Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Let's say kids are listening to it that's in college, or they trying to make a decision, So it's the I CR the IV.
Speaker 2: I was actually gonna go there.
Speaker 4: OK, So the fourth was paid Repay, the IBr and ICR. The reason I found out is because when I was trying to get a loan forgiveness plan, I wasn't part of one of those, right, and so I got declined yes, and I was like, wait, what is this? And so yeah, can you go into the depth of the parameters of.
Speaker 5: The each, So let's go through it.
Speaker 6: So Obama, the Obama administration gave us the pay and the repay plan. So pay came out first, and that's for those that have new loans or newly consolidated loans and the direct loans program, your payment is kept at ten percent. Repay came out like because people went off. They were like upset, like, so I can't get my payments lower. So then they came out what was called repay that said, if you just have a direct loan, doesn't have to be newly consolidated, you can get ten percent too, although more is forgiven over time under the pay plan than the repay plan. The IBr plan is the old fashion income based repayment plan that everybody knows, and anybody listening should check their loans to see which plan they normally are under. Most people never switch out, and they could actually lower their payment by going to repay from IBr.
Speaker 4: So you have based on how much you make, will determine how much you're gonna have to pay.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so IBr is at a fifteen percent margin. ICR is at a twenty percent repayment. And if anybody's listening, they will write down if they had parent plus loans.
Speaker 5: Some time you teach you.
Speaker 6: I want to write out No, I'm like okay, So ICR is twenty percent. Now, what Biden is proposing is the plan that they're saying that he's coming out with will be at five percent.
Speaker 5: So some people are really going to see a good win in.
Speaker 3: Terms of five percent of.
Speaker 6: Your of your expectation to be able to repay back loans.
Speaker 3: So if you borrow one hundred thousand, you only have to pay back five thousand.
Speaker 5: Oh no, five percent of your.
Speaker 2: Your income income five thousand.
Speaker 4: So like if somebody had was making a one hundred thousand, like with a teacher salary in New York, that could happen easily, right, and you have to pay fifteen percent. That's fifteen hundred dollars, right, and so like you have to make to get the forgiveness of the one I was singing.
Speaker 2: I think it's the.
Speaker 4: PSLF right the public service. So if you're a teacher, if you're anything in a public service, you can get this loan forgiveness. You'd have to make one hundred and twenty consecutive payments to qualify for it, and that started dates back to two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: So this was the problem I ran into.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, bet, two thousand and seven, I haven't missed a payment, and twenty seventeen it was my tenth year, and I was like, oh great.
Speaker 6: So then you need to look into what's called the TEPSLF.
Speaker 2: So I did it. I got forgiven for another loan.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So then that's when I started researching. Wait I could, there's more loans out there for teachers, and so I did the Teacher Loan Forgiveness where it was like, if you are a highly qualified teacher in the subject in five years, and it has to be a title one school less perfectation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's two different.
Speaker 6: The podcast so what you say it is, okay, So let me make your question. Say you got to teach your lont forgive.
Speaker 2: This, but did you get the te I did not. I did not.
Speaker 4: Did you apply yet I did, but they told me I wasn't in one of those four qualifying ones. So I wasn't in paid repay.
Speaker 5: IBr Oh wait, no, TE is different than PSLF.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, then I wasn't. I didn't get that. Ye yeh okay, I'm.
Speaker 6: Going to offline show you the other perfect so the government and then money might still be available. They gave a window of money for people that like him, had been paying since two thousand and seven, but was on a standard plan. Let's say, and he like, I've been paying, so why am I not? And I worked for and so it's under a different program. It's just like a spin off of the PSLF. A lot of people don't know about it. They talked about it one time on the news. I'm like, so, so I'll show you where they're sayt Yeah, last time I checked, there's still money available.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because it was like a bunch of people applied.
Speaker 4: They had did the ten years, they had one hundred and twenty payments, and I think less than one percent of people actually God forgiveness.
Speaker 5: So then they told them to go back and apply for the second plan. I'm telling you about.
Speaker 6: It, but it got confusing and people didn't do they closed it, they reopened it. So last time I check, I look, literally the other day it's still open.
