Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is nick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the official Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: At now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: You know, the fabulous football fight song Friday just doesn't have the same ring to it when Everson Walls isn't in the building. There's something about Everson here and he you know, he grooves to the beat of the fight song, he saying, MP.
Speaker 5: He's part of the standing exactly.
Speaker 4: There is back in history and it's just not the same when Everson is not in the room. But we are in the room. We got half of the Mixed Shots crew here, Savannah lounging on a beach in the Dominican Republic. Who knows where Everson is, but he's not here today. And he told us ahead of time he would not be here.
Speaker 5: At least he told us, yes, he did.
Speaker 4: I think also gave us his picks to click, which she did too. Okay, great, so.
Speaker 5: Now they're a little with Sandy, They're a little Sandy, but yeah, I still think he's like somewhere in secret in New Mexico.
Speaker 4: Well sometimes you you know, he works so hard that sometimes sometimes you need a three day weekend. Yeah right, right, you're headed tomorrow. I am teams headed to Carolina. Team is out on the field right now.
Speaker 5: They are there walk through practice.
Speaker 4: Huh. They are regenerating today.
Speaker 5: It's uh, the walkthroughs. And people need to understand. What they do is they go out on the field and they're basically in their jerseys and whatever they want to wear, no pads, no helmet, and they will sit there and go, okay, second kickoff team and the second guys second kickoff team guys have to run out there and line up, so they make sure everybody knows what teams they're on.
Speaker 4: This is what the Buffalo Bills don't do.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, that's good, Bill, That is really good.
Speaker 4: Since they If you think this is not an important day right of practice, or of a walkthrough a regeneration day, Okay, that's how important it is. You make sure that you get eleven men on the field and not twelve men on them. If your men not have the right number of people on the field, make it under eleven, right, not over eleven.
Speaker 5: And then they'll you know, do all the different units and make sure everybody knows what they're on. I wonder if guys have to take notes to remember because you know them. If you're a backup, you got to know, right, what if somebody gets hurt, that means you got to go in.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: That's why Jon Fossil can be the busiest man on the sideline games. He has to track injuries as much as he tracks who's in the game on his specialty units.
Speaker 5: It's like being the conductor on an orchestra. Right, Okay, it's your turn to play now.
Speaker 4: And it's and it's not injuries that necessarily take a guy out of the game. It might be just something that takes a guy out of the of a series, and right, you know, okay, he got banged up and so he's got to come out on this punk coverage team or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess they don't have to call out second team quarterback, right they kind of know who that is. But yeah, especially I mean especially for special teams, right, guys got to know. And so that's kind of what they do out there. And then they'll run some dummy plays, you know, no, uh low, no contact, there's no contact. They're just kind of walking through things. That's why it's called a walk through.
Speaker 4: You think they're just dummy plays that they just okay, let's run these runs, or do they Does it maybe have a little something to do with their game plan? Yeah, and maybe a script even though they may not go off that script to start a game. Right, we're running through making sure.
Speaker 5: That plays just kind of you know, just kind of running through stuff. Right, let's just run that.
Speaker 4: So just your general tone here making is that it's like, uh.
Speaker 5: It's nothing you want to watch.
Speaker 2: It's nothing you want to.
Speaker 4: Watch, but it is very important to the execution that happens on Sunday at noon Dallas time against the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 5: Bank of America.
Speaker 4: Bank of America Stadium is the stadium the Cowboys will be in this week, and you are of course traveling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I'm not sure what when we're leaving, but we get there at five forty five, So that would be for forty five Eastern to match.
Speaker 4: Up with Missouri football.
Speaker 5: They started seven thirty.
Speaker 4: So it does match up against Florida. Yes, oh, you get to watch that tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Night, probably on my phone, but yes, I will just.
Speaker 4: Get your get your weekends squared away for you. Yes, absolutely, so Thursday Night football last night, the Ravens beat the Bengals thirty four to twenty, beat them bad. Well there was something with.
Speaker 5: That when you lose your starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: Right, which you got me thinking on the drive in. Okay, So first Lamar Jackson left the game, yes, and then he comes back. Well, first, Mark Andrews, that's a huge loss for ball.
Speaker 5: He's out for the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Bill's a big Mark Andrews fan.
Speaker 4: And it's ad that hip drop tackle?
Speaker 6: Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: I think I saw it and I said, oh, and they didn't say it on t but it sure.
