Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlan, I'm Jacqueline Novak.
Speaker 2: And this is poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive friends.
Speaker 1: Two untamable intellects. This is our hobby, This is our hell, This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog. Today's topics, loosely speaking, pickling Mania template Katie and j n.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi o him. I just made a macha and I'm drinking. I'll just mug this sweet hab for us that not knowing the name of her, maybe because that, and then we tag it. We'll tag this. Look at this, it has a lammie on it.
Speaker 1: At Bunny.
Speaker 2: It has such a great weight, really so nice, a nice heavy, a heavy special mug.
Speaker 1: Really nice m massage.
Speaker 3: I just took an emergency walk essential massaging the face, and I went down a path I sent you, I sent you someone.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know. Man just went on. Everything released, the muscles released.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, the pain of do you get I just on my walk, just now the wind was blowing and the pain in the ears was so the cold, the cold, the cold blast of wind in the ears. Everyone was walking. I stopped, Oh outside, I had to stop and duck and cover. Yeah, are you serious.
Speaker 1: It's a little.
Speaker 2: Dramatic, but yeah, the cold, the cold hair today it's sub zero and la.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's shocking. Yeah, it's big. Have you left the house today? Of course? I work out every morning. Oh that's right, Studio city. Yeah. And I went into Air one in my pook sweatshirt.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, yeah, what happened? I was like anything. I felt like nothing. I felt like there was a moment where I was convinced someone was like fully aware, and then that moment passed quickly.
Speaker 2: I've been stopped at airwon'.
Speaker 3: Well, you're always recognized. I never am. I true.
Speaker 1: I see that moll top, Okay, I know, and I see the foster. I don't know, I am. I'm a chameleon.
Speaker 3: Okay, I slip into I don't know something that just the people do not see.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I had my Poog water bottle on my walk. That's good. I wondering.
Speaker 2: I saw, you never know who you might be catching?
Speaker 1: I had you never know?
Speaker 2: This is gonna sound. I texted my friend, do you know what rocket money is?
Speaker 1: You know that's familiar? So I heard. So it's like an app.
Speaker 3: A hideous picture of me in airone okay, by the some movies Okay, go on.
Speaker 2: It's an app that you download and it's like maybe five bucks a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can like pick what you pay. I'm like, okay, doing communism, and.
Speaker 2: It like try you link it to all your banks, which instantly I was like, no, no, you know, because it's like you're just I'm just sure if I link into my bank account accounts instantly drained, right. It just feels like how did I not be the case? But I just bravely went forth and I linked the accounts and the ideas that it shows you. It's supposed to help with budgeting, it's supposed to help with instant they go, here are all your subscriptions. Shit, I completely forgot. I was paying seventy dollars a month for fo Boo, which is a one of these streaming services that I once was like I need to watch The Bachelor, and you know, it was like I signed up for a thirty day trial and was like, oh forgot. I mean, it hasn't been a year. Seventy fucking dollars a month. These little rip guitar like me when I was like I want to learn guitar. It's like a guitar, you know, just.
Speaker 1: All these apps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a piano app like that, and swimming app, swim fan, no, swim something something, and it's like where I was like it's on and yeah, I was like swim pro and then like bought and it's so And then I texted exhausting.
Speaker 1: I texted a friend.
Speaker 2: He thought he'd been spammed because I texted him I just.
Speaker 1: Signed up for Rocket Money.
Speaker 2: I just signed up for Rocket Money and I'm already saving money like it automatically is canceled.
Speaker 1: So many my subscriptions own. Hello, yeah, was it your own? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was. It's funny, but it seems like the kind of thing you'd share with him, like I feel something.
Speaker 1: Oh totally.
Speaker 2: It took like an hour and a half, but I but then I I go, wow, look at me saving look at the savings pouring through. Anyway, but today strange mood disorder something the weather who knows has ascended. M M yeah, I'm convinced that a lyft. Yesterday afternoon, I was sailing.
Speaker 3: Probably with loggins. Probably have to final that account information.
Speaker 2: This Oh my god, I mean it's really draining. Change the password like five times today, I refuse to engage with the automated password. It's like, there's nothing more cliche than talking about how hard it is to keep talking your passwords in modern culture, but.
Speaker 1: It truly is the less.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, I retina scan, permanent inflammation.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Do you know I won't just nutting your finger down?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I want. I don't care about the about the implications, the global implications. I just want the retinal scan.
Speaker 3: I don't have to enter in get into your voo boo, yeah instantly. I'm gonna get paid full price for a salary juice this morning, and I begged for two juicers as promised.
Speaker 2: Let's get the free juicers in here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I and I just can barely even bring myself to sell them on why they need to send it.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, would you just do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm like, don't make me sign the press kit. I know it's too hard.
Speaker 1: I'm about to rebag for almond Cow because I realized I'm hemorrhaging eight dollars a week on cashew milk on Elmhurst. You like Elmhurst, Yeah, and so I always think of you. I think I need the almond cow. But the juicer makes nut milk. Stop the court. Yeah, one of the juicers.
