Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, November twenty six, twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Showhere we're down to help the Jets with their search. It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. And yesterday's show fellas was was unhinged.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was from stem to stern, just off the rails. I mean, it started with food takes, It ended with us trying to get somebody to die with Quan's hair.
Speaker 2: Shields. I mean it was a whole thing. Yesterday Monday is usually the more buttoned up of the two. So exciting. Yeah. So I don't know where. I have no idea where this show's gonna go.
Speaker 3: While the Jets are looking for a GM. Let's look, I believe that someone should hire a fantasy analyst one day to try to run a team. Let's the Fantasy Football Show will throw our hat into the ring. We will gladly be the next the next Jets GF.
Speaker 1: Years ago, I wrote a pilot for like a web series based on that idea, right that some team hires a fantasy football expert to be like a general manager. But at the time I wrote this, like over ten years ago, the idea seemed a lot more far fetched than it does. Like now, there are plenty of folks out there who do fantasy, who are like deep into analytics and team roster building and all that. Like like nowadays, I think you could go onto Fantasy Blue Sky or or X or whatever one like you could you could put together. I think a decent front office team with just folks in this space now.
Speaker 3: Any team to try it, it should be the Jets, because what they're doing hasn't worked anyway, So like, let's let's do it. I'll show I could people.
Speaker 4: I can tell you now the season was gonna go left, you know, once Mike Williams got signed and then they had him have Taylor Ham it's pork roll.
Speaker 2: On a bable.
Speaker 4: That's when I knew things were bad decisions from the beginning, Like hire somebody from Jersey that knows how to get pork roll in the building and make better decisions behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: So breakfast meets apparently have caused the Jets downfall in twenty twenty four, not just decades of bad.
Speaker 4: Off top off top and free agency.
Speaker 1: I do wonder if there's like an equivalent breakfast sandwich in Pittsburgh that somebody offered Mike Williams when he got there, Like, hey, man, have this whatever perogi with eggs in it or whatever? Like I know, I don't know what the breakfast sandwich of choices in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Feel free to hit me out. Let me know, all right, steel.
Speaker 1: That sounds awo pretzel buns but whatever, Everyone needs more iron in their diet. But anyway, let's dive into some things. We got some male bad questions. We'll have our waiver wire deep dives. Some folks were putting on the waiver wire as well. But some of the big questions for Week twelve and beyond, and the first one Michael left Florio is Patrick Mahomes back. We've seen some good performances out of him the last couple of weeks, including a big one on Sunday. So after all of our frustration and hand ringing, like, is Patrick Mahomes back to being kind of Patrick Mahomes now?
Speaker 3: I think so? Like three passing touchdowns in three of his last four games to Fantasy like yesterday was his best Fantasy game of the season, and that was after a couple of weeks ago was his best fantasy game in the season. Like, he's just been giving us much more.
Speaker 2: Ever since this first.
Speaker 3: Game with the Raiders in Week eight, his fantasy season has really started to transform a little bit. And that's who he gets this week is the Raiders. So yeah, I think he's in play this week. I'm not telling you, I don't think he's ever going to live up to where we drafted him, where he was going as like a top three to four quarterback, going ahead of Lamar Jackson in draft stuff like that, Like he's not gonna give you that value, but top like seven to eight fantasy quarterback. I feel pretty confident that he's back in that range. Definitely in the top ten for me.
Speaker 1: So Patrick Mahomes had six touchdown passes total in his first four games. He's had six touchdowns in his last two. He's throwing three touchdowns and three of his last four. Starting to get hot. I mean, Lakwana, is it a stretch to say, And you look at the schedule. He's got the Raiders, Chargers gonna be tough on the road at Cleveland, Houston, Pittsburgh. Is he back to being like is he still a matchup based guy, I guess, is what I'm trying to ask. Are we still looking at playing matchups with him or are we at a point where he's like, all right, maybe he's he's.
Speaker 2: Figured it out. We can just start him every week.
