Speaker 1: Naoo, please Joseph, make it stop.
Speaker 2: A wait, how did you get in here? You are entering my private space? Where is security?
Speaker 3: Yes? And you're late for the show. Let's go. I can't believe this is our.
Speaker 1: Last Shocky episode, but lucky for you, we have a very special guest with us today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's why I was taking a shower worthy of a mermaid. Have you seen the last video? Do you know how much that tailwave? Do you know how hot Lewis Hamilton is?
Speaker 1: Yes, twenty five pounds and he's en fuego Joseph, Come on.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm coming. Wait where is my strivek to neck myistreiser.
Speaker 3: I'm your host, Liliana Oosquez.
Speaker 2: And I'm Joseph Carrio and this is Becoming an Icon.
Speaker 1: A weekly podcast where we give you the rundown on how today's most famous Latin v stars have shaped pop culture.
Speaker 2: And given the world some extra level.
Speaker 3: Sit back and get comfortable.
Speaker 2: Because we are going in the only way we know how, with buenas bias.
Speaker 3: Bunas riesas.
Speaker 1: And a lot of opinions, as we relive their greatest achievements on our journey to find out what makes them so iconic.
Speaker 2: Lil's Costa Rico Tosta.
Speaker 3: Rica, Costa Rica. But thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: We have didn't share that with Shakira, and today's guest does too.
Speaker 1: Behind the mic of the Estas Rica podcast is a young Peruvian who currently lives in Miami. Plus she is a badass psychologist.
Speaker 2: Let's give a very warm welcome to Danny Sayan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Danny. We love that you're here. You share so many.
Speaker 1: Things with Shakida, like the fact that you guys both live in Miami. I also love that you are a psychologist, you guys. So she is going to bring us an insight into Shakira's latest moves and what's in store for her. And what is really cool about this is that we're going to hear this not just from the celebrity pop culture perspective, but we also are going to hear about Shakida as the empowered woman who's currently treading the path of a recent divorce and being single and ready to mingle again. And I think what's so special, Danny about your perspective on all of this is that, like Shakita, you're also an advocate for being yourself and being confident, which is what we all know Shakida's latest quest is all about right now. And Danny, you're the perfect person for this because, first of all, you are basically next to our neighbors with Shakida in Miami.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so jealous. Do you ever see her? And no?
Speaker 4: I wish okay, we could just pretend, yeah, we we're friends.
Speaker 3: Now I want to ask why are all.
Speaker 1: The hot single ladies moving to Miami? I mean, Giselle SHACKI. I don't know if you're single or not, Danny, but you're there and you're very very cute.
Speaker 2: Thank you, And Danny, you know what, I too was thinking of moving to Miami so it can be like the Fanta girls.
Speaker 4: Right well, I feel like Miami is just a city to have fun, you know, and that's why.
Speaker 5: So many people that are here.
Speaker 4: It's actually funny that you mentioned that, because so many people that are here, like, oh.
Speaker 5: My god, why can't I get a partner like I want? Our relationship? Was like, you're not going to find it here even if you're not.
Speaker 2: Oh so, do you think that maybe that they're just kind of there for like the moment. It's not the big move it's like a moment.
Speaker 4: Right, it's like this era, like your main character era, Like oh, having.
Speaker 2: Their main character era moment. That does make sense because they're newly single.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: And I feel like, you know, if we learned anything about Shakida during our last few episodes, that.
Speaker 2: I've just learned too much. Honestly, I've learned so much.
Speaker 1: I have not learned enough. But the big takeaway for me, which I didn't realize, was she's kind of been living her life for peque right, Like she kind of surrendered a lot about who she is and her main character energy to be kind of like the wag right like wife and girlfriend of sports stars and to be a mom and that's okay.
Speaker 3: Like you have phases in your life.
Speaker 1: But I think you're so right, Danny, like she is in her main character era right now, living her best life in Miami.
Speaker 3: And I know for you, you're.