Speaker 3: I looked up slow masticating juicer, one of the two brands, at least, either her or the Omega.
Speaker 1: Well, here we go, folks. I'm like, it's like, yeah, send it. So you're gonna get massive energy. Where does it come from?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, because I've blasted myself to a point now with Celsius where I just drink it and I just can go to sleep immediately.
Speaker 1: There's nothing.
Speaker 2: So I feel like Celsius doesn't even work on me anymore or something exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's all the receptors are done. They're gone, They're destroyed.
Speaker 2: Energy comes from sleeping, food, working out tragically yesterday worked out for the first like I just really haven't been worked out yesterday. Energy levels through the roof. I'm Julian julianning vegetables, creating gorgeous Asian inspired helps noodle salad for lunch, making dressings. Energy I haven't had. I haven't had energy for that in.
Speaker 1: Two thousand years. Going back? Is that simple?
Speaker 3: Today I made some cabbage sous wildly chopping cabbage.
Speaker 2: But oh, it became terrified by cutting boards not only for sanitary yes, but the but the toxins. So I bought I bought out of purchase a three piece Carraway cutting board set today because I was like, I need new wooden cutting.
Speaker 1: Boards, okay, free from what doesn't issues?
Speaker 3: What wood doesn't scare you for all the other reasons it being completely porous, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I know, but you can't do plastic because then you die in ten days or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, it's like anti groble, my crob oil wood would my crobal.
Speaker 3: They're like, let me guess, it's like because it always was like, you know, one of those would like, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, at a restaurant, free as ever, yeah, right or right.
Speaker 1: Because they're made of rice.
Speaker 2: I to test boards at restaurants when they present you with wood, and I actually had an experienced recently where somebody served means on a board at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was like, well, this is not good.
Speaker 3: But I just got grossed out for the first time by the board at the the board at the restaurant, like the board, the porous bowl cheeseboard, It's like someone else's layers of this finger, just like striking around on their drag lick dragon lick again. Oh no, vile, I'm thinking about quick pickling.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've been worried about quick pickling for ten years? Or just can I do it?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 1: I gonna tell me, am, I gonna start rhyme. I got a heat something.
Speaker 2: I had a quick pickling mania once where I got it, had a book. I was like, fermentation, That's gonna be my new life, and then got the thing. Oh quickly fermented cabbage, had a flash ferment.
Speaker 1: This exactly left the house, went to go get jars, came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, frozen in place at the sanitization requirement. So I have to put the jar in boiling water. Oh I killed myself. And then what happens if I do this incorrectly. I'm not at cedars, I'm not at a I'm not at a hospital lowering the jars in with sanitized like, So you want to tell me if what some bacteria happens in here, then what stepsist for everyone I've ever met or something?
Speaker 1: I don't understand what the it's way. The steaks feel too high, So.
Speaker 2: I going, We're going to the market. We're getting jarred kroud. I'm getting absolutely, I'm getting market grade dikon.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing this.
Speaker 3: Well privacy of my fermenting anything at home. Yeah, but that's the whole thing. Quick pickling. You heat up vinegar and like pour it over something. It's like just to get the flavor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. That's not where you're getting here with onions. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Or I was like, I chopped up all this cabbage, not really sure what I was planning on doing with it, and then I threw.
Speaker 1: It in a jar. Oh but I was what was I? Oh? But my new belief is routine.
Speaker 3: I mean so literally, it's it inventing the day every day.
Speaker 1: I used to call it.
Speaker 3: I used to call it freedom. Okay, now I know it's existential housing.
Speaker 1: Why not ride along on a series of things that you love and enjoy and nurture.
Speaker 2: Loving and enjoy the thing that's that's if you love and enjoy the routine, that's a whole different.
Speaker 3: But we all know it's like you feel great after you exercise, you don't do it the next day for some reason. Right, we talked, it's like it has to take, it has to become where you're addicted to the habit. Oh you have, but there's there's there's Your body will do it for you if you just do it right. I mean I could slip out the thing that I I anything. I go one day without it. I'm a rover of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Nothing can be.
Speaker 3: There on a Monday, not on a Tuesday, and expect to be there on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: In my life or mother.
Speaker 2: Thing can be there on a Monday, not on a Tuesday, not on a Wednesday, but back on Thursday Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying it can't. It can't survive one day. It's a risk.
Speaker 1: The second risk there can be suffer, not one exception.
Speaker 3: I used to have that on my WHOA. That's times, I know, I know. That's why I put it on my laptop. I was like, I'm done suffering exceptions to my principals. I want to watch a movie from the nineteen nineties tonight. I want to watch a nineties movie.
Speaker 1: What kind? Oh, just the usual action thriller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one to the bank, one fuck bank one. Someone knows who's listening some some financial thriller something that I watched. Maybe I'm saying it's about a bank because there's men in suits in it.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking of the prestige that I told you about magicians? Oh, it's magicians men in suits. Yeah, the real magic bank culture. The real man, the one who's real. Now you see it, you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying the real man was some mature but I don't know. I was following cadence above all, the real man sense for mystery. I uh, I'm just not in my own gym bag. I told you about that. No, you didn't think modular. It's coming. It has to happen, It's it's over.
