Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back our number two Kentucky Sports Radio, Ryan Drew and Shannon matt Is Steal in Amsterdam. He'll be back on Monday. So it's been a long time since he's been gone, because well, we were we were in Milwaukee, we were in Nashville for a week. We're in Milwaukee for a week. We're in Indianapolis for Yahday.
Speaker 4: You were in Florida for a week, and I was in Florida for a week. I tell you, it felt really long to me last week, very lonely.
Speaker 2: Drew Pealuza was a huge success. Though huge success. By the way, I have a new favorite, did you. I don't know if you saw the UK baseball game last night, but there was a dude wearing a banana costume plate like he was doing like jumping jacks behind home plate. Shannon, he's my new whoever you are, dude, you're my new favorite.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it. I don't know how I missed it, but maybe we need to get you in a banana suit right next to him again. I would do it, dueling bananas.
Speaker 2: I would do it. I would put the banana suit on a stand behind a home plate like you cause there was you know, the crowd a small and behind home plate. That camera shot from centerfield. Do you only see like maybe fifteen people? And here he is in a banana suit doing like jumping jacks behind home plate. So whoever you are, dude, shout out to you. You did a great job.
Speaker 4: When you get back out there. We went to a game early together. Yes wee me, you and Manny out there in left field, had right fun, loved it. I think their next home game is it Louisville?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Yeah, I figure they're at Tennessee Tennessee this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I turned down a trip because nobody wants to spend free time in Knoxville. But uh, let's get back out there soon. I always have fun. It's been a while for me. I haven't seen any of the SEC games yet.
Speaker 2: Uh so full lines will be open eight five nine two two tweet seven.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go join us over here. So yeah, Mario Mitch McConnell's new best friend.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Shannon, you had a studio full of celebrities. Terry Miners had Mitch McConnell, and even Super Mario was there walking around the studios yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that Mario got some clips of Mitch McConnell, but I was just I didn't see it at first. I just heard it and I thought it was you Ryan.
Speaker 2: So did you did you get a meet? I did get the Senator.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I met him.
Speaker 8: I was more fascinated with the agents, the agents that they had, the special agents. They were obviously you like when you think about agents for that work for the government, you think that they're like serious. They weren't serious. They're like really nice. The Secret Service agents they were like really nice. So that kind of threw me off a little bit. How did you think there was like RoboCop was gonna be there with them? I mean, they have personalities. Thought they're gonna be like serious and like, you know, really professional about it.
Speaker 7: They're like regular people.
Speaker 2: Did they have to did you have to check you, check you out, patch you down?
Speaker 7: Didn't? I was expecting that. I was a little nervous.
Speaker 4: I was checking.
Speaker 7: I was checking my backpack.
Speaker 4: I was like, my good make sure I took all that out of there.
Speaker 2: So did you ever did you get to talk to Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 7: Yes, I did.
Speaker 3: You know, we met him and you know, he what was that conversation. What did you say? I want to know, Like with the dialogue.
Speaker 7: I said, how you doing, senator? And he was like, I'm good and good? How were you, sir? And then it was over with. It was that you.
Speaker 4: On the show. We should have a Mitch mcconaughll off here you all debate each other.
Speaker 7: Not as good as Ryan.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be Mitch McConnell. You be you, and you like meet me for the first time.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, A right, all right?
Speaker 7: How you doing, senator?
Speaker 3: Are you sir?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 7: I'm Mario. How you doing, Mario?
Speaker 2: It was nice to meet you, Darrio. It's a pleasure. I hear great things about you on that Indiana sports radio.
Speaker 7: He did not say that, but I was spot on right, that was definitely spot on.
Speaker 4: Did you feel more pressure, uh, you know, making your videos with him than you do, say a Ryan Lemon here.
Speaker 7: Not really? Uh, he was, Uh.
Speaker 8: It was kind of hard to like, uh, and this is no knock against him, but to keep up with the interview. Usually when I'm recording, I kind of you know, I'm listening to what they're saying. He was a little bit harder because I'm not gonna lie. He's not the most interesting, you know, speaker. But you know, like I said, it was it was cool to be in I guess his presence.
Speaker 2: So was your job yesterday just to kind of shoot some video clips of Terry interviewing him and then posted on the social media?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was That was my job.
Speaker 8: Basically, I get in there, you know, whenever they have a guest, I show up and then produce clips. Whatever Terry wants to do, I kind of do it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the comment section on those posts were.
Speaker 7: Great, they were very interesting. A lot of people had a lot to say.
Speaker 2: Well, you've been on there a couple other times? Have they been other guests?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I do.
Speaker 8: I work with both shows, like Tony and Dwight his Morning their morning show I work with, and then Terry's kind of the afternoon they've had. Typically every time I had I come, they have a guest, like whether it's like with an adoption adoption fund, like Tony and Dwight had an adoption fund come on, and you know Terry, he kind of mixes it up all types of people coming there, and you know, they talk about what they got going on.
Speaker 4: So I forget about us. We know how hard they like usually across the whole company, as they should. You're very talented your assets, I heard. But don't forget the little people.
Speaker 7: Drew, y'all know, y'all are home. Bro, y'all are home. I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 4: You haven't. You haven't shared a hotel room with Mitch McConnell. He didn't stay up watching Gilbert Arena's YouTube with you. Remember where home is?