Speaker 2: Your DM is about to blow up.
Speaker 6: Okay, but that's you know, so I have to be weirdly knowledgeable about these things.
Speaker 5: And let me be very clear, like I don't work for solid man.
Speaker 6: I don't even like student loans and a concept I like that people that come to us or come to me initially can get the help to move forward in life. Because like if you walk away with one hundred percent forgiveness, after that, he gonna be light as a burder around here, right, And then you want to do something different with your money, Like I don't know how much you pay towards your student loans out of COVID, but that additional money can go to all the things you.
Speaker 5: Guys talk about rightly, state and investment.
Speaker 6: But that'd be the number one reason why people do not get into growing their money because the student loans.
Speaker 2: That it makes you.
Speaker 4: It can make you sag it right, It can make you depressed. It could leave you to a point where it's like, yo, now I have to live at home longer than I expect it. Now I can't afford to get a car. Now I can't afford to even being a real relationship right because I can't help with you.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't get married.
Speaker 4: I can't afford to do it, and so it stagnates your life from decision that you made at eighteen.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is real, and if.
Speaker 6: Somebody's watching, it's gonna understand what I'm about to say. So if you are particularly like a black woman and you're dating and you got six figures student on that, I know I come up being mine at one point, like how I'm not going to tell this man, right? So, so what happens when I used to do one on one appointments in person?
Speaker 5: I missed those days.
Speaker 6: Those were fun guys who used to book their fiance and girlfriends for like appointments that the girls didn't know about. So they were coming like, well where are we at? I'm like, Hi, I'm thinking everybody knows. Nobody knows but him, And I'm like, so you didn't tell her? He's like no, I'm gonna get some lunch.
Speaker 5: He like just dropped the girl off trash.
Speaker 6: She's arms folded, she's tight, and I'm like, oh god, you might have like Penny bides at work.
Speaker 5: No, I don't have that at office. So I was like, oh okay.
Speaker 6: So I was like, so here's what's gonna happening to growth through your loans? And I said, and to the girl, I remember, she was so upset. She that bad attitude. And then I just had to get real for like two seconds, you know, I was like, look, so look this was about to be I was like, I really think that this man likes you. He likes you enough to have booked disappointment. He thinks highly enough of you that probably means he may want to propose get married soon. But he's very serious about his money, and he's not going to propose to you unless you tackle your student loan dead. Because I think she told him right. So I said, so what we're going to do is we're going to put you on this plan. And I think she was eligible for PSL left. I said, and then when he comes back, you're going to tell him the game plan, like all excited, enthusiastic, you got it.
Speaker 5: But I don't know, like I just think of a whole different person. And she was like okay.
Speaker 6: So we did work it out. To where a payment would be one thirty. She was enrolled on PSL left and then you could see his face was like, oh, all right, okay, so what you're saying is all she got to do is so he was like real light after that because it was real tense.
Speaker 5: And then sure enough, you know, I stopped him.
Speaker 6: I wanted to see, like six months later he proposed, but now, like, I don't think he would.
Speaker 5: Have not proposed it. Well, we don't know, really.
Speaker 6: But he really needed to feel comfortable. She was on top of her loan day, and so it does come up in dating and trying to buy them together.
Speaker 2: Student loan doctors, marriage counselor.
Speaker 3: Salute salute that man. So let me ask you this. Okay, So me, I'm a slow learner and fortunately I never had to deal with any of this stuff. So all of this stuff is like kind of foreign to me. So for people that you know, might be in the same boat as me, and they might have children. They might not affect them, but they might have children. So let's try to let's try to unpack this a little bit. So it's like all these different loans, which one is the best loan to get in? I know, that's like a hard question. But which one is the best loan to get in? And then if you are in a bad loan, how can you maneuver into a good one.
Speaker 5: So with the federal government, there's only like one type of loan. It's just a federal loan.
