Speaker 1: Hey, everybody's Sunday Sampler time.
Speaker 2: We'll get to some Sore Losers movie Mike's Movie podcast, but we're gonna start with a little bit of Doctor Josie. It's the final episode of season one of In the Vets Office and Caroline Hobby stop Buy had her three month old puppy, Ruby, and they talked about what you need to know whenever you have a puppy, because I think anytime we get a new puppy, we're like, holy crap.
Speaker 1: What they talked about, what to do and what not to do.
Speaker 3: Let's get started.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Here's a clip of this week's episode of In the Vets Office with Doctor Josie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're listening to In the Vets Office with Doctor Josie Horshak.
Speaker 4: Right, So we got Ruby on a whim and I am not following any of the rules.
Speaker 6: This is my daughter's dog. Thankfully. Ruby loves to.
Speaker 4: Rough house, goes to She and Sunday and Ruby like play and wrestle all the time. But just working on the potty training. They were seventy percent there. She is sleeping in the bed. Oh or I'll talk about that. Not sure about the food situation because she started off with one food. Then when eat it and tried to give her another one, and then she got diarrhea.
Speaker 6: And so I'm just like the basics of starting up.
Speaker 4: A dog and perfect you know, I guess, nailing down what you need to do in the beginning I could use.
Speaker 6: Really, the potty training is my number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is so important when they are at this age, they're very impressionable, and we're setting them up for success for the rest of their life. Because Ruby og, we know how that plight, we know how that goes. So remind me Ruby two point zero. We'll call her. She's fourteen weeks. Yeah, okay, I'm a big proponent.
Speaker 5: Of the crate.
Speaker 6: Okay, it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is soul sucking for someone like me who is a dog mom.
Speaker 5: I like, live for my dogs.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm torturing them, especially puppies when you put them in the crate and they cry. I mean, it's just like the worst thing in the world. But it is going to set you up for success. Tell me, okay, tell me why, and then how do you do the crate? So you want to make sure you get to create a The size is super important. We want to get to create that isn't too big. We want it to be big enough where she can get in it, move in a circle, kind of lay down and get subtled, but not big enough that she can go to one side of the crate and pee and poop and then skidad all over to the other side.
Speaker 6: Okay, So she has to be like just enough.
Speaker 4: To correct, like somewhat confined, but not big enough for her to run around in it. So size is really important. I think it's nice to have like the metal wire ones where they can see out, and then at night, if she's in her crate, which she should be, you could throw a blanket over it. That way, it's nice and dark and it is far and away our best tool for potty trading. Can they make it through the whole night at fourteen weeks? The kind of rule of thumb is for every month they are plus one, that's how many hours they can hold it through the day. Usually by this time around fourteen weeks, some of them can hold it overnight. But you probably are looking at getting up once in the early morning to take her out to go potty.
Speaker 6: And will she like cry?
Speaker 4: You think she Once she gets great trained, she'll probably whine to let you know she needs to go out. There's some puppies that are gonna whine because they just want to be with you. But it's almost like a baby where you start to understand, like are you crying because you want my attention? Are you crying because you need to go potty? But you're I mean fourteen weeks. Gosh, you've only got another like three or four weeks. And she'll be able to hold it through the.
Speaker 6: Evening well just because she is sleeping in the bed. I have noticed.
Speaker 4: I took her out like at eleven last night, and she did make it till like six this morning. Okay, that's great. So now we know that she can hold it, so this is perfect. So yeah, I would doing it all wrong, That's okay, that's okay. So create is so important. I tell owners potty training is on us. If they have an accident in the house. We don't necessarily want to punish them because we aren't necessarily doing our job. And it's very kind of saying it, saying you messed up. Yeah, yeah, I don't. I'm not gonna say you messed up, but want that so during the day they need to go out. It feels like one hundred times.
Speaker 6: All the time.
Speaker 4: Okay, so how often do we need That's like huge, It's like every thirty minutes you gotta take them out, or what is every time after they eat, after they drink, after they wake up from a nap, after they're done playing.
Speaker 5: I mean it is like constant.
Speaker 4: Do you say, like, go potty, go body, I sady, yep, go potty, give them the chance to go. I Also, I am really big on if you are going to peepad train, no stick with pea pads for all of you out there that are ppad training. Worst, if you're not going to peepad train, like long term, you want them to go outside, do not start peap pads at all.
Speaker 6: Oh be really confusing for the peapads or the visit the bane, the veine of my existence.
Speaker 4: The bane of my existence got me both. Yeah, because they just don't quite get the peapad. They'll put their front paws on it and they're pee on the carpet. I mean, yeah, congratulations to people doing well with peapads.
Speaker 7: I never have And.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of like little dogs and high rises that do great in the right right. But when we're potty training some people be like, well, I'm using peapads for now, and then I want them to go on the grass, and that just is really difficult. So so go outside, go to the same spot and the same spot. Yep. Make it really consistent, really can really routine, same spot, and then I find a really high reward treat that they love. I had one dog that was so hard to potty train that I got turkey hot dogs and I slice them into tiny pieces and the only time she got a piece of a turkey hot dog is when she went potty outside like she was supposed to. And that just kind of helps them. It helps it click. So you say, good potty, here's your treat, like right then, right then and there, so you have it with you when you take them outside.
Speaker 5: You want to have treats in your pockets at all times when you have a puppy. So okay, okay, go out with your turkey hot dogs.
Speaker 4: As soon as soon as she goes, give her a little bit, tell her she did a great job. And then you go right back inside, and you want to make it like, hey, you did an awesome job. Like your neighbors are going to think you're insane, but you know, lots of reward.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So so put in their credit at night right when you wake up, take her outside with the treat, have it ready, yep? Then feeder, then feeder, and then right back out to go potty again.