Speaker 3: But what's McConnell's consistency rate versus Ryan? Would Mitch? Would you say it would be a lot more consistent than Ryan.
Speaker 7: He's a little bit more consistent, a little bit more consistent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never met him. I've never met him. Oh well, I don't think I've ever been in the same room with him. Oh yeah, yeah, we're at fancy Farm. I've set at his desk.
Speaker 4: You said, yeah, uh, are you supposed to say this? I've said it before. I put my feet up. I got a photo floating around there. Somewhere, many many, many years ago. I was getting a tour of the Capitol and they were like, well, we have to show you the Kentucky Office, And no one was in there and like, would you like to sit at his desk? And I was like would I? Yeah, I got to be McConnell for about two minutes. It's Capitol one day.
Speaker 7: You got to see that picture.
Speaker 8: What blows me away, Drew is like how long he's been in Like he's been in office for a long time that I didn't notice.
Speaker 7: I didn't know he's he's been like there.
Speaker 8: I don't know what's the the exact amount, but he's been there for a while.
Speaker 4: One hundred and forty two years. Actually, yeah, it's a record.
Speaker 2: It's so much. Some guys even write a book about him.
Speaker 4: Did it come up about Matt. He and Matt aren't like the best of friends. They're not like Ron and Shannon. They're not vacationing together. Was it awkward at all?
Speaker 8: No, he didn't say anything about Matt. I don't even think he knows that I worked for a Matt right for the best.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yea, that is what it is.
Speaker 4: Well, great job. We're glad to have you back. Thank you. We're a little jealous that I heart's sharing you with everyone else now, but we understand why continue to do good work, even if it's with senators and not with Ron.
Speaker 7: Thank you, man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you can join us this conversation, du because really this is kind of for Shanning, but you can join us on this one.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: You know we talked about Jeff Bezos rocket ship Space Shuttle that went up in the space with Katie Perry and his wife and.
Speaker 3: Gil King, Gil Gail King.
Speaker 2: Well, now there's a bunch of controversy about this, Shannon. Have you seen this all this controversy about the.
Speaker 3: Was it real? Is it stage?
Speaker 2: Was in CGI? Are you following all this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So there's you know, some Internet sleuths out there who believe that this didn't take place in space. It actually took place in a studio. Does that sound familiar to anybody who doesn't believe in the moon landing. There's some people that are claiming that, you know, you see in the video that Katy Perry and all of them are floating around. They're saying that they were actually in water floating it. This whole thing was a CGI Hollywood production and that it didn't actually happen in space. Do you believe that? Is there anything to the conspiracy?
Speaker 4: Anybody? I like a good conspiracy. I'll step in here. I'll say, this is in your wheelhouse. I believe they went. But did you see the clip of them open the door and close it real quick? Yeah, that was sunny. They acted like Jeff Bezos had to like get this big drill and open the door from the outside, and right before he walks up to it, they opened it from the inside and the woman's like, no, no, go back in and close it. We can all see it, like we saw them open the door. And then a minute later, Jeff's like, all right, now we're gonna let him out, and he gets this drill and even when he's drilling, the door opens again. So I believe they actually went somewhere, but it was still over the top. They certainly staged the door opening because they opened it. You could see them and they're like, no, no, close, close, We've seen.
Speaker 5: That, drew.
Speaker 3: That was weird.
Speaker 7: They couldn't like edit it out or anything like that. That was kind of that was strange. The door.
Speaker 8: It looked like the door was slightly opening and then he kind of pulled it back.
Speaker 7: The dude pulled it back and grab his tool.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to open that.
Speaker 2: They can't deny that. I mean, we all saw it. The door's opening from the inside, they shut it back. Then he comes out with his screw hammer, jack hammer whatever he.
Speaker 4: Toolie had, and Katy Perry is saying that their trip is uniting the whole country. Come on, let's calm down. You went on, you went on a ride. Yeah, you went on. You took a ten minute ride. I mean, I'm sure it was fun and it's neat that we get to do that now, But I don't I don't feel that unified with anyone or thought it was that SPARI I said this yesterday, But there are plenty of women who are at NASA or all these other operations doing lots of good things. They could have highlighted them. Why does Katy Perry have to go take a lap around and then come back and tell us she's changing the world? Stick to American idle. Katie saying, some people saying it was CG.
Speaker 2: I like even the landing, the landing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're saying all of it CGI. So you know, again, conspiracy theorist if you want to believe that.
Speaker 4: But which I'm one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the landings, what you know, may have a little validity because it looked like they landed pretty hard, but yet they walked out.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, we're just fine. You know we're a seat belts on, buckle.
Speaker 2: Up, put your phone down.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 4: They said Katie was up there singing something about what a wonderful world? Yeah, what are we doing? We have enough problems down here on our own planet. We didn't stop going other planets unless we're actually accomplishing something.
Speaker 8: They said they were up there for like eleven minutes. So you guys think that was too long or too short.
Speaker 4: I think it's dumb. I think eleven seconds was dumb. Put that put all that effort in those resources to doing something that matters, not sending Katy Perry up there to sing wonderful.
Speaker 2: World's money start to waste to send to those four up there.
Speaker 4: For sure, I'm going to cancel my Amazon subscription. That got me so fired up.
