Speaker 1: Transmitting, let's go welcome to Monday show more than studio. Laney Wilson coming in studio in about twenty minutes. So excited about that. So what we're gonna do is do the anonymous inbox now. So let's start the show with that. It's anonymous box, anonymous inbox.
Speaker 2: Here's the question to be Hello, Bobby Bones.
Speaker 1: My sister announced with the family that she and her boyfriend are pregnant. She just found out they're having a girl. They're gonna name her Savory s A V. E.
Speaker 3: R Y.
Speaker 1: Apparently she liked the name Avery, but wanted to make it unique, hence the extra letter. Obviously, I don't need to tell you, but this is a terrible name for a baby, Savory and it's spelt like slavery without the l oh. No, oh, sorry, let me go back to the email. Obviously, it's a terrible name for a baby. I politely asked if they were considering any other names. She said no, they'd already decided recently. I gently suggested other options as I'm trying to get closer to my sister. We warmed up to different names, and she finally chose Margo. After we bonded over a new baby name book. I was relieved until I got to her boyfriend. He sent me an angry text accusing me of meddling. He claimed he chose the name Savory. I had no right to interfere, I fired back. Am I wrong for convincing my sister to change her baby's name? What can I do now that they're mad at me? Signed a future aunt to baby Savory.
Speaker 4: I mean you did meddle.
Speaker 2: You'd for sure.
Speaker 1: Medal old time. Yeah, so he has a right to be irritated at you. It's his baby, yeah, you more than yours. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: So you meddled with good intentions.
Speaker 1: We all said to say every pretty dumb name, but it's not her job as a sister to decide if it's pretty dumb name or not. Right, honestly, it's pretty dumb name, though maybe multiple levels because against Savory. It's like can that be Like it's it tastes good, exactly what it is, but it's also spelled like slavery. That's weird, Like it's wrong in so many ways.
Speaker 3: Like if you like the name Avery, just go with that. Like I know you want to make a different but what about you.
Speaker 4: Know, salty bravery.
Speaker 2: Oh, bravery Bravery's pretty.
Speaker 4: Good, davery sweetness slavery?
Speaker 1: Uh you metled, Now suffer the consequences. That's basically it. You probably should have tried to convince your sister to change the baby name to begin with. You could have said, hey, that's tough name. You understand, the kid's gonna be called little Slavery or taste Savory. That's gonna be how the kid lives its life. And once she here, here's that and accepts that, you just got to move on.
Speaker 2: So are you? Were you wrong?
Speaker 1: I think you had good intentions, but the husband has the right to be mad. We can all agree on that. Justice for baby Savory now, I wanted to be named Savory again because that was the baby's original name. Thank you for the email. That one's on you. But she might just be taking one for the team here, because little Margot will have a much easier life than little baby Savory.
Speaker 2: Can we all agree?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: On the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Now, Lanie Wilson, Laney, how you been.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I feel like Instagram's never a true indicator of how somebody really is. It's all a lot, but it's been like awesome, Like it's you're doing such cool things now.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You've always been cool, but now it's like you're like hanging out with really cool people as well.
Speaker 2: Like the Miley cyr was thing was super cool. Oh dude, we played a clip.
Speaker 1: Of you when you were at my house like five years ago. You were talking about the first time I'd ever heard the story about you doing that as a job, right, and then to actually see you doing that, like, I don't know, I kind of felt emotional just because you and I talked about that and I'm not even.
Speaker 4: You well, I'll tell you how crazy.
Speaker 5: Like last week was just a like full circle for me because I got to go back to Saint Jude, which was the very last place he said impersonated Hannah Montana and play a little show for the kids in the exact same spot, and the same week as that, I got to honor Miley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miley's like icon she is. I mean, yeah, is it nerve wracking to you? Did you see her seeing you?
Speaker 5: Yes, and like watching her crime and stuff like she don't even know how much of an influence that she was to me. I mean I did that for five years We've talked about this, but like just.
Speaker 1: To make money, to have a chance at a dream.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: I did three or four birthday parties a weekend, and so I felt like I knew her, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Did you have the clarity while it was happening, because again, it's so big and it's there are cameras and television. Did you have the clarity to actually go, Man, how about my freaking life right now and how far I've come and have great people around me and I've worked really hard, and right now is really bizarrely wonderful as it was happening.
Speaker 2: Did you get Were you able to think about that percent?
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 5: So we were actually like backstage while they were like playing a clip of her video and stuff, and they had us on this platform that was going to eventually kind of roll out, and we stood up there for a good like seven minutes. And as I was up there, I had slowed down for like seven minutes that day to really just kind of like take it in. I was like, Oh, this is what's happening, and how insane full circle. I don't think I'll ever get used to stuff like that. One of the highlights so far.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like because again, you have forever to do your first and second albums. You know, you have your whole life to come up with songs, and yeah, reasons to write songs, and but you know, the last year and a half or so two years, it's been like such a massive success, Like you've really caught on to the point where now you've got to get music out and you got to think of stuff to write and sing. Was this a little different? Like having to come up with all these songs now that meant something to you?
Speaker 5: So I will say, normally I write two hundred songs to get my twelve or whatever it is. And this was definitely like quality over quantity. I had to like sit down and wrap my head around what is it that I hadn't shared yet?
Speaker 2: And I'll say, you're so busy, right, that's it.
Speaker 5: I was having to bring a lot of writers out to me. A lot of these songs were written at my house here in Nashville, out on like.
Speaker 4: A writer's retreat.
Speaker 5: And I'm the thing that kept me halfway sane during this crazy time of my life that is constantly changing every day and still continues to was making this.
Speaker 1: Music because it felt consistent like it's the one consistent thing that's been happening over the past ten years as you've been trying to make create music.