Speaker 1: A psychologist, so when you see this stuff happening, like bring us into Shakida, psyche. She's been spotted with Lewis Hamilton, Tom Cruise like everybody.
Speaker 3: She's moved to Miami. What is going on?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna Psychoanalyzki for a minute.
Speaker 5: No if.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think her situation is very common for women that felt in the past have to get up their live dreams to pursue what other people expected of her, like her love interests, like wanted to be the perfect wife, wanted to be the perfect mother, wanted to be just perfect and everything. And I feel like she just came to the realization that her life is actually hers to live.
Speaker 5: So if she wants.
Speaker 4: To go ahead and hang out with different people and come to Miami to have fun, I guess she's kind of in the stage of discovering herself again after a minute. And I remember my mom. I grew up with my mom playing Shakira all over my house like I used to love to I mean I still love Shakida, of course, but I used to love those songs specifically. And then as I grew up, I was like, Mom, why is she so why is she suffering in all of her songs? And my mom was like, oh, well, she's just very passionate. She's that's just her style of music. And now I can see the difference in the music that she's getting out now that is like I don't need you. Instead I needed you and Without you, I cannot live. And her music right now is more of like I got this by myself, So I love that.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the emancipation of Mimi.
Speaker 2: I am living, breathing the emancipation of Mimi album.
Speaker 1: Wait, why this is the emancipation of Shaki. She was being held down, she was being stifled, And I think you're so right, Danny.
Speaker 3: She's such an artist.
Speaker 1: And when an artist is in their feelings about whatever it is, that is the music they create. And that's what she was creating for so long. And look at her now with like the new music, also the new fashion. Can we talk about that? Remember Joseph, you and I were hard pressed to find photos of Shakita on a red carpet to talk about her fashion. And then I'm sorry, bitch turns up at Paris Fashion Week hanging out with Camilla Cabello wearing victory a raw couteure.
Speaker 2: She's an icon, but you know, I'm glad that she's also like she's stepping out seeing her more like we are just where where the fuck was she? For so long? Where was she?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: We knew she was around, but we didn't like see her.
Speaker 3: She was cheering pik on in the stands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now she's like everywhere Paris fashion Week, like the Grand Prix.
Speaker 5: I feel like she's coming back.
Speaker 2: To being Shaki Da I mean, I know, I really do, Like bitch is back, like Lobat is back.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we're so happy.
Speaker 1: And do you think the fans will embrace this version of Shaki Da Danny as much as they've embraced kind of like the more emo version of Shakida, Like are we ready for her?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I feel like true fans really appreciate the evolution of an artist in all of their stages. Like I feel you become a fan of someone when they learn how to share empathy with you, when you can really when you can relate to them in a much more vulnerable level. So when you see someone in social media or like in the in the media in general, and they're just so unreal, like they're always perfect, they never feel sad, they never feel heartbreak, they never look ugly, you're like, Okay, that's nice, but that's not sustainable for me to look up too, because that's not real. But when an artist shows up in this vulnerable stage, in this hurt stage, you're like, oh, okay, I can get there too. I can look up to them because even though they went through all of this, they are always coming back and coming back stronger and just learning new things every day and discovering themselves again.
Speaker 5: So I can also apply that to my life.
Speaker 6: Hm.
Speaker 2: True, because I feel like, you know, right now, like I'm going through some like relationship stuff.
Speaker 1: Well wait, Shoper, you're going through relationships stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have been going through from relationship stuff for a long while with the same fool. But anyways, I feel like, you know, her music right now is relatable to people that are going through something. But just like you said, it's like, you know, she's basically talking about her relationship, but it's the message is just pick yourself up from your boots, Like, just pick yourself up because you can do it. It's all within you. And you can just see that she's coming back even with just the the videos that she's doing, all of the artwork, and visually she's like young again. How the fuck does she look dirty?
Speaker 3: Literally literally that's the same thing like.
