Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike semper vb.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, and when you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Bryan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We're here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sundays, three Pacific sixtiestern Saturday Mornings with a Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrewsarian. And it is Tuesday on the show. You know that means my day off is over. What do I mean by that? Well, yesterday I only had to watch one wrestling show. It was crazy. I watched five shows this past weekend, and today I got to watch the twenty years Ago on TNA Impact, which actually is December eighth. I know some people have been looking on the TNA Plus app for this week's retro Impact and it was actually a Thursday special, so I believe it is the December eighth edition of TNA Impact that we're gonna be reviewing tonight on The Bryan and Vinie Show, and then NXT is tonight as well. Man, I can't wait for that. We'll give you the lineup for NXT thus far, and also tomorrow is Dynamite Winter is coming, which we only have three matches announced. It's very weird. There's probably gonna be at least two Continental Classic matches, but nothing has been announced because these guys are wrestling so hard that I guess we're gonna wait until the last minute to find out who's not hurt, so then we can tell you what matches are taking place tomorrow. Oh kind of seems to me that maybe we should tone things down if that's the way we have to book now to find out who's healthy and who's not. But anyway, we'll go over the Dynamite lineup that we have thus far, and then we've got a lot of news. Of course. Last night was Monday Night Raw was the final raw before the last match of John Cena, who's already signed a new five year deal. We'll tell you about that. We've also got an update on the Peacock availability of pls and everything like that and Dynamite Ratings, World Tag League and plenty more lands is going to join us here today is always on a Tuesday. Back in a moment to kick it off, Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Cole's Customer Appreciation Event is here right in time for the Gift Exchange. Even though everyone pretends gifting isn't a competition, it kind of is. At Coles Save On Gifts, everyone will fight over from sweaters and flannels to air fryers, toaster robins and more, because deep down, the Gift Exchange isn't just about giving, It's also about winning shop calls and save on top gifts now Celex style. Some exclusions apply. Offers and December fourteenth, Sea Storecoles dot Com for details.
Speaker 5: Hey vacation lovers, it's finally time to use all those random facts you learn on TikTok for something that actually matters. It's the radio Trivia Challenge from the Vacation Buddies dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, here's how it works.
Speaker 5: Be one of the first ten callers right now and you'll score a complimentary three day, two night getaway from the Vacation Buddies. You'll stay at none other than Westgate Resorts in your choice of Vegas, Orlando, Myrtle Beach or Branson. You ready according to travel Stats, which of these three cities is the most visited vacation destination in the US A Las Vegas, b Orlando see.
Speaker 1: New York City.
Speaker 5: First ten callers get the trip. So stop scrolling and start dialing, and let's see if TikTok actually taught you anything.
Speaker 6: Be one of the first ten callers called vacation Buddies right now eight hundred three four oh one eight three four, eight hundred three four oh one eight three four, eight hundred three four oh one eight three four. That's eight hundred three four oh eighteen thirty four. Keep listening for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquid eight our prices. Here's how whether you want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: Book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals on thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six, eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio, Bigfoot, UFOs, Ghosts, Hauntings, Cryptid's True Crime, After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez. Their's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byline USA.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show. Brian Albertz here Wrestling Observer Live Lance is joining us here today fresh off a long weekend. Hull Lance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was, although I've got to say the wrestling fans in El Paso, Texas are great old school wrestling fans and they were fantastic three nights in a row.
Speaker 1: Are you are you allowed to tell us whether or not you were the agent for that AJ Francis match?
Speaker 3: I was not.
Speaker 1: Who's responsible for that?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta find out because I want to put him over. That was the best finish, Actually, that was the second best finish of the weekend. It was. It was my favorite finish of the weekend. But the actual best finish was that Nigel McGinnis iron Man match where they managed to get a fall at zero seconds. It was the most I mean, I can't even believe how perfectly they did three falls in ninety seconds, with the last one being literally exactly at the buzzer. It was. It was astonishing. So I've never seen a better time to finish in my life.
