Speaker 1: But I always liked calling you shoon because I feel about nicknames when I love someone that, oh I'm on the inside, I have the inside scoop. If you love him and you and you're in, if you're in the cool kids group, you get to call him shoon.
Speaker 2: Right, But you created your own nickname, and all of a sudden I became Chocolate Bear, Chaco.
Speaker 1: Sea Bear, Sea Bear. Does anyone else from Bear? Does anyone else from Scrubs ever call you shoon? Did anyone else ye?
Speaker 2: Bill? Does?
Speaker 1: Bill Lawrence calls you shoon?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't picture Sarah ever saying shoon?
Speaker 2: No, but Bill, Bill, to this day still does well. You know, you and Bill probably have spent more time in my family than anyone else in the cast, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I remember when you and your brother set up a little sound studio in your house once and you called it audio sh What did you call it? Audio shoes?
Speaker 2: Audio shoon, audio shoon?
Speaker 1: I bet you wish you had that audio booth right now.
Speaker 2: I do wish I had that audi I do. That would be awesome, That would be awesome audio shoon. Anyway, we should get into the did you.
Speaker 1: Count us in?
Speaker 3: Donald that you did.
Speaker 4: Here's some stories I'm not sure we made about a bunch of tops and nurses, said, here's a story next, so Yanda, here yare.
Speaker 1: You know? We're getting a lot of love on our theme song and it may oh before we forget. Would you mind just laying down them because we never got it and I think the song at the very end should have you doing that.
Speaker 2: So well, we got to get the key and all of that stuff, and there's to a.
Speaker 1: Temporary one and Dan will lay it on for us.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, all right, it's gonna be out of key, it might be out of keep, but Dan, we like that better.
Speaker 1: No, So Dan, now I want you to but I want you to do in the editing replay the theme song now with the addition of Donald's.
Speaker 3: Here's some stories.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure we made about a bunch of docs and nurses.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: I said, here's the stories.
Speaker 3: So yea.
Speaker 1: Donald. This is a very special episode of Scrubs because it has so much in it, and it has your favorite thing in the world, which is go ahead star Wars.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I got so excited about two things. One when I realized it was the Aspen episode, so much I jumped for joy.
Speaker 1: So much in this episode.
Speaker 2: The ass box, right, the ass box, the things that people have actually stuck up their butt. You know you might think that those were fake, Well, some of them were fake. But the problem with the light bulb when you stick it up butt is you'll never get it out without breaking the light bulb.
Speaker 1: No, that's a different episode, by the way, when when the light bulb is up someone's ass and Johnny C says, either this guy has a light bulb of his ass or his colon has a great idea. I thought that was this episode, but it's actually a different episode.
Speaker 2: We went back to that room. That jump could be used again.
Speaker 1: But I want you the audience to know that this is a real thing. We learned when we were making this that hospitals have collections of things they've pulled out of people who stick stuff in their assholes.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, as box is a real thing. An ass box is a real thing. Unfortunately, at Sacred Heart there's no Lost and Found, but there's an ass box.
Speaker 1: There's something funny about the word ass when you attach it to anything, you laugh. I laughed every time someone said ass box. I laughed when I think it was Judy said, ass pen right.
Speaker 2: Not only that, I laughed when people call other people ass face.
Speaker 1: I think I laugh every time someone says asshead or ass face, asshole.
Speaker 2: Those are funny words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ass next to anything. I'm wearing these big rain boots today, Donald, I want to show you.
Speaker 2: Let me see what are you doing? Are you gardening?
Speaker 1: Well it's it's pissing rain in Los Angeles. And you are British now, well, yeah, and the British is wearing off on me. I said, say, the British is contagious because I'm wearing like my big gardening boots.
Speaker 2: And we have a like in a Peter Rabbit movie.
Speaker 1: We have a puppy. So I have to be out in the rain trying to potty train a puppy and these are my puppy training rain boots.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into this episode.
Speaker 1: Now, wait before we do. When I was on the phone with you and Casey, and I'm sorry to the audience. I know I told you that I was going to refrain from talking to Donald because I wanted to save all our contact for the podcast. But Casey was chiming in on the speakerphone on your cell phone and she said that you are not even letting the children walk around the block. Donald, I think you got to air those kids out.
Speaker 2: You know, we go on walks every now and then, like yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Like once a week, that's not enough, I think, really, I mean, I'm not a parent, and I understand why you would be terrified. But I know, bro, I think if you're nowhere near anyone, you can have the kids go around the block. I think that's you're allowed to do that. You gotta air them out right.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it's been raining, so I haven't been able to do that. I hear that message loud and clear.
Speaker 1: Listen, I am.
Speaker 2: Kid have Cavin fever for sure.
Speaker 1: I am in no position to give parenting advice, but I am. I am the godfather of these children, and as godfather, I would like them to walk around the block once a fucking week.
Speaker 2: Wow. Okay, okay, yes, write that down there. Notes Listen, they're my kids.
Speaker 1: I love the Casey was in the background like he.
Speaker 2: Won't even let him walk around the block, all.
Speaker 1: Right, should we get in the episode.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to do that for like, you know, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, there is a we do have a catch up phase. Donald Section one is Zach and Donald catch up and you're rushing just because you're so excited about Star Wars.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about Star Wars. I'm excited about the Aspen. I'm excited about the title of the show, My two Dads. I love that Craig Zisc directed this episode.
Speaker 1: Craig Zisc is a very fine, fine TV director and this was his first episode for us and also written by a writing team Garrick Dallman and Neil Goldman, two of our favorite writers. Some writers work in the writer's room as an individual, and some writers are writing teams, and this is the first. I think this is the only am I correct Donald, this was the only writing team for season one?
Speaker 2: I believe so. But also not just that. They went on to do other things. They came from Family Guy, then they started, Then they did Scrubs, they went onto Community.
Speaker 1: Yes, they ran your Community and then.
Speaker 2: Went on to do other projects after that. Like these guys started, these guys start, I would I would love to say humble beginnings, but wow, they started with Guy and then went right into Scrubs and then after that Community. That's a string of hits to work on ID.
Speaker 1: They were very funny, and they are very funny, and they were very different. I always thought it was interesting that they were partners because they were the two of them were just such different people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wrote such funny scripts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were the perfect partnership. This episode is jam packed and has more fantasies than a lot of episodes.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Speaking of that, I used to get and I don't think I ever told you this, but I used to get jealous. And it all comes to a head at the end of this episode. But you used to do some of the coolest fantasies. Yeah, throughout the show, you know what I mean. And this was the first time where a fantasy came up. And I ran up on Bill and I was like, Bill, you gotta put me in this fucking fantasy. Man, you gotta put me in this fantasy at Star Wars, dude, and I don't know if you know this, but I love Star Wars. He's like, well, who would you be? And I was like, just make me Han solo, Just make me Han solo. And I'm there and it happens, and he was like, all right, yeah, fine, not only did it, No, it was just you and uh, it was just j d Cox and kelso.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure that. And then Bill was probably like, oh, we got to add the others if we're gonna add Yeah.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 2: If we add Donald, we got to add everybody else, which created a great joke, you know what I mean for those of Chewy and then fucking the Janet Her.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know this, and I'm guessing you're getting a sense. Donald Faison is the biggest Star Wars fan that I have ever met in my life. And no, you're by far the most. And Donald, you voice a character on What Tell Everyone.
