Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it. We made it to a meat Friday. It's a special meet Friday because we're unveiling the rectech grills. And I was looking at the starting lineup here. We have the Backyard Beast, We have the ex Fire Pro and the Bullseye Deluxe, and Dylan is going to be using all three of those today. We have elk bacon sliders, Tuna carpaccio filet mignon oscar style. We have pesto crusted salmon, Brussels sprouts with glazed carrots. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 2: Once again, we'll be unveiling the rectech grills. In fact, Dylan out there inspecting now to fire those things up later on today. First Hour brought to you by neutrofil And the hat can be optional that you can't cover up what's not there anymore. Neutrifol can help you. You can at your hair back a real comeback here neutrofold dot Com promo code. Dan Patrick stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. All righty, we say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so if you'd like to watch the program, and also the NBC Sports Network Christopher mad Dog Russo. We'll join us a little bit later on Lewis Riddick the Mothership. He was there for Fernando Mendoz's pro day. We'll get phone calls coming up. Operator Tyler sitting by eight seven to seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dpshow. We say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country, including iHeartRadio and Fox Sports Radio. Women's Final four tonight South Carolina, Connecticut, Texas, Ucla. These were the final four teams from a year ago. The matchups were switched this year. Is South Carolina Yukon the early game than to Texas and UCLA. Men's Final four will be Saturday, Illinois Yukon, Michigan and Arizona. Those point spreads have not changed in the last twenty four hours, still one and a half, one and a half for Illinois favored by one and a half and Michigan favored by one and a half over Arizona. Seaton You've got a poll question to start us out with this first hour of the program. We have a many.
Speaker 4: Poll questions here. We've got a couple here from Paul. How much would you pay or what price would you pay to see your team in the title game? Between two hundred and five hundred dollars, five hundred and one thousand dollars or one thousand plus?
Speaker 2: It depends on I think you know each situation.
Speaker 4: I'm going to need an option below two hundred dollars. I gotta admit, I'm not buying any of those tickets.
Speaker 2: Well two to five, but you still got to get to Indianapolis. You got to get a hotel, and are you staying the weekend?
Speaker 4: You're probably going with somebody unless you're going solo, so you double that. Yeah, that seems they're all kind of tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, depends on how much you love your team. What else do you have there, Seaton, We've got on there another one for Paul. You're rooting for Arizona, Connecticut, Illinois or Michigan. I don't know if there's a root worthy team. Maybe that that's how is there a root worthy team for America? Is there a great story.
Speaker 4: Most rootable team in the final three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. I think Colin's good. You know who's rooting for Michigan this weekend, really a whole lot of fans in the state of North Carolina rooting for Michigan because if Michigan beats Arizona, then Tommy Lloyd might be available. This is what my source said to me last night, because I said, you know, I'm trying to figure this out. Who are they. I don't think Dusty May is leaving Michigan from what I'm told, he's not leaving, but Tommy Lloyd. You know, Tommy Lloyd is saying, look, I got a game to focus on Saturday. Everybody wants him to say, hey, I'm not leaving. It's probably leverage. And you know, I have a few more details on this, but kind of been sworn to secrecy on that with the situation with Arizona and Tommy Lloyd. But I was told that North Carolina they'll be rooting hard for Michigan because then they can start negotiating with him if he's going to be the next head coach at North Carolina. I haven't heard anything from Billy Donovan about Billy Donovan leaving the bulls. But it's there. It's kind of lingering, it's hanging there. But you know we'll get closure, certainly by Tuesday morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, Todd, if you're Tommy Lloyd, and whether you have genuine interest in the North Carolina job or any other job or not, why would you tip your hand? Why would anyone expect anyone in any line of work that works so hard to be in a position, a position to kind of play both sides a little bit not have to give a definitive answer.
Speaker 3: Why would you? You might as well keep it close to your Ves's no one's business.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it is people's business. They want to know what your loyalty is. We all want to know a lot of things.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean you have to give him an answer.