Speaker 5: It brought me like a lot of peace and comfort. It made me feel like I had one foot on the ground.
Speaker 1: I always am curious about the why people put number one songs number one on a track list, and so I'm gonna play a little bit of a keep up with the Jones real quick right, hit this for me. Why when you're thinking about songs going where? Why was this the very first song you put on the record?
Speaker 5: Because when we sat down to do this record in the studio, my band got to play on this record. This is the first record that they have ever done. And we have played, oh my gosh, hundreds of shows together in the past two years since bel Botom Country, and it's almost like we knew what was missing from our live show without even talking about it, and so we went into doing this record really want to kind of show that like a little extra thump, I guess you could say, And I wanted to kind of feel like you are listening to a live show.
Speaker 1: Will you explain what you mean by your band finally got to play because most people may think, well, I thought your band would play every song you've ever done. Yeah, why was this a big deal that your band got to play in this record with you, as opposed in the past when your band didn't play.
Speaker 5: Yep, So one of my band members has played on my last two records. But I feel like, my gosh, you spend time with people on the road. You get to know them, they get to know you. You communicate on stage without even talking, even just when it comes to stage presence, and we might change up a little something here, and we just kind of riff off of each other. And I think that chemistry has grown so much that I was like, I want to take a chance on this by putting them in the studio. Every other record we've done, we've used studio musicians which are absolutely incredible, and we still did. We had double drums on the record, so we brought in Fred Eltringham and Rob McNelly, so we had a couple of guitars too.
Speaker 1: Gotta be cool for your band that they know you have the confidence in them because this is going to be around forever.
Speaker 2: Like, well, you just did this record.
Speaker 1: Regardless of what happens to you, you go way up, you go way down both this is always going to exist. Yeah, and for you to go I want you guys to do this to be forever with me. Like this's got to give them a ton of confidence.
Speaker 5: Oh and when I tell you, they truly are like incredible musicians. Probably after some folks hear this, they'll they'll probably want them to go play on their record.
Speaker 4: They're that good.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. Last song, I do want to talk about Whiskey Colored Crayon, and I'm going to play a little bit first to go ahead.
Speaker 2: Why I would you in the record with that song.
Speaker 5: Because when I think about why I fell in love with country music as a whole, it is truly the storytelling. And I come from a family of teachers. My mom was a teacher, all of my aunts, my daddy even taught for a second my grandma. I think it's just a it's a good like teacher appreciation kind of song to like tag on the end and really just kind of sum up the why I love country music so much, and.
Speaker 1: In the way the music affects everybody differently, Like I hear the story from somebody that had all alcoholic parents, and like from the kids version more than the teacher version, yep. And so yeah that song, that's a really good one. You guys had to finish that song and be like, I think we just did something. Did you feel that way?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had started the song and I and I had to like kind of come in and help like finish the story, and we knew it was special. I think you kind of know when you when you're like sitting down and you get those feels, you kind of feel like the tingle and you're like.
Speaker 4: Is that the Holy Spirit? What is it? But I had the fleetlands for sure.
Speaker 3: Even in that clip that No, I mean I have goosebumping, like I was all. I felt all of the emotion.
Speaker 1: You say goose pumps and that's what I heard, goosebumps and chills, oh chill heard like you said you had goosebumps, and yeah, I was like wow, I just thought that.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's just going to hit people from all angles, like you, the teacher's side, the child's side, a parent side, maybe someone that's now sober that's like, oh wow, you know, now my kids are going to have different memories of me instead of just that's right.
Speaker 4: Alcohol ones yep.
Speaker 1: The Good Horses with you and Miranda, you guys write that together?
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 1: Do you set a time on a calendar when you're both in town to get together to write or is it one of those hair are you in town? Let's try?
Speaker 2: How did that come together?
Speaker 5: She she called me one day and she's like, I want you to come out to my farm.
Speaker 4: I want you to take a nap.
Speaker 5: We're gonna feed you because her husband can cook, and and she said, and if we get around to it, let's write a song. And our buddy Luke Dick was out there and I took like a thirteen hour nap. I'm not even playing.
Speaker 4: She like took me in. She's a go to bed girl.
Speaker 5: And uh, we just had so much fun, like living that western way of life that me and her both both loved just so much and connect on. And as we were sitting there writing the song, we were sitting on like the balcony of her cabin, and three bluebirds flew up and landed on the balcony, and her and Luke kind of looked at each other crazy and said that when they were writing her song Bluebird, that the same exact thing happened, like it was it.
Speaker 1: Do they feel like it was a sign because obviously didn't write about birds, but it's good horses. But they saw that as some sort of indicator of something positive. Yeah, about the same free years.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah it felt special.
Speaker 1: Yes, she have a bunch of animals out there.
Speaker 4: She does.
Speaker 5: She's got tons of horses and a little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: Many horses. They are so cute.
Speaker 1: This record as a whole was fourteen songs. Yep, what different? What's sonically different is it is on this? I mean what instruments did you use differently? How did you feel like you matured with your sound?
Speaker 5: There's been times in my show where I was like, man, I wish I had a song like this to kind of glue these parts together.
Speaker 4: And so I really thought about that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna be singing these songs for a really long time, and I want my live show to be badass.
Speaker 1: And what song do people sing back the loudest? Now?
Speaker 4: Man, I'll tell you what. They love them some watermelon moonshine.
Speaker 2: You can almost just start it. Yeah, they can take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: That's how often do you take your ears out and listen to the crowd?
Speaker 5: Look, my team gets mad at me because they're like, leave your ears in, like you're gonna end up hurting your hearing.
Speaker 4: I can't help it.