Speaker 2: On Star Wars Resistance Hype Phase on the character was named after me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dave Filoni named the character after me. That's a big deal for Donald, uh for you all.
Speaker 1: But Donald Hobby uh is stop motion animation and with legos he has made several uh Star Wars animated lego films that you can check out on YouTube and they're called Black Storm.
Speaker 2: Right. So I realized how my stop motion, how I got into stop motion, and it was because of Star Wars. I always thought that it was the ad Ads and the Empire strikes back when they're attacking the rebel base on the Planet Hawth. But it turns out there was a video that came out around the same time Return of the Jedi came out called Star Wars from Star Wars to Jedi, and it was like the behind the scenes and all the special effects that went into making Star Wars, and like the documentary is about an hour and a half, thirty minutes of the documentary is all based on is all dedicated to stop motion animation. And I watched this as a kid, and I had it on video as a kid, and it wasn't until like the behind the scenes specials that came out with it and with that from Star Wars to Jedi was in that package. And I realized then and there after watching it and probably like this was the this was the this was the plug.
Speaker 1: And and you combined, uh, your love of Star Wars with your love of stop motion animation. Now you're not gonna say this because it would be too controversial, but I'm going to say that when J. J. Abrams made the new movie and there was a Black Stormtrooper, I went, come on, buddy, somebody saw Donald's lego movies.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get in.
Speaker 1: You can lean back, lean back in your chair and don't say a word. I'm saying as a fan of your stop motion movies, the hero of which was the first Black Stormtrooper, and then the zillion dollar movie comes out. I said to myself, come on, buddy, don't speak. Don't speak. I don't want to get you in trouble with all your your Star Wars of friends. What's his name? The guy with the cowboy hat is the super superstar Warsloney, Dave Feloney, that's the man right there. I want to be on the you know, George Lucas.
Speaker 2: George Lucas pretty much gave him the keys to the Corvette man.
Speaker 1: Dave Filoni. Yeah, man, he's the keeper of He's the keeper of the lore.
Speaker 2: Right and when they go and do other things. He's involved in stuff like that. But you know, his his stuff like the Clone Wars Rebels.
Speaker 1: Is he involved the Mandalorians.
Speaker 2: He is the executive producer of the Mandalorian. I really like man when he's involved, when they have him involved, I'm telling you, man, it's really really good stuff. I I you know, Dave Filoni should be if you ask me, you know, he should be always asked, well, what do you think of this Dave and let him.
Speaker 1: I think he is right. Isn't he the keeper of the lore? If you will?
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's always the way it goes. I don't know how they.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, I'm not the biggest, as big as Star Wars, geek as you, but I really am enjoying the Mandalorian and it's great. I know. Baby Yoda is like the biggest marketing uh cash grab merchandising cash grab has ever been done. But I want one. I want a baby Yoda.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't want a baby?
Speaker 1: I want a baby Yoda. I want to real life Viviota. Can we get to the episode Donald for God's sake? Okay, let's go at twenty one seconds in there's a reference to the Rock. Now this is two thousand and one. The Rock is a very famous wrestler. I don't know if he's made films yet. She does say he's a film star.
Speaker 2: He says, she says he's a movie star, But he's not the Rock that he is now, No, right, it wasn't like he was. That's a good question, Joel.
Speaker 1: Can you look up what films had the Rock made in two thousand and one? I don't know how many it is, but obviously enough for Sarah to say he's a film star.
Speaker 2: Well look I'll say this right now, yes, go ahead. The Scorpion King, I think was the first bit is.
Speaker 1: That Joelle's cracking up. What do you crack the first big one. Look at Joelle's outfit today, she's all matching.
Speaker 2: It and she's all yellow. She got on and it was all yellow.
Speaker 1: You look good, Joel? All right, what's the Rocks credits in two thousand and one, thus far in his career, just the highlights we don't need, like the little indie he did in stad you always goes.
Speaker 5: So the Mummy returns, it's Ben Scorpion King, then run downs and walking tall and then he really hits it off.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and five, would be cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, be cool?
Speaker 2: What was be cool? Be cool? I imagine the rock just running around.
Speaker 3: Be cool.
Speaker 1: It's a comedy with who duo Kevin Hart.
Speaker 5: No, it's got John Travolta and Uma Thurman and Vince Vaughn.
Speaker 2: And oh right, it's to get shorty uh sequel.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, all right, all right, well he was a movie star, then we're wrong. But he wasn't the level of like global. I mean, he's like the biggest movie star in the world, and now.
Speaker 2: Right him, well there's him, Kevin Hart, Will Smith still Harrison Ford Smith.
Speaker 1: Will Smith. I don't think is on the level of the Rock these days because the Rock rarely, the Rock rare.
Speaker 2: Last movie was Bad Boys from Life, and I think, really, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying, and I love Will Smith. Don't think I'm taking anything away from I just think that the Rock doesn't really have bombs. He's you know, there used to be movies.
Speaker 2: Does what the Rock does?
Speaker 1: A Rock has a yeah, Oh, the beach One, the bay Watch, the bay Watch. I sound like my dad. The bay Watch. My dad saw dream Girls and he goes, and he had never heard of Beyonce, but he saw dream Girls and he goes, I gotta tell you this Bayance she is something. And uh, we always called me off for because of that time. My dad he was just he was so taken by her, understandably like the rest of earth, but he was like, this Bayonce, she is something. Can we get to the episode.
Speaker 2: Donald, We've been in the episode?
Speaker 1: All right? All right? So the Rock and then the family feud Fantasy. I remember going to the Real Family Feud set and that was exciting. I'd never been on a game show set before, and I thought it was very funny that the breakdown is Boobs ninety three seeing the Rock, four beer sandwiches, two World Piece one. So when they did when they when they pulled one hundred people, two different people in this scenario said beer sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know, it's crazy that it says the Rock is one of them. Also, because I feel like the Rock is kind of the I mean, I'm sure it's been said before, but he's like, male, Oprah, you know what I mean, how do you mean? Like the Rock says, Yo, this is what we're doing, And it seems like a whole community of people are like, Yeah, this is what we're doing. The Rock said.
Speaker 1: So I know, but I don't think The Rock was that level of megafandom twenty back then.
Speaker 2: But right now it's it speaks volumes of how steady his career has been and how he is amazing.
Speaker 1: Dude, Okay, Donald loves the Rock. Who doesn't love the Rock exactly?
