Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Well, let's have a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepkar with Stephen Cowell, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Moon.
Speaker 1: Luie's good morning.
Speaker 3: Let's begin with Beyer, which makes agricultural products, and the Trump administration seems to have stepped in to back the firm's appeals against US lawsuits that have been targeting for quite some time. Bear's top selling weed killer. Indeed, yeah so, shares a surgeon in Germany on this news. They're up the most in about two decades this morning. So, as you say, yeah so, a Trump official has urged the US High Court to consider Bear's appeal to this case. This is thousands of lawsuits that have been going on for years blaming their weedkiller for causing cancer essentially, so this is the US list the general So, yeah, he's recommended that the High Court agrees to hear Beer's challenges, which is which makes a big difference.
Speaker 4: So if you look at the statistics around it. The Supreme Court now has to decide whether to take the case, and usually they only accept less than one percent of petitions, but with this backing, the probability rises to more than seventy percent. So it's a big, a big deal. So that's the next thing that's being looked at. That the focus is now moving on on what the Supreme Court will decide. But as you say, it's played them you know, for years to come. They've already paid over about ten billion dollars in verdicts in settlements.
Speaker 1: So Alice is saying, obviously this is this.
Speaker 4: Is a positive indication and they're looking at could this potentially mean if this you know, goes ahead, that there could be lower provision requirements and so on. So yeah, shares surging on the back of that, So we will be keeping an eye as to what the Supreme Court actually end up deciding and what happens going forward with the case.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that on Bayer to UK banks now the country seven largest lenders have passed. The Bank of England stressed how that's going down on.
Speaker 4: Markets going down quite well. Shares are taking high into the green across the board. So the likes of Lloyd, HSBC, that West not hugely higher potentially because they were all kind of they were all expected to pass.
Speaker 1: But it is still very good news for the bank.
Speaker 4: So as you say, they passed this stressess it essentially examines how resilient they are to an economic shock that's worse than their financial crisis.
Speaker 1: That's what they're examined against.
Speaker 4: So the results are showing that all of these banks can support the economy even if conditions are you know, materiously materially worse than expected. The BWI also said that none need to strengthen their capital positions and also cut the estimates of how much the sector needs in capital requirements.
Speaker 1: That was for the first time in a decade. So it's some positive news for them.
Speaker 4: As I say, shares are higher, but not hugely, you know, no huge movements.
Speaker 1: On this news, but good news for the banking sector. Okay.
Speaker 3: So that with the Bank of England's verdicts, then on the banking industry in the UK, Campari is our last stock and that is rising today because of strong growth prospects in the US.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Barkley's has raised their recommendation. So it's all on the back of this. They've also increased their price target for Campari. They're saying that Campari is well balanced to benefit from trends including modernization, more purchasing of kind of premium products, convenient consumption, consumption, that kind of thing, and they're going to really outform they think in the US spirit sector. They noted particularly Aprool, which is one of Campari's products.
Speaker 1: And yeah, as to the.
Speaker 4: Positive news for a Campari, they recently well in October they had their third quarters results. They'd bet Isthmut's. They've alsoually also recently outlined a new strategy that was in November. And now if you look at their analyst ratings now with Barclay's change, there's nine nine ratings for a buy and twelve for a whole, so slowly creeping up into the buys. So yeah, rising on that news this morning, adding to games recently in the past few.
Speaker 2: Weeks, the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube. Bloomberg dot com and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.