Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: We are getting closer to crowning an NBA champ and with the action heating up on the court hotter than ever. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app. It's great, I've got it. You should. Takes less than ninety seconds. Official sports betting partner of the National Basketball Association. Okay, now we got the Conference finals Pacer Celtics T Wolves Dallas Mavericks. These games have been so great live betting, same game parlays, odds, boosts, So much is covered. It's super easy for first timers to get started. Try betting on something simple like a team to win. So you go to the DraftKings Sports Book app again. Download it ninety seconds, select your squad, place your bet. It's that simple.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: New to DraftKings. It's called no sweat bet. This is a new one. It's easy, called no sweat bet. Up to fifteen hundred dollars. Just deposit at least five bucks. That's it, five bucks, a five spot, that's it, and you'll get a bonus bet back if your bet doesn't hit. Yeah, I said it right. If your bet doesn't hit, download DraftKings Sportsbook app. The coda is Colin. That's me Coli N Draftking sportsbook app download columns Coli N New customers. No sweat bet up to fifteen hundred dollars you get if you just deposit five bucks and your first bet doesn't hit. Only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight, open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. They say we may have a series. Minnesota Timberwolves take Game four on the road. They are now headed back to Minnesota, which I was just recently informed when I was there that it's called like the state of Lakes or Minneapolis is like the city of Lakes or a state of a thousand lakes or something of that nature. And it threw me for a loop because obviously I'm from the great State of Michigan and we are the great Lake State, and so I just didn't know like anyone had anything about their state that was anything about lakes. And so I gained a little more love for the state of Minnesota because y'all a lot like us. So yeah, but they are headed back to Minnesota for Game five, and we will get into that. We were also touched on the Celtic sweeping the Pacers and what was a close series.
Speaker 3: Yet not so close.
Speaker 1: All we will talk tylu and his extension and last but not least, the great Bill Walden Rest in peace. But don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Appreciate you. Thank you to all our los subscribers. We appreciate you as well. T Willves beat the Mavericks one five to one hundred in Dallas for Game four. It's funny because on air, I remember hearing somebody say yesterday, like one hundred points probably won't win you the game, and t Wolves get the one oh five. Dallas only gets to one hundred and one oh five happens to be enough. Ant Man comes back with Avengers twenty nine to nine and ten lovin for twenty five, shooting two five from the three, six turnovers, which we'll get into that a little bit as well, not ant Man's turnovers, but the turnovers as a whole for Minnesota. Kat came back with Avengers twenty five points, five rebounds in thirty minutes, battle and foul trouble most of the half, first half and pretty much most of the game. However, finished now for thirteen shooting four for five from three.
Speaker 3: Also ended up filing out the game.
Speaker 1: Luca another triple double twenty eight ten and fifteen seven to twenty one from field, four to four, eleven from three. Kyrie didn't have a Kyrie Irving type night with sixteen points, four assists, six for eighteen from the field, one for six from three, and so there you have it. In the words of the great Shaquille O'Neal, in the words of the great Childs Barkley, the stars gotta play well, and that's one side of the story doesn't quite tell the whole story. However, it does say tell one side. Now, if you look at this, they ended up outscoring Luca and Kyrie, Cada ended up scored. I was scoring Luca and Kyrie fifty four to forty four. And if I am the Dallas Mavericks, you can leave that game feeling a few different ways.
Speaker 3: You can leave that game feeling like Luca.
Speaker 1: Didn't play well, Kyrie didn't play well, PJ. Washington didn't play well, and we still had a chance down the stretch to win the game, only lost the game by five.
Speaker 3: You could look at it that way.
Speaker 1: If you're a Minnesota you can look at it and say, we've been in this position each game this series could easily be flipped the opposite way, and we finally made the necessary plays we needed to make down the stretch. And on top of that, they scored thirty points off our turnovers.