Speaker 1: I need it.
Speaker 3: I'm building my own and then people are gonna see it, They're gonna want it. Wow, and so well, it really depends upon your particular needs. Like a lot of these gym bags have a shoe trough.
Speaker 1: It's not enough.
Speaker 3: One shoe trough. That's not like, that's not covering my needs. I need something that my sweaty unitar that's not even sweaty. It's completely soaked, completely soaked through.
Speaker 1: Where's that going the way home? Right now? It goes into a plastic bag that goes in my other bag? Hm? Is that what I want? Do? I want it? A mess thing? On the side.
Speaker 3: So I it dries out at home, and it doesn't sink when it dries out, because sweat isn't the problem. Were well, currently I throw it over the banister, yeah, or I dry it outside, let the let the courtyard cat look after it, okay, Yeah, and then it goes in the hamper after it's dried.
Speaker 1: Got it. But I'm telling you it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it doesn't smell fresh, but nothing fucked up happens to it if it dries. True, sweat doesn't have an odor.
Speaker 1: Bacteria does. That's why bo develops. It's the bacteria that's fucking disgusting.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Neosporing under the pits, now, that's the only way to start fresh?
Speaker 2: Really well, I mean in opiate who put a call out to all hag scoage doctors. I've heard about this spray neosporn on your under your arms?
Speaker 1: You have? Yeah for me? Right? Was it you? I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't say you do it every day.
Speaker 3: I'm saying like someone's like it feels like they've quote got boh, Okay, you could knock it out and start clean, start fresh. I'm curious, Wait a second, is that Catbird. How'd you know because one's coming for me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's gorgeous. Jenny Slate hasn't has a line for Catbird.
Speaker 1: Yes, a collab and she.
Speaker 2: She very kindly gifted us some of these necklaces and are absolutely stunning, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to have mine. Then they can be friendship. I know.
Speaker 3: Shit, I should have gotten your name on it. If you're engraved, Yeah, your own initials, don't tell me?
Speaker 1: Oh really? Yeah, you went for your nickname. I know I didn't nickname.
Speaker 2: And then I thought of all the fun things you could have. You could get it engraved with, like jacking off, yeah, exactly, or five characters.
Speaker 1: It was like five characters would you do? Okay, what'd you do? J N Yeah.
Speaker 3: I panicked with indecision and I decided to just just just fucking do it.
Speaker 1: I just said no, I know. I was like, I could deliver rate forever on that. Yeah, get very overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, at one of our poop live shows, Yeah, there was a stem cell biologist woman, yes, and we got her name or something at the time, or we told her to email us or something.
Speaker 1: And I believe our editor has it.
Speaker 3: We aren't gonna be reaching out, okay, and if any there and yes, I'll accept emails from other stem cells. But I want my own HAG serum stem cell HAG serum.
Speaker 1: I want it now. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about the other night, going, I just need my own. I need my own, you know, your own stem Yeah. And I don't know I want that going.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just like I was like, fuck, we missed a chance with that stem cell biologists.
Speaker 1: We met.
Speaker 3: Never too late for stem I mean, wouldn't people love, sorry, what they would just having a gorgeous bottle of something quality?
Speaker 1: Oh, of course from all will.
Speaker 2: Be launching their products inevitably.
Speaker 1: God, it's gonna all change. I watched Killing Eve. You know, I never watched it.
Speaker 2: This happens yet you hear about to show it started to night.
Speaker 1: You hear about this, everyone goes, oh Killing Eve?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why does that create a certain resistance? Right the movie?
Speaker 2: Everyone loves the thing people love, and then it just it becomes another chore, It becomes another responsibility that you have to that you have to take on. And and then I was, of course on a plane. Classic play is great to do something that you can't do on Earth. I was absolutely gripped episode one and did Boom Wors two, Boom worsa, Boom Wears on all fours, barking like Seal, loving it, and then came home signed up for a seven day AMC trial add onto Amazon, which I since canceled and completely you canceled it because I finished the full season. I finished the full season and probably two sit downs. Interesting, you have to start it tonight. It just is outrageously entertaining. And while Don and Jody Coomer, oh yeah, she's the real deal, folks, after I go, excuse me finding out she was like twenty five or something insane when they shot it younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, that's fucking cool. Here I am showing.
Speaker 2: About how great a television show is that everyone already loves. On my podcast, I'm in a mood.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, why one hour less of sleep last night? I mean, could that really be it?
Speaker 2: I was thinking, I was like, you know, it's going to turn my mood around a cocktail and I was like, oh, yeah, I know I can talk because I truly not to brag, don't struggle with substance dependence. Yeah, so then I feel really free to be like of course, I mean it sprits, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not like it's not like if you it's like, yeah, that's why you have a cocktail. Like it's like you get the because you can get the good feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're able to have it not ruin your life.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I'm so it's like God bless it is so yeah. I mean if you're able to have the good feeling and I'll have to ruin your life.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like then you're gonna take it. Yeah, yeah, you'd be insane not to. Although glucos Goddess's interesting. She's like it's kind of she's like she's like when people are like.
