Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Techy and no He.
Speaker 3: Arms He live from Studio C, a dimly lit room deeput them the bowels of.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Communications compound, which is surrounded by razor wire and barking dogs. Actually, I am happy. We got a security guard outside sitting there, and there's a little car with the splashing lights. Let you know, there's somebody with somebody carrying heat. Looks like he's carrying heat. I think that's a gun. Welcome, How you doing, Glad you're here? Oh, all right, today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. I'll go with Jimmy Kimmel, just because I think that's a danged interesting conversation. Jimmy Kimmel's show being taken off the air indefinitely. Nobody seems to know if that means. Usually in the world of broadcasting, indefinite is forever, almost always in my experience, but this one could be just temporarily hard to say. I found Jimmy Kimmel over the last many years to be an insufferably pompous. Well, I came across the word last night. Popped in my head. I thought that was the perfect word for him. I don't remember what it was, but pompous is close enough. Just just the whole our side is wonderful and everyone else is stupid. Just that whole. It's just so annoying. But I also don't want the government, you know, policing speech. So we'll get into both sides of that comment with as as the same with Colbert when he got taken off the air. Being left out. A lot is these people's ratings are really low compared to what these shows cost, really low, and they've gone down, down, down over the years, partially because they decided to say f you to half the country. If you say f you to half of the country, it's hard to have very high ratings. With all that said, I still don't want the government policing speech, so we'll handle all that. Yes, Michael, you already wanted to join in. I like that Michael year jumping at the bet.
Speaker 4: His contract is up in May, and I just wonder if you know the network just said here's an excuse.
Speaker 2: Or it's not going to do so that much. Du may of next year. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I mean there's a there's another deal going through and people don't want trouble whatever. But have you heard what he said regarding the Charlie Cook assassination. He said it on Monday night, took till Thursday for it to land in such a way that he got taken off the air, And definitely will play that for you and talk about all the ins and outs of all that sort of stuff. Got a lot of great guests lined up today on a bunch of different topics, everything from what do the interest rates going down a quarter point mean for you if anything at all? And doesn't mean a whole lot for you yet, just directionally it's good, but it doesn't mean a lot for you yet. And talk a little bit about Trump's trip to England. Did you see that meal that they had last night. That table was more than half a football field long. That's hard to even imagine sitting at table, eating dinner at a table more than half a football field long. The people down at the other end, you would hardly be able to see them, let alone have a conversation with them. Wouldn't even though they were there. You wouldn't even know they were there. No, no, no, no. You could meet them years from now and say, oh, we had dinner together, and you'd say we did. Eh, yeah, we were fifty yards away. Yeah, at that sixty yard long table. I was at the other end. You were at the other end. We had so I tell people we had dinner together. That is a giant table. Only in England, where they have castles, would even have room for a table that large. It was a little excessive. H Well, that's what they do. That's what the royal family does, is excessive. Because it was all about King Charles and the windsor castle, whatever the hell that is trumps special guests. You get to bring anybody you want to a state dinner. His special guests were the guy who runs video video, Sam Altman from open Ai that's the chat GPT guy, and then one other, Tim Cook from Apple. So he had really high level tech guy specifically around AI is his special guest. I don't know exactly what the message was there, which leads me to my headline. I don't understand of the day at least so far that I saw breaking news from the Wall Street Journal. Video said it would buy five billion dollars worth of Intel a sign of how AI is reshaping the tech industry. I have no idea what that means, buying five million dollars of your competitor Intel, But it's all about the super high speed AI chips, and this bed is either going to pan out or it's not. But a lot of people with a lot of money, who we are very very smart, certainly smarter than me, seem to think it's the wave of the future one way or to'ther. It's funny. I was talking to a person yesterday who said they air kid was into coding as a senior in high school and has specifically decided to learn to weld because of