Speaker 3: If we cut those back, we're smooth selling. Now.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of ifs, and if the fifth we'd all be drunk right now. However, if I'm leaving that game, my thoughts would be Minnesota always have a chance because at Man's demeanor and at man played last night the way that he that we've grown the customer and man plan not in the first three games of this series. The first three games of this series, it almost looked like and was sick or something like and like, I don't want to be one of those Instagram doctors or face, so like take this with a grain of salt.
Speaker 3: But to me, it just looked like he was sick, Like he was gassed.
Speaker 1: Like for the majority part of all three games, he was gassed, Like didn't wasn't playing with the same force, was selling for a lot of threes, like it wasn't getting downhill at all.
Speaker 3: And that's not the ant Man that we've grown to know.
Speaker 1: And I heard him saying his postgame press conference last night, he said, you know, I just wasn't running to the corner and not getting the ball or shining away from the ball. And I heard him say that, and at Man strikes me as someone that hey, he's never going to make an excuse, So he's never going to come out and be like, yo, I was sick. If somebody on their staff come out and say sick, our hell gonna break lose, because then they got to deal with him.
Speaker 3: And so I just don't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't strike me as he's not an excuse maker, like he is a leader.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: He's a young guy who wants it, and we you know, we've talked about that all along, and so he just doesn't strike me as someone who'd come out and make an excuse. However, if you were watching the same game I was watching, he just didn't look the same. And when he came out and said last night, like, oh, I was shining away from the ball. I was just running to the corner, that's just him taking the blame on himself. Like, come on, put place all the blame here. Don't go blame my guys. Don't go blame cat, don't go blame Rudy Gobert. Place all the blame here. So I was running to the corner, hiding from the ball. And man, ain't never gonna be somebody that run to the corner and hide from.
Speaker 3: The ball.
Speaker 1: As they, as the young fellas say, he running up the chimney for the smoke. He ain't running to the corner. And like hiding from the ball. I've seen guys do that in this league. Superstars do that in this league. He don't strike me as one of those that's just going to run to the corner and sit there because of what may go wrong. Don't strike me as that. That ain't who he is. So I ain't rolling with that. And to me, it just looked like something was off. Lown's win was a little off. Didn't have that same burst that he had last night. Like you saw it right away last night. He got that ball in transittion boom, You're like, oh, he here today, right like he here. And when he did that, it also jolted their team. You could also see them all of a sudden, he went from like this to like, oh, we're here, because that is.
Speaker 3: Their emotional leader.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's their best player, but he's also their emotional leader. He's also their leader wear a lot. He wears a lot of hats for that team. And yeah, that's just not a guy that's going to do that. So everybody poked their chest back out. Kat continues his streak of playing awful in the first half, comes out with his chest poked out in the second half. A couple of drives to the rim, layup, another drive to the rim, layup sweet baseline, and one then hit the three right, So you work inside out. Coaches have always told me, like, you want to play the game inside out. You never want to play the game outside and you want to play the game inside out. You start in, you work your way out. You build a rhythm in, work your way out. The rhythm carries over. They've been playing the game outside in with a huge size advantage, so not taking away that, you're not taking advantage of that size advantage. So if you can't take advantage of the size disparity, then the size just comes a liability because you're definitely not fast enough on.
Speaker 3: The other end to keep up with those guys.
Speaker 1: So if you're not going to punish them on the offensive end for being that small, then the size is kind of off for nothing.
Speaker 3: And for three and a half games, that's exactly what we saw.
Speaker 1: In the first quarter yesterday, Minnesota outscored Dallas in the paint fourteen to two. Second quarter, Dallas even that out. Now they didn't even the total out the second quarter was just even A man ended up in foul trouble in the second quarter, Rudy go Bert ended up in fil trouble in the second quarter, Kat ended up in foul trouble. All of them was in foul trouble in the first half, and those numbers even out the second half started. They came right back out and you can tell that their game plan was, we're not shooting many threes, we're getting to the basket. In turn, at Man goes two for five from three. He's been taking eleven threes, twelve threes. Kat goes four to five from three. He's been taking nine threes, eight threes. He goes four to five, and the first one doesn't come until he's been going to the basket and getting whatever you want it. Now, I am not of the group that thinks Cat shouldn't shoot threes. Kat's a great shooter if you can do something as well as he can shoot the basketball, shoot the basketball. However, the slump that he was in, I think over the last six games or something before prior to last night.