Speaker 1: Which which alcohol? You know, I'm not going to get trashed, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Like blood sugar, you know, it's like and she and she's like, I'm not going to give you the like which alcohol is.
Speaker 1: The you know, like it's a poison, to be clear, Like it is poison.
Speaker 3: And when you're eating much like dessert or whatever, like you're eating, like when you're doing it for pleasure, then you're doing it for pleasure and joy, you know. Whatever me paraphrasing the glucose goddess. I mean, honestly, that's fine. What if I become, That's fine. All I'm interested in is massaging my face. Okay, that's what I want to do with my life. Okay, okay, least getting in bed. I go watch a little bit of this. I sent you her video because like, people are completely consumed with telling her that she got blepharoplasty or whatever.
Speaker 1: Wait you mean the beauty shaman, No, the other one.
Speaker 3: I sent you Anastasia Fashion beauty or whatever that served me, and I was like, and like her account, a huge part of her account is just being like when people say it was weight lash or you got surgery, or it's botox, you know, and I'm like, actually, I studied for six years with this guy and this guy and this guy, okay.
Speaker 2: And now my face is massage.
Speaker 3: Well, just like her face is different, completely different. I mean, I was worried when I sent it to you. You just thought I was sending you an arbitra. Yeah it might not have been six years, okay, but but five minutes. But she just very much changed, you know, stuff about her face that dumn It looks completely different and that's cool, and so people are people are getting on it, but like I just I don't know. And last night I was like, I want to watch a little I want to go on I know, like go and go on Instagram and go to her account and watch a few videos.
Speaker 1: And like and I don't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even doing the uh like the massages because my hands hold on my phone.
Speaker 1: Right right right.
Speaker 3: It's just the I've fallen to get back in not using your goddamn mits. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the myths you can also awaken with.
Speaker 3: Well, they're like She's like, there's like the ones that are literally supposed to be just the light touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, light touch under the heart. For me, that is true.
Speaker 1: Friday at four ten is a got it, thank you haunted hour.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is good. Friday at four ten, Yeah, that is last night. I was looking at the unbelievable sunset, right beautiful out Yeah, I'm looking at it, and I'm opening my computer screen to watch Killing Eve. Yeah, and it was kind of this that moment of decision, Okay, what do I do? Go outside and take in the natural beauty? And then I convinced myself, like it's okay, you're appreciating it. You're choosing instead to draw the blinds and open the screen. But there's something about there's nothing more haunting than a beautiful day. It's like like here I am like looking outside and like, but I went. I forced myself out for the walk, but it didn't take. That's what's scary, because it's very often that's my scary because very often I want to say ten times, you go, I'm going on the walk, you got you go in twenty minutes, yeskand god I did this.
Speaker 1: And that yeah didn't take. When it When it doesn't take, that was hard.
Speaker 3: That's like you're like, this is not the evidence I need for next time.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to motivate a thing.
Speaker 3: We all remember several times trying the thing and not doing much.
Speaker 1: I mean. And then a great line.
Speaker 2: I was listening to young and this Young in Life and there was a little throwaway line. I'm like, well that was good where it goes Yeah, Well young said I just want to notice what is and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, bitch. And then I go, I need to go deeper.
Speaker 2: And then I was like I need to take adult education. I was like, I need to get certified in Jungian analysis. Yeah, not with any desire to actually become an analyst, but for my own I mean, where's the education I could.
Speaker 3: Have been in school today, you could also become You don't have to just rough about the how to manage the client. I mean that I need the institution. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to go.
Speaker 1: There's a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm hackling on email with my Youngian analyst about my fee or you serious? Yeah?
Speaker 1: A little bit? Did did she up it? She invoiced me a little I go, I go, I don't think this is our fee, honey, I think you're adding a couple a couple of zeros. And what she say she hasn't gotten mac. It's a clerical issue. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, huge question budgeting. What are you learning from Rocket money?
Speaker 1: Well it's only been the first day.
Speaker 3: Budget mean to you, because budget is budget is A farmer in a land of hunters. So I'm saying I was reading more Hunter at the ad D Hunter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, wait what is it again? Farmer and land of hunters? Oh yeah, no, no, no, a hunter farmers. Still confused, But yeah, I think I think for me it's so obvious. Well, this is the whole thing. My life's changing, right, so this week could go, life's changing. I go cooking at home. I've been going and by the way, I'm never gonna not eat out all right, Yeah, and even just went, you know what a little depressing today four o'clock. I'm going going out tonight. That's final. Okay, need a hemorrhage a little.
Speaker 1: Cash, but on dinner specifically, not.
Speaker 2: Even I just want just go to a restaurant. But this week I was like getting back into food. I go, I'm gonna become a farmer's market person. Yeah, the whole thing. I'm gonna go to the farmer's market. I'm gonna be meal prepping, right, I'm gonna be prepping veggies so I can quickly assemble beautiful grain bowls in my home. Right, And I do think I do. I'm still convinced it's happening. I can't go to the farmer's market this week, but next week, I swear to God.