Speaker 4: Looked like similar to the Tony Pollard Yeah, you know, and Presscott and and Lamar Jackson's his same linebacker, Logan Wilson. He was able to come back, but then Burrow who Now. Then investigation is being launched by the league to see if something wasn't reported on an injury report as far as his wrist is concerned. But this does not look good for the Bengals.
Speaker 5: And Jerry talked about it how serious the NFL takes reporting injuries too by the.
Speaker 4: Way, Okay, so before we dive into what I was going to talk about about the quarterbacks around the league going down with injuries isn't anything we didn't know from what Jerry had to say on the radio this morning.
Speaker 5: Talked about his favorite stuff for Thanksgiving. It was the annual Thanksgiving, all the different kinds of either fall they would eat on Thanksgiving, and how when he was a kid, they would sleep three in a bed at the at the blind when they go hunting.
Speaker 4: This is now thirty four years of Jerry Jones thanksgivings already Thanksgiving Friday before Thanksgiving. Yeah, he do a duck call or anything.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't ask him for that. So and I wrote it down here because I needed this quote for my column for today. That was basically written, but it needed one more thing. And when he finished, Jerry said, remember Arizona, there you go. And I think that was two very key words for this team to make sure that they have see you should put that out first because to me, if you take a team lightly, it's not when you play, it's when you prepare, like during the week, because when you're out there playing, you don't lollygag around and go, well, this is not important.
Speaker 4: So when you look back at that Arizona week after two straight games which the Cowboys had won by a combined seventy to ten score against the New York teams.
Speaker 5: And the Cardinals were zero to two at.
Speaker 4: That time, and of course, playing with a quarterback that had gotten on campus in Phoenix. Did we know two weeks prior, it seemed like a gimme.
Speaker 2: And it did.
Speaker 5: And I think one of the things that we always forget about that game to point out is three fifths of their starters on the offensive line were missing. Now that has nothing to do with giving up twenty eight points, but still, but.
Speaker 4: The point you're making is it wasn't on Sunday when the issues arose. The issues arose during the week in preparation.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And that's to me when you take an opponent lightly. But you know, it's you're two and oh and it's just another for a Santa.
Speaker 4: Claus the room and wearing.
Speaker 5: Yes, which I need to tell Nate that I found out how much these Santa Claus get paid per hour. Yeah, you need to look into that, buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, man, wow, you got the you got the Santa Beard working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the light. But it's okay, it's okay, but it's okay. It's had that down.
Speaker 4: Some need to grow it out. Get you a red suit. Mm hmmm, he'd be a jolly old snap.
Speaker 7: You need to do that, man. I ain't want somebody bad kids crying.
Speaker 4: Have you ever have you ever played Santa Claus before?
Speaker 2: When I got to the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did a company like where at a store?
Speaker 7: Yes, one time at the mall, one time around the area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just for the Cowboys, I did it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Did they pay you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah they paid me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, Wow. I think he'd be a saying that kids would Yeah, they wouldn't be scared to go now tell me the.
Speaker 2: Truth, tell sound of the truth.
Speaker 5: Unless they didn't act right then.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 7: So yeah, y'all was talking about what y'all was talking about, Man, talk help me to the to the senior, update me, baby, download me whatever these young folks talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we were talking load me or whatever the word is.
Speaker 4: Did you see you of the game last night?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah man, it's it was.
Speaker 7: It was a decent game. I saw the kid couldn't finish the game. The great quarterback for Borrow yeah, you talk, you're talking about somebody if they would have gave him offensive.
Speaker 2: Line when he first got in the league.
Speaker 7: This this, these results, these results that you people are seeing is because the first two years in the league, this kid got beat to death. These are the results when you have a good quarterback with no offensive line, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it's all across the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list quarterback Joe Burrow on their injury report when the team posted a picture of him wearing a device on his wrist Wednesday night, and he appeared to be hampered by the injury early in the Thursday night game that he later left.
Speaker 5: Somebody said that when he got off the bus to walk into the stadium, he had that brayce Ona's wrist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, give him a fine and get past it. That's fellas.
Speaker 7: I'm about right, I am, I am, I'm about right. But the things that don't make this an issue.
Speaker 4: But see what I was thinking about with this is, especially now we are into November, yes, into late November, there are so many different injuries, yes, that players are dealing with that don't merit necessarily going on an injury report. They're going to play in the game and h and yet they're dealing with it and got devices on your body that are helping to heal that whatever's ailing you.