Speaker 3: He was four for thirty two.
Speaker 1: At that point, that you're shooting that bad and you're playing against a team that you actually have an advantage on if you're going to post. Yeah, I'm not saying stop shooting, but you can't lead with the three. And Cat made that adjustment and he played his best game of the series.
Speaker 3: Now I'll tell you what something that I.
Speaker 1: Do when I am in these playoff series and I face elimination, and because sometimes this stuff is just mind games, like is mind tricks. Sometimes you got a fool yourself. It's funny because Math text me last night right when Luca got into it with Kyle Anderson, and Math's like, look, Luca's just does like Luca just finds stuff to get himself going.
Speaker 3: And I'm like.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you can clearly see it because yes, it was a close out game. Yes, all that dollars don't believe that Timberwolds can beat them, and.
Speaker 3: So they were kind of just like going through the motions.
Speaker 1: And I won't like say they weren't playing hard because it's the conference finers, like they but it wasn't the intensity level that you thought you'd see. And Luca immediately like was getting feisty at a few people, and you can tell he's just trying to bring himself up. But anyway, I kind of have this thing where we go through, you know, say we down in the series. I'm wearing all black, probably some black forces, and that's that why it's number one. I don't need to waste any time thinking about an outfit. We got a game to play. Number two, I can care less how I walk into this arena looking. I need to win some games so we don't get eliminated. Number three, I'm in all black sweatsuit, not the best looking black sweatsuit, some black forces, some black glasses. I'm going to war. Like this ain't about how I look in the tunnel. I'm going to war. I don't got time for none of that. And so I think number one Cat should probably take a page out of that book, like Cat be fresh. I ain't got to give it to him. He's been putting his fist together for the last few years. I gotta give it to him. But sometimes it just ain't time to think about that. And like that's something that I do, like when our back is really against the wall. And quite honestly, I can't remember how how it's maybe failed me once or twice, but it usually comes through for me because it's just winning is a mindset. Winning is a mentality. Winning isn't an X or O. Winning is a mentality. And I just want to remind myself and be sure that the moment I step out of this room or out of my house or the moment I step out of the car off this bus, I got one thing on my mind. That's how I'm going to war. I'm going to rob somebody for what they think is theirs and I think it's mine. And so that's the demeanor that Minnesota got to have, Like, yeah, you got one. Nobody wants to get swept. But guess what now, Minnesota not going to have the same intensity that they had in Game four to start Game five. Now, I think they'll be happy to get back home. They'll have some energy, for sure. There is nothing like facing the sweep. Nobody wants to get swept. Think about its Shack said, I spent swept five times in my career. People can name off the amount of I saw CP on ESPN the other night, like I've been swept one time in my career. Named it off right like that. People remember being swept, and people keep tracking that. So nobody wants to be the team that didn't win a game in a series like that sucks, man. And so they came out how we expected them to come out, feisty, chippy.
Speaker 3: You saw Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: I told you I love watching the games within the game, man, Rudy Gobert, Chuck gott Read a couple of times just running down the court boom boom, Luca a couple of times boom.
Speaker 3: Gafferd boom.
Speaker 1: I said, Oh, he's setting the tone. I see it. I respect it. Nobody will give them credit for that because people don't watch the game. Within the game, you know what they saw man, Kay had twenty five and Man had twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gotta do that.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, not taking away from them what those guys did, but you gotta set a tone, and I thought ant Man definitely set the tone offensively. Jaden McDaniels and Rudy Gobert set the tone defensively. Kyle Anderson came in and took that to another level. Jaden McDaniel's was all over Kyrie. Kyrie never was able to get it going. That's also a matchup that Kyrie hasn't seen much of, so ky is gonna have to make that adjustment. Kay is a wizard. I have no doubt that he'll be able to make the adjustment. But Jaden McDaniels and Rudy go Bear set a tone. Rudy like, Nah, you ain't just running down the court getting a free run.
