Speaker 1: Welcome to the steven A. Smith Show.
Speaker 2: My next guest served as the White House Chief strategist for the first seven months of President Donald Trump's first administration. He's now the host of the Conservative Warroom podcast. He is also a man that has been on the record on several occasions endorsing circumventing the twenty second Amendment for Donald Trump to receive a third term in office. Okay, that is why I wanted to talk to my next guest. Mister Steve Bannon is on this show with yours truly.
Speaker 1: How are you, sir? How's everything?
Speaker 3: Thank you for being on doing fine, steven A. Thanks for having me honored.
Speaker 2: Now explain to me, Steve Banner, how you can with a straight face, sit back and say Donald Trump is going to be I'm inaugurated as President of the United States in January of twenty twenty, twenty twenty nine. He's going to win the election in twenty twenty eight when a twenty second amendment clearly states no one shall serve more than two terms. Could you talk about that?
Speaker 1: Police?
Speaker 3: The Constitution says Stephen that on the President Trump's Article two powers the chief executive officer of the US government's commander in chief of the Armed Forces, the chief law enforcement officer of the United States government, chief magistrate. And I think, as I count coming on your show, I think there's one hundred and fifty lawsuits in federal court by various organizations affiliated with the Democratic Party. The NGOs are actually members of Democrat Party suing President Trump on his Article two powers that are clearly delineated in the Constitution. So the constitutions open for interpretation. I have never said, and the people I'm working with have never said, we're trying to mend a constitution. We think that there are a number of legal workarounds of that, and we're working on that, and we'll probably present it to the public sometime either right before the twenty two midterms or shortly thereafter when most people will be jumping in the race for the twenty twenty eight nominations for the parties. And so this is something I'm absolutely convinced of. And I tell folks, I said, look, when I first really i'd known Trump for a couple of years, when I first start watching him as a politician act, and really as early as May of twenty fourteen, when I saw him go to these cattle calls in Iowa and in New Hampshire, and I told people I was running bright Bart at the time, and I told people, I said that guy's going to win the Republican primary and he's going to be the next person in the United States. People laughed in my face, and he was polling at zero. In fact, he polled at zero up for the next year all the way up right before he ran. He was still in the distant seventh or eighth place. Before he announced that day on fifteen January twenty fifteen, which would come of the ten year anniversary in twenty twenty one, when he had the second election stolen, he went back to mar Lago. The odds were along there. People laughed in my face. Fox News did not show him live for two years. So I tell folks, I say, folks, I have had Trump's back and been involved with people early on when the odds were so much longer than we have now of actually working through different alternatives to make sure he's on the ballot. And he will be elected President of States. And on the twentieth of January and the afternoon of twenty twenty nine, President Trump will be in the White House as serving his winning his fourth election and serving his third term.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this for my sole enjoyment.
Speaker 2: This clip that I'm about to bring up because I watched Bill Maher show all the time, Real Time with Bill Maher. I love seeing you on the last week. I love seeing what he had to say in the aftermath of his visit to the White House to meet with Trump. But this is you and him interacting with one another about this very subject. I'll ask my next question after I showed this to you again. Take it away, guys.
Speaker 4: Here it is the Constitution. Can I read a passage to you? Amendment twenty two No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice. And yet you keep talking about Trump's Maybe you should have this.
Speaker 3: I'll get you to sign a backstage underline. Well, President Trump didn't bring up running for a third term. Myself and others brought up running for a third term. President Trump is going to run for a third term. And President Trump was going to be elected again on the afternoon of January twentieth, of twenty twenty nine. He's going to be president United States.
Speaker 1: Why did I bring that up?
Speaker 2: Steve Benn And I'm going to tell you why, because the key thing that I peeled from that was you saying that President Trump didn't say this, he didn't ask for this. You guys would the ones that initiated it. What is this fixation on him? I see JD. Vance as the Vice President of the United States. Last time I checked, he probably governed the same way Trump is governing. We see Marco Rubio as the Secretary of State. He has been a state up for quite some time. He knows what the hell he's doing. There's a plethora of other individuals within the GOP that could definitely fill those shoes.
Speaker 1: What's the fixation on Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: Sir Steven. Look, there's a lot of good folks out there that could be president and and do an okay job. But if an individual like Trump, let's let's be specific about this, when he had the election stolen from in twenty twenty, went back to Marlago and he made that decision those really dark days of January February March. He understood that if he was to come back and not just sit in mar Alago and buy more golf courses and get in the open Rota in the United Kingdom, or get some of his courses in the PGA tournaments in the US Open Rota here in the United States, and enjoy a big book deal and hang out with with Malaney and the family. He understood at the time that if he came back and came and ran for president again, not just the Republican establishment, but that the apparatus would try to put him in prison. The apparatus would try to bankrupt him, the apparatus would eventually try to assassinate him. He made the most courageous political move in the history of this country. If you take John Kennedy's profiles and courage, you read it and add it all up and triple it. That's one tenth of the moral clarity encouraged that President Trump had to say, I'm going to come back, because if I don't come back and do this and win and take the country back and take it back, get it back on the constitutional republics should be understanding what happened and then looking what happened in the four years the country's finished. This is why President Trump we've had. Most countries don't have something like Trump in their entire history. We've been very fortunate to have General Washington at the founding of the nation, President Lincoln at the rebirth of the nation, and now President Trump at the rejuvenation of this country. And that's why a man like that comes along every hundred years. And we've got to get all the squeeze out of the limit. We have to have this guy's back. We want him there as long as possible, and we're gonna find legal methods to do it. And President Trump will be re elected and be back in the oval office.
Speaker 2: Now, Steve Anna, I'm not gonna be some leftists constantly, you know, just just drilling in this point. But you do know everyone says, excuse me, the election wasn't stolen, that your lost fair and square in twenty twenty, the inordinate amount of lawsuits that were thrown out, they even the courts dismissed it, etc. Yet guys like yourself and others continue to say the election was stolen when others would argue that the facts say otherwise. Do you ever think about letting that go, particularly now that the man is back in office as the forty seventh president, and to avoid spewing such rhetoric, knowing that it just serves to continue to divide the country.
Speaker 3: What about that notion, I actually think it brings the country together. Ste So stephen A. The other day, President Trump signed in an executive order about crabs, about a guy that he appointed that was at DHS that says his most secure cybersecurity election in history. He actually initiated an investigation, as Tulca Gabbard, who is a Democrat right head of d and I Director of National Intelligence, said that they now have a beginning of proof that the machines can be hacked. And I'm not a machine guy. I say they stole the old fashioned way, particularly in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania with mail in ballots. But over seventy percent of the Republican Party believes the twenty twenty election was stolen. So I think right now of all Americans, I think it's about forty three to forty four, almost forty five percent. So a vast minority of your fellow countrymen believe that the twenty twenty election was stolen, and then a whole raft of people think there was something up. I have been adamant from day one we have to have a congressional investigation, open hearings about get to the bomb of twenty twenty and let the cards follow with them. Ay, but it's not over. You cannot have something that that's in a constitutional republic. And I am adamant that we have to investigate. Now, I see that Tulca Gabbert and President trump'signed the executive order. You're going to have a formal investigation of this. I'm sure we're going to go over the next couple of years and get it on the table. But for the Maga believers and the Maga faithful, it is an article of faith through our knowledge of doing this and getting and drilling down those numbers that the twenty twenty election was stolen. President Trump would have never run again if he actually thought he had lost. He would never run again, he says time and again. He ran for the simple reason he knew that twenty twenty election was stolen and he had to come back and write that wrong. This is why we call him He's like the Roman general Cincinnatus, who retired and went back to his farm and returned at the request of the people to basically save Rome from invading armies. That's how we think we think of President Trump as the American Cincinnatus.