Speaker 3: I tried to one time. I couldn't couldn't do it, got it, couldn't go two weeks without it.
Speaker 4: Somebody's got to pay for Katie Perry's roll track.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take our break, go back to find as we come back, But I do want of them. Just mentioned one thing for we go to break. This is kind of sad. You know, each community's got their one guy who's like everybody's coach. He coached little league coaches at the high school. He's like everybody's coach. Well, Morgan County was a guy by the name of Donnie mackenzie. And Donnie touched a lot of lies Morgan County and sadly he just passed away this week. Uh So I've seen a lot of people kind of reach out and you know, praising his what he did for that community. Always trying to do what's better for the best, for the kids, and I can put them on the right track. But so we want to give Donnie McKinzie a little shout out from over in Morgan County and rest in peace and prayers to all you and your families. All right, Well, take our break, come back eight five nine two two two eight seven. Ryan Drew and Channon and Dario here on Kentecky Sports Radio. Welcome back, Can thank you Sports Radio, Ryan Drew and Shannon with Dario Super Dario as labeled now by Mitch McConnell, who's our sponsor to this segment.
Speaker 4: Drew, Ah, we are brought to you by our friends at Don Franklin. The Spring event is happening now. You can choose from over six thousand new and certified pre owned vehicles no matter your situation. Don Franklin has tools and the experience to help you find your perfect vehicle to fit your budget and lifestyle. With the largest inventory of new, used and certified pre owned vehicles in the state, with over six thousand vehicles and twenty seven dealerships across the Bluegrass, the Don Franklin family is here to serve all of your auto needs. Plus their tenure unlimited mile powertrain coverage is available for most makes and models, so you can hit the road in a safe, reliable car. It's a new selection of twenty twenty five models Chevy, Buick, GMC, Nissan, Chrisler, Dodge, bram Bow. There's a lot of these Fiat, Kia, Mitsubushi, Ford, Lincoln, Genesis, Cadillac and Toyota. What do they not have? My goodness, score big at your local Don Franklin dealership or steer your way over to Don Franklin Auto dot com on Franklin Auto driven by family. Not related to me, but there's still awesome.
Speaker 2: I just went through the Bavies and glass Tex machine and like ninety percent of them are about.
Speaker 4: Taxes Kentucky Tax Radio today.
Speaker 2: Well goodness, so all right, go back to the phone line, Shannon. Who he got, Judy, Judy, go ahead, Judy.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, jud.
Speaker 10: When I heard about the beautiful day, when I heard about Wilkerson, I got online and looked at some of his comments and other people's comments, and that dude wanted to be the guy. He wanted to pay thirty five minutes. I think UK actually offered him a little bit more money, but he would.
Speaker 5: Not have fit in.
Speaker 10: Dirises. I am glad he's not coming, And really I think he's just a pray to competition.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: And I didn't like his language. I just I just I just didn't feel good about him. I don't think he would have fit in. You're all comments about that, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, J appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Jay's out.
Speaker 2: We try to, you know, we kind of mentioned that that maybe it's a blessing in disguise, that maybe somebody like that would not be a good fit with what Pope has tried to do. And we saw it this year when he brings in these guys from all over the place, just to play a specific role, maybe the role that this guy would have had. And you know, with you know, Pope didn't play anybody more than what twenty five thirty minutes. Maybe this guy thought he should get thirty five forty minutes. You know who knows. But I think there may be a little truth to what Judy is saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's what Kenzei's kind of up against. When you have twelve guys right now, all capable of playing minutes and expecting to play whoever they're gonna go to next, It's gonna happen again. I'm sure another school will be on the list saying here, we'll put you on the posters, give you the ball you want, come here. But at Kentucky, you know you're gonna have to be part of something bigger and assuming always back and with the pieces they've already added, you're unlikely you're gonna be the star. No matter what, You're gonna have to buy into the role that Pope's is trying to put you into.
Speaker 2: I just don't I'm and obviously they need a shooter, and obviously that's one thing he can do. I just don't know if at just the comments he made on the field of sixty eight kind of made me like think, oh, maybe that maybe it wouldn't have been such a good fit, even though that even though that's the one spot you need, you need a shooter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, who knows about him. Maybe it is a blessing. It's hard to really say how he feels. We don't know him. And that was one comment, but it did show what Indiana was selling versus what Kentucky's selling. So, you know, as I said, it was a loss because Kentucky went all in. But sometimes you just can't match a team that's got five pieces and plenty of shots to go around when Kentucky has what they have. So it just is what it is. It's not I don't think this is like, you know, head to head Pope versus Devrees, Dvrye, whatever his name is, that it's a big indictment on Pope. I just Indiana had much more they could give him, including maybe even putting someone in Stata happen here. So and if you're Wilkinson and you're probably not going pro and they offer you all that, I mean, I'm a Kentucky so I'd say I wouldn't. But if you're him from Arkansas, you could understand. Why sure, I'll go be the guy and bring my mentor with me and get a little more money.
Speaker 3: Shannon, who's next, Wayne?
Speaker 4: Wayne?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Wayne, thank you.