Speaker 3: Now I get overwhelmed at the farmer's market. Specific. Okay, so I've been food prepping up a storm. Okay, that's not true. I rice cauliflower, and I rice broccoli, and then I sort of accidentally riceed cabbage.
Speaker 1: Okay, but put it.
Speaker 3: Into a and now I put it into the carroway of things, which are like the nicest thing I own.
Speaker 1: I still wait then, and then what else? Oh?
Speaker 3: I did a little light prepping of dress and mushrooms so they'd be ready to go tossing.
Speaker 2: In dressings rbs. Return to return to herbs. That's the headline of this week for me, a return to herbs.
Speaker 1: Personally.
Speaker 2: Cilantro chopped up the key to health herbs with the key to health.
Speaker 1: By the way, salary health is an herb. Are you serious?
Speaker 3: It's not a vegetables too well, you know whatever. Okay, but about salary.
Speaker 1: Again, I was juicing celary every morning for weeks, so yeah, no, you don't get the benefits to do it.
Speaker 3: The way I was thinking about to say, because you were like it's untenable. You're like, it's untenable, And I was like, I thought you meant like, at first when you texted me about the salary juice morning untenable, like philosophically, it's untenable, like it does not hold, it does not hold. But then I realized you actually meant more like it's unsustainable.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm like. I mean, I don't mean to use the wrong word. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what I meant was that it's just that kind of And this is where I get into trouble, right, is the like religious commitment to a new habit that's going to change everything. And then it falls apart day four and then I plunge into despair. So it's like I can't so for a couple of days, the salary religion was I was flying high and I was going, I look at this color, okay, drinking it with my partner. They're into it. We're having fun. Look at us with our salary.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all remember leven drink and eleven drinks going away. It's not going okay.
Speaker 3: It's all so okay, flying high the honeymoon period, right that we believe in here right shall continue. I refuse to give up the joy of the new, of the novel of the honeymoon. Right. So I think it's just got to be cyclical, where you know, let's say we have ten things that we are like this is the secret, okay, and we rotate them so it's like February, we get excited about celery juice again, and we go for it and it falls away, and that's okay. Falls You know, it was lemon drink the whole time. We do lemon drink until it falls away, and then we do the next one. And then over the course of a life, you're getting a lot of celery.
Speaker 1: You're getting a lot of lemon. Okay. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that we need cyclical. We fall off guashall we return to guash. I like that washaw more than the average.
Speaker 1: We know. Perfect is the enemy of good, never forget it.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that yesterday or two days ago. I was in my kitchen. I remember where I was, okay, and I remember walking. I remember the direction I was facing when I thought good is the enemy. When I thought, I go, perfect is the anime good? I go, but good, it's not good enough. And then I go perfect the enemy is great.
Speaker 1: That's true too, And so I that's what I'm saying front of myself now, perfectly a great because great's good? Yeah.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the word great? Great versus good. Let's just feel those for a second.
Speaker 1: M hm, great, it's a little rude. Good.
Speaker 2: I say great, right, I say great more, but I think philosophically I'm more aligned with good. Yeah, but aesthetically great hit something for me?
Speaker 3: Well great, And maybe it's just the royal associations. Yeah, but like sort of you know.
Speaker 2: Do you say great? I say great a lot? I feel context great.
Speaker 1: See they're great.
Speaker 2: Someone want said to me, don't say that to me or something like oh serious, it's not like that, but like no, fully but kind of like don't It's like what never got over it? Clearly I don't get it. Years later I brought it up to them, never spoke of it. I don't and it could have been a total misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: Great were you?
Speaker 3: Like it was it was like you know what I mean, Breakfast and Brett and what was? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You cut off, like how's that know? Like how's that?
Speaker 1: Did sure? Meet there? Great? Like I don't say great or something I don't know. And it was on text.
Speaker 2: It was on text, But honestly I can't get into I think started advice start. I think they if I start doing the forensics on that dynamic.
Speaker 1: I think they were trying to be funny.
Speaker 2: I don't, but who knows the things will never.
Speaker 3: Know you name them.
Speaker 1: That's a last.
Speaker 2: Purity vodka dropped off some vodka.
Speaker 3: Some beautiful bottles, faceted bottles and beautiful bottles.
Speaker 2: That and it's the vodka that jar uses in the Leader martini.
Speaker 3: You heard them, the vodka for the Leagi martini. And they were like, careful with this one, careful.
Speaker 1: With this one. It's like so snaby strength. Yeah, got a drink.
Speaker 2: You're able to detonate bombs for no reason? Yeah, it's I guess the.
Speaker 1: Navy don't what do they do?
Speaker 2: They're out there doing submarine attacks. I don't know. I don't follow charting.
Speaker 1: I mean anything with the ship ship stuff's crazy. Man, So submarines, man, what was the movie?