Speaker 5: I keep an ear out almost every show because for so long I wanted that feeling and I want to, like I want to hear them.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I'm so happy for you ladies. Here her record is out, it's called Work. And it's also wild to look and see that you already have seven number ones, Like I feel like, hey, I'm Bobby, Hi, I'm Laney. I mean, it feels like that just happening. And at the same time, it's also like twenty years right, it's like two different versions at once. But the fact that you've had such such success, and it's so cool because obviously you know right now as much as you can and you're everywhere, and it's cool. It's really cool to see it all pan off for you. Fourteen songs, Laney Wilson. You can follow her Laney Wilson Music. And by the way, I tell you your country's cool again tour. Obviously you have a ton of songs and you're a great live performer, but your support it's like an A plus show.
Speaker 4: Dude, I could not have chose a better line up.
Speaker 1: Like from Ian Munsick, who we love, who played a million dollar show with us, Zach Top who I love, who feels like he's fifty but he's like twelve. He is so good, Jackson Dene who says like three words but until he gets on stage and he's It's such a good lineup doing a show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was genuinely fans of the like, I wanted to loosen selfishly.
Speaker 4: I wanted to loosten to the every night.
Speaker 1: The tour Country is Cool Again, the headlining tour. I was looking at dates it go was all the end.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you're still doing We're rocking and rolled h.
Speaker 2: There she has our friend Lanny Wilson.
Speaker 1: I'd love to check out.
Speaker 2: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: So there's this nine year old boy, Derek.
Speaker 3: His family was vacationing in California and they made it back to Texas and realized Derek left his little stuffed monkey at the hotel in California.
Speaker 4: Well, then they decided to hit up the old church.
Speaker 3: Chain because someone that went to their church was vacationing near where the hotel was. So they hit them up and they drove an hour to the hotel. Her name is Josephine Ortego, so shout out to her because she picked up the stuff monkey and then road tripped back to Texas with it, her and her boyfriend and they took little photos like, you know, the stuff monkey got a doctor Pepper and watched the Minions while they were driving, you know, sort of like flat Stanley style.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the kid loved it. Great for her drive an hour to get that monkey.
Speaker 1: But they were driving back home anyway, right, They didn't just drive home because they had the monkey. Oh flown with the monkey if they were flying back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they they drove an hour to the hotel out of their way.
Speaker 2: Then an hour back and then out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I agree. It's super thoughtful. That kid had to be so happy to get his monkey back. I just bought him a new monkey, that's me sure, and the monkey got a road trip.
Speaker 4: That's really yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good story. Yeah great, that's that meant a lot to that kid. I'm sure that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 1: Amy what happened?
Speaker 3: So my friend's car was hit and run, Like a hit and run happened right outside of her house, and she had this suspicion that it's one of her neighbors. And so she's for like all weeks, she's been walking around, like trying to see if she saw dents that would match, like the the damage.
Speaker 1: You know, did she think it was a neighbor because was it a boom hit and run or was it like a.
Speaker 3: No fender but like damage enough to where if you whoever.
Speaker 4: Hit it, they knew.
Speaker 3: And she just felt like it was where they were parked in the alley, that it had to be someone that parks back there too.
Speaker 4: And so she's been.
Speaker 3: Walking around and she found she found a car that had matching dents the whole situation, and so you.
Speaker 4: Know, now she's like, how do I handle this? Like what do I do? And I'm like, I don't know that I say anything, like they live right by you. What if it's awkward? Like why would they just do that and run? And why are they trying to hide it?
Speaker 1: Y's so awkward. The same paint color, I'm assuming like it matches where they could have scraped the side if they were driving.
Speaker 4: She send me a picture as for yes, it's absolutely what happened.
Speaker 1: If you were the judge, would you judge that that's the car? They hit her car?
Speaker 4: And now the car is like she did.
Speaker 3: The reason why she almost didn't notice that one for days is it parked out front in a different spot, because she was like, oh, this is normally in the alley, and so she believes like, oh, are they intentionally now parking out front to sort of hope it dies down or maybe till they can get it fixed and make.
Speaker 4: It look like not.
Speaker 3: But I told her I don't know that i'd say anything, but she can't let it go, Like she's like, who doesn't hit and run? Who does this? This is crazy, Like you're risking a felony.
Speaker 1: For I don't know if it's a felony with a mild like scratchy a hit run. You're saying hit and run as in somebody was in the car, you nailed them and you drove off. This was like you accidentally scratched someone. You can also go out. Didn't know I even scratched them, So I don't felony. I don't know the word felony around.
Speaker 4: She was very passionate about that.
Speaker 3: She just thought like, why would you risk like an even larger charge for something that, yeah, maybe you don't want to pay five hundred dollars for the DNT to fix it or whatever, but like you're facing something far worse. So she's just like out for justice right now, and I'm like, let it go. I don't want to be awkward with my neighbor.
Speaker 1: For damages under four hundred bucks. It's a classy misdemeanor a little more than that, but it's not a felony for them.
Speaker 2: They probably fled because maybe they've been drinking.
Speaker 6: They're like, oh, I don't want to get in trouble, so I'd rather sever the consequences later.
Speaker 1: Or it could have been a kid was driving the car, or it could have been they don't have the money right now, they're insurance, Like, there's all these things.
Speaker 2: What would I do?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I would take I think I'll write in a note and I would put it on a few of the cars around there, and I'd go, hey, someone has hit my car. If you've seen it, please let me know. I live here at this address. The color of the cars seems to be this. Any information, let me know, And I'd put it on like four or five cars. But I'd be sure to put it on the car that had the scratches, because then they know you know, and you didn't just target them and.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to like go knock on their door and.
Speaker 2: Then they know you know. And then what happens is you go four or five.
Speaker 1: Then you go over to them later and go hey, to knock on the door, leave another note, Hey, sorry to bother you. A couple of folks said that maybe somebody that was driving your car scratch my car. But when I put the notes on everyone's card, I just want to check and make did that happen, because then you have a reason to actually go there. It's not just you accusing. You can blame it on another note. That's if you want justice, if you want real justice, ty Iron, Oh no no, but that's real justice.
