Speaker 1: No, come on, come on this episode of the Heat Check. While everybody is off eating turkey and mashed potatoes and debating on whether mac and cheese is a good side dish or it's a trash side dish or not a side dish at all. I am here in the studio, in the lab. Shall we say for you? It wasn't easy, folks, It was not easy. I kicked and screamed like a little baby today did not But here we are giving you Thanksgiving dessert, because that's the kind of philanthropic bitch I am. Some topics. One may be the biggest NBA story of the year. Is Kevin Durant actually a snake hiding in plain sight? Does he have grayscale? The internet can't get enough of it. We are also going to break down Jeff Green going into one of the most exclusive almost going into one of the most exclusive clubs in the NBA, but of course Andre Drummond had to fuck it up. And finally, I am going to bitch about the subject that everybody knows is bullshit. How the NBA is fucking with my money? Past the gravy brock and drop that motherfucking I have a serious question is it possible that we have a snake living amongst us, pretending possibly to be the best scorer in the world in the association, It appears what was an innocuous tweet turns out to actually be evidence in what might suggest that at least one extremity of Kevin Durant might be actually a snake, a reptile, a reptilian disaster hit happening on Twitter. I mean, it's very rare to see Kevin Durant really getting his feelings like he gets in his feelings here and there about the Golden State thing, whether he bought the rings or not, whether he's actually a bad guy because he didn't stay in Oklahoma City. But he knows that he's the best, right he knows that he's in the pantheon of really great basketball players. What he doesn't know, and I'm sure he's insecure about, is his looks. Like we all kind of are. We find little things about ourselves we don't like. I'm on my seventh round and in Visiline right now, so you can tell what my insecurities are. It's literally the fifth refinement to try to fix this one fucking tooth, So I get it. Kevin Durant, Like if someone's like, oh yeah, we're gonna dissect her mouth structure, which we have, but we are on picking about Kevin Durant. And so the story now goes as follows. Slam kicks. Uh zoomed in on a photo of Kevin durant shoes. It was all supposed to be a nice tweet about how sick Kevin Durant's new signature shoes are. It was quote, you can say a lot with them saying what a caption, You can say a lot without saying anything at all. And of course, in the age of the Internet, in the age of sending photos to people with the ability to zoom in the internet, zoomed in, they zoom zoom, shake the room, and everybody was like, what the fuck is up with Kevin Durant's ankle. There was this very small amount of skin between his legs leave and his sock. Clearly he knew that that was gonna be the outfit choice because he didn't decide, or hadn't in a long time, decided to moisturi eyes. Uh, and oh my god, it looked like the skin had been shall we say, uh neglected NBA Twitter came in and burned a house down for how parched his skin was. Bam out of Bio found it. Center Power Forward of the Miami Heat found it so alarming that he had to start a group chat just for that. He sent it to Draymond Green to be like, hey, Fam, you see this shit. This is out of hand. Probably a lot of crying emojis, like probably some gifts, Probably some crying emoji. This is what Draymond Green had to say about it.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ came. Bam sent me a picture said there's no way ks this ash, and I said, what the fuck? And then I clicked on the link that Bam sent me. That was even ash, that was fucking scales and like, I mean, it looked like you could go fucking skin him like an alligator and take it to the store and sell it. Like that's how bad. That's how bad it was. I have not talked to Kevin yet. I am looking forward to calling him today and getting his appear. I know he gonna say, fuck y'all, Uh, why y'all worried about my ankles? I already know what his response is gonna be to my brother Rich Kleimban Pick the lotion brand that y'all want to endorse and go partner with them, because that'll be an incredible story if Kevin just comes out the next game incredibly low shit, you know, with skin looking impeccable.
