period on a submersible to be the most appropriate of anniversary gifts for the first year, right forget paper.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have word from the Earl of Sandwich that we should make our way back to Philadelphia sometime soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, together, I was just there.
Speaker 5: I wish I would have known.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the invitation.
Speaker 4: We love, we love traveling to meet everyone. Thank you also to everybody who has written into us from the land down Under inviting us to make some appearances in Australia. The best we can say for now is we're just gonna keep pitching to accounting.
Speaker 5: And let us also double down to hear back from some of those folks from Australia to let us know what are some great classic films of Australia cinema that we should check.
Speaker 2: Out, and also give us a heads up when your country of origin stops letting American passport holders into your country.
Speaker 4: Right, and tell us which passports we should use hypothetically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we've got stacks.
Speaker 5: Got drawers of them along with our loose diamonds floorboards.
Speaker 4: No comment on that one. But I forgot one fact we did not include in our episode on the disappear of Harold Holts. You guys, and I want to thank our Australian conspiracy realist Teres who hips me to this. Originally, there is a there's a lot of stuff named after Harold Holt in Australia and one of those things is the Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Center.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's nice.
Speaker 5: Feels a little dark, yeah, I bet, but yeah, yeah, yeah. He was a strong swimmer. Yeah, that's right. He was a strong swim.
Speaker 3: He was a strong swimmer, a lifelong swimmer.
Speaker 5: And use the buddy system.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, just see and listen for the whistle, as they say in Summer Camp. We are so happy to explore some of our correspondence that we receive around the clock twenty four hours, seven nights a week. We're going to hear from Angry Biscuit, We're going to talk with Proud with Flea. Before we do any of that, however, we're going to dive into something that's been sort of a hobby horse of ours ever since our series on astrology and the government. Could there be a scientific basis for astrology. This is a series of continuing conversations, and boy, we got a lot of responses, didn't we know?
Speaker 5: We did, And we're going to talk about one in particular from our buddy Astrolo John. After a word from our sponsor, and we're back with today's first piece of listener correspondence from Astrolo John. Astrolo John begins, Hey guys, longtime listener, first time writer. I recently listened to your two parter on astrology and government and wanted to share some thoughts I've had on astrology as a scientist with a background in ecology, evolution, and environmental science, in case they are useful for a future episode on the topic. Boy are they, Astrolojohn. After dismissing the subject out of hand for most of my life, I think like many of us did, A few years back, I decided to give it a look with a more open mind, and now, after wading through mountains of bulls beat me there, I think I've found a few things of interest. My current view is that astrology is essentially the answer to a question I haven't seen asked much in the scientific community. How do species create individuals? With distinct and varied personalities. As someone who grew up in a big family, it always struck me how my siblings and I had such different personalities and consequent life trajectories despite sharing the same parents and environment. And it seemed to me this pattern would also be crucial in determining the evolutionary success of populations of any type of social animal. Essentially, if every individual in a breeding population had the same personality type, it seems like they would be less able to adapt to changes in their environment than a population that had many different personality types. For example, a group of all risk averse homebodies would be great at building small communities but terrible at making new discoveries, while a group of restless wanderers would be the opposite. But how could evolution generate an array of personality types that aren't necessarily dependent on genetic lineage. Well, one way to do it would be through linking individual brain development to the bands of the Earth's electromagnetic field that are influenced by the other nearby or large bodies in our solar system, the Sun, Moon, and other planets. As we and the other planets orbit around the Sun, the electromagnetic field of the Earth is subtly pushed and pulled in predictable but complex ways. Recent experiments like the one shown in this veritassium video, oh Man veritassium. I actually met the guy that does those videos when we were in the Middle East recently, and his name is Derek Muller and a really lovely dude, excellent science communicator and really some high quality videos there on his YouTube veritassium like the one that Astroojohn mentions here he goes on. Videos like this have shown that human brain waves change in response to very small changes in the Earth's field, creating a link between our brains, the Earth, and the rest of our solar system. Tapping into this phenomena would allow for an essentially infinite variety of personalities that were all built from the same dozen or so building blocks. Taking a tentative step out into this tree branch led me to a few additional ideas. The first was that the zodiac constellations merely serve as the number on a watch face, simply providing markers against which we can measure the watch hands of the Sun, moon, and planets. This does away with concerns about the procession of the equinox and the thirteenth zodiac sign, as well as any woo woo magical force needed to link extremely distant an ancient starlight to brain functionality here on earth. The second was that this astrological effect wouldn't really be a tool for divination other than some loose probabilities based around the type of personalities generated in a given period of time. The third was that all of this could be super useful as a framework for better unders standing and predicting human behavior on larger scales if we are someday able to put it on any kind of real scientific foundation. I'll leave it there for now since this is already getting along. But in short, I think there are some tantalizing clues that there might be some real truths hidden away behind the astrology label that deserves some real study. Love to hear y'all's thoughts on all this. Thanks for all the years of quality information and entertainment. PS. If this ends up being read, you can refer to me as John, or as my wife calls me when I'm hyperfixating on this stuff Astrolojohn. That's so cool. I don't even know where to start. It's like you gave a name and a basis, a scientific basis to the things that are often observed as being like the truths behind astrology and the parts that make it more you know, kind of like captivating, because I think if anybody takes a hard enough look at astrology, you're going to find some things that maybe seem outside of just the fortune cookiness of it all and the sort of random to your point, ben Horoscope kind of writing of it all. I just thought this was brilliant, and you know, I think it puts a lot of shape and a lot of meat on the bones of some things that we three. I think we're already kind of considering what do you guys think, n.