Speaker 6: And how long do you wait after they eat? I typically will go.
Speaker 5: Right after they eat.
Speaker 4: It takes her a lot of poop, and like I'll take her out and then she'll pee, and then we'll hang out there for a while and then she just woll poop and then she'll come in and poop inside that what is that? That is just her being young and not getting it yet, So just stick with it. Once she goes potty, I would only give her like a minute or two to go poop. If she's not going to do her business, then it's back inside because they can get kind of distracted a butterfly, you know, and they're like pooop, yeah exactly, So back inside, give them a few minutes, and then you can go back out again and give it another shot. And then during the day when you were not directly supervising her in the crate. In the crate, I know it's it's soul sucking.
Speaker 5: I'm telling we just let her when we leave, we just leave her in the house. Oh Lord and Almighty.
Speaker 4: That I feel about that, doctor, I don't feel great about that. I mean, I suppose in some puppies it works, but in ninety nine percent of them, it's a recipe for ruby og.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So as soon as I leave here, I need to go get a crate. Yes, definitely, you can on Amazon. You can get them at any pet store. Get a create immediately, yep, get it create immediately.
Speaker 5: And the crate.
Speaker 4: That's a whole other thing is we want it to be a place that they want to go.
Speaker 6: How do you make it that?
Speaker 5: So I throw a.
Speaker 4: Little blanky in there, not not too much stuff, but I'll blanket if you want to put one of your t shirts in there that smells like you.
Speaker 5: Throw it in a room.
Speaker 4: Where you guys are often in, typically like a living room. Leave the door open. That way, she can kind of come and go as she pleases. Lots of positive reinforcement, so treats when she goes into her crate. Some people will like even feed them there. If they're food motivated, they'll feed them their meals in the crate, so they just we want to associate the crate with positivity. We don't ever really want to use it as punishment, like, oh, you Pete in the house, I'm going to put you in your crate.
Speaker 5: We do not want to do that.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good advice.
Speaker 4: And if you don't have a Kong, I would get a cong. Those are like those rubber volcano looking toys.
Speaker 6: Put that in the crate.
Speaker 4: I typically put like a little tablespoon of peanut butter, throw it in the freezer. And then when you put her in her crate and you're leaving to like run an errand it's like, Hey, I'm going on my crea.
Speaker 5: This is not the end of the world because.
Speaker 6: I have a cong.
Speaker 5: I have an amazing peanut butter filled kong.
Speaker 2: The first songs you learned was it for me? It was a lot of classic rock stuff. And I'm not the player that you are, but I remember just.
Speaker 1: What I what I would learn.
Speaker 2: I would learned like Metallica stuff, because some of that stuff was easy. I'd learn like some using like tab. I would learn like some.
Speaker 1: Guitar times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even use tab anymore. But at the beginning, it was really good for me to learn, you know, six three. But what what was that for you? What did you want to learn? What did you learn first?
Speaker 8: I can't read music at all, period whatsoever. I don't read a chart. I hardly know the Nashville skills here, Like I know enough to understand what they're talking about, but I don't. I've never been able to. It doesn't translate with me. So it's all about ear. That being said, the first things that I kind of learned when I started playing guitar, I mean, simple Man, Smoke on the Water.
Speaker 1: Those are all like dittymoke on the Water.
Speaker 4: Army.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, But like when you talk about getting into like ultimate guitar tabs and like all that kind of stuff. Like the first ones that I remember putting together all the way through were Drake White songs. Probably the first ever was probably a simple Man letter Skinnered. That was probably the first one, top to bottom that I learned all the way through.
Speaker 1: How long until you could actually sing and play?
Speaker 8: Oh god, it took a while, man, it was, you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm not the I'm not I'm.
Speaker 8: Still not the player that I want to be when it comes to this hand, you know, or this one, you know. But it took a while, and my timing used to be so weird, so weird, man.
Speaker 2: What about because it haven't you know, we get to know you a little bit over the past couple of years the time that we spent together. You're not a guy it's gonna walk into a room and just demand everybody's.
Speaker 1: Attention when everybody's just hang around talking. You don't say a lot.
Speaker 2: You have a big presence because you're a big guy, and you definitely dress like you're gonna murder someone if they cross you. However, I would not, just by knowing you as a person, think well, this is a guy that wants to get on stage and sing or talk or entertain in any way whatsoever. Now did you have the same demeanor younger? And was your dad and your family like.
Speaker 3: You want to do what?
Speaker 8: My dad never wanted us to lay brick and block, So anything other than that was very welcome in our family. Now, my siblings have taken over the family business and they're doing that, you know. But they all went out and had their time in the world and chase their dreams and they've come home and you know, all that stuff. But no, he wanted anything other than what he was doing.
Speaker 2: He had to be so surprised though, and maybe he wasn't, but that you wanted to go entertain people, because again, if you meet you, you don't think, well, he wants to get on stage and just rock people's face off.
Speaker 1: You're like, that guy's.
Speaker 2: Probably I don't know what kind of mobb he's in, what kind of cattle he's trading, who knows, But you know, your personality on stage is large. Your personality here it's very compact. Your demeanor is very straightforward. People can hear that I used to be scared of you, not anymore, but he's scared of you when I first met you because I was like this, dude, he hates my guts, but I would compare like you, and I'm friends with Kane Brown. I thought Kine hated me because Kine doesn't say a whole lot, no, no man, a few words. Yeah, Now that I know Kane and love Kane like, that's one of the things I love about him. It's like he's still who he is off stage, but then when he gets on stage he puts it on again. Were they surprised that you wanted to get on stage and put it on.
