Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, the.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast. This is your roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and beyond, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look some of the stocks on the move today were joined by Isabel Lee, Bloomberg Cross Asset Reporter.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at Tesla, but it's not really on the move. It's flat forward this morning. But Tesla recalled all cyber trucks it produced and sold in the first fifteen months it's been on the US market. So it's really over a safety issue that it's having trouble of resolving.
Speaker 1: So this is one percent of the forty.
Speaker 4: Six thousand vehicles having a defect, So that's like four six hundred you have dead, Mama Mather. Yeah really, And they're saying pieces of this steel trimmer around the exterior of the truck has quote embrittlement, and I mean they said they'll replace all.
Speaker 1: The panels and et cetera.
Speaker 4: But I feel like it's more about sentiment, you know, like if you have a Tesla car, you might be worried about whether it's one of them.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was wondering too.
Speaker 5: Though how much of the move in Tesla stock is due to Musk and versus actual fundamentals, And it feels like when you talk to analysts it's both.
Speaker 1: But it's just a matter.
Speaker 5: Of like what's going to continue. I guess to move it. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 4: We have Dad ives the biggest Tesla bul or one of we shouldn't really just throw on the prelatives like that. But he's saying that he's acknowledging that investors are nervous because of must involvement with the government and because he stretched, I mean it's you only have twenty four hours in a day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're talking Arouns Gerber, who owns the stock of Gerbert Kawaskin and associates, and he was like, I must needs to get back to Tesla.
Speaker 1: And do stuff. And I don't think he's ever coming back, Like he was mad. Yeah, what about that?
Speaker 3: To me, it's it's always been you think Elon Musk on the way up because there's no fundamental supporting you, and you grudge him on on the way down because it's all about Elon and the valuation impact that he brings to That story.
Speaker 5: So totally true with that Cayman Risk, All right, what else you're watching in video?
Speaker 4: So we have there's a lot of use around the stock actually, but for now it's edging higher by one and a half percent. We have the CEO calming investors basically saying that fears a deep seak are misplaced. He said new types of AI models that produce more complex answers will only increase the need for computing infrastructure. We also have an inclusive by FT saying that they interviewed Huang and Huang said that Invidia aims to spend hundreds of billions of dollars to produce US made chips and electronics over the next four years.
Speaker 1: So lots of good news there. But for something a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Ominous, let's look at the technical analysis. Vida is forming a desk cross. That's when the fifty day crosses below its long term moving average was just the two hundred day and usually when that happens, shares have fallen as much as fifty percent. And Innvidea has just really been trading sideways since May twenty twenty four. So maybe I mean it's the peak there, no.
Speaker 1: One, it feels down.
Speaker 3: It just feels to me again not being an AI expert, that that that AI lift to maybe in Vidia, maybe to the tech chector, maybe to the market overall that's kind of played out.
Speaker 1: It just feels to.
Speaker 4: Me and investors are just expecting more and more and more. Even when these companies beat, they didn't beat enough, So it's risky. What else you're looking at? Lastly, it's Darden. We have shares edging higher by more than seven percent. That's the most intra day since December nineteen. Management said it's implied fourth quarter guidance includes comparable sales growth above three percent, that's above consensus. And they also said that inflation levels are manageable, and they discussed ways in which they can mitigate a relatively limited tiriff exposures. They stated about eighty percent of its cost basket is domestically sourced. So I had to look up what restaurants are under Darden and it's Olive Garden, Longhorned Steakhouse, Mohamma Breeze Season, fifty two Yard House. They also have a fine dining restaurant chain Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Eddiev's Prime and Capitol Grill.
Speaker 3: I haven't been to any all right, So if you're outside from New York and you got the world class steakhouses, but if you're outside in New York in the middle of nowhere, the Capitol Grill delivers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean a capital grill down on Wall Street was like definitely a play to go and meet your contacts and hang.
Speaker 1: Out and that's in New York app.
Speaker 3: But I can't do that.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the budget way to do it, all right, Isabelle, thanks very much, really appreciated, Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Isabelle Cross, asset reporter the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.