Speaker 1: It's a special day on this podcast because it's Awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't be fooled. That is the second Date Update podcast with Brooke and Jeffrey. And I'm just going to say one of our listeners was about to empty out their entire savings account to make their big dream happen. It all started when they made one viral TikTok video and uh, anyway, it turned into a thing. And you're about to hear the thing in just a second. But let's go to comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daniella said, I've been listening since I was seven and I'm twenty two now and I will never stop. Yeah, and I've always wanted to be jeff in the wild, but I don't think that'll happen, considering he hates.
Speaker 1: Going in public that long. Yeah, you could catch him at a rest stop or a grocery store. Yeah, usually his two head out. Yeah that's about it. In the woods. Maybe I'll run into him somewhere out but randomly at dive bars. Yeah, he really likes a dive bar that plays karaoke. He's oh karaoke for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So favorite those are your hot spots to find twenty two, You can go to all those places. All right, let's get your awkward Tuesday phone call started.
Speaker 4: How do you tell someone that you love that their dreams are definitely not gonna happen and you do not support them? Oh wow, bro, didn't you put that in your wedding vows somewhere?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 4: I could have sworn after your sister in law played the violin.
Speaker 1: No, she did play the violin, but I did not have that in my bounds.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners is having that very problem with her boyfriend brook. Hell, come on, he's about to empty out their entire savings account to make his big dream happen. And it all started when he made one viral TikTok video. We're gonna hear all about it and then try and convince the boyfriend to give up on his dreams in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. We've been doing our show for a while now, Yeah, and we have a lot of people listening to us, and I think there's certain moments for each person in this room that really stand out as our most famous thing that we've done on the show. Do I have one that's not voting? Well? For you broke for like thirty years now, you can't think of one big moment.
Speaker 1: You know, it all kind of blends together after a while.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, like one that really stood out for me that I remember was when I did a parody song about Ikea, and IKEA headquarters in Sweden actually made all of their employees learn the song and sing it at a big company event. Yeah, did you not see that video? It was crazy, all these Swedish people sing in this American zong.
Speaker 1: No wonder I don't remember our big moments. I missed that video.
Speaker 4: Now, every time I go into ike all the workers give me side I like, that's the guy that met us. But apparently one of our listeners, Beth has a semi famous boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh has he been on this show? We're all about semi famous?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. But she is having some issues with their new fame. How's it going?
Speaker 5: It's going okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I'm curious to this guy is because sometimes fame and infamy can be mixed up. Like, yeah, he's not famous for like a mugshot or anything.
Speaker 5: Right, No, it's not a mugshot.
Speaker 6: But yeah, my boyfriend Josh.
Speaker 5: Went viral like six months ago. Oh yeah, so basically it's got like five million views. Like this one video went crazy and it's him throwing up yogurt in the air and then catching it back in his mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh, that got five million views.
Speaker 1: Date this guy before that happened or after.
Speaker 5: No, we were dating before he went viral.
Speaker 4: But okay, so you're not just in it for the fame. Clearly you're like.
Speaker 1: Grandma, wait, do you see my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I'm like cringing, But then I'm also like, god, I bet he makes so much more money than I do.
Speaker 4: Now, I mean, it is kind of it's skills to be able to catch all that mouth, I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, just going viral in general, no matter what it's about, it always leads to more opportunities.
Speaker 4: You blow your page up.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, that chill Bonnie wants to endorse you.
Speaker 4: Is that what's happening? Is he really famous? Now?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I mean the initial video was wild, and then he did a follow up one that got like, I don't know, one hundred thousand views, and he's just I think like he's more invested in it than like it's actually gonna be a thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's trying to catch that fame.
Speaker 6: Yeah right the wa Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's like it was like about a week after the videos came out, he started referring to himself in the third person. Oh, I'm Daddy Gert.
Speaker 1: He's got to be he's joking, right, He's not being serious.
Speaker 5: So I mean initially I'm like, Okay, he's just like playing it up. But this is like he's trying to make him solve this brand Daddy Gert, Daddy Gert. Yeah, and he's like constantly using ridiculous phrases like go girt or go home.
Speaker 6: And I pointed out that I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, but go Gert's a thing.
Speaker 4: Like that successful company.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I told him about that, but he got real flustered by it. And it's just at that point I just really understood that he's taking this so seriously.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so you calling for relationship advice because I have some thoughts.
Speaker 4: The girls are like, just break out with it. What made you reach out to us for help? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So the video caught like a lot of views in Austria and so The big thing now is he wants to go to Austria and do a live appearance and and bring merch. So basically the big problem is he wants to take fifteen thousand dollars of our life savings and just like go for this empire he's trying to build.
