Speaker 1: All right, the injuries for today.
Speaker 2: Eric Armstead foot knee won't practice, Dwelly ankle won't practice, Hardgrave hamstring won't practice. Orren Burke's knee won't practice, Elijah Mitchell knee won't practice, Juwan Jennings concussion, won't practice. Cleveland Ferrell ankle will be limited.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: You have any sense of maybe the game status.
Speaker 1: For Nope, I don't.
Speaker 4: How did.
Speaker 1: He's in the protocol.
Speaker 5: What's the thing that stood out to you when you start looking at the Ravens defense and what they do to kind of put you guys in situations. I mean you look at the numbers, so usually the first thing you see and you see how great their numbers are. Then you turn on the tape and it looks just like their numbers. I mean, they're really good against the run, really good against the past, extremely sound coverages, they know how to get after it with pressures, they know how to get after it front four.
Speaker 1: So really good defense from Kyle Hamilton's specifically, versatility, the way they can use the different spots.
Speaker 5: I mean, just knowing the talent coming out of college and now watching him in their scheme and just seeing how give him a football players and any time me that long and you can run gives you a bunch of advantages. But he also fits into their mentality without physical he plays and has the size to do a lot of things, but also has the feet and length to cover.
Speaker 1: Been a while since.
Speaker 3: You've seen Lamar, but maybe a different scheme.
Speaker 1: It seems like they're using more different ways.
Speaker 3: How was he maybe evolved in what they're trying to do with him now?
Speaker 5: I mean it was a while since we played against him, but seeing him over the years, I mean, it's still the same run scheme looks very similar. I think they just mix in a few more more passes, more drop back plays and things. And I think he's always been good at that stuff. So he's really is good at whatever they decide to do. It's he's a problem whatever.
Speaker 1: So would prepare for Lamar and practice who plays him. We'll have both of our quarterbacks, so they'll try their best.
Speaker 3: Anything Remember anything that out to you about what Divo's been able to do last month or or since he's come back from the shoulder.
Speaker 1: That kind of just explained.
Speaker 5: Just that he's come back and gotten healthy. When Diebo's out there and constrained together practices in weeks, it's not our time for the ball comes this way. I mean nothing in particular that's been different than usual. I just think he's strung together a few more healthy weeks and sometimes I think, I said earlier in the year, I thought he had some of the best games the first couple of weeks, even at Pittsburgh, and the ball didn't just go that way. And then he has some setbacks with his injuries. But he's been good here for a while and.
Speaker 1: This came his way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their receivers, they have four pretty good receivers. What stands out about their receivers and is there any pattern to the usage? Is there one guy that you would consider their number one?
Speaker 5: I mean, you always got respect for Odell and what he's done, and but the young guy's real good too. So I mean they got a number of guys. See, you know, they're not going to force it to anyone. Lamar makes the right decisions. They've got guys who are real good amand a man. They're really good after the catch. So I'd say they just have a solid group overall.
Speaker 4: In case Chris Conley has to play on Monday, I think he ran a four three five back in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Is he still does he still have that level of speed.
Speaker 4: At this point in his career.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think it's like a four to three six now, you know depends. Yeah, I know he's got it and we see it out there all the time.
Speaker 1: Chris Is. It's not just the speed though.
Speaker 5: Chris has been a real good football player for us and he's been ready to go anytime we've had him up.
Speaker 1: And we'll see how it is this week. There's speeding athleticism.
Speaker 3: Do they ask the same things of rocn Smith and Patrick Queen as you guys do form Warner and Greenlaw?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Similar?
Speaker 5: I think there that's Those are the two guys who jump off the tape, and I think they're the most comparable to our guys that I've seen this year in a couple of years. To me, those two guys make the defense go. They're they're big, they can run, and they can hit, and not just because they're big, because they their intentions are that way. You until they like playing football. They're very smart players too. They're good in coverage. They're two of the better zone droppers in the league and two of the better man and man guys also, so as good as it gets.
Speaker 1: Difficult about facing a defense.
Speaker 5: That has two of them, just how much room they can cover. That's what allows them to be so good in zone. Just how good those guys are on the inside, how much field they can take between the numbers. Takes the pressure off their corners who can stay on top and take away the explosives. To me, that's one of the reasons they lead the league in sacks because of how good they're coverages with a bunch of good guys up front just allows them to do what they want.
Speaker 1: How much of their sacks.
Speaker 3: Are generated individually as opposed to scheme and just confusion.
Speaker 5: I think more is individually and just sound good coverages. It's you know they they got. They usually have four guys who can rush it. They'll blitz and do that stuff too. The mixed up throughout the game, so the challenges all your protections. But the hardest thing is how it is to get people open there when they have seven and coverage. They're very sound, they don't mess up much and make you go to two, make you go to number three, and they have all the rushers who can get there by that time.
Speaker 1: Kind of a big game for Rock as far as being challenged.
Speaker 5: I think it's a big game for everybody because there's not just one way in particular. I mean, you think, you know they lead the league in sacks. You right away you think about our line, and that is true because they have good pass rushers, But also that has a lot to do with how good our receivers do get into their spots and getting open Brock to get in the right spots, guys not getting rerouted so they can't get there in time. So when you play a sound, good defense with good players all over, it's a little bit of everything, not real familiar. We just worked out a bunch of guys yesterday. I know our guys really liked him from what they've seen on him earlier, and definitely loved him in the workout.
Speaker 1: So we're low on numbers, so we had to get him part of this practice squad and we'll see how he looks this week.