Speaker 4: I probably shy away from him in that first round of the playoffs, depending where you start in Week fourteen against the Chargers, that's the only one where like, if I have a better option, I'll take it. But for the rest of the season, I think he gets hit that fantasy ceiling that we all know that he can hit, that he's been doing in these last couple of weeks, and like more so that he's scoring touchdowns de Hopit transitioning well to be a valuable target. We're seeing more of Xavier Worthy getting involved as an all around, you know, wide receiver, not just like running a nine route and just trying to get the deep ball going because that's not exactly consistent and connecting. And then we're getting Noah Gray coming out of nowhere with Travis Kelce. Those so these two combinations of where this offense is looking a lot more threatening, it looks a lot more you know, productive to where you're going to be able to get Patrick Mahomes to score more touchdowns and that's honestly all we ask for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, it is definitely looking better.
Speaker 1: It helps that he has some guys healthy again, that everybody seems comfortable and Floria, You've talked about this before. It just feels like the Chiefs used the first month or so of the season. They use it as their preseason and training camp, and usually right about now, right about Thanksgiving is when they start to turn it up and then they get ready for what is the regular what is the real season for them?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, they just sort of cruise along, and here's they were cruising along and they were undefeated for nine weeks.
Speaker 4: Cruise then undefeated, Like how eight.
Speaker 2: Eight one score wins?
Speaker 3: Though, I'm like, I don't want to doubt them, but it also kind of feels like a house of cards right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, it kind of does. But also, I mean it's the chief So who knows.
Speaker 1: They could just be you know, like, yeah, you know, just whatever, like we're going to play with our food and then we'll figure out how to.
Speaker 2: Win at the end. You know, just yesterday they did it.
Speaker 1: Is what I mean, it's sort of like what the Patriots were right when they had it running. It's just like we would watch the games, My friends and I would watch games, and like the Patriots would look like they were fumbling around for three quarters, and then the fourth quarter you're like, what is that Tom Brady's music? And then they just come and they just run through the you know, through everybody else and they'd win the game.
Speaker 3: They have reached the Patriots level where they could be, like you said, they could be losing for three quarters and I'm still like, yeah, they're gonna win this game.
Speaker 1: So you're not gonna figure out how to win the game. Patrick Mahomes is gonna rip off a thirty yard run on like third and seventeen. Uh, get them in the field goal range, and they're gonna get it done, which is exactly what happened to the Panthers on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I wanted them to win so bad, like I wanted the Panthers just to sneak out a win just I wanted.
Speaker 2: To have so bad.
Speaker 4: But again it's Patrick Mahlmes.
Speaker 2: What do we think? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It still gave me an excuse to post. Michael left Florio in a sir, per costume.
Speaker 2: I thought that picture was gone nothing. Nothing on the internet's ever gone forever, never, ever, ever.
Speaker 1: So confused, Look, what can we buy into the Cowboys offense? I mean we were all saying to stream the Commanders their defensive and playing better, and then Cooper Rush went out and had almost two hundred and fifty yards of two touchdowns. Ricodowbell had a decent game. So does this mean we're back in on the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm not back in all the way, but I like Rico dowell running hard. I mean it's based on matchups. You know, you got to play cde Lamb just based on the draft stock that you invested in him over the summer. But Rico o'dowell he kind of is like forming into that RB one role to where you can rely on him to have a safe floor. And I think it's going to be matchup based for any other any other you know, weapon that the Cowboys wanted to deploy out there. But more so, like this game is more so they knew who dan Quyn was, they know his weaknesses. He was in the building for so long. So I think that you know, with the division game on the table last week, what we saw is more so of like, all right, well let's see if they can keep this up with Cooper Rush building off that confidence. But Ceedee Lamb, you gotta play Rico dal based on matchups for a saved floor.
Speaker 1: Most weeks I was gonna ask, I mean, at this point Florida is it's still just Ceedee Lamb in terms of skill position guys, I mean Dowdell, I guess is didn't play anybody else though.
Speaker 2: Besides that, I agree.
Speaker 3: With Lakwan for look, Ceedee Lamb, you're gonna play Dawdell is matchup based, and like next week they get the Giants on Thanksgiving, that feels like a favorable matchup. So I'm going to advocate starting Rico Dwell next week. But like, it's a tough matchup for Jake Ferguson, but he is also a matchup based play, Like I don't love him next week against the Giants, who've been really good against tight ends, but there will be better matchups and that's when you could kind of plug him in. Although ideally I would try to wash my hands away from anyone but CD and Rico because I could play the matchups with Ferguson, but if I would rather have a tight end that I feel a little bit more confident that I could start weekly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I know we liked Ferguson at the start of the year, but obviously things have gone south with this offense, so it's hard to Again.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm kind of the CD lamb or bust. I like Rigo Daudell.