Speaker 11: I want to talk about two issues, the tax issue and also the NECO issue. Let's start with a tax issue. So just everybody is aware of the fact that if you're a Kentucky resident and you are an employee, then what happens is if you play a game and say Indiana or Kentucky, they have what we call reciprocal agreements or arrangements. What that means is that you will not pay income tax and for the time you spent in Indiana or the time you spend in Kentucky. But again it goes back to you have to be Kentucky resident and the only income you have in that other state is employee income. Now, I don't know about the n L agreements. If they are, I assume that the in this case, the athletes are employees of the university. I just don't remember exactly how that was set up. So hopefully that clarify is that and I guess if they're not considered an employee, they would be considered an independent contractor. In that case, they would have to pay income tax in a state where they played a game, right, whether they be.
Speaker 2: Just to clarify, I think that's where the wrestlers are involved in and something like that. So what else you got for us?
Speaker 11: We'll talk about the Nico situation, but I have a different spin on it, and I know what Tennessee did. They basically said they're walked away from and said you're on your own. But normally, in this case, they signed. I guess Nico probably signed a four year contract with Tennessee. So if he basically decided he was still going to be part of the team but he was going to sit out, then I think one way to stop all these issues would be after the seasons oversue him for breach of contract and damages. And I want to make it clear the damages would be if they expected to win ten games as an example, and the only one four, well, because of that the six games they lost, the revenue for ticket sales was decreased. They lost revenue because the concession stands, and they lost revenue because of parking or whatever else they sell.
Speaker 2: This is getting complicated, you down. Yeah, So Wayne, we appreciated, buddy. I know there's you're getting way into the weeds, and I know you're probably right, but it's way over my head and probably most of our listeners not even gonna hear him out, not even gonna hear him about I mean, I know what he's saying, but it's I don't have an answer for him.
Speaker 4: So you can.
Speaker 2: You can talk all the tax lingo jingo you want. I know, I I'm not gonna say, well, you're probably right, but nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 4: That's a cliffhanger. I don't know what he was gonna say about Nico. I think I was hanging on to every word, but I guess you're you're, you're, you will stop.
Speaker 2: Turning and will stop turning. My ADHD kicked in long before he got the Nico. All right, who's next, Shannon Blake? Blake just blocky, blocky, go ahead, block block block A.
Speaker 12: Uh yeah, I just want to talk about Wilkerson. I don't think it's that big of an issue. Like, I get that we lost it, but I think with the timing of a Kaden Lewis kind of leaving, I think we'd already gone in thinking that we had a back like another ball handler, and we were looking for only a shooter. But now this gives us a chance to go and get a combo guard that could be that kind of secondary ball handler if we needed it, and a shooter. Right, So overall, like I think the timing of it. You know, we'd probably already made plans with Wilkerson with a KAYT and Lewis in mind and like having him on the staff, and that probably like changed within a couple of days of him supposed to be meeting. So overall, I think it's I'm kind of excited about it because I think now we can go try to fill the two gaps we need, which is shooting and a backup point guard. With Wilkerson, we wouldn't have had the extra ball handler. I I don't know how well he could have done that, but I think that now we have two needs and not just the one that we were looking for originally with the Kaiten Lewis lead.
Speaker 2: There you go, Blake, that's what we needed. That's our whiskey thief call today, a little positive spin on what we're looking at. Because most people felt like we needed a shooter and a backup point guard. Why not go just get one guy Drew that can do both.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 4: I think there's a little truth for that. Shout out whiskey thief, go to the new location in New lou or at the farm. Uh yeah, Cay and Lewis leaving really messed up the plan all the way around. And part of him leaving was because the plan got messed up when they got a junior instead of a senior at point guard. But they hadn't really been shopping for a guy that's a primary ball handler to back up low until Lewis stepped away. You know, he had already taken up a lot of the nil money. You thought that spot was filled, and now they're kind of having to regroup and see how they want to finish out the back court. But with him leaving, you also have whatever Kayden Lewis was getting, You got that to spend. But him leaving at the time he did changed a lot of things. Who maybe kerk Crease it doesn't even leave if if Lewis decommits in February and not a week ago, there's a big domino effect with all of that.
Speaker 2: You know, I ain't thought about that, but yeah, if Lewis had decommitted earlier. That may have made a big difference in how the roster shaped out. A point guard.
Speaker 4: Maybe Pope and the staff had an indication Lewis leave behind the scenes. It seemed to blindside everyone else, so I don't think they did. Even his dad was tweeting Kentucky things all wait until the last minute, so that that kind of threw off everything they were shopping for. So the caller could be right. Getting someone that can do a little bit of both might be the direction they go.
Speaker 2: Now, has there been any schools linked to Kayden Lewis yet?
Speaker 4: Villanova? I saw Marylyn mentioned he's from the DC area. He's probably gonna stay close to home. Who knows, maybe Rick will Rick will get him. But I would watch that East Coast Northeast.
Speaker 2: You know, they say you should never meet your your idols, your heroes, and it was very evident that Panama City Beach last week with them Shannon and me. Shannon got to meet one of these idols and it didn't go as well as we thought it was going to. The guy's name is Jean Mitchell. Shannon loves him from Jean Mitchell. He's like a lounge singer. It plays at all the restaurants and bars down there in Panama City. Shannon's big hero got to meet him. And then Shannon, he didn't leave.