AI. The idea that AI is going to do all the coding in the future, but AI will never be able to weld. I wonder which is true. I think maybe someday robots will be able to weld. It'll be a while though, It'll be a long time before robots can successfully do a good job of welding. I wonder how many young people are going to be making those decisions in the very near future, going back to maybe more your traditional work with your hands sort of the jobs anyway, that's a separate topic. There is a horrifying attack on police in Pennsylvania, worst one they've had in the state of Pennsylvania in a one hundred years. What a bunch of police officers being shot. I think it's just a random, one off, horrible story. It has no greater significance for America, I think. But if any more details come out, we'll hit you with that. There is some new stuff around the Charlie Kirk assassination. Knowing a little more about the the shooter and the process for getting this guy convicted and hopefully the death penalty, and hopefully he gets shot himself. That's the result I'm looking for. Some of my favorite conservative commentators are pretty uncomfortable with Jimmy Kimmel being driven off the air, if that's what happened by the FCC. The FCC Commissioner has said some fairly strong things in the last forty eight hours about what Kimmel said and about people not getting to keep their network licenses FCC the FCC Commissioner about not being able to keep their network licenses, the broadcasting licenses if they aren't towing the line politically or whatever. And like I said, some of my favorite conservative commentators are pretty uncomfortable with that for one reason, Like Joe and I always talking about whatever you do, the next administration is going to do two, and I don't know that I want an FCC commissioner saying, you know, talk radio is completely out of hand. Yeah, and that would be unfortunate. Yes, and they get to say whatever the hell they want, which we do, and we don't think that's good for the country. So we're gonna start yanking people broadcast license or threaten the Yank broadcast license if you don't get people like Armstrong and giddy off there. For instance, Randy Weingarten, Lady, I've been running the teachers Union for a long time and all through COVID. She's a witch, she is the devil. I believe she's actually actually works for the devil. I think she actually hates children. Now, that's a pretty strong thing to say. A democratic administration, their FCC commissioner might say, you know, Jack Armstrong just said the most important leader teachers in our country is the devil. We can't have that. That's not good, that's devisive. And I don't want a democratic administration and be able to do that anymore than I want a Republican administration to be able to drive Jimmy Kimmel off there, even though he said a really awful stupid thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I have like a great argument for this, but something in me, this Charlie Kirk situation is so different.
Speaker 2: Right because it is possible. Well, let's start to show officially. We're going to play a little bit of Kimmel the Frock with the FCC watch out. Yeah, yeah, exactly got to start the show officially. The FCC gets on this. I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this. It is how did it get to be? Thursday, September eighteenth to year twenty twenty five Armstrong and Geedy and we approve of this program. Will begin the show at Hey, I'm doing it on time, mister chairman Mark.
Speaker 5: We hit some new lows over the weekend with the Magga Gang desperately trying to characterize this kid who murdered Charlie Kirk as anything other than one of them and do everything they can to score political points from it in between the fingerpots.
Speaker 2: That's good. There was play the rest later, but that that's the line that got people all been out of shape. That was a crazy thing to say. That's just a nut job thing to say. To go on the air Monday Jimmy Kimmel and say stating as fact in his mind that the shooter is a maga person. Well, I don't even know where did that come from, although I saw I heard David French of the New York Times talking about a Yugo poll that came out over the weekend. Seventy percent of Democrats believe that that killer scumbag is maga. So somehow that story got started online or the rumor spread will be Wow, what are you base on that? On?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was some I saw in an interview watching Megan Kelly. She played a clip of another woman who was like, well, his dad was.
Speaker 6: In law enforcement, he was into guns. He's a white boy, and so clearly he's on their team.
Speaker 2: And it's like, what are you talking about. You don't know any conservative families across the country who's young The boys or girls went off to college and their politics became completely different than their parents. So because the parents are Republicans, the kid obviously is, oh.