Speaker 2: No, but you can still answer the question.
Speaker 5: I think he was upset with the question, But we shouldn't expect him to say I'm staying put.
Speaker 3: I love it here. And this is even when they say that they leave half the time in that is true.
Speaker 2: That is true. There have been incidents with high level coaches who have said I'm staying here. You know I'm gonna be The Miami Hurricanes coach on Monday, and then Monday he becomes the Cleveland Browns head coach. Yeah, yes, Marv.
Speaker 6: That's easily the worst move in the history of coaching. Oh you, Butch Davis. Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 7: Left that team.
Speaker 2: I know to coach that team. And I had a friend whose son was going to go to Miami, and you know, so he's talking with Butch on Sunday he said, I'm gonna be here on Monday, and on Monday became the Cleveland Browns head coach. Yes, Paul.
Speaker 8: When Tommy Lloyd of Arizona was asked, he said, quote, I've got my full focus on this team. Nothing is distracting me. I'm one hundred percent locked in on Arizona basketball. That's a great non answer, yeah answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do I think he'll take the North Carolina job. It feels that way, But I want him to be fair to the Arizona fans and this basketball team coming up this weekend. That is your focus. And I don't think he's going to say, hey, I'm going to I can multitask, which he obviously can. You know, it doesn't take long for North Carolina to say what's the number, and he finds out what the number is for his salary and the nil and collectives and things like that, and that can happen quickly, or you have somebody, an intermediary who will be talking to them. But he's got leverage here, maybe he stays. But there's also that big as that he does go to North Carolina. Is that a lateral move though? Because Arizona year in and year out, gets really good players, they just don't get to where they should be getting with all of this talent. North Carolina, you know, they did get to a national title game, but it's not the North Carolina we grew up with. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, but one of them is an institution in college basketball. The other one is a team known for constantly disappointing.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 2: True, But if you live in your scrapbook and you say, man, I can be North Carolina's head coach, it'd be like I can be Indiana's head basketball coach. Yeah that sounds awesome, and nobody cares. That sounds awesome now, but it's not what it once was. It's like, hey, Indiana, Yeah, that's a football school, right, Yeah, Paul, I think if I were.
Speaker 8: The head coach at Arizona, I would think my path to the final four. Year to year is easier here than it is at North Carolina. There's a lot to get through at North Carolina with the teams they play. It's almost like, remember Dabo head offers at Clemson and he stayed it's easier for him to get to the College Football Playoff at Clemson than it is to go to the SEC.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well we said that about when Texas and Oklahoma we're going to the SEC, and I'm like, I would stay where you are. It's easier to get to the playoffs instead of fighting everybody in the SEC. Yes, Todd, but I would think.
Speaker 5: Your ego and or your status being able to attach your name to after all these years as a twenty year assistant in Gonzaga under Mark Few to be able to say you're with North Carolina. Arizona doesn't say, at least to me, doesn't come up at the top of the list when you start listing the best. I know it's not your grandpa's North Carolina, but still I think it's a lot juicier than Arizona if that matters ego wise to a coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe don't. I don't know, Tommy Lloyd, but Arizona feels like year in and year out there number one seed. Yes, Mark, but I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to treat North Carolina like the Indiana. North Carolina's won the national title in the past ten years. They've just had a bad three to four years. Okay, So them, Kansas and Kentucky to me are the bluest of the blue bloods. Where any other job, like it's not better than those three jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but remember Kentucky. I mean, is Kentucky glamour job? Now we look at Kentucky like Indiana.
Speaker 7: No, Okay, they've won the national title in the two thousands.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm talking about now, like do people look at Kentucky or Kansas? You know, Kansas is above Kentucky, I would say, But I don't know if UCLA used to be the bluest of blue bloods. That doesn't come up. And they've won before, but that doesn't come up. Is man, that's a destination?
Speaker 6: Yes, but you're talking about UCLA in Indiana. The of those schools have won national championships in thirty plus years. The schools like Kentucky they won a national title in what two thousand twelve, and they've always been relevant even I know Calipari left and he gave him some star power, but there's still a major program that gets five stars and gets to the tournament.