Speaker 6: I was like Benjamin in like TV in like TV sorry not like you know, not like other latinas that we know that look like something on Instagram and in person they be looking their real age, which is totally fine, but like Shakina looks exactly the same everywhere in every interview.
Speaker 2: But you, guys, I'm not gonna be shady. I just want to ask one question. Do you guys think she wears a wig? Because that hair is like, no, not one hair has has fallen off of the front since she's fucking twenty.
Speaker 3: I don't know, or the shadiest of the shady.
Speaker 1: I love you so much and I'm curious and anytime somebody says or prefaces a question with I'm not being shady, but but yeah, it actually means I am a shady motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Get ready, No, but listen. But maybe she's preserving her hair because remember she colored it for so long, Like there's people that also preserve their hair. Sometimes I know that it's hers because her hair has this really beautiful texture. And then sometimes it's just kind of like thicker, which if it is a wig gets a badass weig because it's not plauckable. But it's just the thickness that I've noticed in some different interviews. That's all I was saying. If it is a way serve your hair shot key.
Speaker 1: If it is a wig, can someone please give me the name of her stylist and her dresser and wig maker because I want that in my life.
Speaker 3: She looks so good right now.
Speaker 1: She like you said, it's almost like she got like she lost all of that weight, all of that stress, like all of that energy is like sucks the life out of you.
Speaker 3: She has come alive again.
Speaker 1: And can we talk about the music, because we have to talk about this right like she writes everything. Like when we wanted to know what was happening with the PK debacle, with the cheating, with the divorce, with the oh my god, with the mother in law, with the fucking swegra all we had to do was go on Spotify, go on iHeart, go download whatever song and listen to it. It was better than People Magazine, It was better than the TMZ's.
Speaker 3: It gave you everything you needed.
Speaker 1: Like that was it? So her latest song, Okay a Crustico.
Speaker 3: Now, as a mom of.
Speaker 1: A boy I have to say, like I my tears come so quickly because being a boy mom is.
Speaker 3: A very different feeling than I think being a girl mom.
Speaker 1: Not I'm not a girl law, so I don't know, but like the way she speaks and writes about her sons is so beautiful, and like the fact that her music is coming from this kind of love and not romantic love like you said, Danny, like it's a way for it's a vulnerability point to connect, like I've never couldnnected with her as a mom, and like I listened to this song and I'm like, I'm like, I'm yours, like yes, keep writing, bitch.
Speaker 2: When I heard her son cry, I was like, I don't have space for children in my heart other than Santi because he's like my son. Oh what, But that little kid started singing and like I was actually just listening to it at first, and very quickly it could still kind of sound like Shakida if it's just going through and you like didn't really like hear it. And then I was like, wait, is that a little kid? And I was like, of course she's going to have a music video to this, and she looks stunning, she looks like an angel playing the piano, and then her kids. I literally got emotional. I'm not an emotional person. I was like, like my bottom lip shaking.
Speaker 4: I just got to add there's a lot of people commenting that her kids, even though they are like boys, they want to make music like their mom, not play soccer like their dad. So that speaks a lot about who they look up to them, which I don't want to make any conclusions or like accusations, but it really shows when a kid wants to do what their parent are like, it's they look up to the parent that's most role model figure.
Speaker 1: We call that a primary parent. It is a very hot topic of discussion in the mom world.
Speaker 2: Primary parent.
Speaker 1: Even if you are co parenting, there is always a primary parent. Like if that baby is sick at night, are they saying mommy or are they saying daddy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like if that baby.
Speaker 1: Comes home from school and says mommy or daddy, like, that is in a way who that child feels their safest with.
Speaker 3: Not to say that they don't feel safe with the other.
Speaker 1: Parent, but there is an attachment, right There is a sense of security of this like biological fund And it doesn't always have to be mom. It does not right people think that, but it doesn't. But Danny, that's such a beautiful way to really share the connection and the deep love that these boys have for their mom because their dad happens to be one of the biggest soccer stars in the world.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine, like that's your dad, and like.