Speaker 7: But far as a fun finish, my most.
Speaker 1: The best finish of the weekend, my favorite, my personal favorite finish, was the finish of that AJ Francis yet.
Speaker 7: I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, that probably came from Creative and Tommy Dreamer because that has the feel of Tommy Dreamer all over it. Well again, I don't know, it could have been.
Speaker 1: Deserves an award for that finish, I would say. So there you go, and you guys taped on Saturday. I guess we don't do spoil but if you're a fan of matches, we've seen a lot over the last couple of months. Have I got some shows for you? Right?
Speaker 7: We taped four weeks of television, which we'll cover five because we got a little bit extra two ways. We have a show on Christmas Day, so I'm assuming that'll be a partially highlights and so forth, but at least one big new match, much like we did on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: So what we've heard about AMC is probably going live every every three weeks or so. You have you got any more information? Do they tell you anything when you went down there.
Speaker 7: I didn't get anything pinned down other than it won't be every week, but I suspect long term it'll greatly depend on if the tape shows do as well as the live shows, and if they do, then there won't be a panic to go live every week. But if the live shows do a lot better, then I would imagine that would be the direction they want to go.
Speaker 1: Well historically, as much as people like to think otherwise, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, you need to go live enough that the fans sort of get the impression that it's a live show. And then once they sort of have that feeling that they're live shows, you can actually have quite a few of them taped and nobody even notices.
Speaker 1: Well that and also, you know, everyone everyone seems to think that spoilers make people not watch a show, but really, more often than not, when there's a spoiler and people are like what, they actually tune in. I mean a lot of times.
Speaker 7: When Foley won the title, yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of times, well that was because you know, Tony Chivoni told him to go watch the show. But you know a lot of times, even nowadays, it's like they'll they'll tape a smack down and it turns out there's gonna be a title change or whatever, and then they end up getting a better number than when they did the live show. So there's this idea that's always been there that live is more exciting and more people are going to tune in when it's live. But that's never actually really hand out, so we'll see that happens.
Speaker 7: I think having the occasional live is a real benefit because it allows you to do the occasional true surprise. Sure, you know, like that was where when like Dolf Ziggler debuted and when Santana debuted and we had those surprises, we had to do them on pay per view because those were the only live shows we had. But now you can throw a few of those out on impact because some of the shows are going to be live on AMZ starting January fifteenth, new time slot nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Yes, very good, Lance, all right, the office will be happy. I'm sure they will be. Now, what I'm not happy about is NXT there tonight. And so far we've got four things announced and this is like, we got an open challenge for Blake of Neuroe's NXT Women's North American title. We have Jordan Grace versus Kilanie, Jordan Hank and Tank return and Shiloh Hill debuts. So really we have one match that we actually know. We have a mystery match, and we have a return and a debut. This is coming off their last pl and I can't say I'm blown away by the lineup for this show. Here they don't even mention, you know, the man and the woman who won Iron Survivor Challenge. I would presume they'd be on the show. I don't know why you can't just advertise that, but pretty nothing happened in lineup. And then for Winters coming on Wednesday, it's a good lineup. The three matches, we have Samoa, Joe Verzetti, Kingston, which should be really good. We got the finals of the women's tag title tournaments, so we will have new women's tag team champions tomorrow on Dynamite, Will Nightingale and Harley Cameron versus Tony and Mina. And then we have Hangman and Swerve versus Shebata and Hobbes and presumably and this is this always. I'm just not a fan of this. We have no Classic matches announced for Wednesday or this weekend or for Collision, because I guess we have to see, well who's healthy anyway, My not my promotion.
Speaker 7: Though, at least as a general rule, Continental Classic matches are good and well received. So as long as they know there's some of those on the show, I suppose it'll help a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, we actually don't know.
Speaker 7: That, but we presumed that we assume that class, but.
Speaker 1: We don't know if there aren't.
