Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Katty and now he Armstrong and Getty. I feel I get some more egregious this year, even than the year's past. News outlets trying to pretend that the female version of March Madness is every bit as big a deal as the men's version of March Madness. Yeah, and I've seen a couple of times where they tease, coming up, how's your bracket looking? And then when they come back, Yukon continues to dominate the bracket in the women's NCAA tournament. They do that first and then do the men's I mean, who are you kidding here? Who are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: I mean it's just if women's basketball were more pop be than men's I'd be happy to say it. It doesn't bother me. But it's not. It's just and it's not even close. I mean, the attendance, the ratings, they're not even in the same Ballparker league as a thing, So why pretend that it is. I saw it. I saw Bill burd the comedian other night. He was talking about this. He was talking about the w NBA and uh and players were angry about the crowds, and he was saying, wemen, do we have to do everything so we have to go to your games for you? Because the women aren't filling the stadiums to go watch their fellow women play, They're going to men's games. Yeah, I know lots of women that are super big college basketball fans men's college basketball fans. Yeah, it's not. There's nothing wrong with the fact that, for whatever reason, the men's version is more popular by a lot.
Speaker 3: There are several reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yes, we're aware that when Caitlin Clark was in the final the ratings were fantastic.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. But yeah, it's it's an odd, odd thing.
Speaker 2: But why pretend, why lead with the women's and act like that, That's what everybody's waiting through the commercials for.
Speaker 1: It's the sort of people of the left who equate the word equal with the same that if women have an equal right to sports, if not as many people.
Speaker 3: Go to watch them or watch them on.
Speaker 1: TV, that's proof that it's some sort of discrimination or injustice. No, men and women should be equal, but not the same equal opportunities, equal rights, but not the same.
Speaker 3: That's a bizarre notion. Anyway.
Speaker 1: I just had a very funny AI moment Apple now in their struggle to get AI going and working with Google and all will give you. I think it was on lock screen a summary of a text if you're just looking, you know at oh, I'm the text coming, And the summary of the text was twice as long.
Speaker 3: As the actual text. That was funny.
Speaker 1: The actual the text of the text was go ahead, and the summary was encouraged to continue.
Speaker 2: I find that sometimes the summary of an email or a text looks really harsh, and I think, uh oh, And then it's a very lighthearted reply, like what why did you make it seem like? All right, rejection of your proposal?
Speaker 3: Uh? Okay?
Speaker 1: Coming up some really good stuff from the best heckler in baseball, just hilariously funny and all sorts of good stuff to squeeze into the final hour.
Speaker 3: Of the week. But first, let's take fun look back at the week that was.
Speaker 1: It's cow clips of the Week.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 5: Week this lesbian has had plenty of girlfriends with penises.
Speaker 2: I can't explain that you know a person living like a rot. It pieces me off. That's what I say.
Speaker 3: What should I do?
Speaker 2: If it's telling the clean.
Speaker 6: We cannot incarcelrate our weight out of violence.
Speaker 3: We've already tried that.
Speaker 2: It is racist, it is immoral, unholy. You must be happy. I'm very happy ya Tola is dead. I'm what too? What what is that?
Speaker 3: Who does?
Speaker 2: I otola e street fan is coming your way and we are bringing over fear peace over. This thing is going to be settled very soon. We did a Yojima.
Speaker 3: We can do this the Marines.
Speaker 2: My money is always on the Marine and the grand scheme of things. Fast wars just don't happen, and they're not easily resolved. Makes you trust I don't trust anybody, don't trust you. I'm never in all.
Speaker 3: The work I've ever done in the energy, and they do nothing but lie for their teeth.
Speaker 2: We're gonna end up with settling this. Otherwise we just keep bombing our little hearts out.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have to escalate to de escaletor But I really hope the American people will be with him because he's doing this to make the whole real safer him.
Speaker 5: We are an idea that threatens I wrong, that threatens this.
Speaker 2: Regime because we are are open, we are progressive. They want to make a deal.
Speaker 7: The reason they want to make a deal is they have been just bigtish.
Speaker 2: North doesn't do them wrong. It was right, I'll do that to our national clips of the week.