Speaker 6: His dad's in law enforcement, so clearly they're maga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so i'd that whole The fact that seventy percent of Democrats think the shooter was maga is weird. That's its own conversation. And then Jimmy Kimmel saying that it's just a weird, dumb thing to say. But okay, this was gonna be my point. I don't know if you remember. After nine to eleven, Bill Maher had a show on ABC at that time, very popular show called Politically Incorrect. You might be too young for this, No, I remember this. He had a show and he went on like days later after the buildings came down in New York City, he said, because George Bush or somebody had called the hijackers cowards, and he said, one thing you can't say is that they're cowards. They're obviously not cowards. They're obviously brave to fly planes into a building, which is sort of factually correct. But in that moment, days after the buildings came down, and the most show fucking thing, and it happened to America in seventy years, there was an outcry and ABC took his show off the air. That wasn't the FCC coming down or the government stifling free speech. That was just crossing a line for most Americans. Yeah, And I don't know if Jimmy Kimmel reached that level, but he is close is close to the because a whole bunch of various smaller groups that have ABC stations in the middle of the country that aren't you know, New York and LA centric the middle and you know, I was about to say middle of Ore. I'm from the middle of Nore and probably so, but middle of the nowhere stations where you got lots of people who would hate to see that sort of thing on their television. It's not crazy that they would decide, all right, that's it, We're not gonna air Jimmy Kimmel here in Provo, Utah. That's a bad choice. Shootings were in Utah, here in Omaha, Nebraska, or you know, place in Texas or whatever. It's not shocking that they would make that decision that Jimmy Kimmel crossed the line in the same way that Bill Maher crossed the line. Now, the FCC Commissioner has had said specific things that I find very very troubling in the last two days about policing speech that just I mean, I think fly directly in the face of the First Amendment. But Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert, like I said, made a decision to say you not just hey, we're gonna rib you. I hope you can take the jokes just to with contempt for half or more of the country. Well, and those weren't jokes, all right, those aren't jokes. But if you do that, it really narrows your support and makes it a lot more likely that you can get fired like this. So I don't feel sorry for him in that way. It's like the lady at the end of our show, bye bye, all right, But I don't want a NFCC commissioner under President Gavin Newsom deciding that talk radio is out of control and something needs to be done. And I don't see a whole lot of difference between that and policing. Jimmy Kimmel, if I'm wrong, text me for what what I forgot?
Speaker 4: The text line we have one five KFTC.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you know it X line she said, four one k FTC. Joe and I have been uh nearly run out of this job a couple of different times in the history of the show, like really close, and so I'm fairly sensitive the idea of losing your job over like going too far with a joke or a comment. But we'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Regarding the whole Jimmy Kimmel being booted off the air, I really.
Speaker 4: I really want for them to replace Jimmy Kimmel Live with old episodes of The Man Show, just so his audience can see where he originated.
Speaker 2: Right right when it was him and all.
Speaker 4: And chicks jumping on trampolines, right, yeah, right while.
Speaker 2: They drank beer. Yeah, let's find out what all the headlines are with Katie all right.
Speaker 4: Starting with Fox News, sheriff says Charlie Kirk, assassin negotiated a gentle surrender and was afraid of being shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that, and I think that was handled well. I'm kind of surprised that you do that because the guy that the shooter had shown himself to be incredibly violent, but they allowed him to, like calmly be brought into the sheriff's office.
Speaker 4: And because it's everywhere from NBC Disney's, ABC pulls Jimmy Kimmel Live after FCC share criticizes the host's Charlie Kirk comments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will get into that quite a bit later. And Jack, I know you're a fan of these guys.
Speaker 4: From the Free Beacon embarrassment for MSNBC and CNN as upstart, News Nation wins out on primetime ratings.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I watch News Nation every single day. They're pretty good. They are pretty good. They're not I haven't found a bias with them, So I like that.
Speaker 4: From ABC, the IDF is expanding it's Gaza City Operation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we might talk to one of our military analysts about that later. How that's going to unfold, what that will look like.
Speaker 4: From The Washington Examiner, Christy Nomes houts one hundred and fifty thousand new ICE applications after recruitment push.
Speaker 2: Oh wow cool. Yeah. From the Washington Post, Fed cuts.
Speaker 4: Interest rates by a quarter point and signals more could be coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, like I said, it's headed in the right direction, but it's not going to have much of an effect on your car Loan credit card or buying a house yet.
Speaker 4: From the Verge, Business Insider reportedly gives journalists the green light to write stories with AI and doesn't tell.
Speaker 2: Its readers that's inevitable. Well, and one of the.