Speaker 1: You don't see them out on a piece like kicking around right, Like you see them dedicating their free time to writing music.
Speaker 3: I mean they are their mother's sons and.
Speaker 2: Playing the piano.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really special.
Speaker 1: It's really beautiful, and I think it also shows what a dedication she has to her role as a mom, not just as to like secure a global superstar, like you know, icon for us. She's like I am that, but like I'm a mom first, and like, look at what that did for her family dynamic.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Are you crying? We are crying.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need a tissue.
Speaker 5: It's a very emotional day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna need a tissue. What do you guys think of the song? Like, does it fit in with like go Bavasia? Does it fit in with the biz rap sessions?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wow, I didn't think you were gonna ask fucking that.
Speaker 5: I feel that's a different vibe.
Speaker 2: It is definitely a different vibe, but it does fit in because it's it's still like you said that type of love. It's like this one chapter so I don't think Shakida necessarily puts out music that has to be a vibe. It's just kind of like this is the chapter of my this is like my art history, you know what I mean, Like these are my transcripts and that's and you get to listen to them, not really like what's hot. She just attaches herself to people or attaches uf to things that are hot, but doesn't necessarily have to always be so cohesive, right, because she's an artist, she doesn't really like give a fuck. She like knows she can just put this music out and we will eat it up because everything she does is relatable. Really, now that I'm thinking about it, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: And she also like, is so can we talk about GOA because we haven't talked about it yet, Danny, what are your okay? Let's I want to talk about the video, and then I want to talk about the song.
Speaker 3: How do we feel.
Speaker 2: About I thought it was Ma Luma at first.
Speaker 4: Is it our little Murmaid? Or is Shocky our little Mermaid? I really thought she was for a second. I was like, Oh, she should have been cascid. I just love her whenever she knows it's just perfection. I'm like, oh my god, wait.
Speaker 2: But also the visuals of like it was totally like little Mermaid, Like I get it. It was very like super on point, but it was done so well once she really looked like a mermaid. Yes, and that tale by the way, that tail weighed twenty five pounds and she was just shaking that shit like nothing. She was like just me flapping my fucking huge ass tail.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know that she was stuck in the costume? Did you hear about this?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: This was drawms so of course, like she is like the most dedicated, like she's going to get the shot, Like she is not fucking around like she is a pro.
Speaker 2: She's like I did you see her wrapped up caught like a fucking s I know that wasn't even photoshopped, honestly.
Speaker 4: Kato d commented that they had to reshoot the video. Oh yeah, like a lot of times because she wants the shot to be perfect and I'm like, yep, okay.
Speaker 1: So imagine that perfectionism. But she is now trapped inside like a hundred pounds tail of the Mermaids, So like, can you imagine her like directing like you guys there's this behind the scenes video of them moving Shakita from location to location.
Speaker 2: Because she's like in a wheelchair. How are they getting her own?
Speaker 1: She was like hand carried by like five men, and I think at one point they had to use I'm not I think they had to use like a crane to like have her removed from the tank because the tank broke in the middle of filming. This video was like what, Yes, this video was like all of the DRAMs all it was like true Mermaid adventures.
Speaker 2: I love it. It also just flud taboo when she was trapped in that aquarium and like and he like they couldn't really be together because she is a fucking pitch.
Speaker 3: She can't move, her legs are stuck together in a tail.
Speaker 1: No, but if you guys have not watched this video, like you guys have to go back and watch it because it to me, it's exactly that Denny.
Speaker 3: She is a perfectious Do.
Speaker 1: You think having that trait going back to like our little psychoanalyzation, do you think that that is a competitive advantage for somebody in her position, like a global icon, or do you think it's like a detriment because you can't please everybody.