Speaker 7: Enough people healthy to even have matches.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, we've already got we've already got of all people. Darby Allen out of the tournament because he got hurt, and we're we're three weeks in and we can't even announce matches because we have to find out who's not hurt. I just think there has to be a way to tone this down a little bit so we're not constantly having to see who's hurt and who's not hurt so that we can book our show. I mean, I don't think you have to get hurt to have a great match. In fact, I know you don't because historically you don't have to.
Speaker 7: People have done it, people have.
Speaker 1: Done it quite successfully. But well, this is where we are right now, So we'll find out when we find out if there's going to be any Continent Classic matches. All right, Max, what's going on over there?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 7: He's mad? He wants this Continental Classic.
Speaker 1: Matches what's see. What's the upset about with this show?
Speaker 7: I don't know. He's with his bad leg. He's been more restless than usual.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we had an appearance by Mark Shapiro on the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference and he was asked about the future availability of archive we content in addition to NXT premium live events, which, honestly, at this point, if they lose NXT Premium live events, I'm alright with that. I'm very upset with this company right now. But here's what he says. First off, if you've been on Peacock lately, I don't know how many of you guys go up there regularly, but not all of the content, but a lot of the content, mostly the historical content. I don't think it's the ples, I don't think it's the NXT shows, but a lot of the content now, says twenty one days remaining, so it's gonna be history here soon. But he says they are working on a non exclusive deal. Expect to have something to announce in the first quarter of twenty twenty six. The deal with Peacock to carry most ww archive content expires at the end of the year. Regarding nxtpls. They haven't gotten to market yet. Shapiro said there is no rush to do so, as they want to be both deliberate and thoughtful about the process. I wish they would be deliberate and thoughtful with the NXT booking. The deal with Peacock to carry nxt plees expires in March of so nxtpls will remain on Peacock at least through March. That we know. Shapiro City is thrilled that the industrial logic of bringing it to IP and blah blah blah blah blah. Let's see, he is confident ESPN head Jimmy Petara will get the process moving fast of green lighting various cable providers to sync with ESPN. So basically, those of you that have to pay for this ESPN whatever the heck it's called now, not ESPN plus ESPN whatever to watch the pay per views if you have certain cable companies, I can't remember which ones they are, but you basically get it as part of your package. Most do not. But he's saying that they're trying to get this green lit for most of the cable companies ESPN unlimited. I guess what's called right now, so we'll talk more about this after the Breakubserver Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: All right, this ESPN thing, so I have it. It's on my iPad and Apple TV and such. It's just a giant e but it is technically ESPN Unlimited, even though the website to get ESPN Unlimited is Plus dot espn dot com. It's the old ESPN Plus website, but it's not ESPN Plus anyway. The point is right now, if you have DirecTV, Fubo TV, Hulu Plus, Live TV Spectrum, and Verizon FiOS, if it sounds like somebody is working on my roof, it's because someone is working on my roof. So let Max know so they can all make noise at the same time. DirecTV, Fubo TV, Hulu Plus, Live TV Spectrum, and Verizon FiOS. All of those get this ESPN Unlimited for free as part of your cable package. But if you've got, for example, what are some of the others Comcast, does that even still exist? YouTube TV, any of these others. I mean, you don't get it. So they claim that they're working to have it made available on all of those different places, so we shall see. I would like to have it available on YouTube TV, but not happening yet. Summer third Dynamite for ninety six thousand viewers, down slightly point zero nine in eighteen to forty nine, down ten percent from the prior week, third lowest they've done since October seventh. There was a sporting competition, et cetera, et cetera, and really not much more to say about it than that. Pretty much any show I'm talking