Speaker 8: It definitely took some time to grow on my mom. She didn't quite understand. She didn't quite not fathom it at first, but she was like, I don't know, honey, you know, I don't know. And I'm also talk about two and a half three years before she was like, okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's also got to be weird too, because where I come from, nobody did anything in the art community because they worked at the mill. Like they worked at the mill, or they had a job, you know, just because where you and I both come from, it's not like people move off and are, for my case, work on radio and TV or your case, they don't move off and become country stars. So it's not the people say you can't do it, but they don't know that you can because no one else really does it around.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the only the only people that the only references we had from around home, you know, coming from construction, we don't know the music industry, right. The only references we had were brothers Osbourne and Nuggie Rose. You know they Maggie's from Mechanicsville and the brothers are from literally twenty used to life fires the same place as they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that hasful though, to see those guys and see that they were doing it, and it because again, there is.
Speaker 1: Normal I know their parents. There is normal and blue collar.
Speaker 8: And there's like two hundred and fifty of them of them, of the of the OSBA. It's it's nuts, man, It's it's nuts. I've met fifteen uncles of theirs.
Speaker 6: They They've been.
Speaker 8: Really good to us over the last couple of years. The first big ass show that we did was Delaware State Fair with them, and I remember choking so bad.
Speaker 1: I choked on Hallelujah.
Speaker 8: On Ryan Bingham's Hallelujah, I've been playing the song for three years and just too much happening in my brain and just completely choked on it. But that was the biggest show that we had done to that date, and they were so good to us and have.
Speaker 1: And have continued to be.
Speaker 8: But there they were the only they were the only even close to us that we were like, that's dope, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like and humans like us can do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that I mean, I think representation, regardless of what it is, you were kind of being represented by somebody showing that if you want to do it, and you're good enough to do it, and you.
Speaker 1: Work hard enough to do it.
Speaker 9: It actually can be done personally.
Speaker 10: Visuals than.
Speaker 11: This episode is all about careers and finding happiness within success.
Speaker 6: I have on Ashley Stall, who is a.
Speaker 11: Career coach with years of experience, talking about the best way to discover your direction in life and how to find fulfillment in a career. Then Melissa Schleichner joins me. She's a celebrity makeup and hairstylist, most known for her salon Parlor three in Nashville. And of course we're being Carrie Underwood's full time hair and makeup stylist for over seventeen years. Making the leap to a new job can also be super scary. How can one know or feel that they're making the right move for themselves, because that's a really terrifying place to be.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 13: I think that life is really an experiment and you need to be willing to take what you know and with the best of your knowledge, move forward. Fulfilling and successful career really has three lily pads, is what I've found. The first lily pad is kind of what the majority of the workforce unfortunately chooses to be in, which is they're fine, and they're fine with being fine, and maybe they don't love what they do, they like it enough or it pays the bills and they stay there. There's a certain population that swims from lily pad one to lily Pad two, which is where my work really is geared to take people. That's about really figuring out where you're a gifted and where your talents are. So if you're willing to swim from being fine to really finding your gifts, you need to go through an unknown and an experimental period. Clarity comes from engagement. It's never going to just come from thinking. You can't think. It's like rocking in a rocking chair, just thinking and ending up in the same place. Ultimately, a certain level of thinking got you to where you are, And as Albert Einstein has set in many of his quotables, you need to do something new to get somewhere new. That comes down to experimenting. So in order to get to that second lily pad, there comes a point where you need to say this feels like it's aligned with my core skill set and really understand your core skill set is a huge umbrella with many different options beneath it and many different ways of expressing yourself beneath it.
Speaker 6: And once you lock.
Speaker 13: In to a role that's using your gifts, people notice your magic because it's actually rare, unfortunately, to see someone in a role where they're really aligned with their skills.
Speaker 7: And you know it, if you think about.
Speaker 13: Your work right now or your team right now, you know there's one person that comes to mind where they're really shining because they're locked in with their skill set and people always want to get and that's the thing. A lot of research shows that the most talented and high impact person is the most burnt out person because people see how gifted they are and they want to give them more work because they can trust them to get it done with a lot of shine on it. And so I think going into that experimental period, trying things on that gets you onto that second lily pad where you're working in your zone of genius, and from there life becomes a game of opportunities. You start to sift between your yeses and your nose because once people start to see someone really talented, they start to ask them and offer them different opportunities. And the thing with opportunities is that they can be a very high form of distraction, because sometimes opportunities are a yes for you, other times they're just distracted you and they're not actually what you're meant for. So your job, when you get to that second lily pad and you finally have experimented enough to land in a role that's really using your skills and showing your gifts and you're shining, is to be able to say yes to the right things for you, be a little more discerning about who you really are, what your values are, what your skills are, and how you want to be growing. And once you find that right opportunity, you have an opportunity to swim over to the third lily pad, and not everybody makes it there. I believe that that lily pad is kind of what they would call your dharma you're calling, and I've only been there once in my career. When I was writing my book, it felt like time didn't exist. Words were just flying through my fingers as I was typing for deadlines with my publisher. It was like this magical experience that was beyond me and it felt like soul work. And I think a fulfilling life doesn't have to get you to that part where you're really doing your dharma. But I wish for everyone to at least have an opportunity to access that human experience. And I would say, you really can't get there unless you're willing to experiment, to engage, to try on different things. And it doesn't mean you need to be reckless, you need to be thoughtful.
Speaker 11: What was that first connection that happened for you? I listed so many of the country music starts you were working with. When did that begin and what did that look like to even get your foot in that door?
Speaker 14: So it started there was another makeup artist, Melanie. There was not very many makeup artists when I was started for the celebrities, and there was a girl named Melanie Shelley and I was kind of her assistant, and I would do people when she couldn't do it, and she was just amazing. She was working with the Dixie Chicks, Alan Jackson, Lena Womack, all these different people.