Speaker 1: That reminds me I was going to say, and that many regimes around the world that I would be executed for slaughtering the national anthem like that, which reminded me. It's becoming pretty clear who the next leader of North Korea is going to be.
Speaker 2: And it's fat Head's thirteen year old daughter. Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we're all familiar with the concept of mean girls, but she's going to be a mean girl.
Speaker 2: Well, why do you suppose he did that? Does she just shows a certain promise or.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's got to be she has the qualities or gets it at that tender age of what the family business is, because for a while it was supposed to be his sister.
Speaker 3: But they're roughly the same age.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's just somebody young enough they're not a threat yet, you don't have to worry about them consolidating power and offering you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's surprising to a lot of career watchers that it's a female, but whatever.
Speaker 2: So the clip we played in there of the Mayor of Chicago saying we can't incarcerate ourselves out of this problem. That whole you know, jailing people hasn't worked. It actually did work very very well. We started jailing the hell out of people like in the seventies, and then crime dropped like crazy over the eighties and nineties two thousands. Then we decided to go back to the other direction and let's try not punishing people for crime anymore. So, which brings me to our new code thing. We've got on the bathroom here on the fifth floor here at the building, so now they've got a keypad on there, like and I don't know where you're listening, where you live, this might be completely foreign to you. You might be living like all of America has lived for hundreds of years, where if you go into a restaurant, they have a bathroom that's open to the public, and if you want to go, you just go and you walk in the door. You might live somewhere like that and be completely lost by this conversation. But around here in California, they are very very very few open public restrooms. They all have a lock on them with a code, and you have to get a code from somebody at the front. And it's all to keep junkies from using your bathroom, like sleeping in there, befouling it, washing themselves whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, and just to make the point even clearer, it's not like there are public bathrooms quote unquote in the radio ranch. They're just unlocked bathrooms for the businesses and the customers of those businesses to.
Speaker 2: You, which you could have forever in every office building in America. And what drives me crazy, And this is what I'm complaining to my kids about. And you know, when we're at CBS and you got to get somebody with a key to unlock the enter persperant for you. We keep adjusting to the junkies. We keep backpedaling away from the junkies and letting them encroach on our enjoyable lives. They get to take our enjoyment so that they can have more enjoyment. When are we gonna stop this retreating So rather than you know, any you got the lawsuit thing like Starbucks ended up in a lawsuit because they wouldn't let somebody in a bathroom or whatever. And blah blah blah. So then a lot of businesses just decide, okay, we don't have public bathrooms, and they always have a sign say closed for repair or whatever. There's lots of places like that in Califly where you just don't have the bathroom because you're gonna get into some sort of legal problem. What are we gonna stop retreating and say no, no, no, how about this. How about you get all the freaking drug addicts within five blocks out of here and then we can continue to have open bathrooms like we always have. And it was fine.
Speaker 1: Now is a perfect moment for clip number eleven. Michael's fellow by the name of Kevin Dalgren. He's a Portlander.
Speaker 7: I am not standing in a trash dump. I am standing in a public park in the city of Portland. This is absolutely disgusting and it is everywhere. This is not an isolated issue. I find this in our green spaces every single day. It's hundreds of thousands of pounds of trash everywhere.
Speaker 1: One of the most beautiful cities in the world. And the video is amazing. It's just so much garbage. It looks like, well, it looks like the outskirts of a garbage dump.
Speaker 2: So that guy, I'm sure is a guy with a job in paying taxes, paid for the park, then.
Speaker 3: Has enjoyed it for most of his life.
Speaker 2: Then drug addicts didn't get to befoul it with no penalty to them. You don't get used to the park and probably are gonna up paying for the cleanup and maintenance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What kind of society is said, pray your kid doesn't stay up on a syringe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just nuts. We gotta quit retreating in the face of the drug zombies.
Speaker 1: Do we actually have the Willie Brown audio or is that just something you saw where he was talking about how ridiculous it is to Yeah, okay, yeah I read it.
Speaker 2: But former mayor of San Francisco in a longtime Speaker of the House, Speaker of the Assembly in California, said that California San Francisco's policies ruined the city. All these social workers who got in charge, who think they can talk these people out of being bad. He is basically just saying that some people are bad and you got to throw him in jail, yeah the end, or kick him out of the park.