Speaker 2: That's real justice. I'm not advising real justice.
Speaker 1: But if she's doing that, that's if she just goes up in a straight accusatory toward them, you did it, because maybe they didn't. Maybe everything just happens to be, but maybe they didn't, right.
Speaker 4: Because not like she has actual footage of it.
Speaker 1: If I were strategizing, i'd go multiple notes and then the multiple notes. I would go, if anyone has any doorcam footage or anything, please let me know, because all that's gonna do is freak out the person that really did it. That someone's going to turn in the door cam footage and they never have to turn it in and the other person can't prove that they did or didn't turn it in.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I freak them out, and then I'd be like, hey, we have this is awkward. But some people said that it could have been your car. That's scratch. If you're super nice, I think he's taken care of and justice is served. Okay, That's what I would do, Like three levels deep.
Speaker 4: I think I can get on board with that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't understand your three levels deep, Like I'm like, what why would you go through all of that? Like she was to like dance around whatever. But in this case, I'm here for it's.
Speaker 2: Also a neighbor and you're always gonna have to live by.
Speaker 4: Them, yes, and you don't want awkwardness or them to like.
Speaker 1: Murder yes murdering yes, yes yeah. Let me know if she decides to do that. If you posted, I hope she does. I want to see all my experiments come to line, that'll be great. Morgan went to a breakup on the air, she talked about it. It's been pretty much on the open And the next day she talked about how she was crying on a swing set and the guy came up and was like, can I get your number?
Speaker 2: A low weird for the.
Speaker 1: Guy because as soon as I see like the massacre, I'm like, I'm backing off because I don't know what's going on. So we appreciate you Morgan for being so open and candid.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of listeners have gone through something similar a breakup, however, and I've made Lunchbox wait a couple of days. But Lunchbox is now claiming that you taught us all a very valuable lesson.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go, right, Yes, and it is.
Speaker 6: If you're going to take someone to your fam family member's wedding, you need to either be engaged or married to that person. You can't just be dating that person because now all those pictures from Morgan's sister's wedding are ruined.
Speaker 4: Probably in family photos.
Speaker 1: Was as her before you start saying yes he is, let's ask her because you took him to your sister's wedding where you were the maid of honor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, okay, lunch postional questions. Would you like to ask her? Was he in family photos?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: He was not in the set up family photos.
Speaker 2: Was he in pictures of with your sister on the dance floor?
Speaker 1: Okay? But those there are probably people that that doesn't matter, It doesn't ruin a picture.
Speaker 6: Are you serious every time they look back at her sister's wedding, Oh, there's that guy, Man, there's that guy?
Speaker 4: Or is that I thought it coming?
Speaker 8: I think it's more going to be for me in the photos, because it's really just photos of him and I that have shown up in those that I'm gonna be like, dang, that sucks for me that I brought it to something that was important to me.
Speaker 6: Right, such a big event, and now you every time you look at that wedding, you're gonna think of him.
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: So the new it's not runned, Okay, go ahead. The new rule is if.
Speaker 6: You're going to a family meter family member's wedding, because that's a special wedding, you have to be engaged or married to the person. A friend's wedding who cares. You're just there to have fun.
Speaker 1: Anyway, or bump them out of the family pictures like Morgan did, and they get to exist like everybody else.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I am so glad to hear you win in family photos. Oh you're so.
Speaker 1: Glad because you care that much about the Morgan.
Speaker 4: Yes, I keck you up at night.
Speaker 6: I was thinking Mike Morgan probably had her arm around him and they'd had to photoshop him Mountain Morgan's arm just be hanging in the air.
Speaker 1: Like what up?
Speaker 7: Guy?
Speaker 6: Like here at the wedding. Hey, I yeah, so weird. But hey, I'm glad to hear. But yes, I am. Ooh and money it would have cost them to pay extra to get them photoshopped.
Speaker 4: Oh, it doesn't cost money.
Speaker 2: You can also just crop it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But those you agree with My rule, I think the role and she followed it, is if you're not engaged or Mary, don't put him the main family picture.
Speaker 2: And she did that.
Speaker 4: Gosh, she even engaged in the main family picture.
Speaker 2: That's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Engaged, I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: Engaged is a pretty like committed self.
Speaker 1: If I'm engaged to you and you don't put me in the family picture, I'm like, we're not feeling very good about this engagement, so I think engaged with definitely on the end. Yeah, your thoughts on the whole thing, Morgan, I.
Speaker 8: Mean yeah, like like listen, I'm I'm super bummed, Like I wish I would have known him before that wedding because it was a really special and important wedding for my sister and in like our period of our lives. So it's a bummer to think about that and that he was there. But I think that's just right now. I don't know that that's going to be a lingering feeling forever, so hopefully not.
Speaker 9: I mean, I hadn't thought about that till lunch brought it up. Well, that's all I can think about.
Speaker 2: Compassionate than I am.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking about her and her family hards, what you're known for right now and this hard time.
Speaker 2: Here's a voicemail we got last night.
Speaker 10: I travel for work, and I've been listening now for about a year, and I hear all these people call in and complain about Lunchbox, and there are some things about Amy that's annoying, like the way she says her asses. I have to turn it on my radio. Eddy when he's like yeah, and I go after every game that he wins. I mean, everybody had annoying in their own little way. I think everybody should just lay out lunchocks.
Speaker 1: That's like the opposite of what a parent tells like a seven year old, you're beautiful in your own way. She just said us all with everybody's annoying their own way. Yeah, which we know that. I know all my little annoying ways. I think lunchbox. So he's just louder. He's just louder with his more abrasive. Therefore it's pushes its way through more. Well.