Dynamite Collision SmackDown XT we don't really get TNA numbers, but you cannot compare them to anything before, like the beginning of October. If you try to compare them to how the show was even doing in September August last year, it's now an unfair comparison because of the way that these new ratings are the big data plus panel. So pretty much you gotta just compare it to what it was doing at the beginning of October if you want to say whether things are up or down. So that is the number, all right. An update on the World Tag League. This is pretty much the end of the World Tag League Jeremy Finestone speaking of Strong Style. You should listen to that podcast if you love Japanese professional wrestling. Jeremy knows his stuff. So this is the wrap up for this year's World Tag League. Bishi Mon will take on Zach Saber Junior and Rio hey Oeu all Wednesday in Nagasaki. Gabe Kit and Yodasuji will face the Knockout Brothers on Friday and Kagashima for the semi final, and the winners of those matches we'll meet in the World Tag League Final on Sunday, so it's either gonna be well those are the four teams. So it ended up with Block A, Shodan yu Ya and Conan Newman ended up with eight points there and for the A Block Kid and Suji bishamant Evil and Don Falle and the Shingo War Dragons all had eight points. And we ended up with some matches over the last couple of days that have now got everything set up for the finale. So once again Wednesday would be late tonight. By the way, Zach Saber Junior Nouwa versus Bishuman that's tonight and the winners of that will face the winners of Gabe Kit and Yodasuji versus the Knockout Brothers. So we'll see what ends up winning the World Tag League for those Knockout Brothers, but we will know soon enough. So that's the update there. John Cena's retirement match coming up on Saturday against Gunther. He did a long interview with Tom Renald. He talked about a lot of things, including confirming a story I had a couple of months ago. That story where he was going to be facing AJ Styles. I think it was in might have been one of the Saudi Arabia shows. I forget where it was, but anyway, he, without telling anybody, wrote a special John Cena's Style ring announcement for AJ that he had. The ring announcer Reid and AJ didn't know about it, and apparently Johnson didn't clue anybody in, and for some reason he apologized for it. I don't even know why, but he did confirm that that happened, and he also announced that he had signed a five year ambassador deal with WWE. He said that I was like, please, as long as you can do it, I would like to be in this family as an employee, as a contributing part for as long as I can, but he insists he has no plans of ever wrestling again. Physical activity one hundred percent. And I very rarely speak at absolutes because you never know. I do know in this case. This is why I can speak in absolutes. I don't want to let people, let the people think that I made a promise and then let them down. So he actually talked about when Stephanie overheard him rapping on an overseas tour which saved his career, which is a true story.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to the second mountain of being an ambassador because maybe ambassadorship comes with letting more people know to watch this, which was my goal in the first place. Maybe mentorship to talent and that I wouldn't have time to spend time with where I can sit and be like, Okay, are you really how do I get the wrapping moment on the bus? Because I want that guy on TV or I want that girl on TV. I'm looking forward to that stuff. So I don't know how to explain this because I don't want people to report this incorrectly. But this Saturday Night's main event, John Cena's final match. Okay, in storyline. In storyline, John Cena said, I don't want this show to be all about me. I want this show to also be about giving opportunities to some of the people in NXT. So there's going to be NXT representation on the show. Okay, that's what he said in storyline. On television, I can't say like one hundred percent that what I'm about to say is true, but I think that he kind of sort of actually did book Saturday Night's main event. He had. I guess influence would probably be the best way to put it. But you know the people on the show, you know, Johnson is very like, he's very into trying to help the young talent get them shots. There was a he showed up at I think Tyler Breeze's school did a seminar. Yeah, he was there, and then Bailey did a seminar and he showed up to Bailey's seminar as well as she.
Speaker 7: Was doing the seminar at Flatbags.