Speaker 6: Right, And so when we have students going to college, was called an award letter. They'll be told if they get any grants, any scholarshi, and then on the award letter it'll say unsubbed and sub right. And so submeans loans that have interests that's paid for by the government. Unsub means the interests. You're responsible from day one. As to Howard A. Cruz, parents get jammed up when they apply for what's called the parent plus loan. It's like the double child of student loans. Like it's bad, but they really make it to where parents get trapped with it's like kind of a private loans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just gonna say that's a difference from the federal the federal and the privates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, And because the interest rate is horrible, like seven point eight, most times they want you to go into repayment right away. They do hit and look at your credit, and so they you gotta decide who has better credit, mom or dad when doing the application. If mom or Dad gets denied, the child can get two thousand additional per the semester. But if you're going anywhere outside of the state school, like if we're here in New York, that that money should be enough to cover that tuition. But when people go to more expensive school, what happens?
Speaker 5: What do they got to take out private? Private loans?
Speaker 6: And now private loans are really like the depth of our economy, particularly for black millennials, because everyone wants to go to an HBCU, right, but everybody's not getting full funding to go.
Speaker 5: To an HBCU.
Speaker 6: So I see a lot of graduates that come out the most they can borrow is fifty seven thousand, five hundred undergrad and then they have like one hundred thousand and private loan debt. Let me be really clear, one hundred thousand private loan is different than one hundred thousand federal And the reason that is is because if you owe one hundred thousand, your payment could still only be two hundred dollars based off your income and who you take care of. But with a private loan, that payment is going to be one thousand dollars with a period behind it.
Speaker 2: Then the f work comes for bearing. So well, no private loan, not with private federal.
Speaker 3: Again, so federal loans, all of these programs, income based programs, all of that, but private loans, there's no kind of program to lower the payment.
Speaker 6: No, your lender may have something like naving, may say, well, we'll allow you to do something forbearance, but then the interest is still capitalizing. The time you come out of it, the payment's now like thirteen hundred a month, so it's really no relief.
Speaker 5: Now let me say this.
Speaker 6: There are only two states Pennsylvania and Texas that will not allow private loan debt to take over your income like garnish your wages. But New York definitely, we get a lot of clients that call and crying literally because they get their paychecks snatched up to twenty five percent. Georgia, particularly Florida. I'm just thinking about where we get the most costs from with that issue. Boston, Massachusetts. So if you're listening to this and you have private loan debt, right, because I know that's the question that comes up a lot. The goal is to get your credit up as best as possible so that you can refinance your loans. This is the best time to refinance private loan debt. But I have an asterisk so because I do believe with the Biden administration that there is going to be a form of loan forgiveness ten thousand and fifty thousand or one hundred percent through the Higher Education Act of nineteen sixty five. The President elect is already allowed as soon as he takes office. He could just sign it off in one stock.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a that's a good point.
Speaker 4: It's still a known that And so those are some of the proposals right there is the everybody who has student federal student on the outside, we want to confuse it with private. They're going to get ten thousand dollars if he signs it right or or the other proposal is we can do ten thousand for five years, right or completely wipe away everybody stood loan his.
Speaker 6: Program ten thousand for five years. That'll just pass probably through the Congress in the House.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 6: But what we what we know he has the authority to do. Every president has already had the authority to do. Is literally signed one hundred percent at one point nine trillion away.
Speaker 2: So here's my question.
Speaker 4: Right, Let's say, because the average person right has under twenty five thirty two thousand dollars and should have loaned that, there's no interest being applied right now, only the principle you can pay toward that. If we can do it, should we pay it off or should we wait till the administration to come in and see what happens?
Speaker 6: So I get that question like almost every day. So here's what I would say. There is going to be something coming, and you know a president likes to make his mark in the first one hundred days. Yeah, so for real, for real, you you could wait, like you know, about one.
Speaker 2: Hundred I'm asking for a friend, I'm asking for a front.
Speaker 5: Everyone's watching this like right now.
Speaker 6: You know, by one hundred and thirty days out, I would be on the minimum payment type of situation because if something did come, let's say the big number that the Democrats are pushing him to is fifty thousand, you would have your loans right clear, but you're not getting any money back that you put out. So I think, you know it's bad to say this out loud, but I would probably be a minimum payment to see what happens.