Speaker 2: Estrala John Nay I say to you, and I'm just show you. I think there's just a couple other things that I was thinking about as we're reading through Estralo John's message here together. The first thing is just I think that initial link to like between the brain and all those things, saying that a group of people growing up in the same environment aren't going to have any changes in between them, because we do know we know studies like the same family depending on the birth order of children in that family. There are generalized personality traits that can be applied, not always right. Again, it's generalized, so it doesn't always work, but just small things. If everybody, even though everybody has the same family members, the same environment, all that same stuff. The place where you sleep inside a dwelling might change your personality a little bit. The order in which you are allowed to take food from the plate right from when you're eating a family dinner might change your personality a bit. There's so many little, tiny variables inside what we would consider the same environment that I think I think you can't just attribute that and say, well, it's all that you know, the same personality type is going to grow from this because everybody was around generally the same people in the same place.
Speaker 5: I couldn't agree with you more. I just think it's an interesting hypothesis, yes, or another factor, you know, another determining factor in addition to some of those things that you mentioned, Matt, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't that doesn't mean I'm trying to throw water in this thing immediately. And fully, I think just those are things you also have to take into account for sure.
Speaker 4: And if I could weigh a doctor Astrolojohn by the way. Congratulations, right, doctor Astrologoon, this is a real scratch behind the ears or the tentacles for me. We had discussed, you know, we mentioned at the top that we've had quite a bit of exciting correspondence about a possible scientific basis or quantitative, concrete basis for what people call astrology across cultures and time. We didn't put this on the air because it's a little too weird, but I am very much of the same mind with you. I've discussed it with Nola and Matt as well. I love the idea of electromagnetic energy. My thought was going toward gravity and fetal development. I actually I wrote a piece about this that I am overdue to send you, so check out that email. I just believe that is such a great a great place to start the concept of first off, differentiation of personality. And Matt, you make a great point regarding the myriad of variables. I've figured to pyramids too because of something later on today. But there are so many variables that must need to be accounted for. So we've worked up a rough, extremely unethical methodology for evaluating maybe the effective gravity on the development of the human brain, ultimately leading to My favorite idea, could you create horoscopes for artificial intelligence?
Speaker 5: We all, well, it all goes back to nature nurture, right, I mean, And to me, a lot of the things that you mentioned, Matt an addition, are somewhat nurture oriented. If you're talking about like the social order of it all. What what you know, when you get to eat off of the plate, that is a form of nurture where you are being you're receiving certain types of what's the reinforcement? I guess, and maybe you are the alpha, you know, if you're eating first, or even just birth order is the concept of being the big the big sibling, the older sibling, et cetera. Those things can have an impact because of the way older siblings are treated, you know, and so there's a nature quality there and then there's a nurture quality. I just love the idea of some of these astral bodies. As we know, you know, electromagnetism from the moon certainly affects human bodies in many forms, and I just think the idea of it having an impact on fetus is developing brains feels right to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we're talking about, right, That's what I'm saying humans very currently have very little understanding of gravity and gravitational effects. We know it affects all things in the known universe. We know we can observe gravity and easily reproducible instances in the local universe, but we don't really know why. It's a thing where the full extent of its action of very small and very large horizons of observation. Let's call them doctor astrologod and I love the name. The second thing humanity still doesn't understand fully is the development of the human brain, especially in gestation. Right, So we're going to send this to you. I think we're very much on the same page. You've given us a lot to think about with electromagnetic activity in particular, I was going in a gravitational direction, and I believe we talked about this a little bit on error, but we haven't done the full We didn't do the full breakdown of the idea or the argument. So we're gonna I'll send that to you as soon as we're done recording today, Doctor Astrologoon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't really have anything else to add you' all. I just thought this was the email alone is a lot of food for thought. For conspiracy realists out there as well as for us. I'm going to need to sleep on this one for a minute, but thanks so much Astrolojohn, PhD for writing into us and for these really fantastic insights.
Speaker 2: We need three hundred and sixty five babies to be born every day of a year in a gravity controlled environment. Okay on the equator.
Speaker 3: Wait, they have to be. They have to be.
Speaker 4: We have to eliminate variables, right. We talked about this in the argument. You read this, Matt, We've got to have Oh, this is the part it gets an ethical Uh. We have to have ideally the children born each of those days be as genetically similar as possible, which is something you can do, but there are laws against them. Maybe yeah, yeah, so please I can't wait for you to read this, doctor Astrolojob worked really hard on it and would love your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. I don't know this one, man. I'd like to read it as well, share share with us too.