Speaker 13: Well, she got super busy with the Dixie Chicks, so I would.
Speaker 14: Go do Alin Jackson for her or different people, and you know, it just kind of evolves where it wasn't they liked me, but she was just really busy at the time. My first real client was Alan Jackson.
Speaker 11: And what does that look like doing makeup for a male artist, because a lot of people are like, oh, makeup, hair, it's all female.
Speaker 14: I love male grooming like it's easy, but it's also me. You think, oh, just slap some powdery. It's not that easy. They're going on TV. You have to make sure everything looks great. They're brows and all the good things. But I love male grooming so much.
Speaker 13: How did the connection to Carrie happen?
Speaker 14: Carrie was this girl on American Idol. I didn't watch TV much. I was weren't busy doing my freelance stuff. Here Alan Jackson, Leo Walmack, all these people. And my daughter Hunter was watching American Idol when bo and Carrie were on there she won, which my daughter was obsessed with carry and I said, oh, Hunter, they called me for that girl you love on American Idol for her first Afrey debut. She's like, mom, you have to do it. And so I had Alan Jackson that night. So I actually was like, Okay, I can come get it ready, but I have to leave. So I did it.
Speaker 6: Didn't think anything about it.
Speaker 15: I just did it for my daughter.
Speaker 14: That was eleven years old at the time to get an autograph. And then I think like two weeks later, I was working with other artists. They were kind of slowing down and called me for like thirty dates for Carrie and I was like, oh, okay, I liked her.
Speaker 10: She's great.
Speaker 7: And then it just went from there.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it live.
Speaker 12: Oh the one, two, three, Sore Losers.
Speaker 3: What up, everybody? I am lunchbox.
Speaker 16: I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 12: It's Susan. I'm from the North. I'm an alpha male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife.
Speaker 3: We do have a farm.
Speaker 12: It's beautiful, a lot of acreage, no animals, a lot of crops. Hopefully soon corn pumpkins, rye. I believe maybe a little fescue to be determined. Over to you, coach.
Speaker 16: And here's a clip from this week's episode of The Sore Losers. The wife and I kind of got in a little tiff because get home with the kids, you know, and I'm outside and I'm on the phone with Granny and Grandpa and Toolbox and you know, hat Box. We're just chatting away and we're I'm just hanging in the front yard. The kids keep coming in and out. They're talking to me, get away from the moat, and I end up talking to my parents for like forty five minutes, just about life, how everything's going.
Speaker 3: Hey, dad, I never asked you what's your favorite color? No, no, don't.
Speaker 16: I don't know what his favorite color is. Don't know what my mom's favorite color is either, never really asked them that. But we're just talking about other things, just talking.
Speaker 12: Hey dad, how's your sex life.
Speaker 16: I'd rather talk to my kid about sticking his fingers and his butt and smelling them than know about my parents' sex life. Do you think about that like your parents are Hey no.
Speaker 12: No, I mean you could think of you realize your mind's really powerful. You could think about anything any moment of the day. But I choose the things that I think about. But when you look at your mom and dad, do you think, man, they still do it. No, I don't ever think about that because that's just a gross thought. But I have ways of blocking stuff out of my head, like if I do something a mistake, block from the head. Forget about it Friday afternoon. Don't care about it, so you can block stuff. You have that power. You need to teach your son he has that power to not wonder about what's in his buttthole.
Speaker 16: I agree, I need him to block that out because I do think about that. Like I think about like when my father in law's around, Like does he sit there and go, man, this dude's banging my daughter. Does he have that thought or is that not in his head now?
Speaker 3: I mean I originally probably yes, but now.
Speaker 16: Like you don't think your father in law sit there going, man, he's going to bed with my daughter. I gots so weird, like that is a weird concept that eventually your kid is gonna be I don't know. That's just weird to me.
Speaker 12: Right if you choose to think about that. But I just don't, well, I don't choose to think about it.
Speaker 16: Just pops in my head sometimes, like man, he thinks, oh, yeah, he's having sex with my daughter.
Speaker 3: Like if you ever thought about hooking on with Arnold? No, I haven't. That's what I'm saying. You have that power to not think about them.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, anyway back to my original story.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: So after forty five minutes, I tell my parents, all right, I gotta go, you know what I mean. I'm gonna go inside hopefully, you know, maybe dinner's ready by now or something. And I go inside and the plates are all on the counter and I'm like what. And I go to my wife. I said, did you guys already eat? She goes yeah. I'm like, oh, well, why didn't you come out and say, hey, dinner's ready? She goes, Oh, I thought you'd be in any minute.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 16: But when I didn't come in in a minute, you don't think you could pop your head out and say, hey, we're gonna eat. You want to come in and eat? And she's like oh. I was like, you could even texted me. You could even text me instead of walking the ten feet to the door, you could have texted me and said, hey, you coming inside for dinner.
Speaker 3: Instead, you guys had dinner without me.
Speaker 16: She's like, yeah, I mean I just thought, oh, he'll be in a minute, and then a couple of minutes you were so I'll say, oh, he'll be in another minute, and next thing you know, we were done eating dinner.
Speaker 3: Is that what led to TIFF's treats or you said, Tiff that was a tiff, Yeah, little fight. Yeah, so I ordered TIFF's treats right, Well, why would I order TIFF's treats. She's the one that didn't tell me, damn, dinner was ready? I sided with your wife. How I have real life examples, go for it.
Speaker 12: Baser does Uber Eats. She knows exactly when it's gonna be delivered. When it comes and she says, hey, Uber Eats is here, I go get Uber Eats once a month.
Speaker 3: Guys, we don't do it regularly every week in this economy, I know.