Speaker 3: No, it turned out he had a little Kentucky Joe in them, like he wouldn't leave you alone. Ryan brought him over. Like I always joke about it, all right, it's this local guys, this old cheesy guy that gets up there and he plays uh covers and you know, entertains everybody there at the local restaurants. And I brought Ryan and yoga girl to this place, going you got to see this local legend, Jean Mitchell. Ryan thinks, oh, I'm gonna, I'm gonna it be funny to bring him over here and get a picture with Shannon. Well, the joke turned out to be on you, Ryan, because he would not stop talking to you.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't leave.
Speaker 3: He took a liking to you.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: He stayed there.
Speaker 2: For like thirty minutes and was kept talking and kept talking.
Speaker 3: And then I felt like every song from that point four was dedicated to you. He did play Hooting the Blowfish, Shooting the Blowfish. He look over and give you a little wink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, played Darius Rutger Wagon wheel.
Speaker 4: You got a wink?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got a wink?
Speaker 4: Was there more of this friendship than we're knowing about?
Speaker 3: Shannon?
Speaker 2: Is like, Man, I know you've got a lot of albums. I listened to all your albums and that just like Liddy's light Bulb by Oh, I have a real fan here. I'm gonna stay here and talk to him.
Speaker 3: Well, truth be told, I haven't heard any of them, but but I saw that he does have a He's got a bunch of I guess stuff that he wrote. So everybody go follow Gen Mitchell on social media. Let's see any Kentucky random followers. We can get this guy, Gen Mitchell.
Speaker 4: Did you find him on Twitter?
Speaker 3: Is he on Twitter?
Speaker 4: On his website?
Speaker 3: He's on Facebook? I know, Okay, look him up and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Can you pull up one of these songs. We'll play it maybe the next segment coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see if I can find that.
Speaker 2: We got to go on to Gen Mitchell song, Shannon's big hero, his idol.
Speaker 4: I think there's more to this Gene Mitchell Ryan story than we're getting right what happens in.
Speaker 3: Right Back.
Speaker 2: This is Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: TJ Smith Personal Injury attorney called tj He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: So this is Gene Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Dude, how can you not like this? I mean, Jimmy Buffett used to open up for Gen Mitchell. That's how big Gene is.
Speaker 2: How did this guy not become a superstar with songs like my Corona?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, you mean, how is he not? He is a big star.
Speaker 2: He is a big star in your mind. A Sharky's in Runaway's in Panama City. That's about it.
Speaker 3: He's a local legend. But you were laughing his name.
Speaker 4: You were laughing. But as someone who hasn't had a vacation in a while, this actually makes me want to go sit on the beach of the I gotta say, Geen Mitchell, waste this is. This is pretty good. It's taking me to a place i'd like to go.
Speaker 2: I will say this, Shannon, you'll back me up on this. He was much better than the guy they had the previous night.
Speaker 3: Oh, like Drew, we had a guy that was like it was just him and a guitar. But like when the drum part came up. You know, he didn't have any other instruments, so he would just beatbox it with his with you, with his voice.
Speaker 4: You know, whole min.
Speaker 3: It wasn't good. It was good beat boxing. Yeah, it was just like it's not like Ryan what he just did there.
Speaker 4: I'm enjoying this like a little beach music.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just let let Mitchell play a little bit here.
Speaker 4: I must have missed this last week during Drew Paluza. I was a little busy. But you tweeted a picture with Jean Mitchell. Yes, we did, and looks like a guy who likes the party and that that is no way that's his hair. But Shannon and Yoga Girl and Sarah said, his.
Speaker 7: Hair's not his hair.
Speaker 4: His hair, that's great hair.
Speaker 3: Everybody that has hair that's over the age of forty Ryan says, that's not their real hair.
Speaker 2: Carl Ravitch, Jean Mitchell, he kind of himself not their real hair.
Speaker 4: He kind of has the same haircut I have going on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Maybe I've got a little Geen Mitchell in me. I like Geen Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Well, he's performing nightly at Runaway. He's down at Panama City Beach. If you want to go check you out.
Speaker 3: Go see Jean, tell him KR sent you.
Speaker 2: Oh my hey, boom chicken a boom boom boom boom eight five, nine, two, two eighty seven.
Speaker 4: Who's our collars? Shannon?
Speaker 9: Leave it o?
Speaker 3: Gene plays going in the background, the background, Johnny, Johnny, go ahead, Johnny, you're off with Gen Mitchell.
Speaker 14: Hey, guys, st IM's just been watching the football trench reportal since it opened this morning, and I've noticed we've already lost like two or three offensive line and a couple defensive line. On the defensive back. One of them was the big guy from New Mexico. I thought he was going to be a starter of this fall. He's only on campus for a couple of months. Any idea what's going on there?
Speaker 2: I appreciate the calle Johnny, good question. I mean I knew they lost their backup offensive right tackle at hand into the portal. There may be some others hit this morning that I haven't seen. Drew, have you see anybody else?
Speaker 4: No, he's right, it just opened. I'm trying to react to news here. I said, I was in the dentist chair. I didn't see you this morning. They lost a couple guys the Anthony Crease. Uh I saw that yesterday. Uh Cuavo Marshall the cornerback. Some guys I hadn't really play. Oun't know if they were gonna play a lot. It's probably why they're removed. But Kentucky has a few needs and they had a full roster, so you needed a little bit of attrition. So not all guys leaving are bad news because they Kentucky might need to go out and get some now that the portal's back open, and you got to make room.