Speaker 2: I got a couple of more questions to ask you, and I'll be right back. I don't want the audience to go anywhere, but I got a couple of questions that I got to ask you before I let you get on out of here.
Speaker 1: I'll be back after I pay these bills.
Speaker 2: All Right, folks, I need you all to start what you're doing and listen up. Okay, Earlier this week, I gave you my picks for Saturday's game between my beloved New York Knicks and the Detroit Pistons.
Speaker 1: Here's where I picked.
Speaker 2: Okay, more for Jalen Brunson, more for Kid cutting Him, more for call Anthony Towns, more for Tobias Harris, more for Michale Bridges, more for Malik Beasley.
Speaker 1: I know it's crazy, but damn it. I went more and more and more and more and more.
Speaker 2: And I believe I'm gonna be right because I believe it's gonna be a high score game because the Knicks don't play defense the way that they used to.
Speaker 1: But that's a different subject for another day. Well, listen, here's the bottom line.
Speaker 2: If you haven't done so already, go to Prize Picks app and check out the Steven A. Smith Show Community play. It's boosted fifteen percent. The app is easy to use. Just pick more or less on a few player stats and you can win up to two thousand times your cash on a single lineup. Best of all, Prize Pects will get you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar lineup. Well the lose, You'll get fifty bucks for playing. Use promo code that say yes and download the app now again.
Speaker 1: Download the app and use.
Speaker 2: Code I say Yes to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 1: Prospects, Hey, Hey, run your game.
Speaker 2: Joining me today to talk about the Prospects community play is streamer and Prospects partner the one of.
Speaker 1: The only sketch what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: First, I'm going to show how you doing, buddy. How's everything doing? Great?
Speaker 5: Brother dog?
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to be here. And I would also like to say I love Prize Fixed two and from what you're saying about your lineup, you must love them too, because what you're doing is just donating money to price fix a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Were they right?
Speaker 1: I think so? I think so, But you know what, I might be right on a few of them.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. I might be right on a few of them. Let's get to the first or the business sketch. I hear you're a fan of all the Houston sports teams. What are your picks for Sunday's Houston Rockets game?
Speaker 5: Jalen Green more than it's three and a half a sis. I like Jayalen Green more than three and a half a sist. My Ray Sing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know that day is four twenty.
Speaker 5: That's a day of passing, okay, and there's be a lot of passing in that game. In Houston, we love to pass. Jabari Smith Junior is my next guy, and I will take him more than nine and a half points.
Speaker 3: Why because that number is so low it makes me angry.
Speaker 5: It makes me angry, and I'm telling you this, I would push it up and make it a demon. If it was fourteen and a half, I would almost take twenty.
Speaker 1: That's my second guy.
Speaker 5: My third guy, I have Gary Payton Junior again four twenty. I don't know if you ever smoked some Gary Payton, It's it is quite literally some of the best stuff you can find. And I'm going with Junior on this one, and it's going to be more four and a half rebounds and asses. Okay, that's my third guy, and then my other guy is Stephen Curry twenty four and a half points. I am from Houston and he is our kryptonite, so I am expecting him to have a field day. So that's my reasoning, right, And if you want to win money, you should actually throw it to you. You should probably throw some online.
Speaker 2: It sounds crazy. It sounds crazy, but but you might win.
Speaker 1: I get it. So I'm gonna flow with you on this one.
Speaker 2: Let me go to the next question, because you had a unique opportunity to announce, you know, the fourth round pick at Lash's NFL Draft for the Texas Mister k Stover, how was that experience?
Speaker 1: Talk to me about that. That was awesome.
Speaker 5: I think my favorite part about it was being in Detroit and announcing an Ohio State guy. Did not realize until the moment when I heard the booze, I forgot about where I was.
Speaker 3: The other part was.
Speaker 5: It was cool because I'm a CJ. Stroud fan and uh Stover's at X c J Stroud or I was the CJ. Stroud's teammate at Ohio State, so that was kind of cool. It was kind of all the all that, and they traded a pick before, so I had a lot.
Speaker 3: To read the They had a whole paragraph.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was dope, though.
Speaker 5: I got the crowd fired up.
Speaker 1: Did you did? You did?
Speaker 2: And you should have listen. I wish they had better. I wish they had a better season, but it still wasn't awful. And by the way, speaking of the Houston I'm gonna get to the Houston Texas. Speaking later of Houston Texas, you know a few of the Texas players include a quarterback CJ. Strata and and of course linebacker Will Anderson. How do you think they'll do this upcoming season?
Speaker 1: I think they'll do great?
Speaker 3: Uh cj uh.
Speaker 1: A lot of you are saying he took what's great, sketch?
Speaker 3: Great? Great?
Speaker 5: Is the ANFC Championship game the least. I've already bought the tickets. I've already bought the tickets, and flights non refundable. I usually flight first class. I bought economy this time just because it was don refundable. I'm gonna be there rain and and and he's gonna throw for three hundred yards and I'm looking for a possible m v P and Will Anderson. I will say that was one of my favorite picks of the Texans when we traded up for Will Anderson. That was we are going to win now, and we're going to shock the world, and we are going to win this year. Okay, And I don't want to be that guy. So I am knocking on wood for for.
Speaker 2: A lot of emotion there, but I'm gonna let it slid. I'm gonna let it slid because c J. Strouds the stud and I got love. I wish them nothing.
Speaker 3: But what do you think.
Speaker 2: I think he's a stud. I just think you gotta protect him better. But I think he's a quarterback of the future. He's one of the elite quarterbacks in the future. And I think he's gonna deliver a championship to Houston one day. I just don't think it's gonna be in the immediate future because I think Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson will probably grab a title before him.
Speaker 1: I don't think so about that.
Speaker 5: If you've seen Josh Allen play football, I r l it is uh quite literally, Uh. I don't know. Every time I've seen him play Houston, he gets his ass kicked.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry for cousy. I forgot about it.
Speaker 1: Oh you need to stop that. You need stop that. That one give you to gifted sketcher.
Speaker 2: Got to get ready to run. But now before I ask you this last question. We'll talk about this later because I don't like your take on Josh Allen as all. But before we get on out of here, tell me about the Sideman charity match at Wimbley Stadium in London. Because you were involved in you were involved in that. Tell me about that.
Speaker 5: It's just something I do, mister Smith. To be honest, that's what I do. I am a winner.
Speaker 1: All I do is win.
Speaker 5: I broke my trophy, but I do have this other trophy, so I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Most of the time you see.
Speaker 5: That it says Sports Streamer of the Year.
Speaker 1: They only give out one of those, that's MVP.