Speaker 5: Well, you want to see something. Yeah, this is Carolina's injury list from yesterday. There are thirteen guys on here. Now some of this is when you're a losing team, somehow injuries seem.
Speaker 7: To multiply, right, right, right, yes, the injury right, yeah, the players, Yeah, they the players that you know they hurt, but they have.
Speaker 4: But also in the interest of job security for a coaching staff, go ahead and list those injuries. You got ready made excuse there.
Speaker 5: And they already have. They had three guys that practiced full, but they had something right and that includes Bryce Young who was not on the list on Wednesday, but on Thursday they listed him as full. And then there's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven guys listed as limited and just two to three listed as did not practice. One of those I believe he's their starting corner CJ. Henderson. Is he the starter of the backup but he's got a concussion and he's he was listed as did not practice Hayden Hurst a concussion, their tight end, and Steven Sullivan another tight end with a shoulder. So but they got a long list of injuries. But here's how they're covering themselves right, listing all these guys on the injury report.
Speaker 7: But this is the road I wanted to go down, Fellas, real quick. These that that you have, you should have a major concern about, Uh, the league, don't and and and if Joe Burrow were the quarterback for any other team, he hadn't been to a super Bowl, if he was just the average NFL quarterback, not an issue. Don't make it an issue. Just I know we have to write about things. I know we have to, uh make everything dramatic, but just some things. I just think, Okay, the kid tried to play, he gave you a gallant effort. Now you're gonna punish the whole his team and everybody else for something device he had on his hand or they didn't report. If you're so scared about the gambling, disassociate disassociates yourself.
Speaker 2: With the gambling.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna do that because that's millions and billions of dollars. But don't, don't, don't go overboard. Just find the team and let's move on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because if if you had a cold and you basically went through practice and then the next day you were worse, It's like, oh, wait a minute, he had a cold on Friday.
Speaker 4: Put him on that injury report.
Speaker 5: Put them on the injury report.
Speaker 2: We go overboard with all the wrong things. The kid tried to play. Leave it alone. But that's what I believe, Nate Hell.
Speaker 4: Important is the quarterback position in.
Speaker 2: This league eighty five percent of the game.
Speaker 4: Eighty five percent of the game. When we come back here on mix Shots, let's discuss quarterbacks and where the Cowboys sit in relation to all these other teams in the league, now that all these injuries are occurring around the league. Mix Shots continues.
Speaker 8: At a moment, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the press.
Speaker 5: Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Two eleven, They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy sell and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescot's gonna run thish in show run it up the middle Andy scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 6: Monday morning swack, Brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 11: Miller Lite and the Cup the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: Demit shuts.
Speaker 2: K, Post Roofy and.
Speaker 5: Water Roofy, the official roofer of the Dallas.
Speaker 2: I got you. He thought I had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought he had the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He wasn't working off a script either. Mickey had to have a script.
Speaker 5: Now, I didn't for that that one.
Speaker 4: Mickey got the play calling duties back today.
Speaker 5: Wait till we get to rally Days.
Speaker 4: Oh, Rally Days is the next one.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, good, Although the script read rally Day, but I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 4: Okay. You saw my text last night, text with Nate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I got a comma sign man and tell him, man, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man? You tell me?
Speaker 4: Had you not heard? Okay?
Speaker 2: South Lake Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I'm actually instead of watching Thursday night football, I was watching my Carrol Dragons on the on their app game last night and at halftime of the game, they announced who's going into the south Lake Carrol Athletics Hall of Honor and one Trey Newton is going going into the Hall of Honors. Yeah, exted Nate and Trey. Maybe Trey didn't know until they announced it last night.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe he didn't. Man.
Speaker 5: Wow, I thought Bill was on the committee. That's why.
Speaker 4: No, No, I wouldn't. I should be.
Speaker 2: But all the kids you putting, all the money you invested in.
Speaker 4: All the recruiting I've done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, was congratulations. That's all you know. That's all you gonna get. Your text?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, because somebody text me Early, Hey, we need you on the show this one, Like.
Speaker 2: Wow, rearraged stuff. I don't want to let the brother mick Now.
Speaker 5: I thought I put a really strong hint on it last night.
Speaker 2: You did, you did?