Speaker 2: There was a documentary, but murder on a submarine. You'll know about this. Well the woman, Yeah, it's fucked up. He went down with her murdered. See, this is what scause. I have seen several murder docs, not as many as you, but kind of the true crime I've seen enough from like oh yeah there was one. It was thrown up on HBO max Oh sure, click it instantly.
Speaker 1: And was true.
Speaker 3: This is I call this getting maxed. Okay, okay, which is so like HBO so it was like Max, you know, like bought like all of HBO's content or whatever. Right, and then like and then it's except every ID network and all that ship, right I think? So like the ID Network is like some of my most beloved trash, right, like the sort of beloved crime trash, like murders. And so you'll be like, you'll be like oceanic, what's this documentary on HBO Max? And then you put it on and you're like for a second, thinking it's elevated.
Speaker 1: It's not elevated. Okay, I got maxed.
Speaker 3: Do you believe when I drop on them that that's the meaning of their brand?
Speaker 1: Hey, guess what? I got a manicure? I haven't gotten one in twos? Can you believe I can? So I did?
Speaker 2: This is this is gonna sound very extravagant, everyone, so hold onto your seats. I had someone come to the house, what which listen?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm mad that I was not included.
Speaker 2: And I kept this like a secret basically because it's so extravagant. But I have to tell you something. The price is not much higher than a fancy manicure in a salon.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's not about the price that you will find extravagant.
Speaker 2: I think she comes in here Anna Russian, she says to me.
Speaker 1: I never had an Anna.
Speaker 2: She says, we ever had a Russian manicure? I go, I don't know what. No, the most have. This manicure has lasted a month, and again, my nails are longer. A friend, yeah, friend as usual, ran into a beautiful successful actress. She said, God, your nails are great. She goes, Oh, you need to go to her. She'll come to you. Go how much, honey? She goes, Yeah, it's not that bad. Right, Well, I'm scared. I'm scared to say it. One hundred books, which, by the way, a manicure is that shocking?
Speaker 1: For a house visit?
Speaker 3: No house, was it?
Speaker 2: By the way, you go to one of these fucking salons. God bless them. Yeah, may they find whatever it is that they need, because my god, right, we all read the articles. So but but you're in there. Yeah, I've been shocked by the bill and this manicure was absolutely astonishing. I mean it was like anyway. So then I go, I'm doing it again. It's been a month later, going to call her up again. God, I want to do Money's not gonna like the sound of this new monthly.
Speaker 1: I used to I was. I had all my things going through mint dot com or whatever.
Speaker 2: I send them at once back in the day.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, and budgeting. Don't love it. Not a fan, Yeah, I don't. I don't find it inspiring approach. I prefer it's now and not now. It's it's it's I spent all the money, oh shit, yea, or or I think I got some, and then there's three states. There's like I think I'm okay, and then there's like, Okay, I've kind of been pushing it and ignoring and not really looking, and I feel like it's it's gone, but maybe it's not. And then I and then like and then like texting, you gotta book some road dates, you know, I know, I know, Okay, Jack, enough on me, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: But listen, yes, sday literally because I was doing all this. Look in the financials, I'm scared or you know whatever, Yeah, I go poo poo poo. We just want to say, now, thank you all to all of you for listening, because you're supporting You're supporting us, and talk about honey, the ground falls out from underneath you.
Speaker 1: Poog is the floor Poog will support. Remember when I said if all we had was the Christmas show? Yeah, yeah, once we can live in a humble We.
Speaker 3: Could live in a humble place together totally. Once you're a couple of shows and just that's our budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chopping a lot of cabins. That makes it sound like like the show it was a lot exactly. It really does does not to be clear, this industry they were.
Speaker 3: Getting Kate and I are paid in Apple each When Granny Smith we're out the door.
Speaker 2: They roll the Granny Smith into the street and go, if you catch it, you can have it, and you have to dodge.
Speaker 3: Like if it's smashed. I hope you enjoy Apple sauce because we're not.
Speaker 1: No. But but every time a hag buy Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm laughing about it because the kind of like thanks frash support sort of model of podcasting and all that kind of stuff, and like creator culture, which by the way, I've gone down a rabbit hole of creative culture where I'm like, we need to sell digital projects now, digital now, digital product templates, templates. Like it's like it's like a template.
Speaker 2: What does that mean selling a template?
Speaker 1: Like I design a template. What that people like print out and putting their journal? You're kidding? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: No, Kate, there is This is why I hoar old, we are literal fools, Kate.
Speaker 2: We gotta get I got to get we we have a brand here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, by the way, help us if anyone here is a marketing genius, oh, wants to come on.
Speaker 1: By the way, you have to have a huge call out, huge credentials.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, enthusiasm will not carry Okay, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Need someone to enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: We need someone who is I need someone who's like, I have sixteen years. I'll take less than that of experience in the field. I don't even know what the field is, but I need someone.
Speaker 1: To educate you know what I want. I don't mean the template right in your journal? Okay.
Speaker 3: Basically, like you know, at any given moment, right there's like this rush of you know, you can make quite a okay with this thing, and you just think your rush and then everyone does it and the market's flooded, and it's there are a couple of people that keep you know that whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay. By the point is I was poking around.