Speaker 1: He wants to take fifteen grand of your guys' joint money to do it.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh you don't believe in his his Girt empire. You're not on board the Girt train.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I mean I just I really need to convince him like to not do that. And it's just I'm in a hard spot because, like I don't want it to turn into a huge fight. It's definitely a bad idea. But you know, I've just been listening to him and he's like telling me all of these plans and it's just like making me very worried.
Speaker 1: Have you voiced any of your concern to Daddy Girt.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just I call my best friend and I've been to her, but with him, I haven't gone there because I just know it's not going to end well.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: His head, he's thinking, oh yeah, well fifteen grand up front, and then once I go there, we could make thirty brand.
Speaker 4: Off of all the appearances.
Speaker 2: But if he doesn't, if it's not a hit, then you're gonna be out fifteen grand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, risk is what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I mean, has anyone from Ostrich contacted him, like any agents or I mean it's serious like brands or something like because maybe he's right, maybe there's something over there for him.
Speaker 5: I mean he basically just tells me that he's contacted a bunch of different people and he's working on some things.
Speaker 6: But I just I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be anything. Sounds like you're about to be in a relationship with a famous yogurt man. Yeah someday.
Speaker 1: Well it worked out for John Stamos. What did he do he was the yogurt mascot for a while or like the Chovanni dude, Yeah, work.
Speaker 2: Marketing, hits very I mean.
Speaker 1: He was already famous, so there was that.
Speaker 4: But but she doesn't want that. Beth doesn't want Daddy Gert to I think, realize.
Speaker 1: Fame more than anything. She doesn't want Daddy Girt to take fifteen g from her bank account, lose it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to talk about this a little bit off the air. We'll come back, give you a little bit of advice, and we'll let you call your boyfriend Daddy Gert and try and convince him to not seize his fifteen minutes of fame and just move on go back to his normal, boring life.
Speaker 5: No, boy, Yeah, I just think that's going to be for the best.
Speaker 4: Who would have.
Speaker 2: Thought yogur would have made anyone's life more exciting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we're gonna do it with the awkward Tuesday phone call. Next. It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Alexis I want to ask you theoretically, if you're dating a great guy. He's fun, he has a good job.
Speaker 2: This already's unrealist.
Speaker 4: He buy all the gifts that you could possibly want, and then one time he makes a video of himself tossing yogurt in the air and catching it in his and go spiral for it. Could you still support him and be with him after that? Or is that the ultimate ditch?
Speaker 1: You know? It's worse than that. Might be making his own T shirts. That's such an ick. Oh you don't like them making up a T shirt? Okay, I might do it.
Speaker 4: Over the video, crying to go viral with it. It just happened accidentally, and he's leaning in like I've decided that I'm pro girt, which also should probably go on one of his t shirts or service. I am pro girt, but sounds like a probiotic yogurt. That's not what Beth wants. No wants her boyfriend Daddy Gert to have his girt dreams die right here and now. And Brooke, do you have some advice for what she should do?
Speaker 1: You know this is hard for you because you haven't actually expressed your real feelings about this at all. Yeah, because it was fine before when it was his money. Now it's your money that he's also trying to invest in this, And that's when you need to say, listen, I've been saving your feelings, but we've crossed the line where I need to tell you how I really feel. Dude, it's her money, it's fifteen grand.
Speaker 4: Are you comfortable with that, Beth being honest with your boyfriend?
Speaker 5: You know, I feel like we're at the crossroads where it's I don't do it now, like I'm going to get sucked into this yogurt.
Speaker 6: Thanks for good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to be part of the Girt Empire and you don't want to be ose.
Speaker 4: What do you think Beth should do?
Speaker 2: Just tell him this, Do you really want to go to a place where there's openly rude people and dog poop everywhere? Okay, bad facts about Austria and of many things I've.
Speaker 1: Heard, Austria is one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
Speaker 4: No, Beth, can you forward him a link to bad Austrian fact.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna collect my list of negatives along with the whole spitting up yogurt.
Speaker 4: Okay, exactly, all right, we have some advice there. I'm not going to call it great advice, well, but hopefully helpful. We're gonna dial Daddy Girt right now, your boyfriend and let you have your conversation with him.
Speaker 5: You ready, Yeah, but do you mind just calling him Josh?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, Beth, this is your awkward Tuesday phone call. So I guess we'll call him just Josh, called boring old Josh and let you make your awkward call. Here we go.
Speaker 6: You got good? Who's this?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 6: It's me, Hey, bag, so.
Speaker 5: Hey, nothing. I just wanted to know if you had a few minutes to chat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's going on. I've got a video to do.
Speaker 5: But oh okay, another yogurt video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, making that moolah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad that you brought that up.
Speaker 6: Those videos make money now, I mean it's investment. So yeah, eventually, eventually, don't worry, baby.
Speaker 5: Wow, I just before we get into this empire, I just kind of wanted to talk about the fifteen thousand dollars. I'm just I'm not sure I'm quite comfortable spending that kind of money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but babe, we've talked about this. This is how it works. You got to spend money to make money. Baby. I'm not just an artist. I'm also an entrepreneur. So if you want to get to girt Topia, you got to pay the toll.