Speaker 2: Ernest what's going on.
Speaker 4: It's a new year, and guess what we're not doing New Year's resolutions. We're doing New Year who's executing? And in order to you gotta have the information? What better place to start the key? This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. Can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates. So you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 4: Hy Elle University Shotty tell them what we bring.
Speaker 3: Yes, Eyle University has graduated.
Speaker 8: We revamped the whole INtime higher curriculum, whole entire program, and now it is EYL University grad School. So it already includes over one hundred past webinars. It already includes weekly rebinars from industry experts. It already includes monthly financial planning calls with me. It already includes access to our private investment group on Facebook, Movie Club, book Club. But what we have added is the home Buyers Blueprint reloaded with over twelve hours of video content was added to that. Once a week we would be doing video calls for mentorship, all things real estate.
Speaker 4: And you know how this words don't wait, don't hesitate, don't play yourself, reward yourself.
Speaker 2: Here's what we're gonna do for you.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give you fifty percent off for a limited time, only fifty percent off, and you're going to become an earner.
Speaker 2: Sit on the side, y'all so unloaded.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this as far as all right, so, I guess the best student loan to get in is a federal loan out of private loan, Yes, the best one. So when you get in, So those options are just repayment options, like only one federal student loan, right, it's not like different types of federal loans.
Speaker 5: No, it's just one type of federal loan.
Speaker 6: The other federal loans that they used to have, which are called f f EL or f f E, l P or Perkins loans, Yeah, those are more so with colleges. Universities would give out on behalf of the government. Those loans and programs have stopped. If you are listening to this and you have an f f EL or f f E l P or Perkins loan. You should look into consolidating your loans into the direct loans program so that you can take advantage of any forgiveness that's coming, because this current administration does not get paid or even the Cares Act. If you had a loan that wasn't a direct loan, even in the Cares Act, they didn't pay for your loans right now and they didn't cover your loan deck. So you probably want to look into consolidation and see if it's a good fit.
Speaker 4: So, I mean it puts especially parents, you know who come from working class you know homes, because a lot of times when you apply for student loans and your parents to make a certain amount or a decent living, you're not going to get any right most times, Like I remember applying for pseudent loans and I got like two hundred and forty six dollars. I'm like, this is like one book, and so it forces you almost to say, like I got to take out this loan and I got to go to private route.
Speaker 2: So what are we doing those scenarios? Is it just like try your basket scholarships or look for grants.
Speaker 6: What are we supposed to do so a student going into college. Yeah, right, So a couple of things. If you're a student listening to this, I know you guys do have a good audience that's younger.
Speaker 5: You know, I believe it what's called scholarship Sundays. So I would recommend.
Speaker 6: That started sophomore in junior year, you start looking for the scholarships you're gonna apply to most times.
Speaker 5: In junior year.
Speaker 6: Right, And the challenge where all of this is and what it comes down to is as parents, we don't prepare weld enough. And by no fault to anybody listening, like, don't feel bad that you didn't prepare, but just know that this generation right here, the millennial generation, has to be the one that ends student loan. That like, first, if you're listening to your podcast and they're listening, they shouldn't even be thinking about their child having to take off SOT loans, Like that's kind of true. Did everything you guys teach in terms of well field?
Speaker 4: We just had this conversation of the night, like whose responsibility is it?
Speaker 2: Is it the left? The parents are acting preparation issue looking.
Speaker 4: We first, like, so a lot of us are first generation college graduates and so like our parents. My parents are not from this country. They didn't they don't know these things. And so like now I'm looking at my responsibility for my children. It's like, we don't We're never gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Say so, all right, so let me ask you this because fortunately, like I said, I don't have to go through this process because I played basketball and I had a scholarships.
Speaker 2: He's a scholarship. I'm not a little different. That's what you don't got student loans. That that's what you look like.
Speaker 5: Girls right now over there.
Speaker 2: He's like, what is this? F h A you're talking about Troy.
Speaker 3: You got to work on your jump shot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had scholarships in college. Can I be believe really honest with you, I just didn't have guidance to tell me then not take out the refund check.