Speaker 2: And it's possible they've already got guys that were waiting to this portal open, but they've alread committed to Kentucky. Had to go through the process, and maybe these guys at UK know that, and that's why they're going ahead and trying to find another home or too late.
Speaker 4: He scared me when he said New Mexico, because I love Pete. Is Pete, she has Pete. I'm still learning the pronunciation from New Mexico state. So he scared me. I run. I ran to Kentucky Sports Radio dot Com to make Pete, make sure Pete didn't go anywhere. But it was the the you know guy that I don't know if play Wallace Unamba entered the transfer port. Okay, but Pete from New Mexico State. I love him. He's huge. I've talked about him last week after seeing him six eight. He'll be a big piece. That's why I got a little scared when he said in New Mexico.
Speaker 2: He's a good player.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's still a round. That would have been a bad loss.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, No, the kid you mentioned went to New Mexico, but my brain went to Pete. So no, it's still good there. But yeah, there'll be a few guys leaving. Some of have already left, but you gotta make room so they can go out and get some pieces, hopefully True Edwards the wide receiver that they're kind of waiting on a decision another year, hopefully, and get him on campus because I think the receiver room could use a big contributor.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Johnny. Thanks for the phone call eight five nine to it two two seven. It's our cars. Pumpish you off phone number. Who's next? Change?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Tom?
Speaker 13: Oh, Hi, guys, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Are you Tom?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 13: I'm doing well. I've got a topic that I don't think i've ever.
Speaker 9: Heard you all talk about.
Speaker 13: I'm curious about this around academic eligibility. Two quick questions. One is who who sets the requirements for student athletes college student athletes? Is it the NCAA, is it the conferences? Or is it the individual school? So that's one and two. Now that we're in the thick of this transfer portal, nil money grabs on and so forth, I don't think I've ever read or heard of a of a transfer you know that's making their second third fourth this school. The word come out they're academically ineligible. So it makes me wonder is that being relaxed. Are they, you know, enough money on the line? Is academic eligibility is still a big deal?
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, Tom, I'll try to answer all your questions. No, it's not a big deal anymore. Schools find a way to get them eligible. And it's just true. It just is they did find a way to get you eligible. We had Shade and Sharp magically have a transcript appear.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the season.
Speaker 2: We've had transcripts show up on a fax machine during the season.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just my favorites. Big Z, big Z. Well, when Kentucky got big Z into school last year, and I was rooting for it. I was, I was down for whatever they're doing behind the scenes. But I don't know how they got a kid into classes when it was almost midterms. There's no way. Yeah, there's no way that could that should be. It was impressive work. Whatever happened there, cal whoever did it the school good stuff. I didn't even know that was an option. You could just show up in the middle of the semester, but it worked out.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: But to answer Tom's first question, I think the NCAA has academic standards. I think they, like the conferences, have academic standards, but the schools also have academics answered standards, like at Vandy it's higher than it is at Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, has their own bar. You gotta, you gotta, But then each school can even make that higher. Obviously, you can get into one school much as you can go play for Duke eight two.
Speaker 2: Eight time we got another one up. Who's next, Dave, Dave, go ahead, Dave, Hey.
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 9: Are you aware that last night that one of the most elite coveted UH scoring guards and early on in the portal who originally committed to South Carolina from I think it was North Dakota on Mars the thirtieth, y'all realized that he de committed. He he opted out of his commitment last night for South Carolina. I just wondered if that's a coincidence, and consider that we lost yesterday.
Speaker 2: Drew mentioned that at the start of the show that that kind of his little shocking he de committed just two weeks after he committed to South Carolina. But I'm sure Kentucky's gonna make that phone call if they haven't already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're ane, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, tuned to the light. I'm sorry, guys, I'm sorry that I didn't bring to bring up a don't subject there. But this kid would. He's the late score. I think he dropped forty on Alabama. He had a forty eight point game last year. I mean, this kid could put it in the bucket. I think he would. I think he would serve as the score of the shooter and also the backup point guard.
Speaker 2: So appreciate funk call. His last name is Egleson right, Eagle Staff, Eagle Staff. I was close right on it.
Speaker 3: Ryan butchering every recruits.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go back to our recruits.
Speaker 2: Mohammad Diabante, No, no, don't put the end in there. You're close, Mohammed Diabate. There you go, Okay, Mohammed Diaba And Yelsich his first name is something Yelsich Yellovich.
Speaker 4: Well, we still don't have confirmation, but I'm going with Andreas.
Speaker 2: Andreas Yellovich Yellovich.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now he could come here and correct us and call us an idiot, but that's that's how I interpreted it, And by me, I mean I went to Google and typed it in a pronunciation machine.
Speaker 2: And Jordan Lowe to the point guard.
Speaker 4: My goodness, Jayden, right, are you still in pan City listening to Jean Mitchell. I've got I've got six months to get figure out these. We can't have another year where you don't know two of the five starters' names, like Maar Butler. You'll get it, though. I think it's impressive. Your closest on the Croatian and you're missing the kid from Pittsburgh in Alabama, Cam Williams. I hope you can get there and go. What about the big guy we just got from Arizona State. He was formally committed to Kentucky and Cayden acquaintance. There you go, Look, there you go.