Speaker 3: Where am I supposed to go? Not here? That's your problem. You can't be here. Nuts.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll stop complaining. It's a Friday. I don't want to be angry. Just reminded me when I went to the bathroom to punch in the code. I'm adjusting to them as opposed to making them adjust to us. Nuts. Anyway, we'll talk about something nice like baseball coming up.
Speaker 8: Stay here, Kyle Holmer and he loses. Odell prooves. Oh, we got it.
Speaker 1: We got a cap, We got a cap, touch, a challenge, challenge.
Speaker 2: Call of the ball, and a cave from Peralta.
Speaker 1: Not so is that first successful challenge of a ball strike calling major League Baseball?
Speaker 2: So the computer told the umpire they are wrong on their call.
Speaker 3: Right exactly.
Speaker 1: We had a discussion yesterday based on a column by Jason Gay in the Wall Street Journal about the problems with the robot umpire thing, and it was so insightful, so good goodos to Jason. If you want to hear it, grab yesterday's Armstrong gettyon demand podcast. I won't repeat all of it, but I got permission from my buddy Brian, the Major League umpire recently retired, who's been, you know, feeding me information about all sorts of baseball, relating things for a long time. Who said something interesting. I'm less worried about the job security because our biggest, most important job is when nobody really realizes. But major League Baseball knows handling the emotions of the players and keeping order.
Speaker 3: There's no computer system that will help with that.
Speaker 1: Now that the balls and strikes can't be argued or vented over, are they going to start fighting each other in the dugout? The anger and emotion has to go somewhere. I can't wait to see where it goes.
Speaker 2: Shot, give me a shot. Remember we're playing that clip years ago, the manager losing his mind and the umpire, you know, letting him vent and talking him down. That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the players are really really intense sometimes too, and they need somebody to vent at, and so they yell at the MP a couple of times, the umperols their eyes, and on we go with the game. Yeah. I thought that was interesting. Speaking of baseball, I was aware of this guy kind just a little bit. But it's funny he's kind of got a higher profile now thanks to oh And both of these stories are kind of about baseball, but they're really about.
Speaker 3: Life and human beings.
Speaker 1: Trevor Gilmore, or Trev's Chirps, as he's known on social media, is the world's greatest baseball heckler right now, and because of social media you can hear his stuff. He and a buddy went to a Triple A baseball game, sat in the bleachers and thought, these people's heckling is terrible, he said. He said, they're not creative and it's personal. It's mostly just a lot of you sucks. So I'm like, there's a better way to do this, and so he launched his social media pages and his buddy, who is at the game of films everything he does. He's actually a big Giants fan, hangs out at the San Francisco Giants games a lot and they have a special ticket deal with him, and a lot of fans will like buy him tickets or post for pictures. He's become a thing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But we'll start with twelve Michael and go from there. Here is some of Trevor Gilmore's work.
Speaker 5: Payada, I bet you drink red wine with you, bump.
Speaker 2: Hey, pro bark.
Speaker 1: I bet you put your feet on people's dashboard you bump.
Speaker 2: Hey said that, I bet you like to chew with your mouth out man. You bum hey, Kevin.
Speaker 4: I hear you like to drive your golf cart on the green.
Speaker 2: You bump Jackson bum is a good old timeyter.
Speaker 1: I remember hearing that it comes games when I was a little kid. Uh the padres Jackson. Merril says he chirped me and was like, I bet you.
Speaker 2: Always three putted golf.
Speaker 1: So for the first month of the offseason, I three putted every green, something I never do.
Speaker 2: He got inside my head. You boom, you bum.
Speaker 3: I'm about a little more, Michael, Hey, Rell.
Speaker 2: It you look like you dropped palm and loot. You bump heavy La. I hear you like your steak well done? You bump pay call that.
Speaker 4: I bet you really want to be traded in the Savannah bananas.
Speaker 2: You bump.
Speaker 1: Hey, No, lad, I bet you don't know the difference between.
Speaker 2: There there and there.
Speaker 1: You bump Hey, Jeffrey, I hear you like to buy your Lego three built?