Speaker 5: But this charity match, I don't know. Look up the highlights, lots of highlights. I'll tell you what it's like. I was walking around to England like I was Tom Cruise or something. Schools of children were stopping me, asking me and telling me, great football game in a different country. It was a dream come true and you know, to be the guy to save the world. It was like, I don't know. I felt like Nicholas.
Speaker 1: Cage Sketch Live at Large.
Speaker 2: I got it. I got it sketch on Steven A. Smith Show. I'm happy. I like you, my man.
Speaker 1: Look forward to talking to you soon. You take care of suffer, right.
Speaker 5: I love you, Bro, Thanks Bro, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Man, take care every good. What you know what?
Speaker 2: I'm so fascinated to talk to you. I could talk to you for hours. I ain't gonna lie because some of the stuff that you say. I was like, I cannot believe this man really really feels this way and it's this adamant about it.
Speaker 1: But I respect the conviction.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna switch to something else because I'm gonna get I want to get more into you. Steve Bannon, for example, you appear to have Donald Trump's air during his first turn, but he now seems to be listening to what some would describe as oligarus or the elites, as you called them. How often do you talk to President Trump right now and what role do you currently play in the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: It's simple, I have a podcast or show that we've had now going on for five years. We started at the beginning of the impeachment, when nobody on the right wing or conservative media took the impeachment seriously. When Nancy Pelosi stepped to the microphone I think was up at the United Nations and said she was forming a committee to investigate potential impeachment. Over the call with Zelenski, I said right away, which I'd been preaching since before twenty eighteen, if you lose the House, they will impeach Trump, just like Hakeem Jeffries and the Democrats right now are going to raise two billion dollars the moment they take the House. If they do in twenty twenty six, the first order of business in early January twenty seven is to begin impeachment across thess of President Trump. The ruling class of this nation know they must destroy Trump and destroy Trump's populist nationalist movement. So my show is just the show. We have various experts on and people, and you know, Scott Bessen's Secretary Treasury was a contributor for a couple of years. Peter Navarro is one of my co hosts. Right Mike Davis, the Viceroy the one that has such a big voice, particularly bringing a Facebook to trial under the Justice Department in n FTC. Today, he's a prominent member. So we have all the top hardcore and I mean hardcore MAGA members, people who are quite frankly, we are farther to the right than President Trump. This platform has led us to have a vanguard of citizens. The reason our show is different. We are the show for the activists. We're not a general audience like Fox are just sitting there changing the channels. We have an activist based These are the people that make the phone calls. These are the people that took over the Republican Party by the precinct strategy. We believe in one simple thing. Human agency is your effort, in your will that will change this but you as an individual, and that's what the show is. And President Trump sees clips of it and he knows that. He knows that we're back in his policies and we're back in him every day. Although we disagree on certain implementations of the policies, he understands. The war rooms always there and that's why I think we've become quite power the MAGA movement.
Speaker 1: We are you talking.
Speaker 2: About what the left allegedly has done, what you guys believe that he has done they have done. You talk about you and your show and the movement essentially being activist, being rife with activists.
Speaker 1: That's the approach that you have. I get that.
Speaker 2: So what about the question that one would pose to you in terms of what are you willing to do?
Speaker 1: What lines are you willing to cross?
Speaker 2: If you assume that the left has done these things, if you assume that they've stolen an election. What about when people look at you all and they say, is any is there any lines that you won't cross? Because as we see things unfolding before our very eyes. Just the other day with the immigrant that was sent back to El Salvador. He wasn't an American citizen, but the court specifically said about a break I believe that's his name. They said to him, hey, he's to be protected here. The Supreme Court voted nine and nothing to keep him here, and that he was gone, and the Trump administration said, hey, you know, we can't get him back. You know, when we see stuff like this in the United States of America, we're not accustomed to seeing an administration essentially ignore the Supreme Court, particularly when they vote unanimously. Are these the kind of things that you would endorse and support happening?
Speaker 3: I absolutely endorse. So let's go back for a second on people talk about breaking rules and things like that. We're the biggest believers in democracy. We just won a sweeping victory in November against all odds. Remember in sixteen where I stepped in and ran the campaign starting in mid August when he was ten or twelve points behind it. In sixteen, we came out of nowhere to be Clinton. Quite frankly, as people know, a lot of people say Clinton lost more than we won because she was so arrogant about going to Michigan, about going to Flint, Michigan, about going to Detroit, about going to Wisconsin. By going to working class Pennsylvania, we pierced the Blue Wall because we went there and did rallies, and President Trump convinced working class Democrats and Independents to vote for him. So we won that in twenty sixteen. That way, in twenty twenty four, four years, they came after Trump. You know, they threatened to put him in jail, to bankrupt him, to do everything right. They saw us coming and still President Trump won a sweeping victory, including the popular vote, against all odds, as you so well know, and so we're a huge believer in democracy. The reason is we're seeing in front of us a nineteen thirty two type reorganization, just like a FDR led his coalition. Right now, we have more black, young black men voting for President Trump than ever have Hispanics ride because he's reaching out to working class people were populous economic nationalists, and that message is resonating. I tell you, for my time in prison, I only put out one statement. It was in late September, and I said Trump's going to win. In the third week of September, I say He's gonna win. I said, I could tell that from being in a prison. I was teaching Civics there and my students, young African American and Hispanic men in jail under mass incarceration for non violent drug dealing on these ghost drugs are there were ten and fifteen and twenty five year sentences, are sitting there talking about their families, and they, to a person, hated the Democratic Party, hated the Democratic Party. So the Democrat Party has lied to us. The Democrat Party has misled us. The Democratic Party has destroyed our families and destroyed the basic economics right because they're globalists. It was incredibly powerful and that's what President Trump was represents. So when you get this, I'm trying to tell Bill Maher the other night, when he handed me the Constitution, I said, look in the unitary theory the executive that Trump is the chief executive officer. He is the commander in chief of the Armed Forces. He is the chief law enforcement officer of the United States government. That's laid out an Article two. And it couldn't be planner. And we have one hundred and fifty lawsuits in what the Supreme Court. This whole thing started to try to come between President Trump his duties and responsibilities as the commander in chief of the Armed Forces. Now, Stephen A. Smith, let me posit to you that if if you ever I would got serious about this and actually ran for President of the United States, and one of the most important powers you have is commander in chief of the Armed Forces, would you ever, and you swear an oath to God to uphold that, would you let to Supreme Court, any judiciary come between you and what you've sworn to high Heaven that you will protecting the constitution of the American people. As being commander in chief, I would such will be no, you would put your you would put your obligation as commander in chief first, and that's what Donald Trump's done.
Speaker 2: But I would put my obligation as commander in chiefs first. Steve Bean into upholding the laws of this nation and what the constitution dictates as well, that would play a role.
Speaker 1: I would have debunked it. I wouldn't shove it aside.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say the hell with all of that, because I took this oath before God. So as a result, me being the commander in chief of this nation ignores the foundational things that this country was founded on and up and is upheld by. I wouldn't do that as a way to, for example, talk about the terrorists. For example, I'm just switching gears just to make my point. We're talking about the terrorists for a second. I don't disagree with Donald Trump about we need to fight China and that we've been hosed and we've been taking advantage of. But I did disagree with how he went about it because I felt he was alienating a bunch of allies when in fact, the target was China, So go after China. By going after everybody, you're turning allies against us, potentially turning them into allies for China potentially, And that was something that concerned me. I'm only making that point to say, you can agree with something or you can disagree with something, but under the tenets of the laws that govern our society, as long as you play by those rules, we're all safe because you're not scaring the living hell after the American people.
