Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya Red and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in. Nah, it's it's just we're on a break this week. So this is a pre recorded episode, but we just wanted to give you something to say.
Speaker 1: Happy fourth of July. Happy fourth of July. When I was a kid, this was my favorite holiday.
Speaker 2: Tell me more.
Speaker 1: It was like summertime, so the weather was always nice. I was always in a pool. I was always eating those popsicles, those like little rocket chips. You're like blue and white and red. What were those called rocket pops? Rocket pops? Yeah, I always had a rocket pop in hand or a shaved ice on deck with a hot dog. And I don't know, I just have like very fond memories of like watching the fireworks my family.
Speaker 2: M just celebrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that it was my favorite holiday, but I've always enjoyed Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm I like, I like the month of July. Like I think also because my birthdays in July, I feel like connected to the month, and my d date was actually the fourth of July.
Speaker 2: You were delayed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like two weeks late that I was like fully developed and I was like shitting in my mom's uterus. Yeah, they had to like pump my lungs after my mom gave birth because I was like swallowing my own stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a lot of information for this little episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I always, I don't know, I feel like connected to the fourth of July. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also like I think, like obviously there's a lot going on in our country, and it's there, there's there there times where it's like, okay, I need if I'm repping the American flag, I'm doing it in a way. It's freedom for all basically. But I love a hot dog, I love a soty. I still like feel like we are like the greatest country. And I feel like watching like the World Cup and people coming from different countries and experiencing like American culture, and it felt like this unity that we've been needing and getting to see people like share each other's cultures was such a uplifting moment. And people, you know, are like amazed by the things that we have here, and it made me feel like Okay, like I it is like such a privilege to live here, you know. Yeah, and I I was watching video my dad made me like a disc of home videos and it was on a CD or DVD, and so I didn't have any way to watch it for you. He made this years ago for me, and so I got it put on a little USB thing, and so I was watching it the other day and it was like videos of us on the slip in slide out the side of the yard. And my dad was a football high school football coach, and so my brother and I would go out and like run routes while he threw the football to us. And I just think of those summers of being in our neighbor's pool and also rocket pops and hot dogs and.
Speaker 1: Care free yeah summer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Actually, so I was thinking about, well, first of all, it's been celebrated your one year engagement anniversary. Oh yes, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Whole year, that's crazy, I know.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about where I was last fourth of July. We were actually on our honeymoon. Oh yeah, yeah, so we weren't even in the us of a.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing this year? Is Robbie grilling, barbecue brawling?
Speaker 1: I don't know, we honestly have no plans, So, like I think, I think after our winter break debacle and like losing lots of money on our travels because of my situation, I think we've been a little hesitant to book any travels. So we're kind of in this not booking anything until the last minute. So I have no idea what we're doing on the fourth of July. Exciting, Yeah, we could be here, we could be grilling, we could be heading to Palm Springs, like, I have no idea. Well, yeah, the world is our oyster.
Speaker 2: What about y'all. Euston, We don't have.
Speaker 3: Any plans either, And we're going to go up to Idlewild. We like to go up there a lot. We will be up there this week and I don't know if we'll be there on the fourth of July. Maybe we will. Maybe we'll do some sparklers, eat some hot dogs. I appreciate this great country we live in. I've done more world travel in the last month than I have any other time in my life. And something I thought was kind of cool was like, like I went to like Argentina and I was in London and I was talking to people and when they found out it was from America. They were just like, oh my god, like all the great movies are from there. You have all those like incredible people that make this art that and it made me feel very proud to be I'm always proud to be American, but we are so lucky to live to live here in the United States and happy to fifty America.
Speaker 2: Yeahy fifty.
Speaker 1: You know what I was actually thinking about on last fourth of July, it was like the tail end. We were just finishing our honeymoon and there was like this beach right so like it was the beach the hotel was just had it's like its own beach and it was quite large. And I remember looking at Robbie being like, I want to swim from the bottom to the top of this beach and he's like, are you crazy, And I'm like, no, I think we could do it. It would be so fun. Drank a pina colada and we did it, and it took a half an hour, thirty five minutes, but we swam the whole length of the beach. And that was my Fourth of July last year, so active. Yeah, you know me, Well, because I'm a cancer crab, we like to one with the water.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, right, yeah, Okay, they're doing a nine hundred pound time capsule. It's being buried in Philadelphia on July fourth, and it won't be opened until July fourth. How do you even say this? Twenty two to seventy six, Yeah, twenty two seventy six.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and twenty two, twenty two hundred and seventy six, No, nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty two seventy six, A long time from now, essentially, and it will include a diamond from Arkansas, a North Atlantic right whale bone for Maine, stainless steel coin containing the full text of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution from arizonaundreds of letters, postcards, poems, posters, and other paper documents. The time capsule reminded me that my senior year, when we did our senior prank, we buried a time capsule, and I don't know if we ever were able to find it and dig it up.
Speaker 1: You know what. I buried a time capsule in my parents backyard too.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, i' whatmore?
Speaker 1: I don't yeah, I thought my parents are going to live there forever. Now dig it up? Who's living in there?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: Digging up my.
Speaker 2: Just I used to do time capsules everywhere. I had a few and different spots. Really, it's like a big I was big into that.
Speaker 1: I buried some crystals in my Brentwood apartment too. On the side of that that old bar that's recent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a recent time.
Speaker 1: Yeah we should go dig them up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you could put one thing in a time capsule right now, what would you bury that you could dig up in twenty.
Speaker 1: Years My wedding dress, my gosh.
