Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: He was a two time Oscar winner, nominated five times over a career spanning forty years. Hollywood This Morning remembering Gene Hackman, found dead alongside his wife Betsy Arakawa, and their dog at their New Mexico home yesterday, the sheriff saying overnight, I want to assure the community and the neighborhood that there's no immediate danger to anyone, the sheriff, not providing details on cause of death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you don't have your radar detector up to speed or something.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there have been a couple of cases lately were the cop shops.
Speaker 1: There's no TURL threat too, yeah, right, And it was a murderer. You're right, that had just a targeted murderer. But I don't think that happened here, No, I suspect not. You know, it's interesting. So Gene Hackman my favorite actor of all time, and in his early nineties, his wife in her early sixties.
Speaker 2: And I was just reading because he.
Speaker 1: Retired from acting a long time ago. I'll bet not realized he was. He was past ninety her I bet her life had early on when they got together. He was like early sixties and she was thirty. At that point she was marrying one of the biggest movie stars in the world. But I gotta believe for the last quite a few years, decades, maybe it was just like it had. His acting life had nothing to do with their life at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody's talking about him is acting in his acting roles, but I bet it played no, no, had no purchase in their lives on a daily basis, right, Yeah, walk by an arm past. Yeah he's got on the fireplace maybe somewhere, but they probably didn't even talk about it or anything like that. He's been his sculpting and painting mostly good for him, Yeah, good for the soul.
Speaker 4: The only other thing I had to say about Gene Hackman, who is a genius actor, but we don't you know, we don't lionize actors really much around here, but that he told the story that was incredibly touching on the what the inside the actor's studio or whatever it is called. The show I used to watch fair amount. He explained that when he was a very young boy. I think he might have been five. His father drove away and never came back. Yeah yeah, And his father gave him a casual wave outside the window, and he said he knew at that moment his father was never coming back somehow, And as he told the story, sixty years later he had to choke back tears, or sixty five years later, something like that got But he said he he realized as he thought about it, the power of one small gesture, and he thought that may be one of the reasons he was a very good actor, because that made a real impression on him that small things can yeah, sick meaning interesting.
Speaker 2: I was reading about that last night.
Speaker 1: He was thirteen years old and he's playing in the street with his friends and his dad pulls out of the driveway. He's getting a wave and drives away and never comes back. Can you imagine anything horrible?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Three years later he joins the Marines, lies about his age. Joins the Marines as a sixteen year old and is in the Marine Corps for four years. He didn't try his hand at acting until he was dang near thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. Just for the record, my son is a trained and gifted actor, and the.
Speaker 4: Art of it is really interesting to me, like a lot of arts are. It's the self aggrandizement and self congratulations and lecturing people on moral questions that Hollywood does that's repugnant. I have nothing against acting anymore than I have against playing the obow. Just don't do it around me, okay the oboe.
Speaker 1: Specifically this in the New York Times about Gene Hackman, which I thought was good. He seemed to have been born middle aged, slightly balding, with strong but unremarkable features, neither plane nor handsome, more likely to melt into a crowd than to stand out in one. That is not usually what makes you, you know, at the very highest level of being a movie star, the kind of person that would blend into a crowd rather than stand out in one. And he did seem to be born middle aged. You can't find any even really early roles of him where he doesn't seem like he's fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I had that I'm a real human being quality about him that sometimes the pretty boys don't.
Speaker 1: My first introduction to Gene Hackman was The Poseidon Adventure. Oh, if you're old enough to remember, that movie from the seventies. There was a period in the seventies where disaster movies were just so big. Airplane disasters, boat disasters, trained disasters, earthquakes, all that sort of thing, and all your biggest stars would be in these films. Anyway, Beside Adventure was a sort of a Titanic like movie, and he was a He played.
Speaker 2: A major role in that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, anyway, he will be missed. And I had no idea he was in his nineties, soone time marching on. Speaking of celebrities, Pam Bondi, the Attorney General, teased yesterday on Jesse Waters Show that the Justice Department will likely release the documents relating to Jeffrey Epstein today as we speak on Thursday, the twenty seventh of February, the year of our Lord twenty twenty five, including the plane logs of who was on his planes to his pleasure Island as pervert Island.