Speaker 12: And so get it and I put it on the table and I'll just start eating. And sometimes she's under the assumption that I'm gonna bring it to her in bed. I just you know, the food's there, so come out and get it. Yeah, no, no, Or what if I just go get the pizza. So there's there's like about a two minute thing where it says it's coming down our driveway and when I start eating, I'll just go get it, put on the table and start eating. Do I need to go into the bedroom and say, hey, do you want me to bring the food too? I'll just start eating. I'm with your wife. You don't need to know. You knew around when the meal was gonna be made, did I? My wife knows when when the uber is gonna come into the table.
Speaker 16: I get that uber eats is a set time. See, guys, here's this thing uber eats. Were you rich people?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 12: Because my wife can't hear the door because for whatever reason, we had a two hundred square feet that I didn't plan on having, so she actually can't hear the door shut, so she doesn't know that food is on the table. Is it my job to say dinner's here when she knows the roundabout time that that food is gonna be put on the table from when I went and got it from the uber eats.
Speaker 3: Now that I understand, I just sit down and start eating. Just like your wife. I'm hungry.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna agree with you on your side, but mine is not. It's an uber eat situation where there's a set time when on an app that tells you when they're gonna be at your freaking door. This is my wife is in the kitchen making some dinner, and she's gonna put it on plates, and we're gonna eat and if she doesn't tell me it's ready, I would never So I'm just supposed to stand there and just watch her until it's ready. No, say hey, dinner's ready. And I said, you usually come outside and say hey, dinner's ready, and she goes, yeah, but you're usually outside with the kids. The kids weren't out there, So I'm supposed to just magically know it's ready.
Speaker 3: It's it's the same. It's you and Bezer the same.
Speaker 12: Y'all should date you guys need to then check on the knead. I don't know. It's not mine and your wife. Me and your wife are in the same boat on this one. It's not our job to notify you of the meal that you already know is about to be made in some in some five minute window, the meal's made, come check in on it. What if you just came and just what if you on the phone just come in? Huh, look and see if the phone's food's made. It's your wife's job to come notify you that the food is made.
Speaker 3: No, No, hang out for a second. Just see if all the food's coming in. Hey, would you bring it in the room. All the foods here.
Speaker 16: That's the thing dude, how do you think it would fly over if at the Dallas Cowboys facility, catering gets put out and they just.
Speaker 1: Leave it out and then they leave.
Speaker 16: You're telling me they would, and if they didn't go down the hallway and tell Zeke and Dak and Ceedee Lamb and Jake Ferguson, if they didn't stick their head in the other rooms say hey, guys, food's ready, Come and eat it.
Speaker 3: Brandon cooks, Thanks, Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 16: If you don't think there would be a problem that the person that cooked the food didn't go down and tell freaking Mike McCarthy, I mean you think Mike McCarthy's gonna be okay with not eating.
Speaker 12: No, sir, that's because it's an outside catering source, somebody that's not related or in cahoots with the person eating the meal. You and your wife are on such a similar thought pattern. You guys know in Baser all of it, there's no need for the notifications of the meal. Once you shoot a deer fifty years ago, you started eating the fucker. You don't go tell the caveman. Hey, guys, I got a deer. I'm gonna cook it. No man, you just started eating that.
Speaker 8: Good cast up little food for yourself.
Speaker 3: Life.
Speaker 8: Oh it's pretty bad, It's pretty beautiful, maiful.
Speaker 1: Laugh a little more, said he k.
Speaker 10: Y're kicking with fulling.
Speaker 17: With Amy Brown.
Speaker 5: So on Monday, Kat has an episode coming out on you Need Therapy. She has episodes every Monday and Wednesday, and I'm going to be the guest and we're going to be talking about my recent dating life, because when it comes to dating, I need therapy, so a lot of people. But if you're dating like me, it can be a little bit confusing. It can be intimidating, especially if you're divorced and you have kids and you're older. And I feel like it was confusing for me in my twenties, and you would think with the maturity, which I would say, it's a little different. I do have some of that, but there's still stuff that creeps in morow like I can't believe I'm having these thoughts at forty something that I had back when I was in my twenties, because I'll still find myself getting a little confused. But I guess I recover from it faster or I have more rational thoughts pop into my head that are like, Okay, don't overthink this, don't over analyze it doesn't mean anything. You're building a story. But I think when meeting a guy, if you're getting to know him, it's normal to wonder like does he really like me? Or is this going to be like a friend thing? And so I was looking at various sources and came across twenty seven signs that he likes you more than a friend, but I pulled the top six.
Speaker 18: Okay, I was like, that's a lot of signs.
Speaker 5: No, we're not going to go over all twenty seven, but I'm very curious about this first one. He displays a healthy jealousy. From a therapist standpoint, I'm curious your thoughts on this. If he gets a little jealous when you mention other guys, he's probably displaying his protectiveness around you. So is there such thing as healthy jealousy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I think jealousy is oftentimes healthy and it's helpful because when we feel jealous, it's often because we see something that we want.
Speaker 7: So I think that that can be true.
Speaker 18: It's what you do with that jealousy that might be that healthy and unhealthy thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, how far is willing to go?
Speaker 7: But what does he do.
Speaker 18: Does he like blame you for cheating on him or something, or does he go like beat this guy up, or he ask you to like never contact that person again?
Speaker 7: That is not great. But if he's like, oh, Brad texted you, what did he want?
Speaker 5: Cool? What are you going to hang out with Brad?
Speaker 7: That's passive aggressive?
Speaker 5: Oh but I know, but I've done that joking joke. Okay, So I've done that jokey jokey with which maybe we'll talk about it more on Monday. We haven't recorded that episode yet, but you've been there and I've made a joke joke about it's cute. Let's call her Tina. I'm like, oh, is that what Tina like to do?
