Speaker 1: Breaks, breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines tuned in so.
Speaker 2: The Heat Checked The Heat Check.
Speaker 1: It was just a crack the best podcast covering all the drama around the association.
Speaker 2: Let me look forward.
Speaker 1: What the fuck are these regional sports networks like Bally Sports deciding to do?
Speaker 2: What are they doing? What is this?
Speaker 1: What is this ragmatag nonsense? Are you a real organization? Are you just stealing money and deciding to use your rights that you have the ability to broadcast games and just deciding it we'll just not do it.
Speaker 2: So I was talking to.
Speaker 1: One of my producers the other day. He happened to be flying out Wisconsin, right, and so he gets into his uber and the guy is like a big Bucks fan, and he's like huge lou elsendor fan, seventy one NBA champ. He's been in the set neighborhood as Junior Bridgeman and Sidney Moncreek. So anyway, this guy is like, hey, you guys need to be he found Out's podcast.
Speaker 2: He's like, you guys need to be talking about this.
Speaker 1: I think there's a legitimate everybody in bucks Land is complaining about this, and I think there's a lot of other.
Speaker 2: People who are going to be complaining to.
Speaker 1: He said that even though he buys YouTube TV, he can currently only see half of the Bucks games because they're split with another provider, in this case Bally's. So you if you don't buy a separate streaming package, you're not getting the games.
Speaker 2: Not getting the games. So I guess that's a capitalism before you.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Like, I'm not really too worried about that, But apparently there's a lot of other issues bubbling.
Speaker 2: Up to the surface as well. You might imagine all.
Speaker 1: That about Bally being pretty normal, because I think they already lost their rights to Sun's games last year, and there was a whole hoop to do about them in Major League Baseball last year as well. So they're on the cusp of like not being a real organization.
Speaker 2: Uh So all this.
Speaker 1: Comes up to the boiling point when they're app They have an app, the people are paying money to use, you know, streaming app, and you know they play the Bucks, they play the Pacers, and that app was not usable for an entire week, and fans in Milwaukee and Indian just couldn't watch games, just could not watch them. NBA League Pass, you're blacked out YouTube TV. Nope, that's bally, So they just had to be I don't know, like illegally crackstreaming their ass off, or checking the box scores or going to little play by play when you go on to ESPN.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is just absurd. So let me explain what happened.
Speaker 1: Valley has the streaming rights to a bunch of NBA teams Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Atlanta. They cover games for twelve NBA teams, right, which is why when the app just demolished on itself, it was a very big deal, especially for those who decided, oh yeah, we're gonna pay twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: A month for their home team, which remember.
Speaker 1: You can't get League Pass four because it's blacked out, which is also, by the way, kind of fucked up.
Speaker 2: So for Milwaukee fans, because the jank As app was being.
Speaker 1: Yanky and not working, they missed not only the Heat game last Monday, but also the Raptors game Wednesday, And since the game was blacked out on League Pass unless they had cable, there.
Speaker 2: Was just no option to watch the game.
Speaker 1: And since they're paying for the streaming app, I don't know, I probably don't have cable. They probably didn't decide to go and get Cable League Pass and Bally Sinclair. So Greg Doyle, Indianapolis Star summed up a lot of people's thoughts when he wrote this, Sinclair, Diamond, Bally whatever they are, they've changed names so many damn times, couldn't negotiate with streaming services, then couldn't form an app that was worth the darm I bought the thing last year, doing my part, watched exactly one game. How come watching that Pacers game last year basically ten stick figures moving back and forth across my TV reminded me of my childhood video game.
Speaker 2: Pong by Atari. That's a cold piece, Greg Doyle.
Speaker 1: So, with Bally having gone bankrupt, with their financial restructuring very unknown, it's probably gonna get worse before it gets better. The thing is just an unbelievable travesty in terms of what product they're trying to peddle and what they're actually giving you. Adam Silver has already said, listen, like, we're gonna take over this ourselves. If this doesn't get better, We're gonna do whatever we want to do. We've got our own rights, we've got our own networks that we can create but the bankruptcy proceedings. Who knows when those are going to be done. Whenever Bally is going to be shut down, it could be the entire season. The league is gonna obviously have to step in take over for the broadcast, but like, I don't know what he's waiting for, Adam, you just need to do that right now. If one of your little subcontractors, whatever Ballet Sports is, can't actually do what they are supposed to do, which is provide the basketball game, not practice, but the game, you gotta just cut them off like it is eighty six for you. Before the season, Bucks owner Wes Eden said he expects every Bucks broadcast to be broadcast on television's inside the market. We are obviously way outside of that since three are already not done. Andrew marshaw on the sports media writer, traveled to Minnesota where he talked to fans about the ballet streaming service.
Speaker 2: This is what he had to report.
Speaker 1: They hate ballet Sports. Nobody had anything nice to say about BALI. No one's gonna miss Vallei. People want to clean clear away to get their games, and I think that price point is designed to keep people on cable. NBA fans need access to the games in order to be fans. If you make it difficult, if you make it inconvenient, you know what they will do.
Speaker 2: They will do something else.
Speaker 1: They will probably watch something else, TikTok, Instagram, whatever, anything besides your product that you want these young fans to watch.
Speaker 2: NBA needs to step in.
Speaker 1: They need to give the local area some way to make sure the games are happening one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 2: It works every time. All that to say, what the fuck is ballet sports doing.