Speaker 1: Right, So, well, first of all, I'll ask you, do you think that much of any interest is going to come out of that gossip?
Speaker 2: Lots of really great gossip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know people, and because I float around in social media, I've read some of the stuff. But I personally know people who are just convinced that Hillary Clinton's about to go to jail, the whole movie star pedophile thing is about to be blown up, or about to find out all the details on this, Yeah, the Democratic Party pedophile ring thing.
Speaker 2: You're being manipulated, and it makes me sad.
Speaker 4: There may be some significant revelations because they're absolutely rich and powerful people that go along with perverse stuff. But the only note of caution I would strike is that we have all or most of us been involved in say an organization or even like a golf club or a friend group or whatever, and we you know, play golf and have a few drinks or whatever, and turns out that some of the guys you know on that level are off doing something else.
Speaker 2: You're not included in it.
Speaker 4: You're not part of that subgroup that's doing you know, crazy stuff with drug sex, white swapping, whatever.
Speaker 2: And wife some of these people might have what do you call it these days? Swinging?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the wife has agency too. I mean, my god, what an antiquated term. Swinging is the term?
Speaker 2: Right? It makes it seem like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, sorry, dear, I just I've swapped you with Bill over there.
Speaker 1: I deal I just made a deal with Bill. You need to go to his house tonight. What exactly, so we'll go swinging.
Speaker 4: But anyway, because it's conceivable, because this was a rich guy who lived a super rich guy life which included underage girl porno, sick sexual exploitation. But not everybody who had lunch with him was part of the super pervos stuff, That's what I'm saying. But because he was a super rich financier and a mover and a shaker.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he killed himself in jail because he lived the life of luxury and wealth and nothing good was going to happen at his life at that point. I think he killed himself. I don't think somebody slipped in and stuffed him or something like that. That personally, but it's kind of weird how those cameras didn't work, that is. But the weirdest thing of the whole Epstein's story has always been, what in the hell was that giant painting of Bill Clinton in a dress right in the doorway when you walk into Epstein's house, pointing.
Speaker 2: At you, What the hell is that?
Speaker 4: I'm worried about the victims Jack, not the painting, But that was an odd piece of heart.
Speaker 1: Well, it means something. It gets to the victims, it means something. What the hell is that? Help me understand? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, but I've always I've always thought it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're a mover and a shaker in Manhattan, where the Clintons are idolized and Bill Clinton was their god, and you have in your home. What how would you describe it as anything other than mocking of Bill Clinton? You got him in a dress? Right, I remember your old theory? Do you remember your old theory?
Speaker 2: And he's pointing at you.
Speaker 1: I think it's a I've got something on this guy and he knows it, and he better remember I got something on this guy.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it is. And many many other guys too, right, Yeah, yeah, I would agree. I would agree.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're going to find anything out about that from the paperwork that Pam Bondi releases today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So so many directions we could go. I've been wanting to get to the story of this awful broad daylight assault in La on the street. This gang of twenty to thirty bicyclists, late teens men. They're young men. They rove around like a gang. They intimidate drivers, they kick their cars, whatever, and terrorize pedestrians.
Speaker 2: The rest of it almost got yeah.
Speaker 1: Almost certainly riding s E bikes because that said, like the bike my son rides.
Speaker 2: The bike crowds do this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I'll ride that brand for some reason, and they wheeling around and intimidate you.
Speaker 2: I've been in the midst.
Speaker 4: Of oh yeah, interesting so But anyway, this guy got out of his car to confront some of them after they struck and kicked his vehicle. Yea, and the startling video preps you've seen it showed the teens ganging up on the man, relentlessly punching, kicking, and stomping him as he laid defenseless on the ground. Other suspects rode up, leafed off, leaped off their bikes, threw them off in the excitement to join in the attack. The hoodie wearing teens rode off after beating the man to a pulp scene lying motionless on the ground.
Speaker 2: That's horrible.