Speaker 4: Things they're using is chat GPT, which we've talked about being incorrect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many a time making stuff up. Of course journalists are incorrect a lot.
Speaker 4: So yeah, good point, New York Post Wild chimpanzees consume two cocktails worth of alcohol a day by feasting on boozy fruit. Really, this is in Uganda, and these chimps are finding fermented fruit and they're just getting wasted.
Speaker 2: And if they've always done that, is that like, because that would be interesting to know if there's a beast out there that we share ninety nine percent of the genetic material that just likes getting hammered every day. Yeah, I get it. Wow, sometimes you just want to check out from study fines.
Speaker 6: Fatty foods can scramble your memory.
Speaker 2: Just days later. Oh that's my problem. Mm hmm, that's why you forgot the text line.
Speaker 4: Also, just a side note, it's National Cheeseburger Day, so I'll let everybody know. And finally from the Babylon Bee, Trump deports Phillies Karen to L Salvador prison.
Speaker 2: Good. Do you know who Greg Lukianoff is. We quote him all the time, We've had him on the show multiple times over the years. He has been writing a lot about the political climate, where it's headed, what we might be able to do about it. We're going to talk to him coming up next. This will be good conversation, guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Stick around Armstrong and getty Man.
Speaker 2: Did we get lucky with the timing of this our next guest we could talk to or I could talk to for the next three hours easily, because he's one of the leading thinkers and a couple of the hottest topics going right now. So Greg lukian Off New York Times best selling author The President of Fire, which is a foundation for individual rights and expression, all about free speech. That's with Jimmy Kimmel loosing's job. Does that fit into that whole topic? Is the author of Unlearning Liberty, Campus censorship, and the end of American debate, canceling of the American mind, Canceled culture, all about cancel culture, which is hot right now, of course, and then part of this free press series on repairing America after the murder of Charlie Kirk and this particular piece that I've gotten front of me from Greg Lukianoff Berry. The whole words are violence cliche, which I would agree with anyway. Welcome back, to the Armstrong and Getty Show, Greg lukian Off. Greg, thanks for joining us today.
Speaker 1: Great to be back.
Speaker 2: Man, you obviously are the man of the moment for a whole bunch of these topics. Let's start with what you just wrote the Barry The words are violence, cliche around the whole, Charlie Kirk thing, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I've been defending free speech at Fire for twenty four years now, and I'd say when I first started my job, the sort of activist argument that words can be just like bullets was something that people kind of rolled their eyes at because it was obviously a sort of self serving rhetorical right. But I'd say, like ten years ago, or maybe even as long as fifteen years ago, this really started to become a common argument that I would hear on campus. And then you started having people who should have known better actually saying, well, words can cause stress, so therefore that is a lot like violence. And you know, me and John Hight, who I wrote probably in the American mind with we wrote a piece in the Atlantic saying, no, this is crazy words. We have a societal agreement essentially, and you're supposed to have it in a democratic society, that there's a bright line distinction between physical violence and expression of opinion. And I've been screaming to high Heaven to saying like, no, this is an incredibly foolish idea. It's not progressive. It gets you back to the thirteenth century A d or BC. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, just as a side on that, I remember at one point when The New York Times a couple of years ago actually said intent doesn't matter. So not only had words become violence, but sometimes the way they took your words, even if you didn't intend it that way. So man, you're really into pre enlightenment then, but go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no exactly. And the thing is, of course, this kind of you know, foolish self serving rhetoric actually turns into a situation that justifies violence for speech. And this is oftimes coming from people who think that they're anti totalitarian. It's like, there's nothing more totalitarian than saying that I get tourst onto your words with violence or, in the case the horrifying case last week, murder.
Speaker 2: Right, So you want to do away with that because you think it's leading to violence, the saying words or violence because that can justify this particular maniac job as feeling like he's meeting violence with violence.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but also I think it's bad for people's mental health to have this kind of like catastrophizing way of thinking about that. And here's the most horrifying thing. We just released a massive study for our campus free speech ranking. About one third of the students we surveyed in about out of like seventy thousand said that at least in rare cases, violence can be acceptable in response to speech. Some schools that answer with over fifty percent of them, we have done something terribly wrong. If educated people are being educated in almost half of them think that violence and response to words. And the funny thing is, oftentimes it's not that they think it's just acceptable. They think in some cases it's noble to respond to speakers with usually the lighter forms of violence like shoutdowns or blocking people's access. But here we see it, and it's most chilling and horrifying.