Speaker 3: Boom nah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Scott Foster and Molloy Billy Kennedy, they was letting it go.
Speaker 3: They was letting it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those guys ended up in foul trouble, but I'll tell you what, they could have caught way more files than the foul trouble than those guys ended up and they letting it go. It's an elimination game. You going for a sweep. Don't call tiki tax stuff. I saw a few people like, oh, Scott Foster, Scott Foster's there.
Speaker 3: We know what time it is? Yeah, we do know what time it is.
Speaker 1: Scott Foster there, He ain't calling all that ticky tech stuff. That's what time it is. Ain't no TICKI tach gonna be called. I was Scott.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you ain't gonna get a much complaining.
Speaker 1: Because you know what you're gonna get with Scott. Told y'all Scott one of my favorites. Because I know what I'm gonna get. I don't have to guess. You know, some referees coming to the game, they act like they cool with you. You think y'all cool. You say something on boom like yo, I just had a full conversation with you, bro, how that happened? Like how we end up there? I just have full conversation with you through the game, end of the game. We have full conversations. And then you just hit me with a tech that fast, Like why you fake like that? You ain't getting that from Scott. You say hello to Scott's Hey, Draymond, how you doing. I'm great, Scott? How about you? I'm great, Draymond is good to see you. Good to see you to Scott. Family doing well. Family's great, Scott. How about you great? All right, Scott, have a go and you have a go on too, Dremond. And then I know exactly what I'm getting from there.
Speaker 3: Every single time.
Speaker 1: Don't come up to me on no bullshit, I'm gonna tex you. You continue, I'm gonna throw you out.
Speaker 3: It's just that simple.
Speaker 1: You got something you want to talk about, great, come on over here, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Tell me what you think. I'll tell you what I saw. That's that. We ain't gotta go back and forth about it. You could say something back like, oh, Scott, I'll just checked it all right? Cool? I got you.
Speaker 1: But if you go the wrong way he gonna tex you, so you know what you're getting with Scott. So I love to see Scott coming. Actually I am not of the bunch that's like, oh man, Scott here. Oh like No, I actually like.
Speaker 3: Because you're gonna get the real and you know what you're getting.
Speaker 1: So anyway, they let a lot go and Rudy Gobert setting the tone like he sat with the physicality Jaden McDaniels with the physicality Hawking Ki. Then their defense what's set. At Man set the pace on the offense, had a great first quarter. If I'm not mistaken, I think he had seventeen in.
Speaker 3: The first quarter.
Speaker 1: And then at Man ended up in foul trouble, but they stayed afloat Na's Reed made a couple of plays. Nikile Alexander Walker made a couple of big shots, Mike Conley got inside the lane, and I think most importantly at Man got to the free throw line. So with them setting the tone that they were setting. At Man getting to the free throw line, now you're playing against the set defense every time, and they already set the tone. Dallas, however, so you getting to the free throw line, but you're turning the ball over they kind of cancel each other out right, Like Dallas got some runouts off the turnovers, but they didn't get a runnouse off me shots because a man was getting to the free throw line shot eight free throws in the first quarter. We haven't seen that a man, because we haven't seen a man attacking like that, and so it was just a totally different, totally different ball club. I think that the absence of Derek Lively was huge, definitely makes a difference. He brings a certain energy to the group, certain bounciness, blocks some shots, obviously live threat graded in the short roll. Uh man, he makes the reads in the short role. He's even starting to finish in the short out of short row. And so they missed Lively for sure. Uh. I'm not sure what happened to DWIGHTE. Powell Man Dwhite Powers. Dwhite Power was good for many years, and he just he not giving them much at all, so much so that they almost they They brought Maxie Klaber back, who pretty much said before the game, like, yeah, my shoulder not right, but I'm gonna play. And I thought that was very interesting because they'll need Claybor I think against Boston they're able to get through this series, which I think they will, and they'll need Claybor against Boston because Clayber will spend some time on JT for sure. They like to put Claybor on long wings that they got. And so you got, yes, you know, we know PJ, we know d Jones gonna start on Jalen, and we know they'll start on Jalen and Jason. But you go to your bench who those guys are gonna be. I think Josh Green will probably be too small for those guys, and so you'll need the size.