Speaker 3: I'd love to take a look.
Speaker 5: Huge thanks to you again, doctor Estralla.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 5: We're going to take a quick word from our sponsor and then come back with more messages from you.
Speaker 2: And we're back guys, we got this message from Proud and this isn't necessarily about anything. It's just something that he's proud about. But I think we could be proud of too.
Speaker 6: Hell, gentlemen, if you go be proud, you can use this message on the air. I am proud Ibby and Papa of two people who work for Firefly. I was excited to hear on Strea Engineers y'all mentioned Blue Ghost and my wife and my oldest child work in Briggs, Texas on Firefly machines, rockets and stuff. Why I know that they have a.
Speaker 7: Plaque on the Blue Ghost on the Moon at this moment with their names, the names of people who have worked.
Speaker 6: On that on that project up there. So a family. Definitely fig your friends.
Speaker 8: On it up there in the moon.
Speaker 6: And uh, I think you guys would be interested in the bois.
Speaker 3: They named their chambers.
Speaker 6: And uh, rocket motives and all that.
Speaker 7: If you got a good website, that's you're a fan of the Firefly TV show, check it out. But yeah, I went from my oldest center bad As is way smarter than they believe they need to be. And yeah, extremely proud. So I let you guys show And that's don't be good work.
Speaker 9: Congratulations Proud, mm hmm, yeah, an amazing, amazing thing to have two family members involved in a thing that officially landed on the Moon on March.
Speaker 3: Second, what's the I want to hear what, proud, Proud.
Speaker 4: I want to hear what You're Thanksgiving dinner conversation is like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like what what? What?
Speaker 4: What is the what is the rarefied air of conversation when you're just grabbing dinner or lunch with your family.
Speaker 2: Lunar capture orbits? Oh yeah, just the basic you know, launch injection orbits and Earth amazing orbits. It's pretty but it's cool. But anyway, we just think that's freaking fantastic. We did not find I cannot find anything about actual when I go to the about page of Firefly Aerospace's website, Just trying to figure out how they actually name all of their stuff and how that really lates back to Firefly. I want to know, though, I'm going to look that up, so all of us let us go find that out.
Speaker 5: I can't be the only one that's thinking about the last of us though, every time you say they work for Firefly.
Speaker 2: Sorry, oh for sure, there you go, yes, yes, Serenity of the Firefly universe.
Speaker 3: Indeed, yes, great of the Firefly universe.
Speaker 4: This is this is an opportunity for us to our earlier questions. If you have any insight, any behind the curtain stuff you could share with us, Proud, anything you're comfortable sharing, we would love to hear it. Also, blue Ghost is just an amazing name. Like they're knocking it out of the park with the names.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, this is so cool. I'm just looking at their website now getting a little bit lost. Sorry about that. Pretty cool stuff. Jason Kim, chief executive officer and Dan Ferman, chief operating officer. Oh now, I'm just naming off people who work there, Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean it might take a while, right because there are more than seven hundred people where there is a.
Speaker 2: Few, few people, few people people.
Speaker 3: It takes a couple to get to the moon.
Speaker 2: They got a shop ghost Writers in the sky.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, these names keep getting better.
Speaker 2: This is good stuff. Okay, so proud. Thanks for letting us know. Anybody else, if you got something awesome going on in your life, your family's doing something incredible that we're talking about, let us know. We'll just shout you out because it's uh, it's exciting to be excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like like Rev who just hit us to the newest conspiracy realist around his new child.
Speaker 2: Whoa what the name of this baby? Let's talk about it on air.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll respect your privacy, but we're we're so happy to hear the good news.
Speaker 5: Can I also really just quickly shout out ghost Writers in the Sky is a really dope old school country song. That's a really fantastic spooky country cowboy ghost story.
Speaker 3: The Highwaymen have a great cover of it.
Speaker 5: Donny Cash as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, guys, speaking of I turned on the radio the other day, just taking a little drive with a fan. Uh you know what I heard? Get Down, turn Around, go.
Speaker 5: Town, Boots, scoop boogie.
Speaker 2: If that's it? Oh man, no, that's Brooks and Done.
Speaker 5: No bad, my bad. I was thinking Achy break y Art Brooks had done. Really love Neon Moon. That's a great song. But man, boot, Scoot and boogie.
Speaker 4: Indeed, tell us your favorite country songs from that that?
Speaker 3: What was that was that? Nineties? Ninety nineties?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm okay with nineties pop country like that.
Speaker 4: Boy, I like I like the older country, which is such a snooty thing to say, but there's some great hits from the nineties. Dude, Garth Brooks could not miss banger a minute.
Speaker 5: Even the Chris Gaines stuff was fine.
Speaker 3: The Chris Gaines stuff was fine.
Speaker 4: It was on Saturday Night Live as Garth Brooks the host and as Chris Gaines the musical guest. And uh, Garth or Chris, if you're hearing this, you nailed it, man, well done.