Speaker 2: All right, Since you make this list every year of where what campuses have the least free speech, there's this contest going on right now. You know who's worse, which side is worse, which side commits more violence, which side does more cancel culture, that sort of thing. But when it comes to college campuses, it's pretty one sided, isn't it. That liberals can say whatever they want and conservatives can't.
Speaker 1: It's a little more complicated than that, but you know, the fire has been a second to no one and taking on sort of like what might be called woke censorship. But generally the rule is if the censorship comes from on campus, it comes from the left. If a censorship, because it does not that many conservatives on campus in the first place, but if it comes from off campus, it tends to come from the right. And what we're seeing right now is a big surge of cancelations of censorship actually being pressured from the right as well.
Speaker 2: So would the hope be that because I think you're right, I think this puts us in a bad headspace. If we buy into the idea that words are violence. You've been taught that you should react as if somebody's threatening to punch you or shoot you when you hear something you don't like, and that gets everybody's emotions running really, really high. And then if we could get away with that, maybe we wouldn't have things like Riley Gaines having to fight her way out of Berkeley, or Charlie Kirk being.
Speaker 1: Shot at exactly, it's a foolish idea. I think people, you know, people who are actually thinking people know that it's just kind of a rhetorical first, But I believe some of these younger people really do feel like they're in a simplistic battle of good versus evil, and evil must be stopped. And by the way, that's an anti intellectual way of thinking about that's not an intellectual way of thinking about the world.
Speaker 2: No doubt. Before I move on to the Jimmy Kimmel thing and how it fits into everything, how optimistic are you for us, like really learning a lesson from this horrible assassination and turning some sort of corner.
Speaker 1: I would like to say I'm optimistic, but I think that we're probably in the beginning of a intensifying sort of free speech crisis, and it's happening not just in the US, it's happening globally right So unfortunately, business is booming in free speech Land. So I'm not going to get a lot of sleep, nor will the good people at fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on in England is just horrifying.
Speaker 1: Horrifying, and my mom is British, so it's very personal to me and they will continue to I did a piece on my sub sect, the eternally radical idea, where just pointing out the sheer number of people that they're arresting. It has no parallel. I don't think it has any parallel in British history. It certainly doesn't have a parallel in American history in terms of the scale.
Speaker 2: So you've written a lot about cancel culture over the years, and we've got an example in the last twenty four hours and since Charlie Kirk's death. So you've got people being canceled from their jobs for saying sometimes really awful, awful things. But should they lose their jobs over it? Should the government be getting involved in put pressure on broadcast licenses to get rid of someone like Jimmy Kimmel because they don't like what they say. Where are you on this whole thing?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So you know, it really is the case by case thing and canceling of the American mind. You know, we give a definition of cancel culture, which is the uptick of campaigns to get people fired or otherwise punished, starting around twenty fourteen for speech that would be protected for say a public employee. So we choose a lot of like nuanced and common sense to it. But to be clear, some of the people who are getting punished, you know, we're saying things relatively tame things that we're seeing, at least some of the stuff we're seeing on campus. It's not all that guy had it coming. It's a little bit like I really disagree with that guy on a lot of things, which is, of course, you know, completely within bounds. But the Jimmy Kimmel stuff, I mean, like, yeah, he Jimmy Kimmel was kind of a typical kind of Hollywood guy, Like he just he was desperate that this guy be right wing. And I saw this like in the media as well. It's kind of embarrassed for a lot of mainstream to be kind of like, well, look, his parents are Republicans. Must be like in what universe, right, the case that your parents are bubbled.