Speaker 4: I think that's one made her and a global eye kind if I'm being really honest, because perfectionism is not I mean there are limits. Of course, everything to one extent or like to an extreme, is bad. But if she wouldn't have dedicated most of her career to have her stuff done exactly the way she wants it and just perfect, then she wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Exactly. And also I'm going to say this, you know, I have worked with just in the business, with professionals, Like one time I was on set with Pat McGrath and we were there from like six in the morning until the next day at two in the morning, and she was there. Like it's that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It's like, yeah, she did not go home, she did not leave, she did not take a break. And so that's where like, if Shaquita's going to be there, I'm going to be there, you know what I mean. It's one of those things where it's like, oh, she left and we're just now still here kind of stuck. It's like if I know, she probably stayed the whole time to make sure everything was perfect. Yes, Like that is what separates her and that's why she is check it in and she's we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about her.
Speaker 4: I'm always mentioning that right now, in the society that we live in, we always want easy and quick solutions and fixes. And truly, the artists that make difference are the ones that go back to the small details and make them perfect, because not a lot of people want to put in that work. They just oh, okay, you take care of it. No, you take care of it. No, just make it important. Like no, if you don't take care of the small things that you think nobody else is noticing, then you're not going to make a difference. And I feel she does that perfectly ever since her career started.
Speaker 2: The fundamentals and the basis just already there since the beginning from her dad, and now it's like comes all the way up.
Speaker 1: And Jenny, I'm so happy that you said that, because you know, this ongoing debate that Joseph and I have and our producers and our writers have all the time, is you know, what are the criteria for making somebody an icon? Because you know, during this podcast, I have people dming me, sending me emails being like, wait a second, why isn't this person.
Speaker 3: On your list? Like all of these Randoms.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, okay, but we're always trying to come up with the list, like what are the qualifications.
Speaker 3: To get on the icon list?
Speaker 1: And that one that you just mentioned, I think is so incredibly accurate, like you have to be the one that does the work right, Like you have to show up and you have to care so much that everybody around you cares at the same level. And I think that is one of the things that we haven't discussed. Joseph, and I like, that's so true when you think back to our other icons, right you think to Ricky Martin, Mark, Anthony Bunny, j Lo Cardi, bro Parti, Bruno Mars in their own way, it's the attention to the small things that has the biggest impact in their longevity and their impact as an icon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel I relate to that a lot.
Speaker 4: With the by Bunny videos I have not watched, especially his last videos. I have not watched one that has not got this amazing cinema do rafia, Like all of the all of the shots, all the lighting, everything is just perfect, even the small things that you think nobody would notice. And I'm like, I'm one hundred percent sure that he made sure that everything was like that, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's truly that.
Speaker 1: It's the attention to detail, and they won't let anything come out with their brand, their name, their likeness, their image attached to it if it does not meet their level of standard. If it's not to their level, it's not happening. And I think what dilutes other people or gets in their way from reaching icon status is that they don't have that much control or they're afraid to like take that control.
Speaker 3: I feel like these icons.
Speaker 1: Are like standing in like their full power of their identity and who they are and like, nope, nothing is coming out without me like touching it, seeing it, feeling it, liking it.
Speaker 2: But I also think, you know, we got to with check it out with all of the icons before they all started real scrappy, you know what I mean, And we got to grow with them to be scrapped be and now they're like this, and I feel like sometimes the newer people want to be more like this and not really do the scrappy stuff to get the building block experience. Yeah, the experience exactly, Like they just want the one million dollars, but they didn't know what it was like. To go seeing outside at the fucking carnival, you know what I mean, like that type of stuff where at the you know.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: I think they all started scrappy, like you said, because it didn't have the resources, but they never did a mediocre job ever, exactly.
Speaker 2: They've always did their best with what they had. And yes, just like you don't need all that stuff all bad Mouney. You needed was SoundCloud, yeah, like you know, and then now and now it's a huge production where like even the visuals they're they're all different. But like you know, it was just that and he was just probably on some shitty mic that he got, you know there in Puerto Rico, like not to be like, oh but you know, it wasn't anything fancy, it wasn't anything special.