Speaker 1: I love to see it, Oh my god, I'd love to see it. And Twitter some of the best I would like to go through some of the best hits of Twitter. I scanned the internet for some of the funniest notable jokes. One was KD lay so ashy, I thought it was part of the sock. Another one I seen bros fresh out of prison that weren't as ashy as KD was on National TV. KD being that ashy is hilarious just for the simple fact that it's probably the ashiest anybody has ever been on National TV. Here's my best part. Had this sock came down any further further, they probably would have cut to commercial. Oh my god. Truthfully, in Kd's defense, it was it looked worse because it was tattooed. If it was just raw skin, no black tattoo ink, making it look like he had a disease on that thing. Coupled by the fact you're like, god, damn is that an alligator foot on there? Like, come on, it looked like the Black plague hit them kind of like it was like, ooh, do you need to go and get that shit looked at? So how do I know that Kevin Durant was upset about it? Draymond was right. He literally was like, fuck y'all. He got on Twitter and tweeted, I'm about to pull my y'all broke card, which anyone who doesn't make forty one million dollars, if you're considering them broke, I'm sorry, then you're just an elite company about five people. He's like, I'm about to pull my y'all broke card in a second, fuck y'all. So to me, this feels similar to like when you go through puberty and your friends find that fact out, Like when a young woman starts to develop boobs and like you're not quite boobs yet, but you're not quite flat chested yet, and your friends are like, yo, what's up with your nipples? Bro? Like they literally just like I can see your nips and they all get in unison only that was Twitter, Like that was millions of people on Twitter coming after Kate. It's like it's bad enough Katie that you never comb your hair fucking lotion your raspy ass legs fam oh, and then the kid gets so sad. He gets like furious and he's crying at the same time because he has no I it's a collective bullying move and he gets so furious, but he knows it's true. He can't do shit about it. He tries to like say something mean back that literally hits nowhere, doesn't land at all. He takes his ball and goes home because he's got the ball, and ever he's like, Kevin, come back. We just playing. We just playing Kevin, We just playing, you know, Jerkin having motherfucker get Kevin. Only that guy makes forty one million dollars a year and he's one of the best pure scores in history to me, Top five story of the year. Like millions of people tweeting about how ashy Kevin Durant was, Like literally it was trending. Kevin kd ashy that has everything that to me has everything. We now know also that kd probably he's in the group chat too with with Draymond and Bam, all the people that played Olympic basketball together in the bubble of Tokyo just to ship talk other players. I'd love to know what was in that group chat. Uh it being Kevin Durant, who also has his own podcast, we know this story is not going anywhere. I know he's probably going to say something about it. I'm surprised nobody asked him about it at the postgame podium. Hey Kevin Durant, Uh, you know lotion when you get a shower or what? What's your post? I should just like troll them, just like, Hey Kevin Trista crik Odyssey, just want to know what your post short shower routine is? Uh wash, sup? So soap up, dry off? And then what and then what? And then what? Oh man? How great? How great would that be if Kevin Durant and Draymond restart the feud because Draymond got on a podcast and said it looked like he could sell his leg skin and they could turn him into shoes. Golden State plays Brooklyn January twenty ninth. Expect Draymond to come to the arena with a super sized bottle of Jurggins just to get it under Kd's snake skin. You did I know.
Speaker 3: Almobi one when out walk golf I feel like I got to be it chill you now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about it? On one that they talk about.
Speaker 2: On me, the one they talk about, the one they and the may Nuts.
Speaker 1: The funniest statistic in the league is called a trillion, probably the most rare stat in professional basketball. Uh. It's when you get exactly no mentions in a box score, none zero, no points, no assists, no rebounds, no steals, no blocks, no turnovers, nothing, nothing, just twelve zeros in a row. A trillion. Twelve zeros a trillion. Yeah, it's so legendary that Mark Titus actually built his career over around that Club trillion brand. He has a podcast, Club Trillion, his handle on Twitter Club trillion after all of the zeros that he got at the end of the bench at Ohio State. He was there for four years. He was at Ohio State, fifteenth man on the bench. Incredible, kind of like an anomaly on its own. Like you go four years and you still don't go up to fourteenth or thirteenth. They're still that bad than in a D one program. They hang let you hang around. You're a glorified towel boy at that point. But you don't get DMPs. You are in the game. You play minutes, but you don't contribute anything to society nothing, zero absolute zeros. And he had in that time exactly nine points in his four years at Ohio State, four seasons, d one athlete and many many many trillions, many trillions. So Jeff Green, Jeff Green is no Mark Titus. Jeff Green