Speaker 1: Hopefully what we saw last week against the Commanders was the beginning of him just sort of really getting the majority of the work there, because every now and then you look up and like Ezekiel Elliott's on the field getting carries and like, what are we doing here? So as long as we can cut that out, then we're fine, all right, Floria, I need an Anthony Richardson vibeses check from you.
Speaker 3: Everything that I said about Anthony Richardson last week and for like the two months in before that are all still true. I feel like like he is a low floor, high ceiling fantasy quarterback, and I think people got too sourd on him during the down two months, and I think people got way too high on him after the game against the Jets, like we have seen now, the Jets get torched numerous times defensively, even though they have all that talent. Ever since they fired Robert Sala, they really haven't stopped anyone. But then the Lions. Like people think the Lions are a favorable matchup because they they throttle you so badly that you end up having to throw, but they give up second fewest passing touchdowns in the league. They're really tough against the run, they're really tough on screen passes. It just didn't seem like a great spot for Anthony Richardson. But like next week he gets the Patriots who just gave up the best game of the year to two. They've given up the best game of the year to Rogers a number of different quarterbacks, So like, I think he's in play next week. To me, Richardson is very matchup dependent. He brings upside in the good matchups, but in the tougher matchups, I think you want to get away because the floor is single digits to like twelve fantasy points, which is exactly what he did this week against the Lions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I know he had some drops which didn't help him. The rushing numbers weren't bad ten for sixty one. I think I could sort of live with it.
Speaker 4: I do love that they're letting him run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, touchdowns, touchdowns would be nice, but it is But yeah, it sort of is what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, look what I mean.
Speaker 1: Florida just mentioned it that coming up this week, would you be willing to start Anthony Richardson on the road at New England and what is probably gonna be cold and snowy and generally unpleasant conditions.
Speaker 4: My biggest issue is that Josh Down's going down on Sunday. Man him being weak to week is going to play a huge factor in Anthony Richardson's ceilings. So it's more so if, like if Josh Downs is not there the most reliable wide receiver on the Colts offense, I'm not too sure if I can pull the trigger on Anthony Richardson coming off of a poor performance. And not only was it a poor performance, is more so that old line was not giving him any time to do anything, man Like, he was pressured on like fifty two percent in his passes in the half. So it's like, how is he supposed to generate anything? Only two completed passes when pressured like these are the situations where you know you're you're encouraged by him running more, but more so, you take out Josh downs out of that factor, you take one of his best weapons, and it's like, what could we honestly expect, you know, going into this next week? So I'm looking for other options to be honest.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, I think I think we're just sort of I know, like after we have the big game last week, a lot of people are like, see that's you know, the haters are.
Speaker 2: Quiet, and I'm like, I don't know that there are.
Speaker 1: Haters, They're just people who were critical of his poor performance. I think there's a I think there's a difference between that.
Speaker 3: I had a lot of people being like, see those two weeks of being benched really helped him. And I really want to go back to those tweets after yesterday and be like so or after Sunday maybe like so, how how did that.
Speaker 2: Work out for you?
Speaker 1: I know, like it's so at some point we will learn as a community to just maybe take things on a larger sample size instead of like reacting to everything week to week. I mean, at some point we'll learn it. This year is not that year. And I say that as somebody who falls into that trap too occasionally, but maybe sometimes we should just wait and then we can make more event better evaluations.
Speaker 2: When it is all said and done.