Speaker 2: Would you if if Kentucky was open in North Carolina open, which one are you taking Kentucky? All right? Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 8: It feels like Kentucky's on a light hiatus from greatness, just a dip, not a They're not down as a program. Down is where you're like a ten year wallowing around like Indiana. Yes, last time they were threatening was Tom Crean.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: See if Kentucky, uh, North Carolina, Indiana and Arizona come.
Speaker 2: Calling, there's different pressures there, Like Kentucky and North Carolina, that pressure's got to be different than Arizona Indiana. I think they're just kind of fighting back, you know, like we used to be something, but it feels like you're kind of treading wall and then you win the national title in football, I mean North Carolina, that's It's it's magical down there. But I think there's more to behind the scenes with these jobs that there didn't used to be, And I think administrations play a little bit larger role, and I think you're finding these coaches who were saying, if I can just coach, you know, I'm fine. It's all the other things that are on the periphery that make it, you know, a lot tougher job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Boem, I will say this about Arizona. I just looked it up. They pay, they invest in their roster, and they pay their head coach, Tommy Lloyd. He's making five point three million dollars this year. That's ninth in all of college basketball. And he's making more than a million more than Hubert Davis was this past year in North Carolina. You know, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, he's gonna make a lot more somewhere, somewhere gonna be making a lot more, whether it's at Arizona or North care Yes, time, would.
Speaker 5: A coach really consider staying put because they think where they are is an easier path to the final four all things considered, Like, is that something they would really consider, especially in this world of nil and transfer portal where one year you're terrible, the next year you're winning the national championship.
Speaker 2: Well, but that's part of it. En your goal to win a national championship, So why wouldn't you be at the place that gives you the best chance to win a national championship.
Speaker 5: Or do you want to go to the school that's got the most cachet and that's the biggest deal place to go. I've worked so hard and now I've an opportunity to be the North Carolina coach, and I think against Arizona, to me, that's a step up.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't care about CACHE. I care about winning. I want to win a national title. I don't think we look down at Jay Wright because he wonted Villanova a couple of times.
Speaker 5: I mean, but this day at a school because it's an easier conference, and you think I got a better chance of winning it all in this weaker conference than the ACC or something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan Hurley's got an easier track to get to the number one seed or number two seed because of the conference that he plays in. I mean, he could go to North Carolina one call. He could go to North Carolina. Today. He not leaving to go to North Carolina. He was leaving to go to the Lakers. But it's interesting now with you know, the coaching landscape, and it feels like, hey, I've been here. Tommy Lloyd is what fifty one years of age, so now you go, Okay, this is my big chance. Now do I go? I could coach North Carolina or I could stay here.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark, And if you're Tommy Lloyd, you got to the Final four, which they haven't been to since two thousand and one. So you're kind of on scholarship for the next couple of years because you've done something no one else has done forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's interesting, but I would be surprised if Dusty May leaves Michigan. And my source said that the athletic director has already told people I'm going to lock him up. He's going to be our coach for a long, long, long time and rightfully so great coach. All right, we'll get phone calls coming up. It's a meet Friday. Luka. Doncic gets injured last night. They get blown out in OKC and I don't know, I haven't seen any update on the severity of the injury. It is his hamstring that he got injured on. It's seven minutes to go in the third quarter and I think they were down twenty five, So of course social media said, why is he in there if it's seven minutes to go in the fourth quarter? And you're down twenty five. I take him out, but he was in pain last night. And here we are. They'll be limping literally into the postseason. We'll take a break. We'll settle on our poll question, mad Dog Russo a little bit later on, and Lewis Riddick, he was there at the Fernando Mendoza Pro Day, take a break back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio app. Hey it's me Rob Parker.