Speaker 1: So one time I'm in Old Sacramento and a bunch of bikes come at me as I'm driving down the street, and I'm like they're coming straight at me, so I hit the brakes and they ride. They continue to ride toward me until they're like on top of me. They're doing wheelies the whole time on their se bikes, and they have the ability to swerve. Like the last second before they hit your car, I thought they were gonna run right into me. I didn't think they were even seeing me, And they swerve, and then they go on around me and they just they all go around really close your car. Nobody was kicking the car or anything like that, but I didn't know what to do. It was.
Speaker 2: It was intimidating in a way, like what is this?
Speaker 4: And of course, because the victim was white and many of the attackers young men of color, we will not be describing the race of anyone involved. Of course, according to our policy, if the roles had been reversed, we would make it all about.
Speaker 2: That for weeks at a time back town.
Speaker 1: And the only reason I bring up the brand of bikes is I know a store, a very popular bike store, that won't sell that brand because it's associated with this kind of bad activity, even though it's a great bicycle.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I had no idea of that crazy coming up later in the hour, the most obvious, egregious, instructive example of the homeless industrial complex and how it squanders money you've ever heard stay with us on the.
Speaker 5: Way, Michael Moore warns that America could be deporting illegals that might one day cure cancer or stop an incoming asteroid, or even more troubling, they may fail to deliver his meat lover's pizza.
Speaker 2: He's a big man, Michael Moore.
Speaker 1: Got you see the whole deal of us getting some of the money and rights to rare earth metals in Ukraine and whether or not that's come to come together. Wall Street Journal with some interesting reporting on that. Maybe we'll get to later this hour. I know, Joe, you've got some homeless updates for.
Speaker 4: US homeless industrial complex. Yes, the profit that is there for pretending to deal with transient drug addicts.
Speaker 1: So my son's got a big science project. This is like one of the big parts of your grade for the whole semester, my seventh grader, And it's one of those they give you like a six weeks to do it. And he, unlike his old man, has started the project weeks before it's due, whereas I would have turned my attention to what the project was going to be in roughly five and a half weeks. But so we went to the hardware story yesterday and here's what he's going to do. Is hypothesis is that plants grow better being nurtured by water than they will with coca cola. And so we bought eight different little tiny pots. It's going to plant strawberry seeds in each one, but four of them will only get coca cola and four of them will get water. They all get the same amount of sun, have the same amount of soil, all that sort of stuff a single variable. The only variable is water versus coca cola. The problem, of course, is what if the strawberries grow better on coca cola? Then what do we do do I have I discovered something important and I need to figure out a way.
Speaker 2: To become rich.
Speaker 4: Try Brono. Next, they got that gatorade like a drink. In the thought it was a comedy.
Speaker 1: It's a documentary idiocracy exactly like what if the strawberries are like deliciously sweet and just a bit fizzy. Yeah, the whole science experiment thing, it's fantastic. What a great idea to teach people the scientific method, which is amazing that it was such a breakthrough for humanity to come up with. You know, you try something, Yeah, you have a you know, non variables, and you have as few variables as you can one variable as best and compare it and then you can move on forward. I mean it got us out of, you know, quite the jam human beings were in, what laying around in their own filth?
Speaker 2: Sure of the dark ages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, although the woke crowd want to take us back to pre enlightenment, two plus two does not necessarily equal four.
Speaker 2: If they can get you to repeat that, they can get you to repeat anything.
Speaker 1: So Zelensky might become into Washington, d C. To sign the rare Earth's Metal deal that Donald Trump is writing up. Wallstre Journal reported yesterday that Zelensky said he wasn't sure if he would go or not. The financial benefits of the deal remain up in the air, right to the Wall Street Journal. The text of the deal, which has been viewed by the Wall Street Journal, includes the creation of a fund co owned by the two countries, with the details of the financial arrangement to be determined down the line. That's interesting those details seem to be the whole thing to me, the details of the financial It's like taking a job. The details of the financial arrangement will be determined down the line, like what you get paid and how often you have to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the whole enchilada right there. That's the way the whole thing has struck me all along. There are so many gigantic question marks. I don't what in what sense is there an agreement? How are you going to sign it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is it one of those frameworks to proceed on the framework of an agreement?