Speaker 7: But I'm like, man, I went I was watching the game. Finally a game that was exciting on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Another note, I know Nate is humble and he didn't want to talk about it. But one other note on Trey, well that was I sent you the YouTube and so anybody else I run just YouTube Trey Newton State championship game. You'd like to see one of the best champion seventy four yard touchdown runs you've ever seen in a state championship game when they beat Nick Foles in Austin Westlake, which was like two thousand and six.
Speaker 5: I think didn't get you out of your seat.
Speaker 4: There's another video on there where it actually the TV broadcast shows Nate on the sideline and Nate's coming down the sideline after Trey a little slower than Trey going down the field, and then and Nate in the end zone. Trey comes to that corner of the end zone and Nate reaches out and he was ignoring you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's okay, he focused like his man.
Speaker 7: But yeah, that was a great thing from a baby man. I appreciate South of Lake doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so anyway, he didn't want to go down on that run.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't, And I think there's like eight defenders who got at least a hand on him. Yeah, so all right, quarterbacks in this league. Another one goes down last night, Joe Burrow just two days ago, same division, Deshaun Watson lost for the year, Cleveland Browns. And when you look around the league, it is I don't have the number in front of me.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna try and do this for you. Okay, Kirk Cousins out for the year. Justin Fields had been out and.
Speaker 4: He's coming back. Yeah, he's missed multiple games. So there's two.
Speaker 5: So now Burrow, Burrow's three. Car got Derek Carr last week for the Saints. I don't know if he's going to be able to play. You mentioned Deshaun Watson. He's on my list. Stafford had been and I.
Speaker 4: Think he may be back this week, but he's missed multiple games already. That's six. Daniel Jones out seven, out for the year.
Speaker 6: Tannehill.
Speaker 4: Did he Tannehill? I don't know if it.
Speaker 2: Was he was got knocked down and didn't he just forget.
Speaker 4: We're gonna mark him down his eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's eight, and then uh, you know, and then here they I don't know how.
Speaker 4: Many he met Aaron Rogers's not on your list there, that's right. N James is out. You're look he's and the reason it's not on the list, he's going down the stat sheet to the leaders.
Speaker 2: Of the league.
Speaker 7: And while he's talking and getting that together, it is only maybe ten quarterbacks in the league that are what you call I don't want to say they're more than service. Well, I want to find the right word, because.
Speaker 2: When you get to after ten.
Speaker 7: And you don't have great coaches in a great offensive line, they are just people that are point that was better than the other guys.
Speaker 4: Well, and in fact, then some of them are young guys like the guy the Cowboys are facing forty eight hours from now and bright Down who can grow into a really good quarterback in this league, but he's not there right now.
Speaker 7: Help and help went offensive coordinators slash the back. Coaches have to understand when you have a rookie who he is and what he can do. Only thing you have is the college film, and you cannot forsake that college film for your glory of you saying look at my system, look at it, it's so great to it doesn't fit this kid. But if this kid can learn while getting knocked out every other play.
Speaker 2: He will be great.
Speaker 7: That I stopped doing coaching clinics for one reason because the people that I was talking.
Speaker 2: To really wasn't listening.
Speaker 7: The only job that a head coach has our offense, if a defensive coordinator has, is to find out who your player is, build a system around them so they can be successful, and now you will be successful. It does not work the other way around.
Speaker 4: And what the Eagles have done with Jalen Hurts, this team's doing.
Speaker 7: With that Dak what the Ravens have done with withhi Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 4: And we're changing coordinators this year where they've expanded his game even more than what it was before.
Speaker 7: Even believe it or not, even the Cincinnati Bengals changed what they did when they got their young quarterback. They said, man, let's go get the guy who coached him in college and bring him here so he can help us move along.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 7: What they've done in Houston is what a lot of people lack. They found decent offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Somehow, even with a bunch of injuries.
Speaker 7: They found decent offensive lineman the last minute. They fixed together a staff that understands who this kid is.
Speaker 2: Fellas. I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 7: When you get outside of who you are as a quarterback, and I have one right here that I saw for the last two years, got outside of himself.
Speaker 2: And his name is Dakota Ryne Prescott.
Speaker 7: Who refused to let his legs help him win games.
Speaker 2: He did. It's okay to do it against the sub part.
Speaker 7: Five hundred teams, but when you face teams of equal talent are better. You have to play within yourself, not what the play caller design, not what you think is right, what you know is right.
Speaker 2: Dak has changed.
Speaker 7: People are like, oh man, I'm like y'all are at acting surprise?