Speaker 9: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes of pipeing hop baseball talk, featuring the biggest names of newsmakers in the sport. Whether you believe in analytics or the eye test, We've got all the bases covered. New episodes dropped every Thursday, So do yourself a favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Settle on a poll question. Phone calls coming up as well. Seven years ago Today, final show in the Old Man Cave, when we cut down the nets, or at least we tried to cut down the nets, and then Fritzy complained that the scissors were right handed scissors, not left handed scissors.
Speaker 5: There's definitely some incompetence there, but I left the scissor might have given me.
Speaker 2: A shot seven years ago. So once the show ended, the big German had a truck ready to go. Because I said, you got three months to have the build out at this man cave, and three months to the day might have been the day before, the night before. He had everything ready to go in incredible. I didn't realize what I was asking him to do, but it was three months from that man cave to this man cave, and there were a lot of people involved in that. That's when Marvin got involved in the show.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark I first came here and the big German hired me, and he's like, oh, we're gonna have this place ready by April twenty of this year.
Speaker 7: This was all just rubble in dust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look at it now. Pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: Yes, I took the over on that. I think I actually said to Erica, Dann wants you to do that. That's not happening. Is this July August? You sure?
Speaker 10: He said?
Speaker 3: In April how is that possibly happening?
Speaker 2: You got an Andy Reid vibe today, the red and the yeah, you got oh.
Speaker 5: The hey, I'm a very yeah, very red and white chief colleture thing to tell a Bronco fan.
Speaker 3: But I can see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got your red hat and then you got a hoodie. That is that the meat hoodie?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Someone sent this a few years ago.
Speaker 5: IM not sure where it came from, but I'm like, it's rectech meat Friday. I'm like, I gotta find my meat sweatshirt.
Speaker 3: Okay, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: You're kind of like Lady Gaga. Didn't she have an outfit where she just had meat she did her dress or something.
Speaker 3: We're both bizarre like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, eight seven seven to three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com on Twitter handle at dp show. Here's some more information. My college basketball source. All roads point to Tommy Lloyd is the focus for North Carolina. There will be some apprehension he's a West Coast guy, but there is conviction that he will succeed wherever he goes. He's ten years younger than Billy Donovan and in the current environment, the coach brings most of the team and prospects with him. As an extension, Tommy Lloyd's longtime mentor, Marked is very tight with Roy Williams. While it's unclear if Roy would have helped given what happened with Hubert Davis is firing, then this is a possibility because Tommy Lloyd coached under Mark Few. Mark Few friends with Roy Williams. Roy, of course, a former North Carolina head coach. So that's where we are right now, on the cusp, on the brink of the final four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it is interesting too because when you talk about the value of the North Carolina job, I don't know that you can really say that the ACC is a better conference than say, the Big Twelve anymore. Certainly recent memory, the Big Twelve has been much better than the ACC and basketball if you start running down, I mean, just look at the top teams right now, Arizona, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU, BYU there. I mean, they've all been really good. I don't know that you get that far down the list of the ACC these days.
Speaker 2: I think those are all valid points there. I agree, all right, let me see Tom and Iowa. Hi, Tom, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey guys, how you guys doing. Before I talkers to usaid thank you to you for ou signing my book. Appreciate it. But I can just see him leaving because one, I remember a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's still true the Arizona Athletic Department was in the negatives. It was they were questioning of athletics. And two, it's just more convenient being the acc All your teams are on one side of the sty you don't have to worry about traveling across country.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you. Tom Gibbs in Virginia Beach. I Gibbs, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 12: This weekend is the weekend I sent you the invitation. I know you balked at it, but you said you might send Tyler. But I am getting married this weekend. I don't know if Tyler or Dylan are on their way, but I just need to take this time to thank you for basically my entire career. I was a caller way back seventeen years ago. It got picked up by a local radio station.
Speaker 11: I got a.