Speaker 1: Let's dive into the fantasy mail bag, shall we this week again at taking some of your questions, and this one from Jay mcilvainey. I will ask this one to you, Florio. Is kay Otten done with Mike Evans back?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I don't think I know. Yesterday was rough, just three targets, one catch for thirty yards, and even the week prior he had a lot of volume or two weeks it was before their by against the forty nine ers. But the Giants, I don't think people realize, have been the tough like Fantasy points wise, at least the toughest matchup for tight ends this year. And the forty nine Ers, who they had before their by are in the bott like are one of the toughest matchups as well. They're down there. So this week the Bucks, who do they get this week? It's a much better matchup I'll tell you, yes, who have allowed the most fantasy points to tight end. So I am not giving up on Kate Otten at all. I have him as a start this week and starting him, and yeah, I have him on a lot of teams and the last two weeks haven't been great, but I'm I think it's more matchup based than anything.
Speaker 4: He's not what he was when Evans was out.
Speaker 2: But I still think he is good enough where you start him.
Speaker 1: And if you listen to Monday Show, you know that Lakwan's gonna kind of be a kat and fan to uh yes, preserve his.
Speaker 4: Hair beat out John News the hashtag.
Speaker 1: P serve preserve the hair color. All right, I'll give you this one, Lakwan from Megan. Megan, I don't watch it. I never watched The Walking Dead, but I guess that's what the difference to what Yeah, I never.
Speaker 2: Never call you guys, all right, all right, never cared.
Speaker 1: And then like the Walking even the Walking even the Walking Dead stands seem to be annoyed by the show at some point, I'm like, well, if you don't like it, And then.
Speaker 4: Three seasons were kind of bad. They got away from the point in the real threat, which was the zombies. It became people versus people whatever. What's the question from you?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: The question is is Courtland Sutton an automatic start every week.
Speaker 4: Now, Oh yeah, that's that's Clear's day, man. I mean, look, bo Knicks is on the table for offensive Rookie of the Year. He's been really playing like he is him and it's like there is no matchup that I'm afraid for bo Nicks with his ability to create with his legs and a lot of those plays that he's hitting Courtland Sutton downfield or outside the pocket. So it's one of those things where you have a quarterback, a rookie quarterback that knows the system executing it against any matchup where Courtland Sutton is starting to pull away as that actual wide receiver one that we know that he can be for fantasy. So I'm not benching Cortland Sutton for the rest of the season. He's my flex, He's my wide receiver three. He's going in there with guys that you know, I can really trust and rely on, you know, each and every week.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's been really really good over the last few weeks or so.
Speaker 1: I mean, as bon Nicks helps started to come up, you know, Cortland Sutton has come along with him. And now I mean there are other guys that may be coming along as well. You can get into that a little bit later. This one from the mediocre Gatsby, which I mean if we're keeping it a buck, Jay Gatsby himself was pretty mediocre, regardless of what he'd like to tell people. Anyway, The question for you, Florio, say, is I am able to keep CJ. Stroud for next season as a fifteenth round pick. Should I stash him and hope he'll return to his rookie year or cut him?
Speaker 3: You should not cut him. Look, I one, he has a great matchup this week against the Jags, So like I do think this is a week where you could start CJ. Stroud if you're in need. But like when it comes to keeper leagues, I always want options heading into the next season.
Speaker 2: So maybe c J.
Speaker 3: Stroud is not one of your best keeper options and you're not planning on keeping him. But a lot changes between it is November twenty sixth and late August of twenty twenty five. You know, like we are, there could be injuries, people are gonna change teams, The Texans could go out and revamp their entire O line, and you could be feeling great about c J. Stroud next year. So with him being this late, a keeper I think it is worth holding him on your roster, even if you're not planning on him keeping him next year just in case, because I've had it happen before where like I have two keepers I want, and like one gets hurt and I don't have a backup option or something like that. So keep keep as many options as you can on your plate and just you don't have to start them. But I think it's worth a bench spot going into next season.
Speaker 1: And I say for sure with it being a fifteenth round keeper, Like what do you have to lose?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: You know, if he does bounce back and look like rookie year CJ. Stroud, then you were sitting pretty with a QB one in the fifteenth round. So that alone, I think is worth you know, throwing the dart and taking the shot and hoping that this year is just kind of a speed bump more than anything else. Last one for you, Lakwan from Row heats. If Pachecko becomes available, should I cut Kareem Hunt?