Speaker 2: That's my point. That's like somebody saying something bad about Bruno Mars. You like what I feel like.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure there's people who don't like Bruno Mars. There's probably a few. There's people who don't like anything. I once saw this video on YouTube and it was sweet. It probably tears to my eyes. It was literally add seeing a duet with his little adorable daughter on a guitar, and it like brought tears in my eyes. It was the sweetest thing in the world. And then I looked on YouTube and they were like thousands of thumbs downs, like people.
Speaker 2: Were like, no, no to this, How dare you sing with that little daughter that's.
Speaker 1: Too fucking adorable?
Speaker 2: I hate it?
Speaker 1: Fuck you. You can find people to hate anything. Donald, Yeah, do you want to sing Taylor Swift hater's gonna hate right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean she's the one that taught me that.
Speaker 1: She's the one that taught you that hater's gonna hate hate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean once she said it, it was like, you're right.
Speaker 1: One thirty two, I wrote down Matt Winston returns now Matt Winston who plays doctor Stedman and who humps Kelso's leg here. I just think I decided, I'm sorry. I know we're early in this podcast, but he is my vote so far for most underused funny supporting character.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 1: I think Bill had a thing with him. I don't know what happened, but every time I see him, I crack up. And I don't know why this guy was not like one of the go to regulars.
Speaker 2: He could he should have been around for a really long time. He may. I'm sure he.
Speaker 1: May have found a way to annoy Bill or something. Because it doesn't make any sense, it doesn't commute. We're gonna have to ask that, you know what, Joelle, remember when Bill said we could ask him things. Ask and we'll insert Bill here. Why did you stop using Matt Winston?
Speaker 2: Bill?
Speaker 1: Come on, well, I'll tell you guys.
Speaker 6: I should have used Matt Winston Moore. He was really funny. But when we were that early on the show, we were always shooting episodes that were five, six, seven, sometimes even eleven or twelve minutes long, and I was still trying to find room for my pals, Rob Mashio, you know, as a buddy of mine, and I wanted to get him in all the time. Neil Flynn wasn't even a regular, and we wanted to get him in. We were essentially doing an A story, a B story, a C story, and a janitther runner, which, if you're wondering, is too much. So we kept using Matt Winston over the years, and he kept working. He was in About Schmidt, and he was in year movie.
Speaker 1: Zach should have used him more.
Speaker 6: He's super super funny, cool bit of trivia. Do you guys know who Matt Winston's dad is?
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I miss you, guys. Why am I not back already with you?
Speaker 2: See? Yeah? And I love that Kelso didn't know your name for the first few this whole time. The reason why he's been calling you sport and everything like that, because he still doesn't know your name.
Speaker 1: I literally laughed out loud when he said when I said, that's the that's the manufacture of the clipboard, sir. That's very funny, very very funny. I just thought he was a funny, funny guy. And uh, but yeah, that scene was really funny. And by the way, a little trivia I saw on the interwebs because I did research today on the interwebs. You know, there's all this talk that the janitor didn't acknowledge anyone else in season one but me, but there's a little debate because he passes the janitor and says smells ammonious pungent today. He might just be saying that out to the universe. Donald, he might not be acknowledging the janitor.
Speaker 2: But no, I think he's I honestly do believe he's acknowledging the janitor.
Speaker 1: And that's not helping the scrubs lord that he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know what, it doesn't track. Some things just don't track.
Speaker 1: He might have just come into the hallway Donald and gone, oh, Ammonia's punging today.
Speaker 2: Listen. Just because we're on the show and we're best friends with the creator of the show, doesn't mean that everything has to track. Dude, all right, this didn't track.
Speaker 1: I want to track. It didn't though, Okay, somebody fucked up.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that Carla and Turk's relationship is moving to the next level. They are now bumping uglies or they're about to bump uglies. And what does Zach, What does JD do? He comes in and he ruins it. Yeah, Sea blocks, you'd see block for real. And I was always I always thought, you know, Carla totally mind fucks Turk man, like She even says to him, do you want me to take you into the room right now and we can have sex? And when you come out, you'll be walking sideways because I'll use I will have used all your up and downs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very aggressive.
Speaker 2: What person in their right mind is gonna say no, I don't want that. She might fox him so hard that he's like, no, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I like that. She's such a strong woman. She's like, yeah, I'm going to bang you so hard you won't be able to move. Do you want to? And you're like, uh no. But it is bullshit though, that you would be like, I'm sorry, but it's bullshit that you would be like that.
Speaker 2: I panic, He panicked.
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, that was funny. That was funny. Wait, I wanted to talk about my nipples real quick. The band aid's on the nipples right now. Have you ever been on sets where your nipples the air conditioning's on, and and and your nipples are so hard it looks like you're smuggling raisins and and you're you're saying, I can't wear this shirt because I I've got rock hard nipples. Absolutely so on on my last show, I did that was it was really bad. So I started, I mean, it's embarrassing, but I wore pasties because the wardrobe truck has pasties for women, and I said, yeah, but they're mostly for women, but in men in this case, because I I was like, I can't do this scene. It listenes this shirt. It looks ridiculous because it's freezing in here. My nips are rock hard. Bring out the pasties. So they just became a running joke with the word of department. They'd be like, Okay, Zach, you're gonna be in this shirt today, and do you think you'll need your pasties?
Speaker 2: Do you remember what you used to call my nipples?
Speaker 1: What you don't remember, Oh, melted her she's kisses. Yes, that's what they look like they do. Next time you guys see Donald topless on the screen, zoom in and they look like little cute and melted her she's kissing. Ah. I can't believe I remember that.
Speaker 2: All right. So this is a perfect example. How we were talking with Bill on the episode a few days ago, and we were talking about how Kelso is all about insurance and Cox is all about, you know, breaking the rules so that he can get patients taken care of because he's one of those doctors that actually cares.
Speaker 1: Obviously, this couldn't be more relevant than anything today, This debate, that was what we've been having in this country forever, and we were having on this show. I mean, you couldn't make this show and not start off early on and discuss the problem of health insurance and how doctors have to deal with this huge crisis when patients don't have health insurance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know me, personally, I would prefer a doctor like Cox, But I can see how a hospital can go broke if you have a bunch of doctors like that. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the debate of our time, Donald, and we won't begin we won't even begin to wade into the debate because we're not nearly smart enough. But I did think that this was very well articulated. This, I mean, before I remembered this was the Star Wars episode, I said to myself, Oh, it's a battle of good versus evil, and and they're fighting over the soul of JD on the golf course.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you think, you honestly believe because of how emotional you get when your mentor kind of washes his hand. When he washes his hands with you, you almost fall to the dark side. And it's really easy to fall to the dark side. This is this is why I love this. This is why I love this. You talk about Star.
Speaker 1: Wars, I I have a feeling you're gonna find a way. Maybe I have a feeling you're going to start a side project, a side hustle about Star Wars. There's probably nine thousand Star Wars podcasts.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure there are bros sitting.