Speaker 5: You feel me, Okay, okay, but that's the problem. I don't. I don't want to go there. No one wants to go to girt Topia.
Speaker 6: Okay, just hear me out. I wouldn't have to do my job anymore. Okay, you could quit your job. You can manage me. We have a lifetime supply of yogurt in the fridge from the highest bidder. There are so many like.
Speaker 5: These are all really fun dreams to have. But like, let's just be realistic for a minute here.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, I think I am being realistic because this can be huge, and I'm I know what I'm I want.
Speaker 5: I want to support you, I do. I want you to follow your dreams. But it's just so much money and I just don't think it's a good time.
Speaker 6: Okay, look, it's it's too late. So I already bought the plane tickets to Vienna. And no, no you didn't yeah two months from now, baby, No, no.
Speaker 5: No, no, you did not spend our money without asking me.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't use our money. I asked your parents if they'd invest and your dad wrote me a check for five grand. They you what, who's this? What is going on?
Speaker 4: Hey man on the radio right now with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Excellent opportunity to promote your business. Well that's why we're in.
Speaker 4: We're all invested.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, what is going on right now?
Speaker 4: Well this is called an awkward Tuesday phone call. And Beth reached out to us because she wasn't sure how to have this conversation with you about not spending fifteen thousand dollars on the trip to Austria, because are you serious right now?
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm serious. It's a lot of money to throw into Daddy girkill.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, are you seriously that you just got a hell of promotion right now? He's see this.
Speaker 1: I told you, Beth, you got to be straight with Daddy Girt.
Speaker 6: I told you, bet you can manage this, and this is crazy. Thank you for ditch. By the way, Beth, you're.
Speaker 4: Better at managing his Girt life than you even realized you were. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't mean for this to be a positive thing like this was supposed to be a wake up call for you.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to tell you like this, But this is actually great because what's going to happen is I wanted to surprise you with the trip, and we're going to go and we're gonna have so much fun, and Daddy Gert is going to spoil you rutt.
Speaker 1: No, her dad is going to spoil her rut because he's the one paying for this. How did you convince her parents to give you five thousand dollars?
Speaker 6: Oh, parents, know that I'm going to double that triple back. And for your information, I already got an appearance lined up with Austrian roller Blady company. They like the idea of eating on the go.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the same same business plans go.
Speaker 4: Rolling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, please don't encourage him. Guys, you're not helping right now.
Speaker 4: I don't see how we can. I mean, even your parents see the merit in gert Topia.
Speaker 1: You're being sarcastic. It is a terrible idea. I am sorry, Josh. This is a It sounds like a fun trip. It sounds like you're not having to pay both positives. But this is not like your career. It's just one viral TikTok video. It doesn't really mean that much.
Speaker 4: With over six million views on it. That doesn't just happen for a one off thing.
Speaker 1: This is a business waiting to literally always happens for a one off thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, she's got to buy into my dreams because I have a dream, and that's what we do as spouses. We got to support our loved one.
Speaker 1: These are spouses.
Speaker 6: You're married now, I mean in my in my mind, I mean this is all part of the grand master plan.
Speaker 4: Wow. I mean you could be the future missus Daddy Girt.
Speaker 1: Wow, Mama Girt, Mama girt does not sound sex is literally like, I didn't know that you could get worse than Daddy Kurt and you.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to complete lost her words because I get it.
Speaker 4: This is a lot is happening here. We probably need some time for process. Let's just focus on one thing. The trip that is already booked. It's happening already paid for by your parents.
Speaker 1: It'd be really fun to go to Austria.
Speaker 4: I agree. I think you just go there and you see what happens. Beth, what do you say?
Speaker 5: I my jaw. I mean it's already paid for, right, So yeah, I'll go only with you this one time.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is oh my god, oh my god, you're not we're doing.
Speaker 5: This and you know what, and you're gonna and you're gonna get me a puppy when we get back, a puppy.
Speaker 2: We know there's lots of dogs, there, lots of poop.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you want need a puppy, Beth? You just want a puppy.
Speaker 4: She wants something in it for herself.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I got a great idea to a dog yogurt, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: For dogs, doggart doggurt doort I get to it. Yeah. There it is doggurt that actually may be a good business fled and you.
Speaker 4: Can name your dog squirt. Jeff, I need my dog Bagel.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Nobody told you for a Bagel endorsement of it.
Speaker 4: Just give it time.
Speaker 6: Okay, guys, I got to do this video, so I got to go.
Speaker 4: Gotcha. I'm just watching you to know we believe in you, Daddy Girt. Okay, don't realize your dream.
Speaker 1: Stigart may be ahead.
Speaker 4: Honestly wants to
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.