Speaker 3: However, they had.
Speaker 1: To throw them a harm's way because Dwight Powell haven't given them anything, which has been shocking. Like DWIGHTE. Poule was good man for many years. Him and Luca had that connection and it's just been bad. It's been bad. Not sure what it is, but they need Lively back. So I thought that was.
Speaker 3: That. I thought that was a big loss.
Speaker 1: But I think we've all known in Minnesota has now figured out going inside is their strength, not shooting a bunch of threes.
Speaker 3: Going inside against it.
Speaker 1: Because you're not gonna You're not a better shooting team than Dallas. That's for certain, they are not a better three point shooting team than Dallas. So you're trying to out three point them. The one game that you actually outshot them from the three, you still lost because you're not doing what can make you successful against those guys, which is not shooting a three. Yes, of course it's the NBA. You're gonna take some threes. Gotta take some threes. But again, it can't be leading with that. And so I think the players of the Minnesota Timber was finally figured out, Man, I need to go inside. They even posted Rudy Goberrop a couple of times now, a couple of them.
Speaker 3: Luca has some bad files, Like.
Speaker 1: They've been following Rudy on the pocket pass like floaters, they've been following them on the post ups. And I don't understand it, Like, just make him make the shot. If he make the shot, great, guess what. We get the ball out fast, We're gone, boom. You get the ball to Kyrie handwin after so after made baskets. If I'm Dallas, I'm like, yo, we want to get the ball to Kyrie. You know why because I want to see if Kyrie can give me a one man fast break because he's more than capable. So let's see if Kyrie pushed his ball up the floor, what we get out of it. Even if it's not a one man fast break, what it will do is it'll cost some cross matches. Minnesota's being very particular with their matchups. And if Kyrie gets the ball and go, it's going to cost some cross matches because now saying, you got Rudy shooting and he makes it. Now Kyrie get the ball. As soon as the ball come out the net, boom, boom.
Speaker 3: Kyrie gone.
Speaker 1: Now Rudy got to sprint back, which means he ain't gonna be able to catch up with gafferd That Gafford take off, Derrick Jones take off. We saw once where Luca through Derrick Jones live boom, and so I want Kyrie going one man fast break. Luca gonna then make his way down the court. Wants Luca get down the court. If nothing there, we can swing the ball, Luca, we can get in our stuff. It's twenty seconds left on the shot clock, plenty of time because Kyrie getting it up fast, and I think that's something that Dallas should do. I think that's one of the adjustments that they can make on any made shot.
Speaker 3: Kyrie's in the game.
Speaker 1: You sprint to the ball, get the ball, and go see if we got something.
Speaker 3: If not, boom, Because.
Speaker 1: I think now that Minnesota's gonna try to take advantage of their size, Dallas needs to put more of an emphasis on taking advantage of their speed, their quickness, and I think that's one way to do it. Uh at Man, as I said, had a much better shooting night, and I think that was all the product of him getting to the cup, him getting to the paint, even some of the shots he missed. He missed a couple bunnies in the lane, which I think he can make. But even if you don't make a miss, the mindset, it's the mentality and that mindset, and that mentality is what those other guys follow. When ant man body language was this, he ain't have it. Guess what Rudy Gobar's body language was this and he ain't have it. Guess what cast body language was this and he ain't have it. So it's no surprise to me that Cat played well yesterday because the aggression that ant Man came out with made it okay for Cat to say, oh, well, I can play this way too.
Speaker 3: It's almost like a writer of pass, like, oh but he did it. Oh, I can do the too, So.
Speaker 1: That's all and man to me, that's all a man and man started off going to the whole, cat started off going to the whole. When that man was started shooting off jumpers, cat was started starting off shooting jumpers.