Speaker 1: You guys don't seem to do that sometimes. And let me say this to you.
Speaker 2: You brought up African Americans and Hispanics when you were talking about, you know, a voting block that Trump has actually gained ground in. And I said to myself, I know you're not bringing that up because you know I'm gonna bring up Project twenty twenty five, right, you know I'm going to bring that up, and I'm going to wonder your feelings about that, how supportive you are of that, and what kind of debilitating effect you think would have on African Americans and minorities in this country if everything about twenty twenty five Project twenty twenty five was embraced, what.
Speaker 3: Do you say to that, well, first of everything about Project twenty twenty five. And I've got my Project twenty twenty five mug right here in front of you. I'm drinking my war Path coffee out of the Project twenty twenty five. Look, here's when President Trump went back tomorrow lago, right when the election was stolen and he was thinking through about running in there's really dark months of January February March of twenty twenty one. Two things happened. One was there we started the precinct strategy, which was takeover the Republican Party at the grassroots by individual activists, working class people and middle class people that had no political power, had never been engaged in processes before. That was the political aspect of it. The intellectual, the intellectual part of it was that we know we needed if we came back, not to have happened what happened in sixteen. In sixteen, we came from behind. We had very little time for transition. We didn't have a deep bench of people, so we needed a number of years to think through both policies and work through cadres that were working together. That's where you had America First Policy Institute under Brooks Rollins, whose Secretary of Agriculture, had America First Law Institute under Stephen Miller, who's really the head of policy in the White House. You had a Conservative of CPI under Meadows and Dement. You had the O and B Director, had craa Center for Renewing America, RUSS Vote, which had Mark Paoletta and Jeff Clark. All these luminaries in the Trump second term had these think tanks. The Heritage Organization stepped in and kind of did an umbrella group to do it. Of course, President Trump, all of those policies are not President Trump's policies. There's various alternatives. The key to Project twenty twenty five. I think if you look at it is America First national security, to really think about what it's in the best interests of the United States inner citizens, and kind of economic populism, economic nationalism, what you're seeing now and what you dispute as the execution of really the economic war against the Chinese Communist Party. And so I understand there's a lot of debate about how this thing's being executed. But I think if you look at all of those think tanks combined in the policies what we call days of thunder or flooding the zone that every day President Trump is doing seven eight, nine, ten, executive orders, executive actions, having heads of state come in, He's doing press availabilities. No one's ever seen a presidency like this. This is this is like FDR doing a fireside chat every day, live and disintermediating the media. So the cameras are right there and he's taking questions and answers. Why signing executive orders? Why taking executive action? This is why this presidency is so powerful. It has so much momentum. But that momentum was four years in the making to do this. And that's why Project twenty twenty five and all of the possible President Trump doesn't agree with them all. He's going to pick and choose which one he does. Believe it, and you're seeing it right now in his executive orders and particularly and when you see this Rob Prochman, he's trying to work with Russia to pull him away from the Chinese Counties Party Orbit, the piece he's trying to bring in the Middle East and in Ukraine, what he's trying to do with the Persians to make sure that we have a negotiated deal and not a bombing run over their nuclear facilities, and most important, the tariffs and the reorganization of the world's commercial relationships, putting America first and most importantly American citizens first. And this is why African Americans and Hispanics are going to come to our cause, because we're putting their economic interests first. We're not putting the easy money overlords on Wall Street, are the global corporates, CEOs are the apartheid state of Silicon Valley in these oligarchs. We're putting their interests first. That's why people are rallying to our cause.
Speaker 2: See, I think what you're saying, it sounds great. Here's the problem. Example, the whole DEI issue. I don't know if you heard what my opposition to the administration was on that issue. So i'll tell it to you right now. When people thought about diversity, equity, and inclusion, the words that I use was let DEI stand for didn't earn it. I could say the same thing about Pete haig Seth. Now, I'm not denigrating him in any way. He served this country's He's a damn good host on Fox News. I'm not trying to throw any shade on in whatsoever Steve Bennett. I'm simply saying, to go from the host of a weekend show on Fox News to being the Secretary of Defense for the United States of America, overseeing three and a half million people, I think that's a bit of a stretch. So when they talked about DEI and it always seemed.
Speaker 3: To touch hand, hang hand, hand your please have been at you today. You have been a sports commentator and a journalist and a sports reporter, et cetera. And it's not beyond the bounds of reason. Donald Trump was a was a real estate developer and a t had no government experience at all, no military experience. It is not beyond the bounds of you know, probabilities that you could be the Democratic nominee for president Ied States, and you could be the president I States, if not in twenty twenty eight, because it'll be Trump sometime in the future. So that Pete Texas didn't go by. We're living in an ERAa. You don't have to check the box. You don't have to go be a mayor and a governor and then you're eligible in president ied states. In fact, I would say the exact OPA clearly Now if you look at all these governors in the Democratic Party, I think they're a disadvantage to people that actually have common sense, business sense, courage, conviction and authenticity. And so I think putting something about people's further, you know, previous like Tulci Gabbert, Taulci Gabritt never had a role in intelligences. You're doing an amazing job as d and I. So I think holding that against people is an old way of looking at things.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'm trying to address you, because I'm not holding it against them. I'm saying what people were saying about.
Speaker 1: DEI, that's what was being done to other people.
Speaker 2: In other words, you've got diversity, equity, and inclusion, and it automatically assume that if you are a minority, that's why you got that job. And ultimately we've got to eradicate that that stuff as opposed to looking at your potential, the fact that there were roadblocks and impediment to your eventual success and we had to overcome those things.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to throw any shade on Tosti Gavin except anything I was just saying.
Speaker 1: By people's definition of it.
Speaker 2: The nerve of some folks to come and to look at something like DEI and not to and not take into consideration why.
Speaker 1: The necessity for it existed to begin with.
Speaker 2: Similar to me covering sports, you got a Rooney rule, you got to interview minority candidates because owners weren't giving them interviews.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you.
Speaker 2: Have civil rights legislation, why because there were so many impediments to the success or to the u upliftment of minority communities in this country. We don't seem to be taken into account the road block and the impediments to the American citizens success that really provoked these policies being put in a place to begin with. And I don't have a Steve Banning and his ILK talking about that.
Speaker 1: That's my issue.