Speaker 2: Because no conservative family sends their kids off to college and they come back, you know, with completely different politics.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just thinking about family ties. Say, comey watched as a kid, like, right, yes, that's what That's more the way it goes it's a technical termce skinsmogenesis, but the so so, you know, it's kind of typical that he was kind of implying that this guy's got to be maga in some of his UH in his comedy routine on Monday. But then you know, the campaign and it was really clearly a campaign to get Jimmy fired. Taking this opportunity really got going, you know, with Brendan Carr being really clear about it. And and another thing that's really important to point out is that, you know, months ago they were saying Jimmy Kimmel's next, you know, so this was this was a you know, I think, a target about opportunity to get this guy fired. And I've never been to be clear, I've never seen something quite like this. And people will always do what about ism, like what about what about like Rose Ambar or some of these other cases. It's like, I just haven't seen this level of pressure on mainstream networks to silence to silence a comedian.
Speaker 2: Right well, because of my politics, I'm highly annoyed by the UH treating anybody to the right side of the aisle as a moron the way Colbert and Kimmel did. But The problem with the government putting pressure on networks to get rid of them, or broadcast licenses or whatever is there's gonna be a democratic president someday, and I don't want President Gavin Newsom telling his FCC hey, right wing talk radio is out of control and we need to do something about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is interesting, but the way the Trump administration has been running things, it seems like they don't care about the fact that someone else could have used this power in the future, with kind of like an idea that they're always going to be the ones who are making these calls, which I think is foolish. But it's also, by the way, rightfully banned it in a lot of these cases by the First Amendment. And fire's job in this situation like this is the call balls and strikes, and I will get people sometimes saying, oh, the political situation is so intense right now you have to pick a side that your quite little First Amendment thing that you know doesn't really apply it in this kind of battle. And I'm always like, no, right now, the rules of the road matter more than ever, and it's our job to defend them.
Speaker 2: Specifically, Charlie Kirk, while he was out there doing his thing, going to college campuses. Did you think that was a productive thing for free speech in America?
Speaker 1: I did. Actually, you know, my disagreement with Charlie Kirk is mostly due to their scholar their scholar database, the scholar Watch, which I was not a big fan of, because it resulted in a lot of people, a lot of tends to get people fired, a lot of you know, a lot of cancer culture. We made a big distinction between just calling out professors, which you totally can do, but you know when you put like this is their supervisor and like all this kind of stuff to try to get them fired, I got an issue with that. However, you know, Charlie's murder has led me to, you know, go back and look at some of his discussions with students, and I think this is having this effect all over the country. By the way, yeah, definitely, So political violence tends to backfire, and I'm like, wow, Like he dealt with some frustrating questions and he dealt with them usually like that was the one that I saw with pretty civilly. So I've left with an impression that it was a productive dialogue.
Speaker 2: Right. I don't know if you've seen the it's on YouTube. Charlie Kirk with Bill Maher. They had like a two hour conversation in Bill Maher's basement a couple of months ago, pretty recently, and it was it was as between two guys that agree on nothing is you could possibly imagine and if we can't do that, we're doomed. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm actually speaking at Sun Valley at Sun Valley, at Utah Valley on October thirtieth, and what's crazy. I'm just gonna admit it. You know, am I a little spooked? You know? Of course I am. But you can't ever let the you know, assassin veto win. You have to actually show up. You have to you know, pick up the mantle. You have to actually you know, have that discussion. And I'm hoping to go there with a message of you know, essentially free speech belongs to us all or belongs to nobody, because I think the younger people are being taught that freedom of speech is the weapon of the bully, the big and the robber baron. And as I say all the time, that is just that history. You are being miseducated on this topic. So hopefully I can I'm going to try and Fire is always trying to contribute to a deeper, more philosophical understanding of the frankly beautiful role of free speech in human history.
Speaker 2: Well, we talk about your books all the time. The Coddling of the American Mind is my partner. Joe's one of his favorite books of all time. We mentioned stuff that you write all the time. What particularly would you like us to point people to right now before I let you go?