Speaker 2: You guys see this Wallen character? Huh you see this crazy Wallen character? You see what happened snl.
Speaker 3: Oh the guy who went back to God's Country?
Speaker 2: Well you know what happens at the end of snl right together? Yeah, yeah, Well, this guy Wallin, he just walked right off, right right towards the camera. What's he doing?
Speaker 5: Apparently there was some sort of kerfuffle about him using some charged language I think on set, and he was I don't know, called on Perhaps it's a little bit unclear, but then yeah, the whole God's Country thing is what even is God's Country?
Speaker 4: I heard he was really upset that he was not able to pass the bar to get employed by Firefly. And if you listen to the lyrics. That's what a lot of his songs are about.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew it all right, thanks again, Proud. Let's stop all this silliness and jump to a message of high import from Flea from the Chili PEPs.
Speaker 3: Flee.
Speaker 2: I have called Flea pleeb before on the show because I misunderstood Flee. I have gone to Flee many a time, as Flea often calls in with just fascinating stuff, just like this message.
Speaker 8: My guts flee from the Northwest against It's curious.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I've seen this thing popping up on my Instagram and I'm sure it's a lot.
Speaker 8: Of hibbity who bloss But I think guys seen anything about these like newly reported scans about like these big huge pillars that are beneath like the Pyramids of Giza, and like series.
Speaker 11: Associated with that, because keeps popping up and I'm like, I haven't really like dove into it. But what you said about the technologies of non human origin and they don't want to say extraterrestrial, it makes me think, like, was.
Speaker 10: There's something else on this planet before? And we're trying to figure out technology that was used and it's just a but I don't know if you guys have looked into it or again like it's a whole bunch of hippie do blot, but caught my eye. So again, BTh you guys do And yesterday.
Speaker 5: Buddy, you better trademark hibbitty Hoopla because that's that's solid.
Speaker 4: That's that's from eight mile Hibbitty hibbitty. I didn't hear a word you said, hibbitty Hoopla.
Speaker 3: Just got a goof.
Speaker 5: Late to the game then on that one. But it was a new one to me.
Speaker 3: Love it. It's a good one.
Speaker 2: Not U not up on that old hip hop thing over here in in matt Country. Sorry about that, guys. But this whole thing, this pyramid thing has hit my radar so many times. Have you guys seen any video or talk of this?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I think you guys should go first. This is yeah, not not quite old beans, but it's a cyclical return.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do this off air. It'll it'll take us about a minute. We're gonna watch a video of the Joe Rogan experience where he gets introduced to the concept by somebody who goes on his show. This is very recent. We'll just watch the video that they watch, because that is that is the primary video that I have also seen that's being shared around, and it will just give us an idea for discussion, at least to give us a baseline. Let's do that and then we'll be right back. No time will pass for you and we've returned.
Speaker 5: Boy, I hadn't seen it with that, Matt. That's some sci fi hit right there, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So maybe let's let's talk about what we just saw. This is a clip you can find from the Joe Rogan Experience where he is talking with Chris Williamson about a video they're watching by Jay Anderson, which is based on information that Jay is analyzing. And in it you will see specifically an image that is being shared all over the Internet and talked about where it is. It's a picture of the Pyramids of Giza, and then below them these gi columns that.
Speaker 3: Are eight right, eight.
Speaker 2: Specific, Yeah, eight specific columns that go deep, deep, deep into the earth benea simply tubes.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, that's isn't that the idea? They seem connected to some sort of reservoir, some sort of like giant superstructure, even deeper.
Speaker 2: Down exactly that's what it looks like. Right. There is not a lot of specific information ever given, including in the video from Jay, and including in the discussion between Joe Rogan and Chris Williamson. There's not a ton of specific information about what it was and how they got those images, like what generated the concept that's giving them that imagery, specifically in the infographics, because down below it you have these larger structures you're talking about NOL that are cube like and you've got spirals essentially that appear to go down the huge columns that Again, if you actually go to the literature and the stuff that they're citing to talk about this, it doesn't seem like it's all there.
Speaker 3: Yeah and flee.
Speaker 4: This is We're so glad you reached out, because this is something that has circumnavigated the globe, right empowered by social media. And Matt, I love that you're pointed out how the how we hit this game at telephone, these Matroshka dolls of information passed and quoted and passed. I guess we should say the specific thing that they're referencing is this paper about something called synthetic aperture radar or SAR, and that is a real thing. SAR is a real thing, correct, like that technology exists?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, there there's a book. There is a paper that was published in twenty twenty two. There's two people, I think it's Corrado Malanga and Filipo Biondi that published this twenty twenty two series of papers and books. This is about synthetic aperture radar, and NASA even comes forward and says, hey, yes, SAAR is real. This is a thing that can be used in an instrument, sends out energy, pulses of energy, then it comes back and it gives you reflected energy. Theoretically, it's kind of like the light our technology.
Speaker 4: We've discussed exactly exactly. We also know that I'm just establishing things we know to be true.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Ifully, we know that scientists are continually discovering new things around ancient Egyptian sites, including the Geze Of Pyramids.