Speaker 5: Well, they act like he hadn't done it before.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: And so when I see a quarterback that plays within himself now I can ride with dak as far as he want to go. I can ride with the kid with Cincinnati far as, because when you have that.
Speaker 2: Unique the kid is, Isn'tnati.
Speaker 7: The only thing that's stopping him from being neck and neck with the kid in Kansas City. The only thing that's stopping him from being one in one is the lack of protection. One had protection early in his career, the other one didn't.
Speaker 5: I got another quarterback for you too, Who is that? Richardson Colts Anthony Richardson. Yeah, another out for the year.
Speaker 2: Then you knew he was gonna get hurt.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, right, you had to know this kid coming from Florida, what's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 5: Because he was used to running and these are grown men.
Speaker 2: You slamming into.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was another one, another one, and yeah he got well, he got he got hurt and then they took his job.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But so I'm looking Atilla.
Speaker 5: There's like thirty some quarterbacks listed here.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: One guy on the list is Beigent. He's had They had to play right, play for fields, Dobbs had to play, got traded, Minshew playing for Richardson. Uh, picket did picket?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 5: Picket's another one hurt and he got hurt.
Speaker 4: Pi got hurt.
Speaker 7: And they still six and two fellas. Yeah, trust me when I tell you.
Speaker 4: And they're sitting pretty right now with the injuries in that build vision build.
Speaker 2: I could bring.
Speaker 7: I can go over to your whole broadcast studio who I work with every week and bring every one of them guys through here in gals, And I said, what's the first thing we need, oh another cornerback, another safety, another linebacker, and I go over here up there, bring them all down.
Speaker 2: What we need, oh man, another wide receiver.
Speaker 7: Man, because if we don't replace our offensive Randfellas and I'm talking about it, didn't Hurd See, everybody was talking about the draft. You better go out and freeate you see, and find you a competent offensive lineman this offseason. Please do trust me, because what you're building here now with C. D. Lamb possibly trying to get Cooks back another year, with the growth of Ferguson with now that you understand how important rico'donald is, I'm blaming this on the coaching staff. Now y'all found how important rico o'donnald is. Now we keep Tony, we keep ric O'Donnell, We start incorporating these young guys like Liple, keep finding what.
Speaker 2: They really can do.
Speaker 7: Uh, hoping Screwmaker can come to it, can come to his senses and just realize he can't catch the ball. Then now all you got to do is get one offensive lineman, one competent offensive lineman. You got still be coming back off and he'll be much better next year, promise you. Yep, Zach Martin still gonna have, gonna have, gonna be gonna be holding on.
Speaker 4: Is Tyler Smith's best position guarden?
Speaker 7: They can move him from guard after you go, after you make All Pro this year, moving not to tackle, after you go to the Pro Bowl, move him out to tackle. But sooner or later, I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen is y'all will be like, why is why is uh Smith? Because he gonna get tired of it sooner or later, and he's gonna be like, man, I don't want to be moving back and forth.
Speaker 2: I want to play one position.
Speaker 7: Then then we'll have a big bash report by Oh he's not a team player. No, some players take it from a player want to get somewhere and get good.
Speaker 5: I just read a story about Saquon Barkley, Yeah, because they were asking him is he all in for the rest of the season, because they were saying, well, you don't want all these carries on you. You go into free agency and they're gonna think you're an old running back when you need a contract. And he was like, I don't, I don't think that way. You know, I know it's a business, but uh, And they asked him about loyalty. He goes, WHOA, there's no loyalty in the NFL.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's no loyalty. But the thing is this right here.
Speaker 7: But that's what you're talking when you become a good player at one position and you and you say, okay, I'll move for the team, but the team don't don't take advantage of this person. Yeah you know, this ain't a running back position. This is a guy that you're talking about, got a possible minimum of nine years that he gonna play for. You don't don't have him discrimnold. And I don't care which position. I've always said, and I continue, I don't care which position you put him at. Put him there and let him play. I know where I know where he would be best used at. You know, if they put him at left tackle and he can flourish there, then that helped stack.
Speaker 5: Well, they need to start and they need to decide these backups they have on the offensive line, are they good enough to sink your teeth into to continue to develop them. How long did it take you to break in the starting line?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, see I had to.
Speaker 7: I got released, Remember I got released and went to the Bandits to the Tampa Bay Bandits.
Speaker 5: No, I mean when you got here.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: You asked how long it took the thing that, the thing that if development starts, where it starts.
Speaker 2: I came to the.