Speaker 5: So I didn't have a lot.
Speaker 6: Gonna be real, like, in college, Yo, I was living. I'm living good now, but in college I was living right under this level.
Speaker 4: And I know that's not weird, but I had a full ride.
Speaker 6: Nobody as a young black kid, somebody saying, come to the bursar's office and pick up five thousand every semester. What true religious yo, I listen, true religious if you was my friend, I got you up here. I didn't want to walk on campus and we didn't look far together. We're not eating campus food. We're gonna run lobster and I'm like the first ha of card you a college was so fun. But that's because I had a lot of money coming in from scholarships that the refunds that I did take was like play money because I didn't understand them.
Speaker 5: If that makes sense. Yeah, Like Sundays we're all here eating bread.
Speaker 2: Yo, it was made over head.
Speaker 5: You know, if I had real friends.
Speaker 6: I kind of brought a lot of friendships because I I've always been very generous and I have a hard if I eat, you eat, That's how I feel.
Speaker 5: And it used to be to the point look at the Brian's like.
Speaker 6: You said yes yeah, So like on Sundays, it's like so digress.
Speaker 5: But like I was like, all right, I'm cooking. I not a cook.
Speaker 6: I'm like, if you want to contribute to stories, I'm like, put the pack of fish with your name on the city so I know that you can come back.
Speaker 5: Because they would drop up all types of food. Ah, My guy friends and a lot of guyfriends like you could do five fishes dropped off at the door.
Speaker 3: Like that, and all that I needed you In college I had. I had just this a true story. I know one year, for one year straight, I ate tuna fish every day for one year.
Speaker 5: I feel one year straight.
Speaker 6: Eight mom and noodles, And imagine that wall being stacked up with roma noodles.
Speaker 5: Beef shrimp you want today, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I was like, we got options, beef oil.
Speaker 3: I haven't had to fish, and I still eat it every once in a while, but now I eat it in a salad. I was eating on a sandwich like playing jacked up. No, you know, think about it is playing sports. So so my first two years was in Maryland. My next two years was in Hawaii. So Maryland, the scholarship included just the cafeteria, food and dorm rooms and all that. When I went to Hawaii, everything was paid for, but they gave me a check. They gave me a check for like six thousand dollars, and then that was to pay for my off campus apartment, pay for food and all of that. So I was on my own. So I was just going grocery shopping. But I ain't I didn't know how to cook. I had a form and grow. I was just putting anything on the form and grow, and then I was just making friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love it that we was. I mean we eleven hours away.
Speaker 3: It was back in New York. So yeah, so you know it was it was tough, but we made it through. We made it through. We made it through.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying that you could put tune in your salad when you got to pray student looe.
Speaker 3: So so let me ask you this. So yeah, so as far as parents, right, it's interesting what you just said. You said, if they listen to this, they shouldn't even be worried about that. So what is your advice for parents? Like, because it's like, all right, do it? So if they can't afford to send their kids to college, right, should they just go community college and then state school and just only do federal Like should they never do? At what point does it make sense to do student loans? Or does it really make sense to do student loans?
Speaker 6: So I'm licensed, but not a licensed in this section, so I'm going to teater lightly, but I think it would be best to be everyone to google the five to nine plan in their state and then talk to a licensed professional that can talk to you about a five to nine plan, because if you are I call what's called the sticky middle middle classes, what's called the sticky middle not enough to get a full grant ride, but not wealthy enough to pay out a pocket right, So that sticky middle is that's where a lot of people suffer. They're like, oh, you should be able to contribute to your child's education, and most people can't. So what happens is the student loan, that the private loan, that the parent plus loan that comes into place. But there is something called really a big proponent a fan of called the five to nine plan, where someone that has a child early on or a grandchild can start to contribute to their child's education. And we can have a five to nine party every year or on the birthday. So I know a few people that their child at age nine has their college fully paid for at today's prices.
Speaker 2: So the five to nine party, no gifts, would just contributed to the plane.
Speaker 6: Bringing it like you can a deposit, or you can just bring a twenty like that.