Speaker 12: Producer gig at a local radio station. Curtailed that into working for an NFL agent here in town. I put that on my resume going to law school, that I was a dan Patrick contributor, and the admission the admissions officer was so impressed that I was a dan Patrick contributor that she admitted me on the spot. And I curtailed that into an NBA at Carolina double tar Heel, love my tar Heels, and as of two years ago, became an NFL agent. And I all of that to the Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: I got a round of applause for Gibbs Virginia Beach. Maybe if I'd have known all of that, we would have gone to the wedding. But Gibbs, thank you for the wedding invitation and good luck this weekend.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Danny. I really appreciate that. Is there any words of wisdom that you can give me. I am marrying a I'm a tar heel, I am marrying a Kentucky wildcat. So this time of year is a little icy for us. But any words of wisdom that you can impart.
Speaker 2: I say this, I say this to my own children. You fall in love, you stay married because you like each other, enjoy each other. The companionship road trip. Make sure you always think of her every single day and the trust me she will think of you every single day. Put her first, can't go wrong, Yes, tod.
Speaker 5: I like how Gibbs took an opportunity to recite his resume disguised as a compliment to how he helped carry you along.
Speaker 2: It's okay. It was passive, aggressive, fantastic. I'm fine. Oh look who's calling from Burgundy, France. It's Buddha. Hi Buddha, No.
Speaker 10: Buddy buns your DP every day the super Bowl. Let's go Gibbs, Let's go baby. Well DP, I'm still in France and I can confirm to all DP nations that the world is round and that my dude wife's supply is strong. Thank you, Jade. And when you guys brought up the world being flat up this week, it cracked me up and reminded me. Do you guys remember when Kyrie Irving went on that like week and a half kind of like tour of trying to convince the world in front of reporters that the world was flat. Yeah, not good and uh but DP, I'm calling in today on good Meet Friday from the most Hallowed and revered sites for the Chardonnay and your great gp Pino noir. Some of the most sought after and expensive lines come from here. It is amazing. I wish, I wish I could just FaceTime you guys. It is beautiful, and I just want to let you know, Dan trade in your ascots or trade in your ties for the ascots, because we're going to come in style and do a harvest.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you, Buddha. Why don't you send a video of you out there in the fields there with all the grapes, Buddha, I will all done. Yeah, send it to Tyler Joe in La Hi Joe, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Good morning, DP morning Joe five eight one fifty. I'm rooting for the UCLA girls tonight versus Texas, but I wanted to let you know. I saw a beat bleacher Report article on the twenty biggest shows of the twenty first century. The Duke choke last week and ranked number fifteen. But I wanted to ask the group, what was the number.
Speaker 2: One the biggest choke job of all time? According to Bleacher Report twenty first century twenty first century, Yes, Marvin twenty eight three falcons. You know all you have to say is twenty eight three. Everybody knows what you're talking about. Yeah, you don't even have to say the teams Joe, twenty eight to three. Final answer.
Speaker 13: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Alrighty well, thank you Joe. Yeah. See, I feel like.
Speaker 4: The Yankees against the Red Sox has to be high. I would say, Joe, Joe, that's not one A. It should be one B.
Speaker 7: Where are the.
Speaker 2: Yankees up three to one in the ALCS or three zero? Joe? Yeah? Where was the Yankees collapse against the Red Sox?
Speaker 13: I will let's see. I think that was like number ten?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn yeah, Paul.
Speaker 8: This is nineteen ninety nine, so I hope it still counts. John veldt Vandeveld at the British Open. He needed a double bogie on eight team, a double bogie and he wins the British Open.
Speaker 2: Where is Jean van Develle on that list?
Speaker 13: Joe, don't find about them make that list?
Speaker 4: Okay, this list is null and void.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Joe.
Speaker 4: Cancel it, throw it away.
Speaker 2: You think it's false false advertising? Biggest did they choke on? Coming up with the biggest chokes of the twenty first century? Trey in Pennsylvania. Hi, Tray, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Hello Daniel?
Speaker 2: Hi Trey uh five.