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't fly to DC for something that skimpy. Yet, the agreement lacks explicit security guarantees for Ukraine, which Zelensky had previously said would be necessary for any mineral right now, and nods toward Kiev's need for such assurances. One clause of the agreement says the US supports Ukraine's efforts to obtain security guarantees needed to establish lasting piece, which of course is meaningless language. But Mark Alpern writes of this today in his newsletter. If Trump hass to negotiate the final details with Zelenski in the room right before the pack is signed, he's fine with that, But as important as the US Ukraine agreement is, keep your eyes on the real prize, which is the US Russia deal. Trump is sequencing all this to position himself to drive a harder bargain with Putin, much harder than many people seem to realize.
Speaker 2: Rights Mark Alprin m.
Speaker 4: We will see, Yeah, the whole Uh, what can we offer Putin? To what extent can we pry him from China? Is there anything we can offer? How is an agreement going to be enforced? That is such a kettle of fish? These are question marks piled on question marks.
Speaker 1: Although yesterday in that press conference Cabinet meeting thingy, Trump made some noises out, well, if we're invested in the minerals and we got people and trucks in there, then I mean that's some.
Speaker 2: Security right there.
Speaker 1: Isn't because nobody's going to mess with our stuff, Trump said, which I think might be true explicitly or not. Armstrong and Getty, we need to.
Speaker 2: Change the conversation.
Speaker 6: And that's why I'm launching a new podcast, and this is going to be anything but the ordinary politician podcast. I'm going to be talking to people directly that I disagree with as well as people I look up to. Look, there's an onslaught of information that we take in, So let's take it to the sources without the typical political mumbo jumble. In the first few weeks, we're going to be sitting down with some of the biggest leaders and architects in the Mega movement.
Speaker 1: That's a Gavin Newsom, maybe you don't recognize voice governor California. He's got a site set on being the nominee for the Democratic Party in someday president of the United States. I think that's a great idea his new podcast. As we know, as we are in the business, it's all in the execution, and we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 4: Right. Indeed, he got credit for sparring with Ron DeSantis on Hannity's show, and he obviously fancies that if he's seen as the brave defender of progressive values against the mean old mega people, it will vault him into, you know, the presidential race. As I've said many times, I hope he runs because his humiliation will be delicious to observe. If indeed there is a God for a number of reasons, including as any cal Unicornian knows, pouring billions and billions of dollars into so called homeless programs, and not only without any accountability, without even a mechanism for accountability, there was no mechanism for even asking is any of this stuff doing any good?
Speaker 2: But it is enormous scandal and the bullet train.
Speaker 1: Of course, first of all, Hanson, I don't know if anybody knows that is he is this going to be a like every weekday or once a month, or do we have any idea on how often he's doing his podcast?
Speaker 2: Unknown?
Speaker 4: Perhaps weekly huh, yeah, yeah, it's got to be a periodic thing. But I just wanted to mention Gavy and the homeless thing to get us into the next discussion, and I mentioned I think it was yesterday the Biden EPA on the way out the door announced that it had selected an organization named Young Gifted and Green that was run by Latricia Adams, who was simultaneously serving as a member of the top White House Advisory Council. But twenty million dollars to Young Gifted and Green. How sweet a name is that under it so called Environmental and Climate Justice community change program.
Speaker 1: God, some people get thrilled when they hear names like that I hold onto my wallet and think what a wasted time and money as soon as I.
Speaker 2: Hear anything with those words.
Speaker 4: If we had more time, we could play a game where Jack would name like, I don't know, spending uh fifty thousand dollars on sail boats sail repairs, and then I would have to justify that within environmental and climate justice community change programs, which could mean anything.
Speaker 2: The point is to dole out as.
Speaker 4: Horrific amounts of money to your cronies always, which brings us to this city journal doing a really good story. Interesting is Longish but Son John Friedman. Urban Anarchy, a San Francisco's nonprofits rise, illustrates the unaccountable growth of homeless services. And this is about the so called homeless industrial complex, which is not probably a big deal in some places. It's a ginormous deal in Blue states and ambition in California. And they focus on this group Urban Alchemy, a San Francisco based homeless services non profit. They mentioned once you notice Urban Alchemy employees on the street corners, clad in their signature camouflage pans and high visibility vests, you'll start seeing them everywhere. They patrol subway stations, downtown staff, public toilets and libraries, sweep streets, mill round homeless shelters.