Speaker 4: Ooh? I think so, honestly, only because Pa Checko I think he has a higher ceiling than Kareem Hunt in that system. I mean just ability he's back and you're looking at some Maandre p Ryan last week sporadically he gets his thirty two percent, you know, snapshare cutting into Kareem Hunt. I don't think that happens for Pacheco when he comes back. I think it will be Pacheco's backfield where you sprinkle in a little Kareem Hunt, where you sprinkle in some j P run. But Pacheco those first two games of the season looked like he was off to the races to be one of the top five running backs this season. So I'm actually confident with him coming back and Matt Naggy deploying him in the passing game as well, where there's PPR upside that comes with Pacheco as hard as he's been running.
Speaker 1: Also, man, I if Isaiah Pachecko comes available like I would have?
Speaker 2: Man, who who made that? I'm jumping off?
Speaker 1: Yeahs high hunt THENT Wow. All right, But anyway, thank you for all your questions. Obviously, you can hit us up on social media at NFL Fantasy, or you can hit any of us up individually.
Speaker 2: We'll try to answer your questions there as well. Gotta take a quick break, come back.
Speaker 1: We got our deep dive waiver wires low as well as some guys that we are putting back in the free agent pool.
Speaker 2: That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 1: Back year on the NFL Fantasy Football Show, and uh's do some waiver wire deep dives, shall we? And uh Lakwan, you have been on this guy for a couple of weeks and so hopefully folks are starting to pay attention and maybe they'll start to take your advice about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Devon Vley for the broncos Man, he's second on the team right now in reception, so therefore he is fitting the mold to be the wide receiver two in the second option for bo Nicks. I mean, when we're looking at the guy that has a crazy catch radius and the guy that's getting most of his yards in chunks, he's becoming a big playmaker for bow Knicks. So more so, I'm looking at the games where he's been available and when he's playing fifty percent or more of the touch of the touches, he's getting over double digit fantasy points in each of those matchups. So when you're looking down the line in the playoffs, you want a valuable guy that's making the big plays and actually on the field, making the big plays. Devon Valley becomes a valuable flex in these championship runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, he's been He's been great. And again, we never really thought at the start of the year that the Broncos offense would be a place we'd find a whole lot of fantasy production.
Speaker 2: But here we are, and we're.
Speaker 1: Creeping up on Thanksgiving and the Broncos are legitimately contribute. Not the running backs, mind, you will stop right there, but at least the quarterback and a couple of the pass catchers have become actually really fantasy relevant. Speaking of quarterbacks, we're doing this half floyo. We're back here again.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: We are doing this Will Levis because look, since he's returned as the starter from injury, Levis is averaging seventeen fantasy points per game and in his upcoming well first in those three games, he is top six in yards per tempt and passer rating And this stat blew my mind from the NFL Research department, first player ever in a three game span to post one hundred and five plus passer rating while being sacked twenty or more times. Do you know how many time you have to get sacked that's nearly seven per game to get sacked twenty or more times in a three game span.
Speaker 4: I know that is on Will Levis.
Speaker 3: I know that dinks him as a real life It's partially on their role line as well, it's on both, but it dinks him as a real life quarterback. But he's been productive for Fantasy and his upcoming schedule is amazing. He gets the Commanders, the Jaguars, the Bengals, the Colts, and the Jaguars, all teams that are either middle of the pack or a lot like Jags are one of the best matchups, the Bengals are one of the best matchups, and the Colts are a good matchup as well for quarterbacks. So I'm not telling you to pick up Will Levis and like ride them out in one quarterback leagues, But if you are diving deeper and you've been streaming or something like that, he is a nice QB two to have. And if you are in two quarterback leagues or super flex or anything like that, great QB two because he's being productive, he's playing better, and he has a great schedule.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's wild is that Will Levis was like Fantasy clause this past week, right, because I mean.
Speaker 2: He ended up having a decent fantasy day.
Speaker 1: Tony Hollered had a great day over one hundred and twenty scrimmage yards in a touchdown. You got a pretty good day out of Calvin Ridley five for ninety three. I mean that's a solid fourteen points there. Even Chicka Concho, I mean he only had one jets but it was a seventy yard touchdown. Like all the skill position guys in Tennessee did did pretty well this past week. But on the other side, sort of the Texans defense, for all of the things that Will Levis did well, the Texans defense had eight sacks, they had three takeaways, they had a pick six, they had nineteen points.