Speaker 3: You talk, you hear about us talking about all the time. We've done the most outrug from day one to say we're going to be a multi ethnic, multi party and this is the way we build a coalition. This is why in the Rio Grande Valley, now you know Star County, Texas, which is the most Hispanic, it's a hard bitten county. Done in the Riar Grand Valley in South Texas, the most Hispanic community in the country, County country, ninety seven percent. We lost Hillary Clinton by sixty points in twenty sixteen. President Trump won by sixteen points in twenty twenty four. Hispanics and African Americans are hearing our message of economic freedom, right, of putting America first, and of putting American citizens first. And we talk about the hard dollars and cents of bringing back manufacturing jobs and making those jobs available for everybody. This is the reason that the African American community the biggest critics of the Democratic Party, of the African American community. They have realized that they've been lied to by big city politicians, by the Democratic machine. They've been taken advantage of. Look at the at the the little headway they've made in these urban areas because Democratic politicians have been leeching off them for generation after generation after generation. And they're finally said, hey, keep saying that we might we may not love Trump, we may not love everything Trump stands for, but we love the fact that Trump's going to give us a fair shot. DEEI, by the way, EI to me was a cultural Marxist endeavor and would have never done for the African American and Hispanic community. What economic freedom is going to do for them? All?
Speaker 2: Right, everybody, listen up with all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day, The Stephen A. Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage.
Speaker 1: Of it all.
Speaker 2: That's why we've partnered with the Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports.
Speaker 1: The app is really easy to use.
Speaker 2: To make a lineup, ail you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players Luka, Doncic, Jimmy Butler, and Zach Lavine all in the same entry, then sit.
Speaker 1: Back and watch. The list is absolutely endless.
Speaker 2: You can play Prospects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 1: Wanna lose, You'll get fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Just use promo code says and download Prospects right now again, download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: Prospects run your game.
Speaker 2: So you're saying eradicating DEI is actually putting minority interest first.
Speaker 1: Is that your position?
Speaker 3: Yes, radicaateing DEI and getting back to a level playing field. Here's what you want to do. You want to make it. You want to get Hispanics and African Americans a shot, take a shot at the apartheid oligarchs created by the Democratic Party because that's where the money is. In Silicon Valley, we have melonrech schools have been turned over to the STEM program. And why do we not have American hang on because they can't get into the engineering schools of computer science? Engineering? Why has nothing to do with IQ, has nothing to do with achievement, has nothing to do with native intelligence, has nothing to do with their drive, their grit and determination. It's a simple factor. Was before I went to Harvard, I went to a Land Grant university, and the engineering schools in the my Land Grant University is I don't know, seventy five or eighty percent South Asian and Chinese. Why because their governments pay full freight on tuition and the African American and Hispanics of my state still play in state tuition, so they're not there. And then Silicon Valley won't hire them. You know why they're taking HB one visas, which is a scam, and hiring young people coming out of India right at one fit at half the cost and having them, you know, sleep a to a condo in Silicon Valley work as indentured servants and blocking out African American Hispanic familis. If we want to take on the oligar, let's take him on. If the African American community wants real economic freedom, let's talk on Wall Street, Corporate America and a Silicon Valley that has blocked them and has blocked them for their economic interests, DEEI and all these social programs that are going to do it. We take down the oligarchs, and the African American community, particularly young men, understand this that a guy like Trump ain't a politician. He's an armor piercing show. And what he's going to do is Pierce, excuse me, he's not he's not.
Speaker 1: He's not a politician. He's not.
Speaker 2: By I got you and by the way, Steve Bennett, I got to tell you something right now. I think you've got me a little twisted, my man. Let me tell you something right now.
Speaker 1: I ain't hit it. I'm not hit to.
Speaker 2: Defend the Democrats. Let's stop that right now. Let me eradicate that thought right now. So most of what you said I totally get you, and it definitely there's a been tremendous damage done by the Democratic Party, particularly with African Americans in this country.
Speaker 1: I'm sick and.
Speaker 2: Tired of them, Rod, like the Republicans haven't done it.
Speaker 3: They don't want your voice in this thing. And I can't tell you why. I'll give you one data point. One of the first polls done that had your name, because I've been telling people for a while, I said, this guy is authentic, he's he's got convictions, he's tough, He's the type of candidate that the Trump era is gonna see. I think the first poll had you at seven and a half percent. Now you see other polls coming after Democratic or is one percent. I said, Stephen A. Smith getting the treatment, okay, because the last thing they want you are, brother, Hey, the last thing they want is you calling them out. Trust me, they got to They got a closed shop. That closed shop has got people that will line up and support them and support the billionaires that finance them in the credential class of a lot of Ivy league progressives right that run the deal that you see on MSNBC every night, and the last thing they want is a guy like Steven A. Smith coming out and talking truth to power. So I've already seen how you're getting the treatment. How's a guy go from seven and a half percent to one percent? I'll tell you how the poll is rigged? Okay, and you're gonna get more of that treatment because the last that apparatus wants they don't want anybody coming in and intruding on their game.
Speaker 2: But Steve Bennett, fine, I actually agree with what you just said. I said it on Hannity last night. I don't think I thought that was a bunch of bs. I'm near eight percent in the polls, and after being all over the news over the last month, suddenly I'm at one percent. I was born at night, not last night. I saw it that a mile away. No problem there. My issue, however, is this you keep saying them like the Democrats, like the GOP, has been innocent in all of this, all of these years, when we point to a thirty seven trillion dollar debt, when we talked about America not being prioritized in a litany of areas and what have you The things that you've pointed to, You act like it's just been the Dems. It's been the GOP too. What didn't you say, haven't they been?
Speaker 1: I'm guilty.
Speaker 3: I've had a big I've had a bigger beast with the I have a bigger beeth of the Republicans and the Democrats. They've been controlled opposition. The country didn't get in this shape unless you had both parties working it right. You had the you had the neoliberal, neo cons the globalists that set policy, and the Republican Party just went along with. First off, you do understand the Republican Party hates Donald Trump. Now to the degree that we've put MAGA in there, it's fine, But the traditional country club Republicans they hate Maga. They hate everything MAGA stands for. They hate Donald Trump, hate, pure hate. This is why when the election was stolen twenty twenty, no establishment Republicans stood up for him. When he went back to Marlago, Fox did not, and Brother Hannity, they did not have Trump on Live. I think for almost two years they were afraid he was going to talk about the stolen election. Everything had to be. You know, they would take their rallies later, or they would do pre recorded interviews. The Murdochs were all in for the governor of Florida, and for Nicki Haley, right, and for Rod DeSantis' entire crowd, Glenn Youngkin, everybody but Trump Trump.
Speaker 2: You mean the same network they had to spend seven hundred and eighty eighty seven million for the dominion voting thing. You mean that network, That's what you're saying. They were all in for somebody other than.
Speaker 3: Trump, somebody other than Trump one hundred percent. They didn't really put up any fight on the they did. They put a very little fight in going after the stealing of the campaign, very little fight. And when Domini came up after Murdoch was deposed and you saw that he, let's say this, he's lost his fastball. They didn't want They didn't want him in a court, in open court and getting eviscerated. That's where they settled for this huge number and essentially kicked Trump to the curve and the Trump movement to the curve. They tried to basically drive Ers Ronda Sanders on a town hall every other night on Fox in twenty one twenty one, twenty twenty one. In twenty twenty two, President Trump was basically boycotted by Fox for any real coverage.
Speaker 2: Steve Bannon let me, I'd be remiss and neglecting to bring this up, because obviously you have a very influential voice in this country. A lot of people look at you, a lot of people trusted what you have to say, So let's just get right to it. In twenty twenty two, you were found guilty of contempt of Congress after refusing to comply with the subpoena to appear to hearing of the United States House Select Committee on January's on the January sixth attack, and served a short prison sentence in twenty twenty four, When you look at your track record, okay, and what you've been, what you've had to endure, okay, recently reaching a plea agreement. Why should people trust what you have to say on this particular subject that they can do follow your lead and everything will be all right. Why should they trust you?