is about to play his one thousandth NBA game. This guy has attempted ten thousand, three hundred and thirty two shots to date in the fifteen seasons, playing for eleven teams. All I have to say, like, Jeff Green's been an elite athlete for a long time, in high pressure moments for a long ass time. Like he's been in the league doing things. But you know how it goes. In Philadelphia's game against Denver, Jeff Green, Denver nugget played twenty three minutes and recorded exactly one rebound, nothing, nothing else, zip, zero, nada. He took exactly zero shots. He didn't get a block, didn't get a steal, not an assist, not a turnover, didn't even commit a foul, did not even commit one foul in twenty three minutes. That's pretty rare to do. The only statistical contribution. Contribution that he had in almost a half a basketball game was a rebound, one rebound that fell into his lap because fucking Andre Drummond missed his free throw. We were so close to seeing an NBA trillion, Jeff Green, Fucking Andre Drumming that trillion should have been yours. Jeff Green. I do not know how I can express how hard it is to play meaningful minutes of NBA basketball and literally do nothing, not even a turnover. Twenty three minutes and you did nothing statistically zero, Like you played a half of basketball and almost contributed in no way that anyone It was almost like you weren't even there. Only I know that people are gonna give me the well trust, well, actually trust He was a plus thirteen, all right, so we'll go yes, yes, yes, Stats don't tell you everything. He played defense, he said, screens, he worked his way around some picks. He even deflected a pass or two. He was minus one in the game that the Sixers lost by fourteen, So he was good on the floor statistically then when he was off the floor. But come on, now, we were one. Andre Drummond made free throw away from Jeff Green, joining the most exclusive club, the Trillionaires Club. And I don't think I can possibly convey how sad I am about that. Like I wanted that for Jeff. I wanted him to go into a rarefy. It's like the uh, what's that? The Mile High Club. It's like that, only worse, you know less, definitely more rare, but worse less, worse, worse time, probably a worse time. We were so close to seeing so incredibly rare that I would have hung my hat on for Jeff Green. Kind of a dope club I could love to see, like a Marked Titus Jeff Green podcast collab. Maybe saw merch with Jeff Green's face. It's like Club Trillion. And of course the funniest thing to me was that, of course Andre Drummond was the fly in the ointment, as he always is. God damn it, jigga, I don't like it if it don't gleam, blame in the hell with the Christ.
Speaker 3: But the money ain't to put it down. Half of a dog that's locked in the bring. When you hit the bricks blue with money, ain't a dang y'all want to bloss We burn it up, drop a little paper baby, chaws it up. You see licking on your pim bit. Turn it up.
Speaker 1: You see the money ain't The NBA thinks we're JD. They think we don't. They think we just have all the money. Money ain't a thing. Yeah, it's like we're jay Z and JD and we're skate skirting our lambos when you hit the bricks new whips. Money ain't a thing, y'all want to floss with No. Money is not not a thing. Money is actually a thing for me, NBA, Like we need to talk about it, NBA. I got a beef. I have a beef. I have lost so much money that I definitely don't have to be losing. It's not like I'm just throwing out dollars out of my fucking ferrari my whip. Like this is not real life for me. Come on now. So I was on bet MGM the other night debating, just vacillating, puzzled on whether I should take Portland minus six and a half against the Denver Nuggets. What so Michael Porter Junior is out? I know it. He's out indefinitely. Jimal Murray out indefinitely. What about Yo Kichen? I'm looking I'm looking on Twitter? What am I gonna do. I'm waivering. Is Ian is he out? Is Ian is he out? He's questionable. I'm looking on Twitter, I'm looking on stat mus, I'm looking on NBA Fantasy Draft dfs, this, this, this, literally, I'm scouring, like do I take this fucking bets or do I not? Then all of a sudden, we see Yokich on the TV warming up line moves the four. I'm like, all right, well, he's definitely gonna play. I'm stand away, stand away from this game. Nope, comes ends up getting ruled out two minutes before game time. Same thing ends up happening with the MAVs and Luca against the Clippers. Same night, a d also against the Knicks was ruled out. All you saw boomed sickness. He's sicky, he's sicky. Oh he's ruled out with the flu non covids's sicky, sicky, And then nope, motherfucker played that game. Play that game. Yes he did. And that's when I saw this tweet. You know, I had a spiritual moment when I saw this tweet. It said, it was almost like I felt it the moment it was tweeted, like, oh my god, someone got inside of my brain inside of my soul and tweeted this out before I could even properly communicate this. This is what he said. The NBA needs to be better with the injury deadlines. Still no word if ad is gonna play. Also no clue about Luca. How does the NBA expect people to wager on games? Fucking right, Jason McIntyre, This shit right here, hits hard, This right here. This is why people hate betting on the NBA. This is why the NFL has a ten page document on injury reports, how to report them, when