Speaker 4: The s is how us.
Speaker 3: Like, No, I've even talked to my dentists about there's something we can do to help with the says.
Speaker 4: It's annoying to me too.
Speaker 2: Don't fix it because then you'll come in like double you wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's just I got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Pile of stories.
Speaker 3: So MSN put together a list of suggestions from Warren Buffett on how to build wealth. Okay, okay, first thing is reading is key. He reads five hundred pages from various sources every single day.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that five hundred pages. There's no way even if somebody likes to read. There's no way that's a book a day. That's impossible. That's impossible. I guess that's not because he does it. It's probably why it's a billionaire. That's a leg. But to also have like a full day of work, wow, go ahead, say maybe the words are really big, like he's blind, he's old, and they're really big words.
Speaker 2: Because there's no way.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, save first, Warren Buffett says, do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a wise words, rich guy.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, eat at home.
Speaker 3: Warren Buffett avoids regular nights out.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm go out. I just order Ruber reads all.
Speaker 1: I eat at home. I'm not rich. I eat at home. Oh you're saying, so you haven't doing that, do it all the time? Well, I guess I do eat at home too, I just order it from Okay, Well.
Speaker 4: Eddie, then this one's for you. Don't waste money on gambling, he says.
Speaker 2: Okay, you counting one too, Give me one more from warm buffet.
Speaker 4: Don't live beyond your means.
Speaker 3: If it's not in need and it's not in your budget, make it a hard pass.
Speaker 1: That is probably the best piece of advice that he's given so far.
Speaker 3: And then tags on to that, he said, quality always over quantity.
Speaker 2: Easy to say, yeah, you have to say, okay, what else?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So New York Posts had this relationship colonist Jana Hawking talking about simple things that guys do that women cannot resist. So if y'all want your wives to be totally into you, take notes.
Speaker 4: Okay. The first thing is reading a book like women love something.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's on something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Yeah, So there's a whole Instagram page devoted to that. This is called hot Guys reading NYC.
Speaker 2: But they have to be hot first. It's not just the book.
Speaker 1: Is not just guys reading, and it's every like, hold up, I'm already I'm reading the book to be.
Speaker 2: Hot first, to make this account go ahead.
Speaker 4: Number two is cooking a meal.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could see whe're women like that. Yes.
Speaker 4: Number three is men who walk on the road side of the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: I would say some of them don't even know that's the thing anymore, that's so old.
Speaker 3: Well, some women are very attracted to it, so make sure you're doing it. And then men who share photos of their less than masculine pets online, like if they have a little tiny dog or a kitten.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, what no chance?
Speaker 3: Yeah a guy with a cat, I mean like that's hot.
Speaker 2: No chance else.
Speaker 3: Jelly Roll was talking about his hack for always getting a late checkout at a hotel, and he said, what.
Speaker 1: You need to do, say your name is show them your awards. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, when you're checking in, you need the night shift person because they don't really tend to care. They're not going to be there in the morning. But if you call morning of you're kind of dealing with people that are, you know, trying to get the day going, get people in and out. But the night person is more than likely always like yeah, sure, no problem, who cares.
Speaker 2: That's a little like you said, like two pm.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of a two pm l like check out, that's late late.
Speaker 1: Got two pm a few times? Really, Yeah, I just did. My name is jelly Roll, I'd like, yeah, it's easy.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's my file.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 10: Ready.
Speaker 9: So a couple of weekends ago, Bones, you and I were a fanatics.
Speaker 1: Fest, right, Yeah, it's big sports. I would say, it's like Comic Con for sports. Tom Brady was there talking, or you can like run the forty yard dash, or you can go look at cards. It's like in every way I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Like when I saw it, I was like, Oh, this is like Bravo Con.
Speaker 2: For sports, which is like Comic Con for Bravo.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all that, But I didn't know this was happening. Apparently there was a costume contest going on there and the winner she dressed up as a Bills fan but jumping on a table. Her whole costume was a Bills fan jumping on table, which is what the Bills fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they jump off like wrestling and rest slinging me when they jump off the top row person, they jumped through tables. Those mafia does, that's their thing. And that was her costume. And so she won the first prize, like the main prize. Dude, this prize is crazy.
Speaker 9: So for the next year, she's got tickets to the Super Bowl, the World Series, NBA Finals, Stanley Cup Finals, em I Lel's Cup, WrestleMania, and UFC.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: All that she got for that costume contest.
Speaker 2: That's azing.
Speaker 1: This is unbelievaze I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every one of the championships. That's wild.
Speaker 1: I thought that was so I saw.
Speaker 2: The costume is pretty good. She's on a table leaning back.
Speaker 1: It looks like she's falling through it, but she's really not. But it's part of the costume. The table is do Why did we not get dressed up when we win? We weren't gonna win or think about like that. Dan, that's awesome, that's like much more. Why don't we think of a million dollar idea? Well, we just didn't have them. But yeah, that is the greatest prize I've ever heard, other than like winning lottery. No, this is pretty cool. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 1: One of our favorite voice Mellers Trucker Joe left us this message, Hey, Bobby, when somebody wins easy.
Speaker 5: Trivia, ain't they supposed to eliminate somebody so somebody.
Speaker 1: Else could play?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Oh, we played our whole first match on Friday in the new season. Oh, Eddie's the champion, Eddie, you can still eliminate somebody.
Speaker 2: Wow, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Who it is. Let me think about this for a second, because if you win, you get to cut someone. So if you don't cut someone the next five seconds, we're moving on with life.
Speaker 9: I mean, Amy's my main competitor, so if I cut her, I have a better chance of winning.
Speaker 2: She did cut you once. Yeah, let's cut Amy.