Speaker 1: Are you sure was one? I thought it was two, like two days in a row, could be anyway. The point is, particularly for the Bailey one, this guy showed up. Okay, he stayed there for eight hours. He brought a notebook. He watched every single one of the matches. He took notes on every single one of the matches, and then when the matches were over, he pulled aside every single talent to give them personal advice from what he'd seen in their matches. He spent the entire day there doing that. He's he's been NXT several times. He had X number of dates obviously that he fulfilled. He wanted to do another date on NXT television, but I guess his dates were fulfilled. Uh So, anyway, that's why he did that tape thing where he chose the competitors for the whatever they call that thing, the matches on this this Iron Survivor Challenge. So you know, that was his appearance that he wanted to do, and he did have influence on all of the matches for Saturday. So it's John Cena versus Gunther. It's Cody Rhoades versus Oba Femi. So it's the w w E Champion versus the NXT champion because Oba Femi beat Ricky Starks this weekend. It's Bailey versus soul Ruka, and it's a j and Dragon Lee versus Javon and Leon Slater. So this continues, This continues, this, this bizarre story of literally every company booking Javon better than NXT. So he's in a prominent position facing the WE Tag Team Champions on Saturday's main event.
Speaker 7: Because you guys never mention it, there is no Peacock in the rest of the world, so apparently it's on YouTube for everyone outside of the United States.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, well there you go. Is he gonna watch it on YouTube? Youre watching John Cena's final match.
Speaker 7: I certainly want to see how Leon does.
Speaker 1: Who's winning Johnson and Gunther.
Speaker 7: I'm torn now. I was gonna say Sena for sure, but I'm wondering if the I'm gonna make you give up gives Sena the moral victory when he doesn't get up give up and Gunther has to pin him. And then because MS is doing such a big deal of with a countdown of him wanting things, I'm wondering if MS comes out at the end to make fun of him, and John Cena hits him with the AA and pins him and everybody thinks that's a win and we go home happy.
Speaker 1: I think he's submitting Gunther with the STF.
Speaker 7: I would not submit Gunter. I think pinning Gunther is fine. I would not submit gun through well and jumping ahead. I loved Gunther's promo.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why. I mean, it's so obvious to me that that's to finish, because he beat l A Knight with that cravat cross face, and he has vowed on every show that he is going to do the one thing that John Cena that no one has ever done to John Sena has to make him give up.
Speaker 7: Has he never submitted?
Speaker 1: He's never never, never give up? Brother.
Speaker 7: I don't think he's submitted, saying but has he ever had that? I don't think he's ever seen was a heel early on as a US champion.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's ever submitted. But if he has, they're doing the Andre the Giant here. But anyway, I don't think he's giving up in his last match. I think he is going to make because Gunther's gimmick is that when things get tough, he gives up. She tapped out to uh, you know, uh jay Uso, and I think there was another one too. Who else did he submit to? I think there's somebody else, But anyway, that's what I expect. To happen. We'll talk about raw after the break. Everybody observer live.
Speaker 8: Whoa October is ending? But I want to keep the fall fun going, So I shot Cole's lowest prices of the season. I saved thirty percent on top active brands like Nike, Adidas, and under Armour. Then I got my kids some boots for under twenty two dollars, scored fifty percent of Food Network taking must haves, and earned Cole's cash. YEP, it doesn't get better than cold flex style offers in October twenty seven. Two bunks and not applied to Nike, Adidas and under Armoured. Fe store holds the company details.
Speaker 9: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with Sportsbetting claim dot Com. He'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation, please submit your claim information for evaluation at sports bettingclaim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sports betting claim dot com.
Speaker 10: I am an American veteran. I'm proud to have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how their program works and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Card Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about.
Speaker 1: To give you right now.
Speaker 10: Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eight seven one o nine seven eight hundred eight eight seven one oh ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Progressive presents advice on new team drivers.
Speaker 1: You know, the hardest part about who teaching your team to drive is the chafing from the seatbelt.
Speaker 9: But the best part is to the grip strings you build in your knuckles.
Speaker 3: Okay, now let's pull out of the driveway. Here's another tim offset a chunk of the cost of adding a team to your insurance with Progressives team driver discount and get a break from the break Progressive Angel Team turned company in affiliates not available in all states or situations.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alfarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: The glance is right in a sense, he did tap out to uh Jericho Ben Wah and Kurt Angle twice, but that was before his current gimmick of never give up John Cena since two thousand and four. I believe Johnsena's never submitted.
Speaker 7: So word life John Cena may have some.