Speaker 4: Defensive line did in the game.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was a huge challenge for him. I thought, you know that we struggled obviously in stats. I don't think it was at all all on them. Losing Kalia during the game really hurt because we just tired out a lot.
Speaker 1: But I think we'll be better this week.
Speaker 3: Blocking.
Speaker 4: I realized your dad's not like coaching in high school or whatever, but that.
Speaker 1: Something like you say he's coach in high school.
Speaker 3: No, I said, I realized he's not like your high school coach.
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha? I was like, I don't think he.
Speaker 3: Is growing biography?
Speaker 5: Would he like?
Speaker 4: Was that something you would talk you would talk about with him.
Speaker 3: Like it seems like it's just as important to him as it is to you, Like the importance of being all around receiver and blocking.
Speaker 1: Definitely? Could?
Speaker 5: I mean, I also understand how import and it is to football, and how important it is to running the ball, and how important it is to plays off the run. But no, that's why I could never play for myself, or I would never play for him, because even if I tried to block, I wasn't very good at it. So you can recognize that fast when you couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: Line doesn't get a lot of accolades, but what have What can you say about their performance this year and what they helped you obviously do all.
Speaker 3: The things you need to do.
Speaker 1: I think they've been great. I mean when you look at our whole offense.
Speaker 5: Just as far as running the ball and throwing the ball, you can't do that stuff without a good old line. You can't do that stuff without a good quarterback. You can't do that stuff without good players that he's throwing to. So the success of us throughout the year so far, there's no one group that is to me, isn't playing at a high level.
Speaker 3: Okay, we young guys who all got time at the end of the Arizona games and they all were flying around. What is your guy's evaluation of how come on this year as rookies.
Speaker 1: I mean that stuff's huge.
Speaker 5: When you can get those guys playing time, you know, it's those guys have come on strong because they've been ready to go, they've been working. I'm very similar to how I talked about Jay year. But you never know when they're gonna get thrown in the heat of the battle. And sometimes when you go out there, you got to learn by failing. And so when those guys can get into these games, especially at the end of games, and it's happened a couple of times throughout the year, Looter later. But guys like d and stuff, they get a lot of experience. Each time they do it, they seem better, and you know, hopefully they'll have to do it too much till the future. But if that comes up, which it could come up any day, those guys got a little bit more experience now and they're getting better each week.
Speaker 4: There's a funny clip of Christian McCaffrey on Monday Night Football with the Mannings about how he flopped and I don't know if you've seen it, but the fact that he was willing to go to the extra mile to kind of try and get a penalty called for them. Do you see that often?
Speaker 5: And I mean I didn't see the Manning cast, but every time I when you flopped first, Philly, I saw that, I thought, that's like the only thing you didn't do very well this year. It wasn't the best flop. You got to be a little it can't be so obvious. So no, not really, but yeah, you want guys to do that. You know a lot of touch guys after the play. So sometimes guys can't see it because it happens so fast, but they can see a reaction. But I don't want it to turn into the NBA too fast, or McCaffrey should be the MVP as a former D one wide receiver yourself that a whiteout hasn't I mean not because of my lame history as a player.
Speaker 1: It's I don't think.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't even want to talk about the ward because there's to lose, lose and whatever the ward is.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 5: Just you start to adjust to it and you look at it, and it does seem like it's more quarterbacks. Doesn't mean that a wide receiver can't, doesn't mean a running back can't, doesn't mean a D lineman can't. If one person voted on it, then they might do it that way, but collectively, I don't know. I don't even know votes, so you hope they get it right. But you know, it doesn't matter that much to some people.
Speaker 3: Written about how we had to do this play time, how much of that was tied.
Speaker 1: To run, not much, and it was just tied to just consistency of the game.
Speaker 5: I can't believe how long that's stuck, because every three weeks I got to talk about far he's come since then, which I think is kind of an insult to him. So that's why I don't like always getting repeated. I got to play in the COVID year. He had no offseason when we lost like three receivers that year, and he really never came off the field. Didn't get an off season the next year, and he was a little behind in training camp and Trent Sherfield was here that year and he was a veteran who was ready for training camp, and so we went into the first game and that was how training camp went.
Speaker 1: And the other guy was just more consistent at that time. But I mean Ba wasn't doing it. It didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had to do some things to get more consistent to be ahead of trend at the time. But that wasn't like he was in the doghouse or had to have this whole epiphany. He just that's what football is. You don't always you're not always ready to go as a as a rookie, sometimes you get thrown in there anyways. That can be good and it can be bad. But that's why a lot of people have rookie slump. Sometimes they you learn from filing and sometimes they don't realize. Man, I played my whole time as a rookie. That was pretty good. Yeah it was, but you got to be better than the guy behind you at all times, not just potential wise, and I think came to camp a little off and that's what happened. And I think he corrected that about halfway through the second game. So it's been really good since then.
Speaker 3: Guys like that on a curve because.
Speaker 5: They're like, yeah, but it's it's all about Taylor was also of the pound for pounds strongest guy on the team. He's the only guy who would weighed one hundred and sixty pounds who could bench three hundred.
Speaker 1: I think he was wired, but yeah, there's STIs factors always.
Speaker 5: That's why you got to learn the type of track by the back, how to stay square and have no one just goes out there and just manhandles a guy. You got to be tied to the guy behind you, and how to set people up and stuff. And also back then, when people were running at you straight over just to kill you, you were allowed to cut so they couldn't just tee off on you.
Speaker 1: Now you just got to stand up and take it, which isn't a problem me there.
Speaker 5: As long as you fall down and he falls down with you, he's kicking your butt.
Speaker 1: He's not making the play. So you got to do one or the other? All right, guys,