Speaker 3: So that's no coincidence.
Speaker 1: As I've said before, these guys follow that man and that's a heavy, heavy, heavy.
Speaker 3: Load to carry.
Speaker 1: But he's more than capable. And he did it last night. Now, unfortunately, and I guess fortunately, you still got a chance. Gotta do that three more times. We shall see before we move on, and I'll give you my prediction for game five. There is a lot of talk about Lucas foul, that he got that foul cut out and Luca hunt files. Here's what I said about that. Yes, Luca does hunt files. There are also a lot of other guys in the NBA that hunt files. I don't think Lucas game is built on hunt files because Luca is a tough shot taker and a tough shot maker. However, he's a very smart player and if there's a spot where he can draw a file, you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to draw a file.
Speaker 3: I don't think Luca is someone who seeks.
Speaker 1: Files, because there's a lot of guys in this league that seeks files and turns the ball over and seeking those files.
Speaker 3: Luca is not a turnover guy because he's seeking a file.
Speaker 1: So does he seek files? Yes, to his detriment, No, I do not think that at all. The particular play where he filed Kat out, everybody like, oh he jumped forward.
Speaker 3: Did he lean forward a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yes, but Cat came forward so much that you make yourself the susceptible to the call.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Can Scott Foster say, oh, we take that out the game? Yes you can. But like I said, on that one in particular, Kat leans so far, jumped so far forward that you almost have to call it because he left his feet got in the air, and when he made the contact with Luca, he's turned sideways.
Speaker 3: Now, I think he would have been better.
Speaker 1: Off if he jumped for straight ahead and he made that amount of contact, but he was straight forward.
Speaker 3: I think he would have been better off.
Speaker 1: The fact that he was turned sideways, Scott Foster almost have.
Speaker 3: To call that.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the l two him report Jackson. I'm not sure if you've seen it. I'm not sure if the NBA said that that should have been a no call. But if I had to bet, and I'm not allowed to bet, so take it with a grained salt. If I had to bet, I'd imagine they said it was.
Speaker 3: The correct call. So that's my opinion on Luca hunt Files.
Speaker 1: I definitely think Luca seeks to draw files for sure, by the way most great players do. However, I don't think he's one of the guys that does it to his detriment.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: My prediction for Game five is Minnesota will win Game five by double digits, and then.
Speaker 3: Dallas will go back home and win Game six.
Speaker 1: The reason I think that is because Minnesota will come out swinging and if they're able to build a lead. You see a lot of times in those situations that team like, you know what, we ain't got it. We going back home. We'll close it out then. But let me tell you, don't make that mistake. Injuries happen. The longer these series go on, the unknown can take place, So you want to close it out as soon as you can. And if I'm Dallas. We screwed up a golden opportunity last night. We can't screw up another one tomorrow. We gotta do all it. If I'm Dallas, I'm like, this is a must win. You know why, because even if we don't win in game six, guess what, y'all, this is a must win.
Speaker 3: I'm Dallas.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying, because we have to reach we have to reach their intensity level. They're down three to zero. Understandable, we don't reach the intensity level human nature. But we can't not reach their level twice. Because if we can't reach their level two times in a row, then they get the confidence and going back to game six, all the pressures then on Dallas. The reason why I'm comfortable with all the pressure being on Dallas because Luca and Kyrie we both know, we all know both of them will produce when those moments are there, when they matter, when the moment is the biggest, when everything's on the line, those two guys gonna come through. So I got Minnesota Game five, Dallas Game six, and other news. The Celtics sweep the Pacers another comeback win. Three out of the four wins were comeback wins. What do I make of this. I don't make much of it outside of like Boston knew they could beat them. They toy a round toy, round toy, run, get to the end, all right, here we go. They knew they could beat that team, especially once Holly Burdon went out. Now Game one, Jaylen Brown hit the shot, Indiana should have won that one. But all the other games, Boston knew, like, we're fine, just hang around, close it out at the end, and they did exactly that. Congratulations of Jaylen Brown winning the Larry Bird Eastern Conference MVP Trophy, well deserved. Thought he played great. I thought it also could have went to JT. However, not upset at all about seeing Jalen get that award. Thought it was great from him and j T cobon for fifty five points yesterday, and I thought they had a good showing. I do think if you know, you know, congratting them on getting back to the NBA Finals. I do think if they match up with Dallas or Minnesota, but I don't think Minnesota's going on, I think that will cause some problems and we'll get into that later more when it matters. We got to give Andrew Nimhar a lot of credit. And I spoke about nim Hart on the Pop before. Nim Har Man, dude is a soldier like small got that chip on his shoulder, like walk around with this like he got a little man syndrome. But his demeanor he carries picks up ninety four feet like you gotta love it, especially at that size. I always tell guards that size you come into this league, if you want to stay in this league, and you that size, you better go pick up ninety four feet. Do that mean you taking the ball from a guy?