Speaker 1: Around talking about the jedis what's your favorite? Let's digress for a moment. What's your favorite? You have to pick one Star Wars film or there's a gun to your head.
Speaker 2: Go the Empire strikes back. That's the easiest.
Speaker 1: That's everyone says that, right if you're a mega fan. Yeah, for me, it was it was the Christmas special, the one with with with Chewy on the beach.
Speaker 5: Rogue one is my favorite Star Wars movie. It's really have to go to the premiere, and partially because it's everything I love about the animated Star Wars brought to the live action screen.
Speaker 2: It's the first time our faders every really scary. It was well, I'll tell you that. I'll tell you one thing that part. If that didn't make the movie, that would have been people would have been pissed.
Speaker 3: Off two weeks before release.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's well, I didn't know you were a mega fan. Maybe you can be Donald's co host and his Star Wars podcast.
Speaker 2: Star Wars We should we should shoot it.
Speaker 1: One thing I've always wanted to ask you, Donald, is how come in the Ewok song at the end of Return of the Jedi they say, yup nub it chikey why why and then they go celebrate the Life? Does that mean that there's no ewalk ease for celebrate the life?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to say, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it just doesn't translate yub nub it chinkey? Why why celebrate the live?
Speaker 2: Right right? Yup nub jump nub you know, the whole celebrate the live.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Dan is telling me that Joel is the most knowledgeable person on Star Wars, Marvel Watchman, literally a million mega fan things.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the Scrubs podcast, I know, Donald, Let's get back to this knowledgeable and Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is. But apparently we're learning something about Joelle that she is mega mega mega star Wars geek like you. We're gonna have to tribute her later. All right, Donald, back to our show.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about Cocks breaking the rules, and but then one of the funniest things that we almost saw an eagle, Yes, so yeah, when he spinds you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I laughed so hard at you losing your balance after two revolutions.
Speaker 1: I think, I really, I think that was genuine. There were two episodes, two places in this episode where I genuinely fell. One after Johnny c spit spun me in that sort of wonder Years and that was shot on like super eight film to look like the old school. And and then when I'm in the the water hazard. Is that what you call it? A water hazard? When I'm in the When I'm in the water hazard and I'm and I'm golfing, I remember I legit fell in that moment and wasn't supposed to. I slipped.
Speaker 2: Wow, And just keeping of golf.
Speaker 1: That's how professional I am. Donald, like, kept going as you should.
Speaker 2: Speaking of golf. John C McGinley I think has been trying to hustle me because I picked up golf well after we finished Scrubs, I picked up golf. As a matter of fact, my stand in on Scrubs, Deontay Gordon. Yes, when Scrubs was all said and done, he was the one that took me out to the golf course and was like, you know, because my wife had told me, you need to stop playing basketball. You're getting hurt all the time. I'm sick and tired of.
Speaker 1: And you were playing tennis. You were getting really good at tennis.
Speaker 2: I was getting good at tennis, but I was hurting myself a lot, right. She was like, you gotta get you gotta start. And also tennis is very expensive. Let's just be honest, tennis.
Speaker 1: Expensive to play. Well, you're just paying the court feet. What do you oh, you mean.
Speaker 2: Lessons, lessons, all of that stuff. To get good, you have to get lessons. And I was like, well, what do I want to play that I can play for the rest of my life. And I said, you know, I picked up golf, and Deontay took me to the golf course and we practiced playing golf quite a bit and then finally, you know, we went out and we play and we play a lot. Now we play golf together. John c McGinley I you know, I expressed to him that I love golf, and he's like, oh wow, dude, I picked up golf also. I just got into it. I'm really excited recently as well. This was the last time we saw him at Bill's birthday party, and I was like, oh wow. I was like, we should go out now. You know, in my mind, I'm thinking I'm about to bust John c mcginley's ass in golf. And then we watched this episode. Yeah, and he's got a really good golf swing.
Speaker 1: And dude, he really hit that putt. I mean that no one was and he did that walk away that was all real. I think he, you know, they thought, okay, you know, we don't have time to sit here all day. He got a long putt. We'll cut it up if we need to. He literally hit the ball and then walked away and it went in, and he was so fucking happy. I've never seen that man so happy in my whole life.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just put it out there. I think he was trying to hustle me.
Speaker 1: He's really good. He was good then, he was good twenty years ago. He's saying he's not good now.
Speaker 2: That's no but that's what I'm trying to say. Golf is one of those games. The longer you play it, the better you are at.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he was just saying he was rusty or.
Speaker 2: Something rusting my ass. He belongs to a country club.
Speaker 1: I think Ken really hit that ball of Yeah, Ken.
Speaker 2: Look, Ken's freaking swing was amazing.
Speaker 1: Mine was not good. And I remember really feeling nervous and that the whole crew was watching me, and it was clearly going to be a joke, like, oh, here comes the guy. He's not good at sports, and we're going to be here all day trying to make him look good. And uh and yeah, it was very uncomfortable and good, well Bill, Bill cut it together for me to make me look decent.
Speaker 2: It's definitely clear that you don't play golf all the time.
Speaker 1: Now, the character didn't donald right, sure, but I was. I'm very I'm actually I should have told the audience I'm actually excellent, but JD needed to be shitty.
Speaker 2: So what you're really good at now, though, is tennis. Man. I'm very impressed with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm really good, but I really love it. I'm having I never was into sports and I finally found something that I genuinely love doing in tennis other than badinton. I can't play badminton, but I Risbey. I do love to throw at frisbee, but I but I love tennis and we have the same tennis and doctor Chris crab he's amazing. Give him Chris krab a shout out, even though you can't even get an appointment with the darn guy.
Speaker 2: Very he works a lot. Also an actor.
Speaker 1: Also an actor, he was on a show. Do you know the name of his Canadian series when he was a.
Speaker 2: Child, something Bay, Danger Bay, Danger By. Yeah, Chris crab Our Danger Bay Our.
Speaker 1: Tennis coach is an actor, but was on a Canadian series when he was a kid and it was called Danger Bay. So you danger should all go watch Danger Bay clips right now on YouTube, not right now, after this.
Speaker 2: Podcast, after the podcast is over.
Speaker 1: Wait, I wrote down something. Oh so I'm going backwards a bit, but there's a reference to he calls me, are you there, God, it's me Margaret, And that's a Judy Bloom book. Now. Coincidentally, when I was a child, I was I we had to do a book report and I just randomly chose a Judy Bloom book because I liked Judy Bloom and I chose to do my book report on Are you there, God, it's me Margaret, not realizing at the time that it's a story about a young girl getting her period for the first time. And I remember the teacher saying to my parents, like, you know, he did a really nice job with the book report, but it's it's a bit curious that he chose a story about it a young woman getting her period. But I didn't know he was an odd ball kid. I was like, Okay, that's the book report today, Bloom. Are you there, God, it's me Margaret Off. But you know what, it made me very as a young child. I empathized with what the girls were going through because I had learned about it through.