Speaker 2: I mean you're basically talking about the uh there, we're talking about names. There's apparently, I don't know if this is true, there's apparently it's some dude in Somerset whose name is Mark Pope.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you heard this? I think you told me one time, so the only time I've heard it is from you. But carry on, refresh my memory and educate the listen.
Speaker 2: I've tried to do some research. I found a Mike Pope, but I've not found a Mark Pope. But apparently there is a Mark Pope in Somerset. I think he's missing a great and opportunity to capitalize on that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And if it's if it's Mike Pope and this is just off terrible story for subject. So does this does this alleged Mark Pope? Mark, Mike Pope, MARIOSLV. Well, here's where it came up. You know, when they call in to the iHeart studios, their name shows up. Okay, Well, apparently the name showed up and it said Mark Pope. But it wasn't UK's Mark Pope. It was another Mark Pope. And they chased traced the number back to Somerset or Pulaski County somewhere down there. So you're putting out a call, and where are we going with this? Do you want people to confirm? Are you just telling me that there's a guy named Mark Pope? Discussion?
Speaker 3: Is you realize though, like when names pop up, it's because somebody has already, like from the studio prior, put the name in there. So it's very possible, Ryan, that a producer accidentally typed the name Mark Pope on some random number from Somerset.
Speaker 2: And now don't you get you get a name on your caller ID in your in your.
Speaker 3: Studio to ask, well, if they've called before, if they've called before, yes, but somebody originally had to put that name into the system.
Speaker 2: Okay, somebody knows this, it's a Mic Pope, maybe Mark and Mike.
Speaker 3: Probably Billy would know. Well what well will will Well?
Speaker 2: We got the sources down in Somerset, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of listeners in Somerset.
Speaker 2: Nancy.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like I've had this happen before, where I think that I'm googling maybe the name Mark Pope, but then I realize, oh, I'm typing that into the call screen and have to go back and take it out. I'm saying that probably happened. That's more likely to have happened. Then there's another Mark Pope in Somerset.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out if it's true. Though, what's what's next step. If it's true, we're getting him on the show. Okay, we've got to talk to him.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we need to a confirm Mark Pope exists in Somerset and b then get him on the show. But if it's a Mic Pope, we'll just keep living our life. Look, phone line just lit up.
Speaker 2: I bet somebody on this show on right right now knows about this Mark Pope and Somerset and.
Speaker 4: Eight offerr up and Joby Hall on the phone right now.
Speaker 2: Probably not an eight off roup, but I bet there could Joe Hall. There was a Joe Hall that played down in Paducah.
Speaker 4: I bet there's a lot of Joe Hall.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: We go, all right, we'll take our final break, come back, our final segment. Here, I can take a sports radio. Don't go away.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff.
Speaker 2: This is so bad.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 3: Bite your tongue. O, gosh, you don't have a true appreciation for good music.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with this Jean Mitchell? What is the name of this song?
Speaker 3: Make mine up? Pinat Klatta?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can see why he's a big star.
Speaker 4: Got the steal drums back there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. I mean the podcast right now, you're really missing out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna have it on podcasts. I feel that for this makes me miss Jimmy.
Speaker 3: They're the real losers of the day of the podcast listeners that don't get to hear this.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got some some answers to the Mark Pope in Somerset mystery.
Speaker 4: We've been waiting on pins and needles to know if there's another human named Mark Pope.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go through it.
Speaker 4: I can't continue my day until I know.
Speaker 2: I want to go through the list of people that have sent me on the Avis and Glass text machine. There is a doctor, Michael Pope, who is a dentist that they know of for sure. Okay, all right, Mike Pope is my dentist in Somerset. He's a huge UK fan.
Speaker 4: I told him.
Speaker 2: I was going to tell everyone he was Mark's brother, but then he gets better. There is a Mark Pope in Somerset. I deliver his mail. And then a guy, our friend Phil, sent me Mark Pope's age address and phone number that we got calling.
Speaker 4: Just poor guys, just living his life today, working somewhere, just nice, honest living. And here we are just rattling off his information.
Speaker 3: Wait, have you told the guy that a radio show might be calling him?
Speaker 2: Or we're just calling?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: Here's somebody sent me his Mark Pope's Facebook page and he lives in Houstonville, which is in Lincoln County.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm just going to do people today in the show.
Speaker 2: Let's call let's call that number, Let's see if we can get him.
Speaker 3: In this final segment, listening to Gen Mitchell and you want me to call up a Mark Pope in Somerset.
Speaker 4: You're a cold call Mark Pope. Yes, the man is just out there working, trying to feed his family today. Is he gonna take a call from a radio? Yes, okay, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna call him, Shannon at the Geen Mitchell song.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no, not.
Speaker 4: On the air.
Speaker 2: You can call him and see if you can get a hold of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Here, you want to just keep Gene going there in the back, keep Gene.
Speaker 2: Going, and let's get up a phone call. While you do all that, we'll talk to Lance Lance. Go ahead, Lance.