Speaker 1: Wow, just like that, Trucker Joe breaks into Justice and what does that put Abby in? Yeah? Yeah, well whoever did really?
Speaker 2: Just an empty chair? Wow, justice is sir, Thank you, Trucker Joe.
Speaker 1: And now, so you got to the Morning Corny right after that? Oh no, oh no, all right, let's go to the Morning Corny.
Speaker 2: The Morning Corny.
Speaker 4: Why was the baby jalapeno shivering?
Speaker 2: Was the baby jalapeno shivering?
Speaker 4: He was a little chilly?
Speaker 2: Tears are falling down her face.
Speaker 1: That was the morning Corny. How do you feel about that? Amy?
Speaker 4: I get it. I had to do it to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's part of the game.
Speaker 3: It's hard being the competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, well, I guess I take it.
Speaker 4: You'll play again, but no, Amy, So I guess it's a compliment.
Speaker 2: Sure you can take that way or whatever.
Speaker 1: Wake up, Wake up in the mall radio and the Dodgers going to lunchbox. More Game two stea bread out of trying to put you through fog. He's running It's wigs next year. The Bobby's on the box, so you know what this.
Speaker 2: Abotty ball. Let's do the news Bobby's story.
Speaker 1: This guy named Jesse Kipp eighty one month jail sentence after being convicted of faking his own death by hacking government systems, officially marking himself as deceased. Now, he used credentials of a physician to gain access to the death of registry. So he did all this basically to get out of paying child support.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, creative As from the register, he up his game.
Speaker 1: He stole credentials, he accessed other states death registries, and they say, dead beat dad hacks government to fake death. Once he's released from jail, he'll be on the hook one hundred and ninety five thousand dollars to cover the child support he was trying to avoid. Ooh dang, that's like, if you're that smart to do all that, why not be that smart to make the money to pay your child support?
Speaker 2: Isn't that rational?
Speaker 1: Thinking? Yes, well, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to do it, but now do you want to jail? You know what, you don't do it Joe. He didn't want to do trust me, you don't want to know.
Speaker 9: It's like cartels that like do like awesome business, but they got to do it illegally.
Speaker 2: Over they make a lot of money. They make a lot of This guy just like try to whack himself.
Speaker 1: They make a lot of money. Not that I would do that, of course. Not to stop the hiccups. Reach for these common fruits. So if you have the hiccups, which I don't get the hiccups very often, and I can usually stop mom by just holding my breath for five seconds. Been very easy for me to get rid of it. Never been a big hit hiccup guy. But a simple and effective way to stop hiccups. Drip lemon juice or lime juice into the back of the throat. It'll almost stop them immediately, okay, because it is a stimulation of the vegas nerve which runs from the brain down to blow the diaphragm. And what the limon or lime juice does is some sort of sensory sour who knows.
Speaker 4: Whatever, Because I get hiccups for a long time.
Speaker 1: A person accidentally texted a police officer saying, you want to smoke like smoke yeah, you will smoke, and the officer played along for a second, but then the person was like yo, and then he sent a picture for the badge and they stopped texting. Oh no. Just for those wondering smoking, not legal smoking, especially in this day in Mississippi, Ward is not legal smoke the marijuana. That's from Fox News. It wasn't wow, maybe you were a little hard It was Is it okay to drink twenty five cups of coffee a day? No?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Around eight thousand people were surveyed with coffee habits ranging from one to twenty five cups of coffee each day. Yeah, there are people that do twenty five a day. The survey conducted, Uh, we're with again, thousands of people from the United States, UK, like countries that we know, because sometimes I do it with countries we don't know, and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, how believable is this?
Speaker 1: But a high amount of coffee consumption didn't have a noticeable effect on the hardening of arteries.
Speaker 2: So it was safe to drink twenty five cups of coffee a day.
Speaker 1: WHOA just seems like a lot.
Speaker 2: The Mayo Clinic has concluded it's safe to drink four a day.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna listen to.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, but some people do twenty five. That's all day, right, that's you wake up drinking coffee, drink it all the way till you go to bed. Right, there's no way to drink all that just in the morning. Seventy three percent of insured drivers prefer to pay out a pocket rather than filing insurance claims. And I think also two reasons. One because if it's something that is not a substantial amount of money, you don't want your insurance to go up because that sucks. Has happened to me before, where it's like I just could have paid like four hundred and nineteen dollars instead of having my go up one hundred and ten dollars a month in perpetuity, so forever, it's just like up one hundred bucks. Some people, though, don't even want to get insurance. They would just rather pay for it themselves. Like car, the thing is you have to have insurance, that's the law with cars. Yes, many prefer to pay out a pocket for auto damage. And I would say, you have to make that decision. Is it worth it to go because your premium will change if so. That's from PR Newswire anybody here not have car insurance?
Speaker 2: Good job?
Speaker 1: Everybody third of America cans consider themselves to be an entrepreneur. Who here considers themselves to be an entrepreneur? Eddie, Oh yeah, a little bit. Chicken business. I mean I have my job, this one. This is an entrepreneur job. This is a regular jobrepreneur. I know that's what I'm saying. I get a paycheck here. But my chicken business entrepreneur, Yes, that would be true, but he doesn't do anything.
Speaker 9: I sold a lot of chickens, but I'm still selling chickens.
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 4: I have done entrepreneurial things.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh boy, entrepreneur what?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 6: Oh I mean pow it that's entrepreneurial. Uh storage shed I mean lawn mowing business back in the day.
Speaker 2: You were eleven DVDs. Uh, I mean everything.
Speaker 1: I'm for the record, are you an entrepreneur if it's illegal, I am an entrepreneur and I still come up with ideas every day on the napkin.
Speaker 4: Why why you don't think we have entrepreneuris?
Speaker 2: Why do you say?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know when I said mind you said old boys.