Speaker 3: You can write a check too, check book. The five twenty nine spoke a few times on the podcast. All right, so you so your philosophy is like you should be playing to pay for college. Don't rely on because you.
Speaker 6: Know that our culture and when I say our African Americans, we don't believe in picking up the tap for our kids in this extent. But in other cultures, like I've been studying this, it is expected that the.
Speaker 5: Parent pays for that.
Speaker 3: It's like a wedding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but in our culture, what do we pay for? Right?
Speaker 2: We pay it all prom oh ah, yeah, problems we do.
Speaker 5: That any weddings, right car, baby child's baby.
Speaker 2: Shower, shower we get. The more baby showers and weddings, that's the fun.
Speaker 3: Right, shirt, the Birdberry shirt was a staple at a baby shower.
Speaker 2: That's how you know who the father was with the Birdberry shirt. That's h you know.
Speaker 4: You know what also too, and to go along with that, is that we got to change the stigma on community college.
Speaker 2: Yes, especially in New York.
Speaker 4: Man, it's like people feel like, oh, I feel like I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like number one, if you get if you're getting a level arts degree, it won't matter because you're gonna be able to he's dying.
Speaker 2: It won't matter.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can still transfer after two years plus you're gonna save yourself maybe fifty to one hundred thousand dollars by just staying home.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You're not paying room and board, You're still eating that home. Here's the stigma is crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm a reformed college professor, right, and I could see each at a community college or I could see each at a private institution. It was the same class, the same textbook. I just got paid a little different. But the students were paying at the community college to see me on Tuesday three hundred dollars. At the private college, they were paying sixteen hundred class, same professor, same book.
Speaker 5: Just catch me on a different show.
Speaker 3: And once you it's like if you have a bachelor's degree and he went to community college, they don't count your associate The only thing that masteres your bachelor's degree. If you have a master's degree, the only thing that really manages your master's degree. So like a lot of people even think like the first four years if you want to, if you know you're going to be a doctor, like go to a good undergrad but don't spend all of your money on it like because your master's program is gonna be more important. Like, you know, who went to community college? Barack Obama, No, nobody knows that because they only look at Harvard. I think he went to where do you go before Harvard? Columbia? He went to Columbia, and he went to Harvard. So it's like they only look at that part of it, but they didn't look at the two years he spent in community college. Nobody cares. But now it's two years that you're going for next to nothing, and a lot of kids aren't mature enough to actually go away from home and they make a lot of mistakes. So that's like, you know, it's the time to actually develop and grow as a person, and now you got two years on your belt, and now you can get another two years if you want.
Speaker 5: I'm gon be honest with you.
Speaker 6: With COVID, I would be pissed if I was paying that tuition and I'm home with my friend that's home on the same platform paying way less tuition, Like that's crazy, Like I would be enrolling and switching over to another school, like personally.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this. As far as forbearans, there's general forbearance and administrative forbearans. What is the difference between those two?
Speaker 5: So general for baras. I'll give you example.
Speaker 6: It's like when you need to call your Linden like, I don't got it, Like, so thirty six months in the lifetime of your loan that you can just extend in no questions asked. Then you have what's called administrative for barents from the government for whatever they determined as a permissible reason they can cover your interests, right. And then you have what's called economic deferment. That's when people don't know about this one, but that's when you get laid off or you lost your job. You have some paperwork that says that instead of using your general forbearance moms, you want to use your economic deferment. Or if you live in an area that has really bad weather like hurricanes and so forth, there's weather related deferments too that people can get so that you don't have to again run through your thirty six months.
Speaker 3: How do you how would you know that?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 3: Like, because I didn't know that? Do you have to call your lender?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you offer weather for a barons? Do you offer job?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a government program, but it's again it's not fully advertised. See that's the problem again with a lot of our lenders in their website. Some websites, some lenders is super easy.
Speaker 5: Click here, go here.
Speaker 6: Some are like contact that's an ingle hole for what thirty minutes and then people just like, oh, forget it, I'm not about to pay them now.
Speaker 5: It hits your credit. It's a cycle that happened.
Speaker 1: An illegal alim from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP Home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,