Speaker 3: I started getting served some stuff on Instagram, and I was like, we are wildly undervaluing boog.
Speaker 1: Daddy Gang our cell like take note, okay, like a fucking les. So here's what I want.
Speaker 3: I want someone who understands Alexandra Safe yes, yes, yes, okay, no, I want there are some people I found. I saw a thing. I was like, we're starting an app. Okay, did I text you about that?
Speaker 2: I said, we're saying you texted and I got stressed out because it was like, we're gonna build templates and apps. So we got and I was like, oh no, I can't even know.
Speaker 3: I think what I sent you was like I built out a few models. Okay, but I'm like, I will not die in the dust. I know, okay, when there is when there is nothing but opportunity, and I dare say that our template of a journal print out, okay, like whoa, it's like.
Speaker 2: But what is this the kids are printing out?
Speaker 3: That's just an example okay this, yeah, but also digital templates, everything digital.
Speaker 1: I don't even say, like.
Speaker 4: I'm Silopedia for a dollar, just kind of yeah, oh yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, and or you know, but it's it's not doesn't even to be the template. Okay.
Speaker 2: The same of the week in my life has been asking for help, help us market ingenius.
Speaker 1: Need someone. We'll pay you. I don't know how much, but I'll pay you. We'll figure it out. Yeah, well points points. If we need someone to throw a bucket of cold ice water in our face, wake us up, slap us each across the cheek.
Speaker 3: I'm awake, Okay, I'll slap you, k okay, okay, But what I do want to say is what I do.
Speaker 1: I'm wide awake. Okay.
Speaker 3: I was designing websites for us wildly, as I always do. Okay, I'm always launching, okay, But I'm like, we suffer from having too much. Okay, we have too much offer okay, Okay, if we had nothing, if we had nothing but one line about.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that that would be enough saying okay, we we we are exploding with possibility, and yes it must be high end. It cannot be trash, it will not be trash. Okay, But we need to give the people.
Speaker 2: What tell us what you want, but then actually that's huge, Okay, tell us what you want. For those of you who still listening to the episode two more ones that we need, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What would you pay for? Oh? And that sounds maybe some cross. I don't know. It sounds like we gotta make a living because yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess like I'm like, well, obviously people want hag serum, right, oh yeah, And I still stand by my idea that hag serum one thing is hag zerum, and that formula can change, but there will be because it's got to be the latest and greatest. But then there will be HAG ninety two, HAG ninety three. Like if someone's like, HAG ninety three.
Speaker 1: What do you mean every year? It's different?
Speaker 3: Works for me, then you keep producing it like we update accordingly.
Speaker 1: If you're wrong.
Speaker 2: That was trash, Yeah, exactly. I can't believe the marketing, I said A one in said of Athletic Greens. That's marketing. That's the power of subliminal messaging. I just literally garrated what the ad wanted me to say.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about the brand name AG one? I don't like switch from Athletic Greens. It's the one is sort of like hello, like you know what I mean? Like the one it's a little like I'm.
Speaker 2: Just sending but by the way, I sent you on Instagram because every six months, I wake up in a cold sweat going Brocoli sprouts.
Speaker 1: Brocoli sprouts. This is the kay of health.
Speaker 2: Brocli spreads, anti carcinogen powerful, nutritionally insanely nutrition broccoli broccoli sprouts. And there's a whole thing about cycling them. That you eat a pack of broccoli sprouts like two days a week and then like you live forever or something.
Speaker 1: It's being crazy.
Speaker 3: Sprout organic like broccoli sprout of broccoli. It's going to come in one of those plastic things the sprout likes that you have to eat.
Speaker 1: That I read. Okay, interesting, I know something about Barley, not Barley, to be clear, I know you wouldn't be peddling almost like barley sprouts. It was barley sprouts. Chris gos an Aramon.
Speaker 3: I pointed a box of pasta and it says like wheat one clean and greedy. It just goes, what year, let me get thirteen grain red Like it was like you know what I mean, like when we thought the number of grains.
Speaker 2: But self important were self important people though who have have a jamba juice and they run up to people at Males and they go, how many grams of sugar do you think?
Speaker 1: Is are? They have a frapp They have a caramel machiado in one hand a jama juice on the other, and they go, oh, we asked people, you know, and they and they all said yeah. They couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: They couldn't believe I panicked when I was waiting for a flight the other day and I texted you in a in a hurry, what is your special Starbucks drink? Because I was, Oh my god, I forgot to spawn sliced over this entirely. I'm walking through this very quickly. Gone to a plane, sitting on the plane for two hours. They were like, couldn't figure out me? And it's two hours sitting on the tarmac. They deplain us. They go, okay, so I'm frozen. People are running.
Speaker 1: To get You're alone, right, Yes, they're runs. You get a Starbucks? They're runs like us, Why I'm getting the blow by block.