Speaker 3: No, brother, this is the NBA.
Speaker 1: The likelihood of you taking the ball from an NBA point guard is very low. But you just got to work them, turn them a couple times, take a little bit of time off the shot clock. That's what small guards have to do in this league. And Andrew Nimhar does that. He plays with that chip on his shoulder. Like I said, what he's shown me is his ability to score a buck basketball. You know, I knew he could shoot the three decent. I knew he could get to the hole at you know, straight line. I didn't know he can get in this bag and pull up me and he gets stop and get to the Cup.
Speaker 3: I ain't know he had all that, but he continues to show more and more. And it'll be.
Speaker 1: Interesting, you know, as his contract continues to play out over these next couple of years, how teams will view him. What would his progress be over the summer? How does he come back next year? Because I think he can possibly one day put himself in a position to get a shot at being a league guard in this league. You know, we saw Montay Morris get that shot recently in Washington. We saw Tys Jones get that shot recently in Washington. Now you know, some would say like, oh, I don't know if Roshton was the right place for them to take that opportunity. When you get an opportunity at to start rolling the NBA, I don't care. Where is that, brother, you take it? And so I think Nimhr will get an opportunity at some point or another, especially if he continues to play the way he's playing. I told you I liked them hard. I like his demeanor, I like his game. His game continues to grow on me because he continues to show more and more. And when a guy continues to show more and more like that, when a guy go out. I haven't even more respect for him because that means, you know, like, oh, I got to play this role, and I'm take a back seat.
Speaker 3: And play my role.
Speaker 1: And I respect that because so many guys come in this league and can't figure out how to play a role and it cost them. They think they're supposed to be superstars, and it cost him. I think that was actually one of the things that was hurting cam Thomas in Brooklyn when Kyrie and Kaden was there. He gets some games where you're like, oh, man, he went off, and then he wouldn't play a bunch right, And I think that was in large part do that because he would never really find a role outside of just scoring the basketball. And if you don't in this league, it's hard, man, because very seldomly is a team just gonna let you go out there and score. Now he's in Brooklyn, they got Riddle all their guys, and so he gets a chance to do that now. But say, if you get traded, the likelihood of a team just like, oh, we're gonna give you the ball and you go score slim and so you have to do other things. And I think nim Hart is mastering that and like I said, to watch him these last couple of games, take on an even bigger role and show what he's capable of against a great boss. In Celtics defense, to all NBA defenders, you gotta give you, gotta give nim Hard his credit.
Speaker 3: I like his game, and he continues to grow.
Speaker 1: Celtics makes it to the finals with only two losses, and everyone is saying that road isn't tough enough.
Speaker 3: Now, if I'm.
Speaker 1: Honest, I don't ever think the East is that tough. But I've also made it to an NBA finals and lost one game along the way, zero games along the way, maybe lost one in the finals. Let's see, the year was two thousand and seventeen.