Speaker 3: Steve Bennet, By the way, I'm proud I went to prison. I went to prison as a political prisoner. I went I went to Danburry prisonban around one hundred years. I think I'm the only misdemeanor in the history of Danbury. It was I am proud to go and I didn't go to a camp. Danbury is an old school prison, quite dangerous, and one of the reasons is dangerous because the mass incarceration of young African American Hispanic young men on these on these Rico chargers conspiracy to distribute drugs, which they get ten, fifteen, twenty twenty five years in a small place like Danbury, and they can't handle the time. And what they do is they turn to these drugs called K two and others, and that turns you know, that totally flips them. These prisons are very dangerous. They're very overcrowded. I was proud to go to prison. I was proud to be an inmate, and the reason was I would do it again. The people that sent me to prison, Nancy Pelosi and the committee, Stephen A. Smith, they went and begged Biden. He didn't want to do it. They went on their bellies and begged Biden for blanket pardons that have never been done in the history of this country. Blanket, undefined pardons. It's never been done. All the committee got them and all the staff got them, and then why was that because the whole thing was a lying sham at the beginning, I stood up for the Constitution on separation of powers and also for the president to be able to talk to people and keep that confidential right on two purposes, I said, and I told my lawyers, let's just go all the way and try to do it. If they find me guilty in a rig trial in Washington, d c. With perjured testimony from a person who took a pardon, Okay, I'll do it. I don't care if I go to prison. I go to prison. I'm prepare to put it all forward here. People understand. That's where they come to my show. I don't care, and I tell people, hey, if they steal it again, we're going to go back to prison. I keep saying if they win the midterm elections. In the midterm, which traditionally kind of flips back and forth, if Hakeem Jeffries, who will raise two billion dollars if he wins become Speaker of the House, Because this is going to come down to after we lost the seats in Wisconsin on the Supreme Court ruling, It's going to come down to California and New York, and if we lose those seats, the first action Keem Jeffrey's going to say is in panel, just like Pelosi did, going to have panel a impeachment committee and impeached prisident. Trump will go right back to it. And if they steal twenty twenty eight, the first thing they're going to demand is they're going to have all kinds of lawfare again, just like the Justice Department had after us, and go AFTERS again. And Hey, if I go to go to prison again, I'll go to prison. I don't give a damn. I'm not going to back off one second. And I think that's why people come to the show, because they realize, Hey, this guy puts it all on the line. He's not afraid of these guys. There's nothing I'm seventy one years they me in prison. I'm seventy. I don't give a damn. They gonna put me in prison the rest of my life. I'm not going to shut up and I'm not going to stop fighting for my country.
Speaker 2: You talked about being proud of you, proud of the pleat deal you you reached when you admitted to.
Speaker 3: First off, first think about it. They spent seven years, millions of dollars. They basically had to rewrite the constitution of New York to come after me again. They said I stole twenty two million dollars. At the end it was about fifty to seventy five thousand dollars. I paid a legless, one armed veteran, okay, so that he could work right on something for me. And when they did the deal is because they couldn't get a conviction. Okay, we couldn't get totally quitto. Why because they went to Manhattan. They went to Manhattan and got the same type of Manhattan jury they got against Trump. Right, these things are totally rigged. They signed Steve. The thing I signed, by the way, had had no penalty, no fine, no public service nothing. The judge actually the SIGNIAT says, hey, I've been doing this a long time. I've never seen a deal like this. They realized that I could fight this thing and still get hung jury's but they told me we're gonna come after you and after you and after you. So I said, okay, fine, let's do it. I am proud one of the protest things I've done, including the Navy and working for Trump and doing the show is building that wall in El Paso, Texas. If you saw the movie Sacario, you know how bad roar as it is. And what happened well that we built the wall right there to stop the cartels from trafficking women across it. I am so proud of that wall and the people. They couldn't find a witness ever to come forward to say what Bannon these guys did was wrong. So yes, I wear that with pride to They've come after me, to bankrupt me, to put me in prison. I cannot be defeated. And you know why I don't quit. If you don't quit, you will beat them because eventually they will fold.
Speaker 1: Are you a nationalist?
Speaker 3: Yes? Absolutely, nationalists we're living in Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: That's why I was gonna add to that. I mean some people, and I didn't want. I didn't want to say that. Some people have looked at it. They say Steve Bennett and they say white national I said, no, I'm not going to do that to him. I'm going to ask him the word nationalist, and I want him to describe himself as what he believes he is.
Speaker 1: So you say an.
Speaker 2: Economic nationalist, what exactly does that mean in this world of globalization where everybody's doing business with one another, and if you're on the outside looking in, it can compromise an economy in a lot of people's size, stephen A.
Speaker 3: Stephen A, it's putting the country first and putting the citizens firstus. What's this economic war as you described at the beginning of the show, about China and about terroriffts and about non tariff barriers, bringing back manufactured the five million manufacturing jobs that we lost over the last twenty or thirty years to China. To bring those manufacturing jobs back. Remember New York City, Your city used to be a manufacturing powerhouse. And people say today, well, it can't be. That's not the second law of thermodynamics. There's no natural property that says manufacturing jobs can't be here in the United States. That's all done by human decisions, particularly by globalists, which is very simple. The capital wants to follow where the cheap labor is, and the cheap labor is the La Baijing of China, the working man and woman of China, what they call Old hundred names. They work for essentially slave labor wages and slave labor conditions and filthy environments because the Chinese Communist Party doesn't care. And more importantly, the lords of easy money on Wall Street don't care. The global corporations in the C suite don't care. In the apartheid state of Silicon Valley don't care. They don't care howpens those people, just like they don't care what happens to the working class, in the middle class in this country, whether you're black, White, Asian, what you're ethnically, what you're religion, they do not care. What they cares about their money and their power, and they got a rig system to keep control. If you want to throw those chains off, you have to be an economic nationalist. And I'm proud of that. And here's what I'm most proud of, the sea coming together, the diverse crew we're putting together to have a nineteen thirty two type realignment. And I see Bernie Sanders in AOC running around the country drawing huge crowds. Those people are thirsting for an answer. The Democratic Party abandoned working class people because they abandoned the policies that would bring jobs back. And you see Bernie Sanders AOC, Well, what did the GOP do talking about?
Speaker 1: What did you because you separate, you separate nothing. You separate, you separate Trump from the GOP. That's why I'm asking now you feel about the DAMS. How do you feel about the GOP.