Speaker 6: I said it to him, was going to him, you know, he was going to me next amy He wouldn't, okay.
Speaker 4: I was sensitive to that because I.
Speaker 2: Was like, you don't install us entrepreneurs over here, Okay, No, No.
Speaker 1: I just knew you were gonna have a list of things that really probably shouldn't count, like doing bits for the show.
Speaker 2: Does it mean you're Yeah, the palette where.
Speaker 1: We all put in money and we still haven't seen our money back yet.
Speaker 2: It's working on it, all right.
Speaker 1: And then finally five million dollars worth of meth disguised as watermelons found at a California customs checkpoint.
Speaker 2: Somebody got in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. US Customs and Border Protection discovered five million dollars worth of meth and fetamine disguised as watermelons. So disguised though, I would think they would be in the watermelons, and.
Speaker 2: They probably hollowed out somehow.
Speaker 1: More so than like they were just they just painted the meth bundles green.
Speaker 4: Lunchbuck is the entrepreneur. See what he would do?
Speaker 6: I just told you, yeah, yea, yeah, you would get a machine to hallow them out and then be able to put the watermelon back together.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened. They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: They literally pay need these bundles to look like watermelons. That's gonna be a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's crazy. I'm looking at them.
Speaker 4: Are they oval?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well if they weren't, that wouldn't look like a watermelon.
Speaker 2: Another square.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. They took the wrapping the packages and just painted on my light green and then drew darker green lines on them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: They must have gotten through many times though running five million through. They've probably run two hundred thousand through first. A couple of times. I thought they would have hollowed the melons out too, but straight up like somebody putting those glasses just walking through.
Speaker 6: What's crazy is they're kind of smaller. And I got a question. Is Mexico known for their watermelons? Because it would be a little weird if you're bringing that much watermelon for Mexico and they don't grow there.
Speaker 4: I don't know there.
Speaker 2: I would think that'd be a very watermelony place.
Speaker 3: I got from South Texas and my grandpa was a watermelon farmer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I would think so.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's the news story. All right, we have vacation coming up. Eddie telling Amy what's going on.
Speaker 9: So we were talking about vacation, me and Abby in the glassroom and she said, where are you going to go for vacation? I said, Scottsdale, Arizona. She said, oh my gosh, I am too. We should get together.
Speaker 2: And I was like, so.
Speaker 9: I'm just going with my wife. This is me and my wife going. And she said, I'm going with my boyfriend. Like we should do. We should double day, go hiking and we can do like lunch and stuff. And I'm like, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Maybe one activity.
Speaker 2: Why would you va how here? Let me ask Gabby? I off, how real? Sometimes people on the show exaggerate. Abby?
Speaker 1: Did you tell Eddie you wanted to go on a double date if you guys are both on vacation in Scottsdale?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I have a whole itinerary we could do.
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not do it here?
Speaker 1: Because when you're on vacation, you're doing stuff you don't normally get to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but his wife is always watching the kids. They never get to do dates here. So I was like, that'd be awesome to do a double date.
Speaker 3: And last time we went on vacation, remember I went to QS by myself.
Speaker 2: And so now I finally but you have a boyfriend. You don't need to track down you know what that this direct.
Speaker 4: In the same place. So it's like.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and if we see you, we'll wait at you, That's.
Speaker 1: What she said to she, like, this is crazy. It's meant to be.
Speaker 4: We should hang out odds one time, not an itinerary.
Speaker 1: Why would you not do it if you're at home, That's what I said, time going to somewhere new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys never hang out. That would be the weirdest thing, the weirdest effort.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's weird.
Speaker 7: It be fun.
Speaker 3: What I it's the beginning of the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: The boyfriend really gets along with Eddie.
Speaker 1: Ye, that's actually but you can find that out here.
Speaker 2: I don't want to waste my vacation testing out.
Speaker 1: You want to waste a vacation one hike. You want to waste hours evening testing she said, hike and then lunch afterwards. I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Wanna do that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like it was awkward?
Speaker 1: Eddie? I feel like it's really all not awkward to do because we all love Abby, sure, except for but I feel like on vacation that's a weird pressure to put on you for you.
Speaker 9: Oh, I think it is crazy that we're going to the same city.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. We can all acknowledge. Yes, what are the odds? Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many times have you been in Scottsdale?
Speaker 1: Eddie?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 4: Okay, see, I always go. We used to go there.
Speaker 1: Every which is right.
Speaker 2: Why you shouldn't hang out there? You should go?
Speaker 4: She can help them know what to do.
Speaker 9: She said that too, like I can show you around. I know Scottsdale, I have GPS.
Speaker 2: I don't need you.
Speaker 1: We can run.
Speaker 2: Is this awkward or no?
Speaker 1: I vote heavily awkward. Not that it's abbey, but just that there's an expectation of because you happen to be in the same city on vacation, you need to hang out together. I'm gonna go awkward. Amy, Well, okay, if.
Speaker 4: When you put it that way, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: There should be an ex That's what it is.
Speaker 4: There shouldn't be an expectation. But I mean, why not just get together for one thing?
Speaker 2: But you can do it here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're in Scottsdale.
Speaker 1: We can do it here, and we don't do it here. Yeah, you've chosen not to do it.
Speaker 2: Here. Okay, so Amy's going not awkward lunchboxing, heavily awkward example.
Speaker 6: I mean it's so weird and strange and I don't even understand it.
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: So what did you do on vacation? I went and hung out with Abby.
Speaker 4: Like what one thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't believe it. We're there, we should go like, let's go on a double day? Or was it like, hey, something we should think about if we're both there and we're bored, we could reach out to each other. No, no, it was like immediately we should do blank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you guys staying in the same area?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Utah.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh. Do you feel where this feels funny?