Speaker 2: You should direct, You should direct and write a movie that's not about dudes and write a movie about women.
Speaker 1: I am Actually the thing I'm writing right now is about a woman. That's great. She's the lead and I'm not a child, and it's not the story of a young girl getting her period. No, but it could change. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't say child, I said woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I am the protagonist of my of the thing I'm writing right now is a woman in her mid twenties. And on that note, we're going to go to commercial right now, someone's going to sell you something to go someone.
Speaker 2: We're back, Yes, and we are back.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to say that. That's the fun thing about having a podcast. You can say things like we're back with Donald Faison from.
Speaker 2: Scrums, I'm here with Zach Braff.
Speaker 1: Yes Live, coming to you Live from Hollywood. At six point thirty two, when when Sarah shows her breast to the little boy, if you if you pause it, the little boy spikes the lens. Now, for those of you who don't know this bit of jargon, and this is gonna sorry, it's gonna ruin film and TV for you now. So if you don't want film and TV forever to be ruined for you, mute the next minute. But spiking the lenses when an actor accidentally looks into the lens of the camera and not like on purpose. You know, sometimes the person is looking right into the camera, like Faris Bueller because he's talking to you, But spike lenses by accident, and it kind of breaks down that fourth wall of hey, we're doing this. Imagine play for you. You'll see it all the time with people actors in the background because they're kind of looking when the camera's coming near them, and they look directly into the lens. And actors do it all the time by accident, but it's usually edited out. But I noticed that this little boy who should be looking at Sarah's breast looks at the camera directly into the lens when it passes. So there.
Speaker 2: I don't think Sarah really showed him his breast, And no, of course not he lens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she had a beige band on or something.
Speaker 2: And that was that was his moment of like I thought I would go see some pities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're saying in protests, he spiked the lens. He ruined, He ruined the shot in protest, I was told when I got this part, I'd be seeing Sarah Chalk's breas I just wanted to do a little I think it's good to give people a little some some filmmaking jargon as we go. So now you know the term spiking the lens.
Speaker 2: Or breaking the fourth wall. Yes, I love the fact that in that scene Turk is talking about what gift am I going to get my new girlfriend, and he thinks flowers and he thinks chalk, and those are very cliche, especially for you know, beginning the beginning of a relationship later on, flowers are like the little things. And if you can bring flowers to the table at any point.
Speaker 1: Does your wife like getting flowers from you?
Speaker 2: Loves flowers, she thinks, but not necessarily for anniversaries and stuff like that. They're great gifts. But if you can just brighten the house with some flowers, I don't know about just not just women, men, kids, anyone. It really does brighten up a room when you walk into a room and there's some form of flower growth.
Speaker 1: In of course, flower growth. Now you're saying, but when you do you ever come home before we were in isolation and just surprise your wife with flowers.
Speaker 2: I did that a couple of times, a couple of times, a.
Speaker 1: Couple of times, and when.
Speaker 2: Done correctly, well, you know you can't do it all the time. Well you can't do it all the time.
Speaker 1: But married a long time, you might want to crank it up more than a couple I do.
Speaker 2: Listen, after isolation, I'm telling you right now, now you're gonna do It's like it's like isolation has been like, uh, you know, I'm gonna work out tomorrow. After tomorrow, I'm gonna be working out every day once isolation's over, I'm gonna do everything I possibly can to make my wife happy. But right now, shiit?
Speaker 1: Do you guys go and have like time apart other than doing the podcast in your closets, you guys find a way to be separated. Because once Bill told me. Bill told me that christ to set up a guest bedroom in the house and said, that's your office and you're gonna be there nine to five.
Speaker 2: That would be awesome. I would love one of those.
Speaker 1: So you guys are just together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we have two very young children. Yeah, you have to be together.
Speaker 1: Casey posted the cutest picture I've ever seen in my entire life, which was while they're doing yoga.
Speaker 2: She's real.
Speaker 1: She was in her like meditative state doing doing zoom yoga. That was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: She's all about that yoga.
Speaker 1: I need children because I'm like, I look at your kids and I go, I need a kid doing yoga. That's the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: In the breakroom, Turk's talking about what type of gift he's gonna get her, And he finally decides he's gonna get her a pin, and I remember right then and there, I was like, oh my god, this is the ass pin episode. Oh my god, this is I love the ass pin concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah so much so.
Speaker 2: I literally the smile on my face when I when I realized this was the asspin episode was huge. It was like guy Smiley big. But then it got even bigger when after Turk realizes he's given Caller an ass pin, Todd notices that he has an ass chain around his neck, and not only does he smell it does hell yeah, but he also is like, oh wow, this has been in another person's ass makes him very happy.
Speaker 1: The thing about Todd that is already getting filtered in is that he's he's very you know, he's the Todd of course, but I think we learned kind of early on that he's down for anything.
Speaker 2: Like anything.
Speaker 1: He is open to obviously men and women. He's fluid in that sense. But also we learned later he's very attracted to seniors. I think it eventually we learned that also and monkeys. He's not an agist and monkeys. What do you mean monkeys.
Speaker 2: Where is said monkey?
Speaker 1: By the way, we're jumping ahead, we're jumping ahead. But I think one of the funniest times I ever laughed in nine years was when we're in the break room and Rob is, uh no, no, no, it's we're we're in the room where we would sleep, where the doctors would sleep, and I think Saturay and I were hooking up. I forgot what the story was. We'll get to that episode. But Rob comes down and he goes sometimes when I'm back in this mattress, I imagine I'm banging that one. So dirty for a half hour TV comedy anyway, were very dirty. So Rob as I guess establishing that he someone gave him the chain from the ass box, and he likes, no.
Speaker 2: He took the chain from the ass box.
Speaker 1: The ass box. That's your analysis, because why is he surprised?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: No, So Todd and Turk thought they found the Lost and Found. Oh god, and in the Lost and Found were a bunch of items got it and they were like holy shit, And Todd was like, yo, there's a gold chain in here. Gold chain I didn't turns out was somebody's a watch.
Speaker 1: Real quick, because I happened to be there. I want to see if he actually sniffs it.
Speaker 2: Please, I hope he sniffs it. Please sniff it, Rob, please sniff it.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's looking, he sees the chain in the ass, he takes it out. No, he just looks and smiles a snack calls your fucking lie.
Speaker 2: But it's still funny.
Speaker 1: I bet you he did a take where he sniffed and Bill was like no.
Speaker 2: Bill was like, no way, that's not making in the show, but still very funny.
Speaker 1: Now when when Steadman we're jumping around, but when stead doctor Stedman says I'm woozy on the golf course, it made me think of you because we once went to Cabo for my birthday and you were day drinking. Donald was a lot like a like a puppy in that he'll go super hard, super hard, super hard, and then he needs a nap. And we were in Cabo for my birthday and he's like we're raging and day drinking and just the pool and then he's like down for the count up in our suite and I was like, where's Donald. I go up there and I try and try and wake you up, and you go I'm woozy.