Speaker 2: So, like, shout out to Will Levis for making sure like.
Speaker 1: Literally literally everybody ate in that game.
Speaker 3: Texans second team ever to do everything that you just said, Marcus and still lose.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's kind of amazing.
Speaker 4: I will say I was on the Will Levis train in the summer. If we go back a couple couple episodes, I was just I was just out there just saying Will leveson ball man, But how would you.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, would you would you like to wager any hairstyles on on a Will Levis.
Speaker 4: I'd rather put male on my hair than have John Smith finishes the top five at end this season for me to dye my hair blonde.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean, I mean quite as kevi.
Speaker 1: You could just put mao in there and be like, yeah, it's blonde hair dye, like see you look so good?
Speaker 2: All right? Uh, deep dive waiver wire. Though we're talking about Will Levis.
Speaker 1: Nick Westbrook A Kine is out there at in a lot of leagues, understandably, right, I mean he hasn't He's obviously not a household name.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The production is certainly boom or bust, there's no way around that. But he's had double digit points in four of his last five games he scored a touchdown and six of his last seven. Right now, he is rostered in just one point three percent of NFL dot Com league.
Speaker 2: So like he is crazy. He is crazy.
Speaker 1: Available, right, Like, don't don't come back to me with the n WY is not available in my league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's available in your league too, Like he is. Just go look.
Speaker 1: Understand though that look they're there, it is. It's not a heavy target share for him. You do need him to sort of pop a long one, but sort of what has worked is that Will Levis likes throwing the deep ball. He's been able to connect with westbrook A Kine downfield. So if you just understand the situation and understand what you're getting yourself into and realize that he's more of a ceiling play than a floor play, I think you.
Speaker 2: Can sort of make out good for that.
Speaker 1: So in Wi Man, there are two receivers from Indiana University that we stand. One is our own Reht Lewis, who played under the name Red Clin Schmidt. The other is Nick westbrook A Kine. That's it all right. Finally, if we are adding folks off the waiver wire, that means we should be putting folks back on the waiver wire.
Speaker 2: LaQuan, who are we saying goodbye to?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I hate to say this guy's name, but Wanda Robson roster no leagues man like forty seven percent to be e zac as of today. But it's more so like you have Tommy DeVito, you have Drew Locke there, it's not going to be the same connection you have with Daniel Jones, even though he was the problem of the offense, but more so looking at his ability. You know, it's not going to be deployed as much as like we thought, you know, with Drew Locke or Tommy DeVito. So I'm more so looking like, if you have to make the room for guys that we mentioned, you know, for the deep dives, like I'd rather add those guys and have Wanda Robinson with a very low ceiling and a very very bad floor. When it comes to the next couple of weeks with the fantasy playoffs on the rise.
Speaker 1: Oh, I really was hoping for a good things five for forty seven, but that also sort of feels like as.
Speaker 2: Good as it's gonna get for.
Speaker 1: That's it's five for forty Seven's that is the story. Well that should be should be the name of his autobiography, five for forty seven.
Speaker 2: The Wandelle Robinson story.
Speaker 1: Uh, Flori, who are we putting back in the free agent pool.
Speaker 3: All of the Broncos running backs? I want no part of this backfield at all.
Speaker 2: Look at what it looked like.
Speaker 3: Okay, two weeks ago, Audra Guys to May finally happened, and then Marcus correctly was like, I need to see this happen two more times. Last week it was back to being Javonte Williams as the primary back. Then this past week, Davonte led them in snaps, but he split carries with Julia McLaughlin. He had four yards on twelve opportunities. Uh, McLaughlin got involved in the passing game as well. Sma was on a milk carton for most of the game, had just three carries. Like none of these guys that what is their ceiling? Every once in a while, Javonte Williams will give you double digits most weeks, He's not going to do that. Julia McLaughlin you cannot trust, but he sees enough work to hurt the other two. And Audrick Es Tom was a fun thing for a week that Sempayton clearly was using control all of fantasy football.
Speaker 4: Like I I apologize.
Speaker 3: Directly to Mike Garafalo. I told him yesterday that I would roll the dice on Javonte Williams over Jordan Addison.