Speaker 3: It was just May of last year.
Speaker 4: I believe that scientists were investigating a puzzling underground anomaly near the gez Of Pyramids. But that's not the same thing as finding these eight ginormous, inexplicable pillars. What they're finding instead seems to be surface level like things connect underground chambers, connecting surface level toombs, and that's not uncommon for those things to be discovered. So I think it's key for us to knowledge Yes, sor is real, and yes, secondly, people are still finding things at these ancient sites.
Speaker 3: Those two things are.
Speaker 5: True absolutely, and if we if you might indulge me in a thought experiment real quick, my mind immediately goes to the idea of oregone energy, the idea of pyramids being these beacons of you know, whatever cosmic power you know, And what if this device underneath it were some way of harnessing and storing that kind of thing, if this were to be true, which probably isn't, But it's fun to think about because I immediately look at this and see these spirals and these coils connecting to this, this underground superstructure, and I immediately think it's some sort of battery or it's some sort of like way of harnessing energy the pyramids are collecting.
Speaker 4: Sure looks like it, right, It looks similar to a diagram you might see of a power generation or plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, sir, well, yeah, even just coils as you're saying, that are pulling in some form of unknown energy or even that deep geotherbal energy or something.
Speaker 5: Which is real, which could you know, there are certainly whole HVAC systems for homes that that actually pull energy out of the ground. I forget to call it, yes, exactly right, but there it's a it's a certain type of technology that you can use in your home to siphon you know, heat energy from the earth.
Speaker 2: But six hundred and forty meters deep is oh, it's a stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also yeah, six hundred and forty eight meters deep is really deep. And also, uh, this is something that will hopefully prevent some angry emails from the PhDs in the crowd just because the yeah, well no, no, not us. We got to just because uh, a paper has been published does not mean the thing the paper is about is conclusively proven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, come at me, other scientists, you know, Well.
Speaker 4: That's how I mean, that's not too right, right, But the like that's pure review. So there are innumerable scientific journals or purported journals, and there are tons of papers that come out. We have to be very careful because sometimes if someone is trying to prove something, they may just sort of play the game of rhetorical tagging base and say, well, there was a paper about it. The thing is, there are papers about a lot of stuff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, in this particular paper has not been peer reviewed as of March twenty fifth, when this Snopes article I'm looking at was written, and also within the paper it does, let's say, it alludes to some ancient alien theories in the same way that Missing four one one alludes to a large, hairy, potentially multi dimensional creature that abducts people.
Speaker 4: Yeah well, it's also, yeah, that's not a bad comparison. They're met because we know, we know the full paper that has been discussed in these press conferences doesn't seem to have been not only pure review, but even released in full. And the point about the authors is that the authors of this paper do have previous work in what we would loosely call ancient alien theories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know. And it doesn't help that you can see the infographic that Joe Rogan was looking at on that episode that we just checked out, That image is very different from a lot of the other ones that are being shared on social media that are also purporting to be true, and they are conclusively generated with one of these AI generation models, and that's according to snops in ninety nine point five percent positivity, that at least one of the most popular ones that you'll find that has it looks like a space age pyramid structure that appears to be a UAP of some sort with this, you know, these giant columns with all kinds of cool light effects going on, and you know, it's pretty obviously a generated image, but it's being sent around and looked at by people that may not be aware that that's what they're.
Speaker 4: Looking at, or they might think it's an artistic rendery, which does happen and does happen in legit scientific investigations. The name I was thinking about we mentioned earlier, or the mention of the author earlier. It's Corrado Malanga specifically, who has written a bunch of books about ancient alien human interaction. And you know, not to profile too hard, but we do have to consider previous publications when we look at this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you also have to just keep in mind that if you're going in to any investigation like that with a predetermined conclusion and you're you know, well, I mean, that's what science does right, you have a hypothesis, then you're looking to prove that wrong or right, but mostly wrong, because if you can't prove it wrong, then it's probably right. But if you're going in with such a strong bias, and you are using something that does exist, like synthetic aperture radar, and you see some stuff that maybe is anomalist to what you imagine to find, you are then putting this bias on whatever that is rather than further exploring the potentials of what it could be.
Speaker 3: What's that old joke? Who is this rorshat guy?
Speaker 4: And why does he keep drawing pictures of my granddad's penis?
Speaker 2: To get a lot of those pictures on my wall?
Speaker 5: I got a lot of them on my phone. Is that weird?
Speaker 4: I'm stop texting so anyway, But that's I mean, crass jokes aside. We hope that when gave you a chuckle fleet, I think that's an incredibly important point about how predetermined you know, desires or predetermined patterns the human mind seeks to recognize will have a heavy influence on the interpretation of new information, especially since you know, just as we outline there are bits of truth like people are still finding weird stuff around these ancient sites. There are a lot of un answered questions about ancient history, and the technology described is a real thing.