Speaker 2: In the morning, they watch silently.
Speaker 4: Is the local night market, an informal gathering of junkies, drug dealers, and stolen goods vendors disperses for the day. They're not security guards or police officers. They're actually, interestingly, almost all ex convicts who allegedly that gives them well. On its website, Urban Alchemy believes that quote the trauma of long term incarceration compels individuals to undergo inner work that transforms the self, equipping them with extraordinary emotional intelligence and leadership skills, and uniquely qualifying them to connect with the most marginalized in our society. That last part I'm willing to buy, at least partially. But the idea that you've got to be incarcerated for a long time to really get the wisdom you need to deal with lise so bizarre an ocean. But here's the point of all this. I just want to explain who these people are. At his founding in twenty eighteen, Urban Alchemy's annual revenue was thirty five thousand dollars. To do what they wanted to do. Gleaned mainly from contracts to operate public toilets. Today that figure exceeds Brace yourselves, seventy million dollars.
Speaker 2: Seventy million.
Speaker 4: I was expecting a big number, but wow, stemming largely from government contracts to perform a range of additional public services, including running homeless shelters, cleaning streets, de escalating non urgent street conflicts across seven cities nationwide. And you just know, whenever they're throwing money around with these things, you could show up and say, hey, I've got a plan me and my buddies for de escalating street conflicts.
Speaker 2: We both I don't know.
Speaker 1: He has a master's in philosophy, whatever you coint.
Speaker 4: He's marginalized in a person of color, which makes him obviously an expert. Yes, writer, he lived on the street for a while, So give us five hundred thousand dollars and we will dedicate our time.
Speaker 2: It'd be so easy to grab onto chunks of this money. You just know it would be. There are a number of aspects of this that are super interesting.
Speaker 4: Here's one of them. How did they go to a seventy million dollar organization? Most immediate explanation is Progressive America's fatish interest in alternatives to policing after George Floyd. Though Urban Alchemy's employees are neither licensed to security guards and are properly accredited in crisis management, They've been contracted to respond to non emergency nine one one and three one one homeless related calls in certain neighborhoods San Francisco and LA, and run sanctioned homeless encoumpments in Portland the Broader Bay area San Francisco. Unsurprisingly, things often go awry. UA employees have shot and been shot, dealt drugs, sexually assaulted clients on the job, and there is scant hard evidence that their street psychology based interventions have improved public safety at all. Shocking, and, as they write in City Journal, Urban Alchemy is a case study in the expansion of the multi billion dollar homeless services industry. Most of us are now familiar with the phrase homeless industrial complex and the fact that increased investment in our unhoused neighbors seems to only beget worse outcomes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've been saying this for years.
Speaker 1: Show me an example of a homeless program that doesn't result in more.
Speaker 4: Homeless people, right, Yeah, yeah, on paper, urban alchemy. It does not police the homeless. It goes in and runs things in ds blah bamah. We described that this model often leads to subpar results, to put it generously on the ground, both for UA employees and their clients. In sas Alito, a wealthy Marine county town that's brought the organization into work in several city sanctioned homeless camps. They're not homeless camps. By the way, Transient drug addict is a much more accurate right, if.
Speaker 1: You're worried about being homeless, why in the hell would you live in Sasilito, California, one of the most expensive little tiny plots of land on earth? Right, Good lord, I know very few people in my entire life who could afford to live in Sacelito, California.
Speaker 4: But Jack, if I were a transient drug addict, why would I want to live in Sasolito?
Speaker 1: Because they're going to hand out money to you, and the weather's nice and it's incredibly pleasant. Yeah, the views are magnificent. I can't afford to live there, and I got a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Anyway, where were we In sauce Alito, they run several city sanctioned drug addict camps for the San Francisco Standard. Homeless residents alleged that UA practitioners ran a criminal syndicate that involved trafficking crystal meth in the camps and sleeping with and is physically assaulting residents. There's an ongoing federal rico lawsuit, and you know, we will post the link to this if you want to read it. It's great journalism. It goes into a great deal of depth. It names a bunch of names who set them up with the contracts and how it worked. But the tens of millions of dollars just to this organization, and the billions and billions of dollars that are being squandered in the blue left coast of America just breathtaking.