Speaker 2: You bump.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: He'll also drop the occasional movie quote or song lyric, which always gets to the knowing fan. Oh do we have time for one more?
Speaker 3: Michael? Why not? I hear you.
Speaker 2: Don't refill the Britta. When you're done, you bump hey, Jonah Dud.
Speaker 1: I hear your favorite character on the office was Angela.
Speaker 2: You bump hey, Randall. I bet you leave tracks in your friend's cars. You bought what a shrt bag? Am I right? Hey? Till that you looked like you eat bananas with.
Speaker 1: The peel on you bumpy.
Speaker 2: I bet you think afrikais the country you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you bum you bum oh boy.
Speaker 2: That is fantastic.
Speaker 3: That is so American. I love that.
Speaker 2: I sat behind a couple of young guys in Phoenix at a Phoenix Suns game. I took my dad. I told this story many times his eightieth birthday. I bought tickets to sit right behind the bench to watch Lebron play when Cleveland was in Phoenix, and so we got set up close and everything. But there were these two must have been rich kids. They were young, sitting in the very front row. Also, their heckles were really good. They were kind of like that they heckled endlessly, but they were all like, not personal. They were just like weirdly entertaining. Ten the players would look over and shake their heads like, what the hell are you talking about? I hear you eat your kid cat sideways. Oh that's great. Oh the old ballpark. Huh, lit'sten. We're the funniest country on Earth. Let's not lose that, America exactly. We got more of the way if you missed making the podcast Armstrong and Getty on Demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Shocking scene in Florida at Daytona Beach International Airport watches this man runs towards a plane. Authority say he ran his Ford Mustang through the airport gate, entered the active tarmac, and tried to board an aircraft. Brian Parker was arrested. Officials say he was intoxicated. He faces a number of charges, including felony trespass.
Speaker 2: Florida man. So he crashes this he's drunk, crashes his car through the gate at the airport, it's all the way to a plane, and tries to get on the plane. That is some behavior. I don't know what was going on, is what it was.
Speaker 9: It was like a small, like a single engine plane, and he tried to get into the cockpit.
Speaker 2: Wow. I wonder what he was thinking in his head, what he thought was going on. Anyway, we've got some of the body cam audio, I guess from one of the law enforcement people. What's the deal man, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that a bunch of drugs, meeting.
Speaker 7: Cocaine, drinking and smoke a pot.
Speaker 3: Look yet, and get on my phone motorcycle.
Speaker 2: So you were doing all kinds of drugs and ran through the gate. Yeah, and I crashed my car.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to aid in the investigation. Thank you, sir for your candor.
Speaker 2: Well, the so, the cocaine, pot, and the booze all combined together to somehow it seemed like a good idea to crash through the gate at an airport and try to board a plane.
Speaker 1: He seemed remarkably coherent, getting a dell that had occurred, No kidding, Wow, he looked high as a kite, and he said he didn't really remember.
Speaker 3: He looked way too old for that sort of lifestyle too.
Speaker 2: Oh really, how old do you appear to be? Fifty eight?
Speaker 3: Fifty eight, fifties?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a twenty something sort of behavior, not fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Some miracle he's lived this long.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got something kind of thick here. Can you handle thick on a Friday? This kind of thick? This is pretty interesting though. Sixty k or cc I was gonna go with c k cc okay uh.
Speaker 3: Who'd this come from?
Speaker 2: From? An author of a book called Islam Israel in the West. I don't know this person. It doesn't really matter. Assume this is true. If it's not true, I don't know, assume me complain on the internet. Go on the internet and complain. There is a species of ant that approaches the edge of another ant colony, kills a single worker, and then takes on the dead ant scent. Have you ever heard this before?
Speaker 3: It sounds vaguely familiar. Yeah.