Speaker 1: It was just it's undeniable, right. I mean, if you got it, you got it, right. They always say like X factor, right. I think that's one of the things that also gets added to the what makes an icon list?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you got it, you got it.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you can see you can see it in somebody like they walk into a room, they're magnetic, like you just feel it. And I feel like Shakita is that right from.
Speaker 2: The very from the beginning, from her pageant day's hanging.
Speaker 1: From her pageant days, from her novella days. That is impossible to find. By the way, I was talking to somebody who's Columbiana about the novella and they're like, oh, I know what novella you're talking about. And I was like, tell me that you saw when you were little. They're like, oh, I've seen it. I was like, Okay, we need to go to Columbia and do an investigative journalism, like deep dive episode into this novella because it has been scrubbed from the interwebs. It is impossible to buy.
Speaker 2: Somebody had to have recorded it. It's there because and also the fact that she sang did we get full? Did she see that?
Speaker 3: She did sing the title song for the time?
Speaker 4: Wo?
Speaker 3: Okay. Now, we love Shaki as an actress.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put that in quotes, but of course we loved her for eternity as a singer. Danny, when do you think we're getting another album?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me though.
Speaker 4: If she she looked at one zero within the next two years.
Speaker 3: I think sooner. I think it's happening.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be a little bit more experimental. I think you're gonna hear like we were saying, all of the songs sound so different, and I feel like in the past the album has felt more cohesive.
Speaker 3: I think she's in her I don't give a fuck, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, to quote bad Money, like I do whatever the fuck I want when I want. I feel like we're gonna get that vibe in this next album, and all of these songs are going to be like little stories that get interwoven to tell her story of like independence. Like I remember when she accepted her award. I think it was at the Latin Women in.
Speaker 3: Music Gala for Billboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said, it's been a year where I've realized we women are stronger than we think, graver when we believed, more.
Speaker 3: Independent than we were taught to be.
Speaker 1: Because what woman hasn't, at some time in her life forgotten herself because she's seeking the attention and love of someone else. It happened to me more than once. This is it, y'all, get ready, it's coming.
Speaker 5: It's so giving me good.
Speaker 2: You know what, She's gonna fucking it's going to be it's going to be a she wolf like something like that.
Speaker 1: Again, she's going to be like a she narwhal or some like mystical being.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's going to be.
Speaker 5: There's some kind of renaissance.
Speaker 3: I agree it is. I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now we know there's a new album coming. We're saying it right here. We don't have the exclusive, but we're going to project our own feelings into the music industry. Hopefully Shade listens to this episode and gives the people what they want.
Speaker 5: But Infestation, we have to rank some.
Speaker 3: Of Shakida's biggest hits. So Joseph and I.
Speaker 1: Have deliberated this over the last few episodes of Becoming an Icon.
Speaker 3: But Danny, I want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: If you had to pick your top three Shakida songs from this list, what would they be?
Speaker 5: Okay? I would do whenever Whenever?
Speaker 4: First, then yes, no, that was my favorite ever like ever when I was a little kid.
Speaker 5: My mom has videos of me dancing too that when I was and it.
Speaker 2: Was your song. Whenever aware ever, bitch, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: Whenever, whenever, and we will be posting those videos to our Instagram of dying shaking her hips to whenever wherever. Then I would do oh see and then hips on lie.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yes.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 3: Now, Joseph, are you gonna go old school?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you pick your favorite? What's would be yours?
Speaker 2: I really get anxiety right now because I just love them so much, So I'm going to go see Waka waka hips don't lie.
Speaker 1: I'm so angry at both of you because neither one of you picked mine, which one is yours?
Speaker 2: That's good because it was?
Speaker 1: Because yeah, I'm setting because how did it not get picked?
Speaker 5: I actually have a favor in this list.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold that thought for one second.
Speaker 2: Tell us tell us yours.
Speaker 1: Though Joseph as my bestie, do you know what song on this list is my top shaky song?
Speaker 2: Fuck? I really just I want to say it's I don't.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay good?