Speaker 1: Sure? I mean, you know, the most important thing is that Fire is currently overwhelmed, so we could really use support from people, and we need the people who care about free speech for their own side, but also for everyone else. We need those principal people are out there to come and help because right now, to use a pun, it's a free speech just kind of have a house on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg Lukiana, thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take care.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 2: He is really good and he's absolutely right. Like I can't stand Jimmy Kimmel. I mean, he makes my skin crawl. He's so smug. That's the word I was looking for. He is so freaking smug. But if the FCC can pressure him off the air, he can pressure Joe and I off. They can pressure joean eye off the air and a different administration absolutely, so that bothers me. I want to tell you about trust and Will real quick. This is just a really really good idea. If you don't have a trust and will or trust or will, you could end up in a situation if you were to pass on where there's expensive legal battles for your family to figure out who gets what. The state could jump in and make all kinds of decisions that would horrify you, avoid all that. It starts at one hundred and ninety nine dollars to start setting up a trust trust based plan start at four ninety nine, and you could manage this trust and Will online easy to use website. They're all states specific based on the laws where you live. Bank level encryption, live customer support through chat, phone or email, so it's easy secure your assets, protect your loved ones with Trust and Will. Get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by visiting Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong. That's Trust Andwill dot com slash armstrong. I know a lot of you are going to be angry and feel like I'm standing up for Jimmy Kimmel because I'm not just really rolling around in glee that he got fired. But uh, once you allow that weapon of canceling people from the FCC to be wielded against your enemies, it's going to come back. I just know it is. We've got a lot more time to talk about this and other stuff. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 7: Former MNA fighter Conor McGregor announced this week vide has withdrawn from the Irish presidential race after quote careful reflection, or as it's known in Ireland, sobering up.
Speaker 2: They now, okay, we're getting a number of texts from people saying the FCC had nothing to do with Jimmy Kimmel being fired. These various groups of stations decided they want to drop him. Okay, we'll play some quotes from the FCC commissioner. I'll read you some things that he said in recent days. He was absolutely pressuring people on their broadcast license. And I can tell you trust me, I'm in business. We have the radio stations have the same deal with broadcast licenses TV do as TV does. Owners get really nervous, really fast if there's even a whiff of trouble with their license, they just do. It's been that way my whole career. Just the most subtle hint of your on the wrong side of things makes people a pucker, if you'll pardon the expression. So we'll get into that next hour. The FCC did have something to do with this. I didn't mention this letter the other day. So I've been talking about prunes a lot. I will not explain exactly why. You could probably guess. Oh, I wonder why. It's just a treat I enjoy. Yeah, just a nice little snack, the humble prune. Some of you like oranges, some of you like a candy bar. I enjoy it. Prune now and then, or at least I have for the last week or so. I had never had a prune in my life until my doctor recommended it for a perticigator situation. We don't need to get into hydration anyway. So the orders from the doctor was start with run one prune to day, and then if that doesn't work, go to two prunes. And I've found the sweet spot seems to be between four and five prunes today, maybe more than you wanted to do. Whatever works for you, Jack. Anyway, because we talked about prune so much, to California prune association or network or company or whatever they are had heard this and sent us a gift box the other day with all kinds of different kind of prune related treats and a prune hat and that my son is going to wear to school and it's good. But anyway, I didn't read from the letter. Dear Jack. I'm an avid listener and caught your recent segments about prunes and couldn't be happier to share our passion for this dried fruit. Now that you know what prunes are, we thought we'd level up your prune game. Yeah. I didn't know what a prune was. I'd heard about it my whole life. When I was a kid. They would always joke about him on sitcoms. Old people would joke about prunes. So I knew it had something to do with your you know, regulating your system, But I didn't really know what they were. I can't believe he didn't know what a prune was. Good grief. I'm that kind of person.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I know what they are. Now. They're a part of my life. They're best friends. Me and prudes are best friends. That's funny that the Prune people sent me so much swag I have more prude swag than the who knew the Prune people even had hats. I wouldn't be mad at a prune hat. No, no, it's pretty awesome. Okay, we got a lot more news to get to, things that are going on in the world. Trump's in Great Britain, Jimmy Kimble got fired, this and that. If you miss a segment an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Geddy on demand and uh, we'll get to all this other stuff coming up. Some great guests too, and a whole bunch of different topics, so please stay here, Armstrong and Getty