Speaker 2: Some big time cup, so big burial.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got some sheet metal I need to get rid.
Speaker 2: Of, and some extra tiles from the.
Speaker 3: Dumpster, you know. The time capsule, I don't know. I'd probably put see it sucks because it's something important. I don't want to put something important down there.
Speaker 1: It should be something important, like I think about.
Speaker 3: The People's Choice Award, but like I want that to be buried with me, the eternal time capsule, you know, but or like an.
Speaker 1: Old laptop, like my laptop before my new laptop, Like what's on there?
Speaker 2: You love a big item, You're really trying to dig a hole, big hole. Maybe I'm might do like an one of my old iPhones. Yeah, okay, that's good, Yeah that I still have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would do that probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd probably put like a I have like an eminem to Spenser on my desk, probably put that guy in there.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: There was a time capsule that they period a Nickelodeon's studios in like nineteen ninety four, and I've been waiting for the day they're going to open it, but it's not. Twenty forty two is when that wing's getting up, And so.
Speaker 2: How did they deter? Like, why is this one twenty two seventy six, because that's is that two hundred and fifty years from now?
Speaker 3: I think that is tw hundred and fifty years from now?
Speaker 1: Don't ask me, No, I wasn't going Speaking of wedding dresses, yeah, should we go looking for yearsol feels like time, but been a year engaged time to when.
Speaker 2: You picked yours. You didn't know where you were getting married yet, right, but you had an idea, Right, you knew you wanted a beach.
Speaker 1: I know, No, I didn't know I wanted beach. I just knew I wanted warm. I wanted warm. I don't want rain on my wedding day.
Speaker 2: I just am trying to figure out what the vibe is, because where's the thing.
Speaker 1: I understand. But I think you're just gonna try on every single dress and then the one that's it, that's just going to be it, and it's just going to work wherever you get married, you know what I mean. And I just saw on the beach my.
Speaker 2: Verital guide me. What, Like, I'm just scared that if I find a dress that I love but it's not the vibe of something that I pictured, it's gonna steer me in a different direction, you know what I'm saying. Oh, I mean like we could go just try on for fun and see, like what shape I like? Yeah, because I don't know, but I don't see myself in like a big wedding ball gown, you know, Like that's not what I envisioned for me.
Speaker 1: What do you envision.
Speaker 2: I don't know, something where my waist is snatched.
Speaker 1: Well mine was snatched and I still had like a ball gown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yours was like very I would say, yours was still like very chic like and secy. Oh really, no, like in a good way?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I felt like it was like a proper wedding dress, but I still felt like it snatched me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was perfect. I loved your dress. I was obsessed with your dress. Yeah, and I feel like it hadn't work in any setting.
Speaker 1: Remember we tried it on and it was like, this is the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to look no further. Yeah we found it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Every other dress I tried on before was like.
Speaker 3: Boo, I know, so you put one on you knew immediately, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: I cried.
Speaker 2: It looked so good in this Sam It was a sample and it fit her like a glovely so they didn't even have to really like do anything to it.
Speaker 1: The length and like, yeah, it didn't require much tailoring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to remember your experience because it was like a very much like this.
Speaker 1: But what's so funny is like all the dresses I tried on before I literally looked like it's so bad. Like it was like just really obvious that this dress was like made for me. I don't know how to explain it, Like I feel like every other dress, Like I was looking back at photos of some of the ones I tried on, and I was like I looked like a little kid, like dressing up in like wedding dresses, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, that's all I feel like I'm gonna feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, but they do. They all feel like that until you find the one and you're like, oh my gosh, this is this is it? Yeah, they all look like, oh my gosh, I should I should start some throwbacks because I looked ridiculous in some of these dresses.
Speaker 2: I don't remember you looking ridiculous in any of the ones that I was there for.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, girl.
Speaker 2: But maybe I should start looking into into trying them on, just so I can get an idea, because it could be along, it could be a long journey, it could be a battle.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think you're gonna have it in you. I think I did. I did. I did four places, and by that fourth place, I was like, I'm finding it here.
Speaker 2: We're different in that way, though.
Speaker 1: Oh you will search. I know you will search leaps and bounds to find the dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I'm worried. I'm gonna try something in love it and be like, but could there be something better?
Speaker 1: Oh No, I don't know. Maybe or a better syndrome. I don't have that.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, I guess like grass is greener syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really have it with anything, but id it has seen me having it with an outfit joint.
Speaker 1: I know. I have a friend that went to one hundred bridle like dress shops to find her dress. I'm like, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't rather be doing that.
Speaker 1: I would rather do anything one hundred times than that.
Speaker 2: I think I'd max out at five places. I'd be like, surely if I've something, it's me. It's a me problem if I haven't found one yet.
Speaker 1: But I think hitting the boutiques is better than the designers, like the like the the ones that have.
Speaker 2: All different brands.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because then you can narrow it down. Yes, so yeah we can. I mean once Haley decompresses, we can.
Speaker 1: Jumping to go together.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying about like wedding planning in general. Oh, really getting down to the nitty gritty.
Speaker 1: I love that you and for me, well.
Speaker 2: Everyone, I hope you have a wonderful Fourth of July. Happy birthday America to Bird girl, you are doing it. You are doing it girl, to.
Speaker 1: Look at they were twenty one and be safe.
Speaker 2: Have a hot dog or hamburger or something vegetarian if that's what you choose, and have a rocket.
Speaker 1: Pop yeah, rocket dog.
Speaker 2: A rocket pop with a rocket dog. Yeah. We love you so much.
Speaker 1: We love you. Bye bye