Speaker 1: Word life John Cena. The heel gave up, but this current baby face never give up John Cena has never quit.
Speaker 7: Actually, the Kurt Angle ones might have been ruthless aggression John Cena.
Speaker 1: Could have been yes, all right, what do you think of wrong?
Speaker 7: It was long? I was a big fan of Gunther's promo.
Speaker 1: Actually wasn't that long. It was the shortest one in months. It was only two hours and twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: Well, I flew home yesterday, so yesterday was a complete wash for me. So I woke up this morning and realized, oh crap, I have to watch this show before one pm. So I had to try to rush through it. So I was a bit impatient.
Speaker 1: Well I did fast forward through a lot of entrances, and I think I got the show done in about forty five minutes. That was easy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did hit the a lot.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of entrances here on this show and recap packages. So Nobina with Gunther coming down, we talked about this. He basically did his promo vowing to make him give up the one thing you said. Actually, it's very clever. He says, I'm gonna do the one thing you said you would never do. So that's how they're getting around this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he didn't say he's never done it, he just said he won't.
Speaker 1: Well ever since two thousand and four he said, I will never give up. So I see how they're doing it clever. Then we had Kyrie saying and EO Sky fans were super into EO Sky and they traded some cradles right out of the gate and then went to work, and it was just it was amazing to watch this because you know, Vince would never push foreign talent, especially if they couldn't speak English. And you know this EO she barely speaks English, like legitimately, you know, Oscar pretends like she can barely speak English, but she actually speaks very good English. EO very much struggles. But man, she is so over. She's like I mean, it really depends on the show. Like Riha is maybe the most overwoman in WWE, but I'm not sure on this show, probably was EO so anyway, Crouch just going crazy for her and Oscar tried to interfere and Rheo went after her and Kyrie tried to stomp and EO yanked her off the top hit the moon salt pinder. This was a great TV match and the heat was awesome. Then Ria and EO are going after the tag team titles. Then we had Paul am In meeting with Braun Bronson and Logan backstage. Logan has been stewing for a week because Ray slapped him and so he wants a match with him tonight. And then we add Ramisio on his way to the ring for the match with Finn Balor, Logan jumped him. He starts beating him down and suddenly the mystery hooded Man hit the ring, super kicked Ray, gave him the curb stomp, and zoomed out of there. So the Mystery Man was on this show twice, and at this point, to try to throw people off, there are at least two people portraying the Mystery Man. One of them was Austin Theory at the pay per view and on this show. I don't know if it was a different guy in both appearances, or if one of them was Theory, and one of them was somebody else, but particularly the guy at the end of the show looked like he was moving a little different. But anyway, I think I think the other guy is Montese Ford, but I cannot confirm that.
Speaker 7: But yes, I just noticed that there was some women online commenting that one of the Mass men had a must mic. I must a much nicer, but I can't even say it.
Speaker 1: How about that? Well, now you can try to decide which which which man had the better butt, the first Mask guy or the second Mass guy. So La Knight's music gets he runs down to make the save. This sets up La Knight and Logan Paul for the main event, and this l A Knight also Holy smokes with this guy over and then he got beat down. AJ and Dragon levers as the war Raiders. I thought this was a very good match and a very good title match. They did have a hilariously triple botch which you rarely see, which was Dragon trying to lift up Eric actually was Ivory tried a bigger guy and he and he slipped and fell down. So he just tries to do it again and he slips and he falls down. But you know, what they say, third times a charm. He goes for the third one, but you can just see ivartisides, I'm gonna ump as hard as I can. I'm just bumping, but he jumps too high, and so Dragon loses his balance a third time and then just acts like he hit the move. So uh, crowd was polite. Got to give him that. And then at the end, AJ and Eric have a striking battle. AJ gives Ivar a top rope Frankensteiner sitting him into Eric. Eric bumps outside, Dragon dives onto Eric, Aj hits for him on Ivar gets the pin. Very good match. And then the New Day who were at ringside, who are now called New Gooday, you know you didn't notice that it's actually clever. They're there at ringside and they get in the ring and they want a shot against Dragon and Aj. But who should come out but Jimmy and Jay and they do the whole yeating entrance, They do the whole encore and then they announce we are back in the tag team division.