Speaker 7: Washington commander, right, got cut, immature, went to the Bandits. That's where I'm mature. Then I came here. Boy in the in the playbook just blew me away. I probably would have got cut or release because I couldn't. I couldn't grasp that playbook fast enough. Then they brought in another offensive line coach. The playbook got simpler. All of a sudden, Yes, all of a sudden. Now my second year, I'm starting.
Speaker 5: So in eighty seven, yeah, strike year eighty seven, Yes you started, Yes, that was your first time after.
Speaker 2: The strike year. Yeah, yeah, when you came back. Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, to your point, Nicky, okay, eighty three you were with Washington. Yeah, and then Tampa Bay eighty four and eighty five. Yes, so now eighty six, it's the fourth fourth year out of famue. Yes, when he come comes.
Speaker 7: To and then I comes to the Cowboys, and like I said, the playbook blew me away.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden.
Speaker 7: We brought in Jim Erkenbeck in eighty seven, I think it was, and that's when I started starting.
Speaker 2: And that what year was that eighty seven?
Speaker 4: Okay, now you're twenty six years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So to your point, Mickey, you've got these guys that you've drafted. You have them for four years until they become free agents if they're not a first round pick, and so the well, let's goes of the world, the Awesome Richards of the world.
Speaker 5: They're massive.
Speaker 2: I mean to take it to the bottom line.
Speaker 4: Six time pro bowler here. It was four years.
Speaker 2: Before I'm mature even, but.
Speaker 7: Your boy mature and now that dude is all pro type. Yes, that's why he was driving the first round. That's why I was a free agent. They saw something greater.
Speaker 2: In him than me. But my thing is this right here.
Speaker 7: If Awesome Riches is you got a consensus over there that he is your future. When training camp starts, whatever position you to decide to put Tyron I mean Taylor, you put him there and you let Awesome Richards and TJ Bass fight for that extra spot if you deem that they are ready, and you do not take them out much like we did for still.
Speaker 2: His rookie year.
Speaker 7: You live with the good and the bad because you believe in your heart that this kid can play.
Speaker 2: If you believe like that, you can be successful.
Speaker 7: But now if you're like, okay, well let's do the west lowestco let's go, let's do this all.
Speaker 2: Let's letting practice. Oh well he got hurt. Oh well, let's let him practice again.
Speaker 7: Well he got hurt. That ship done sailed. The other kid ball that ship done sells Now, it's bad. It's they may want them guys to be good. We'll be sitting here next year, if God is willing, I'll be running late, coming to y'all shore saying, man, what happened to me?
Speaker 2: Well, no, that ship doesn't sell. It's about t J.
Speaker 7: Bass, it's about awesome riches, and it's about some free agent guy out there that you know, I'm not a.
Speaker 2: Big believer in.
Speaker 7: You have to spend a first our second round pick if there, if they are there, you jump on them with everything you got.
Speaker 2: But if they're not there, you do not reach.
Speaker 4: Not reach a good number of first rounders who don't make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do not reach, right, you know?
Speaker 5: And he did say ship okay.
Speaker 4: And you gotta make up our picks when we come back. But one other note on those quarterbacks. Top four teams in the NFC, you would be well if you just look at the standings. You got Philadelphia in Dallas in the east, you got Detroit in the north, and you got San Francisco out west.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, they got lucky.
Speaker 4: What's their quarterback? But what's their quarterback situation this year as far as health at their quarterback.
Speaker 5: Party has the number one quarterback rating in the and he's and he's healthy.
Speaker 4: And you can go and Jared Goff's healthy, and Dack's healthy, and Jalen Hurts is healthy and you look too all that.
Speaker 5: A f healthy Mahomes is healthy and then.
Speaker 2: Jackson Baltimore basically getting healthy are healthy.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you now, eighty five percent of it is your quarterback, fifteen percent of is your offensive line, and the rest you just that happening.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: And Jerry pointed it out today, by the way, when they were talking about quarterbacks, and he pointed out that Troy is Troy just because he was headstrong his rookie year and was tough enough to get through Brian. He had to experience.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Bryce ain't the size of you know, you talking about the six ' five bronze built, two hundred and thirty five pounds golden child versus a five ten.
Speaker 2: Baby child. This what ain't gonna make it, bro. I saw him take some hits.
Speaker 7: I saw him take a hit, and I wanted to throw a penalty.
Speaker 2: But just because I think I saw this, I couldn't even see the kid.