Speaker 2: For ants, scent is everything and one once you kill that aunt, get its scent. Wearing that scent, the intruder can walk in with no resistance. The workers pass by without any concern whatsoever. The intruder then moves inward toward the queen. Then it sprays the queen with a different scent that makes the workers turn on her than they surround her and kill her. Oh, my lord, the intruder does not need to fight anyone. The colony does the work itself. Once the queen is gone, the intruder reproduces. The true invader is no longer an intruder. It is the future. And of course you probably saw this coming. This was going to be a allegory, metaphor, or whatever you want to call it, for something bigger. This is how ideological takeover works. A destructive foreign ideology takes the scent of familiar ideas and walks in as if it belongs. It speaks the native vocabulary justice, equality, compassion, rights, progress. It uses these words and quietly changes what they point to. Then it moves inward. It alters how foundations are perceived. Responsibility is made to smell like cruelty, law like oppression, borders like hatred, tradition like danger, history like guilt. At that point, the civilization turns on itself, like the ant colony. It's courts, universities, churches, media, and bureaucracies begin treating their own foundations as threats. They believe they are defending the system. They're enforcing what now smells legitimate. They do not see the intruder because it sounds exactly like them. And when the founding principles are finally removed, discredited, dismantled, race, the foreign ideology does not need to conquer anything. It inherits what is left. The queen is gone, the colony is no longer itself. Wow, that's perfect, pretty good. The most effective conquest is the one that convinces a society that its own foundations are the enemy and that killing them is an act of virtue.
Speaker 1: How good is that? That is exactly what has happened, perfect writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very clever by the evildoers, whether it's you know that fu Col crowd and.
Speaker 1: Their whole thing, postmodernists, Yeah, by many neo Marxist.
Speaker 2: Very clever. And I'm not sure history will even document it, well, assuming we don't survive it, and I'm not sure we will, of how how incredible, how incredibly clever it was to go in and convince people a culture to hate itself and its own institutions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's you know, they've borrowed from morewell too, it's it's astonishing and horrifying to me how few people understand that's what's happening. And as I always say, these people wrote books, their names are on the spine. They described exactly what they were going to do and how they were going to do it. And that is what you are seeing. That's the woke thing, the woke apocalypse, that's these postmodernists. Co and his band of Mary Frenchman, and uh, this is all on purpose and then insidiously. And it's interesting that that came from a book about Islam Israel in the West. That's where the Red Green alliance becomes significant, because the Islamists see what the postmodernists are doing and think, hey, let's let's do exactly what they're doing, and in fact, let's band with them until we can chuck the current system because once when the revolution comes, we'll kill all the Marxists.
Speaker 2: I thought that was really really good.
Speaker 3: That was brilliant. Send that to me.
Speaker 1: Want to memorize it pretty thick with a K, not with a C C. Right, Well, I've never seen the guy.
Speaker 2: That denotes kind of like big thighs in a hefty.
Speaker 3: Esque figure. Yeah, curvy. That was really really good.
Speaker 2: Is that true about the anti It doesn't need to be true for the for the I mean, for the important part to be true.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds very very familiar to me vaguely, but I was just reading about this invasive wasp. They're a couple I think, both from Asia that are vexing the country at either end, one in the northwest and one in the southeast. But the one, the one in the southeast, obliterates bee colonies like honey bees, the good bees, the bees we need, and it decapitates the bees, which seems unnecessarily like isis like to me, why do you have.
Speaker 2: To do that with bees? I wouldn't think that. That's because for humans it's like to really terrorize you. Look how what they're willing to do And does that work on bees? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But my point was going to be the insect well, the animal world, but the insect world in particular is utterly brutal. Oh yeah, it's horrific. Murder happens every time you turn around. They're constantly killing each other.
Speaker 2: It's a hummingbird eat hummingbird world out there. Sure, that's a great metaphor if you have you ever watched those videos when they slow down the whole hummingbirds eating thing. Oh my god, doesn't mean you think they're like taking.
Speaker 3: Turns at the flower.
Speaker 2: You know, they're beating the but.
Speaker 3: Jesus out of it.
Speaker 2: They look so cute and beautiful and they come into your hummingbird feeder and then one goes in and eats, and everyone goes. It happens so fast. If you ever get to I'm sure you can. Have you ever seen it on YouTube or anything there?
Speaker 3: Katie? No?
Speaker 2: But what are they slow? What way to happen?
Speaker 3: The crap out of each other? Get their beaks?
Speaker 2: When two hummingbirds come into your hummingbird feeder, they get into a uh a violent battle that's unbelievable. If you see it slowed down frame by framing it, you watch it, then it's just horrific. You hate to even be a part of it. I refuse to believe this. It's like watching that off fight, y'all. Let you guys do a lot of things.