Speaker 7: Did they file the paperwork? Remember when you had to file paperwork?
Speaker 1: Well, Vince's gone, so I guess you don't have to file paperwork. He keeps all that on his phone. But they are back in the tag team division and they want to go through the New Day to get to AJ and Dragon. So I'd say it's good for now that Jay and Jimmy are back as a tag team. You know, Jay's just like failing repeatedly in that world title scene, and it's not his time, So put him back here, let him get some tag title wins or whatever, break him up, whatever you want to do, but they need something different for a while.
Speaker 7: With Jimmy putting over that they're doing it because of all the l's Jay took. I'm assuming the split's coming sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: It could be, It could be maybe they can try again at WrestleMania, see if they can have a better mansion. Last time Stephanie did a promo, I think I finally figured out what's going on here. Stephanie is in the ring for a promo and Nicky comes out and demands a rematch. Before stephan he can respond, Raquel comes down, yanks Nicki off the apron lawn, darts her into the post, and leaves her laying like a total geek, and then she demands a match with Stephanie. So I think what's going to happen is whenever the Stephanie Raquel match takes place, I think Nicky is going to return and she's going to be managing somebody that's going to screw Raquel, because I think the idea is Nicky's going to become a manager, which I think is probably a much better role for her than in ring wrestler. At this point, at a Judgment Day promo, Lives like a Raquel, what were you doing out there? And Roquel goes, I wanted to shot NICKI ruined my other shot, so I had to take her out. And Liv goes, well, you didn't say anything, and Roquel says I didn't need I didn't think I needed to tell you everything, and Liv goes, well you don't. Good luck. So it's all awkward and Raquel leaves and then Live says well, Roxanne, I'm gonna be in your corner tonight, and Roxanne goes, well, that's fine, but why and Liv goes, well, Raquel's going for the world title. That means we're going for the tag team titles. I think they're gonna screw Raquel down the road here, but we shall see Roxanne and Lyra. I thought this match was fine. I thought the finish was very overcomplicated and also just really didn't work out very well. So Live jumps up on the apron, Roxanne rakes her eyes, Bailey takes out Live, Roxanne takes out Bailey. Live is laying on the apron, just laying there dead. So Roxanne shoves Lyra into the ropes and I don't know if liv playing dead had her eyes closed and wasn't paying attention, but she's supposed to kick Lyra, but it was like she forgot and so his face is right there. And then Live finally remembers that she throws her foot and she barely gets her and then uh, rox Sand hits pop Rocks for the pin. I didn't like the finish. I thought they're wrestling itself was all.
Speaker 7: Right, little rough on the finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, there's a lesson in this match that I want to talk about because when I wrestled Lance, I didn't do a lot of dives and I was a little guy. Little guys should do dives, but the issue was I didn't trust anybody. So the only time that I ever did dives was when we would do a multi person match, and there was like a bunch of guys outside, like big dudes, and I would dive off the post on a high cross and they would all catch me and then they would all fall down. It was preposterous, Okay, the idea that I could take out like five grown man the size of Sonny O. Mary's like three hundred and forty pounds, Like I'm diving onto one thousand pounds of humanity and they all fall down. It's ridiculous, Okay. It always gotta pop every single time. And I was watching this match after watching you know that Order for match for example, and all these crazy matches you see with will Ospray and Ricochet, all these guys doing this crazy stuff. And Neon almost killed himself in Arena Mexico this weekend. There's like some crazy thing that happens. Lyra goes up top and she hits a high cross. She just jumps and does a crossbody, the easiest, easiest move you can do, and man, this place went nuts. And it wasn't the only time on this show. Somebody else did a high cross too, And it's such an easy, simple move. It's so easy to catch because you're going sideways. And the person just catches you. It's not like that knees coming to your face or there are butts coming to your face or whatever. And man, this crowd goes wild for the high cross. And I'm just watching this thinking, you know, at some point this week, somebody is gonna do a really really crazy dive and they're gonna put their lives in danger, or they're gonna put their opponent's life in danger, and it's gonna get the exact same reaction that a simple high cross will get in twenty twenty five. So I think people need to do more of those, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: A traditional high cross body is so one of the prettiest things you can do. Yes, and doing simple things excellently is better than doing complicated things. Okay, Yes.