Speaker 2: Yep, go down the real existing rabbit hole right now over at Smithsonian Magazine search for Scientists are investigating a puzzling underground anomaly near the Giza Pyramids. Using remote sensing technologies. Researchers have discovered two connected structures in a previously unexplored area. That is like the real stuff right now that you can check out that is being discovered in around the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt. Then you can find this other stuff if you want to. I guess, search pillars and pyramids and you'll find all of this stuff, including Reddit threads out the wazoo.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, And pay attention to which subreddits you're checking out, because some of them will have vastly different responses to the same to the same piece of news. I love this stuff, man, and I when this started making the round, like so many other people, I saw an interesting infographic and what do you do?
Speaker 3: You click on it? Right.
Speaker 4: We're inquisitive, we want to learn more. And I did some of the same diving that we're doing today and my face went from like really excited, leaning in to going and by the end I have full de neuro face.
Speaker 2: You know, is the pillows looking at me?
Speaker 3: Do you think you got a pillow over you? Man?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: All right, hey, so fleet, Thank you so much, proud, thank you so much. We'll be right back with more messages from y'all.
Speaker 3: And we have returned.
Speaker 4: We're going to hear from a I believe a possible returning conspiracy realist. Just love your name, Angry biz Kits, so angry biz kielts putting a little spin on the accent. Here here's what we heard. This is in response to our tariffs episode, Ben Matt Nole. Great episode as usual, very informative. I thought you might be interested in an aspect of the topic. You didn't cover the chicken tax. Now have we ever heard of the chicken tax?
Speaker 2: We talked about a chicken tax with regards to the eggs at waffle house.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, so we were getting there.
Speaker 3: Here's this is interesting. This is a bit of ridiculous history too, and it's instructive for us.
Speaker 4: This was kind of new to us. Angry biz Kits continues. Have you ever wondered why we can't get those cute Japanese light trucks over here. Yes, have you had wait wait, wait wait, the cute Japanese light trucks.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: They're like cool pickup truck. I'll send you a picture. They're these cool series or genre of work trucks that have a smaller footprint, you know how, like you can't buy decently, like you can't buy a regular old school pickup truck in the US now.
Speaker 2: Like the Kait truck or k truck, k Ei truck.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, like those kind of things.
Speaker 2: It's a teeny little guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little boy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And Angry Biscuits continues. Have you ever wondered why the Subaru Brat had two seats facing backwards in the bed? Have you ever wondered why Chuck Taylors or Sketchers have fuzzy souls? It's the chicken tax. We'll talk about this a little bit after, but I just love the way right, Angry Biscuits you continue.
Speaker 3: Post dub dub dose. Huh.
Speaker 4: Nice chicken farming domestically was all the rage. We were exporting chicken to Europe like crazy over there. Chicken was considered a luxury meat. The Europeans, especially the French, didn't like this and put tariffs on the chicken we were exporting. So in response, Lyndon Johnson put a twenty five percent tariff on light trucks and other goods. That tariff on light trucks still exist, and auto manufacturers did odd things to get around it, like installing the backward seats in the Subaru Brat to make it a passenger car, or sending over cargo vans with side panels lightly welded in over to a finishing factory, which would then install the seats and the glass and get you a passenger van. Those shoes, the fuzzy bottom on the converse gets them classified as house shoes or slippers, which is a lower tax tiff rate than regular shoes. Crazy, isn't it. Thanks for the show, and thanks for all the thought material. I'm angry Biscuits and I approve this message. Feel free to use in any way you'd like, including reading it in a listener mail segment. So I love this chicken text. Kind of a misleading name, yeah, but it hits on a real period of ridiculous history, and it also tells us something that I think we could return to in the future, which is tariff loopholes. There's so many ways to get around this, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, gotta say though, and I'm sorry for this. I'm still stuck on the Subaru brat.
Speaker 3: You want a brat?
Speaker 2: This thing is awesome, I know, right, it's uh and it's an acronym, Yes, it's an acronym.
Speaker 4: Uh what what what was the acronym by drive Recreational all terrain Transporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it really does have two seats in the back of a truck. But it also looks like a car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like a you know how an El Camino is like a truck and a card. Yes, this one looks like one of its parents was an El Camino and we don't know you know which one.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, for sure. And then they strapped two seats back there because awesome.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, this is what is called a great import vehicle. You can you can get them through sort of third party sometimes they're parallel imports. But the entirety Angry Biscuits, you were absolutely correct. The entire reason that they were that they have these two super adventurous seats in the back is to get around tariffs. And that story about converse is true as well. These are money saving hacks and they they happen more frequently than a lot of people would assume. The loopholes rise in step with the tariffs.
Speaker 2: Can I also one last thing? I'm sorry, I just keep going on those products like this, What are the fuzzy souls on Chuck Taylor's in thet Like, what are we talking about? Maybe we don't understand this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So if you ever put on a fresh pair of Chucks, who doesn't love a good point?
Speaker 2: I have it? But okay you haven't. No, I don't know what this is.
Speaker 5: They're kind of like not the most comfortable of shoe. It's like the canvas bag of shoes.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, they're not. I mean, they're not going to be your every day forever shoes.