Speaker 1: That is like the sexiest, hottest video of all time. Like I if I ever want to like channel that version of myself, that's the song I'm putting on. Like just the way they sing to each other, like the black paint dripping on her body, the dance she's just to me, she is, Like, that is what like that is like her version of Sasha fears right, Like, if I want to chant that is that's her. It's for me, it's lator and almost but Lator Tuda is like one of my top top top top top. And then Danny, you said that one of your favorite Shakida songs of all time was not on our top three list, So what is it?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 5: Very good? I love that song?
Speaker 2: Wait will you humme it for me? I can't think of it right now?
Speaker 4: Hid dens okay.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yes, I love that song.
Speaker 2: Wow. Actually that I think it wasn't on our list for a reason. But I really really really do like that song. It's just these are like, yeah, I guess these are I'll say these are the main stream ones that like we're like at every fucking and probably still I be honest.
Speaker 1: We always say, you know, people always ask with becoming an icon, like oh, this is for fans of Shakiedo or fans of whatever icon you guys are talking about, and we say, actually, no, like we want the show to be for people that are like, oh, you know what, I'm not really a Shaki Dah fan. But then when they come and listen to becoming an icon, then they become a Shaky Dah fan. So I feel like we set these songs to like intro people into that world and then let them go do their own discovery for what their most iconic Shakida song is now, Daddy, before we let you go, we want to ask you, what do.
Speaker 3: You think the future holds for? Are she Wolf?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm channing in my witch powers.
Speaker 2: Grab the crystals? How grab the crystals?
Speaker 4: I feel she It's really hard for me to say, well, she's gonna be more iconic than she already is, But I feel like she's going to be iconic in a whole new, different level of Shakita. Like I feel people think of Shakida like, oh, yeah, she has nice love songs.
Speaker 5: When I go through a heartbreak, I can listen to her. No, But I feel like.
Speaker 4: She's just gonna reinvent a new way in which women can feel powerful about themselves without having to depend on anybody else because she just went through that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and it kind of started, now you know what I mean. It kind of really just gave a whole woman empowerment. I kind of feel like she might write a book or something.
Speaker 3: Oh she might she might throw a documentary or.
Speaker 2: What if she did like just kind of like essays you know what I mean, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: I am here for the book, I am here for the documentary, and I am here for the album. So Shakidra, your fans have spoken.
Speaker 3: Please deliver it.
Speaker 1: And I also hope, I hope that she stays in her single girl era for a long long time because I am ready for Shakita to like love herself first and most and then obviously selfishly consume everything that comes from all of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, she might start a podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hope she invites the three of us. She will.
Speaker 4: She'll be listening to this and be like check itat We can give you advice and everything.
Speaker 2: We'll find her place. You just go ring the doorbell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm her neighbor.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to get together, like fine.
Speaker 1: Well, daddy, it has been such a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 3: I love all of your insight.
Speaker 1: Thank you for all of your witchery and giving us like full transparency into what's coming with Shakida. I kind of want to like get you on my cellphone right now and call you and ask you what's coming into my life. Not gonna lie selfishly, but this has been so much fun. Thank you and we'll see again soon.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much you guys for having me. It was a pleasure.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 1: Next on becoming an Icon, we're going all the way across the Pacific to Hawaii.
Speaker 2: My sexy mermaid tail makes a comeback.
Speaker 1: No, it actually doesn't. Exki, it's not Hi Gino.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't be able to sway your hips with it.
Speaker 1: Because we're welcoming to the Becoming an Icon roster, His Royal Highness himself, our very own King of funk and of.
Speaker 2: Pop, R and B, soul, disco, reggae and.
Speaker 3: Rock fax facts. I stand corrected.
Speaker 2: None other than your magestye Brunito.
Speaker 1: Mars boy, you better practice that hurtsy. Becoming an Icon is presented by Sonoo and Iheart'smichael Duda podcast network. Listen to Becoming an Icon on the iHeartRadio app, Apple
Speaker 3: Podcast, or wherever you get your podcast