Speaker 3: The GOP did nothing. The GOP is the same neoliberal neocons invade everywhere and have huge tax cuts for the wealthy. This is what Trump brought to the table. This is in fourteen. When I see Trump there, he's against all these other GOP politicians. He talked in another nomenclature, he talked in another vernacular. People leaned forward. This is not the traditional thing that's very thin without substance. Trump was talking about substance and he wasn't a he's not a polished politician. He wasn't a politician at all. But people leaned into it. And that's the populism that we have brought to the Republican Party and took over the Republican Party. But I will tell you most elected officials behind closed doors are not pro Trump and they're certainly not pro our policies. This is why heads have exploited the last couple of days, including your good buddy Sean Hanny, who's head blown up the most about we are going to raise taxes on the wealthy. The tax bill that's there is being worked on right now, does not extend the tax cuts to the upper bracket. It has a snapback. It goes from thirty seven back to probably forty percent for the upper bracket and maybe even something else for people that are millionaires. And Sean Hannity is having a total meltdown right now because that's not traditional Republican policies. This is what President Trump and this economic populism, this economic nationalism, is brought into the Republican Party. And this is why we have people who are Democrats and independence, including so many young African Americans are listening to Trump finally, because he's talking in a different nomenclature and his policies are different.
Speaker 2: You know what you went off about billionaire Commerce Secretary Howard Lutton. It you called them close to an unmitigated disaster. But some would argue because you don't like him in front of the camera because he doesn't seem to know what the hell he's saying in your eyes half the time. But some would argue it's because Trump's all over the place and as a result, he doesn't know what to say from day to day. It's like it's almost like I need to notice, Steve Bennett, is there anything that Trump does wrong in your eyes? And if it is, what if there is something, tell us what it is. Because you seem to blame the GOP. You're clearly blame the left. You even blame people that he's listening to that he has speaking on his behalf.
Speaker 1: What do you find at fault with Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: In this regard with Howard Ludennek, I am not saying about his job as Commerce Secretary. My point is that we have to be very tight and on point about how we're running this thing out. And I think President Trump to date, because the whole concept of reciprocity and how he's rolled it out in escalatory ladder, which is going up the escalatory ladder against China, I think it's been a pretty much a close run. Thing has been perfect. It has not been perfect because it's quite complicated. But you take what Besson's doing, you take what trade representative of Jamison Grier is doing. You talk about the East Asian countries of Japan and South Korea and Taiwan and Vietnam and throw in India are now stacked up, coming in to make deals like plains at Laguardi on a Friday night. I think it's as close to us as best as a close run thing as we get. Is it absolutely perfect? It's not. But these type of complicated negotiations, just like to the Russians, they're never gonna be perfect, just like Reagan's was not perfect, just like kissingers to bring the Vietnam War to end. We're not perfect. They're not perfect. They're complicated deals with big personalities representing their countries as they should. So I think right now where we're position of this is amazing. Given that the Chinese Communist Party has been running an economic war with US against for decades in the elites on Wall Street, Corporate America, and Silicon Valley, in the political class of Democrats and Republicans have stood by and let them ravage our nation and ravaged the American people, and finally Trump stood up and we're in it now, we're engaged in it.
Speaker 2: You've called Tesla ceo and Doe, and mister Doze himself had Elon Musk, You've called him evil. Is there a new civil war brewing inside of MAGA?
Speaker 3: Yes, the mission it's not a civil war, you do have. Look, let's go back to the nineteen thirty two coalition, right, Remember in nineteen thirty two FDR had Southern clans members in the Democratic Party in the South and basically dominated. He had professors at Harvard, he had Wall Street tycoons, he had ranchers out west. The Democratic Party was a broad coalition that essentially governed this country. Really to Trump came along, even pasted Ronald Reagan, but really till Trump came along, that was for what fifty sixty seventy eighty years. Because they put a broad coalition together, a lot of them hated each other and hated what each other stood for President Trump's putting together coalition. One of the newest aspects of that, Stephen A, is what we call these tech oligarchs, of these tech bros. And they're more libertarian, but they support particularly in putting together a winning coalition. I think over the last couple of weeks they've been a little shocked about what President Trump's done. Particularly Mark Zuckerberg gave him a million dollars but then came into the Oval office as a supplekan every day to say, please, whatever you do, call off this lawsuit, the lawsuit that Trump brought in his first term, but that one of the hidden jewels of the Democratic Party, Lena Kahan, who is FTC, cleaned it up and brought it forward, and she, to me, is one of the best people of that being an economic nationalist and a populist in this country. And the Democratic Party that no Democrat that Kamala Harris and Joe Biden didn't have her back at all. Now Zuckerberg failed. The trials started yesterday. Zuckerberg is going to have to testify. And what are we trying to do. We're trying to break up Facebook, We're trying to break up Meta, We're trying to take on the oligarch. So yes, they're seeing that all the coziness they had with Trump. At the end of the day, look at Elon Musk. Elon Musks financial sponsor is the Chinese Commerce Party, That's who he's in business with Tesla. President Trump could not be dropping bigger hammers. Everybody in the media saying he's gonna let Elon Musk cut so many deals and everything. He's going after Elon Musk chief financial sponsor, and he's actually put a tariff that's gonna have. That's gonna be so prohibitive for Tesla. His board's telling him, hey, dude, you got to come back. You got to stop the Doge thing and you got to come back, and it shouldn't be lost on you. Stephen A. Smith, that Elon musk In Doge is a lot more prominent today than it was a month ago.
Speaker 2: That is true. Can't deny that before I let you get on out of here. And man, I gotta tell you, I disagree with a lot, but you're smart as hell.
Speaker 1: You know what the hell you're telling you. You know what you want to say.
Speaker 2: I give you credit for that, Steve benn and I can't deny it. I gotta ask you this though, based on everything that you've said.
Speaker 1: Essentially, that's what all of.
Speaker 2: This comes down to in terms of twenty twenty eight and Trump getting a third term. You believe the only person that you can rely upon to deliver what your vision and what the magavision is for this country is Donald Trump. You don't believe in anybody else in the GOP. That's what I'm peeling from all of this, Steve Benn In.
Speaker 1: To that you say, what, Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith, I think they're very good people. JD. Van's are a good man. You got so many good people. But for this time and history and what we have to do. Look, it took us forty fifty sixty years to get the country in this place, and the Republican Party had power as much as they didn't have power. This is both parties. God us here. The uniparty got us here. A guy like Trump, a leader, not a politician, is a guy getting is out. And my point is we got to play this handout. We got to play this handout. And yes, that's why I'm a firm believer in spending a lot of time on working through the issues regarding his running for a third term. But I will say, and I think you need to think about this for the nation. The Democratic Party, because I come, I'm a you know, my family were Democrats. We're Kennedy Democrats. My dad you know, FDR, that's when it came up with the Great Depression. FDR was everything my family. You know, to think voting for Nixon was like incomprehensible. It was Ronald Reagan. Eventually the Vietnam War and Ronald Reagan got my family only about a third of it still over fifty percent of the Greater expanded. You know, Bannon clan is still Democrats. So what President Trump, what the Democratic Party needs, because the Democratic Party of our parents and grandparents is gone. A service to the country would be people like yourself in others actually confronting that and getting into the race and actually putting forward common sense, common sense solutions for the nation. Thing. That's the debate on the left that needs to happen. And we're not going to get this thing sorted until until you get a Democratic Party that's back to the roots that it had, a back of actually listening to working class people and not this credential class. Right, the credential class and the billionaires. You can't let the billionaires be the puppet masters. You can't let the credential class kind of run the deal. What it has to do is get back to its roots. And it's not going to get back to its roots unless it's confronted. Look the fights they had for years against the Republican Party. We've had our civil war. We're still having it. You guys have not.