Speaker 14: So I was listening to gambling podcasts last night, and there is indeed a casino in Pittsburgh. It is called Rivers and it is across from Hinzfield. You get it by the Rivers. So you and your djens can go and have a nice time. Well, not you, but your djens can.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll be good news for Shayan Irving, also Dylan and Ray. What else is on your mind? Trey?
Speaker 14: So the Avs. I have a complaint about the Avs. We're never going to see another batter or manager go face to face with an ump because of bad calls, and that's kind of bubbing me out. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: I think it's embarrassing when grown men in a baseball uniform are kicking dirt on the plate or yelling turning their hat around with an umpire. I mean I grew up on that in the seventies and Earl Weaver and Billy Martin, and I was like, oh God, so I don't have any any fondness for that. Tray. By the way, toddcast did you record that yesterday a new episode we.
Speaker 3: Have not just had it.
Speaker 5: Photo Day yes took a while, and I think the twelve fifteen podcast we're getting bumped a little bit.
Speaker 3: But sometime in the coming days we will be rolling it out.
Speaker 2: By the way, we had picture day yesterday. Everybody got together, everybody got haircuts, everybody looking nice, and the photographer kept referring to Todd is shorty?
Speaker 3: What was that all about?
Speaker 2: Hey, short guy? You get in front, and Todd goes, oh, also, I'm the short guy. You know, compared to us, you're probably the shortest guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I didn't need like to hang a nickname on You could just there's ways of saying that.
Speaker 3: The English language a thousands of ways to refer to different.
Speaker 2: Don't think she knew your name.
Speaker 3: But that's when you say, what's your name? But that I'd say Todd, Todd. Since you're a little smaller than the other guys, why don't you stand here?
Speaker 2: There's a million could you're not as tall as the other guy.
Speaker 5: There are ways in this politically correct world that we're in for her just to throw out, shorty, why don't you get behother in front of this one?
Speaker 3: I'm like what.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was like politically correct. He's a very sweet woman.
Speaker 3: I was offended a little bit bad.
Speaker 2: But oh, I know you said it three times, repeated it three times in ninety seconds. Oh so I'm the short guy.
Speaker 5: And then because then she wants me to smile and act a little happy and pose and do this and have all kinds of huge gestures that called me short.
Speaker 2: You always end up next to me, whether it's dinner, doesn't matter. You're always so uncomfortable as angry about that. So shorty, hey, shorty. He was very nice to them.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed working with her, but I didn't need that. I don't hang out on me.
Speaker 8: Yes, Paul, what is the official number for short for a man? Five eight or five to seven, because Todd's got to be close to five to ten.
Speaker 5: I've been as tall as five ten and a half and I was very upset as of a few months ago when they dropped a five nine and three quarters on me.
Speaker 3: So we're already getting the shrinking older person.
Speaker 2: No, I just think you're not as tall as.
Speaker 3: Us, which is a nice way to say that, as opposed to shorty. You want to stand over here.
Speaker 2: But I think if you say hey, less tall guy, it doesn't flow. She just said hey shorty.
Speaker 5: It's definitely less offensive, even though it doesn't go off the tongue as smoothly as saying shorty, stand there.
Speaker 2: It's your birthday, Hey shorty. H Zack and Knoxville, Hey, Zach, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Aeneen, thanks for taking a call.
Speaker 15: Gidgs in Virginia. D I know that's contribute to the show as a caller. I didn't know that that that might be the biggest inflate on a resume that I've ever heard. So my question to you guys was, what was the biggest lie that you ever.
Speaker 2: Put on your resume?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, I didn't lie on my resume, but I definitely implied that when when I put West Virginia University in nineteen ninety six, people assume that's when I graduated.
Speaker 2: That's actually the.
Speaker 4: One year I was there.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not a lie, that's not that. That is a loophole. I think somebody says, where'd you go to school West Virginia? That is where I went to school. I just I only went for a year. I didn't finish. But that's so you see you know WU ninety six, like, oh, graduate, No, I just.
Speaker 4: That was the one year I was there.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy, Yeah.
