Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovak, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, let me get to some of the individual gainers.
Speaker 4: Vertex Pharmaceuticals closing out more than eight percent, best day since December of twenty twenty three, top performer in both the S and P and Nasdaq one hundred.
Speaker 3: The biotech company.
Speaker 4: Said it's drug to treat a kidney disorder met its goal in a late stage trial, providing a boost to its strategy a moving beyond cystic fibrosis treatments. RBC Capital Markets weighing in and said the positive data showed exactly what was necessary to confirm the drug's high potential and gets the company pass their key unknown for twenty twenty six. He estimates the drug could eventually generate about five billion dollars in sales if it can win approval in multiple conditions. Vienna a top performer two in the S and P five hundred. That one gaining ground as well, up about six percent. It's a forty eight billion dollars market cap communications equipment company. A couple things that play. Analysts raising price targets for this one since the company reported earnings last week on March fifth, twelve, analysts raising price targets by an average of twenty four percent. Need a analyst Ryan Coons saying several networking and optical technology companies position to benefit from rising hyperscale cloud spending as AI infrastructure continues to expand, and Heed did identify Sienna along with a few other companies as a result. One more for you, Rivian rallying td cowen coming out upgrading the automaker to buy from hold. The analyst there positive on the stocks risk profile going into the launch of its R two mid size suv that stock up more than four percent. Rivian that is price target to twenty from seventeen. Stock still down about fourteen percent year to day. Nearly sixteen percent of the.
Speaker 3: Float is short.
Speaker 4: And keep in mind this one is still down ninety percent. It's a high back in November of twenty two one, but tdcow and liking it investors too, pushing it up about four percent today.
Speaker 5: Guys, Well, let's take into some of the decliners on the day, we're looking at shares of Boeing down more than three percent at the closing bell. This is the biggest drop since November for the stock. This is after a Boeing said that a wiring flaw found on its seven thirty seven Max will delay some deliveries of the jet, this of course setting shares lower at the closing bell. The company said it's overall delivery target of roughly five hundred of the seven thirty seven jets for the year remains unchanged despite the quality lapse. But clearly the street is not really liking this news. We know that the stock did rebound in twenty twenty five year to date after having a pretty dismal twenty twenty four down about thirty two percent, But if we look at the activity for this year alone, it's up just about one percent. So it seems as though Boeing is really trying to buy to get a lot of its investors back on board here. Moving from there, let's go to West Pharmaceutical Services. This company has struggled this year. Today we're seeing the stock down more than five percent for its worst day since February of twenty twenty five. The stock is down about fifteen percent this year, but today we're seeing it lower after the company said that long term CEO, Eric Green, plans to retire. This marking the second recent exec change after announcing the hiring of a new CFO last year. So some of those management changes weighing on sentiment in the trade. Lastly, let's wrap things up with centeen. This is seeing its worst day since July of twenty twenty five. This company's about eighteen billion dollars in marketcap, a healthcare managed care company based in Saint Louis. We did see that shares we're seeking the companies that it expects enrollment in the ACA marketplace to decline by about thirty five percent or more across the industry after some federal ACA subsidies did expire, So not great news for the company. Shares down about sixteen percent on the day.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick look at yields here. We did see a lot of volatility in that space, but the net effect is yields higher on the day. Your tenure yield for a six day in the past seven up about five basis points. A two year yield up for a fifth day in the past seven up about five basis points, and the longer end of the curve you don't have up there. Oh there it is a thirty year yield is saw the most activity there in terms of the selloff, with pushing yields higher by about seven basis points.
Speaker 4: All right, of course, we are waiting Oracles earning, so just kind of glued to our Bloomberg and we'll bring you those results as soon as they cross.
Speaker 3: There we go, stocks moving.
Speaker 1: Up, oracleture, Oracle earnings out crossing the wire right now. Three Q adjusted revenue does appear to have beaten estimates. The company is saying that it's all twenty two percent growth to about seventeen point one nine billion dollars. The street was looking for about sixteen point eight nine billion dollars on a constant currency basis, up about eighteen percent. Cloud revenue up forty four percent to eight point nine billion dollars, in cloud application revenue up eleven percent to four billion dollars, roughly in line with estimate. Software revenue also higher. Here off of those numbers, and still looking here and here is your revenue guidance. The company says that for its total revenue guidance is now being boosted to about ninety billion dollars. I need to take a closer look at that comparison here, and we need to dive in a little bit deeper into that CAPEX number, which is going to be very deeper into the release.
Speaker 6: Yeah, still looking for CAPEX, still looking for their cash flow as well, that was negative to the tune about ten billion dollars last quarter. You can see shares though, popping right now, higher by about four percent. But Carol, it's important to know how low the bar was heading into these earnings. Their last high was on September tenth, and through today's close, down more than fifty percent since then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, interesting to see.
Speaker 4: I was just kind of going through the press relief looking for a little bit more in terms of capital expenditures. But what's interesting is you are seeing this stock up about four percent here in the aftermarket, So investors at least initially liking what they got here, Nora.
Speaker 5: Right, And it seems as though, you know, Oracle needed this win. As Katie was saying earlier, the bar was pretty low, but I mean investors will really be focused as I was hearing from some of my sources on the cloud business and not specifically how quickly Oracle could turn major bookings from customers like open Ai into actual revenue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there was a lot of discussion here coming into this. I mean, remember we had seen reports about Bloomberg, about the company scaling back in terms of headcounts, scaling back in terms of some of its spending plans with the guards to that stargate center down there in Texas, and the idea they're coming into this report, investors really wanted to see what that cappex number could be or would be, and whether they would raise it or maybe even for tailing. We are now starting to get a little bit of a trickle here about the forecast. The company is saying that were the current quarter, the fiscal fourth quarter, it expects revenue to grow from eighteen percent to twenty percent on a constant currency basis. The company they're guiding, so I guess slightly higher than I guess what the street was looking for.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, that revenue guidance too again up to ninety billion dollars, certainly catching the attention of the after hours trade. It's going to be interesting too to see how this is reflected when it comes to the debt markets. Obviously very much in focus when it comes to heading into this report. You consider that when it comes to their five year CDs at the highest level since January two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: All right, so I just want to go back here to those numbers they are just diving through their release, the company says if for the full fiscal year, which basically ends this quarter, they're expecting capital expenditures of about fifty billion dollars, that's unchanged from its previous guidance for the fiscal twenty twenty seven. The company says it is raising its total revenue guidance to that ninety billion dollar number, but it is not, at least not in the press release, providing a capex figure, So maybe we have to wait for that until the conference call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like that's going to be something that's certainly going to be asked about. But again, we continue to see this stock now up about seven percent here in the aftermarket, so we're definitely seeing a pop to the pside.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app
Speaker 1: MHM.