Speaker 2: You were with your brother too.
Speaker 1: My brother thought it was the funniest fucking thing. He talks about all the time. He's like, remember when Donald said he was woozy? Like, who says they're woozy? You could have easily said, bro, I'm tired, I'll be out in a little bit. You were like, I'm woozy.
Speaker 2: I was drunk as can they, dude, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's funny though. I laughed. I heard I heard Steedman Sam woozy And sorry remembering my brother and I laughing for fucking months about you yelling that you were woozy.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite, one of my favorite stories of you and your brothers. Are you guys sneaking And we still use this to this day. You guys sneaking into the house late at night, right drunk out of your mind.
Speaker 1: I think we might have had some of God's lettuce as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you might have had some of the green lettuce that God grows on this.
Speaker 1: Earth, God's favorite lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your brother taking his pointer finger and sticking it up your butt right we're walking, Yeah, you guys are walking up the stairs and he's behind you and he sticks it up your butt and you turn around and go, dude, too deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were we were trying. We were trying to be quiet, and we were like very silly and giggling, and we're walking up the stairs. We didn't want to wake up my parents. And he you know, he put his finger like you know, I had clothes on. It wasn't like he went in my butt, but he like tried to jab my my pooh hole and uh and and I turned around and went dude, too deep. And we laughed about that. We laughed about that forever because it wasn't like it wasn't like I was saying, bro fucking stop. I was like, no, just that, not that far. Yeah, too deep has been a very long running joke in my whole family forever. Too Deep.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favorites I wanted to talk about. In this episode, they introduced the fact that Turk is a man of faith.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's just.
Speaker 2: Right and the crosses out and everything like that. And I remember Bill coming up to me and saying, you know what, we want to establish that you are a man of faith so that when the Christmas episode comes up, we have this whole storyline for you when the Christmas episode comes up, and while watching this this is also this all goes away after the Christmas episode, So they lead up to this. They did all of all of this stuff where Turk is a man of faith for the next couple of episodes until we get to the Christmas episode.
Speaker 1: Just I didn't that's what. Yeah, did you notice when you when you when you do get to the scene with Carla setting up candles in the house sixteen fifty four, it's a lot of a lot of candles. I mean, she's really it's kind of a fire hazard. The woman has set up far too many candles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you ever been in a room with candles like that in real life?
Speaker 1: No? I only know only like I mean, I've been on in rooms where you set up a few candles because you're trying to be romantic. But never Judy. It looked like a music video set for boys to men.
Speaker 2: I'll make love to you like you ow me too, and I'll hold you time. That's such a cretul baby all through the night, I oh.
Speaker 1: Make But you guys can't see it. But Joelle is swaying like a fangirl in the front row, like she's just shy of holding up a lighter.
Speaker 2: They don't hold up lighters anymore. They hold up cell phones.
Speaker 1: Oh, their phones. They hold up their phones.
Speaker 2: They're now cell phones.
Speaker 1: So I just thought that was funny. Like, first of all, candles are very expensive, right, so Carl, Yeah, where.
Speaker 2: Does she get all the set Carlo Carl candles?
Speaker 1: This is before Amazon, Carla went candle shopping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like Yankee Doodle whatever that whatever? Those what is the candle shop name? I don't know if it's still around Yankee Doodle, is that it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The scented candles, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But she went nuts, and frankly, I just don't think it's very safe. I mean, if you guys are gonna go yes Dan saying it's Yankee candle.
Speaker 2: It's Yankee candle, Yankee candle.
Speaker 1: So you guys are gonna get busy, and then I'm just worried, just safety wise, you're gonna go in the other room and bump buglies and then we're gonna be left. I'm gonna be left in a fire hazard of an apartment because there's nine hundred candles lit.
Speaker 2: I imagine there's also candles in the other room.
Speaker 1: Listen. If you're listening to this, I don't want your house to burn down. Let's say you light candles in the living room and you're romancing in your partner. Before you go do it in your in your bedroom, please blow out all your candles in the main room. This has been a public service announcement from Zach and Donald. Only you at seventeen twenty nine, there's that super dark fantasy, I mean, so appropriate for the healthcare debate that's going on in our country now, But that's super dark fantasy of Kelso manning the supermarket cash register and just checking out and charging old people, and then I whip out the body bag. I mean, I love that Bill did that. It's just really amazing, just satire, but it was like so dark, especially now, I was just like, this is so smart and also so fucked up and true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very true.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that eighteen and oh six that rowdy has a food bowl. I never knew that rowdy had a bowl. In the background of the scene with you and Judy in the corner, a little Easter egg for you guys, there's that rowdy not only has a bull, but he has food. We bought food for the dead dog.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, what's wrong with us? That's what I'm telling you. That's the oddest storyline throughout the whole series. The rowdy storyline is just so fricking weird. Dude, Like, we bought a dead dog food, Yeah, dead, and we make the dead dog hump.
Speaker 1: Did you know that he had a ball?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I forgot all about that. Also, before we go that far, I wanted to talk about the bar. Yeah, that bar is only there for the first season, if I'm correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: And that is not in urgent care either. That's also that was actual, an actual bar that we used to film in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was a big pain in the ass to go there because you know, when you leave, when we left the hospital, we were a big footprint with a very large crew, and it always going to locations was a big deal. Like I think we spent the full day on that golf course, but going to the bar. They wanted to use the bar so much and going there with such a pain in the ass that that's why I believe it was second season. They built the bar set into the hospital, into the hospital, So this is one of the time. This is one of the one of the bar scenes that was in an actual bar.
Speaker 2: Also a little Scrubs trivia go on. I don't have the answer for it. What country club was it that you guys were playing golf at?
Speaker 1: I have no idea exactly. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: These are things that I would be very interested in right now because I love playing golf.
Speaker 1: So as a golfer, did you go who nice course? I'd like to play it right away.
Speaker 2: As soon as I saw it, I was like, what country club is that? What golf course is that I want to play there?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I bet you we can find out. We'll do.
Speaker 2: I've been very lucky to play on some really cool golf courses. I got to play Sherwood once.
Speaker 1: I think they're kind of obnoxious if I can. I I guess this is controversial to say to a golfer, but Los Angeles is filled with so many damn golf clubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm gonna tell you something right now. There is beautiful, packed.
Speaker 1: Beautiful land that should be shared with the people. I'm just saying. Sometimes I'm driving around town and I go wow, and then there's like a hole in the in the in the chain link fence, and I go, oh my god, look how beautiful it is in there, and we're not allowed to use it. I'm just pissed.
Speaker 2: I'm the complete opposite of you. I'll drive around town and I'll see an open field and I'll be like, is that a golf course?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because you like to play, and you get invited because you're you to play on fancy courses.