Speaker 18: But that's flirting okay, But if you take it too far, if you were like, why don't you just go hang out with Tina?
Speaker 7: That is not.
Speaker 5: Fun Lifetime movie vibes, Yes, like who's Tina? When we've only been out like twice and he could easily still be dating Tina and doing it in an appropriate way because when you're usually dating, you can be dating multiple people. And the jealousy thing. I like that you brought that up too, So it's outside of relationships as well, Like you could see something you want, like you could be jealous of a career thing, but you can use as an indicator of like, oh, it's actually good that I'm feeling this because it's telling me what I want and now what do I need to do to go get that in a healthy way?
Speaker 7: And I don't have to hate the person that has something I want.
Speaker 5: Observes even the small things about you, So it says a guy who notices small changes in your daily life is making an effort to build a deeper connection with you.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: When I topped on my hair off, he noticed, Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you're saying this guy likes you.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding. That was very obvious. My hair went from really long to really short.
Speaker 18: I cut five inches off of my hair and colored it, and I came home and I just stood in the kitchen looking at Patrick, being like flipping my hair and being like, how's your day? And then I just like stared at him in the eyes for like thirty seconds, and he was like, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 7: And I was like, Oh, I don't.
Speaker 18: Know if anything new happened or if you notice, and he was so confused, So then I think I probably gave him the silent treatment for like an hour after he didn't five inches.
Speaker 5: Chat GPT would not agree with your reaction to that. Well, first of all, I was tricked him into trying to notice your hair and stood there, and then you gave him the silent treatment. It's not effective communication, It's.
Speaker 18: Not It was very unhealthy and I will own that. But what do you think it says about Patrick that he didn't notice. He's a sociopath, okay, and he doesn't like me.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding. Next thing, he goes the extra mile for you. Men will go to any extent to charm their partners, even at the cost of their inconvenience.
Speaker 7: I love this one.
Speaker 5: I haven't experienced it really, Yea.
Speaker 7: I have when you had the mold.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, thank you for the reminder.
Speaker 18: We're like I'd like, oh I have to make a phone call for her, and like like that's an inconvenience, but people do it.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: That was right when it all kind of started back.
Speaker 7: And he was happy to be inconvenienced by you.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you for that. He changes his body language, does he keep his feet towards you. Does he look you in the eye or listen attentively when you speak? If yes, he could be attracted to you. Does he keep his feet towards you? That's interesting me paying attention to feat? Does he look you in the eye? But you and Patrick Yell are married now for what seven months?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Whole seven months? So probably we're past the sea towards each other.
Speaker 5: Stage keeps you updated. Men who see you as romantic interest will update you about their day, send you pictures, show curiosity to know about your day, and send wishful texts.
Speaker 7: You're smiling.
Speaker 5: I'm smiling because I sent a text to him yesterday because you want to see that new Reagan movie with Dennis Quaid.
Speaker 7: Oh I want to see that. I know about that.
Speaker 5: So I saw a big billboard and I was out of light, and I took a picture of the Reagan billboard, but in front of me was a grey Honda. And all he replied back, he was like, you must really like that gray Honda, because you're sending it to me.
Speaker 3: I want this.
Speaker 7: He knew it was the billboard. He was making a joke. Oh, that's really funny.
Speaker 5: And so now I said, oh, yeah, you know, every time I see Gray Honda, they are But that was me kind of updating him. I feel like I would probably text way more than he does, but that's okay.
Speaker 18: Also, the way you text in general is different, Like you're like a text like me, which is.
Speaker 7: We send a lot of texts in a row and then we go M I A yeah.
Speaker 18: And then But you don't mind like being in that constant where like some people would rather just like, Okay, if I have something to say, I'm going to call you, or I don't need to talk to you all day, I'll just call you at a certain point and catch up. Versus I'm like, every time I take a step, I have to tell you how far I've gotten in what I've seen and how the clouds look different and all that true.
Speaker 5: The final thing he introduces you to his inner circle. If you have met his best friends or his family, he may just be interested in you.
Speaker 18: That is actually a good indicator because when you are kept he's calling shut up.
Speaker 5: It should be recorded like through it, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 10: On, Carne.
Speaker 12: She's a queen and talking and so she's.
Speaker 6: Get really not afraid to fing so so just.
Speaker 10: Let it blow.
Speaker 17: No one can do we quiet, carlne it's sound of Caroline.
Speaker 4: So how are you doing? You have so last time we talked, you and John weren't married. You were maybe not even engaged. Maybe we're engaged, just engaged or right in the Yeah, we're definitely serious and in the engagement world.
Speaker 6: But it was all so new.
Speaker 4: You guys met because your mom's introduced you. Yeah, can you just refresh that story because that one's too good?
Speaker 15: You my actually my client and John's mom.
Speaker 6: Do you do hair?
Speaker 15: I did hair?
Speaker 6: Have been tired?
Speaker 15: Oh good for you.
Speaker 6: Hey, you've moved on to new things.
Speaker 15: I thought for sure I was going to be back to hair four weeks after Presley, like I was one hundred percent I'm going to be back, And here I am now a year and a half later, with two babies and still not doing hair. Hey season, But it's I feel like at peace with it, which is really nice. So but yeah, no, John, So my client at the time, and John's mom. John and I both grew up in California, like three hours apart, didn't know each other. I honestly don't even know who he was, even though I've grown up with country music. But they set us up because he had had failed fail after fail of girlfriends, and same for me with boyfriends and so.
Speaker 6: So he was looking for a good girl.
Speaker 15: He was looking for a good girl, looking, John, All, you're looking for a good girl.
Speaker 6: You were looking for a good cowboy.
Speaker 15: I was looking for a cowboy. You really probably weren't have lived in California, but a California cowboy.