Speaker 9: I won't let you ruin my hummingbirds for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're trying to stab each other's eyes out, Wake up girl.
Speaker 2: Now. It is like watching a dog fight, which I've never done. Would be awful. I wouldn't be able to stomach it. But yeah, the hummingbird violence is incredible.
Speaker 1: For what it's worth, I've never actually seen one injured in this jousting. It's more like they're pushing each other out of the way. But their beaks are long and sharp, so yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The strong one will just terrorize the weaker one so it can't eat mm hmm. When it flies off looking all happy, it's because it got its ass kicked by big You're tough for hummingbird.
Speaker 9: Wow, this is the worst segment you guys have done today.
Speaker 2: I'll like saying something.
Speaker 1: You know, we're bringing a little reality to your fairy tale world.
Speaker 2: All right, this would be perfect before we go to break because we're often joking, and we're joking to remind ourselves to not be This about where the most depressing radio show in America? Uh, we don't want to be that, but we can get on a roll negative things that are happening anyway. We got this text your show depressing, no hyperbolic, yes, but ratings demand the drama, and you abide there. We are abiding the drama, The Armstrong and Getty Show. Perfect strong neck.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty. Now shut up the most depressing radio show eva, So as your mother Armstrong abiding the drama the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: North Carolina woman was recently bitten by an otter while watching a marathon set her friend just say you don't want to come to my party?
Speaker 2: Okay, dang it, I didn't have my headphones on.
Speaker 1: What was the set up for that job? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life, it would Michael.
Speaker 9: Since they both missed it, will you play the first thing again?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: North Carolina woman was recently bitten by an otter while watching a marathon set her friend just say, you don't want to come to my party.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: For the record, I did hear the whole thing, and that is very funny.
Speaker 9: And this aired before it abiding.
Speaker 3: The drama, the Armstrong and Getdy show.
Speaker 2: We are abiding the drama?
Speaker 3: Or do you have that text?
Speaker 1: Handy again, so oddly worded, willing on to the next thing.
Speaker 2: Put up with our relentless negativity. I guess your show depressing, no hyperbolic? Yes, good ratings demand the drama and you abide.
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's actually my self affirmation. I say into the mirror every every morning, good shows demand drama, You must abide.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this. So here is a story that that amused me.
Speaker 1: On a couple of different levels. It's from CNN, of all places. Why quote about once a year because there's terrible. This is a poop poster one of your online provocateur, a poster troll, super Maga guy like that Joe Kent, guy who Trump went ahead to keep the coalition together and appointed to a powerful job in FEMA. He's like a top FEMA official leading their Office of Response and Recovery. Okay, when people are really suffering in the stuff is hit the fan.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: This guy's got a history of unbelievably like violent combative statements. But We're gonna beat the hell out of him, and I'm gonna track him down and punch him right in his face and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: On and on and on.
Speaker 1: He said of Joe Biden, I'd like to punch that biatcha in the mouth right now. He's a nasty, sy crappy human being and he deserves to die, and I hope he does. Okay, this is the dude, so he gets appointed to this really important FEMA job. Wow, And the people in the department are really freaked out and worried.
Speaker 3: Here's the punchline.
Speaker 1: After a few weeks, several of them told CNN to their surprise, phillips hands on involvement during the spate of storms that softened their doubts. Greg Phillips is famous best hope at this moment, I can't believe I'm saying that. Evidently this guy gets into the job. Oh I forgot. He claimed quite seriously to have been teleported to a waffle house. Well, okay, he was at home, all of a sudden, he was at a waffle house, and his sons will verify there's no way he could have made it to the waffle house forty miles away in that time he was teleported there.
Speaker 2: I've had similar experiences. I'm at home drinking a football game. Next thing I know him at a waffle house. Or they flipped on the lights of the bar and the next thing I remember, I'm at a waffle house. I've had those things happened to her. I'm not sure it was spacecrafty you were teleported, But the s posting thing kind of fits in with what we've experienced people that we'll just go overboard online, but in real life they're kind of just not like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But and credit honestly to CNN and went back and followed up, and the people he works with say, oh no, he's been doing a terrific job.