Speaker 5: You know what for some people wear.
Speaker 3: It's not going to be his every day forever.
Speaker 5: No, not not for you, Maddy. I don't think you're a Chuck's kind of guy.
Speaker 2: But what's the fuzzy bottoms thing?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: Okay, they have felt souls.
Speaker 4: This is a layer of fabric that usually goes away pretty quickly, but if you buy a fresh Berry Converse, you'll see that they have this very thin layer of fabric on the bottom and converse will or In the past, they used to officially say this helps with things like quieter usage and shape retention. But the real reason is that loophole the angry Biscuits describes because now you don't have the same okay, converse is part of Nike. Nike imports its products into the US from China, and so back in twenty eighteen, the previous Trump administration put a bunch of tariffs on a wide range of US imports from China. Some items had a heftier tear griffs than others. So sneakers, for instance, have thirty seven point five percent tariff, or they did, and historically they've had a lot of high tariffs depending on how trade relations go. But slippers are not sneakers. They only have a three percent tariff, and the legal requirement for shoe to be considered a slipper is to have a fuzzy wuzzy soul.
Speaker 5: Interesting, So yeah, I mean, I guess I'm picturing a Chuck Taylor, which I used to wear often, and the bottoms they do kind of get worn pretty quickly. I guess I never really thought of them as being fuzzy though. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a it's a very it's a very thin thing.
Speaker 4: And this, this chicken tax is something again that we we should all be more aware of because it is it's a precedent up there with the Smoot Hawley Tariff Act.
Speaker 3: It occurs. Oh yeah, yeah, it occurred in sixty four or under LBJ and Jumbo or whatever he called whatever he called it.
Speaker 5: And we consulted on a regular basis.
Speaker 4: We consult I love there who we consulted on a regular basis. Hold by calls, I'm consulting.
Speaker 2: So guys, I just want I want a Honda. I think it's a T three sixty. I want that now. Oh man, Jeff, it's got cute little eyes on it and it's a baby truck.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Ben, Sorry to Dero for a second, but you mentioned this, and I didn't really realize it until I saw some YouTube videos recently. The electric cars that are available in Asia but not here are insane. Like the level of tech that they have over there puts folks like Tesla to absolute shame. And it's no wonder that American. You know, evs aren't doing much over there because the competition is outrageous. I'm trying to think of a couple of brands that you may know off the top of your head, Downd, But I saw one that like you can like make it bounce and jiggle and like move around and stuff like it's crazy what you can do with these things.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are a lot even outside of EV like the Avida Avatar without an e Avatar two, it's sick. The SUV game is just over, and we're not you know, we're not trying to sound as though we are anti American or something, but we are, I think, unanimously agreed that were these vehicles allowed into the US at a higher rate, or at any rate, people would love them.
Speaker 3: People would dig all the features on these things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, and I love my Honda CRV Hybrid, which I'm glad. It seems like I got just in the nick of time, by the way, y'all. Who yeah, I mean truly like within weeks, you know, I mean, could have been a whole other story as far as like that being a car that I could afford.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and these tariffs that launched a thousand ships of weird consumer activity. These tariffs from the chicken tax eventually end up getting lifted. But since nineteen sixty four there's been this precedent of protectionism, and it is despite being called the chicken tax, it is specifically often aimed to give US domestic auto manufacturers and advantage over imports.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: And you know, some of that's just the dirty business of lobbying, to be quite honest. Some of it is, you know, national security concerns about the economics of the nation, right, employment numbers and so on. But this leads us to a concept that angry biscuits you were probably familiar with. But we have to introduce everybody to this term tariff engineering. That's what it's called. It's not called cheating, it's not called fixing the game. It's called engineering. Tariff engineering. That's where you make a product on purpose to exploit in some way a loophole in the tariff system that you're trying to hack. That's why you get the felt That's why you get you know, the that's why you get the adventurous back seats on the super u brat.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, super brat, Yes, yeah, sorry, guy, I stepped out for a minute. Full disclosure, I don't think I caught the super U Brat conversation. I didn't know. Is that is it like reference to Brat Summer to Charlie XCX or is this predating Charlie's Bratt.
Speaker 3: It's the original Brat Summer. It's the by drive recreational all terrain transporter super.
Speaker 5: That's what Bratt stood for all along.
Speaker 2: Jason, you're not ready for how awesome this thing is.
Speaker 5: I mean, how brat it is.
Speaker 2: You're so glad to see it, have you?
Speaker 3: Like? Yeah, do do check it out.
Speaker 4: There's a imagine if an El Camino was a little more awkward cool picturing its.
Speaker 2: Seats in the truck part of the Camino.
Speaker 3: Facing out, facing backwards.
Speaker 5: Well, that sounds fine. It's like it's like a ride, you know it.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's an amusement.