Speaker 6: Well, he is a California cowboy.
Speaker 15: Yeah that those exist, but they really they do.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of land up there in California. Yeah, he grew up as a cowboy, like on land.
Speaker 6: Yep, doing what.
Speaker 15: He's All of his family and stuff has been in different family members are in farming. They'd had like almonds and all kinds of things up north where he's from, like outside of sacrament now. So he always grew up just out out living the dream.
Speaker 4: So she'll met on a blind date. Met on a blind date because your mom, his mom came to you. I've so was she coming to you?
Speaker 15: That's what you said, my client, his mom, Okay, did their whole working magic? Gave John my number. He sat on it for a few days. Text me because he was actually in my hometown for a concert. I think he was trying with Dirks at the time, but I was in Vegas, and so the next option was to fly out to Denver the following week to meet him, where he had two shows.
Speaker 4: I forgot you actually flew out to meet him on a blind date. That's so ballsy summer, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 15: And I took my girl friend just in case it was a disaster. Case it was a disaster, I would at least have a girl und daed roll strip. I tried to cancel the flight, and that didn't happen because it was booked by his travel agents, so I couldn't go in and edit the flight. I tried to. I panicked last minute, and so here we are, seven years, I think now later.
Speaker 6: I've got a lot of grounds in seven.
Speaker 15: Years, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 6: So how's how was it?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 4: Y'all got married? Touring NonStop, career keeps blowing up. You are like blowing up. You're such like an incredible brand ambassador. You have so much great advice to share with people like I. Literally, if I need to know what I need to have for everything in my life, you are a go to.
Speaker 6: You're an incredible.
Speaker 4: Resource and you just learn. You're just such like a wonderful energy to follow too. You're so real, you're so open, you're just.
Speaker 6: You're just your or your dream, your total dream summer.
Speaker 15: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: So your life has dramatically changed though, because marrying John puts you on a different trajectory.
Speaker 15: Definitely.
Speaker 6: And how was that? Do you feel like you were made for road life?
Speaker 4: Because I really some people like it's really hard, and other people are like, this is what I'm made for.
Speaker 15: I mean definitely wasn't made for it. Then we talked about this, I'm sure in the beginning too, because it was just like I was such a routine homebody, like same breakfast every day, same you know, wake up, jim scrambled egg, work, home, nothing, nothing outside those lines. And so to be thrown into this lifestyle where there's no routine and no no schedule in a sense of like normalcy. But I've done well, I will say I've I have. I will pat myself on the back because I have done better than I thought I would do.
Speaker 4: What have you had to what were the parts that you had to like get to And they makes you feel a little like, oh, this is this is not my normal that you had to push through alter your perception on it a little bit.
Speaker 15: Everything about road life, the shitty sleep.
Speaker 6: Sleep is so bad, horrible, It's so bad.
Speaker 15: Unless you get blocked out drunk. It's the only way to sleep.
Speaker 6: Man, You're gonna feel terrible in another way and you.
Speaker 15: Pay for it. Yeah, there's no there's no positive. And I get scared that.
Speaker 6: We're going to crash.
Speaker 4: Like I have a very hard time going to sleep, because like you're putting your whole life in this person driving the bus.
Speaker 15: The guy's not think about stuff because John's never talked about that. I'm like, I spent the first six months waiting to get tea boned Yeah, in the back of that bus.
Speaker 4: Michaels never thinks about stuff like I'm always like, okay, assessing my situation, which is kind of ironic that I crushed my tail buone because.
Speaker 6: I am someone I told the cmicle.
Speaker 4: I was like, I am literally someone who I'm going to assess the situation. I don't want to be like a freak of nature where I'm scared of everything, but I'm going to look at the whole thing and I'm going to figure out where the pitfalls could be where the danger lurks, you know, on that one where the risk is.
Speaker 6: How about that.
Speaker 4: I'm going to find the risk and then I'm going to weigh my odds, do we is this worth the risk or not?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: So like the risk with the road life, like the driving in the in the bus is very scary to me to sleep at night, but I mean it's worth the risk because you got to get to the shows, which is why are you bus? I mean, so, you know, and I think that's how Michael view sings is like he's like, what are you going to do? You know, It's like you can't worry about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: But I think about it.
Speaker 4: So the first six months you were thinking about it, Yeah, and then what happened?
Speaker 6: You just decided not to worry about it anymore.
Speaker 15: I think I just got broken. I think I just started getting drunk every.
Speaker 1: Night or something.
Speaker 4: I I think that's another reason why people do have like some a little sleep aid.
Speaker 6: I need a little help to like go to sleep.
Speaker 15: Definitely, I mean that's definitely part of it, yeah, for sure. Sure, But also that first year was so fun of like the party life. You know, it's night and day from what we were back then.
Speaker 6: Tell me how it was then and how it is now, Like, give me some details.
Speaker 15: I mean, it was party central, but we were also on one bus with like thirteen of us. It was me and like the loving guys, which was honestly disgusting. But in the time, I was so in that honeymoon phase, like I said, this is amazing, Like this is so fun. One bathroom always covered in pe fal And then I think a year later we had graduated two buses, and then now it's got four or five, and so we have our own bus now, so we have our family bus where it's just us and the girls, and then we have automar nanny who travels with us. And so even that, though is like it makes me laugh thinking about the days when that first eight months of our life together was literally thirteen of us on a bus, just rage mode parting every night.