Speaker 8: So if Stephen's resume doesn't have BS Journalism communications.
Speaker 4: Then he said, yeah, right, I don't have anything like that.
Speaker 8: But the BS could be for something else.
Speaker 2: Correct, Uh, Todd, did you on your resume?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: But look, along with Seeden, you don't need to elaborate too much. They want you to kind of keep it to one page anyway. So if I said, you know, like staffer or something like that, It's like when I was at WFAN. Basically for the two years I was there, I was editing tape while I was of the night but I didn't feel it needs to be that specific a battlet.
Speaker 3: Do you think I was executive producer? I did not.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just put WFA N ninety to ninety two, I'm in the morning show and things like that. But I didn't say, oh, by the way, I was just editing tape at three o'clock in the morning with a razor blade and an old machine.
Speaker 2: But that's what you were doing.
Speaker 3: That's basically what I was, Okay most of that time, That's right.
Speaker 2: Paulie did you fib.
Speaker 8: The only thing I fibbed about was how long I was in college. I just put my graduation of college. I didn't put that it took me five and a half years to get an undergraduate degree.
Speaker 2: Me and you were about the same.
Speaker 4: Then about this, we just put the year.
Speaker 8: We put the year of the ending.
Speaker 2: You put the year at the beginning. Yeah, I'm looking at the biggest chokes of the twenty first century and the Seattle Seahawks twenty fourteen choking. That was, of course Russell Wilson Junior, the third right.
Speaker 4: But is that it if to say Malcolm Butler, then okay? Is that is that a choke jump? They had the game won. Give it to the one guy that the Patriots weren't able to stop the entire game, and he'll win it for you.
Speaker 2: You know what, Let me take a break. We'll discuss the top five on this list. Also, I got an incredible stat I got something happened last night that's only happened one other time statistically since nineteen ninety six in the NBA. That's called a tease. Kids.
Speaker 1: And up next, our play of the day. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: To play of the day. This is no play on the day.
Speaker 16: Check this out six it to grant at the right elbow kicked out at the near port Continipple, catch it your three? Why that's history step aside kevia Locker. Con K Nipple is your new franchise leader for most May threes in a single season at two hundred and sixty one, and the rookie is just getting started.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of the Hornets Radio Network. I don't remember Kemba Walker being a knockdown three guy. That's what surprised me, not that Conk Nipple is the all time franchise single season leader, but that he surpasses Kemba Walker who did it in twenty eighteen. That is your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by tire rack dot Com. They've been helping you for forty years. Right tires for how and what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com is the way tire buying should be Okay, we're going to run down the top five choke jobs in the twenty first century. They also have this incredible step. Well, it's incredible for me, but then I don't really have a life. Let's see trying to this player. There have been two players since nineteen ninety six to have at least two hundred three pointers made and one hundred dunks in a single season. Two players in history. One joined the club last night. Anybody want to offer up last time. Well, it's happened in the last six years that you've had well because we're shooting more threes, of course, so this happened last night. One player. Let me see, yeah, okay, and he guesses, seet and you got one. Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant. No, dang Marvin.
Speaker 7: Since nineteen ninety six, yep, Glenn Rice.
Speaker 2: Nope, they're not big names. One one guy has been an All Star. He's one of those guys that you go, oh, yeah, he's pretty good. The other guy has an appropriate first name for this stat of the day. Todd Trey Young, Trey Murphy, Tray Murphy, Trey Murphy. He has two hundred three pointers and he had a dunk last night. The other player University is in the final four. His alma mater in the final four. Not a big name, but an all star I believe. Yes, Paul Rudy Gay No, that would have been you about this, Yes, Marvin Well, Kendall Gill no a Laurie Markanen. Yeah, dah obvious.
Speaker 8: I know he could always finish at the rim.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Stab of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. All right, we had a caller who said Bleacher Report has the top choke jobs of the twenty first century. We, of course, not knowing when the twenty first century started, We're like, oh, well throwing uh Jean Vandeveld, Well, that was nineteen ninety nine, so apparently that doesn't make the twenty first century. Todd, you should have told us that that you should be knowing that stuff.
