Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So this is this is pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: So you got the power, money, your stashion, but the music money starts to pick up.
Speaker 3: Yes, me and my beds out.
Speaker 4: Yes, now you're watching this, so to talk about watching the growth of that record growth and the type of money that that brought. Because now everybody's streaming, it's perfect time for you.
Speaker 5: So the record so in my Bed actually got hot during COVID.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: So during COVID, everybody's making videos about in my Bed. Everybody's doing this, about whatever. So many people knew that it was you. When I first heard that, I know it was you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. A lot of people didn't know. A lot of people know, but then they started shazaming.
Speaker 5: Then the video came out and people were like, yo, he's really he really does this, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And before In my Bed I had another record called Love Love Rhythm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it was like, okay, he did it, he did it once, Oh, he did it again. So it became that and I structured my deal with Empire where it's not an artist deal. I was more of a partnership. So a lot of the money that I make independently comes to me, you know. So during this time, so my streams are hitting going crazy, it's going in there and I'm still able to do shows. But if I was, if I was too, if I was with a major at the time, I would have seen way less money, you know. So again it was a situation where I kind of bet on myself because we skipped over the fact that your fifty had let me out my deal.
Speaker 3: So yeah, two thousand and seventeen, twenty eighteen, so he had let me out my deal.
Speaker 6: How long was the deal supposed to be for?
Speaker 5: No, it was I think three albums, three albums with fifth and.
Speaker 6: You did one album.
Speaker 3: I did one.
Speaker 5: You just told them, Yeah, I told him, like, listen, man, I want to I want to bet on myself, you know. And I feel like and during that time, there was a lot of he was changing a lot with the with the label.
Speaker 3: It was hit fired everybody.
Speaker 5: So there wasn't anything really tangible for me to stay there, and he didn't want me to stay there, knowing that he was going through changes.
Speaker 3: You never made it till you owe me Monday. So that's good. You never you never part of that series where you owe me.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, he made I don't know if you remember, but he was like, oh, I owe him money.
Speaker 3: You remember that, yes.
Speaker 5: But so okay, So that was actually a marketing again, his marketing genius man. So he let me out my situation. But any if if you do any deal, obviously a label is going to put up money that they loan you to make whatever, and then you owe them back through your mechanicals. So we had a situation where he had put up about in four years, you put up and maybe like two hundred and fifty thousand, three hundred thousand investments in terms of videos and and shows and da da da da da. So he just made sure that I paid it off through my mechanicals with Empire. So it was it's really nothing, you know anything. But he was like, bruh, this is how I'm going to market you. I'm going to say I want to punch you in your face at least twenty five times, and I'm gonna say this, and they got the number one album in the country and but I'm gonna say I'm going to punch you in your face and break your nose and this. So I'm like, bro, what why why He's a trust me, Bro, it's gonna work. Bro, it's gonna work. It's gonna work. So he's like, yo, teams, he's gonna call you the next day. Da da da da da. And at the.
Speaker 3: Time, my album was number one on the R and B charts.
Speaker 5: But it was you know, it starts off for three four days and it could fall off, but with him doing that, it made people be like, yo, he's we got a number one album. Well let me go check this second. And it stayed number one for about another two weeks. So it was brilliant. That's how That's what actually broke love rhythm, you know what I mean. But so I was able to pay that back off through my mechanicals and you know, get out of that situation.
Speaker 3: So but it was it.
Speaker 6: Was dope mechanicals. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: So the money that you make from streams, the money that you make from airplay, the money that you make from publishing everything that's from title Pandora. Every time you get a stream so basically one hundred and fifty streams, usually one hundred and fifty streams equates to like one dollar. So so if you get five hundred, if you get about it takes about seventy five million streams in total to go go.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success, little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast or a ce to Digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one.
Speaker 3: Of our merch partners.
Speaker 4: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by Unite Space, Department of Homeland Security pools.
Speaker 5: So that's the thing. So you do the seventy five million divided by one point fifty. I think it's about five hundred thousand. So that's how they break it up. So they break it up with definitely like getting So that's why it's so important to get your your your your your songs on Spotify, get your songs on Apple Music. All these things are super important because you need to be on these these playlists to get to get your streams up.
Speaker 3: So that's what it was.
Speaker 5: So I was getting whenever I make the money from that, I'd have to give a portion to him. So we had like a twenty five percent split, so he'll get twenty five percent of whatever came in until it's paid back.
Speaker 7: That's so when you're having that conversation with fifty, yeah, I wan, So he says this is the plan. Yeah, it's going to help. But then when he's relaying it's messaged on social media. He's not joking, like people don't know.
Speaker 6: What's a joke. Yeah, they think it's serious. Yeah yeah, so hey, how is that for you? Like people people can't like yo, okay like what they can say?
Speaker 5: Yeah people yo, bro, no even snoop call. He was like, Bro, I'll pay your debt for you.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to have these problems. I approach, it's good. We're just playing. He's like, oh ship okay, cool, bro, make sure you're good man. I know how fifty get Bro.
Speaker 5: You got to see him every day to all ship and we're still filming the.
Speaker 3: Show about to get killed than we thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so it was it was it was crazy man, because again it's him just doing his thing.
Speaker 3: But you have to deal with that.
Speaker 5: I was like, yo, you're good, Like Jamie called me, like, Yo, you're good, bro, Like I can give you fifty from power fixed.
Speaker 6: So like the mind of fifty cent.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, let's talk about this for a minute, because I'm sure you've seen it, you've been around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: How strategic because we see him do these things a lot? Yeah, how strategic is he as a person? Because, like I said on the outside, it just looks like, oh, fifty just being fifty.
Speaker 6: He going off on this person, going off on that person.
Speaker 3: Everything everything I knew.
Speaker 5: I realized the man was a marketing unius bro when he sat us all down, he sat the cast down. And this is when we were filming season two, and he was like, yo, Empire, they on Fox, they got the big bag. We can't compete with them with their marketing and their promotion and advertisement.
Speaker 3: We're on starts. We cannot compete.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to start a beef with them that they have to mention us every time.
Speaker 3: They get interviewed.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to go straight for Taraji, I'm gonna go straight for Terrence. I'm going to go straight for everybody and make whoever's the interviewer ask about did you hear what fifty said about power being better and everything?
Speaker 3: So I saw how he attached himself to one.
Speaker 5: Hundred million dollar promotion and it put us like this the pit, like, oh, what's better?
Speaker 6: Power? Empire?
Speaker 5: And I saw him create that and like so it was like a Monday he said, I'm gonna go sit down with I forgot who he was, and it was went by Wednesday, it was hour and this to a point where Taraji's going crazy about fifth Terrence is going crazy, and it was just like wow, like, you guys don't understand that this man really just is playing with you strategically, and now we are now in competition with y'all and every time you do something you have to mention.
Speaker 6: That and your name is automatically automatically because.
Speaker 3: Your fifty cents show Power.
Speaker 5: He was saying that fifty cent said this about your show, not better, being and better.
Speaker 3: So everybody's like, what show is this to that?
Speaker 5: Because at the time Power wasn't people found out about Power for real, like maybe season like they didn't.
Speaker 3: Watch it when it was on. Did you watch it when it was first?
Speaker 6: I watched the first thought it was season two.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's that's when it really like so that's when he went to Miami. Yeah, that's two.
Speaker 6: Three was Miami yet that was mine.
Speaker 5: That was one of my first first episodes with Angela. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, So that's when it took off. So it became that because of now we tied to one hundred million dollars marketing.
Speaker 3: Plane gorilla marketing, real marketing.
Speaker 6: That you have.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 6: Will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,