Speaker 2: But and this is.
Speaker 4: Bless one oh one, and you're probably fully up on this. I apologize for insulting your intelligence. But if you can attach even the thinnest of feel good rationales for it, the good decent people of America say, wow, these poor people are homeless because housing is high. I heard, and they just had one medical bill they couldn't pay, and now they're homeless, and so this is good that the people who actually pay taxes, their dollars are being confiscated and given to these poor homeless people. It sounds good. I mean, you can dig like an inch deep and you realize what a load of crap it is. And to get back to how we introduced it, you go to the average soft headed American who doesn't pay attention. Maybe they're busy, maybe they're dumb, and those are two very different things, right, right, right. I know people who are brilliant, they make me look like a dog, but they're busy with business or whatever, and they don't really pay attention to politics.
Speaker 2: And that's fine.
Speaker 4: I get that, although you know, James Madison Thomas Jefferson would say it's not fine at all.
Speaker 2: You're a citizen. You need to be responsible anyway.
Speaker 4: Tangent on a tangent, you can easily picture soft heads of reasonably good conscience responding to the group young, Gifted and Green spending twenty million dollars on environmental and climate justice and community change.
Speaker 2: That all sounds so good. But that's the scam, friends, that's the scam. God, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've always been struck right away by the people who are homeless in really nice areas of the country because I've lived in lots of crappy places, cheap towns or crappy apartments because there's all I can afford. I would love to have lived over there, but I couldn't afford it. I don't understand why. The first thought when you've got someone homeless and sauce Alito is.
Speaker 2: Go somewhere cheaper.
Speaker 1: It's like a shopping at saxophonth Avenue and saying I can't afford any shoes. Well, then we need to come up with the programs you can afford shoes as supposed saying go to Target.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, great square, but they have much cheaper shoes over there. Yeah, yeah, I had another thought. It flitted right out of my head. That's a good metaphor, though.
Speaker 2: And uh steal man this for me.
Speaker 1: Your Gavin Newsom doing the podcast and I ask why why does your state have half the homeless people in the entire country?
Speaker 2: And what would his response be.
Speaker 4: Eh, the high housing costs of California restrictive zoning, which we're working to overcome high medical costs brought about by Republicans, and we're taking this challenge head on.
Speaker 2: He's really good at that.
Speaker 4: He's really good at pretending that that Democrat progressive policies which have brought the night Mayor of crime, junkies, the rest of it on the Blue States of the left coast, that they felt like rain. He woke up one day and it was there, and he is bravely confronting.
Speaker 2: It like the hero he is. That's his thing, that's his trademark.
Speaker 4: Oh and the thought that flitted out of my head, I remember this, and I just I've got to do a touchdown dance. So obviously, as a show that's been based in northern California for many, many years, we were very early to the junkie camp homeless industrial complex story. And I remember distinctly when Jack and I would talk to people who were like recovering drug addicts and had spent time in the junkie camps and would come to us and say, dudes, it's eighty percent of it's just junkies, and a lot of them are from other places that came because the benefits are so great and it's so easy. You never get arrested, You get food, you get clothing, you get syringes, you get everything.
Speaker 2: These people have come from all over the country.
Speaker 4: The activists and the progressive government people would sternly say to us, that's not true. These are poor and unfortunate people who live here who have been marginalized by the system. Well, now it's becoming utterly clear, and nobody's even bothering to deny it anymore. That where you have you know, what was the name of the organization. We were just talking about this group, Urban Alchemy, And you have tens of millions of dollars being poured into the junkie camps, and more and more junkies every day. There is almost not an exception of that rule. They always grow, That's all they do is grow. It is clearly people flocking there to enjoy how easy and comfortable it is to be a junkie in those places.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 1: So at Columbia, you know university, the whack job pro terrorist college students took over a building again yesterday and with a bunch of demands and the chants and whatnot.