Speaker 3: You want to guess, you want me to tell you, And.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, we lost one game in the finals, three straight sweeps and then up three out. Yep, I remember that, and no one would say, oh man, they role wasn't tough enough. So don't give me the Boston Celtics road isn't tough enough. They haven't been battle tested all of that. Whether they get to this NBA Finals and win or lose will not be because they haven't been battle testing let me tell you that. Okay, you don't get to the NBA Finals and at some point throughout the year you ain't been battle tested, don't happen. Won't happen. It ain't happening this time. Congratulate them on their run. Whoever you've placed in front of them, they beat down. They let a couple games get away that I actually don't think they should have let it away. Nonetheless, they're in the NBA Finals with two losses, and as I said, we'll get into that later. So moving on, ty Lou signs a five year, seventy million dollar extension with the Clippers. Get the bag, Tlu, get the bag well deserved, my brother. Congratulations to t Lou, one of the best coaches in the R League, one of the more respected guys in the R League. Continue to climb his way up and gets the extension that he deserves, deserves to be paid right up there with the top coaches in the league because he is one of those guys. So shout out to t Lou, Shout out to Rich Paul Clippers going into that new building.
Speaker 3: They're going into that new building with at.
Speaker 1: Least Kawhi Leonard and with at least ty Lou, and I think that's a great way to roll into a new building. So congrats to them. Congrats to t Lou, like I said, well deserved my brother. Much love to t Lou. And before we get out of here, rest in peace to the great Bill Walton. I mean, I have many memories of Bill being around, especially during Luke's time here, but you know he'd even come around a couple of times here and there once Luke left here, and just always great, amazing outlook on life, incredible candor, incredible spirit, free spirit, super big smile, always grin is from here to here.
Speaker 3: Just always brought great energy. Man.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm not old enough to act like I know how great of a player Bill one was.
Speaker 3: I've seen highlights. I've seen a couple of games.
Speaker 1: But I'm I don't, you know, outside of what I've read and heard. You know, I can't speak much to his playing career, but I can speak to the man that I've met, had the opportunity to spend some time around.
Speaker 3: And I can also speak to the color commentator.
Speaker 1: Because anytime I can turn on, like sometimes you be just scrolling through the channel and it'll be like Hawaii versus somebody, and like Bill Wats is doing the game, and I'll stop and watch the game, and I'm not really watching the game. I'm listening to Bill watting talk because it's fun. The things he say are hilarious, and like Reggie was saying yesterday, he'll be talking about basketball in a roundabout way, but you probably don't understand it because he's going about it in a roundabout way and mixing in some life and some one liners and he'll hit you with an open ended at lead.
Speaker 3: You're like.
Speaker 1: And absolutely incredible watching games with Bill Walton doing the game. I mean so amazing, funny, lighthearted, I mean just incredible. Like he's not attacking any watch although Shock said he attacked him.
Speaker 3: I never saw that from Bill.
Speaker 1: Just an incredible man, raised, an incredible man who I know really well. Luke Walton, as I said on the podium, Luke Walden or at the desk, Luke Walden was the coach when I made my first All Star game. Luke started that you're coaching because Steve wasn't doing well, and we started off forty two and four.
Speaker 3: It's actually the year we won seventy nine.
Speaker 1: I mean, excuse me seventy three, and Luke's incredible man.
Speaker 3: Luke is.
Speaker 1: Incredible basketball mon but an even better human being. And he's every bit of Bill like. Not as outspoken, although if you're around, look super outspoken, but looks just like his father, carries himself just like his father, walks just like his father, the same stature as his father. Worship the ground his dad walk on. And to see Luke go through this, it hurts my heart. I send my love to Luke, breathe, their children, Bill's wife, Laurie, Luke's siblings. I send my love to all of them. Because the world lost an incredible man. The NBA family lost an incredible family member. And as Charles Barkley said, the world was a much better place two days ago when Bill was still in it.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna miss Bill.
Speaker 1: The spirit that he brought to the NBA will live on, and I know the NBA would do right by.
Speaker 3: Memorials for him, keeping.
Speaker 1: His name alive because he was great to the NBA, a great steward of the game. We love Bill Walden. Rest in peace, big man. We're gonna miss you. That's a rap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show.
Speaker 3: Peacea