Speaker 3: Go figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of the whole really weird. When in Rome atmosphere of online commentary.
Speaker 1: That and this, which is something we've talked about fairmounts through the years. The idea of posts or phrases for one audience are interpreted as if they're the official pronouncements of you as the spokesperson for yourself.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: FEMA spokesperson said, this is so silly it's barely worth acknowledging. DHS Feme and mister Phillips are focused on the critical mission.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Many of the comments cited are taken out of context or represent personal, informal, jovial, and somewhat spiritual discussions made in the context surviving cancer in a private capacity prior to his current role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that whole because I've run into this, Joan, and I've run into this sometimes we've had law enforcement get involved. Oh that was a joke. You guys didn't think that was funny. Yeah, that didn't sound like a joke at all, really lacking any nod toward humor whatsoever. But in your mind, I guess it was humorous. I know where you live and somebody ought to take you out.
Speaker 1: Ha, No, didn't get the joke, No, no, no, no no. And that Ricky Turvay's things so brilliant that people make jokes and they laugh not because they think I agree with that. It's because everybody disagrees with it, and everybody's shocked, and.
Speaker 3: It's a human reaction.
Speaker 1: But that's useful for those, you know, the vicious activist types who it reminds me of the anti metaphor and the great thing you read last segment and the ideologically capture an institution. And the whole point of critical theory is, no matter what somebody says, you find a word, declare it problematic and say it proves they're racist or homophobes or trans.
Speaker 2: Phobes, or the patriarchy or whatever.
Speaker 1: And you get people so on their heels because they don't know what to say next because everything they say, you find a word and you say that proves they're a racist. Till people sit down, shut up, and let you run the institution. James Lindsay and Helen pluck Rose is brilliant. Cynical Theories is a great book to read if you'd like to know more.
Speaker 2: Have you been? I got to look up this guy's name because he's not a household name for me like he is for my son. Do you know Bruski Drew Ski? Do you know Drew Ski, Katie? Now, oh, he's like the biggest thing in the world for anybody under thirty. I might throw that into my final thought. Okay, hey kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. Michael Anjelar, technical director, will lead us off. Michael, that's a true story.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: I was at an NBA game years ago and there was a role player named Tony Bennett, and so he shouldn't two free throws and he misses both of them, and the guy in our section yells, hey, Tony, it looks like you left your game at San Francisco.
Speaker 1: The whole section Laude, classy, Eckel, keep it classy, Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 3: As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 9: It's funny you just put those two words together, Jack, because that's what I say when I'm joking with Drew and I'm gonna bring him a beer.
Speaker 2: I go, does Bruski, Does Drewski want a Bruski. That's pretty funny. Well, now you know that. My final thought, Drewski is a giant star. Like my son said, you don't know who Drewski is really really big deal on online presence. Anyway, he did a mocking Erica Kirk video. I got tons of attention in the last twenty four hours. Got it. I find quite hateful, But in his mind and the crowd's mind, might just be a joke. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back to Here frequently stated no country for old men.
Speaker 3: Thing. I just I'm voting no.
Speaker 1: I'll be in the woods watching the squirrels cavort trying to identify ant colonies and watch them murder each other.
Speaker 2: That sounds relaxing.
Speaker 3: I find it relaxing, Yes, to watch animals murder each other brutally.
Speaker 2: Wow, slow down the hummingbirds and really watch them take each other's eyes out.
Speaker 1: Bet on the outcome. Armstrong getting it hummingbird gambling. We're wrapping up another four hour worthday. So many people, thanks a little time, good Armstrong e Giddy dot Com for the hotlings, for Katie's Corner for the ang Swag a store, pick up your favorite Ang Fanna T shirt or mat or Hood and trampas note. If there's something you see over the weekend we ought to be talking about mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll have the latest news for you on Monday. See you then, God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: You want to thank you, thank you for.
Speaker 2: Tuning in toun Jacket, Joeay and Michael help me back on Monday to clue you. In the meantime, download the podcasts Are You Going Monday? Thanks Strong On
Speaker 4: Bye, have a great Friday, Mother, Armstrong and Getty