Speaker 2: I'll bit, I love playing golf.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Star Wars fantasy, because I think that it's a very special moment. This is a tricky thing because when you're gonna you're allowed to parody something, it's laws and copyrights. It's called fair use if you're if you're truly doing a parody. That's how SNL is allowed to do whatever they want and and other things that that are doing parody. But I remember there were lots of weird rules like to you know, like that had to be medically inspired. That's why when you cut twenty twenty six and you cut to the girls with the buns in their hair, there had to be like medical supplies in their hair. I didn't really think that made sense, but but the lawyers had found a way to tiptoe around it and be able to do it. If we were we were doing a quote unquote medical parody of Star Wars. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand that. I didn't understand why they had all of those things in their hands. Yeah, but the scrubs enough was us being in scrubs was enough for it to be you know what I mean, Like I had a vest and a shirt underneath, and you know, I thought that was if you notice, all of our outfits were scrubs based, so I thought that would be enough for.
Speaker 1: Well, the girls, the girls like they're in in real scrubs, whereas your outfit and mine are altered, like I'm I've got like the I've got like the cross in whatever you call my scrubs have been altered. And uh, I don't think that's my hair. That must be a wig, right, that's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this was yeah, and that's definitely not My hair really.
Speaker 1: Looks like it's yours. You wish you had that hair, by the way, you look so good with that hair. I mean I.
Speaker 2: Would look I'm telling you, Billy d Williams, watch out, baby, if I had that hair or.
Speaker 1: Wait, I know you had Solo. Are you supposed to be Solo? Orlando?
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to be Han Solo. But Eric Ostrado eats your heart out when I got hair like that.
Speaker 1: You do look good with that hair.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We did as Chips photo shoot that you can see on the interwebs if you're curious. It was for some magazine, I think Entertainment Weekly or something, and they they had a wig on you and you looked glorious.
Speaker 2: I'd love that. I look like Bruno Mars and Eric Estrata.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like this. I have it frozen on your on your wig. You look great. I couldn't remember if you were supposed to be Lando or supposed to be Han Solo.
Speaker 2: But now I was Han Solo. That's why the easy chewy line. But also this was the year we went to the Playboy Mansion for Halloween and I wore that same wig because I tried to be Han Solo at the Playboy Mansion. And I remember people walking up to me like, yo, who are you supposed to be? And I was like, I'm Han Solo.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember. I barely remember. I remember we went to the Playboy Mansion and.
Speaker 2: You dressed up as as a bamfire.
Speaker 1: I was that's not very creative.
Speaker 2: And I was Han Solo.
Speaker 1: Did you remember liking mansion or do you remember thinking like, oh, it's not exactly what I daydreamed it would be.
Speaker 2: It was not what I imagined it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, I remember thinking it was it was a little bit long in the tooth. It didn't. It didn't. It's one of those things where it's like, it's better to just imagine what it would be like in your in your dreams.
Speaker 2: The fantasy was definitely better than the reality of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were lots of benefits on the show, and you could be like, hey can I get a you go to the hair and makeup? Hey can I get a haircut? You got to carry? Hey can I Halloween costume?
Speaker 2: Or Hey, I'm going to be on a show this week, can you give me a outfit to wear when I walk out?
Speaker 1: But look at you, look at your background. You have no shortage of outfits.
Speaker 2: Back there, Donald, this is all my wife's closes, believe it or not. Yeah, what you're seeing behind me is actually my wife's stuff. The stuff over here is mine. On the left side, that's mine, and those are golf shirts. A lot of p XG golf shirts.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm just saying, okay, we have a caller, Lurie.
Speaker 7: Hi, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: No, you're You're just in time. We almost ended the show.
Speaker 1: We almost ended the show, Laurie.
Speaker 2: We almost ended the show without you.
Speaker 1: Without Lori, No, without Hi, Lorie.
Speaker 8: Hi, it's so great.
Speaker 1: Where are you from? Where are you calling from?
Speaker 5: Caribbean?
Speaker 1: Tidd the show?
Speaker 2: Selector? Come down Donald?
Speaker 1: The show is officially international now, it really is.
Speaker 3: It's big.
Speaker 1: Are you wearing scrubs?
Speaker 8: I sure? Am?
Speaker 1: Oh are you what? Are you a doctor? Nursa? What do you do?
Speaker 8: I'm a photographer?
Speaker 1: But oh you just love you just wore scrubsh do you worm? For the podcast?
Speaker 2: I was thinking, nobody's going to see that, you know that? Right you are?
Speaker 1: We'll see it.
Speaker 2: Well we saw it, and I like that they're green too. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you Louri for coming on the podcast and tell us what your question is.
Speaker 8: So in the series, I think, I mean you'll always balance between super heavy things as well as really light. But there are two truly like super heavy episodes. It's my Phone Idol, where Cox Laws the three pass after getting transforms from Jill, Tracy and my screw up with the big just ending spoilers with Ben dying at the end, and I was just wondering which one was your favorite, because it's pretty difficult to choose.
Speaker 1: I think, Wow, I'm going to be really lame and admit that I got goosebumps when you said that, because I have to to Ben dying, just because I think one of the most talked about things in Scrubb's history was that moment the funeral with where do you think we are? And where do you think we are? And then Josh Raden's song Winter Coming on. I just think that that was just so moving, and Cox, who's always such a strong alpha on top of it all, finally getting to see him grieve and feel pain. And I think Johnny's performance in that was was incredibly moving. What about you Donald?
Speaker 2: You know, I do like the episode where Cox loses three patients because at first he's trying to pitch a no hitter, and that's what we all think is gonna happen, is that he's gonna you know, you know, we even use the reference in the show where you know you don't talk to him about what's going on because he's in the zone. And then at the end of the episode, he loses if I'm am I correct, Laurie, I'm correct about this, right, Laurie. All three die, but he is in the zone and he does feel like he's gonna save all three of them, two right before it all goes down, right.
Speaker 8: Right right right before and like the two die and anyone who's his actual friend he gets like the page and that's when he's like losing it and that I mean, I'm a super frequent it comes to scrubs, but that's right after the episode.
Speaker 2: She is a super freak when it comes to scrubs.
Speaker 8: That's right after the episode where Jiel Tracy dies to himself out because he's like, I could have saved her, and Coxton John says, if you let yourself feelize that and that's the end. And Jade John talks.
Speaker 2: That and he's like, yeup, you know more about the show.
Speaker 1: I love Superman. I love super fans like that. I love it. I think it's so cool. Yeah, Donald and I do not know nearly. That's it's a good thing though.
Speaker 2: Because that's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's amazing and I really love your accent. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I never realized I had on coul I you know, I I gotta be honest with you. Anytime John c McGinley has the opportunity unity to do sad drama, it's always good. And so you know, when Ben dies and when the three patients die and you see him wig out and lose it, it's always good. So if you're asking me, if you're asking me which one I liked better, h I do. I'm gonna be honest with you. I do like the one with Brendan Fraser in it. One because Brendan Fraser was in it, and two because this is Cox so far off the rails, you know what I mean That he's hallucinating and he's imagining things and he loved this man so much, and this is the only person you know, that we ever see him love that much where it breaks his heart and breaks him down. So that definitely is one of the episodes that I feel is our most as it hits.