Speaker 4: So we want to hear your favorite examples of these tariff loopholes or tariff engineering. I think it happens in food a lot as well, Like what could be considered which type of candy?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: What could be considered you know, a truck or a car, or a toy or an action figure. I feel like anywhere you find a demand for a product. Depending on how the nation's leaders go, you'll find clever, weird loopholes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm looking at a great MPR article titled look at some of the creative ways companies try to dodge high tariffs, and that was published in early March of last year, and it just goes through all this stuff where it gives you examples of people just reclassifying stuff like, you know what, it's not that anymore, it's this, and so it's not terrifable.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, what a terrific idea. And this is an article you linked us to angry Biscuits. There's a please do check out the article. It has a great statement from Douglas Irwin, who is an economics professor at Dartmouth, who says the following. It's sort of like whack a mole. If you hit China with a tariff, you start importing for Vietnam. Pretty soon Vietnam will get hit with a tariff, and then you import from Cambodia or something like that. So there's a limit to how much you can reshuffle where you're importing from. And then oh that's the This is the one that mentions the action figures.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly what I wanted to go to next. Yeah, yeah, why don't you tell us about that. There's a line in there about how Marvel got around some stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's back in two thousand and three. Marvel, of course is making a ton of merchandise as always. They've got some pretty sick action figures for comic fans. However, they had to go to court and say, look, we know there are tariffs on dolls, but X Men action figures are non human toys because the X Men are mutants.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they're non human toys. They're not dolls. They have their tax rate by calling them non human toys rather than.
Speaker 4: Dolls, and nothing changed about the This is interesting because nothing changed about the actual thing they were making, it's just the way that they described it. And then that also gets us to the Planet Money report, where you will pay more for a Santa suit depending on whether it has zippers or velcro yep, which I feel like in retrospect, I feel like that explains a lot of the the not great quality costumes we've bought for video sketches.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and the knockoff ones that you can find that are half price. It's the same thing, but it's half price. Oh wait, it's just Velcrode in the back instead, right, or or.
Speaker 4: This isn't a Santa suit, it's an Antas suit and it just happens to be white and red.
Speaker 2: So, dude, there's a there's a whole thing in here, you know, Snuggies. Do you remember how how huge that was back in the day, not that long ago, Snuggies. This idea that's kind of a wearable blanket situation. Well, depending on if it's a blanket or an article of clothing changes things. So which one is it? Is it a blanket you can wear or an oversized hoodie?
Speaker 3: Right? Well, it depends on the tax rate, Yeah, exactly. And this is the thing. Tariff engineering is legal.
Speaker 4: It is totally fine to go to court and say, you know, your honor, this is very anti mutant legislation.
Speaker 3: That's so hmm I wonder.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So two thousand and three, So stan Lee is alive? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so is he?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, a picture of the stan Lee voice where he's yelled at the judge.
Speaker 3: He's leaving the courtroom, just going excelsia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you you zoom out and you're actually inside an episode of The X Men. And then you zoom out further and Iron Man's there, and you're like, what's happening?
Speaker 4: And then you zoom out even further. Kevin Fage is just somewhere in space with his fingers steepled. Yeah, we're going a little off the rails here, folks, but we sure appreciate your time, and please, please, please do tell us your favorite hilarious examples of tariff loopholes. Thanks to Angry Biscuits for hipping us to the chicken tax.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Proud We're proud of you man.
Speaker 4: We can't wait to hear that insider info on Firefly, just the legal insider info, just that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just that part, but then also the naming conventions.
Speaker 3: Yes, very much, so very much.
Speaker 2: So we're talking characters, episodes like different planets where we're talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, lay it out for us, tell us what the future, you know what, we have some name ideas. We're all right, dudes, we could help and we work for peanuts. Also, thank you to Flee and thank you for you know, prompting that exploration on ancient aliens and the importance of critical thought. Thanks to doctor Estralla, John, you have some stuff coming bat you and I mentioned this pretty often in the past, so I love the electromagnetic idea. We can't wait to see what you think about our gravitational theory. Just quickly, doctor, remember put your ethics to a side when you read it.
Speaker 3: It is a thought experiment.
Speaker 2: Yes, and to be clear, this is Ben's idea and he has written a research paper on.
Speaker 3: It and it was a group effort. So we can't wait to hear from you. Folks.
Speaker 4: Please tune in. We've got some exciting stuff on the way to you. In the meantime, tell us what's on your mind. YouTube, Instagram, all the social media hits. You can find us there under some variation of conspiracy stuff or conspiracy Stuff show.
Speaker 3: You can also give us a line on the telephone.
Speaker 2: Yes, our number is one eight three three STDWYTK. When you call in, give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you would like to instead send us links, a written message, maybe photographs, I guess digitized photographs. Anything you want to send to us that you can attach to an email, you can send it to us. We are the entities.
Speaker 4: Read every piece of correspondence we receive. Be well aware, yet unafraid. Sometimes the void writes back, you know what, give us like a give us an ai image based on a prompt from something in one of our recordings.
Speaker 3: Just go DUTs.
Speaker 4: We try to keep it safe for work, but something that gives us your fellows conspiracy, realistic, giggle, or hit us up with anything else that's on your mind.
Speaker 3: Thanks again for tuning in. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.