Speaker 7: They hit him so bad, and when he fell on the ground, and he was so small because he tried to cover up the ball to when he balled up, you couldn't see nothing but the defensive lineman.
Speaker 2: I wanted to throw a flag. That was unfair. All right?
Speaker 4: We got the rally days breed when we come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six shots rally days.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 11: What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag in the smoker, Miller Light and the Cup America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Light the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The fresh guy who looks white. It's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped slapped.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a punch down. Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered, What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 10: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a school pepsi.
Speaker 4: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like. A mixed shuts.
Speaker 5: Head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, December ninth to experience Rally Days presented by seat Geek. Take a tour of AT and T Stadium, get autographs from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and alumni, play games, head outside to the Miller Lighthouse and even play on the field, and don't forget to get your photo taken with Santa Claus and Missus Santa Claus. Visit attstadium dot com Slash Rally Days for tickets and more information. Way to go Mickey, how about that, missus Nana Claus.
Speaker 4: Nate, you're looking at something on the NFL.
Speaker 2: Now, I was looking at the wild card, the playoff pitch it.
Speaker 5: With how many games to go?
Speaker 4: With six another?
Speaker 2: Let me say this, right, fellas, we got to win four more games in a row.
Speaker 4: At six and three right now.
Speaker 2: And we just got to win four games.
Speaker 4: And if you get to ten and seven.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I don't care about ten and so okay, I'm saying, if we win four more games in a row.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you got Carolina Washington.
Speaker 7: Really five counting this game, we got to win five games in a row. So we got to be so confident and so dominant in who we are and what we're doing, so we don't care who we play.
Speaker 5: So Nate and I are on the same page. I said, starting with the Giants, they needed to win four in a row to get to the Eagles game. And then when that important, right, and and then you gotta win it.
Speaker 7: Now, I say six in a row and beating the Eagles. It don't matter by the time they get to the Eagles, if they'll won enough games in a row, because.
Speaker 5: The hard game is the Seattle game, right, but that's before.
Speaker 2: That's the trust me.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is the hard game, right we as fans and media, we I don't care what Seattle looked like.
Speaker 2: We ain't talking about Seattle. That is the hard game.
Speaker 5: Right, and that's gonna be four in a row with Seattle. And that was my point.
Speaker 2: So when we beat Seattle.
Speaker 5: Then you gotta take care of it.
Speaker 7: Now you don't have to worry about Philadelphia because you're gonna be so.
Speaker 4: Confident and yeah, and you got the many buy before.
Speaker 5: I mean, they might have a loss, right they got to the Eagles.
Speaker 2: I don't care about.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Well, if you beat them, you don't care.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: I do not care about the Eagles. Mike McCarthy don't care about the Eagles. These people over here do not care about the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Today, next week, and the next weekend, the next week.
Speaker 7: Because as soon as you start caring about the Eagles over there, you start losing games.
Speaker 2: Over here here, you go, that's exactly right now, you don't care.
Speaker 5: I know you don't care. Now if you gotta.
Speaker 2: Beat them, I'm gonna tell you something this.
Speaker 7: I used to think that, and players do care because I remember one time we was on the run and it was getting ready to towards the end of the season. We needed to win some games, you know, because because I think the forty nine is well ahead of us.
Speaker 2: And I was like, man boy, we got to get through this game. Yeah, like I said, yeah, we better get through the game because a couple of UIs we got forty nine Like what d Yeah, you're right, play Baker, we had. I'm like, now, I looked at them like, yeah, man, y'all stars every day. I gotta think about it the next thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's what's good about this stretch right here. Yeah, there's so many games coming at you so fast. You just take care of the next thing in front of you.
Speaker 2: That's how.
Speaker 5: And that's why I think they don't get caught up with taking somebody for granted, because they understand that just beating the Giants didn't prove anything. You've got to win these four games, right and so, and it includes Carolina. Can't take it for granted. And so there's importance to it. Where that Arizona game at two and no, okay, we got to play a.
Speaker 4: And had you beaten Philadelphia at Philly, then you're like oh, okay, we've got we have some cushion now, but now they don't.
Speaker 5: They got no no cushion. There's no You got to keep winning.
Speaker 4: Okay, we got to make our picture. We got to like a minute or two.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So, but but Rashaun Evans is going to be active for this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll find a way to give you the fifty three man roster. And you know who's close too, is Peyton Hendershot because he's started to return. So no catch the ball? No, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, No, we don't need no hinder Shot. We got Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 5: No, now he's like the third tight end. We don't need him.