Speaker 1: So then the main event was Logan Paul and La Night and this match was okay, but you know, Logan is now having to do matches where you set it up in the afternoon. He's not at the performance center, he's not practicing and memorizing, and the matches are still fine, but you can see that, like he's still a green worker. And La was like calling this whole match, He's like yelling spots at him. Was like John Cena match and they pulled it off fine, but they had ab outside of the end after Braun and Bronson got ejected and once again the mystery man shows up. He stomps La Knights headed to the table and Logan hits a frog splash gets the pin. We have eight minutes left of television. I'm like, what could possibly be next?
Speaker 7: I don't think beat him and beat him and beat him and beat him.
Speaker 1: All comes out and he cuts a promo about how Broun's gonna win the title from Punk at the Raw one year anniversary show. Braun then takes the mic and does another long promo, which was fine, it was not as good as last week. He vows to take out Punk. He wants the old Punk to show up, not this happy, good guy Punk. He hates that guy. He wants the guy who used to be the greatest wrestler whoever laced up a pair of boots to be his opponent. And he's trying to get over the chant spear one two three, but no one's doing it, and so then they cut backstage and La is trying to get up off the backboard and Braun and Bronson. I'm sorry. Bronson and Logan go back up. They go back there, and man, they killed this guy like five minutes. They beat him up, They beat him up, they beat him up, they beat him up, they beat him up some more. They beat him security, they beat him up, They take him onto a car, He gets the splash off some boxes onto the roof of a car. I mean they left this guy for dead. My presumption is he's gone and then returns to Costa Braun the match with Cmpunk, because I don't think Braun's winning that match, but I will say the way they did this promo and Paul Hayman and the chant and everything, I mean, he's gonna win this belt at some point.
Speaker 2: I guess the question is with you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So barrely, Gunther also submitted a dragonov in an XT. That's another one. So he is prone to quitting this Gunther Wow, unlike John Cena, who never gives up.
Speaker 7: You know that's to be submitted four times.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the finish. It's just gotta be right. Nope, So a little bit more on the mask guy. Everyone does think it's Montes, the guy that showed up on on a raw And I'll just say this for whatever it's worth, which could be a lot, or it could be a little. Paul Hayman is a really big fan of Montes and he's a really big fan of Austin theory as well. And whether that means that theory Montes one the other or both end up in the vision, that's still to be determined. So just because someone is under the mask playing the role doesn't mean they're going to be involved in the storyline and be part of the vision. But Paul does really like both of those guys, and he thinks that they should they're underutilized, and so who else They may end up both being in there.
Speaker 7: In theory, it could be two masked men, not one.
Speaker 1: Yes, it could be.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: But what I can tell you is this, neither of those mass guys were seth rawlins. In case you were wondering, All right, well, we're gonna wrap it up for today. Everybody. Hope you enjoyed all of the barking and roof banging. It should be done by tonight, So Lance and I will be back on Friday. And actually Lance and I are going to be doing a live Q and A at some point here. We got to figure out the time, but I want to do something special for our platinum subscribers on YouTube. If you're a Platinum subscriber, we're gonna be doing at least one monthly live Q and A, whether it's Lance and I or Filthy and I or just me. But that's gonna be coming up soon, so I'll let you guys know as as soon as possible. So that's it. Thanks Lance. As always, Callers and listeners ever to the studio. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network