to report them, what fines you get if you don't report them in correct order, correct timeliness, and factually this is the NBA's policy, the whole policy for them. Now have ten Like listen, ten page document versus this a little blurb that I'm about to tell you on a thirty minute podcast. Twenty twenty one. Twenty twenty two season, NBA teams must report information concerning player injuries illnesses in the rest for NBA games by five pm Local time on the day before a game local time. What do you mean that's nine p come on other than the day of a back to back, teams must designate a participation status and identify a specific injury, illness or potential instance of a player resting. For any player whose participation in the game might be affected by some injury, illness or rest for the second game of a back to back, teams must report the above injury information by one pm local time the day of the game. Reporters reports are updated on a continuous basis throughout the day. That's a lie, no, they're not. The problem, though, is that the NBA has an inordinate amount of late game scratches, such as Nikola Jokic against the Blazers. So this problem, to me is even more exacerbated and magnified by the age of COVID really due to the disease, not only that itself, but the wonky schedule that created so many fucking back to backs for us. They get special rules for reporting things like load management. You don't have to report load management until the day of but this time because of this thing. Not to mention what happens if you get like a last minute close contact, what happens if you get the last minute close inconclusive test for COVID late gain scratch? All of this means, I mean, it's bullshit. It's bullshit. I've lost so much money on this. All of this means that the NBA has become one of the most unpredictable sports to bet on, which means the worst bet sports to bet on. Like I like particular predictability with how things are going to go for me. The Lakers recently scratched Ady and Brawn late, less than an hour before game time, and the line moved seven fucking points. That's a lot. They just they just take it right off the board too. You don't even see it. Then you see it comes back up no eight points more, You're like, whoa, yikes, Blazers four point favors. If you get that shit early and then something turns around, you are in bad, bad shape, bad bad shape. Blazer's four point favorites against the Nuggets until yokich Win's completely scratched, the line moved very quickly to eleven eight points. Are you serious? A lot of times you're basically betting, not just on a spread or a total, but whether like someone like Embiid is going to play or not. Like that's an easy way to get burned. Embiad's pretty fucking important to a team's success. Don't you think the only thing we can try to do. This is where it gets insane. This is where it's like like, hey, who's in the arena right now? Like, oh, some random guy on Twitter's like, hey, uh, I'm in section two thirty two. I'm looking at Nicolai okicch right now. He's got the green bands around both knees. He's doing Oklahoma drills and yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. But literally, those band drills, those band drills are only designated, from my professional opinion, as a rehab drill, not a pregame warm up. So in my estimation, Nicole Okitch is out, and it's like do I trust Mark Nuggets fan two one two one Mile High City? I don't know, Like, is he fucking with me? Does he follow every bedding account? She's trying to get some cloud? What are you up to? Mark? You know? What is your angle? Here? Is he sweaty? How sweaty is he? Ad? Looks pretty sweaty? Is Oh? That means he's gonna play ads in not taking the bet. I'm staying away. I mean, come on now, that would never happen in the NFL. Never. I don't have JD and Jay z money. Money is a thing for me. Money is absolutely a thing for me, and this is why fuck the NBA. Fuck the NBA when it comes to betting. I'm out. Don't bother to note that I have ten bets on the Sleep tonight, but just fuck them because they have a long way to go before starting tomorrow. Diet starts Monday. NBA betting diet starts Monday after Thanksgiving because they have a long fucking way to go before the NBA can take the throne away from the Shield when it comes to bets. That's all the time that we have for the heat Check. Be back Monday evening to recap everything that went over happened over the holiday weekend. I hope you guys have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving. No yelling at your siblings or at that crazy fucking uncle or that aunt that wants to talk about politics. Stay the fuck away, listen to the heat check. Lots to be thankful for, Stay covid for you guys, Do not forget to follow us on social at this heat check and at Tristan Creek on TikTok. We'll see your money bubble.
Speaker 3: Hard and the double low flashing the rings with the window crack bag. Money ain't the thame jigger. I don't like it if its own gleam, flame and the hell on Christ because the money ain't a take down hard from a dog that's lopped in the thing when you hit the brinks new whipth money ain't the tang. Yeah, I wanted to get off.
Speaker 2: The dust on the ball.
Speaker 1: We burn it out, we drop the pile, its offs it up, turn it out.
Speaker 3: See the money ain't the bag. Rock rock on rack rock right
Speaker 2: Right, h