Speaker 2: Just let us stay on the practice squad.
Speaker 7: We do not need him. We got Schoolmaker, we got uh Jason.
Speaker 4: That way, Hendershot is not on the practice squad. He is on injured reserve.
Speaker 2: The stay there, stay there, son, stay there.
Speaker 4: Wait until you need him. Yeah, you don't need to make You need to clear out a roster spot for Rashawn Evans, right, yes, need to clear out two rosters.
Speaker 7: The coach yesterday, I talked the coach yesterday. I taught the coach d Q the head coordinator. Davis coordinated like, man, I need a shot, Evans, that's my third line. Oh yeah, oh yeah this hot hot shotow no hot shotow hender.
Speaker 5: Shot in place of McEwan.
Speaker 2: Who is McEwen? There you go? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Who is all we need is Jake Ferguson and schoonmaker but school see. I like his name because if you Elvi start catching the ball, he's like a big schooner in the ocean, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, sneak schoonmaker. Come on, man, I ain't gonna let you get it out, Chris, Chris. We need overtime here, Okay.
Speaker 5: So here's ever since picks. We do it, gentlemen, welcome to overtime.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 5: He is picking to click Stefan Gilmour with one interception because he's a former panther. Okay, and score thirty one ten okay, good, good, all right, and let me get you to Savannah who keeps taking my picks by the way she is taking and I think we're gonna uh special dispensation for this game because he didn't have a he zeroed out.
Speaker 4: I'm taking him. I want him.
Speaker 5: He's got to make up parsons. Okay, here and not too.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 4: I wanted to take it. He's gonna have like three sacks this week.
Speaker 5: She's got the Cowboys winning twenty eight seventeen.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: Good, And then we have Nate Newton that gets to join us. Here, you get a hundred to nothing again.
Speaker 7: No, it's fifty one zip. Okay. I'm trying to get two hundred and two games.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 7: You know we got forty nine, now fifty one. I need fifty one to zip. These guys should sniff. If they get past the fifty, I'll be disappointed.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: And you got a player you got your eye on that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm going with Jake ferguson the rest of the year, the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: Fourth straight game of the touchdown catch here. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: After much deliberation, I came up with thirty eight to thirteen because Carolina in the last three games has scored fifteen, thirteen and thirteen. Is that what you got close? That's half of them, thirty eight thirteen. And the other thing is that when they've played really good teams Detroit in Miami, they scored forty two points in each of those. In thirty seven against Seattle, So I got thirty.
Speaker 4: Eight, So why do you have thirty eight if they had forty two?
Speaker 5: I'm kind of in between.
Speaker 4: So that's my pick is forty two to thirteen Dallas because when they played the Jorit in Miami, they gave up forty two. So Dallas gets forty two. And they had thirteen against Chicago, thirteen against Indianapolis and thirteen against Minnesota, and so they're getting thirteen points. It's forty two thirteen to final score and.
Speaker 5: Pick the click. We're going to do it. Either three of us are going to be right or I'm not going to noa.
Speaker 4: Y'all take Micah.
Speaker 5: Okay, y'all take Micah and Micah.
Speaker 2: Who do you want?
Speaker 4: I'm going with Tony Pollard. Okay, it's time for Tony Pollard.
Speaker 5: They use him, right, he will Otherwise it's ric O'Donnell, yes, because they will run on this team.
Speaker 4: By the way, there you go.
Speaker 5: All right, Nate, thanks for sitting in, man.
Speaker 2: I love it, man, getting go, Jake Ferguson, get.
Speaker 5: It straight on the tight ends and the old line.
Speaker 7: Okay with Schoonmaker and Jake Ferguson. Is their names right? The other guy name is hot Shot.
Speaker 4: Hot Shot and que him up.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm just joking, fellas. Don't go back over and tell them kids. I love them kids.
Speaker 5: Don't do that next time you're on with us. We want nicknames for all the rest of us.
Speaker 4: No, we don't want to go done that.
Speaker 2: Remember now his mix this show me and fifteen.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, nickey, you want to take us out, then take us out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, because some no Nate'll do it.
Speaker 4: What is that taking?
Speaker 5: Everson says after every show.
Speaker 2: Oh, he stole from me. Go Cowboys. I stopped saying it once I saw him saying.
Speaker 4: We will shout at you again on Monday high noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.