Speaker 17: Hey, it's Mike d and this week All Movie Mike's Movie Podcast, I shared my top eight movies from the eighties that I think deserve a sequel. Now with the success of Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, I think Hollywood is foaming out the mouth to get more eighties movie sequels, So I shared some of my favorite movies from the eighties that still don't have one. Surprisingly, I also gave my spoiler free review of Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice, so be sure to check out this full episode. But right now, now, here's just a little bit of movie Mike's movie podcast at number eight a movie that came out in nineteen eighty six. It's one of my favorite football movies of all time. Actually, two of my favorite all time favorite football movies came out in the eighties, but it is Lucas. The reason I feel that this movie needs a sequel is one I identified a lot with the character of Lucas. If you're not familiar with this movie, it is a character named Lucas played by Corey Heim, Which how more quintessential eighties actor can you get than Corey Heim sadly passed away, but he was such a dominant force in the eighties when it came to childhood and teenage actors. And he played this character named Lucas, who was a really smart teenager and he was trying to get this girl, and in order to impress, he joined the football team. She was the new girl in school. Played by Carrie Green. Charlie Sheen was in the movie. He tried to protect Lucas, Y said, I know in a writer, so an incredible eighties cast, And the reason I want to see a sequel to Lucas is probably a little bit selfish. But in the eighties and nineties, there was this category of movie with a plot line nerdy boy tries to get hot girl, and that was a lot of movies and us as viewers, we love to root for the underdog. We love to root for the guy to get the girl, the girl to get the guy. The will they won't they? That has just been a constant in TV and movies, and I feel in the last ten fifteen years we don't really have those type of movies anymore. And it's probably in the same way that we've had less comedies in the last five, six, seven, even decade, we've also had less of this type of plotline because it's not quite a rom com, it's not quite a full on comedy. It is this very specific coming of age movie. That is why I want to see that movie. I have Lucas too at number eight At number V seven is a movie from nineteen eighty five, I want to see a sequel to Sesame Street Presents Follow That Bird, Give Me Part Two. This is a movie that I discovered on a VHS tape. I'm not sure exactly what movie that I watched so much in my childhood that I remembered all the trailers, and this was one of the trailers that when you pop into that VHS tape you had to sit through them. You don't have that anymore. Our version of that is maybe a pop up ad on social media. Scrolling through TikTok. Every now and then you get a movie trailer, you hop onto YouTube you see trailers. But before that, for DVDs, when you got a VHS, it had the baked in movie trailers of other movies that you could go buy right now. But I remember watching this trailer all the time, and I finally was able to actually watch the movie. And I love this category of movie. And the interesting thing about Sesame Street movies is they've only made two that came out in theaters. The first one was this one, Follow That Bird, which came out in nineteen eighty five, and then they had another one in nineteen ninety nine, Elmo and Grouchland. Sadly The thing about Sesame Street movies not that profitable, which is so surprising to me that a TV show as popular as Sesame Street would have box office BOMs. Follow that Bird only made thirteen million dollars at the box office, probably cost around ten million dollars to make. They didn't even release the numbers for how much this movie costs to make. But the Ilman movie in ninety nine cost twenty six million dollars to make and only mail eleven million dollars at the box office. So after that they said, Okay, no more Sesame Street movies. It could be the model of Sesame Street. You're having to go pay for something in theaters that you could get at home for free. And it also has a very young audience, so maybe it's hard to kind of convert that into getting people and families out to go to the theater to watch it. Because I feel like a Sesame Street movie. Now I'm kind of talking myself out of it, but I feel like a Sesame Street movie has just a very very key demographic of young young kids, unlike some of the Illumination or Disney movies that are fun for the entire family. But me as a kid I love follow That Bird had an amazing cast. You had Waylon Jennings in this movie. You had Chevy Chase, you had John Candy, you had the classic Sesame Street humor. My favorite joke out of the entire movie is whenever they're trying to track down Big Bird, because what happens in this movie. Big Bird is living in Sesame Street, living his normal life, loving it, and then he is sent to live with a bird family much like he is, ends up. He doesn't like that Bird family whatsoever and decides that he misses his friends and wants to go back to Sesame Street. So it's him getting away from there, and then all the Sesame Street characters trying to find Big Bird now that he is lost.
Speaker 1: But there is this.
Speaker 17: Big road trip, and I love a movie with the road trip. But there's joke where they're like, oh, it's the fork in the road, and there's like a literal fork in the road. Classic comedy. Me as like a four or five year old.
Speaker 10: I ate that up.
Speaker 17: So I know these movies have not been successful, But as you can hear in my voice that twenty five, twenty seven years after I watched this movie, I'm still thinking about it. Even though they didn't make a whole lot of money at the box office, that doesn't mean that these movies aren't impactful. Maybe it's a straight to MAX type movie, because that is just the nature of things now we don't have straight to videos straight to vhs anymore. Maybe it's a Max original give me Follow That Bird Too at number six from nineteen eighty three when the original came out. Kujo two is a sequel. I would love to see. Reason is I just remember this being the go to scary movie that everybody talked about when I was growing up. Have you seen Kujo The Story of the Killer Dog? One of I believes Stephen's best movies in the eighties. It is a movie that just feels like it gets a referenced so much even if you haven't seen it. But essentially what happens in Kujo is, well, you have a killer dog, and it's this family trapped in a car the entire time and them trying well not to be eaten by Kujo. And the movie is truly terrifying. His bloody snout is just a great, fantastic movie, and I am surprised that we have not had a sequel to it now. Stephen King did put out another book called Rattlesnakes, which does serve as the sequel to Kujo, primarily focusing on the human characters taking place in the aftermath of Kujo, which spoiler alert doesn't turn out so great. So you do have the source material here. There is a story for Kujo two you can throw in make it another dog, So I have Kujo two is a sequel I want to see at number six.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's Sunday Sampler. New episodes are out weekly of every single one of those shows. We hope you find something that you like. Please subscribe. You can also check out our Instagram page, the Nashville Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Hope you guys have a great week.