Speaker 1: Steve, I got it. I listen.
Speaker 2: I'll address that in a second. But you're driving me nothing with this when you're bringing up the billionaires. Listen, I know that the Left has been catering to elites, and it was clear they forgot about the working class. Don't get me started with WoT culture, cancel coach, identity, politics, transgender, all of this.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't get me started with that.
Speaker 2: I know that they're at fault for that, But I just saw Trump in that White House just the other day talking to billionaire friends about how much money they made in one day when he went on his truth social account and said this would be a good time to buy. So it ain't like this just the left talking to billionaires. He's doing it all the time. And by the way, isn't he won aren't those his contemporaries? Why are we acting like it's the left talking to the billionaires and forgetting about folks.
Speaker 1: But it can't possibly be him. Now he's Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith, number one, He's the first. When Biden came to office on a stolen election, he had Schumer, he had Pelosi. The Democrats ran the deal. Okay, ran the entire deal. They put up a proposal, a tax proposal that would actually tax the wealthy, tax bionnaires. Brother, it never even got out of committee. They're totally performative, and they're totally phony. The reason is the Bionnaires own the Democratic Party, lock Stock and Berrel. Bernie Sanders runs around the country right now talking about the oligarchy. The oligarchy was created by the Democratic Party. All of those oli guards, all of them were Progressive Democrats until eleven pm each Standard time on the fifth of November, when Maga and President Trump won, and then they had their road to Damascus, their Damascene moment, the reality. Oh, all of a sudden, I think we're Maga. I think we're tech. I think we're tech bros. We really like Trump. Trump has got the biggest of them all, Zuckerberg in court trying to break his empire up right now, show me what every Democrat has done, including the phony Bernie Sanders who wanders around yarmorn. Bernie Sanders had two shots at the Clinton the Clinton mafia, the neoliberal neo Khan apparatus in charge of the Democratic Party. Two shots. He never laid a glove on him. Trump came in out of nowhere and politically ripped her face off and beat her in a general election against all odds. When he was down as much as ten or twelve points. Bernie Sanders is a phony. Bernie Sanders is a weakling. Bernie Sanaders doesn't talk about any fundamental change. And that's because nobody in the Democratic Party until you and a couple other guys come along, men and women come along, challenged the maionnaires that own it.
Speaker 2: I'll definitely challenge them. I ain't got no problems with that. I mean, I'll be on my I'll be right here. Just like you have your own platform, I have mine to challenge them. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to challenge your side either. So let me paint this, let me throw this out there as the last question to you, Steve Bennet, and I really appreciate your time. By the way, thank you so much for giving me your time. And like I said, I owe you. I return the favor anytime you ask. Here's my question to you, in your perfect world, from a policy perspective, a vision of America, how the Blacks how to Latino? Since you alluded to them earlier, how do they fit into this grand makeup of what America should be and may may end up being down the road.
Speaker 1: If your guy, Donald Trump is in office.
Speaker 2: Or anybody else that you support for that matter, I want to give you an opportunity to paint a picture of what America would look like for people other than white men, because we all know. I don't know if you know, I have this thing. When black folks catch a cold, I said, when white folks catch a cold, black folks catch pneumonia, it's always worse for us than it is for folks in white America.
Speaker 1: I always say that.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to be a hypocrite and not say that right here while you're on the airwaves. But if your vision, if you achieved, if this administration and beyond achieved what you want achieved for America, how does America look for the rest of us?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I was raised in the North Side of Richmond, which was a predominantly black section of Richmond, And when everybody ran in the nineteen sixties and ran to the suburbs, my parents we stayed. And the reason was, it doesn't matter if you're black, whatever, you're a neighbor and you see the hard working folks there in that neighborhood, it's very simple. They're American citizens and they get a better deal than everybody else. This country comes first, Her citizens come first. Regardless of your ethnicity, erase your religion, any of it. And right now, that's the vision of Donald Trump to put the country first. And in putting the country first, the American citizens get a preferred deal. Right now, the entire world system is on the shoulders of the working class and middle class in this country. The full faith and credit of the entire system, of the thirty six trillion dollars and one hundred treeion dollars contingent liabilities. It's not the Federal Reserve, it's not the sec it's not the great banks on Wall Street. It's not a handful, you know, the political class. It's the American working class, in the middle class, the full faith in credit, the entire apparatus world security. The two battlegroups in the Red Sea. Right now, there's two carry battlegroups are made up the twenty four thousand sailors. There are working class sons and daughters of American citizens. It's quite simple, put this country first. At the same time, put the citizens first. All they're asking for. The citizens in our country are not asking for a handout. All they wants a piece of the action and it's upon us to deliver that forum if we give them a piece to the action and actually turn a capitalist system that has very few capitalists in it to actually bring them into the capitalist system with ownership of real assets and ownerships of financial assets, and understanding their own country. They don't have to compete against foreign labor and the soil that for generation after generation their families have fought and died for and built these communities. That's the sunlit uplands. Once we deliver that, this country's going to be on the right track. And that's why I support having Trump around as long as possible, because he is an armor piercing shell to the elites that rule this country.
Speaker 2: Two terms, not any more than that set of twenty second Amendment. But I hear you loud and clear. I want to thank you for your time. I really really appreciate it. Can't thank you enough, And I'm extending an invite down the road because we know midterms of coming up and all of that stuff, and I wanted you to know that you're welcome back on I really really appreciate your candor, your thoughtfulness and what. I don't agree with everything. You know that, but I hear where you're coming from. And I thank you for taking time out of your schedule to come on the show for so long.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate thank you for it.
Speaker 3: And you've got a duty to your country, just like Trump knew he had to do to this country. Steve Asmith, thank you for having me on. Look forward to coming back.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, take care, Thank you so much. That's it.
Speaker 2: You heard him, former chief strategist for Donald Trump, still strategizing for him, very very committed to it, no doubt about it. Outspoken as hell, unapologetic about going to prison, unapologetic about supposedly breaking the law, unapologetic about his unwavering support of Donald Trump and what Donald Trump is trying to do, and making it very clear ain't the GOP support. It's Donald Trump. He believes he's a once in a generation kind of figure, and he's not bending one inch on that. Whether you like it or not, you gotta respect the conviction if nothing else. That's really what this comes down to. Is going to get very very very interesting. I just you know, I asked him a question. I just wanted to hear him speak and let him articulate his position to the masters and he certainly did that. He was unapologetic in doing so. It's pretty damn scary to be quite honest with you, when you consider how convicted he is. And he talked about the Magma move, he talked about them being activist.
Speaker 1: He said, we need the GOP. We are who we are. Damn. He wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: He's given me a lot to think about over the weekend, make no mistake about it, and I'm gonna do just that until next time, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Hope that left some food for thought, a lot to think about, a lot to contemplate. Should give the Democratic Party an idea of what the hell they're up against and what they're going to have to do to knock off Donald Trump or anybody else on the GOP. With that man supporting them, Son, they think about the way around the Son, they think about it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I got to get on out of here. I got the NBA playoff action to get back to. I holler at y'all in a few days and tell them peace and love. Everybody, take care and be safe.