Speaker 3: Totally slip my mind.
Speaker 2: Nank you, Todd. Twenty eleven Texas Rangers. I forgot about this. I mean I didn't forget about the collapse. So two outs down to their final strike, David Freeze delivers a game tying, two run triple game goes into extra innings. They're up three to two, and they have a seven to five lead going into the bottom of the ninth in Game six, so they're three ounce away from winning the World Series. That Cardinals end up winning Game six, momentum carries to Game seven, they win six to two. The twenty fifteen Golden State Warriors are in there. Let see, let me recap the drama here. They started out twenty four and oh. To start the season, they had seventy three wins. They took a three to one series lead over Lebron and the Cabs in the finals, and the Warriors failed to close things out at home. Draymond Green got suspended, and then Lebron and Kyrie led Cleveland cooked to the upset the Yankees in four. Second on the list, and of course, the first season a Rod is with the Yankees. They won one hundred and one games and they're up three to oh. Everything's great. You had the stolen base by Dave Roberts, an RBI single from Bill Miller, tying the game against Marianna Rivera, and then Big Poppy delivers the walk off home run to avoid the sweep in Game four, and then after that well we know what happened after that, and number one on the list the biggest choke jobs of the twenty first century. No, there's no congratulations, there's no drum roll. You're Atlanta Falcons up twenty eight to three, Yes, Paul, two things.
Speaker 8: There's what seventy four years left in the century. Yeah, I think the Falcons are going to hold this for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, in my lifetime, will there be a bigger choke job than the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 8: The math doesn't work. I can't picture another Super Bowl being a bigger point differential that late in the game. By the way, the twenty first century does not start in two thousand. It starts January first, two thousand and one. People celebrated a prematurely ninety nine two thousand. According to my people at the Gregorian calendar, there is no year zero, so the century started January first, two thousand one.
Speaker 4: Back Yet, you know what bugs me though about this list that we're looking at. I have no problem with the twenty sixteen Atlanta Falcons being number one on that. Like Paul said, I think they might carry this through the century. My problem is that Matt Ryan.
Speaker 2: Is the picture they used. He didn't blow that game. He didn't he I can't blame Okay, he didn't call the play. They were passing the ball. All they had to do is kneel down kick a field goal. And he didn't give up all those points.
Speaker 4: It's not like the Patriots got all those points off of pick sixes or something. I don't know. I feel like he is the face of that way more than he should.
Speaker 2: Should they put Dan Quinn neck?
Speaker 7: Yeah one.
Speaker 2: Kyle Shanahan offensive coordinator, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: That was gonna be my thing.
Speaker 6: Kyle Shanahan always gets to blame for that, But I was like, he wasn't the head coach. The Patriots had to come back from twenty eight three. They had to score points on your defense. And on top of that, Matt Ryan threw one of the best passes. Or it's probably a better catch than a better pass, but he was doing his part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't put there's enough blame to go around. But yeah, you're up twenty eight three and you're taunting Tom Brady on the sidelines. He's like, shit, yeah, I know, sn't don't don't do not.
Speaker 4: So to the greatest micd ups of all time?
Speaker 2: Is it a defensive back who's kind of making fun saying something about Brady.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the wide receivers.
Speaker 8: It's like Mohammed sanuh Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where the defensive players go. Hey, shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're on the field getting torch.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: Paul Matt Ryan gets dinged for a strip sack he took. They were down, they were up twenty eight to twelve with eight minutes to go, and I think it's Dante high Tower just crushes him. But Matt Ryan did not block Dante hat high Tower.
Speaker 2: By the way, Dante Dante Highttower had two of the biggest plays in New England Patriots history. He stops Marshawn from going into the end zone against Seattle and then he has this incredible sack against Matt Ryan. Underrated Christopher mad Dog Russo will join us. He'll be on fire about something. Meet Friday Dan Patrick Show.