Speaker 2: I see people coming back with items, and I go a cold drink that would be so refreshing. I gather my strength to go towards the cold drink area. They boarded us. But then we took off and it was fine. But yeah, but the point is I missed. I texted you panicked about what was the espress.
Speaker 3: On drink is fun that I would drink on the tour.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was iced espresso with a pump of sugar free vanilla.
Speaker 1: Wait. I'm not done with the thing though.
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever hags here and we know we know, okay, that's the whole thing, and we will be doing that on the highest level. To be clear, should we do a product, I would love someone if there is someone out.
Speaker 1: There who truly is like.
Speaker 3: The dark devil of algorithm marketing product.
Speaker 1: Just to pour us out.
Speaker 3: I want the darkest, rabid version of if you had nothing like like if you if you were the fucking dumbest bitches in the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Like we can make something so funny us trying to run together.
Speaker 2: It's like the most like garish they can refer.
Speaker 1: On what on the pod? Yes, well it's hysterical.
Speaker 2: Oh god, by the way, people have reach people have reach out trying to help us, and we don't even have the energy to respond. We don't even have the ability. But that's all changes now.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually not that's not actually it. It's for me again, I'll slap you. Okay. It's like, you know, it's I want, Yeah, it's it's I don't I don't know what I'm looking for. But I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I'm backed off it now. I'm afraid, ashamed. I don't know what the question is. I don't question on the answer, but I got excited. The point is I got it. Oh, oh, creator. It all came down. I started when I heard the word creator, the creator, okay, and I was like, I said creator about something, and then I have but.
Speaker 1: I don't remember why I first said it, and then it reminded me. Oh, I went on a rabbit hole. It's interesting. I don't know we need now.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with the term god. Right, people say God, and again that's because of how I was raised. I just I don't have baggage with the word god.
Speaker 1: People go, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Know when people say spirit spirit told me, that actually rubs me the wrong way. And by the way, I say this with the love of my heart, I don't actually care.
Speaker 3: Like ungot it a little bit, but then it sounds a little like who are we talking about here? We're talking about gods and we talked about dead relatives.
Speaker 1: Like there's a great.
Speaker 2: Using it's some rabbi, I don't know something, but it's some phrase, and it's like, it's because you know, one person's like God and I don't believe in God. It's like the god you don't believe in. I don't believe in that god either. That's fucking cool.
Speaker 1: Yes, I also that's exactly that great. And then I had the vibe. I had a moment where I go, well.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the vibe, and I think, and I think, I'm I'm and I think I deserve to make a template.
Speaker 1: We ruined Poog instantly to try to make money. Vibe check Poog. Yeah, can you imagine.
Speaker 3: That would be actually a black bad next poo evil Poog.
Speaker 1: What if next week we should do we should launch evil Poog. Yeah, and that becomes them, and that becomes the thing that takes.
Speaker 2: Over Actually, yeah, that is so funny.
Speaker 1: But but but I did.
Speaker 3: Get a secondary experiment. As long as your soul remains.
Speaker 2: Evil poo and twenty five dollars a month, but you get all access and we'll send you spread photos of our genitals.
Speaker 1: Well, I got news for you. We'll do it. Only do you think I give a ship cash is cash?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think twenty five dollars is wrong. I don't think twenty half dollars is evil.
Speaker 2: Of course, not if if you can't afford that's stressing you out, It's totally understandable. It's evil Poog. It's for it's for people that want to get dark with it. I had, I had, I got a text. I was imagine this. I was like, God, I really am I really? Five check five check listen to this. I'm in New York City and I go, I guess I really am an actress living in Los Angeles Because I got a text and I say, my kolonosicist wants my numerologist's number. You know, when you find yourself slipping into those cliches evil poog and with that sell out Poog sell out.
Speaker 1: I like evil poog. That's the no.
Speaker 3: No, definitely. I was just trying to go, Okay, what does it look like? Because it's listening, consider what's right, and there's blood dripping off the poog. Yes, and if it takes, it takes, as you know, if it leads it leads. I mean, really there really, I guess what it should be is, Yeah, there needs to be space for both. There needs to be space for both in this world, so each can enjoy itself. Yeah, exactly, with a tiny dot of the other color inside each young y.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tiny dot of red must live in the blue. Time.
Speaker 2: You have to integrate the shadow. It's time to integrate the shadow with Poog. Yeah, if you've been doing shadow integration.
Speaker 1: The whole show is about.
Speaker 2: Integration the shower shadow and I argue, but we have to do full Evil Poog and yeah, not fearious.
Speaker 1: I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I'm having major unblocking right now. Yeah all right, No, Evil Poog. Is that in studio?
Speaker 3: Is that where we go full on fucking us in chairs with two bobble heads and ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we go full We need ring lights, we need video cameras. We need to get fucking serious about this.
Speaker 1: It would be great Evil Poog. I can't fucking wait. Love you, love you. That was Poog.
Speaker 4: If you enjoyed Poog, please subscribe, rate and review. If not, we will press charges and by it for Evil Poog. It's Katie and Jackie.
Speaker 1: Katie and Jackie. That's so good. So that's that's so good. That's huge