Speaker 2: We like to hear people's chants.
Speaker 4: The old demand and chant isnt all that's the old playbook, Jack.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll get to that in an hour. Three.
Speaker 1: We've also got a late night joke off at some plate. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 7: Shop authorities sounding the alarm after multiple freight train robberies targeting shipments of Nike sneakers in remote areas of the Desert Southwest. The most recent heist January thirteenth and parent Arizona thieves allegedly using this box truck, grabbing nearly two thousand pairs of brand new, unreleased Nike sneakers worth four hundred thousand dollars. Thanks to tracking devices inside some of the cargo, eleven people were arrested.
Speaker 2: They get on it, they.
Speaker 6: Cut a brake line, stop that train, and it's basically a shopper's delight.
Speaker 7: At least ten heists since last March, netting more than two million dollars in stolen Nikes. Authorities say criminal gangs linked to the Sinaloa cartel are behind the thefts.
Speaker 1: Wow, I wasn't ready for that twist. At the end, it to Mexican drug cartels the key word in that whole thing, because my son is A is a sneaker yunkie, unreleased. So the unreleased Nikes, man, those things go on sale, they sell out immediately, and they're on eBay for two, three, five, fifteen times what they cost if you can get them originally when Nike releases them.
Speaker 2: So those unreleased shows, you can make a lot of money on those.
Speaker 4: The cartels are absolutely operating in the United States now at a high level.
Speaker 1: So next hour Columbia students idiots took over a building yesterday, had demands and the administration bowed to them as they usually do.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous and you've got to hear their chanting. Yeah, some of the chanting is extra stupid.
Speaker 1: And oh and if you maybe you I hate to say fell for it because it makes it seem like, you know, if you fall for something, you're a you know, you're a dupe or dumb or naive or something.
Speaker 2: In the world of AI, we're all going to fall for things all the time.
Speaker 1: You need to come up with a different term that doesn't have any you know, negative prejudice to it, because we're all going to get fooled by AI.
Speaker 2: In all kinds of different ways. Yeah, yep, agreed.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Don Junior clip that was floating around yesterday and we'll play that for you in hour three. Also, I'm going to read it. Dear Abbey and Joe can react to a joke Joe's big. I don't know how many like Katie. Do you know what Dear Abbey is? I don't know how long? When when did Dear Abbey have its main traction? I don't know when Dear Abby went out of style. Used to be you get your daily newspaper, made on actual paper, out on the drive. You don't know, Dear Abby, you got it was an advice column, and it was like you'd call in with your problems of my mom meets with her mouth open and it drives me crazy and I don't know what to do. Dear Abby tell me what to do, And then Dear Abbey would write, well, try to have a conversation with your mother where you both can keep your tempers and come to a reasonable agreement. Yeah, it was from the fairly silly and light too sometimes fairly serious problem. I don't know who writes to your issued advice Caline. I don't know who writes Dear Abbey anymore. But here's one I came across in the New York Post. Dear Abby, I've been in a relationship with someone for eleven months. We were both each other's first relationship after being single for a few years following traumatic breakups.
Speaker 2: I was like that he had a traumatic breakup.
Speaker 1: All breakups are traumatic, with very very rare exceptions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: During our entire relationship, he has not cut his hair, left his house, or socialized with anyone besides me except via text.
Speaker 2: He doesn't visit me, but he always leaves his door open to me.
Speaker 1: We've discussed going out, but he always finds a reason to stay inside. After a while, I realized these were just excuses. He says he loves me, but he will not leave the house.
Speaker 4: What should I do, Dear Abby, find a boyfriend who's not an agoraphobic hermit.
Speaker 2: I feel sorry for that.
Speaker 1: Usually that that was always my reaction to any dear Yavy column was feeling sorry for the person who wrote the letter. You don't know what to do in this situation. You got to find a different boyfriend. He's a crazy person. Well, and you got to ask a newspaper columnist. I mean, they get like thousands of letters, so you get a one in a thousand chance of any answer whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And this is plan A. You're just gonna date the guy who never leaves his house. Armstrong and Getty