Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Stenovek along with Isabelle Lee. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move this week. We are joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Parnell. How are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you guys doing? We's taking a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a little party in here and we're going to continue the party and keep it going. Not a party if you're long in this market? What did you find her cheek?
Speaker 3: I actually have a pretty mixed group, some good, some bad. We can start off with one of the goods. So Brown Foreman, that's ticker BF slash B jump nineteen percent this week to notch its biggest weekly gain since nineteen ninety three. That's after the firm Conformed confirmed that it was in talks with Pronol Recard to merge amid an industry wide downturn. So despite the party, people aren't really drinking these days, and as consumer tastes continue to change, people are thinking that the combo of Perno's brands like Absolute Vodka and Jamison Irish whiskey could mesh well with Brown Foreman's whiskeys as well, So we'll take a look and keep an eye out for it. JP Morgan still says that while the deal makes strategic sense, it's unclear how the family will actually vote.
Speaker 1: They have voting control. It's in generations. I mean we're talking about the parent company of Jack Daniels. Like this goes back many, many.
Speaker 3: Years since nineteen ninety three. Is really Oh for just the stock performance this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: What's next? ESTI Latter is my mom's favorite makeup brand.
Speaker 2: Oh, I am my.
Speaker 3: Mom's favorite brand as well.
Speaker 2: That's you think.
Speaker 1: I don't hear of a lot of young people in my friend group, okay, favoring it, and.
Speaker 3: That may be part of the problem. It's dropped twenty two percent this week. That's after the beauty company confirmed it was in talks to merge with the Spanish brand Pooge, which some of us may know their brands like Charlotte Tilbury and Carolina Herrera which at least for me with her fume, big fan. But a lets say that while the merger could boost STU Latter's fragrances segment. There's still a lot of questions about whether the timing is right when Stu latter is still in the very early stages of recovery.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have one last very quick energy Yes.
Speaker 3: Entergy tigger et R gained ten percent this week, hit a record high and also close at its highest level since nineteen eighty. That's after Meta agreed to fund seven gas plants to provide electricity to a data center that it has in Louisiana. And Yeah, Jeffrey says that energy remains the best way to invest in data centers through utilities. Your size and scopes are fantastic since nineteen eighty, since nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 1: This is what you have to know about Avalon prow.
Speaker 2: I know I'm feeling stuck.
Speaker 1: It comes to play.
Speaker 2: You're great.
Speaker 1: You definitely beat me when I do the mover, So.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: There's room for everybody here.
Speaker 2: Why don't you have both of us?
Speaker 1: That'll be fun.
Speaker 3: It'll be a fifteen minute segment.
Speaker 1: That sounds great. That's Avalon. She's Bloomberg News Equities reporter. Here. For more conversations like this, check out our new Stockmovers podcast. You can subscribe for five minute episodes on the biggest winners and losers in the stock market. Checkout Stockmovers and Apple, Spotify or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.