Speaker 4: I don't really, I really don't.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 2: That's what we love about you. You're a good person with a good heart.
Speaker 1: I guess that's maybe maybe we'll see what happens. Hey, sure, hit me out. You never know what the world is gonna bring, right, and if you get lost, you know who to call because she spent exact time there. You guys are great.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 6: This story comes us from Iowa, a forty eight year old man was at home with his dad when his dad was like, hey, man, can you cover up your feet?
Speaker 2: Your feet stink?
Speaker 6: He said what, and he goes, yeah, those are nasty. So the sun shot the dead what.
Speaker 1: I would imagine there was some some beef prior to the feet sure, stinky argument. I would imagine there is a long history of these two not getting along, and then this was just a final straw.
Speaker 2: And he did ask him to wash his feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I would imagine there was a lot more to it than just the feet thing.
Speaker 2: Nobody died, No one died.
Speaker 1: Allow.
Speaker 2: We don't allow deaths.
Speaker 6: No, there's no deaths. That's why this one is allowed. This is why it's allowed.
Speaker 1: Anyone have stinky feet because I do not have stinky feet. My shoes don't stink.
Speaker 9: Depending on what I wear, like if I wear shoes without socks for like oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I never. I never do that, So maybe that's why.
Speaker 4: I don't know how people do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never throw them on.
Speaker 1: I feel like it makes the shoes smell long term. Sure it does.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys are also bonehads for doing that. I'm much box at your boneheads story.
Speaker 6: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go talk to Mitchell in Knoxville, Tennessee. Mitchell, you're out, buddy.
Speaker 7: I don't know you've noticed this in Nashville, but in Knoxville there's more and more people running not just stop signs, but red light. So I dropped the kids off at school this morning. On my way back, I was like, I'm just gonna pull over this gas station seats, you know, see if I see anybody running. Out of twenty cars, five people ran the red light. And I don't know if you guys are seeing that more in Nashville or not, but it's it's kind of sketchy. I didn't want to talk about it on the radio. I didn't want to entice more people to do it right, but you know, I just wanted to ask you the question, like, if you pull up through a red light, look both ways and no one's coming, do you run the thing or do you dreamlight?
Speaker 1: Different question? Okay, Okay, I now see what he's saying. Y if it's yellow and I'm not too far back, I'm trying to beat it. That's not running red light because yellow means hurry, right, Yeah, it's unless you're pretty far away. That it means yield slow, it's about to change, But it depending where you are in the relationship with the yellow light. Sure, the yellow light means different things. If you're pretty close and there's no car in front of of you. Oh, what really burns me up is if somebody's in front. There's plenty of time to get under the yellow and they slam on their brakes.
Speaker 2: That's the worst. Oh, it's like, bro, you could have made it. You easily could. I could have made it right. And I'm not an aggressive driver.
Speaker 4: That's as I say.
Speaker 3: I'm shocking.
Speaker 4: I think you're the yielder at all times.
Speaker 1: I'm got to get somewhere on time at all times, and if it's safe. Yellow doesn't mean slam on your brakes. Yellow means if you're far back, start slowing down because it's about to turn red. But if you're underneath it, here's a gas. They left it in parentheses. He's a gas.
Speaker 2: So okay, I thought.
Speaker 1: That's what he meant. Like people were running the after it turns red, they just go under. Now, I think it's a different story. If you get to a red light and there's nobody around. I am a real follower. If I get to a red light and there's no one around, I do not run the red light because I think somewhere behind a bush there is a police officer that.
Speaker 2: Is watching, and boo, I'm gonna get run. So I won't run it.
Speaker 1: However I can't. I'm not gonna be mad at somebody who does. If there's no reason to sit there amy red light, no one's around, you go through it.
Speaker 4: Yes, not listen. Not during the normal day.
Speaker 2: God our citizens arrest, right, huh.
Speaker 3: Like when we're on our way to work and it's early in the morning and there's not that many people on the road and somehow I'm at some red light that is gonna cause me to be late here and I'm sitting there unnecessarily. And if there's not that many people on the road, that is when I do it. But if it's two pm, no, I'm not doing it, because I.
Speaker 1: Don't think any of us are doing it at two pm daylight. No, No, I'm gonna send I'm doing it middle of the night too. But you're saying middle of the night, no one's around, you're gonna go and run through it if you're late, correct, Eddie, three am, no problem, three pm not doing it? Do you think twice about it at three am?
Speaker 9: Well, you know what if I'm like sometimes you're like coming out of a neighborhood and those lights just don't change for summer.
Speaker 1: If you're not back and forth, back and forth, and you do that twenty times, it's still not changing. I'll look.
Speaker 9: I mean, if it's more than three minutes, I'm looking, like, what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go.
Speaker 6: And what's funny is is not more than three minutes. It feels like three minutes because you're sitting there and there's no cars going by, but it feels like it's forever. And I'm like, all right, I'm out of here. What do you do during the day. I've done it where I run it, but I treat it like a stop someday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: And we're not talking about right on red because that can be treated like a stop sign.
Speaker 6: Like I'm sitting there and I'm looking and I'm just sitting there like there is no one around.
Speaker 2: This is so dumb.
Speaker 6: But in the middle of the night, if it's dark out, see you Mitchell.
Speaker 1: We had the conversation, how do you feel about our thoughts on what you told us all perfect.
Speaker 7: I agree with everything. It's the loud read for a long period of time, probably running it. But more of the story has looked both ways because you don't know who's coming and who's going to respect a lot, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the larger moral of the story, even more than just traffic, is look both ways because you never know who's coming. That's right in the life Bobby Bones. The Bobby Bones theme song written produce sang by Readyardberry. You can find his instagram at Readyarberry dot com. Scooba Steve executive producer, Ray Mundo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thanks for listening to the podcast.