Speaker 2: I could have ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And uh, I want absolutely.
Speaker 3: No part of this backfield because it was like, all right, they're playing the Raiders, solid matchup, right, should very least be able to do something if they had a lead. Nope, did absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: I just be done with his backfields.
Speaker 4: You should try to I'm sure you're blocked.
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, we were texting yesterday.
Speaker 3: Luckily Jayden came through enough where he's probably still gonna win.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that backfield is a disaster right now. And I mean I sort of juggling, he said, I like, watch the Julia McLoughlin game is gonna happen, and I mean he was their leading rusher yesterday. It's gonna be all fun and games when No Sean Moreno comes back and gets like twelve carries or something like that too. Geez, since we're talking about running backs to say goodbye to, we can let the Jonathan Brooks dream die for this year, you know, like it's I look, if you got him in Dynasty, I'm you can hold right.
Speaker 2: If it's a Dynasty situation, a keeper situation.
Speaker 1: Even you know, depending on where you got him and what kind of draft pick you have to surrender. I think there's still some hope there, but for twenty twenty four, it's a rap. I'm the Panthers have slow walked this as long as possible in terms of getting him back on the field. Finally he got back on the field. Then, Yeah, sure I expected him to not play a lot. I got he get more than five snaps though five snaps. He had two cherries in the ballgame, which he turned into a grand total of seven yards, no targets. And honestly, considering who the opponent was and considering how good the Chiefs run defense is, I mean they are the worst possible matchup for a running back. The fact that Cuba got you fifty eight yards in a touchdown on the ground in a game that the Panthers were in, I mean legitimately had a chance to win. I think that says that if I'm Dave Canalis and I'm the Carolina Panthers, I'm not really trying to take Cuba Hubbard off the field a whole lot right now. Like I get it, the Panthers aren't going anywhere, but they've made a commitment to Hubbard, sign him to an extension.
Speaker 2: He's playing really, really well.
Speaker 1: And what's Jonathan Brook's going to give you at this point, right Like, he's not gonna somehow vault you into playoff contention. You've got him under contract for a couple more years. There's no real rush to see what he has at this moment. I'm he'll get more snaps. He'll get more than the five snaps he got yesterday. He'll get more than the two carries he got yesterday. But it's not gonna be enough that you're gonna feel great about having him in your lineup.
Speaker 2: So we gave it. We gave it our best try.
Speaker 1: We hoped, we kept our fingers crossed, we read all the reports, we prayed for rain and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just not happening this year.
Speaker 3: And so I personally hate the Carolina Panthers for this. I the rookie they have right into the fire, and then their second round rookie running back. They're like, we're going to do the slowest rollout in NFL history for you, just so you're ready.
Speaker 2: To go for twenty. I mean, I get it, I get it. He's great.
Speaker 3: I don't have any issue with Cuba.
Speaker 4: I just want to see more Brooks.
Speaker 2: Watch his highlights in college. Man, that that's the most you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: He's amazing.
Speaker 2: He's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to your point, though, Cuba Hubbard right now is fifth in the NFL and rushing yards.
Speaker 4: Insane don't take them off the field, and he did it against the Chiefs fifty eight yards on the Chiefs. I mean, Jordan Mason is the only running back to do that, and he put the second most Fantasy points this season as they running back against the Chiefs, Like you gotta give him his flowers, like Tuba earned the RB.
Speaker 1: One absolutely, and I mean we all, I mean at least I said, and a lot of people are like, well, yeah, I mean after a month, like johnath Bus' is gonna come in, He's gonna take that number one job, And Nope, has not happened at all.
Speaker 3: Him Like eight carries something like that agame Like it's a secondary rule.
Speaker 2: I mean, look where we get.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where we get, but that might be the ceiling this year, and that might not happen untill like week eighteen. So I mean at this point, like we're just you know, it's a wash man. Just cut your losses.
Speaker 2: And we'll try again next year with Jonathan Brooks. So there it is. I'm gonna try again.
Speaker 1: A lot of us will be we will try again a little bit later on in the week. That's going to do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, save and healthy, do good and live well. Lock your wounds over Jonathan Brooks, everybody, and we will talk to you again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Wo