Speaker 5: Hey, Ryan, I had a patience this morning, so I couldn't listen. So I don't know if you have touched on this, but I was reading an article last night that Mike Leach, when he was a head coach had to be talked out by his assistants of putting a little person on the football team and throwing them over the offensive line. Would that or would that not be legal in football?
Speaker 4: Well, since the.
Speaker 2: Tush push is legal, I assume you could throw a little person over the line for a touchdown in football. I guess I don't know Drew what he.
Speaker 4: I saw this online. It went viral. I even a couple of group texts them, and we were all passing around because that's a wild story. And if anyone would have ever considered that, it's definitely Michael Leach r I P. I don't know that it's confirmed, but it would not surprise me if Michael each tried to get that put into the playbook.
Speaker 2: You know, I told you I've told this story. I used to see Mike Leach roller blading around my neighborhood when he was assistant coach with hol Mummy roller blading, shirt off headphones, Walkman headphones on. We probably a cassette tape player roller blading.
Speaker 4: I missed the Pirate. I was a big fan of the Pirate and all all his stops in college football, even liked him at Mississippi State when I don't normally like that place. So we miss him. And I hope the story that was passed around is true about him wanting to run that play. I assume it's it's legal. And I wonder if Michael Leach knows Mike Pope Shannon, maybe we should call Mike.
Speaker 3: Bro just called up quote unquote Mark Pope, and here's how the conversation went, Hello, yeah, is this Mark No? I was told this is Mark Pope.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: All right, goodbye. A conversation that just happened off the air well, So you got some bad information there on the next I think maybe that is a blessing in disguise, because Nick Coffee sent us a Mark Pope.
Speaker 2: Uh, and he's uh, it's let's just say it's a mug shot.
Speaker 3: He's in the penitentiary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So maybe that's why we can't get hold of this Mark Pope.
Speaker 4: You know, there could be several Mark Pope. It's not that uncommon of a name.
Speaker 2: But if you're a Mark Pope in Kentucky, I think you should take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: You gotta take advantage of it, Like get free buffet. It's like at the local restaurant or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call up a pizza place. Hey, this is delivery from Mark Pope. Oh, coach, Yeah, we love you. It's on us today, Coach, don'torry about you want him.
Speaker 4: To be a full time scammer. And it's still someone's identity, is what you're encouraging.
Speaker 3: Mark. Why the guy's in jail?
Speaker 4: That he's in jail?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Personator, all right, well we'll give up that little fight, did we we were trying to figure out?
Speaker 4: Just take another phone of episode Channon, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who's next, Alex? Go ahead, Alex.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I just wanted to say I've lived in Clarksfield, Tennessee since twenty seventeen, and today was the best day ever because I found you all on the damn radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Clarksfield, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Imagine that.
Speaker 4: How about that Homelex?
Speaker 6: I said, I said, that sounds like Ryan and Drewid the Son of a Gun. It was so I'm excited. I'm gonna be listening to every single day now.
Speaker 2: Keep tuning in and we appreciate it. Is that all you got? That's it.
Speaker 3: Wait till he hears about the iHeartRadio. Apply listen to in Amsterdam if you want it to right now.
Speaker 2: People ask me all the time, how many stations are we on now? I don't even know. I don't know how many stations in Kentucky we are actually on now.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for reading KSR every morning at eight forty five hour reposted.
Speaker 2: But I don't I don't counsel those numbers. I don't count the station. Okay, well there's a lot of them. I don't know if he's maybe getting Hopkinsville. I don't think there's a Clarksville specific one. Yeah, but glad to have him. I love Clarksville.
Speaker 3: We need to do some live reads too, by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh, go ahead and hit knock one out. Well you're up next, you're the one. Oh I've got one? Yeah, I thought all I had was Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Oh you have done one? Okay, yeah, all right, well don't you do one?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Smarty paints.
Speaker 3: Spring is in the air, and if you're looking to shake off the gloom of winter, our friends at Cornbread Hep are here to help you with the start fresh. You can relax warm spring weekends with their infused gummies. You'll leave achy winter joints with their hemp bombs and lotions and get the rest that you deserve with their Mellowttin free sleep gummies. Their USDA organic hemp products are made to help you feel your best, just like Nature intended. All their products are made right here in Kentucky and contain the highest quality relief you can buy. And this spring you can try the good life for yourself. Get twenty percent off your first order with code KSR at checkout. It's cornbreadheimp dot com promo code ks R. This is the good life with Cornbread Hemp.
Speaker 2: We've got time to do another one. Gotta do comonwealth causes.
Speaker 3: I think today, I think that's trus.
Speaker 4: Just keep doing reads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can put it again a matter or we'll get in trouble all the show.
Speaker 4: Well, let's certainly not miss our chance to win big while supporting a great cause of commonwealth causes exciting raffles. The Queen of Hearts fifty to fifty. Raffle. You still doing that right? I try to do it every week every Thursday. You can get in tomorrow. Fifty percent of the Jackpod goes to the winner, while the other half supports Comewealth causes. If your ticket is drawn and the Queen of Hearts is revealed, you win five thousand dollars. Check it all out at Kentucky Causes on social.
Speaker 2: Media, and we'll be sung out by the legendary Panama City Beach crooner Jean Mitchell. Ladies Jump. We'll be back at Cassbar tomorrow. Ryan Drew and Channing goodbye.
Speaker 4: I'll laughed a lot today