Speaker 1: Hard, you know, it's so well done.
Speaker 8: It's just done so perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one. And when Glenn Turman was on the show.
Speaker 1: Yes I forgot his character name, but he's the one that he's the older black man that Donald and I are trying to keep alive and we sit by his bedside. Yeah, George, God, you're good. He's a wonderful actor and he that's one of my favorite episodes. Actually, all right, do you have another question? Laurie?
Speaker 8: I have my friend who's the real reason that I even got through to do this? It should be on it because she won't ask the question. I don't know where she is.
Speaker 1: Her faire a friend friend audience.
Speaker 2: Do you want to use a lifeline?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Hold on, I'm telling her to click the link in the email.
Speaker 2: What is the question?
Speaker 1: Another question?
Speaker 2: If you don't have another legendary Donald, you can anything.
Speaker 8: Wow, what I actually wanted to do? Really bad?
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 8: I don't know. If you're on Instagram. In people's stories, they have those templates where.
Speaker 1: It's like this or that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have.
Speaker 8: A ton of them with scrubs.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Yes, don't you prefer.
Speaker 8: My pilot or my finale? The real finale?
Speaker 7: Sea?
Speaker 2: Isn't it my pilot that was the jump off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My pilot is the moment that our lives changed. So I think we'll always have a soft spot in our heart for that.
Speaker 8: Do you prefer Mammy Moore's characters, Jatie's girlfriends, what bunks character as Jade's girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I love them both. But since Mandy was my real life girlfriend at the time, I'll say Mandy because that was really cool that it was very well. It was also really cool to Avaron at the time because uh, you know, it's it was fun to act with my girlfriend at the time and she. I thought Mandy did a great job.
Speaker 2: Also, I also loved Mandy on the show. But I really liked Elizabeth Banks also on the show. I was a huge fan of forty year Old Virgin and the character she played in forty year Old Virgin, and I thought that was you know, I thought it was cool that, you know, she was on the show for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, last one, Laurie, because we were.
Speaker 2: No two more, you get two more more?
Speaker 8: Just okay, Oh, this is so difficult. Do you prefer toasty bottoms or clikie tops fence?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm a clickie top guy. I love to nervously, nervously clickie click clickie top.
Speaker 8: And this one's really for Donald. But did you prefer your Neil Diamond impression or your Eeron novel impression.
Speaker 2: Neil Diamond, because I love Neil Diamond.
Speaker 1: Come on, give us a little.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, I used to listen to in between watching Voltron and Transformers on w p i X in New York City. They would always play the best of Neil Diamond, and that's how I learned about who Neil Diamond was. I don't know any of his songs full all the way through. I only know snippets. So it's like everywhere around New World. They come into America and then love on the Rocks and no surprise and then what was the other one? Turn on? Yeah, hard light.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the movie he made? I think was The Jazz.
Speaker 2: He's in blackface in that movie, dude, at one point he's in blackface in that movie. Neil Diamond is in blackface in that movie.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. Don't yell at me. I didn't make them.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I'm just putting it out there. Not only I wrote it. Here's a great here's something great that I loved about doing Scrubs and my love for Neil Diamond. The Transformers more.
Speaker 7: Than meets the eye keep going transfer the Transformers robots in disguise.
Speaker 1: So if you've ever asked, if you ever anyone ever asked you, have you ever heard an impression of Neil Diamond sing the.
Speaker 7: Bot's face their bats to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons, who more than meets all right, all right, all right, all right, all right, edition Laurie, thank you, you're the best, and thanks for being such a big fan of ours.
Speaker 2: Thank you for wearing scrubs, thank you, and thank you for the scrubs being green.
Speaker 1: Donald, I think that's the episode.
Speaker 2: That is the episode.
Speaker 1: Wait, I mean, is there anything after Star Wars. Let's see, I'm scrolling the janitor pushes me over.
Speaker 2: No, well, actually, let's talk about the reveal. You know, you finally realizing doctor Cox. This will go on for the next few episodes where doctor Cox figures out a way to come back to the hospital and uh and uh work even though he's suspended, right, and he uses if I'm correct, he uses JD as his liaison.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but nice pronunciation of liaison. I like you put a little French on it.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 1: Listen, I miss you so much, I do.
Speaker 2: I totally miss you. In the words of Tenacious D. Dude, I totally miss you.
Speaker 1: That's Tenacious D. Absolutely do you know how is it a song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I totally miss you.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I totally miss you. Dude, I totally miss you.
Speaker 1: I do miss you. And and it's Friday night here in Los Angeles, and man, I wish that we were headed to a fun restaurant to have drinks with our gals and have long hugs.
Speaker 2: And chest and fun and laughter, fun and laughter.
Speaker 1: Casey Cobb, Donald's wife coined that phrase.
Speaker 2: She said, well, she didn't coin it. She don't get paid when people say it.
Speaker 1: No, that's copyrighted. But she was always like, y'all want to get together for fun and laughter. That is that is her saying, Donald, Do you want to lead us in gratitude and thanks this week?
Speaker 2: I am so thankful for so many things right now. One, the healthcare community out there, and the doctors and the nurses and the orderlies and all the people that the EMTs, the med MT's, everyone that works in the hospital, but not just them, also the people that work at the grocery stores, bus drivers, people, the people that take our trash out COVID nineteen is hitting really hard in the African American community right now, and that's because a lot of African Americans, we have the jobs that people are calling essential and don't necessarily have the best healthcare out there. And I just want to shine a light on that and shine a light on our community and make sure that we all have each other's backs right now, because that is very, very very important. And so I just, you know, I just want to thank all of the healthcare workers. I want to thank everybody out there, but I especially want to reach out to all of my brothers and sisters out there and say to you guys, you know, one, stay in. This is not a game two. Check on your people for real, and hopefully, if you're lucky, you'll have a doctor like doctor Cox or something like that who's willing to you know, because insurance is a big issue right now. It's such a huge issue right now, and we need to figure that out. I'm just, you know, I don't want to, you know, get controversial and say, you know, people aren't doing enough, but that's something that needs to be addressed. We need to address.
Speaker 1: On the next episode, we are going to solve the healthcare problem in the United States.
Speaker 2: We're not going to solve the healthcare problem. I know, I'm just kidding, but we're gonna But I definitely wanted to say, you know, watch each other's backs out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said. And thank you everybody for listening, and thank you for tuning in. And we're having so much fun doing this, and we're so happy to know that so many of you across the globe are listening. So now Donald will count us into our final song, this time now with the new improved.
Speaker 2: Five six seven.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm not sure we made about a bunch of story.
Speaker 1: Brad you here, Yeah, Brad you here, O specs we was ho with
Speaker 3: And and no mm hmmm